PDA

View Full Version : Terror -- Garden Grove, CA -- October 4th, 2011

treghet
10-05-2011, 03:06 PM
In late 2007 I saw Terror play with Chimaira, Kataklysm, and Divine Heresy, which was definitely an odd tour for them to be on. The turnout that night was terrible and the crowd was non-responsive throughout the sets of all the bands, even Chimaira, who was headlining. I wasn't into hardcore at the time, so I didn't enjoy Terror all that much. Since then my music tastes have slowly evolved; now, nearly four years later, I have become a fan of them. So, when vegantopher (thank you!) posted that they were playing at a house two blocks from mine, I had to be there.

After having a quick dinner at Carl's Jr. I headed over to the show. When I got to the house Alpha & Omega was already playing and the living room was full. Once they finished up I was able to get in and I waited for the next band, Downpresser. It was incredibly hot in there and I was sweating before they even started playing. At the opening notes of the first song the room went off. Sometime during their set someone jumped off the staircase, completely breaking off the railing. Apparently there was also a fight in the pit, but I didn't notice. Although I have no idea what they played, the band sounded great and the vocalist had a great "floor presence", going around and screaming in people's faces.

Terror was supposed to be next, but another band, Piece by Piece, got added to the show. Before their set a guy came up and told everybody to stay off the rafters, which was a bit disappointing to hear. Of course, the pit was still just as intense, if not more than during Downpresser. They only played for about five or ten minutes, but they sounded good.

Now the room began to pack in for Terror; it was so hot that the mirror in the corner was all fogged up, but once they started playing the heat didn't even matter. There was an endless amount of crowdsurfing and people were killing each other in the pit. After a couple songs, just as JD predicted, Scott pointed to the rafters and said something along the lines of "These are cool. More people need to jump off these." Insanity ensued, with people jumping off both rafters into every corner of the room. One person landed directly on my shoulder, which sent a painful vibration throughout my body, but that didn't stop me. A little later in the set Scott asked what the crowd wanted to hear and one guy was screaming for "Better Off Without You" over and over, so they played it. For the next few songs I stayed around the edge of the pit and witnessed a huge guy grab someone and punch him in the face multiple times before being separated. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same guy that started a fight earlier. Then, during "Keep Your Mouth Shut" the mic went out and the band continued playing with the crowd shouting the lyrics. I climbed onto one of the rafters and watched as people surrounded Scott, screaming "I don't care what you think of me / I don't hear what you say / You never had it, you never will / Keep your mouth shut and worry about yourself". Then Scott tried to yell over the noise of the crowd, saying this would be their last song. They proceeded to close the set with the hardcore anthem "Keepers of the Faith". When the chorus came in I jumped down from the rafter onto the crowd to scream along. It was only moments later that the show was abruptly over. It was an experience to say the least.

Stick Tight
Push It Away
Overcome
Out of My Face
One with the Underdogs
You're Caught
Better off without You
Hell and Back
Spit My Rage
Always the Hard Way
Keep Your Mouth Shut
Keepers of the Faith

larvtard
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
Besides the asshole randomly punching a guy in the face part, this makes me want to see Terror so bad :drool:

mankvill
10-05-2011, 03:32 PM
YOU'RE FUCKIN CAUGHT

SO GIVE IT UP

elturtleboy
10-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I wanted to see trash talk there. Couldn't get a ride :(. But for a hxc show...that's a perfect line up!

christopher
10-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm glad you made it and posted a review! I wanted to go, but I had too much homework to do last night.

hellawaits77ny
10-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Besides the asshole randomly punching a guy in the face part, this makes me want to see Terror so bad :drool:

Same thing happened to me during Terror at NEMHF! Jaw hurt for about 4 days afterwards. Hence why I prefer to film nowadays, instead of moshing.

treghet;

That was a great lineup. LOL I was moshing to Terror at the wonderful Higher Ground in Burlington, VT (oh man I hate that place) and my buddies were told we were being "too violent" in the pits by security. My response was, "We're just throwing hockey checks, what about all the ohter dudes windmilling and kicking? [my buddie got a black eye from some jackass doing that]". The bouncer says "well, that's how we dance in Vermont." Hahaha what a fuckin joke. Very cool review, that's awesome that you jumped from the rafters. Shit like that is why everyone should experience a Terror show before they die :rocker:

hellawaits77ny
10-05-2011, 08:24 PM
YOU'RE FUCKIN CAUGHT

SO GIVE IT UP

Fuck yeah :rocker:

larvtard
10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Same thing happened to me during Terror at NEMHF! Jaw hurt for about 4 days afterwards. Hence why I prefer to film nowadays, instead of moshing.

treghet;

That was a great lineup. LOL I was moshing to Terror at the wonderful Higher Ground in Burlington, VT (oh man I hate that place) and my buddies were told we were being "too violent" in the pits by security. My response was, "We're just throwing hockey checks, what about all the ohter dudes windmilling and kicking? [my buddie got a black eye from some jackass doing that]". The bouncer says "well, that's how we dance in Vermont." Hahaha what a fuckin joke. Very cool review, that's awesome that you jumped from the rafters. Shit like that is why everyone should experience a Terror show before they die :rocker:

I want to see Terror in Burlington :bouville:

But not at Higher Ground...that would be a horrible venue for a hardcore show.

jd091
10-05-2011, 08:59 PM
STEPPED ON SINCE DAY 1
TAUGHT TO ACCEPT DEFEAT
EXPECTATIONS OF OUR FAILURE
ALWAYS TOLD I WAS NOTHING

:boxer:

jd091
10-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Then, during "Keep Your Mouth Shut" the mic went out and the band continued playing with the crowd shouting the lyrics. I climbed onto one of the rafters and watched as people surrounded Scott, screaming "I don't care what you think of me / I don't hear what you say / You never had it, you never will / Keep your mouth shut and worry about yourself".

God, that would have been fucking incredible to experience. That's probably the most powerful verse ever written.

And yeah, I would have totally jumped from those rafters! :lol: God, I love Vogel. What a man. :lovedup: Hopefully there's some sweet videos on youtube of this show!

Pretty close set of what I saw of them earlier this year. No Lowest of the Low, though! :( That sucks. I wonder if they'll switch anything up for the God Damn tour? Life and Death, Not This Time, or Don't Need Your Help would be sick to see. The thing is, they're too perfect of a band. I don't know what songs I'd wanna sacrifice to see those others put in.

hellawaits77ny
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I want to see Terror in Burlington :bouville:

But not at Higher Ground...that would be a horrible venue for a hardcore show.

It's a horrible venue for all shows. But where else in Burlington could they play?

Dude I'm not sure what your class schedule is like, but if you can swing it, come over to this side of the pond for Terror's show 11/28 in Montreal. I can pick you up at the Ferry and yoy can catch a ride w/ my buddies and I. We'll probably grab a hotel and hit some bars after.

treghet
10-05-2011, 09:45 PM
God, that would have been fucking incredible to experience. That's probably the most powerful verse ever written.

And yeah, I would have totally jumped from those rafters! :lol: God, I love Vogel. What a man. :lovedup: Hopefully there's some sweet videos on youtube of this show!

Pretty close set of what I saw of them earlier this year. No Lowest of the Low, though! :( That sucks. I wonder if they'll switch anything up for the God Damn tour? Life and Death, Not This Time, or Don't Need Your Help would be sick to see. The thing is, they're too perfect of a band. I don't know what songs I'd wanna sacrifice to see those others put in.

Yeah it was pretty awesome. I don't know if there will be any videos, but there was a guy taking photos with a DSLR, so if I come across those I'll post them in this thread.

And after seeing this show I really want to see them on the upcoming tour. They're playing at Chain Reaction, so I will probably end up going. :cool:

dcmetal108
10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I want to wear my Terror shirt now and must go see them in Nov.