Evil Priest
Claws In So Deep
Relentless Revolution
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence
Thrown to the Wolves

the deathmetaler
10-15-2011, 04:23 AM
That Anthrax setlist is absolutely terrible. Way too many new songs. They could easily replace "In The End", "I'm Alive", "Anti-Social", and "Only" with more classic songs such as "Medusa", "Be All, End All", Got The Time", "Lone Justice", "Among The Living", etc. On the other hand, Testament's set is fucking awesome!!!

makethemsuffer12
10-15-2011, 04:45 AM
I like the fact that Anthrax are playing all my favorite songs off the new album, but come the fuck on! If you're going to play that short at least play a different older song as opposed to the same freaking ones over and over again.

That Testament set is pretty standard, but still awesome.

Maidenmagic
10-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Testament plays 13 songs while Anthrax plays 12.

elturtleboy
10-15-2011, 08:06 AM
They're headlining and STILL have a short set!? Glad I ditched this one.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Death Angel not playing Kill as One, and 5 new songs in a short Anthrax headlining set are unacceptable.

metallicbrian666
10-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Glad I'm not paying for this show lol

Free awesome Testament set with Gene fucking Hoglan works for me.

IrritatedTrout
10-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Standard sets but good sets. I'm really jealous of those that get to see this tour, Anthrax is doing all the best stuff off the new album. I'd also really like to see Testament do Henchman Ride.

Indestructible
10-15-2011, 08:32 AM
I would rather hear Be All, End All or Who Cares Wins than Antisocial. I want to hear something from Persistence Of Time just like everyone else. They can drop Only and Metal Thrashing Mad for a song from that album, but what are you going to do? This is a tour that thrash fans thought they could only dream about and now it's a reality, so stop complaining and enjoy it. If you were to attend this show would you really stand there and get mad at the band for playing Antisocial?
Worship Music is amazing, so I am fine with them playing five songs. They're playing In The End!!!:rocker:

jhdeity
10-15-2011, 08:35 AM
It's official. Anthrax are the absolute WORST band in the history of music at picking setlists. I'm glad I saw this here before I drove an hour to see this show. I really like Worship Music but my problem is with the same old songs I don't want to hear since I've seen them every single show.

Also 12 songs from a headlining band is absolutely pathetic. FAIL!

Decent Testament setlist... can't remember ever seeing a Testament setlist without Practice what you Preach since they wrote it...

jhdeity
10-15-2011, 08:40 AM
I would rather hear Be All, End All or Who Cares Wins than Antisocial. I want to hear something from Persistence Of Time just like everyone else. They can drop Only and Metal Thrashing Mad for a song from that album, but what are you going to do? This is a tour that thrash fans thought they could only dream about and now it's a reality, so stop complaining and enjoy it. If you were to attend this show would you really stand there and get mad at the band for playing Antisocial?
Worship Music is amazing, so I am fine with them playing five songs. They're playing In The End!!!:rocker:

I think you're missing the point. These 3 bands have all toured extensively the last couple of years and true fans have heard all of these songs as recently as a few months ago.

If I'm going to pay to see Anthrax headline for the 1st time in a decade can't they at least throw us a bone? Where is AIR, NFL, Be All End All, In My World, hell where the fuck is Among the Living? Glad I waiting to buy my ticket...

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2011, 08:40 AM
This is a tour that thrash fans thought they could only dream about and now it's a reality, so stop complaining and enjoy it.

Who saw this tour as unrealistic? Last year there was a Megadeth/Slayer tour that had both Anthrax and Testament on separate legs, plus there was the big 4 shows.

I like the new album to but I'm Alive and In The End are gonna kill the crowd.

metallicbrian666
10-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I think you're missing the point. These 3 bands have all toured extensively the last couple of years and true fans have heard all of these songs as recently as a few months ago.

If I'm going to pay to see Anthrax headline for the 1st time in a decade can't they at least throw us a bone? Where is AIR, NFL, Be All End All, In My World, hell where the fuck is Among the Living? Glad I waiting to buy my ticket...
This exactly.

Thankfully they were passing out free tickets the last couple of weeks at Chicago shows (sales must've sucked). I'm excited for Testament but the Anthrax set is garbage. At least with John Bush they have a lot more material to pick from, but even with just the Joey material they can do better than this greatest hits horseshit.

Sanitarium78
10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
My issue isn't with playing five off the new album or playing the old standards. My issue is a band who's been together in one form or another for close to 30 years only plays a headlining set of 12 songs. It's cool that GTT has been dropped but it couldn't be replaced by something else off POT:confused:

Seriuosly Scott and Charlie need to wake the fuck up. After Testament playing the set that they did how the fuck do you go out there and do the bare minimum set wise and play one less song as the headliner?

I'm hoping since it was the first night Anthrax was just trying to get back into the touring groove or there were some issues with setting up or sound that caused them to cut it short.

My show doesn't come until towards the end of the tour. So, hopefully by then Anthrax has made some changes or added something.

There's no reason the set couldn't go something like this:

Earth On Hell
Fight 'Em Til You Can't
Caught In A Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
I'm Alive
The Devil You Know
In My World
Indians
In The End
AIR
Only

Be, All End All
Among The Living
I Am The Law

Is a 14 or 15 song set really asking too much?

electrocute1031
10-15-2011, 10:23 AM
well looks like i'll be skipping this one, and go see gwar instead, i think gwar is less money too.

Sanitarium78
10-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Decent Testament setlist... can't remember ever seeing a Testament setlist without Practice what you Preach since they wrote it...

Setlist.fm says that Disciples Of The Watch was the closer. But a reviewer on the Anthrax message board who says they're a big Testamen fan said that PWYP was the closer. They don't list Disciples as even being played.

There's another show tonight so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

bobbie solo
10-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Anthrax is my 2nd favorite band, but ill be skipping this tour now sadly unless this setlist is just a one night thing. I went to the secret show, and this setlist covers barely any new ground except for cuts from the new album, which is awesome btw. Way to let me down fellas.

Palabra de Dios
10-15-2011, 11:05 AM
I agree with sentiments already expressed so far:

Aren't these guys professionals and veterans? They can't play a real headlining set? Megadeth plays at least 16-17 songs at their shows.

Hell, bands like Rush and Dream Theater play for 2 hours. Jesus. Give the people their money's worth, Anthrax!

Sanitarium78
10-15-2011, 11:14 AM
I agree with sentiments already expressed so far:

Aren't these guys professionals and veterans? They can't play a real headlining set? Megadeth plays at least 16-17 songs at their shows.

Hell, bands like Rush and Dream Theater play for 2 hours. Jesus. Give the people their money's worth, Anthrax!

Actually Rush plays for three hours. They do have a 20 min intermission to. Another example of what you're talking about is Rob Halford. He's 60 years old and still singing over two hours a night on the current Priest tour.

All we ask is that Anthrax makes it look like they give a shit in some way. But doing a set like this on your big comeback album/tour with Joey is just fuckin lazy as hell.

Nater
10-15-2011, 01:25 PM
well looks like i'll be skipping this one, and go see gwar instead, i think gwar is less money too.

Yeah the Gwar show is only $20 this is $30 or something like that.

I'm still gonna go because I wanna see Death Angel and fuck it's Anthrax and everytime they have come around the past 2 years I have had to miss the show for one reason or another.

Platinum Maze
10-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe this is more of a co-headlining tour? Still though, Anthrax could come up with a better set than this...

Very surprised to see Envy Life on Testament's set. Cool.

JRA
10-15-2011, 03:51 PM
My issue is a band who's been together in one form or another for close to 30 years only plays a headlining set of 12 songs.

This right here is why Anthrax will always be the weakest link of the big 4.

Of course there is always the possibility that Testament played too long and had to drop a song from the set so they don't run over curfew.

treghet
10-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeeaahhhh glad I didn't buy a ticket for this. Immolation (same night) will be way more fun.

jeremysaal
10-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Are you f@$#g kidding me? 12 songs? Every time that I see Anthrax, they piss me off that much more. Minimal effort on their part. Get through it quick and go back and hide in the tour bus.

If I see the other recent shows were this lame, I'll skip tomorrow's Minneapolis show and use the money on a band that actually plays a set when they're headlining.

I guess that I should have known.

jeremysaal
10-15-2011, 05:42 PM
It's official. Anthrax are the absolute WORST band in the history of music at picking setlists. I'm glad I saw this here before I drove an hour to see this show. I really like Worship Music but my problem is with the same old songs I don't want to hear since I've seen them every single show.

Also 12 songs from a headlining band is absolutely pathetic. FAIL!

You said it, bro. I guess since Scott married the "cash cow", he doesn't need to provide any effort anymore.

300%_Density
10-15-2011, 05:48 PM
You guys still get DA & Testament. I have to go to a radio sponsored abortion where I have to see Rev Theory & have Five Finger Death Punch headline. Pro side is Hatebreed will be there but still yes Anthrax set is shitty but you still get the other 2 and I will be amongst 'bros & knuckleheads all night. Anybody going still wins over me.

Sanitarium78
10-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Get through it quick and go back and hide in the tour bus.

Not Joey and Frank. I know they're pretty cool when it comes to meeting fans.

PowerMaiden
10-15-2011, 07:34 PM
like many of you said, although I'm very happy with the new material they've choosen to play, the set is way too short and no fucking songs out of their last 2 years routine live choices.

It make me feel a bit better that this doesn't comme to Canada, although I gotta admit I would still go in a heartbeat :D

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
10-16-2011, 05:40 AM
like many of you said, although I'm very happy with the new material they've choosen to play, the set is way too short and no fucking songs out of their last 2 years routine live choices.

It make me feel a bit better that this doesn't comme to Canada, although I gotta admit I would still go in a heartbeat :D

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I wish it was coming up here too. That Anthrax set is garbage but I'd love to see Death Angel again, and I've only ever seen two songs of a Testament show.

jrose246
10-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Stay home, loser.