PDA

View Full Version : Fred Durst To Star in New CBS Comedy Series

MPF
10-14-2011, 01:52 AM
As "WHY GOD WHY???" this is...if Snooki, Kim Kardashian, and Paris Hilton could have shows doing absolutely nothing....so can Fred Durst:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/fred-durst-signs-deal-with-cbs-cbs-studios-will-star-in-comedy-project/

EXCLUSIVE: Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst is looking to front his own comedy series next. Durst has signed his first ever TV deal with CBS and CBS TV Studios. Under the pact, he has partnered with CBS TV Studios-based producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum on a half-hour comedy project, which he will star in and produce. The untitled comedy, sometimes referred to as Douchebag, has received a script commitment. It centers around a rock legend looking for balance between his high profile lifestyle and trying to raise a family. It will be written by Matthew Carlson (Mr. Sunshine) who will executive produce with the Tannenbaums. The idea was brought to the Tannenbaum Co. by Durst’s manager/producer John Schneider who will serve as a non-writing producer. Schneider is already in business with the Tannenbaums, CBS Studios and CBS. Last season, he and his brother, actor Rob Schneider, developed a family comedy with the same auspices, which was inspired by Rob Schneider’s real-life experiences. The project recently received a midseason series order by CBS. On the TV side, Durst’s only previous credits were arcs on NBC’s limited series Revelations and Fox’s House. In features, he directed The Education of Charlie Banks and The Longshots.

hellawaits77ny
10-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Jesus. That outta be interesting. Hmmm, whatever happened to Limp Bizkit's tour?

MPF
10-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Jesus. That outta be interesting. Hmmm, whatever happened to Limp Bizkit's tour?

20 bucks says that is was low ticket sales that are keeping them from touring.

TonyD
10-14-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm looking forward to this.

MPF
10-14-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm looking forward to this.

To be honest. I am too. Either it's going to be a total trainwreck and good to watch for one episode. or it could actually be somewhat good.

He could be like Justin Timberlake, where he completely sucks donkey balls as a musician, but can act damn good.

Magson13
10-14-2011, 02:39 AM

Gayhem '12.

I'll watch this show. I think Durst could actually have potential. He's already a douchebag, so he doesn't even need to act much to pull it off.

hellawaits77ny
10-14-2011, 02:40 AM
20 bucks says that is was low ticket sales that are keeping them from touring.

Probably

MetalIsArt
10-14-2011, 04:33 AM
I used to have a "soft spot" for Bizkit. Now I listen to them and think? Wut???

Borland is funny, "I DONT LIEK FRED" and two weeks later "IM BAK"...

mastodon421
10-14-2011, 04:37 AM
This is beyond hilarious news. I am eagerly awaiting this.

Maidenmagic
10-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Durst is gonna have to pull off some serious acting to pull off a rock legend. Not that I would watch this any way. Can't stand nu-metal.

Sanitarium78
10-14-2011, 07:03 AM
At least the plot of the show sounds interesting. Hopefully it doesn't feature any music from Limp Bizkit though.

RAZOR
10-14-2011, 07:21 AM
It'll last a couple episodes then probably be canceled.

mankvill
10-14-2011, 07:59 AM
To be honest. I am too. Either it's going to be a total trainwreck and good to watch for one episode. or it could actually be somewhat good.

He could be like Justin Timberlake, where he completely sucks donkey balls as a musician, but can act damn good.

>implying JT is a bad musician

jd091
10-14-2011, 10:23 AM
>implying JT is a bad musician

^

And oh man, I would definitely watch this show if it happens. :lol:

TonyD
10-14-2011, 10:25 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Durst isn't gonna make a good actor.
Also dude, Timberlake was ok in The Social Network, but other than that I haven't seen anything out of him worthy of saying he's a "damn good" actor.

Dextrimental
10-14-2011, 10:28 AM
I'd rather Limp Bizkit tour more. This could be interesting though, I'm all ears to him being a decent actor.

RampinUp46
10-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I personally hope CBS goes with the idea Bill Hicks left us and airs "Let's Hunt and Kill Fred Durst" in place of this show.

...Then again, who knows? This might be a good show after all.

MPF
10-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Also dude, Timberlake was ok in The Social Network, but other than that I haven't seen anything out of him worthy of saying he's a "damn good" actor.

Alpha Dog. I haven't even seen The Social Network.

I personally hope CBS goes with the idea Bill Hicks left us and airs "Let's Hunt and Kill Fred Durst" in place of this show.

...Then again, who knows? This might be a good show after all.

Bill Hicks died before Fred Durst was ever in music...good attempt though. :)

daimonos
10-14-2011, 12:31 PM

Alpha Dog.

This.

He was pretty good in Black Snake Moan, too.

RampinUp46
10-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Bill Hicks died before Fred Durst was ever in music...good attempt though. :)

I know, but Durst is a lot worse (in my opinion) than Billy Ray Cyrus, so I edited the original line.

Magson13
10-14-2011, 09:51 PM
It'll last a couple episodes then probably be canceled.

If Whitney still hasn't been canceled, then this show will be just fine.

MPF
10-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I know, but Durst is a lot worse (in my opinion) than Billy Ray Cyrus, so I edited the original line.

No Billy Ray is still worse, he's the reason there was Hannah Montana. 'Nuff said. I love Bill Hicks, the only man as smart as George Carlin and Henry Rollins.

If Whitney still hasn't been canceled, then this show will be just fine.

HOLY FUCK!!!! You said something I agree with. :eek::eek::eek:

Magson13
10-14-2011, 11:56 PM
HOLY FUCK!!!! You said something I agree with. :eek::eek::eek:

How could anyone NOT agree with me on that one?