PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth - Dark Genesis boxset for Sale

Jasonic
10-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Hello.
I have the Dark Genesis boxset for sale.
This is an amazing package that contains the demo CD, the first 3 studio CDs remastered, and the tribute to the gods CD. I am the original owner and purchased this direct from Century Media when it was released back in 2001. Discs hardly ever listened to as it was purchased for collectors purposes only. Outer shrinkwrap is STILL in tact, though open on the side. This boxset is in perfect mint condition. This is limited to just 3000 copies worldwide!!!!!!

As of now, only looking to sell. Please PM offers if interested.
Thanks

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2011, 10:04 AM
You're gonna get it now.:lol:

mankvill
10-07-2011, 10:25 AM
wow

what an amazing deal!!!

i will be sending you a Private Message with my ordering details now!!!

ravenheart
10-07-2011, 01:07 PM
So, apart from being in the wrong forum... why wouldn't people just buy the re-release version? There were no differences between the two editions. In fact, it's available in this country brand new on Amazon right now.

Also, when you're done selling your music collection, are you going to be taking bids on your excess exclamation points?

Jasonic
10-10-2011, 12:21 PM
How can anything in the GENERAL forum be the "wrong" forum?

Well, if you are an Iced Earth collector, and don't have this, then yes, it would be a desired item. To the casual fan, I would agree that the separate re-issues would suffice. This is definitely an item for the die-hard fans.

Not sure how long you have been an Iced Earth fan, but when this first came out over 10 years ago, it was an amazing release. I mean to get a proper CD release of the demo as well as the Tribute to the Gods (Which as cheesy as it is, contains some of the best covers ever done by a metal band, IMHO.

Though I do agree that with the number of reissues, this isn't for the casual fan.

mankvill
10-10-2011, 01:28 PM

You posted this in Misinformation and Propaganda originally

TonyD
10-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Get the FUCK out of here and post your shit on eBay already

ravenheart
10-11-2011, 02:45 AM

Because it was in the wrong forum when I posted and has since been moved, maybe?

Well, if you are an Iced Earth collector, and don't have this, then yes, it would be a desired item. To the casual fan, I would agree that the separate re-issues would suffice. This is definitely an item for the die-hard fans..

I actually meant the re-issue of this box. I have it, bought in about 2006 or so.

And Tribute To The Gods would be great if the production didn't suck so hard.

Jasonic
10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
There was a reissue of THIS boxset?
I honestly did not know that.

Jasonic
10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Get the FUCK out of here and post your shit on eBay already

You have the option of not reading the thread. Period.

illuminatus917
10-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Period.

You're so emphatic.

Jasonic
10-12-2011, 06:21 AM
You're so emphatic.

Sorry, it's just that I shouldn't have to explain to a forum of adults that ANYTHING GOES on a GENERAL FORUM.

Also, why the hell would someone click on a thread they have no interest in to begin with let alone reply to it?

That would be like if someone created a thread, "Check out my emo-core band"? Why would I read it or reply to it? I know that if I did, all I would do is respond in a non-constructive way, wasting everyone's time.

I know it's easy for folks to sit behind a screen and keyboard and think they run the place because they post here more frequently. Unlike many here, I have had this discussion with one of the mods from this forum, IN PERSON!! Wow, imagine that! Human contact! He agreed that in a GENERAL FORUM, anything is valid.

I get that I may not have been posting as long as others, and that's why folks get upset when Jasonic comes along to post his wares for sale. I have been participating more in the Starving Musicians and Set Lists threads. I do speak with folks regularly on here, etc.

Ok, this is getting old. Bye.

DethMaiden
10-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Sorry, it's just that I shouldn't have to explain to a forum of adults that ANYTHING GOES on a GENERAL FORUM.

Also, why the hell would someone click on a thread they have no interest in to begin with let alone reply to it?

That would be like if someone created a thread, "Check out my emo-core band"? Why would I read it or reply to it? I know that if I did, all I would do is respond in a non-constructive way, wasting everyone's time.

I know it's easy for folks to sit behind a screen and keyboard and think they run the place because they post here more frequently. Unlike many here, I have had this discussion with one of the mods from this forum, IN PERSON!! Wow, imagine that! Human contact! He agreed that in a GENERAL FORUM, anything is valid.

I get that I may not have been posting as long as others, and that's why folks get upset when Jasonic comes along to post his wares for sale. I have been participating more in the Starving Musicians and Set Lists threads. I do speak with folks regularly on here, etc.

Ok, this is getting old. Bye.

We know.

ravenheart
10-12-2011, 07:20 AM
IN PERSON!! Wow, imagine that! Human contact!

Failing to see the relevance...

ravenheart
10-12-2011, 07:22 AM
There was a reissue of THIS boxset?
I honestly did not know that.

Yeah, there was. Although I have a feeling it was Europe only. I think when the original came out, most of the run was allocated to the US, but it proved unexpectedly popular in Europe.

I missed out on the original run, but got one of the re-issues direct from Century Media's store. It then started appearing on sites like Amazon etc., and is in fact still in stock at Amazon today.

illuminatus917
10-12-2011, 09:20 AM

In all fairness, you've created a number of these threads.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=1305730

And if I remember correctly, the first ten or so were met with constructive replies if any.

Your over-saturation of this forum to post classifieds is what's resulted in the hostility.

Jasonic
10-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Failing to see the relevance...

Meaning that there are a lot of "armchair mods" on this forum.........

Jasonic
10-12-2011, 09:27 AM
In all fairness, you've created a number of these threads.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=1305730

And if I remember correctly, the first ten or so were met with constructive replies if any.

Your over-saturation of this forum to post classifieds is what's resulted in the hostility.

You mean for sale threads?

Well, whatevs... I certainly do not want to be hostile with anyone.
My stance remains the same.
You see a thread that has no interest to you, don't click it.

illuminatus917
10-12-2011, 09:31 AM
You mean for sale threads?

Yeah, "for sale" threads tend to be called classifieds.

Jasonic
10-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Sure, but we don't have a FOR SALE / TRADE forum.
Certainly would be a good idea though!

mankvill
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
You posted this in Misinformation and Propaganda originally

ravenheart
10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Meaning that there are a lot of "armchair mods" on this forum.........

:lol: There are a lot of guys on an internet forum who complain about shit on the internet forum... on the internet forum? Fuck. Ing. Hell. :hecho:

Looked to me like an "I'm cooler than you nerds" comment. And completely irrelevant.

ravenheart
10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Sure, but we don't have a FOR SALE / TRADE forum.
Certainly would be a good idea though!

That would certainly be one solution.

mankvill
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
:lol: There are a lot of guys on an internet forum who complain about shit on the internet forum... on the internet forum? Fuck. Ing. Hell. :hecho:

Looked to me like an "I'm cooler than you nerds" comment. And completely irrelevant.

lol its time 2 move out of ur mooms basement u fukn nerds, get a lyfe n get laid fukn d&d playin nerds lmao

Jasonic
10-13-2011, 07:10 AM
YES PLEASE GET OUT OF YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT!!!!

No, in fact, stay there. It's a jungle out there.

If you have free room and board..........NEVER LEAVE!!!!!! :)