PDA

View Full Version : Immolation -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 5th, 2011

valgalder
10-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Gigan and Jungle Rot opened..sorry don't have their setlist.

Immolation crushed as usual. They just released a new EP through Scion, but being the first date of the tour, they didn't have it yet. I'll snag it when I see them in Buffalo sunday... they did play 3 songs from it though and sounded great.

Majesty & Decay
Swarm of Terror
Under The Supreme
What They Bring (New)
Close To A World Below
A Token of Malice
No Jesus, No Beast
Power & Shame
Dawn of Possession
Still Lost (New)
Den of Theives
Sinful Nature
Illumination (New)
Into Everlasting Fire

World Agony (encore)

treghet
10-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Great set. Can't wait for the show! :rocker:

hellawaits77ny
10-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Bummed I have to miss this tour

adamclark52
10-06-2011, 12:50 AM
They opened with Majesty and Decay, that's fucking intense. I saw them this time last year at the Mod Club in Toronto and that song fucking destroyed. Such a powerful riff.

I'm new to Immolation, I've only heard the Majesty and Decay album and the one before it, Shadows in the Light, but everyone should listen to the Majesty and Decay album. In 2010 it was second to Triptykon for my favorite album. So many good riffs, so heavy. The Shadows... album wasn't quite as good, and I don't have the disposable $$$ to buy too much of there other stuff but to anyone reading; do yourself a favor and check out Majesty and Decay.

They have to be one of the loudest bands I've seen too. Not very often do I have trouble hearing after a show but I couldn't hear for three days after seeing them last year. I really wanted to see this show but I missed a full days work to see them last year and I couldn't do the same this year. How was the turnout? Last year Vader opened, there were maybe 200 people there, and after Vader was done at least half the crowd left and Immolation played to less than a hundred people. So I was NOT surprised to see them playing the Wreckroom this time around.

larvtard
10-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Nothing from Unholy Cult? What is this???

smearCampaign
10-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Into Everlasting Fire and Dawn of Possesion?! Great set list.

I hope they do another tour late this year or early next as I am missing this show in San Antonio to see Mastodon here in Austin.

Spiner202
10-06-2011, 07:21 AM
I'd love to have gone to this, but it was 19+.

I have to admit that despite having four of their albums, I probably couldn't really recognize any songs (other than maybe a couple from the new one). Still, I'm sure it was a lot of fun, and it would have been cool to see Jungle Rot too. Next time, I guess.

girnny777
10-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Nothing from Unholy Cult? What is this???

They did Sinful Nature.

DethMaiden
10-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Only Immo song I ever really listen to on purpose is Father, You're Not a Father, so its absence is a bummer.

Nater
10-06-2011, 09:15 AM
How was Jungle Rot? I really wanted to make it down to NY for the show but I might hold off till March to catch Deicide/Jungle Rot:rocker:

valgalder
10-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Jungle Rot were alright.. Only really familiar with their old stuff, but they seemed to mostly play new stuff. Some of the break down parts they have are :tp: but they did have some cool songs and they sounded overall pretty good.

I thought Gigan were better though... i love the guitarist use of effects + theremin and their drummer is fucking unreal. Not huge into techy stuff these days, but they do impress me live.

Nater
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah some of the breakdowns in the new album are a bit ridiculous but I can deal with it. I havn't listened to Gigan but I will check them out at some point.

treghet
10-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Only Immo song I ever really listen to on purpose is Father, You're Not a Father, so its absence is a bummer.

It's almost always in the set, so I'm happy they've changed it up. And do yourself a favor and listen to more Immolation!

valgalder
10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
http://preemtiv.com/widgets/immolation/

EP is out for download... it's... really good!

OraclesofAgony
10-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Fuck yeah, Close to a World Below!

Father, You're Not a Father is my favorite Immolation song but I saw them play it at Scon Rock Fest so I don't mind it being out of the set this time.

GarageMetal468
10-06-2011, 05:04 PM
http://preemtiv.com/widgets/immolation/

EP is out for download... it's... really good!

From the moment it was announced I think everyone saw this coming! I'll be checking it out this weekend.

Fuck yeah, Close to a World Below!

Father, You're Not a Father is my favorite Immolation song but I saw them play it at Scon Rock Fest so I don't mind it being out of the set this time.

Yeah they played it when they headlined last year as well, this is a killer set regardless. Yeah I will be hitting up the Chicago date for sure now!

Jochen
10-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Although last year's setlist was better, imo, this is still good. I'll definitely try to see this in Chicago.

valgalder
10-06-2011, 05:46 PM
also, i don't think they've played Under the Supreme in a loooong time..

Immolation1985
10-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Nice! I didn't know Immolation ever played Close to a World Below live!!

OraclesofAgony
10-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Nice! I didn't know Immolation ever played Close to a World Below live!!

Really looking forward to seeing that song live. And the new EP material will crush live too.

girnny777
10-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Same setlist in New York last night. God, what a fucking killer show. I've seen Immolation 6 times and each time they were incredible.

valgalder
10-12-2011, 09:27 AM
how was the turnout? Rochester sucked, and nobody was there (didn't bother doing encore)... I went to Buffalo and it was surprisingly good (Same setlist) . They said they were hitting up a lot of smaller towns this tour as it was put together quick because they were supposed to go right to Europe, but that got postponed slightly.

Grabbed the new EP, Enslaved, and Wormrot EPs as well that were free as well as the fake DIY zine that Scion has that I find hilarious.

Immolation rules.

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20111009/IMG_1070.JPG

treghet
10-12-2011, 08:16 PM
I really hope they still have EPs by next week.

daimonos
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
O_O

They didn't have The Sleeping Gods at the Cro Mags show. What the fuck!

girnny777
10-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Turnout in NYC wasn't bad considering it was on a Monday night. There were probably around 250 people there. I was lucky, when I got to the merch booth they only had one copy of the Enslaved EP left. I snagged that fucker right away.

valgalder
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
O_O

They didn't have The Sleeping Gods at the Cro Mags show. What the fuck!

that's ok.. they didn't have the Sleeping Gods EP at the ENSLAVED show a couple weeks back.. but Immolation had them! haha.. oh well, glad I got one..

daimonos
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
that's ok.. they didn't have the Sleeping Gods EP at the ENSLAVED show a couple weeks back.. but Immolation had them! haha.. oh well, glad I got one..

Yeah they didn't have it at our Enslaved show, either. I would love to have a physical copy of that.

OraclesofAgony
10-13-2011, 10:24 PM
I really hope they still have EPs by next week.

Definitely. I really want a physical copy.