PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

GarageMetal468
11-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Got a Statistics exam tomorrow. Can't remember the last time I was so under-prepared for an exam :eyes:

I got a cumulative final for stats next Thursday... fun stuff. AND it's on the same day as my cumulative accounting exam! :hecho:

Seventhzealot
11-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I've got one Monday, and I'll be damned if I know anything about Multivariate Regression.

I'm as clueless.

I got a cumulative final for stats next Thursday... fun stuff. AND it's on the same day as my cumulative accounting exam! :hecho:

Mine isn't cumulative but I haven't looked at it for over a month so its still hebrew to me :eyes: Shit's crazy this time of the year man :(

GarageMetal468
11-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I mean the material itself isn't bad at all. Plus we get a sheet with all the formulas. But a lot of it is actually understanding the material thoroughly rather than just calculations. Then again I'm in what you could consider "beginner stats". Either way it's required for all business majors.

masterguy49
11-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Get ignored by a girl when trying to hang out with her.
Lose ride to Judas Priest.
Find out Skrillex is nominated for a grammy.

Could this day get any worse. :mad:

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Get ignored by a girl when trying to hang out with her.
Lose ride to Judas Priest.
Find out Skrillex is nominated for a grammy.

Could this day get any worse. :mad:

This day sucked for me to. A good friend of mine got hit by a car right outside the school and is badly injured. I would get mad at Skrillex being recognized as a good artist but the Grammies are a fucking joke anyway so it doesn't phase me.

masterguy49
11-30-2011, 08:37 PM
This day sucked for me to. A good friend of mine got hit by a car right outside the school and is badly injured. I would get mad at Skrillex being recognized as a good artist but the Grammies are a fucking joke anyway so it doesn't phase me.
That sucks man. Hope he does alright.

Yeah but now all the dubstepfags are gonna be like HURRDURR IF THAT METAL BAND IS BETTER THAN SKRILLEX WHY DON'T THEY GET NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY HURRRRRR.

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Yeah but now all the dubstepfags are gonna be like HURRDURR IF THAT METAL BAND IS BETTER THAN SKRILLEX WHY DON'T THEY GET NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY HURRRRRR.

I don't talk to dubstepfags so I shouldn't have to hear this. The Grammies are really nothing but a popularity contest.

masterguy49
11-30-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't talk to dubstepfags so I shouldn't have to hear this. The Grammies are really nothing but a popularity contest.

Unfortunately I live in South Florida. Dubstepfags everywhere.

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Unfortunately I live in South Florida. Dubstepfags everywhere.

Believe me, there's dubstepfags all over Long Island to. I just don't talk to them.

EDIT: This doesn't mean I don't talk to anyone who likes dubstep, just dubstepfags.

Seventhzealot
11-30-2011, 08:50 PM
I mean the material itself isn't bad at all. Plus we get a sheet with all the formulas. But a lot of it is actually understanding the material thoroughly rather than just calculations. Then again I'm in what you could consider "beginner stats". Either way it's required for all business majors.

I understand man. Even I have an open-book exam and well its an advanced grad-level course so I'll need all the luck I can get :eyes:

My course is more from the point of view of employing statistics in a basic communication system to detect and correct errors.

Seventhzealot
11-30-2011, 08:51 PM
A girl got sexually assaulted late last night ON campus. WTF :bouville:

christopher
12-01-2011, 12:57 AM
There is some intense ass wind in my area. I'm not excited to drive to school tomorrow cause my school is at the worst possible place for wind. It's at the bottom of a giant overpass, so all the wind from the high desert rushes down and blows the shit out of my school :hecho:

MPF
12-01-2011, 12:58 AM
There is some intense ass wind in my area. I'm not excited to drive to school tomorrow cause my school is at the worst possible place for wind. It's at the bottom of a giant overpass, so all the wind from the high desert rushes down and blows the shit out of my school :hecho:

THERE'S A SHIT CLOUD COMING! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

christopher
12-01-2011, 01:05 AM
THERE'S A SHIT CLOUD COMING! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

:lol: nice one. But seriously, it looks like a bunch of Ents were fucking all over the streets tonight. There are tree branches all over the roads.

MPF
12-01-2011, 01:26 AM
:lol: nice one. But seriously, it looks like a bunch of Ents were fucking all over the streets tonight. There are tree branches all over the roads.

I love Kingpin. Such a great movie :lol:

It's shitty here too *no pun intended..ok maybe a little*

Leaving Protest The Hero tonight it started snowing like a motherfucker. I saw cars all along the ditches on my way home from the freeway to the country highways home. To make it shittier my windshield wipers stopped working, and my heater wasn't blowing enough warm air on defrost so my windshield kept fogging up. It made for a very interesting ride home.

And hearing what you said made me realize that wind pressure is coming this direction......GREAT!! :(

MPF
12-01-2011, 01:28 AM
Also, if you watch this, you can't unwatch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_3oQtmakhtM

xStructualDefect
12-01-2011, 01:30 AM

Yeah it's super fucking windy in my area too. Trees flying all over the place, many peoples' power is going out, etc.

treghet
12-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Also, if you watch this, you can't unwatch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_3oQtmakhtM

hahahahahaha wtf

treghet
12-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Yeah it's super fucking windy in my area too. Trees flying all over the place, many peoples' power is going out, etc.

Meanwhile, there is absolutely no wind here. :lol:

MPF
12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
hahahahahaha wtf

This is just as good....episode two :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO72EM1XFhk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

christopher
12-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Meanwhile, there is absolutely no wind here. :lol:

Bastard, I hope a hurricane sweeps over Huntington hahaha aww no I don't

xStructualDefect
12-01-2011, 02:23 AM
I thought it stopped and eased a bit but it just got pretty intense again.

treghet
12-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Bastard, I hope a hurricane sweeps over Huntington hahaha aww no I don't

That reminds me of this.

http://www.performanceboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65009&stc=1&d=1264028991

I think that was in 2004.

christopher
12-01-2011, 02:31 AM
I thought it stopped and eased a bit but it just got pretty intense again.

Same here. It's annoying cause the trashcans are right outside my window. The wind keeps slamming them into the house, so I keep hearing loud ass bangs on my wall. My dog then freaks out and tries to attack the wall. FML

treghet
12-01-2011, 02:32 AM
My dog then freaks out and tries to attack the wall. FML

:lol:

christopher
12-01-2011, 02:37 AM
That reminds me of this.

http://www.performanceboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=65009&stc=1&d=1264028991

I think that was in 2004.

haha oh shit!! I didn't know of that! I wish I was there to see it!

Damn dog attacked the wall again. I'm never going to sleep tonight:hecho:

MPF
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Just scored an Interview with Last Chance To Reason!!!

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YEAAAAH!!!!

Seventhzealot
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Well that test was interesting. I think I might have invented a fair few theorems of my own in there :eyes:

GarageMetal468
12-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Well that test was interesting. I think I might have invented a fair few theorems of my own in there :eyes:

:lol: I've had those moments all my life when taking any test that was math related!

Seventhzealot
12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
:lol: I've had those moments all my life when taking any test that was math related!

I know man. Just glad to get that course out of the way. Now another final on 6th and I'm done for the semester :party:

christopher
12-02-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm really annoyed right now. I have a test in philosophy in 9 hours. My teacher emailed us four questions to study and he's going to pick one of them. There was a question five, but it says he will inform us soon on it. I accidentally slept through my alarm on Wednesday and missed class. On Wednesday, the class went over the questions that were sent out to prepare for the test. I emailed the teacher asking what the fifth question is and he has yet to respond:hecho: I am prepared for the other four questions, I'm just going to be fucked over if he picks question 5.

IrritatedTrout
12-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Going to France for the weekend. Should be fun.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 02:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSsFKIFN8_o

Some advice for you.

MPF
12-02-2011, 03:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSsFKIFN8_o

Some advice for you.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

jd091
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
So, this forum. I'm gettin' kind of tired of it. I dunno. Might take a break and just check in now and then for minsinformation. I've kind of lost all my will to write up setlists and stuff. Other than a Mastodon binge I was on yesterday, I haven't listened to metal in a long time, either.

christopher
12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
So, this forum. I'm gettin' kind of tired of it. I dunno. Might take a break and just check in now and then for minsinformation. I've kind of lost all my will to write up setlists and stuff. Other than a Mastodon binge I was on yesterday, I haven't listened to metal in a long time, either.

Don't leave! :snivel: It has gotten kind of slow in the last few weeks though.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
I hardly listen to metal at all anymore as well. Prepare to have your mind expanded.

mankvill
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
>growing out of metal

oh children

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Still has a special place in my heart, I just don't really put it on anymore. I'll go to shows if I get for free though. hahaha I promise you any time Augury comes to Minnesota or whatever state I'm living in at the time I'll be at that show. hahaha

ravenheart
12-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Stopping listening to any form of music you still like is a very childish way of pretending you're growing up.

illuminatus917
12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I hardly listen to metal at all anymore as well. Prepare to have your mind expanded.

Implying those who listen to metal don't have expanded minds?

Dextrimental
12-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Still has a special place in my heart, I just don't really put it on anymore. I'll go to shows if I get for free though. hahaha I promise you any time Augury comes to Minnesota or whatever state I'm living in at the time I'll be at that show. hahaha

Why on Earth did you bother joining this forum then?

Most of the regulars here listen to a lot more than just metal, it just so happens this is a per-dominantly metal forum so that's whats discussed.

Seventhzealot
12-02-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't think I could ever stop listening to metal. Well atleast I hope not :eyes:

christopher
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM
All I really listen to is bluegrass and power violence. I've been on a death and trash metal streak the last week or so, but I don't really listen to metal too often nowadays. I still love it though.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Stopping listening to any form of music you still like is a very childish way of pretending you're growing up.

I would have to agree with you there, although I don't think I've ever met a person who has done that. If I don't feel like listening to something I don't feel like listening to it.

Implying those who listen to metal don't have expanded minds?

Uh... No? I listen to metal and I'm pretty expanded, plenty of others are too, it was just a phrase, merely meant that I might be able to turn a few folks on to different tunes thats all. I hope for the same.

Why on Earth did you bother joining this forum then?

Most of the regulars here listen to a lot more than just metal, it just so happens this is a per-dominantly metal forum so that's whats discussed.

Really??? Is that why the site is called METALsetlists?? Seriously dude, why do you even care? I joined probably for the same reason everyone did. Also, predominantly doesn't require a hyphen. lol

All I really listen to is bluegrass and power violence. I've been on a death and trash metal streak the last week or so, but I don't really listen to metal too often nowadays. I still love it though.

Nice! Hello fellow Bluegrass enthusiast! Who are you into?

christopher
12-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Nice! Hello fellow Bluegrass enthusiast! Who are you into?

Oh god, I listen to so much bluegrass and outlaw country. I love pretty much everything that is on Farmageddon records, Jayke Orvis, James Hunnicutt, Goddamn Gallows, JB Beverley and the Wayward Drifters, Viva Le Vox, Those Poor Bastards, Hank III, The .357 String Band, Bob Wayne and the Outlaw Carnies, Jason and the Punknecks, Last False Hope, Bill Monroe, Blue Jeans & Khaki Pants, Dale Watson, David Allan Coe, Doc Watson, Dock Boggs, Graham Lindsey, Highlonesome, Calamity Cubes, Coffin Hunter(features Jack of Exodus), Cheatin Hearts, The Perreze Farm, Flatts and Scruggs, Frank Fairfield, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Paycheck, Johnny Cash, Hank Sr, Hellbound Glory, Joe Buck Yourself, Joey Allcorn, Jimmy Martin, Sydney City Trash, Wayne Hancock, Waylon Jennings and more...I kind of went overboard you get it :D

Dextrimental
12-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Really??? Is that why the site is called METALsetlists?? Seriously dude, why do you even care? I joined probably for the same reason everyone did. Also, predominantly doesn't require a hyphen. lol

> corrects grammar then uses the phrase 'lol'

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother.

Anyway, currently playing some Terraria and listening to the new Peter Gabriel record, its good shit, doubtful it will break my top 25 before the year is out, but its definitely some good stuff!

BloodoftheKings
12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
I listen to a bunch of stuff but still listen to metal pretty frequently. The past week I've only been listening to punk. I feel like when I listen to a lot of punk it shortens my attention span. When I try to listen to a metal album in the middle of a punk binge 5 minute songs seem too long. I wanted to listen to the new Vektor and I liked it but just wasn't in the mood at all and turned it off half way into the first song and put on NOFX.

christopher
12-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I listen to a bunch of stuff but still listen to metal pretty frequently. The past week I've only been listening to punk. I feel like when I listen to a lot of punk it shortens my attention span. When I try to listen to a metal album in the middle of a punk binge 5 minute songs seem too long. I wanted to listen to the new Vektor and I liked it but just wasn't in the mood at all and turned it off half way into the first song and put on NOFX.

That's what happens to me after a lot of Power Violence. The songs are usually 30 seconds to a minute long, so its a big change going from that to regular songs :lol:

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
> corrects grammar then uses the phrase 'lol'

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother.

I corrected your spelling, I don't see what relevance my using an acronym has to you not knowing the how to spell a word.

ravenheart
12-02-2011, 06:28 PM
OK, what's going on now?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Your guess is as good as mine. haha

I guess because Metal isn't my #1 genre anymore people feel like I don't belong here?

mankvill
12-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Your guess is as good as mine. haha

I guess because Metal isn't my #1 genre anymore people feel like I don't belong here?

Nope, you are definitely welcome. ^_^

I saw your list of bands you saw this year. Did you go to Wakarusa?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I did indeed sir

I went to Summer Camp, Wakarusa, Bonnazoo, Electric Forest, and The Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Festival this summer.

ravenheart
12-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I did indeed sir

I went to Summer Camp, Wakarusa, Bonnazoo, Electric Forest, and The Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Festival this summer.

He says after saying money is irrelevant.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Ever heard of volunteering? How about selling bottled water? I got into Summer Camp and MBOTMA Fest for free. Worked the lot both nights in Georgia for Phish, got into both shows for 20 bucks. You just gotta be crafty and know how to make a buck when on ter.

illuminatus917
12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Ever heard of volunteering?

That's how I get into Merlefest for free every year. Except I work instrument storage instead of selling bottled water. :cool:

ravenheart
12-02-2011, 07:05 PM
All irrelevant to me.

Incidentally, out of curiosity, why can't you say/write "tour" properly?

mankvill
12-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I live in Lawrence, where Wakarusa is from. I went to the last one that was in Lawrence. Loved it, missing it real bad.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Volunteering and Selling things are two different occupations. lol

I like doing clean up after bands, you get soooo many ground scores.

Don't knock the water sales man, you make a killing off dollar waters on lot. pay 4 or 5 bucks for like 25 or 30, that's quite a bit of profit. I've made a couple hundred in a couple hours selling water and talking to people.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Nice, I never went to Waka before it moved to Muberry Mountain. I love that fest, one of my favorites. Hoping I find my way back there again next summer. But I might just do Phish or Furthur ter. We'll see what happens.

How is my response irrelevant Raven?

illuminatus917
12-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Volunteering and Selling things are two different occupations. lol

Except when you volunteer to sell things. ;)

dcmetal108
12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Playing the single player of MW3. I'm bored tonight.

christopher
12-02-2011, 07:38 PM
why can't you say/write "tour" properly?

Yes, that is annoying to read...

BloodoftheKings
12-02-2011, 10:28 PM
SAT in the morning, didn't study, not even attempting to get a good nights sleep, fuckdapolice.

jd091
12-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Uh... No? I listen to metal and I'm pretty expanded, plenty of others are too, it was just a phrase, merely meant that I might be able to turn a few folks on to different tunes thats all. I hope for the same.

MOSHCORE: Y/N?

Muy importante.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Not a fan of Moshing, I go to shows to listen to the music. I like to dance though. Only genre I listen to with core at the end of it would be Grindcore.

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 12:35 AM
MOSHCORE: Y/N?

Muy importante.

N. :lol:

christopher
12-03-2011, 01:01 AM
OMG I"M DYING!!!! (http://damnyouautocorrect.com/13603/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-dyacs-first-year/)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 01:03 AM
This is a good'n as well.

http://textsfrombennett.tumblr.com/

christopher
12-03-2011, 01:11 AM
This is a good'n as well.

http://textsfrombennett.tumblr.com/

I've read that one before. It's alright. I haven't laughed this much in a while for the auto correct one :lol:

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Maybe I just find it hilarious cause I used to go to an alternative High School, LOTS of stupid kids in that place. Reminds me of some of the stupid shit they used to say.

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 01:45 AM
The problem with those autocorrect things is that about 103% of them are faked. That's slightly more than all of them. The fact that they were made up kind of takes the hilarity out :hmm:

christopher
12-03-2011, 02:07 AM
The problem with those autocorrect things is that about 103% of them are faked. That's slightly more than all of them. The fact that they were made up kind of takes the hilarity out :hmm:

:grrr: thanks for ruining my fun

MPF
12-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Bascially my response to the way the forums have been for a while. Also works if anyone has been think "Jesus, this is annoying"

http://medias.lepost.fr/ill/2010/07/07/h-20-2143828-1278508220.jpg

Dextrimental
12-03-2011, 05:22 AM
Here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3DlIrvoHg

ravenheart
12-03-2011, 05:30 AM
I've never been lazy enough to use autocorrect or predictive text when texting.

powerslave_85
12-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Yeah, exactly. Those "autocorrects" work in the exact opposite way that they actually do on the phone. If you type in a normal word, it's not going to correct to some weird profanity.

mankvill
12-03-2011, 07:34 AM
It's not fake. The guy who gets them is Mac Lethal, a Kansas City-area rapper. He's brought his cousin out to shows before and shit.

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 07:59 AM
It's not fake. The guy who gets them is Mac Lethal, a Kansas City-area rapper. He's brought his cousin out to shows before and shit.

I was referring to the random ones like Damn You Auto Correct.

But if those other ones are legit, then DAYUM... DAT BENNETT 1 CRAZY N!GG@!!!

Seventhzealot
12-03-2011, 08:13 AM
I've never really had disasters as bad as those on auto-correct but Apple has made me look like a right retard at times on text :mad:

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 08:22 AM
If it weren't for auto-correct I'd be screwed, because I only have touchscreen (no external keypad) and my hands are huge. My old env 3 I could text with no problem even though the keys were tiny, but without being able to actually feel them I hit the wrong shit all the time.

mankvill
12-03-2011, 08:42 AM
I was referring to the random ones like Damn You Auto Correct.

But if those other ones are legit, then DAYUM... DAT BENNETT 1 CRAZY N!GG@!!!

o i c c:

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 08:59 AM
This is hilarious.

http://howtobeswedish.com/the-fart-page

ravenheart
12-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Imminently leaving for Cathedral's last ever show :(

Hoping they'll pull out a mind-blowing final set, but to be honest I'm expecting the usual stuff like Ride, Hopkins, Utopian Blaster, Corpsecycle etc.

So long as they do Enter The Worms I'll be happy though. Especially after having to sit through Comus :mad:

John The Drummer
12-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Listening to the Hells Headbangers "5 for $35" CD Pack i got in the mail yesterday.

Midnight - FUCKING SICK! Total black metal Motorhead
Sanguis Imperem - Also sick, very raw and dirty sounding, but still awesome.
Speedwolf - Such a fun band. Total Motorhead worship at times, hope they tour.
Embalmed - Meh... nothing great.... I can't really tell the songs from each other.
The Vladimirs - Haven't given a full on listen yet, but sounds like rad Punk.

Looking at their 10 Cd's for $50 pack now... goddamn... there is some juicy stuff in there, but I must save as much as possible for MDF.

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2011, 10:35 AM
OMG I"M DYING!!!! (http://damnyouautocorrect.com/13603/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-dyacs-first-year/)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I was the guy who said to his mom he hopes her shaved pussy is for dinner I probably would have killed myself.

ravenheart
12-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Especially after having to sit through Comus :mad:

Comus cancelled. Fucking win!

Although they stupidly put Gentlemans Pistols on 15 minutes after the doors opened, so missed most of their set :(

And why weren't Firebird booked, Godamnit!

ravenheart
12-03-2011, 11:41 AM
For fuck sakes. They could have bumped Gentleman's Pistols up a slot and got one of the dozen or so excellent London based doom bands to fill Comus's slot. Or given GP and Grand Magus longer sets, but no. Cressida are playing. Who gives a shit about a washed up '70 prog band at a doom metal concert?

So far we've got:

- stupid timings and slow door staff sabotaging GP's set
- the new 12" single at a ridiculous £13
- the event shirt doesn't have the date on it
- a shit prog band with a singer who can't ennunciate a single word
- the usual boring Grand Magus set ignoring their best two albums

All tonight needs is Cathedral to do a boring hits set and not play for long enough and this event will be a complete wash-out.

JRA
12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Reading through the Effigy of the Forgotten liner notes. They actually thank "Bret, CC, Rikki & Poison." :lol:

DethMaiden
12-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Writing a paper called “We Can’t Stop Him From Saying Stupid Shit”: Arson, Murder, Rape, Burzum, Leviathan and the Ethical Responsibilities of the Music Press because my college is cooler than yours.

street_burial
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
currently screaming obscenities at my TV due to LSU losing right now. :mad::mad::pissed::censored:

street_burial
12-03-2011, 05:08 PM
SEC CHAMPIONS!!! time to get drunk off my ass! :realchug::drinking:http://www.fungoman.com/blast/img/lsu_logo1.jpg

treghet
12-03-2011, 05:13 PM
The Lovely Sparkling Unicorns.

jd091
12-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Writing a paper called “We Can’t Stop Him From Saying Stupid Shit”: Arson, Murder, Rape, Burzum, Leviathan and the Ethical Responsibilities of the Music Press because my college is cooler than yours.

Niiice.

daimonos
12-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Reading through the Effigy of the Forgotten liner notes. They actually thank "Bret, CC, Rikki & Poison." :lol:

:fist:

Suffocation are a goofy bunch of guys.

ChildrenofSodom
12-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Doesn't sounds as good as "Don't Mask, Don't Tell", but I still want to read it. Hit me when its done.

xStructualDefect
12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Debating on going to that Autopsy show next month. Is anyone else going?

treghet
12-03-2011, 06:42 PM

I am. I think Chris is going too.

rjturtle9
12-03-2011, 06:47 PM

I'm not.

christopher
12-03-2011, 06:51 PM
I am. I think Chris is going too.

I'm definitely going now. I just bought myself a ticket :D

christopher
12-03-2011, 06:52 PM
If I was the guy who said to his mom he hopes her shaved pussy is for dinner I probably would have killed myself.

Seriously! I would never be able to feel comfortable around my mom again :eyes:

christopher
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Comus cancelled. Fucking win!

Although they stupidly put Gentlemans Pistols on 15 minutes after the doors opened, so missed most of their set :(

And why weren't Firebird booked, Godamnit!

I want to see Firebird so bad! I love anything Bill Steer does.

JRA
12-03-2011, 07:00 PM

I wonder if there's an actual story to that.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 07:03 PM

They really are, I remember I was talking to their bassist and for some reason he thought I got kicked out of the show, offered to sneak me back in. lol

SomewhereInTime72
12-03-2011, 07:46 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/69700.html

daimonos
12-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I wonder if there's an actual story to that.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is. Poison is from NJ and Suffo from NY, so who knows? :lol:

Seventhzealot
12-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Playing the insomniac tonight and thus using the time to re-shuffle my year-end list of best albums :lol:

xStructualDefect
12-04-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm definitely going now. I just bought myself a ticket :D

How much do tickets come out to?

christopher
12-04-2011, 03:33 AM
How much do tickets come out to?

$26. $25 for the ticket and $1 fee

xStructualDefect
12-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Not bad at all. I think I will end up going to this.

Epidemic Reign
12-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Just finished making selections for my first year-end list on metalsetlists :D Still need to finalize the order but I plan on kicking off the thread in the next couple of days.

It's a rather diverse list with several picks that I don't think will be found on anyone else's.

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I've been having an online chat with my Professor to study for my final exam Tuesday. And I'm baked as a cake. I sound like a genius kiss ass.

larvtard
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I've been having an online chat with my Professor to study for my final exam Tuesday. And I'm baked as a cake. I sound like a genius kiss ass.

...Why would you get high if you know you're gonna be having an online chat with your professor?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Teachers are cooler than most kids think. I've toked with many an educator, hell, Patrick from Augury teaches High School Science!

larvtard
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Teachers are cooler than most kids think. I've toked with many an educator, hell, Patrick from Augury teaches High School Science!

I'm in college, too, dude. But his professor agreed to study with him online and he's just getting high? He's wasting his professor's time. Get high on your own time, Cameron.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:05 PM
How is getting high wasting his time? If he learns, he learns...

larvtard
12-04-2011, 06:06 PM
How is getting high wasting his time? If he learns, he learns...

That's the thing, if he's getting high he's probably gonna have a pretty difficult time focusing on what the professor is saying.

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
That's the thing, if he's getting high he's probably gonna have a pretty difficult time focusing on what the professor is saying.

It was a typed session with the rest of my class. She organized it, and I "attended". And we talked about banded-iron formations, the oxygenation of the atmosphere in the neoproterozoic, epeirogenic movement, fission-tracking dating, and angular unconformities.

I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, thanks.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM

I get waaaay more focused on things when I toke. You must be one of those kids that has trouble handling their drugs. Shit, I've been to school tripping and nobody even noticed.

larvtard
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
It was a typed session with the rest of my class. She organized it, and I "attended". And we talked about banded-iron formations, the oxygenation of the atmosphere in the neoproterozoic, epeirogenic movement, fission-tracking dating, and angular unconformities.

I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, thanks.

My apologies, man, I thought it was a video chat or something. I wouldn't do it either way, but maybe you're different than I am high.

Fuck off, wazoo, you don't know me.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
I want to see Firebird so bad! I love anything Bill Steer does.

Gentleman's Pistols fan then?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Same could have been said to you. Smooches.

jd091
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
u don't know me.

http://covers1.img-themusic-world.info/000/6/6450.jpg

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
That statement just made me think of that one kid in Highschool that would always say that if someone tried calling him out on being an idiot. hahaha

jd091
12-04-2011, 06:37 PM
:O What if we managed to get the general chat thread locked? Unprecedented...

larvtard
12-04-2011, 06:39 PM
That statement just made me think of that one kid in Highschool that would always say that if someone tried calling him out on being an idiot. hahaha

But seriously, stop coming to conclusions. You don't know me.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Seems like I do.

RAZOR
12-04-2011, 06:43 PM
How old are you, Wazoo?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Age is only physical.

jd091
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
How old are you, Wazoo?

Age is only physical.

:tp:

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Take a guess if you care so much. I don't put much stock in age.

ChildrenofSodom
So you're young.

TheGrandWazoo40
Depends on your definition of young?

RAZOR
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Take a guess if you care so much. I don't put much stock in age.

Asking a simple question doesn't mean I "care so much," I was just curious.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Doesn't it say when your birthday is on your profile?

EDIT: Apparently not...

Either way, someone take a guess, I'm intrigued..

RAZOR
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Well you're either a young teen who tries to appear way more intelligent than they really are, or a bitter mid-30's dude who likes to be a smartass.

jd091
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
bitter mid-30's dude who likes to be a smartass.

Going for this, based on music tastes. :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm done feeding the troll.

christopher
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm at work right now. I was scheduled as a cashier but they pulled me to be store greeter :lol: I'm getting paid to just stand still and say hi to every guest that comes in!

larvtard
12-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm at work right now. I was scheduled as a cashier but they pulled me to be store greeter :lol: I'm getting paid to just stand still and say hi to every guest that comes in!

Can't believe that stores actually pay people to do that. Have there been studies done that customers tend to buy more or come back to that store more when someone greets them upon their entrance?

jd091
12-04-2011, 07:03 PM

So those guys at Best Buy get paid for only doing that to me? :lol:

I wonder what they would do if you said every time, "Hello, Welcome to Target! I like Anal Cunt."

christopher
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
They want me to give carts to as many guests as possible in hopes that they will buy more. I just find this all comedy.

Hahaha jd, I should say that to the next guest that walks in and see how they react :lol:

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Whats with these copy/paste facebook statuses that say "Everybody has at least 300 friends or more on facebook, but when it comes to needing a friend how many would actually be there? I gurantee not 15 friends will like this status. Like this status if you will be there for me, set this status as your status an see who will be there for you."?

I guess i'm not part of "everybody" cause I don't have over 300 friends on facebook. If your gonna complain about it why add a bunch of people you don't give a shit about?

SomewhereInTime72
12-04-2011, 07:25 PM
facebook is stupid

slapguitarer
12-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Okay, I'm kind of lost.

Why was the GrandWazoo guy banned?

Dextrimental
12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Okay, I'm kind of lost.

Surely he just set a MetalSetlists record of some sort for getting banned so quick...!?

mastodon421
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Okay, I'm kind of lost.

He posted a thread about politics and started name-calling and insulting people. I didn't read the whole thread, but I read enough to get the gist of why he got banned.

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Wazoo got banned? About fucking time :party:

RAZOR
12-04-2011, 07:30 PM
He got banned? :lol:

MPF
12-04-2011, 07:31 PM
He was a Zappa fan, I'll give him that. But otherwise, WAH HOO!!!

Let's get things back to normal.....what major festival or tour can we go back to hating on? :lol:

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I think he was an old member who got banned and then re-registered under a different name. Didn't hide it very well, twit.

jd091
12-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Okay, I'm kind of lost.

Surely he just set a MetalSetlists record of some sort for getting banned so quick...!?

He posted a thread about politics and started name-calling and insulting people. I didn't read the whole thread, but I read enough to get the gist of why he got banned.

Wazoo got banned? About fucking time :party:

He got banned? :lol:

No way! :lol: He didn't fit in, honestly. I mean, for chirssakes, he had a grateful dead avatar.

Dextrimental
12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I think he was an old member who got banned and then re-registered under a different name. Didn't hide it very well, twit.

Due to his Zappa fandom, can any of the mods confirm if it was UncleMeat or not? I had a sneaking suspicion the entire time, but thought it might sound a little over the top....!

SomewhereInTime72

Yeah, I read like 2 posts from him and instantly thought it was probably that old guy who disgraced Zappa by being a douche while using him as an avatar. :eyes: :lol:

And nothing of value was lost.

BloodoftheKings
No way! :lol: He didn't fit in, honestly. I mean, for chirssakes, he had a grateful dead avatar.

In his 2 days and 250 post here he didn't say one thing about any metal band.

larvtard
12-04-2011, 07:37 PM

Ohhhh... that makes sense. :lol: I was gonna say, I don't think he deserved to get banned, he was just not getting himself off to a great start.

larvtard
12-04-2011, 07:37 PM
In his 2 days and 250 post here he didn't say one thing about any metal band.

Yeah, that's not true at all, man.

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah, that's not true at all, man.

I didn't see it then, the only post I saw from him that had anything to do with metal was "I don't even listen to metal".

MPF
12-04-2011, 07:39 PM

While I agree with the first half, what does the avatar have to do with anything?

I have Hank Scorpio as my avatar, what does that mean? I like Hank Scorpio. :D

jd091
12-04-2011, 07:40 PM
In that "IS THIS THE LAND OF THE FREE ANYMORE HERP DERP" thread he made in the general chat, which got locked, es156 posted "Goodbye Uncle_Meat1940" before locking it. That name ring any bells, oldies?

jd091
12-04-2011, 07:41 PM
While I agree with the first half, what does the avatar have to do with anything?

I have Hank Scorpio as my avatar, what does that mean? I like Hank Scorpio. :D

I mean, not much, but how big of a crossover is there between Dead Heads and Metal Heads? It's like, complete opposite music. Just watch the South Park episodes where the hippies invade if you want proof.

es156
12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Due to his Zappa fandom, can any of the mods confirm if it was UncleMeat or not? I had a sneaking suspicion the entire time, but thought it might sound a little over the top....!

You win 1 internets.

Link (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=421018&postcount=47)

Dextrimental
Booyah!

Yeah, jd, older douche from maybe a year or two ago..!

Also, I'm a Deadhead and a Metalhead, I just don't advertise my love for Grateful that much as they don't do anything of note anymore so there's never anything to get excited about :lol:

larvtard
In that "IS THIS THE LAND OF THE FREE ANYMORE HERP DERP" thread he made in the general chat, which got locked, es156 posted "Goodbye Uncle_Meat1940" before locking it. That name ring any bells, oldies?

I was just gonna say that I love es156 now :lol:

yeah, I don't remember why he got banned though. I think he pissed off tony?

Indestructible
I wanted to respond to that thread about the National Defense Authorization Act, but it was locked so I am posting my response here.
Oh, no Indestructible is ranting about politics again, sorry guys only helping you save yourselves from a tyranical government. Which a government is if they want to detain anyone without trial.

It's pretty obviouse that the governent plans to detain anyone including Americans without trial. Just look at that Enemy, Biligerant act of 2010 John McCain proposed, I think it is the same thing as this National Defense Authorization Act. They make it clear that they would jail anyone on criminal charges without a trial. Going to trial is the only way to be sure that someone is guility or not, but instead they are just going to jail you instead of looking at the evidence to prove if you are innocent or a criminal.

They are going to pass this thing in the name of fighting terrorism but the fact is that they see me and you as the terrorists if they want to detain us without criminal charges and trial for any reason they see fit.

I just don't trust politicans with anything they do, why do people trust their lives to people they see on television? It would make sense to govern your own life and not let politicans do it.

ChildrenofSodom
If we keep talking about him, the terrorist wins. We must be ever vigilant, but we can't let him ruin our daily lives.

LET US TALK ABOUT METAL!

jd091
12-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I wanted to respond to that thread about the National Defense Authorization Act, but it was locked so I am posting my response here.
Oh, no Indestructible is ranting about politics again, sorry guys only helping you save yourselves from a tyranical government. Which a government is if they want to detain anyone without trial.

It's pretty obviouse that the governent plans to detain anyone including Americans without trial. Just look at that Enemy, Biligerant act of 2010 John McCain proposed, I think it is the same thing as this National Defense Authorization Act. They make it clear that they would jail anyone on criminal charges without a trial. Going to trial is the only way to be sure that someone is guility or not, but instead they are just going to jail you instead of looking at the evidence to prove if you are innocent or a criminal.

They are going to pass this thing in the name of fighting terrorism but the fact is that they see me and you as the terrorists if they want to detain us without criminal charges and trial for any reason they see fit.

I just don't trust politicans with anything they do, why do people trust their lives to people they see on television? It would make sense to govern your own life and not let politicans do it.

Gotta say Indestructible, despite your views being different than mine, you're always a real nice guy about it. Never a dick. *golf clap*

Maiden33
12-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Dammit... why did I have to miss all the fun from being gone most of the weekend?

MPF
12-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I mean, not much, but how big of a crossover is there between Dead Heads and Metal Heads? It's like, complete opposite music. Just watch the South Park episodes where the hippies invade if you want proof.

In a way that does make sense. But I love Zappa as much as I love Devin TOwnsend, Death, Opeth, Iced Earth, etc. Zappa used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG extended jams, but they were never boring like the Grateful Dead

Never been a Dead Head though. I love that episode of South Park though, although I'll always laugh more at this exchange:

Jimbo: Oh why don't you go see a Grateful Dead concert?
Mr. Mackey: I can't man, Jerry Berry's dead.

Maiden33
12-04-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm especially sad now since I was the one who pushed most to get UncleMeat banned back when that happened, haha.

RAZOR
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm too new here I guess to know who UncleMeat is. :confused:

Maiden33
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm too new here I guess to know who UncleMeat is. :confused:

You were probably here when "it" happened, but he kept his stupidity to a few select threads then. I just specifically remembering him personally insulting me on a ridiculous, almost harassing-like level because we got into an argument over Richie Blackmore. He said I couldn't possibly be a real musician, and that I just didn't "get" music. And a whole lot more, of course. The posts are probably still out there, I'm sure.

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 09:13 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=1415760

I see why he got banned in the "Now Playing Thread Part XIX".

MPF
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
He was Unclemeat. He just added me on facebook and told me :lol:

christopher
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Ahh I missed out on the fun? Damn work. I'm glad I don't have to read "ter" anymore :lol:

daimonos
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Not gonna lie, Uncle Meat used to make me laugh sometimes. But, he was a dick.

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 09:38 PM
As annoying as Wazoo was how come he gets the ban hammer but Magson13 is still posting?

MPF
12-04-2011, 09:39 PM
As annoying as Wazoo was how come he gets the ban hammer but Magson13 is still posting?

I still haven't filed my report of the Sexual Harassment in the Donkey Punch Thread :lol:

mankvill
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
And that's why I automatically hate anyone who says they like Zappa. ;)

MPF
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
And that's why I automatically hate anyone who says they like Zappa. ;)

You hate me Manks?

:( :( :(

:tongue:

mankvill
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
You hate me Manks?

:( :( :(

:tongue:

Well, I hate you for much more than that.

:D

:lovedup:

MPF
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Well, I hate you for much more than that.

:lovedup:

I've been told worse by women, so apology accepted :D:D:D

makethemsuffer12
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM

i no rite?

Seriously though, I clearly remember Magson calling people faggots in a serious manner when he first started posting regularly (he registered in 09, but I don't remember any posts from back then, really). I imagine he got a warning, (he's toned down a bit) but if it were up to me I would've banned him months ago.

GarageMetal468
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Dammit... why did I have to miss all the fun from being gone most of the weekend?

Yeah I was gone all day when this happened. Oh well, at least my band got our material even more covered for our show in 2 weeks.

treghet
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Debating whether to stay up late and work on a project or procrastinate and work on it tomorrow...

mankvill
12-04-2011, 10:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvLm01ruV00

Jeff Mangum played an acoustic concert for the Occupy Wallstreet people back in Oct., and here is the whole thing! :D

christopher
12-04-2011, 10:52 PM
http://starzuncut.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/coachella-2012-lineup-poster-leaked.jpg

Rumored Lineup...I keep hearing things about Radiohead playing, but never believed it cause they are doing the US tour a month before. I just noticed they are playing Mexico City the week of Coachella, so who knows at this point. I find it random as hell that Sleep is playing Coachella. I hope to god they aren't playing another hipster fest:hecho:

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 10:54 PM
http://starzuncut.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/coachella-2012-lineup-poster-leaked.jpg

I keep hearing things about Radiohead playing, but never believed it cause they are doing the US tour a month before. I just noticed they are playing Mexico City the week of Coachella, so who knows at this point. I find it random as hell that Sleep is playing Coachella. I hope to god they aren't playing another hipster fest:hecho:

wtf since when were Refused back together?

MPF
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM

That was my first thought.

mankvill
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM

That alone means 100% fake. Either earlier this year or last year, there were a ton of rumors of them getting back together because they were releasing a special edition of The Shape Of Punk To Come, but they came out and said there will never be a reunion.

Also: who in their right mind would think No Doubt would headline Coachella :tp:

treghet
12-04-2011, 10:58 PM

Rumored Lineup...I keep hearing things about Radiohead playing, but never believed it cause they are doing the US tour a month before. I just noticed they are playing Mexico City the week of Coachella, so who knows at this point. I find it random as hell that Sleep is playing Coachella. I hope to god they aren't playing another hipster fest:hecho:

HIPSTERS GALORE.

ShatteredFlame
12-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Tom Waits. YEAH RIGHT.

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Tom Waits. YEAH RIGHT.

Even if he would play a show like this he's billed too low.

ShatteredFlame
12-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Obviously, he would be a huge draw on anything he plays cause he never tours.

But even if they had acts like Radiohead, Daft Punk, and Tom Waits, spreading the fest over two weekends is an awful idea. I feel like this fest will fall hard next year because of that.

Sepultura69
12-04-2011, 11:41 PM
Just got off work not too long ago. Now i am in supa man-5000 relax mode :rocker:

christopher
12-05-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm listening to Acheron, Divine Eve, Ares Kingdom and Incantation for the first time tonight. Some awesome shit!!! I can't wait to see them with Autopsy!!!

GarageMetal468
12-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Got a 22/50 on my stats project... don't know how that happened, probably had to do with my teacher being a dick as usual. Kinda freaking out about this because I now have a 68% in the class... but there was extra credit that still needs to be plugged in that could put me well above a C, as well as the recitation grade for that class which I have an 88% in. I think as long as I do good on the final I'll be ok passing it.

christopher
12-05-2011, 01:19 PM
My alarm didn't go off this morning, so I woke up an hour and a half late and missed my calculus class:bouville: I had to leave my house immediately and get to my next class cause I had a paper due. I was dead tired and starving throughout the entire class. I was craving chicken tenders, so I went over to the student union to get some. Right when I went to order, I realized I left my wallet at home and had to make the 45 minute drive home before I could eat. Today has sucked so far. I'm going to spend the next 5 hours studying for my Physics final and then head over to the Slidebar to see Bleeding Through for free tonight :rocker:

mankvill
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Ares Kingdom

larvtard
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM
So you know how Decibel named Tombs' Path of Totality their #1 record?

So did Revolver.

The one by Korn.

Epidemic Reign
12-05-2011, 02:33 PM

So did Revolver.

The one by Korn.

What a fucking joke of a publication.

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM

So did Revolver.

The one by Korn.

Revolver really is a joke. From the 2 songs I've heard I can tell the the new Korn is probably the worst album of 2011.

makethemsuffer12
12-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Revolver really is a joke. From the 2 songs I've heard I can tell the the new Korn is probably the worst album of 2011.

http://www.the-tune.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/william-shatner-seeking-major-tom-album-cover-art-hd-2011.jpg

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2011, 03:46 PM
William Shatner butchering classic rock songs > Washed up nu metal band desperately attempting to stay relevant.

Epidemic Reign
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
William Shatner butchering classic rock songs > Washed up nu metal band desperately attempting to stay relevant.

Absolutely.

MPF
12-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Tomorrow is the scariest day of my life. NO I don't mean seeing Devin Townsend tomorrow, that will make up for the good or fucking horrible events that will come before it. I don't want to go into details. If you have me on facebook, just read that.

But any positive vibes you can send my way, I would really appreciate it. :(

mankvill
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Tomorrow is the scariest day of my life. NO I don't mean seeing Devin Townsend tomorrow, that will make up for the good or fucking horrible events that will come before it. I don't want to go into details. If you have me on facebook, just read that.

*internet hugs* :lovedup:

mastodon421
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM

Not saying new Korn is good ( I've only heard a couple of songs,I refuse to listen to the whole thing), but there is only one acceptable answer for worst album of 2011.

http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/LouReedMetallicaLulu600Gb020911.jpg

MPF
12-05-2011, 05:21 PM
*internet hugs* :lovedup:

Even as a joke, thanks.

I probably won't be on after tomorrow, not by choice by any means. I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm just scared shitless, and call em a fag all you want, on the verge of balling my eyes out.

All I can do is hope tings do work themselves out and miracles are real and can happen.

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Not saying new Korn is good ( I've only heard a couple of songs,I refuse to listen to the whole thing), but there is only one acceptable answer for worst album of 2011.

http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/LouReedMetallicaLulu600Gb020911.jpg

That fact that Lulu has no dubstep elements what so ever makes it better then the new Korn.

Epidemic Reign
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Damn, MPF. Whatever's going on, I wish you the best of luck buddy.

mankvill
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Even as a joke, thanks.

I probably won't be on after tomorrow, not by choice by any means. I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm just scared shitless, and call em a fag all you want, on the verge of balling my eyes out.

All I can do is hope tings do work themselves out and miracles are real and can happen.

Internet hugs are no joke!

:( But yeah, hope stuff works out for you.

RAZOR
12-05-2011, 05:38 PM

:hug: :hug: :hug:

MPF
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Internet hugs are no joke!

:( But yeah, hope stuff works out for you.

Thanks man.

I guess I will say it since i need someway to vent, but don't want to get into all the details since I'm not a IMjournal guy (Or whatever that site is). My house is being auctioned tomorrow. There is a chance that I'll be able to buy it back, but there's also the good chance that a bank, or realtor will be there and want to buy it to turn around and sell it. If that happens, there's no way I can get it back. I lose everything in my house (My family and I have a semi trailer full of stuff that we took out, but there's still a lot here, including everything I own. *Too long to explain if you don't know about foreclosures*

The auction is at 10am tomorrow and I have a family friend who will be there to try her best to buy it back, and sell it back to me (just me). Which I would be able to do. IF we can get it back.

So until then for the next 14 hours and change. I'm scared shitless that I will have no home...in December...in Wisconsin

*For those saying just move in with my family...if I could I would. Those are sadly not options*

Emo Rant/

xStructualDefect
12-05-2011, 05:48 PM
A few songs I've heard from new Korn isn't that bad. Get Up is meh, but I dig Narcissistic Cannibal a lot. Dubstep and Korn sound horrible on paper, but that song works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUOlc_j4rMA

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
That's not an emo rant because that's actually a serious problem. Hope everyone works out good for you and your family.

treghet
12-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks man.

I guess I will say it since i need someway to vent, but don't want to get into all the details since I'm not a IMjournal guy (Or whatever that site is). My house is being auctioned tomorrow. There is a chance that I'll be able to buy it back, but there's also the good chance that a bank, or realtor will be there and want to buy it to turn around and sell it. If that happens, there's no way I can get it back. I lose everything in my house (My family and I have a semi trailer full of stuff that we took out, but there's still a lot here, including everything I own. *Too long to explain if you don't know about foreclosures*

The auction is at 10am tomorrow and I have a family friend who will be there to try her best to buy it back, and sell it back to me (just me). Which I would be able to do. IF we can get it back.

So until then for the next 14 hours and change. I'm scared shitless that I will have no home...in December...in Wisconsin

*For those saying just move in with my family...if I could I would. Those are sadly not options*

Emo Rant/

I hope everything manages to turn out well. That's pretty scary stuff... :(

Crionics
12-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks man.

Emo Rant/

Hope everything goes well.

Dextrimental
12-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Just got back from Napalm Death, I'll post a review tomorrow when I can reflect on the gig properly, head is a little bit jarred from the experience!

MPF
12-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Once again thanks guys.

The two things that are backing me right now is that this place needs a lot of work done to it, which whoever buys it would have to fix. and also if a bank/Realitor just wants the land, they would have to take down the house and garage which would cost more then the land itself (1 and a half acres).

SO I do have those two things behind me. It still scaring the shit out of me.

Although I did just get 2 free tickets to As I Lay Dying On Wednesday. I'll be staying out of the pits for that one. But I love the offer. and I'll be able to get some more station IDs possible interviews int eh future from it.

larvtard
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Hope everything works out for the best, man.

christopher
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Good luck MPF :hug:

Dextrimental
12-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Here for ya dude! Keep the head up and all that! :D

RAZOR
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Keep your head up! Hope everything turns out okay. :)

MPF
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks guys.

I don't normally talking about my personal life anywhere, not even facebook. But it got the better of me tonight. I'm getting over it a little bit by talking about it here, and a few phone calls I got.

I do have options if I lose the house tomorrow, but non of them can go into effect until the spring simply because of living where I do. Best I can explain without getting too much into my personal life.

I'm going to go get some beer, and McDonalds, record my last two radio shows of the year tonight, and pray, meditate, good vibe, and everything else I gotta do to help me get back into a good state of mind.

christopher
12-05-2011, 06:46 PM
If you need to vent, then go for it. We all vent about our problems on here and you usually respond to them with advice. We owe it back to you to give you support in whatever way we can. I didn't realize that it was so serious that you are possibly losing your house. I hope that doesn't happen. Get some bomb beer in case you won't have a chance to get anything besides Cobra after tomorrow :eyes:

larvtard
12-05-2011, 06:50 PM
How did this happen, if you don't mind me asking? When I first read it, I thought "oh, MPF didn't keep up with his payments and the bank's foreclosing on him" but I don't even know if that's the case at all.

illuminatus917
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Tax foreclosure, I'm guessing.

Sorry MPF. I know we're of little consolation on here, but we hope everything works out for you man.

dcmetal108
12-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Just got done typing and emailing my first Q&A interview with a band for my site.

Thanks to MPF for giving me tips!

MPF
12-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Glad I can help you out DCmetal.

Actually the foreclosure had nothing to do with payments. in 2009, my parents separated and they both moved out. My brother and I have been here since then making payments making everything smooth. My parents divorced finalized in March, and the court ordered the house to be sold so my dad could pay my mom. They are finalizing it under a foreclosure for reasons I don't understand.

If we can get the house back. The house will be under my name and I'll be paying it back for as long as it takes.

hb420
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Just read that Revolver's album of the year is the new Korn album. :lol::lol::lol:

God, that magizne went to complete shit.

Maiden33
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM
MPF - I was in a semi-similar situation back in July 2008 and it was honestly some of the worst days of my life, so I completely relate to where you are right now. I really hope things work out for you.

larvtard
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Actually the foreclosure had nothing to do with payments. in 2009, my parents separated and they both moved out. My brother and I have been here since then making payments making everything smooth. My parents divorced finalized in March, and the court ordered the house to be sold so my dad could pay my mom. They are finalizing it under a foreclosure for reasons I don't understand.

Ok gotcha, thanks for clearing that up. Good luck, man.

MPF
12-05-2011, 08:12 PM
after a couple beers, and some McDonalds I'm calming down a bit.

The only people that are really going to be at the auction on a Tuesday morning in December in Wisconsin is realtors and banks. and after they look more into my house, they probably won't want to invest in it.

The one time in life you can say that needing repairs is a good thing. :lol:

It's still scaring the shit out of me, but I might even be able to get some sleep tonight....sure it might technically be passing out, but at this point. I don't care.

Just hoping by the grace of whoever/whatever is watching over me, that things will work out for the best. The only way i would be destroyed is if they do kick me out tomorrow. If it's in the spring I'll have time to move in somewhere else and get enough for rent.

christopher
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM
My friend just text me that Metallica played Call of Ktulu in Frisco. I'm so jealous he's at the show and I'm home studying for finals :hecho: Can't wait to see the full setlist in an hour or so.

mankvill
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
My friend just text me that Metallica played Call of Ktulu in Frisco. I'm so jealous he's at the show and I'm home studying for finals :hecho: Can't wait to see the full setlist in an hour or so.

From Facebook:

Since the gig began, Metallica's played Ktulu, the full version of No Remorse, and now The Shortest Straw.

MPF
12-05-2011, 11:29 PM
From Facebook:

Since the gig began, Metallica's played Ktulu, the full version of No Remorse, and now The Shortest Straw.

Fuck it!

Metal Militia or bust! :allan:

Seventhzealot
12-05-2011, 11:31 PM
after a couple beers, and some McDonalds I'm calming down a bit.

The only people that are really going to be at the auction on a Tuesday morning in December in Wisconsin is realtors and banks. and after they look more into my house, they probably won't want to invest in it.

The one time in life you can say that needing repairs is a good thing. :lol:

It's still scaring the shit out of me, but I might even be able to get some sleep tonight....sure it might technically be passing out, but at this point. I don't care.

Just hoping by the grace of whoever/whatever is watching over me, that things will work out for the best. The only way i would be destroyed is if they do kick me out tomorrow. If it's in the spring I'll have time to move in somewhere else and get enough for rent.

Wish you luck man :hug:

I need some luck of my own, get my grades tomorrow and I hope I don't fail my stats class :snivel:

mankvill
12-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Fuck it!

Metal Militia or bust! :allan:

So far:

Call of Ktulu
No Remorse
Shortest Straw
Leper Messiah
The Day That Never Comes
Carpe Diem Baby
Hate Train (unreleased from Death Magnetic session)

Fan or not, you gotta love that Metallica makes amazing sets.

TonyD
12-06-2011, 12:03 AM
God damnit

christopher
12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Don't care about the Reload song, but that's weird they would play an unreleased song. I wonder how it sounds.

MPF
12-06-2011, 12:21 AM
So far:

Call of Ktulu
No Remorse
Shortest Straw
Leper Messiah
The Day That Never Comes
Carpe Diem Baby
Hate Train (unreleased from Death Magnetic session)

Fan or not, you gotta love that Metallica makes amazing sets.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

christopher
12-06-2011, 12:22 AM
They're doing something acoustic right now :hmm:

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 12:30 AM
They also played Where Ever I May Roam :hmm:

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Now they are playing Mankvills Favorite Metallica song.

Sad But True

:D :D :D :D :D

christopher
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
They also played Where Ever I May Roam :hmm:

fucking lame

christopher
12-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Now they are playing Mankvills Favorite Metallica song.

Sad But True

:D :D :D :D :D

also lame

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 12:36 AM
also lame

What time did the band come on stage? It's 12:35 am and they probably still have another 8-10 songs left. They usually are done by 11:30pm at there typical arena gigs. :confused:

Then again i should remind myself this is at the filmore :hecho:

christopher
12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
What time did the band come on stage? It's 12:35 am and they probably still have another 8-10 songs left. They usually are done by 11:30pm at there typical arena gigs. :confused:

Then again i should remind myself this is at the filmore :hecho:

My friend text me at 11pm right when the first song started. I guess the acoustic song was a cover of Please Don't Judas Me:hmm:

Edit: They need to hurry with the updates!!!