PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Crionics
10-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Part V!

(I'll have the decency to not make the very first post about my panties being in a bunch *wink*)

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
This wont do, it has to be a sticky thread.

mankvill
10-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty sure mods can make it a sticky, right? If not, my apologies for this thread.

Yeah, Eric'll come sticky it soon.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I guess they can, I just saw that Dethmaiden made the "Now Watching" thread.

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 04:23 PM
First page will be bunched-panties free. :dance:

Dextrimental
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Almost finished packing stuff away for moving, so many memories popped up while going through everything!!

Epidemic Reign
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Too bad I don't have any 'wahh I'm socially awkward' stories today, because that would be such a typical way to start off the new thread :lol:

edit: but I'll think of one just to spite you, razor ;)

DO NOT TAINT THE PAGE ONE

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Too bad I don't have any 'wahh I'm socially awkward' stories today, because that would be such a typical way to start off the new thread :lol:

edit: but I'll think of one just to spite you, razor ;)

:lol: Go ahead.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Just filling the page so Logan doesn't ruin it.

EDIT: Nevermind

Crionics
10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
JRA's "Now Playing" thread has to be stickied a well. Alright, to my story!

(Warning: Panties in a bunch)
Alright so that female friend of mine that stopped talking to me all of a sudden texted me last night about homework, and I thought that "Eh I'll just leave it to that since that is probably all she wants". However, she kept on asking me open ended question and eventually made it obvious that she just kinda wanted to talk, so we texted for a little over an hour before I decided to take a walk with my mom. Then today, she came up to me in class and started talking to me and I felt "Huh, I guess things are getting back to normal between us again". Well, within less than a minute of that thought, I found out from someone else that came up to her that she was dating her ex again.

So I kinda have mixed feelings, I'm really glad that we are talking again, but kinda down that their back together again. I know I'm trying to forget about her, but I kinda feel like "Well, this is oddly familiar, I'm back to where I was 4 months ago". I don't really know how to feel, and I don't get why she is dating him again. I even heard her say to the other person "Stop talking about it, I'm already getting enough shit for dating him again". Ah High School, sorry guys, just had to let it out.
/pantiesinabunch

Crionics
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
hahahahahahaha U GUISE SEE WHAT WE DID THAR

:hug:

*High five*

powerslave_85
10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
A coincidence that I clicked on this thread right after browsing through this meme: http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2011/09/meme-watch-friend-zoned-phil-is-in-familiar-territory/#page/1

:lol:

masterguy49
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
No one has said first..... so FIRST.

Epidemic Reign
10-03-2011, 05:08 PM
No one has said first..... so FIRST.

Well-played, sir.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 05:21 PM

I have to admit that was clever.

Crionics
10-03-2011, 05:23 PM
So, does anyone have anything to say about my little rant? :eyes: I didn't type all that up just for it to be a page one killer haha.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 05:27 PM
So, does anyone have anything to say about my little rant? :eyes: I didn't type all that up just for it to be a page one killer haha.

Sorry bit that was a very typical "panties in a bunch" story. Leave it to the pros (http://www.metalsetlists.com/member.php?u=2547).

Epidemic Reign
10-03-2011, 05:31 PM

HO. LY. SHIT.

genius.

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 05:38 PM

We're awesome. :party:

ShatteredFlame
10-03-2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IND6z-KB4_o&feature=player_embedded

what the hell Portishead + Chuck D

That doesn't even look good, just completely random.

Crionics
10-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Sorry bit that was a very typical "panties in a bunch" story. Leave it to the pros (http://www.metalsetlists.com/member.php?u=2547).

Thanks man :lol::bouville:

GarageMetal468
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Managerial Accounting is going to be the death of me this semester...

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 06:53 PM
:lol::lol: Oh donny.

Never call me this. Ever.

powerslave_85
10-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Shut the fuck up, Donny.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2011, 07:44 PM
This girl i'm friends with wants me to get her into new music. I asked her what she's looking for and she said she likes everything but country . I should send her Anaal Nathrakh.

treghet
10-03-2011, 08:48 PM
This girl i'm friends with wants me to get her into new music. I asked her what she's looking for and she said she likes everything but country . I should send her Anaal Nathrakh.

Do ittttttt

slapguitarer
10-03-2011, 08:58 PM
So, I love BTBAM and Protest the Hero, yet I hate most of the Prog/Tech-core bands that they(mainly BTBAM) inspiried and shit. Bands like Veil of Maya, The Faceless, After the Burial, Last Chance to Reason, The Human Abstract, Rings of Saturn etc. I think they suck or are medicre at best. Hell, even Periphery and Animals as Leaders are getting boring and bland. You'd think that I'd like all of these bands based off of the fact that I'm practically gay for BTBAM, but nope. I dislike most of 'em. Is that weird?

treghet
10-03-2011, 08:58 PM
(I have a feeling I'm not very qualified to give advice on girls...)

Good thing you said it before someone else did. :tongue:

illuminatus917
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
I've gotten chicks in my car and blasted Triptykon and Immortal. The expressions on their faces are so priceless.

To the non-metal listener, listening to Goetia at a high volume is a borderline psychologically traumatic experience.

treghet
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Probably not, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be funny. :D

treghet
10-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Of all bands, why must The Black Dahlia Murder have the coolest shirts... :bouville:

http://www.backstreetmerch.com/images/products/bands/clothing/bla/bsi_bla20.gif

jd091
10-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Of all bands, why must The Black Dahlia Murder have the coolest shirts... :bouville:

BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING AWESOME, THAT'S WHY. :hmm:

Oh, and:

First page will be bunched-panties free. :dance:

Question for you all pertaining to this. When are you officially "going out" with a girl? :eyes:

treghet
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Question for you all pertaining to this. When are you officially "going out" with a girl? :hmm:

Obviously depends on the type of girl. Sometimes they want you to ask them, other times they will just go ahead and change their relationship status on FB. :lol:

jd091
10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Obviously depends on the type of girl. Sometimes they want you to ask them, other times they will just go ahead and change their relationship status on FB. :lol:

Oh shoot, for some reason I did :hmm: instead of :eyes:, so it appears that I'm pissed. :lol: Far from the truth! I was just throwin' that out there. For no reason... :tp: :eyes:

jd091
10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I KNOW THE REASON

;) Let's just say it's inevitable, I'm just wondering when it's gonna be offish. :cool:

ShatteredFlame
10-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Just got my first day of work study at the Quinnipiac Polling Institute done. 97 calls were made by me, not one survey was completed by the recipients. :lol:

jd091
10-03-2011, 09:45 PM
So, I love BTBAM and Protest the Hero, yet I hate most of the Prog/Tech-core bands that they(mainly BTBAM) inspiried and shit. Bands like Veil of Maya, The Faceless, After the Burial, Last Chance to Reason, The Human Abstract, Rings of Saturn etc. I think they suck or are medicre at best. Hell, even Periphery and Animals as Leaders are getting boring and bland. You'd think that I'd like all of these bands based off of the fact that I'm practically gay for BTBAM, but nope. I dislike most of 'em. Is that weird?

All those bands you listed except for RoS are fucking incredible. That is weird, you are weird, and your brain is weird.

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Question for you all pertaining to this. When are you officially "going out" with a girl? :eyes:

Well, did you actually ask her out?

Akumu
10-03-2011, 11:25 PM
;) Let's just say it's inevitable, I'm just wondering when it's gonna be offish. :cool:

If you're unsure, you could always just ask her? :eyes:

jd091
10-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Darn. I'm looking at my workload ahead of me, and there's no way I can go to Arch Enemy tomorrow AND finish all this shit for classes. Guess I'll just have to pass this one up. :(

ravenheart
10-04-2011, 02:52 AM

When all of the appropriate paperwork has been duly processed.

mastodon421
10-04-2011, 04:15 AM

That really doesn't make any sense, especially The Human Abstract and Last Chance To Reason. I would say those bands are the two closest to BTBAM out of those listed.

Dextrimental
10-04-2011, 04:31 AM

I think that's down to the bands song-writing. All those bands have a different approach to song-writing to Btbam, so despite them all being technical, the song-writing is obviously disagreeing with you.

That being said, someone calling Animals As Leaders and Periphery boring is new to me!

mastodon421
10-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Bailing water of my basement. Gotta love insane rain coming down for 4 straight hours...

dcmetal108
10-04-2011, 02:00 PM
First day off of work in a week. Then tomorrow starts 6 days in a row when I work long hours at night,

Indestructible
10-04-2011, 06:30 PM
This is a college radio station in Buffalo. It plays bands like Opeth, Kamelot and Anathema. http://www.buffalostate.edu/wbny/webradio/

mankvill
10-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Anyone like the band Hull from Brooklyn? they toured a few years ago with batillus. Been talking with them about getting a show here, looks like they're doing a US tour in November.

BloodoftheKings
10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
This is a college radio station in Buffalo. It plays bands like Opeth, Kamelot and Anathema. http://www.buffalostate.edu/wbny/webradio/

I bet it has very few listeners, no body in Buffalo has heard of any of those bands.

masterguy49
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Recently, it feels like school has less to do with intelligence and knowledge of the subject in class, but your ability to put time into your homework assignments

ShatteredFlame
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Anyone like the band Hull from Brooklyn? they toured a few years ago with batillus. Been talking with them about getting a show here, looks like they're doing a US tour in November.

Any show in NYC that is sludge/doom related has them.

BloodoftheKings
10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Recently, it feels like school has less to do with intelligence and knowledge of the subject in class, but your ability to put time into your homework assignments

In my experience intelligence and knowledge never had anything to do with getting good grades. It's all about doing assignments on time and memorizing the shit you need to know for test/quizzes. I know some really stupid people who are in AP classes.

masterguy49
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
In my experience intelligence and knowledge never had anything to do with getting good grades. It's all about doing assignments on time and memorizing the shit you need to know for test/quizzes. I know some really stupid people who are in AP classes.

It's not even that. Like I do good on all my tests, I talk the most in my classes, and I do good on quizzes. But it seems like some classwork or homework assignment ends up fucking me over.

makethemsuffer12
10-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Got my second interview with Best Buy on Thursday. Hopefully they hire my broke ass.

daimonos
10-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Trying my goddamned hardest to make a Top 10 for Clutch. It's basically the hardest task ever, if I'm not mistaken...

evildeadjedi
10-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Trying my goddamned hardest to make a Top 10 for Clutch. It's basically the hardest task ever, if I'm not mistaken...

Hell even a top 50 of Clutch is a tough task. A top ten is impossible! :eek:

daimonos
10-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Hell even a top 50 of Clutch is a tough task. A top ten is impossible! :eek:

I actually made a Top 50, just to make the top 10 easier, working on a top 20 as we speak.

TonyD
10-05-2011, 01:43 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a ton of band/music cruises all of the sudden?

mastodon421
10-05-2011, 05:06 AM

Bingo.

Epidemic Reign
10-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a ton of band/music cruises all of the sudden?

Yep, they're popping up all over. I'd love to get on that 70k Tons of Metal cruise if it comes around a third time. I used to dream of going to Wacken, but this sounds like much more fun to me.

xStructualDefect
10-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Listening to some power metal. I was in love with this genre when I was 14/15 back in 2006. Funny story how I got into harsh vocals. Back then I would primarily listen to power metal and then I heard Children of Bodom. While I loved their music, I couldn't stand their vocals. I kept listening to them and not long after harsh vocals had finally grown on me. So if it wasn't for them I don't know where I'd be.

Anyway the bands I still listen to this day are Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica (first 4 albums), Nightwish (some people calim them to be power metal) Blind Guardian, and some DragonForce. Those bands always stood out to me in the power metal genre. A big factor of that may be because I caught all 5 of them on their 2006 fall tours (except Sonata which was June 2007, NW in Nov 2007) which was the prime of my power metal interest peak. I eventually grew out of most power metal some time in 2007 and started listening to a lot of melodic death metal.

So now I'm listening to some bands I would listen to back then (Edguy, Gamma Ray, Dragonland, Angra, Kamelot, Cellador, Black Majesty, Firewind, Hammerfall, etc). And while I still do think it's cool it doesn't spark my interest and leaving me hungry for more power metal like it used to. I think I grew out of it because it got repeitive and cheesy to me. Also because it was turning me into an elitist asshole. I would think bands with harsh vocals are shit because it requires no talent like power metal vocals do, and that other bands can't compare because they can't play/shred their guitars and keyboards like most power metal bands play. I would also think my friends music tastes are shit and would think to myself how superior my tastes are because I listened to power metal. Lame I know but I was young and stupid. I tried to branch onto progressive metal soon after growing out of power metal because it seemed like a more interesting genre. But the only band that ever stood out to me was Symphony X, who has remained one of my favorite bands. I like some Dream Theater too but definitely not as much as Symphony X.

tl;dr

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess I just had a lot to type because it's been a nostalgic experience listening to a lot of power metal this morning. Has anyone ever listened to power metal back then but grew out of it like I have? I have a few friends who also listened to it back when I did a lot but they all grew out like I did all with similar reasons to why I did. Now thinking about it I think most people on this board can't stand power metal except Maiden33 :lol:

ravenheart
10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
So now I'm listening to some bands I would listen to back then (Edguy, Gamma Ray, Dragonland, Angra, Kamelot, Cellador, Black Majesty, Firewind, Hammerfall, etc). And while I still do think it's cool it doesn't spark my interest and leaving me hungry for more power metal like it used to. I think I grew out of it because it got repeitive and cheesy to me. Also because it was turning me into an elitist asshole. I would think bands with harsh vocals are shit because it requires no talent like power metal vocals do, and that other bands can't compare because they can't play/shred their guitars and keyboards like most power metal bands play.

Absolutely 100% the same for me.

ravenheart
10-05-2011, 08:20 AM

There have been for years over there. It's just that metal fans didn't pay attention until 70,000 Tons started. Over here there are two or three, but none are as big as that.

IrritatedTrout
10-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I used to be really, really into Power Metal when I was like 17 and 18. I listened to it all the time and those bands were some of my favorite bands ever. Flash forward 3 or 4 years and now I really have no interest in the genre. I find that hearing an average Power Metal song on youtube or something is pretty fun but within like 3 minutes I've had enough of the genre to satisfy me for like a week. By now I've sold most of my Power Metal CDs and deleted most of my MP3's. The only Power Metal albums I own anymore are:

Blind Guardian - Live, A Night at the Opera, Nightfall in Middle-Earth, Imaginations From the Other Side, A Twist in the Myth
Iced Earth - Framing Armageddon, The Crucible of Man, Horror Show
Helloween - Gambling with the Devil
Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Kamelot - The Black Halo, Epica, Karma, Ghost Opera, One Cold Winter's Night

Plus a handful of MP3's from Edguy and Gamma Ray.

xStructualDefect
10-05-2011, 09:07 AM
I used to be really, really into Power Metal when I was like 17 and 18. I listened to it all the time and those bands were some of my favorite bands ever. Flash forward 3 or 4 years and now I really have no interest in the genre. I find that hearing an average Power Metal song on youtube or something is pretty fun but within like 3 minutes I've had enough of the genre to satisfy me for like a week. By now I've sold most of my Power Metal CDs and deleted most of my MP3's.

Besides the age difference, this pretty much applies to me 100%.

Besides the 4 power metal bands I previous stated I still listen to on occasion, I can't find myself listening to the genre like I used to. After a few songs each from bands like Hammerfall, Edguy, Powerquest, etc I got bored fast. Although after listening to Gammy Ray for the first time in awhile they stuck out to me a lot. I could see myself listening to them again.

Indestructible
10-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Agreed. From my experience school doesn't teach you anything that you can learn from and use in life once you leave. All they do is tell you stuff you need to know for an exam at the end of the year and after that exam you can forget everything you were told. Most of the things I'm told in school I feel I wont use when I get out.

Dextrimental
10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Agreed. From my experience school doesn't teach you anything that you can learn from and use in life once you leave. All they do is tell you stuff you need to know for an exam at the end of the year and after that exam you can forget everything you were told. Most of the things I'm told in school I feel I wont use when I get out.

You could use the word jail instead of school throughout this paragraph and it would still make mild sense, mostly because its ended with the term 'when I get out'.

mastodon421
10-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Power Metal is the only subgenre of metal that I don't like a single band from. It's way too cheesy and same-sounding for me to get into.

GarageMetal468
10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I've actually been on a huge power/speed metal binge lately. I've been listening to a lot of Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Running Wild, and Kamelot. It's probably just a small phase which I usually have with some other music (last one was grindcore) but I'm just loving it right now.

Epidemic Reign
10-05-2011, 12:28 PM
A couple of years ago, however, I realized that school is just in place to teach us how to use our brain in different ways so later in life we have the necessary perspectives to attack problems. If that makes sense at all.

This, exactly. And to help you develop social/communication skills, so that you can deal with people when you get out into the world.

jd091
10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Power Metal is the only subgenre of metal that I don't like a single band from. It's way too cheesy and same-sounding for me to get into.

Same for me. Not that I think it's bad per se, just not my style.

Epidemic Reign
10-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Finally the goddamned weather is starting to chill the fuck out. It's getting to that time of year where Arizona isn't such a bad place to live.

DethMaiden
10-05-2011, 02:11 PM
You "no power metal is good" guys haven't heard Blind Guardian.

ChildrenofSodom
10-05-2011, 02:22 PM

On the other hand....

NP:
Legion
No Sacrifice, No Victory
Hammerfall

JRA
10-05-2011, 02:32 PM

or Gamma Ray
or old Iced Earth

Epidemic Reign
10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Or Angel Dust :fist:

IrritatedTrout
10-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I also used to be one of those kids who always complained about why we needed to know this or that if we're not gonna need it in later life. A couple of years ago, however, I realized that school is just in place to teach us how to use our brain in different ways so later in life we have the necessary perspectives to attack problems. If that makes sense at all. I'm not too good at articulating my thoughts, I've found.

I believe what you're getting at is that it teaches you how to think critically.

GarageMetal468
10-05-2011, 02:38 PM
or Gamma Ray
or old Iced Earth

or Manowar

;)

masterguy49
10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes, I understand school helps you think critically and communication skills. But it's hard to get into my desired University if I do bad in my classes cause I do bad on pointless classwork/homework.

Epidemic Reign
10-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, I understand school helps you think critically and communication skills. But it's hard to get into my desired University if I do bad in my classes cause I do bad on pointless classwork/homework.

You have to think of it as not being pointless and just do the best you can. Consider 'the point' to be getting yourself into your desired University.

mankvill
10-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Mastodon is performing tonight on David Letterman

Epidemic Reign
10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Just found out Steve Jobs died today.

Thanks for the iPod Steve! RIP

MPF
10-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Just found out Steve Jobs died today.

Thanks for the iPod Steve! RIP

Yahoo Fail I just captured:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/296631_10150843511660459_629590458_20984845_171992 5117_n.jpg

Epidemic Reign
10-05-2011, 05:14 PM
:lol: oops.

GarageMetal468
10-05-2011, 05:16 PM
:(

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

SomewhereInTime72
10-05-2011, 05:41 PM
unemployment is high enough nowadays, it really sucks that we had to go and lose more jobs now

BloodoftheKings
10-05-2011, 07:39 PM
South Park needs to stop being so depressing.

MPF
10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Next year is going to be amazing. I can finally not have to live with my brother anymore. Who got into a fight with his girlfriend, and destroyed ALL of my recent concert memorabilia in a rage. Autographs, sticks, setlists, etc....all gone.

OraclesofAgony
10-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Next year is going to be amazing. I can finally not have to live with my brother anymore. Who got into a fight with his girlfriend, and destroyed ALL of my recent concert memorabilia in a rage. Autographs, sticks, setlists, etc....all gone.

Holy fuck, if he were my brother I'd probably destroy him in a fit of rage for that. That sucks man.

Div
10-05-2011, 10:53 PM

I dunno man, it gives you a good foundation to understand more advanced concepts later on. While not everything they teach is directly important to making paychecks, and while some of it is flat out wrong, it can help make you well rounded enough to not give people the impression that you're a mongoloid. Don't get too deep into rejecting society, you're going to need society later in life when your parents won't support you anymore.

christopher
10-05-2011, 10:55 PM

he should be castrated.

treghet
10-05-2011, 10:59 PM

Wow, that's fucked up.

MPF
10-05-2011, 11:37 PM
he should be castrated.

Holy fuck, if he were my brother I'd probably destroy him in a fit of rage for that. That sucks man.

Wow, that's fucked up.

The sad part is he's 25. We live together, but he spends almost eery night at his girlfriend's house, so the place is mine 99% of the time.

I had my stuff laying out because I was getting poster frames to put everything in, and I come home, he's gone, and I see my setlists in shreds, and sticks broken, and all the other shit that was broken that wasn't memorabilia. Mainly garbage thrown everywhere.

Luckily all the stuff I already had in my room was untouched, it was all stuff I had by my computer. But regardless it fucking sucks, and there isn't dick I can do about it.

Luckily it didn't happen after Devin Townsend this Saturday. If my soon to be signed booklet of Terria (my favorite album) got destroyed I'd feel like I'm dead.

christopher
10-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Hmm I need some advice. I bought floor tickets to see Circa Survive on Friday in Pomona at the Fox Theater for me and my lady friend. We then made plans to go camping in the Sequoia National Forest this weekend, so I told one of my friends he could but the tickets off of me, but ended up in a big fight at some point a few weeks ago and I cancelled the trip and spent my gas money to go see the Goddamn Gallows last week. Well I fixed things with my friend and we want to go to the show now cause the tickets are still in my possession. Would it be a completely fucked up move to tell my friend that I want to use the tickets since I haven't given them to him? The show is sold out and they're one of his favorite bands. I can see someone using the bros before hoes argument, but that seriously wouldn't apply to this situation. I'm going with her to Blink 182 on Saturday, but I think two nights of fun would kick ass haha.

MPF
10-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Hmm I need some advice. I bought floor tickets to see Circa Survive on Friday in Pomona at the Fox Theater for me and my lady friend. We then made plans to go camping in the Sequoia National Forest this weekend, so I told one of my friends he could but the tickets off of me, but ended up in a big fight at some point a few weeks ago and I cancelled the trip and spent my gas money to go see the Goddamn Gallows last week. Well I fixed things with my friend and we want to go to the show now cause the tickets are still in my possession. Would it be a completely fucked up move to tell my friend that I want to use the tickets since I haven't given them to him? The show is sold out and they're one of his favorite bands. I can see someone using the bros before hoes argument, but that seriously wouldn't apply to this situation. I'm going with her to Blink 182 on Saturday, but I think two nights of fun would kick ass haha.

Damn that is a tough call.

To me, I would talk to her first and see how she feels. and if you can't get a reading from her, talk to your friend and take things from there. Just do the best you can to keep both sides from being pissed.

christopher
10-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Damn that is a tough call.

To me, I would talk to her first and see how she feels. and if you can't get a reading from her, talk to your friend and take things from there. Just do the best you can to keep both sides from being pissed.

She's kind of mad at me for handing away the tickets so fast cause she really wanted to go cause it's one of her favorite bands, but not hating me over it cause they'll be back and we're going to Blink 182 the next night. I figured we'd be out of town for the show so it was no biggie. I can tell she wants to go, but she knows I don't know what to do, so she's doing the usual women games and saying "oh just give it to your friend then, I don't care anymore" bs. I have the weekend off and want to go cause I actually enjoy the new cd, but she'll hate me for going without her haha

MPF
10-05-2011, 11:52 PM
She's kind of mad at me for handing away the tickets so fast cause she really wanted to go cause it's one of her favorite bands, but not hating me over it cause they'll be back and we're going to Blink 182 the next night. I figured we'd be out of town for the show so it was no biggie. I can tell she wants to go, but she knows I don't know what to do, so she's doing the usual women games and saying "oh just give it to your friend then, I don't care anymore" bs. I have the weekend off and want to go cause I actually enjoy the new cd, but she'll hate me for going without her haha

Women....men just never stand a chance. :D

Well it depends then on how pissed your friend will be. If it costs you your newly fixed friendship, that would totally suck.

christopher
10-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Women....men just never stand a chance. :D

Well it depends then on how pissed your friend will be. If it costs you your newly fixed friendship, that would totally suck.

hahaha seriously. I figured I'd wait until Friday to see if my friend hit me up or not about it. I've been off and on friends for 4 years now. I've been extremely close to this girl since April so who knows how it will go. I know it will be a great weekend no matter what. Thanks man.

MPF
10-05-2011, 11:59 PM
hahaha seriously. I figured I'd wait until Friday to see if my friend hit me up or not about it. I've been off and on friends for 4 years now. I've been extremely close to this girl since April so who knows how it will go. I know it will be a great weekend no matter what. Thanks man.

Not a problem man.

I just went through this almost exact situation.

Bill Hudson is subbing for Nightrage on the upcoming Firewind tour, and gave me a spot plus 1 on the guest list. And I immediately invited my old singer from my old band, Shattered. last week. I made a new lady friend and asked her to go with me completely forgetting about my old singer.

So I talked to my singer first and luckily he was very cool with it, since he might have school when the show is going on. But everyone and everything is in good terms and I'm working on making this girl more then just a lady friend. This show might work. :D

Epidemic Reign
10-06-2011, 12:15 AM

Hoes before bros, dude. That's my advice. Especially if you're courting this chick.

MPF
10-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Hoes before bros, dude. That's my advice. Especially if you're courting this chick.

The Dude: She's not my girlfriend, she's my fucking lady friend, man!

MPF
10-06-2011, 12:31 AM
In speaking of women:

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/canofworms.png

Epidemic Reign
10-06-2011, 12:43 AM
The Dude: She's not my girlfriend, she's my fucking lady friend, man!

You gotta start somewhere, right?

Epidemic Reign
10-06-2011, 12:43 AM
In speaking of women:

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/canofworms.png

:lol: Awesome.

MPF
10-06-2011, 01:11 AM
You gotta start somewhere, right?

*The Big Lebowski reference*

:lol: Awesome.

TonyD
10-06-2011, 01:20 AM
I really don't get people who act like being angry is an excuse to break shit.

Epidemic Reign
10-06-2011, 01:20 AM
*The Big Lebowski reference*

Haha yeah, I caught that. But you made a valid point, too. He didn't really clarify that he's dating the girl. But he did say AND I QUOTE

I've been extremely close to this girl since April

...so I say GO GET THE GIRL SON. ;)

OraclesofAgony
10-06-2011, 01:23 AM

They learned from Limp Bizkit (Yeah, that's a Break Stuff reference, I was in the 5th Grade once).

MPF
10-06-2011, 01:24 AM

I don't get it It's a shitty excuse, but I'd love for you or anyone to tell him that. He's a 25 year old baby with anger issues who gets pissed off the second things don't go his way. Rather then being rational and talking things out, he insults people and breaks shit.

But since he is such a piece of shit, and talking to him about it will get me nowhere, I'm just cutting my losses.

Haha yeah, I caught that. But you made a valid point, too. He didn't really clarify that he's dating the girl. But he did say AND I QUOTE

...so I say GO GET THE GIRL SON. ;)

Aww, that makes more sense now, haha.

They learned from Limp Bizkit (Yeah, that's a Break Stuff reference, I was in the 5th Grade once).

He loves Limp Bizkit and Country, so that explains everything. :lol:

Epidemic Reign
10-06-2011, 01:26 AM

As long as you're breaking your own shit it's ok. Breaking someone else's shit is completely unacceptable.

I've gotten seriously pissed and broken very expensive shit, but I've always managed to keep enough of a level head to not fuck with someone else's property.

MPF
10-06-2011, 01:30 AM
As long as you're breaking your own shit it's ok. Breaking someone else's shit is completely unacceptable.

I've gotten seriously pissed and broken very expensive shit, but I've always managed to keep enough of a level head to not fuck with someone else's property.

Another example a couple weeks ago. All because he was fighting with his girlfriend outside, he busted a windshield cleaner can through my back window. Luckily I was able to find a cheap window for 75 bucks to replace it. To those asking why I didn't get him to pay for it....it never would have happened unless I did it.

but back to the women discussion:

http://i.imgur.com/9vkZi.png

brutal_descent
10-06-2011, 01:51 AM

brb dying :lol::lol::lol:

jd091
10-06-2011, 10:34 AM

thank god the girls I've been with are never like this. :lol:

GarageMetal468
10-06-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4lIOdGj4xFo#!

WHY

:wallbang:

dcmetal108
10-06-2011, 03:28 PM

WHY

WHAT IS THIS! :eek::mad::mad:

makethemsuffer12
10-06-2011, 05:55 PM
So I'm pretty sure I got the job at Best Buy. I have to take a piss test and have a background check and all that shit, but after that I'm good to go.

RAZOR
10-06-2011, 06:36 PM

LAWL. :lol:

GarageMetal468
10-06-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiCHXYJJrHY

What in the hell....

ShatteredFlame
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Method Man - World Gone Sour (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw7uhVtpI5I&feature=player_embedded)

so...Method Man made a song about Sour Patch Kids... I'd like to say it's bad but honestly if I listened to the song without seeing the video I probably wouldn't have questioned it at all cause the song isn't anything offensive (besides the use of the word "poop" instead of "shit" but hopefully that would just be the radio edit)

mankvill
10-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Opef was Sooo good

MPF
10-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Opef was Sooo good

How about Catatanya?

jd091
10-06-2011, 10:49 PM

WHY

:lol: I'll give it all up to Machine Keene. Got some balls there. I'll give it up to any guy who just wants to have fun. Can your really blame him? As long as he keeps putting out fucking perfect records, I think it's great he can fuck around like this for fun.

And that song sucks pretty hard, by the way. :lol:

jd091
10-06-2011, 11:05 PM
oh, and I gots a new lady friend! :shred:

christopher
10-06-2011, 11:15 PM

:party: Get at it!!:dance:

MPF
10-06-2011, 11:36 PM

Christian Bale: Oh GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD for YOUUUUU!

Actually yes, get on that! :rocker:

jd091
10-06-2011, 11:40 PM
:dance:

Oh, and this pic pretty much describes me perfectly:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsnmagP8Uq1qzvssfo1_500.jpg

MPF
10-06-2011, 11:41 PM
:dance:

Oh, and this pic pretty much describes me perfectly:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsnmagP8Uq1qzvssfo1_500.jpg

You will be single if you try that in front of her.

jd091
10-06-2011, 11:53 PM
You will be single if you try that in front of her.

DISRESPECT UR SURROUNDINGS BRAH

MPF
10-07-2011, 12:04 AM
DISRESPECT UR SURROUNDINGS BRAH

Do what now?

jd091
10-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Do what now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_c1xWmv2JE

you're moshing

MPF
10-07-2011, 12:21 AM

you're moshing

You made me shut off the new Blotted Science for this?

I am disappoint!

jd091
10-07-2011, 12:30 AM
You made me shut off the new Blotted Science for this?

I am disappoint!

but y u no like

OraclesofAgony
10-07-2011, 12:34 AM

you're moshing

Saw it was jd who posted this......

Knew I shouldn't have clicked it.....

Didn't listen to myself......

Fuck

jd091
10-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Saw it was jd who posted this......

Knew I shouldn't have clicked it.....

Didn't listen to myself......

Fuck

but its so good! :nag:

;)

MPF
10-07-2011, 12:48 AM
but its so good! :nag:

;)

THis is A Day To Remember....

...That shitty music still exists.

jd091
10-07-2011, 12:57 AM
THis is A Day To Remember....

...That shitty music still exists.

but they're so good!

MPF
10-07-2011, 01:04 AM
but they're so good!

You say that with an Alcest Avatar.

If Neige wasn't such a peaceful, cool guy, he'd kick your ass for that comment. :tongue:

Nah, you got a lady friend now, and you're bound to get laid if you listen to it, so kudos.

jd091
10-07-2011, 01:37 AM
Nah, you got a lady friend now, and you're bound to get laid if you listen to it, so kudos.

She'll think the screams are groce! :eek: Definitely not a 17 year old girl with a scene boner. I'll stick with contemporary pop, thank you. :cool:

treghet
10-07-2011, 01:43 AM
She'll think the screams are groce! :eek: Definitely not a 17 year old girl with a scene boner. I'll stick with contemporary pop, thank you. :cool:

CA-LI-FORNIA GURLS ARE UNFORGETTABLE

ShatteredFlame
10-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Jive records is no more.

Good.

MPF
10-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm sitting here at home while Opeth/Katatonia are playing roughly an hour away from me.

But at least I get to see fucking Devin Townsend's tour opener tomorrow!

ravenheart
10-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm sitting here at home while Opeth/Katatonia are playing roughly an hour away from me.

Why would you do such a thing?

MPF
10-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Why would you do such a thing?

5 concerts in 3 weeks being the biggest reason. I couldn't afford another $30 ticket and $40 in gas.

ravenheart
10-07-2011, 04:54 PM
5 concerts in 3 weeks being the biggest reason. I couldn't afford another $30 ticket and $40 in gas.

Sorry state of affairs all round then. Especially as you clearly chose the wrong one to drop.

MPF
10-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Sorry state of affairs all round then. Especially as you clearly chose the wrong one to drop.

IT depends on how you look at it,

Evergrey is one of my favorite bands of all time and I saw them for the first and most likely last time.

I met my new Lady friend at Cage.

I met and hung out with Enslaved, Alcest and Junis. and saw Junius lose to Alcest in a Hockey Foosball game during Enslaved's set.

I'm going to actually be able to hang out with Devin Townsend tomorrow and see him for his first headlining show in Minnesota. I met him last time opening for Children Of Bodom but this I get to legitimately hang out with him, and of course RVP (His Drummer.)

And I'm taking my new lady friend to see Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage for free thanks to Bill Hudson.

I've seen Opeth twice already (once for Ghost Revereies, Once for Progressive Nation 2008), but I'm missing Katatonia, who just finished up their set now)

So in the end. I didn't miss too much. besides Opeth for the 3rd time and missing Katatonia for the 2nd time in a row.

christopher
10-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I just booked my hotel room for tomorrow for the Blink 182 show! It's only 5 miles from the show, so my lady friend and I can get very fucked up and not have to worry about going too far to get to sleep :D

MPF
10-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I just booked my hotel room for tomorrow for the Blink 182 show! It's only 5 miles from the show, so my lady friend and I can get very fucked up and not have to worry about going too far to get to sleep :D

Sounds like bed will still be rockin' after the show.

;)

ChildrenofSodom
10-07-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm feeling very poetic, and the reason is best expressed in a simple verse: I am like a kite.

:D :D :D

Burzum is awesome, I'm way too interested in the split timeline theory of Legend of Zelda chronology, I am very pissed at a friend-of-a-friend for getting upset with me when I had questions after his version of this timeline explanation, and I'm posting not-funny jokes as my facebook status, knowing full well they won't make sense in the morning and that they only make sense right now because of inside jokes that were only recently created while in my current state. I'm very thirsty, also.

TonyD
10-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Sounds like bed will still be rockin' after the show.

;)

First thing to pop in my head, 0:14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4jBZIvJkM4)

MPF
10-08-2011, 12:32 AM
First thing to pop in my head, 0:14 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4jBZIvJkM4)

I love Sunny.....SO MUCH!!!

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm drunk :eyes:

:D

ravenheart
10-08-2011, 01:31 AM

You booked a hotel five miles from a show? :lol:

If I book a hotel for a show it's five fucking yards away :lol:

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 01:39 AM
You booked a hotel five miles from a show? :lol:

If I book a hotel for a show it's five fucking yards away :lol:

Seriously. But five miles isn't bad in terms of cab cost, if that's the route he's taking. Cab costs are ridiculous here in the US.

OraclesofAgony
10-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Boozin and blastin some Hate Eternal.

xStructualDefect
10-08-2011, 06:12 AM
So I think I'm gonna join my friend's band as lead vocalist. They play metalcore/melodic death metal in the vein of Darkest Hour, Miss May I, As I Lay Dying. They've had a written a few songs for awhile already but a few covers they plan on keeping in their set (for fun for now to play at backyard gigs) are As Blood Runs Black's "In Dying Days,", At The Gates' "Slaughter of the Soul," A Day To Remember's "Mr. Highway's Thinking About The End, and they've been working on As I Lay Dying's "Through Struggle."

I'm pretty stoked about this. It's mainly for fun but they also take it seriously especially the lead guitarist who writes a lot of the bands stuff. I've always wanted to be a lead vocalist for a metal band, but this was back in high school when I was 15 and knew no one else who listened to metal like I did. Nowadays I have my circle of friends that I hang out with all the time whose music interest differ very much from mine, then I have my group of friends who listen to metal like I do and go to shows with. We pretty much always talk metal whenever we hang out and go to shows since we all have the same music tastes and views on music.

They told me how they planned on letting go of their singer because of musical differences and views. Their main influences are All Shall Perish, As Blood Runs Black, At The Gates, Unearth, etc and the singer doesn't listen to those bands. Instead his main influences are Bring Me The Horizon, We Came As Romans, Asking Alexandria, etc and he wanted a sound similar to them so yeah it wasn't working out. Not just that but his views on things were very different. So I told them I was interested and they told me they'd definitely want me as their singer. I never really started practicing until recently when they told me all of that, but I've been practicing more lately and they wanna give me vocal lessons. They really want me as their vocalist and I'm also very interested in this so only time will what will happen.

inb4 cool story bro

jd091
10-08-2011, 10:48 AM
A Day To Remember's "Mr. Highway's Thinking About The End

:lovedup:

dcmetal108
10-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I use to be lead singer of a metal band but now that I'm in the city I can't find a single person to start a band with!!!!

daimonos
10-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I use to be lead singer of a metal band but now that I'm in the city I can't find a single person to start a band with!!!!

<--------------- This guy.

Depending on what kind of band you want to start, that is.

christopher
10-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I had a lot of fun at the Circa Survive show last night. I am so hungover right now :hecho: Time to get ready for Blink 182 tonight

dcmetal108
10-08-2011, 12:39 PM
<--------------- This guy.

Depending on what kind of band you want to start, that is.

The band I was in covered all kinds of metal. I've done Whitechapel covers, ADTR covers, Black Dahlia Murder covers. It was almost a metalcore band. Tough to figure a genre to describe how it was. Up to you though.

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Their main influences are All Shall Perish, As Blood Runs Black, At The Gates, Unearth, etc

One of these things is not like the others ;)

jd091
10-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Cro Mags = by far the most violent show I've ever seen. Holy. Living. Fuck. Will post a review later.

mankvill
10-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Only a few more hours until I see my most played song on Last.FM performed live! :D

JRA
10-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Only a few more hours until I see my most played song on Last.FM performed live! :D

You gonna put the latest black metal history entry up first?

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Ya 4 srs.

mankvill
10-08-2011, 06:01 PM

I will do dat now!

slapguitarer
10-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Went to go check out some colleges today. USF and SFSU. I prefered USF.

BloodoftheKings
10-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I need to get better at making plans. Second weekend in a row of doing absolutely nothing. At least I have monday off :bliss:.

GarageMetal468
10-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Cro Mags = by far the most violent show I've ever seen. Holy. Living. Fuck. Will post a review later.

Oh yeah. There was blood all around the venue outside dripping from people, fucking intense. Still a fun as hell time. Apparently they're doing a secret show at midnight at the Cobra Lounge as well.

Also, I saw this guy hardcore dance for the first band. I don't know him anymore.

;)

jd091
10-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Also, I saw this guy hardcore dance for the first band. I don't know him anymore.

;)

ya, fuck that douche wearing the Trapped Under Ice shirt. I wanted to punch him. :tp:

daimonos
10-08-2011, 09:20 PM

;)

This.

I figured it needed to be said again.

jd091
10-08-2011, 09:21 PM
This.

I figured it needed to be said again.

seriously, that guy was so annoying!

jd091
10-08-2011, 09:22 PM
OK FUCK IT I'M PROUD I SLAMMED TO A HARDCORE BAND LIVE! DEAL WITH IT!

:nag: ;)

GarageMetal468
10-08-2011, 10:02 PM
omg i feel likek shit i have the worst fucking headache in my life... i've thrown up five times tonight, one of them on mtyself, i also peed myself

NEVER mix beer with vodka...I only had like three shots of vodka and two and a half beers, really not tht much to be honest, but i feel so fucked up. i nearly passed out on a couch

arghhhhh

Better idea, never post on a forum, drunk, that you pissed your pants. Actually, never say you pissed your pants, EVER!

treghet
10-08-2011, 10:03 PM
omg i feel likek shit i have the worst fucking headache in my life... i've thrown up five times tonight, one of them on mtyself, i also peed myself

NEVER mix beer with vodka...I only had like three shots of vodka and two and a half beers, really not tht much to be honest, but i feel so fucked up. i nearly passed out on a couch

arghhhhh

Best post ever. :lol:

Maiden33
10-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Alright, I officially am pretty much drunk for the first time ever. I have a really, really high alcohol tolerance at takes a lot to do it, but tonight it finally happened. My band played our first show out since I turned 21 and needless to say I was bought quite a few drinks, in addition to the two I paid for myself. And the only reason this is perfectly typed is because I am still anal-retentive enough to correct it, despite the fact that posting this took me over 5 minutes.

illuminatus917
10-08-2011, 10:05 PM

arghhhhh

Highly entertaining post.

GarageMetal468
10-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Best post ever. :lol:

yeah i told one of my fienrs that and he said don't tell anyone that. man it was like, i really needed to pee and i was lie why the fuck not??? rihgjt????

also a coupele of giorls helped me home and i mean it was pretty obviopus i peed my pants...fuck....

Oh guess again!

daimonos
10-08-2011, 10:09 PM
NEVER mix beer with vodka...

For some reason I feel like you're not qualified to give me advice about alcohol. Mainly because you pissed yourself and threw up five times tonight.

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 10:11 PM
I only had like three shots of vodka and two and a half beers, really not tht much to be honest, but i feel so fucked up.

MAN UP

I have a really, really high alcohol tolerance

MAN DOWN

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
For some reason I feel like you're not qualified to give me advice about alcohol. Mainly because you pissed yourself and threw up five times tonight.

daimonos
10-08-2011, 10:17 PM
so you're saying you SHOYKD mix beer with vodkA???? HUH its that what yourse saying smmyt wammy good boy????

(that;s whart i call by dog)

I mean, if you wanna have a good time and get as drunk as possible, mix anything and everything that you can get your hands on. :allan:

ChildrenofSodom
10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
It smells really sticky outside my dorm room. :lol:

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 10:32 PM
It smells really sticky outside my dorm room. :lol:

Watch where you step, logan's puking all over the place.

Epidemic Reign
10-08-2011, 10:39 PM
i don't go to his school islly billy

I know, I just kinda figured you might not remember where all you've been tonight ;)

ChildrenofSodom
10-08-2011, 10:49 PM
I was as baked as a cake last night, if you guys couldn't tell. :eyes: Loved it. :D

BloodoftheKings
10-09-2011, 12:25 AM
yeah i told one of my fienrs that and he said don't tell anyone that. man it was like, i really needed to pee and i was lie why the fuck not??? rihgjt????

also a coupele of giorls helped me home and i mean it was pretty obviopus i peed my pants...fuck....

so you're saying you SHOYKD mix beer with vodkA???? HUH its that what yourse saying smmyt wammy good boy????

(that;s whart i call by dog)

someon1 comment lol

i don't go to his school islly billy

I know your drunk but you no longer have the right to make fun of my grammar.

Epidemic Reign
10-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I know your drunk but you no longer have the right to make fun of my grammar.

*you're

Sorry :D

jd091
10-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Ho-lee shit, I go over to my friends apartment to play some Left for Dead for a couple hours, I come back, and all hell has broke loose.

Bravo, sir.

jd091
10-09-2011, 12:49 AM
*you're

Sorry :D

Was about to say this. :D

Alright, I officially am pretty much drunk for the first time ever. I have a really, really high alcohol tolerance at takes a lot to do it, but tonight it finally happened. My band played our first show out since I turned 21 and needless to say I was bought quite a few drinks, in addition to the two I paid for myself. And the only reason this is perfectly typed is because I am still anal-retentive enough to correct it, despite the fact that posting this took me over 5 minutes.

THIS post deserves some respect. Bravo, sir. I appreciate every second you took to create a wonderfully literate masterpiece of a post. ;)

:lol: This, totally. Even though you're younger than me, I feel like you are much more wise and learned when it comes to alcohol. It's just this weird vibe.

But in the end, NOBODY IS A BETTER AUTHORITY ON ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND THEIR CONSUMPTION THAN THE ONE AND ONLY VEGANTOPHER! :rocker:

ravenheart
10-09-2011, 03:10 AM
What the hell is going on?

Epidemic Reign
10-09-2011, 03:23 AM
What the hell is going on?

Ben/logan was massively trashed and puking/pissing on everything. :D Cue mass hysteria.

OraclesofAgony
10-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Had a great time at Decapitated/Decrepit Birth/Fleshgod Apocalypse tonight, and looking forward to doing it all over again on Monday. Sucks we missed The Hyporcisy for Fleshgod, but I'll see it on Monday. Finally had a good experience with alcohol at a show too. The last two times I had waay too much, this time I had just enough.

Epidemic Reign
10-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Had a great time at Decapitated/Decrepit Birth/Fleshgod Apocalypse tonight, and looking forward to doing it all over again on Monday. Sucks we missed The Hyporcisy for Fleshgod, but I'll see it on Monday. Finally had a good experience with alcohol at a show too. The last two times I had waay too much, this time I had just enough.

Haven't been sober at a show since I got my sideways driver's license :D You'll master it over time.

Akumu
10-09-2011, 04:32 AM

Re-posting just 'cause I appreciate the contrast.

powerslave_85
10-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Ben: Hold your fuckin' liquor :hmm:

Jeff: Well done, sir.

powerslave_85
10-09-2011, 07:32 AM
I've mixed beer and hard liquor many times and never pissed my pants :lol:

DethMaiden
10-09-2011, 07:37 AM
I've mixed beer and hard liquor many times and never pissed my pants :lol:

Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ben is really pathetic. ;)

GarageMetal468
10-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Hey, it was my second time drunk, so STFU :finger: And it wasn't an "oops I peed my pants, I'm not in control," it was a "I need to pee, and I don't know where a bathroom is, so I'm gonna do it right here." So you see, I didn't pee my pants because I had lost control over my own body, it was because I was so drunk that peeing in my pants didn't seem like a totally bad idea.

Peeing your pants is ALWAYS a bad idea. Hell you could've pissed in the corner and that would be less embarrassing. Especially if you looked like you didn't give a fuck doing it.

mastodon421
10-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Ben you're a lightweight ;) Second time I got drunk, I drank 6 shots of Jager and had 3 beers afterwards. I second what powerslave said, I have mixed the two quite a few times and never pissed myself or puked on myself:lol:

GarageMetal468
10-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Anyway, changing the topic away from urinating one's self and drinky drinky time...

I get to go to a baptism today! :bouville:

Damn family events, at least I actually know the person that's getting baptized and the people doing the baptizing (my aunt and uncle). But the plan for the reception is to devour as much food as possible (A LOT) and go to hang out with people nearby after.

makethemsuffer12
10-09-2011, 09:18 AM
:lol: Poor Logan.

jd091
10-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Anyway, changing the topic away from urinating one's self and drinky drinky time...

No. This is too funny.

Like what was said before, you probably could have gotten away pissing in a corner, or just going off a porch an pissing outside. People might have thought it funny, even. :lol: And yeah, throwing up THAT much from that little alcohol means you're a light weight, my friend. It's the honest truth, and you're not gonna be able to change it. So accept the fact and make better drinking decisions next time.

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2011, 10:57 AM
The beer before liquor, never sicker thing is just referring to the fact that once you're drunk from the beer, you can't control yourself and drink way too much liquor. Its a volume/ABV issue, not the fact that you're mixing two different kinds of beverages.

Don't drink so much (of either) and you won't get sick.

DethMaiden
10-09-2011, 11:32 AM
The beer before liquor, never sicker thing is just referring to the fact that once you're drunk from the beer, you can't control yourself and drink way too much liquor. Its a volume/ABV issue, not the fact that you're mixing two different kinds of beverages.

Don't drink so much (of either) and you won't get sick.

Alternatively, sack the fuck up. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
10-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Alternatively, sack the fuck up. ;)

Shall we revisit some of your past experiences with alcohol? ;)

OUR GODDESS GAVE BIRTH TO YOUR GOD!

DethMaiden
10-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Shall we revisit some of your past experiences with alcohol? ;)

OUR GODDESS GAVE BIRTH TO YOUR GOD!

:lol: Yeah, if that's his second time getting drunk I can forgive it. Pissing your pants and posting about it on the Internet is a bit much, but yeah, I had my share of bad experiences. Thankfully they were all in high school.

The great thing about being borderline alcoholic is it's very hard to get sick! :eyes:

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Just to echo whats been previously said, Ben, man the fuck up!

Currently doing some research for my blog, fun way to spend a quiet Sunday evening!

daimonos
10-09-2011, 12:22 PM
The great thing about being borderline alcoholic is it's very hard to get sick! :eyes:

This. All the way. And once you do get sick, you shake it off and keep on slammin' em!

daimonos
10-09-2011, 12:30 PM
...annnndddd my roommates are finally starting to piss me the fuck off.

Maiden33
10-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I apologize promptly for returning this thread to it's "Let's complain about our relationships" roots, but I'm currently going through something pretty interesting that I'm honestly really looking for input on. I'm gonna be honest, not expecting a lot, because there's not a whole lot to give. This is just a really tricky situation. I apologize in advance for how long this is.

As many of you know, I have been in a pretty successful relationship for the the past year and 3 months. Overall things have been very good, things have even been really great, and overall, I have been happy. But nevertheless, I can't quite shake the overwhelming feeling that the spark has started to fade, our best times are behind us, and that we're on a collision course for an eventual end - whether it be a month or 6 months from now. Who knows, people ride out played-out relationships for even years sometimes. Things are not on a downward spiral so much as things are just reaching the point where I can't really just keep dealing with all the things that have made me upset over the past year. I can't take the petty arguments, and constantly feeling like I'm wrong, and I'm the asshole. With the spark fading, I'm just sort of at a crossroads where I'm starting to feel like maybe the good times aren't quite worth the bad times anymore. I also had a realization recently that for the first time in our relationship, when faced with the thought of breaking up, I wasn't overwhelmed with sadness and fear, and that sort of scares me.

Nevertheless, the plot thickens.

I've had a female friend that I've known for about 4 years now, and the truth is, she's been one of my best friends. I've known her much longer than my girlfriend. She really gets me. In fact, she gets everything about me that I feel my girlfriend doesn't. We can talk for hours and hours and enjoy every minute of eachother's company. Truth is, I've always had a crush on this girl, and thought that her and I would probably make a good couple (and others have even said this to me in the past). The thing is, I used to think that was just my personal desperation taking over my emotions - much like teenage guys who think every attractive girl who's nice to them is like their soulmate. I had never been in a real relationship, and I always figured that me wanting that so badly was clouding my judgment. However, after all this time the feeling hasn't faded, which gives me a pretty good indication that it's not. I've been sitting on this for a long time without ever saying anything to her, but lately I've just been unable to hold back. So last night, since the conversation was kind of heading there anyway, I pretty much dropped the bomb.

The problem? Much to my surprise, what I expected to happen did not. The real reason I waited for so long was because I was afraid I would freak her out and it would ruin our friendship. But in reality what happened was that she basically told me that she had felt the same way for a long time, and would honestly be really interested in giving an "us" a shot - but it's just a tricky situation because her and my girlfriend are very good friends, and she doesn't want to be seen as a man-stealing bitch or anything. So where this leaves me is having a shot at a great new start with a girl I've always been interested in, but sadly have no way of knowing if there's any true sexual spark or compatibility (or long-term relationship potential) with her... or staying with my girlfriend - largely out of the happiness I still feel, but also because of my complete and utter fear and uncertainty of how good or bad I may actually have it now, and the fear that despite our flaws, I'm throwing away a really good relationship.

Oh, and the topper? My female friend is an ex-girlfriend of one of my best friends.

JRA
10-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh, and the topper? My female friend is an ex-girlfriend of one of my best friends.

and the cock thickens....

I apologize promptly for returning this thread to it's "Let's complain about our relationships" roots,

I thought it had already done that when I saw "sack the fuck up" on the top of the page, but then I went to examine the hoopla and it was all about pissing your pants while drunk. Something that even a lightweight like me had never ever done.

and then I left to go grocery shopping.

By the way I left a special message that only you would understand on page 17 of the Now Playing thread and you never responded to it. Party pooper. :(

daimonos
10-09-2011, 01:55 PM
IT WAS MY CHOICE

If it was your choice then you're fucking stupid. I'd have more respect for someone who did it by accident

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I apologize promptly for returning this thread to it's "Let's complain about our relationships" roots, but I'm currently going through something pretty interesting that I'm honestly really looking for input on. I'm gonna be honest, not expecting a lot, because there's not a whole lot to give. This is just a really tricky situation. I apologize in advance for how long this is.

As many of you know, I have been in a pretty successful relationship for the the past year and 3 months. Overall things have been very good, things have even been really great, and overall, I have been happy. But nevertheless, I can't quite shake the overwhelming feeling that the spark has started to fade, our best times are behind us, and that we're on a collision course for an eventual end - whether it be a month or 6 months from now. Who knows, people ride out played-out relationships for even years sometimes. Things are not on a downward spiral so much as things are just reaching the point where I can't really just keep dealing with all the things that have made me upset over the past year. I can't take the petty arguments, and constantly feeling like I'm wrong, and I'm the asshole. With the spark fading, I'm just sort of at a crossroads where I'm starting to feel like maybe the good times aren't quite worth the bad times anymore. I also had a realization recently that for the first time in our relationship, when faced with the thought of breaking up, I wasn't overwhelmed with sadness and fear, and that sort of scares me.

I've had a female friend that I've known for about 4 years now, and the truth is, she's been one of my best friends. I've known her much longer than my girlfriend. She really gets me. In fact, she gets everything about me that I feel my girlfriend doesn't. We can talk for hours and hours and enjoy every minute of eachother's company. Truth is, I've always had a crush on this girl, and thought that her and I would probably make a good couple (and others have even said this to me in the past). The thing is, I used to think that was just my personal desperation taking over my emotions - much like teenage guys who think every attractive girl who's nice to them is like their soulmate. I had never been in a real relationship, and I always figured that me wanting that so badly was clouding my judgment. However, after all this time the feeling hasn't faded, which gives me a pretty good indication that it's not. I've been sitting on this for a long time without ever saying anything to her, but lately I've just been unable to hold back. So last night, since the conversation was kind of heading there anyway, I pretty much dropped the bomb.

The problem? Much to my surprise, what I expected to happen did not. The real reason I waited for so long was because I was afraid I would freak her out and it would ruin our friendship. But in reality what happened was that she basically told me that she had felt the same way for a long time, and would honestly be really interested in giving an "us" a shot - but it's just a tricky situation because her and my girlfriend are very good friends, and she doesn't want to be seen as a man-stealing bitch or anything. So where this leaves me is having a shot at a great new start with a girl I've always been interested in, but sadly have no way of knowing if there's any true sexual spark or compatibility (or long-term relationship potential) with her... or staying with my girlfriend - largely out of the happiness I still feel, but also because of my complete and utter fear and uncertainty of how good or bad I may actually have it now, and the fear that despite our flaws, I'm throwing away a really good relationship.

That's certainly a tough one dude, but I think you already know the answer to this. Your relationship right now is going good, but if you're looking at another girl as genuinely as you are with your female friend, and she feels the same, then you want this to happen with the other girl. It comes down to piece of mind, and with things the way they are now, you will be left with a rather large 'what if.....?' if you and this female friend don't happen.

I say go for it with the female friend, but take it slow. You have a year and 3 months with this other girl, it was amazing, and you owe it to her not to be an asshole, but this other girl, well, I'd hazard a guess you want her more, and one way or the other, that will probably kill your relationship with it being on your terms or not.

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 02:09 PM
IT WAS MY CHOICE

You pointed out to this entire board you got wayyyy too drunk and pissed yourself, and then pointed out how you CHOSE to do it. There is no point in defending yourself against this, it was monumentally stupid thing to do and an even stupider thing to point out to us. Take the slagging on the chin and move on.

xStructualDefect
10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
you will be left with a rather large 'what if.....?' if you and this female friend don't happen.

I say go for it with the female friend, but take it slow.

Definitely this. I have many what ifs already because I was stupid and too afraid to at least initiate wanting to be more than friends with my very good female friends whom I've had huge crushes on.

Also because I always found that the whole "guy is very good friends with an attractive female friend but never initiates he wants to wants to be more than friends because he is to shy to tell her how he feels and/or doesn't want to ruin their friendship" cliche to be more real and meant to be in my opinion. Those couples always seem so much more happier when they were already best friends or very good friends to begin with. And from what I've seen from many people those relationships always work out, or at least for a very good while.

JRA
10-09-2011, 02:34 PM
In my imaginary lala fantasy land, I always thought that if my woman wishes to leave me for another man on terms such as this, she owes it to me to find me another woman. At least hook me up on a blind date with someone she'd think I might enjoy in her place.

JRA
10-09-2011, 02:37 PM
IT WAS MY CHOICE

Didn't your dad ever tell you to just whip it out outdoors in a secluded location? I've peed outdoors on IU campus when I really had to go about 6 times since I've been here. Both drunk and sober. Hell one time I peed in an alleyway!

christopher
10-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the props JD :D

Yeah Logan, don't get too excited about pissing yourself or you might do it again;) I haven't thrown up from partying too hard in a few years. I learned my lesson. I learned to stop smoking weed after I was too fucked up. I can do it early on and be fine, but if I smoke weed after I'm drunk, then my throat will dry up too much and I'll get sick. I never threw up from taking shots after I had beer, but then again, until recently, I was never too big on drinking beer. I used to always have my Four Loko(RIP caffeine) with me wherever I went and would take a few shots while drinking it. How much food did you eat yesterday? That's always a factor to how much tolerance you will have to alcohol. If you go Gandhi it before a party, then you're bound to get drunk real fast. Also, depending on what type of beer you drink, you won't want to take shots after. A lot of people have a weak stomach when it comes to taking shots. If you have a wheat or a dark beer, then your stomach is going to fill up and won't want to accept the shot so easily. It would be like eating a big plate of spaghetti, then lining up some shots. Not a smart idea. I actually don't like to take shots that often. They're really annoying to take haha. I just pour my Jameson or Sailor Jerry on the rocks and sip on it cause I really enjoy how they taste.

Epidemic Reign
10-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I just pour my Jameson or Sailor Jerry on the rocks and sip on it cause I really enjoy how they taste.

You, sir, have exquisite taste :fist:

Epidemic Reign
10-09-2011, 03:15 PM
That's certainly a tough one dude, but I think you already know the answer to this. Your relationship right now is going good, but if you're looking at another girl as genuinely as you are with your female friend, and she feels the same, then you want this to happen with the other girl. It comes down to piece of mind, and with things the way they are now, you will be left with a rather large 'what if.....?' if you and this female friend don't happen.

I say go for it with the female friend, but take it slow. You have a year and 3 months with this other girl, it was amazing, and you owe it to her not to be an asshole, but this other girl, well, I'd hazard a guess you want her more, and one way or the other, that will probably kill your relationship with it being on your terms or not.

Absolutely this. No matter how much time and effort you've put into your current relationship, you have every right to persue another if you truly think you will be happier. Besides, if the spark is gone or fading from your current relationship, the end is probably coming anyway. The sooner you give your girlfriend a chance to move on, the less you'll be hurting her in the long run.

IrritatedTrout
10-09-2011, 03:30 PM
You said she was an ex of a close friend. What does that mean exactly? They dated for years and had a soul crushing breakup? They dated for a week a decade ago? I think we need more details on that part of the story to make a more accurate call. Wouldn't want to a) dump your girlfriend b) find out this new relationship doesn't work and c) piss off and isolate yourself from a close male friend.

Epidemic Reign
10-09-2011, 03:40 PM
You said she was an ex of a close friend. What does that mean exactly? They dated for years and had a soul crushing breakup? They dated for a week a decade ago? I think we need more details on that part of the story to make a more accurate call. Wouldn't want to a) dump your girlfriend b) find out this new relationship doesn't work and c) piss off and isolate yourself from a close male friend.

IMO the male friend doesn't have any right to be pissed off, and that is absolutely 100% regardless of what the circumstances of that relationship were.

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 03:44 PM
How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

None.

Apparently while also being socially inept, you could do with a toilet training and general drinking etiquette class too.

Epidemic Reign
10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Actually I was hungry as fuck, if I remember correctly.

That right there pretty much cuts your alcohol tolerance in half at the very least.

christopher
10-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Actually I was hungry as fuck, if I remember correctly. Though when I started drinking, I forgot about it. And the beer was Rolling Rock. I dunno what type of vodka it was, but someone said it was realllly shitty. It sure tasted bad to me, but I hate vodka in general.

Since it's apparent that now I can only drink beer or drink liquor to get drunk, one or the other, I think I'm gonna stick with shots most nights, to be honest... it's just that I hate beer. I hate liquor too, but it takes me 5-10 seconds for one shot as opposed to 10-15 minutes for one beer.

If you are hungry and have some drinks, the alcohol will make your hunger go away. Its the same way a cigarette does it. Its just bad to drink on an empty stomach cause that will lead to problems, like passing out and puking everywhere. Good thing you didn't shit your pants.

5 to 10 seconds for a shot? You're slow at taking them haha. They usually take a second or two. Why don't you just stick to making yourself a mixed drink and see how you feel? You could try red bull and vodka or rum, or coke and rum or whiskey.

jd091
10-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Take the slagging on the chin and move on.

Dude, you are SO European. :lol:

If you go Gandhi it before a party, then you're bound to get drunk real fast.

:lol: Holy shit, I am totally stealing that phrase from you!

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Dude, you are SO European. :lol:

That's definitely a British/Irish phrase more than anything, you won't generally hear it on the continent!

Maiden33
10-09-2011, 04:09 PM

They were together for quite a while (about two years), and have been broken up for over a year. My male friend is with someone else now. Also, I have known my male friend longer than any other current friends, we go back a long way. But nevertheless our friendship has been fading steadily over the past 2 years or so anyway.

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
@ Dextrimental: jeez man, I was kidding around, you don't need to be a dick

In all seriousness, just take care of yourself a bit more next time eh? Try a few more different drinks, vodka and beer is a rough combo at the best of times! Those of us who drink have all made a fool of ourselves, just gotta find the right booze for you!

powerslave_85
10-09-2011, 04:16 PM

I don't think it's as tough as you're making it out to be. I think the first and most important step is to sit down and talk to your GF about where the relationship is going and whether or not you're both on the same page. Chances are you guys can probably work through it if you want to, or maybe you'll decide to part ways amicably.

As for the other girl, put that on the backburner for now. Since her and your GF are buddies, you're treading on thin ice, and if you make the wrong move you're toast.

illuminatus917
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Didn't your dad ever tell you to just whip it out outdoors in a secluded location? I've peed outdoors on IU campus when I really had to go about 6 times since I've been here. Both drunk and sober. Hell one time I peed in an alleyway!

I've pissed and vomited drunk in a parking lot with a family watching. The mother tried to cover her daughter's eyes, and I didn't give a shit.

Wizzbang11
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Since it's apparent that now I can only drink beer or drink liquor to get drunk, one or the other, I think I'm gonna stick with shots most nights, to be honest... it's just that I hate beer. I hate liquor too, but it takes me 5-10 seconds for one shot as opposed to 10-15 minutes for one beer.

....so why drink?

xStructualDefect
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM
....so why drink?

Because people like to get drunk.

Wizzbang11
10-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Because people like to get drunk.

The man vomits 5 times and pisses his pants.

daimonos
10-09-2011, 05:04 PM
....so why drink?

Because getting drunk makes you cool ;)

OraclesofAgony
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
In all seriousness, just take care of yourself a bit more next time eh? Try a few more different drinks, vodka and beer is a rough combo at the best of times! Those of us who drink have all made a fool of ourselves, just gotta find the right booze for you!

I missed Vektor because of a vodka and beer combo.

daimonos
10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
I feel like this is a jab at me :confused: I ENJOY BEING ABLE TO TALK TO PEOPLE I WOULD OTHERWISE BE AFRAID TO TALK TO OKAY

Nah, it wasn't a jab at you, but now that I look at it, it pretty much could be :lol:

I was just being a sarcastic asshole, it's one of the few things I'm good at.

jd091
10-09-2011, 05:32 PM
That's definitely a British/Irish phrase more than anything, you won't generally hear it on the continent!

Last time I checked, the United Kingdom and Ireland were part of Europe... right?

Indestructible
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Who wants to give me Sludge, Stoner and Doom metal suggestions?:D

daimonos
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Weedeater, Church of Misery, St. Vitus, Eyehategod, Acid Bath, Sleep, Pentagram, Witchfinder General, Goatsnake, Reverend Bizarre, Kyuss, Acid King, Cathedral, Bongzilla...

just off the top of my head ;)

powerslave_85
10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Boris, Boris, and more Boris.

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Last time I checked, the United Kingdom and Ireland were part of Europe... right?

Yes, I was just pointing out what I said was very case specific to Ireland and the UK.

Indestructible
10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Weedeater, Church of Misery, St. Vitus, Eyehategod, Acid Bath, Sleep, Pentagram, Witchfinder General, Goatsnake, Reverend Bizarre, Kyuss, Acid King, Cathedral, Bongzilla...

Will do.

BloodoftheKings
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
I might be a little late on this one but I feel like I had to post this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpaHawFLUk

daimonos
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
daimonos is boring to talk to on facebook chat, I think I'm gonna stick to talking to him on this board for now on

I was studying, dammit.

And yeah, you can just stick to talking to me on here ;)

Indestructible
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM

Im checking out all of these. Im really like Doom,Stoner and Sludge right now so any other bands you can think of send them my way.

christopher
10-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Im checking out all of these. Im really like Doom,Stoner and Sludge right now so any other bands you can think of send them my way.

Attention Deficit Domination!!!

Maiden33
10-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Definitely this. I have many what ifs already because I was stupid and too afraid to at least initiate wanting to be more than friends with my very good female friends whom I've had huge crushes on.

Also because I always found that the whole "guy is very good friends with an attractive female friend but never initiates he wants to wants to be more than friends because he is to shy to tell her how he feels and/or doesn't want to ruin their friendship" cliche to be more real and meant to be in my opinion. Those couples always seem so much more happier when they were already best friends or very good friends to begin with. And from what I've seen from many people those relationships always work out, or at least for a very good while.

Absolutely this. No matter how much time and effort you've put into your current relationship, you have every right to persue another if you truly think you will be happier. Besides, if the spark is gone or fading from your current relationship, the end is probably coming anyway. The sooner you give your girlfriend a chance to move on, the less you'll be hurting her in the long run.

I don't think it's as tough as you're making it out to be. I think the first and most important step is to sit down and talk to your GF about where the relationship is going and whether or not you're both on the same page. Chances are you guys can probably work through it if you want to, or maybe you'll decide to part ways amicably.

As for the other girl, put that on the backburner for now. Since her and your GF are buddies, you're treading on thin ice, and if you make the wrong move you're toast.

Thanks to all of you guys for your thoughts. The female friend and I have been talking about it a little bit since, but our plans are to meet Tuesday night to go out to a late dinner or something and talk about everything and how we feel about it. So basically I have 2 days to just sort of think about how I feel and what I think the best decision is.

illuminatus917
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM

Electric Wizard, Giant Squid, SubRosa, Loss, Ordog.

EDIT: And check out KYPCK too. Awesome Russian doom. Ниже is one of the best doom albums of the year.

jd091
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
daimonos is boring to talk to on facebook chat, I think I'm gonna stick to talking to him on this board for now on

I was studying, dammit.

And yeah, you can just stick to talking to me on here ;)

why

See, Sam, this is why we disable facebook chat. We don't want those creepers annoying us. ;)