PDA

View Full Version : Sabaton -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- October 3rd, 2011

Northern_Shaman
10-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Will review later - far too tired right now.

The Absence (from their paper setlist):

Maelstrom
Dead
Deepest
War
Riders
Grave

Sabaton (from memory):

Ghost Division
Uprising
Saboteurs
Screaming Eagles
Coat of Arms
Primo Victoria
Metal Ripper

Might be missing one, but I think that's all. Sabaton were phenomenal. Before anyone asks, yes I stayed for Evergrey - just not too familiar with their material. They were alright - very underwhelming after Sabaton, though.

Maiden33
10-04-2011, 02:06 AM
yes I stayed for Evergrey - just not too familiar with their material. They were alright - very underwhelming after Sabaton, though.

:mad:

bigguytoo9
10-04-2011, 03:08 AM
A friend of mine was at this and got a Guitar Pick and some Starburst from Powerglove.

ChildrenofSodom
10-04-2011, 04:40 AM
:mad:

:tp:

OP - Sucks you didn't get 40 to 1.

Maiden33
10-04-2011, 09:35 AM
:tp:

OP - Sucks you didn't get 40 to 1.

Why the roll-eyes? If you disagree, whatever, it's not like what I posted was ridiculous.
I still am not ready to join in the blowjob-fest for Sabaton. They're good, and they're really fun live. But come on. I'm notorious for always getting crap for listening to mediocre traditional/power metal, and they're one of those bands I barely listen to because they're kinda boring to me.

Also, people need to stop treating Powerglove like a real band, nevertheless a "famous" one.

tenchimyo
10-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Also, people need to stop treating Powerglove like a real band, nevertheless a "famous" one.

I don't get this- they do rearrangements of existing work and play it live and tour. I don't know if I am mistaken in thinking that is what bands do. Perhaps similar to a cover band I would agree.

Maiden33
10-04-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't get this- they do rearrangements of existing work and play it live and tour. I don't know if I am mistaken in thinking that is what bands do. Perhaps similar to a cover band I would agree.

The nail, you hit it on the head.

Wraith27
10-04-2011, 12:50 PM
video game soundtrack arrangements + speed metal = WIN

Powerglove:

X-Men
So Sexy Robotnik
Metal Kombat for the Moral Man
Batman
Pokemon
Mario Minor

tenchimyo
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
The nail, you hit it on the head.

OK, well yeah I can see that. I still think there is some level of skill in making arrangements of the original work (done in midi, classical, or what have you).

But when I think cover band I think of bands with little originality (Maiden project, disciples of sabbath/dio, etc.)

metaleloi666
10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
video game soundtrack arrangements + speed metal = WIN

Not for me. I saw them twice last year (opening for Hammerfall first, and then later in the year opening for Firewind). Both times, I thought they just sucked.

I see that they have fans, but they do NOTHING for me, and they seem to be the opening band on every tour....

tenchimyo
10-05-2011, 08:17 AM
I see that they have fans, but they do NOTHING for me, and they seem to be the opening band on every tour....

That's perfectly fine, I don't think everyone should like every band.

just arrive later to avoid them? :3