PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

larvtard
11-16-2011, 07:11 AM
You used the word "literally" incorrectly.

:fist:

Seventhzealot
11-16-2011, 09:03 AM
You used the word "literally" incorrectly.

:D

Epidemic Reign
11-16-2011, 04:29 PM
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/3/3/1/101331_v1.jpg

xStructualDefect
11-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Listening to Hypocrisy for the first time in a long time. I forgot how fucking awesome this band is.

Epidemic Reign
11-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Listening to Hypocrisy for the first time in a long time. I forgot how fucking awesome this band is.

They just put out a 20th anniversary DVD/double live CD set. "Hell Over Sofia"

I haven't heard it yet but I think it's on Spotify.

dcmetal108
11-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Playing the new Assassins Creed and trying not to cream myself.

ravenheart
11-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Playing the new Assassins Creed and trying not to cream myself.

WANT, but not at current prices.

rjturtle9
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Totally just got laid off from work! This is not good! Never got to use that vacation time :(

Epidemic Reign
11-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Totally just got laid off from work! This is not good! Never got to use that vacation time :(

Shit, sorry to hear that man. I've been there. Did they pay you for the vacation time at least?

MPF
11-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Last night my modem took a shit and died, so I just got a new one earlier today, working even better then before.

My old one lasted me since I was a senior in high school, so it was 5 years. Not too shabby honestly.

larvtard
11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Totally just got fired from my job! This is not good! Never got to use that vacation time :(

Sorry man :(

;)

rjturtle9
11-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Shit, sorry to hear that man. I've been there. Did they pay you for the vacation time at least?

Nope. I was gonna take next week off.

masterguy49
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Had an essay due at midnight last night and 2 tests today. I finished the essay and turned it in by time, but when I tried studying I passed out. I tried again studying in the morning and skipped my class in the morning to study for the tests but it wasn't working. So then my friend gave me her adderall and I wasn't really thinking much so I took 1 at 8am and then another at 12pm to help me study for my tests at 10am and 2pm. They helped unbelievably, it was so amazing. I aced both and I'm positive I wouldn't have without it. Unfortunately there are crazy down sides, like the come down, which is fucking awful, and the fact he takes away all your appetite. I smoke pot to balance those two out though :lol:
In general, I would never do it again unless I'm in desperate need to focus and pass my tests like I was today.

MPF
11-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Tune into my radio show Bitches and guys who are actually cool:

http://www.stickam.com/w3rdradioshow

christopher
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I met the mighty Sepultura69 tonight. It was fucking awesome hanging out with him at the Slide Bar in Fullerton.

treghet
11-18-2011, 12:21 AM
I met the mighty Sepultura69 tonight. It was fucking awesome hanging out with him at the Slide Bar in Fullerton.

Holy shit how did you find him????

christopher
11-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Holy shit how did you find him????

:lol: hahaha I know, right?? I hung out side on the patio right at the entrance to the bar the entire night and he missed me haha. He hit me up saying he was in the concert room, right in front of the stage. I hung outside until the end of Philm's set cause I really didn't care about them, I was just there for the bar cause I had another shitty night. I went in to see Philm right when they played Symptoms of the Universe and another song, then found he found me right after they ended. We talked for a good 20 minutes, then he had to go cause he had work, but it was a great time hanging out. :D

Sepultura69
11-18-2011, 12:43 AM

Fuck yeah man, good times. :rocker:

The highlight of the night for me was early on during Philms set, about 2-3 songs into the set.....Dave Lombarda crosses his arms to catch a little breath before going into the next song..and he looks right into my eyes for like 5 seconds(No Homoe)!!!. Then he proceeds to smile right into my face and I proceeded to scream back at him with "A MAN WITH VERY FEW WORDS TO SAY"...The reason I said that was because Dave Lombardo was pretty much mute through out the entire set during philms performance. I was hoping for a really shitty half assed Slayer Jam session, but oh well. Just being so close to the legendary Drummer of Slayer in such a small intimate little music room was just pure AWESOMENESS, I WAS LITTERALLY MAYBE 10 INCHES AWAY FROM DAVE LOMBARDA!!...I was taking a shitload of pictures of Dave and his awesomely yet Totally un-slayer drum set that he had going on....Also Philm was fucking aweome-sauce. They were really laid back, groovy, pretty much the opposite of Daves other band. Good times. Dave is such a great guy. I'm really glad you reminded me about this show or I would have ended up staying at work till midnight. Thanks chris. :D:party:

moobys37
11-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Just witnessed Dillinger absolutely kill it.

larvtard
11-18-2011, 08:57 PM
so is this Mayhem forum with wine, razor, slap, etc. called Metal Uprising? Because I just applied for membership... :cool:

:eyes:

illuminatus917
11-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I just applied for membership... :cool:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/9214/screenshot20111119at122.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/screenshot20111119at122.png/)

MPF
11-18-2011, 09:48 PM
so is this Mayhem forum with wine, razor, slap, etc. called Metal Uprising? Because I just applied for membership... :cool:

Everything is starting to make sense now....

:lol:

Epidemic Reign
11-19-2011, 01:29 AM
I totally just dissed some dude on Facebook and he "liked" my comment.

What a dumbshit :lol:

brutal_descent
11-19-2011, 11:12 AM
An old friend of mine (female) asked me a few minutes ago for some metal to check out, seemingly wanting to get into it.

...had to restrain myself from including Anaal Nathrakh or Napalm Death! Did put in some CC, ATG, and COB but some post-hardcore and stoner metal to keep it even. I'm sure she'll like the Glassjaw, La Dispute, and Thrice songs I included.

oh, and when I asked her how heavy I could make it (didn't want to freak her out or anything) she sent me a Suicide Silence song :flame:

jd091
11-19-2011, 11:24 AM
An old friend of mine (female) asked me a few minutes ago for some metal to check out, seemingly wanting to get into it.

...had to restrain myself from including Anaal Nathrakh or Napalm Death! Did put in some CC, ATG, and COB but some post-hardcore and stoner metal to keep it even. I'm sure she'll like the Glassjaw, La Dispute, and Thrice songs I included.

oh, and when I asked her how heavy I could make it (didn't want to freak her out or anything) she sent me a Suicide Silence song :flame:

Should have showed her this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0zhXQdmnI0) And included the lyrics!

metallicbrian666
11-19-2011, 11:55 AM
...had to restrain myself from including Anaal Nathrakh or Napalm Death!
Good call

mastodon421
11-19-2011, 12:46 PM
About to leave for Chimaira/Unearth/Skeletonwitch:rocker:

mankvill
11-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Good call

bad call!

idrinkwine732
11-19-2011, 04:37 PM

Run.

street_burial
11-19-2011, 06:21 PM
drinking whiskey, listening to Iced Earth and celebrating another LSU victory :bliss:

street_burial
11-19-2011, 06:23 PM

leave while you can. Get out before the puch bowl comes into play.

jd091
11-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Chicago folk: today is a sad, sad day for our music scene.

The bottom lounge no longer allows crowdsurfing/stagedives.

:(

larvtard
11-19-2011, 06:51 PM
ok, ok, I get it, I won't post on it :tp:

should find some other metal forums, though.

Sepultura69
11-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Amazing video footage from the Philm show that I attended this past week at the Slide bar in Fullerton. Check it out Chris! So fucking awesome to be so damn close next to MOTHA FUCKIN Dave!!!! :rocker:

Dave Lombardo & Philm @ The Slide Bar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5KYD9pHng

christopher
11-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Vodka and carrot juice is bomb!

GarageMetal468
11-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Chicago folk: today is a sad, sad day for our music scene.

The bottom lounge no longer allows crowdsurfing/stagedives.

They couldn't wait til after Overkill to do this? Ok, the Bottom Lounge is now on par with the House of Blues for shittiest venue in Chicago.

MPF
11-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Just recorded a commercial for FM use for the upcoming Devin Townsend show in Eau Claire, WI, December 6th. Once it gets the OK from the promoter it will be on FM and I'll post a link if anyone wants to hear it.

I also may or may not be interviewing Dev and Co. that night. I'll find out this week. :D :D :D

RAZOR
11-19-2011, 10:05 PM

Oh my god why would you do that. :confused:

metallicbrian666
11-20-2011, 05:56 AM
I've never been to the Bottom Lounge but that fucking sucks.

jd091
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I've never been to the Bottom Lounge but that fucking sucks.

Apparently a couple months ago, some guy broke his neck there doing a dive and got paralyzed for life. I was talking with the security guards after, and apparently it's really ugly for them. They could face major legal reprecussions and potentially get sued big time, so they're not really sure of their future. So I understand why they would disallow it... but this sucks for Chicago. The last nice stagediving venue for us.

slapguitarer
11-20-2011, 05:52 PM

That forum is a good time if you ask me. There are a fair amount of good people there. Just don't treat it like a metal forum, because it's not. It's far from that.

SomewhereInTime72
11-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I would personally be happy to see anti-stagediving/crowdsurfing rules made at any place I see shows at. Though it pretty much already is that way for everywhere I go to anyway.

jd091
11-20-2011, 07:01 PM
I would personally be happy to see anti-stagediving/crowdsurfing rules made at any place I see shows at. Though it pretty much already is that way for everywhere I go to anyway.

:tp:

ChildrenofSodom
11-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I'd be in favor of a crowd surfing ban. I came to the show to see the band, not to be constantly looking over my shoulder to catch morons. Also, getting punched/kicked in the back of the head sucks.

BloodoftheKings
11-20-2011, 07:09 PM
I'd be in favor of a crowd surfing ban. I came to the show to see the band, not to be constantly looking over my shoulder to catch morons. Also, getting punched/kicked in the back of the head sucks.

If you don't like crowd surfers then go to the side or to the back.

SomewhereInTime72
11-20-2011, 07:10 PM
yeah some guy that doesnt like fat people landing on his skull, what a weirdo

Maiden33
11-20-2011, 07:19 PM
If you don't like crowd surfers then go to the side or to the back.

Yes, everyone who denounces crowd surfing and has an issue with it should be denied the right to be up front at shows. :tp:

To me this is a similar issue as moshing at inappropriate times, which is probably a far worse issue. I honestly only rarely go to shows where crowd surfing is a real issue (though it gets on my nerves too). The bigger problem lies in the people who insist on trying to start a pit to music that doesn't call for pits, amongst a larger crowd of people who don't want to. I've been at shows where I've nearly been knocked over (I'm 6'3", 300 pounds - this is not an easy thing) because I was caught so off guard because I never would've believed people would be attempting to start a pit. But there's always those 3-5 people who have to try to win the "douchebag of the universe" award. The funny part is that you can usually tell who they're going to be, long before the show starts.

ChildrenofSodom
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
But there's always those 3-5 people who have to try to win the "douchebag of the universe" award. The funny part is that you can usually tell who they're going to be, long before the show starts.

In the words of the immortal Meatloaf, you "took the words right outta my mouth."

SomewhereInTime72
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
I have definitely seen shit where one or two guys is trying to start a mosh pit to a ballad. :lol: :lol:

xStructualDefect
11-20-2011, 07:58 PM
So I guess The Faceless is going on tour with Volumes? Someone said this on the absolutepunk forums.

Guy in volumes just tweeted "want a hint on our next tour? Hope our manager doesn't get mad" with a pic of the faceless' album cover.

Also someone on that board said All Shall Perish is going on tour with Carnifex in March/April.

illuminatus917
11-20-2011, 08:27 PM
That forum is a good time if you ask me. There are a fair amount of good people there. Just don't treat it like a metal forum, because it's not. It's far from that.

I think of it as a social forum with a degree of emphasis on metal. This site is the opposite... a metal forum with a degree of emphasis on social issues.

slapguitarer
11-20-2011, 08:56 PM
I think of it as a social forum with a degree of emphasis on metal. This site is the opposite... a metal forum with a degree of emphasis on social issues.

Yep. I couldn't have said it better.

christopher
11-20-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm trying to study for my multivariable Calculus midterm that I have in 9 hours. I have a bad cold, so the medication is causing me to lose my attention span very quickly. I missed a few classes, so its difficult trying to catch up last minute, especially when the book(from the 70s) makes no sense at all:eyes: It's only on three different concepts, so its not that much to remember.

jd091
11-20-2011, 11:23 PM

Yes, everyone who denounces crowd surfing and has an issue with it should be denied the right to be up front at shows. :tp:

I think people who have a problem with this rule aren't fans of hardcore, or punk in general, which is where this problem mainly comes into play with me. Although I think stagediving is awesome and fun, and I'll gladly stand up front and motion people to come jump on me if I'm not the one diving myself, I think it's an action mainly ingrained into hardcore, not metal (except probably thrash metal, or crazy motherfuckers like Jason Keyser).

Case in point: two of the most fun shows I've ever seen were Dillinger Escape Plan and Terror at the Bottom Lounge. Those are bands that when people come to shows, they come to shows with the mentality that they're gonna get very physical, and everyone respects and enjoys that. You think there's people up front at a small Dillinger Show that didn't know it was gonna be that insane? You think that they are thinking, "boy, the energy, showmanship, and overall fun levels would be better if people weren't allowed to stagedive"? Of course not. It's part of that genre, and everyone knows that. This isn't a prog metal or power metal or black metal show where everyone stand around to listen to music. Yeah, the music's important to listen to, but it's more about the show experience. That's why these bands have such passionate, cult followings at shows. When you limit that form of expression, you limit the energy and craziness that makes those types of shows fun.

Now for my experience at the Bottom Lounge yesterday, part of what makes the Chariot amazing is their craziness at a live show. A lot of "troo metal" guys might not get it; that's fine. That's why you're not up front at their shows. The people up front there know what they're getting, and WANT that to happen. If you don't enjoy that, then yeah, there's plenty of room near the back to stand. Once the venue stopped letting The Chariot stagedive while playing, and stopped the stagedivers, there was a noticeable drop in the intensity and overall fun of the concert. Not that it was bad by any means; it was awesome. It's just that that freedom to be "one" with the crowd, and go crazy in that unique situation separates those shows from ordinary shows, and just makes in a "great" show instead of a "legendary" show.

So: if you have problems with stagediving, then you're probably not a hardcore fan, or just don't understand the genre at all. That's why there are venues like Reggie's, or the House of Blues, where stagediving won't happen. But for us idiots who like to go crazy and get our asses hurt, taking away places that let you do that really hurts the overall scene in my opinon.

MPF
11-20-2011, 11:45 PM
I get the love and need for some people to mosh, Stage dive, Body Surf. As all of you know I personally hate it.

As a music fan first and foremost. i can't see the reason why to go to a show just to beat the shit out of someone else or carry someone over my head. when I can be there for the bands. Watch them, headbang, and show my support by actually listening to the music.

IrritatedTrout
11-21-2011, 01:07 AM

Fucking this.

Hate that bullshit, very glad it only happens at a handful of shows I go to.

metallicbrian666
11-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Apparently a couple months ago, some guy broke his neck there doing a dive and got paralyzed for life. I was talking with the security guards after, and apparently it's really ugly for them. They could face major legal reprecussions and potentially get sued big time, so they're not really sure of their future. So I understand why they would disallow it... but this sucks for Chicago. The last nice stagediving venue for us.
I wasn't aware that the security forces you to stagedive :tp:

People know the risk when they jump. It's his own stupid fault and could've happened anywhere if he would've dove head first off of something.

BloodoftheKings
11-21-2011, 05:18 AM
I think people who have a problem with this rule aren't fans of hardcore, or punk in general, which is where this problem mainly comes into play with me. Although I think stagediving is awesome and fun, and I'll gladly stand up front and motion people to come jump on me if I'm not the one diving myself, I think it's an action mainly ingrained into hardcore, not metal (except probably thrash metal, or crazy motherfuckers like Jason Keyser).

Case in point: two of the most fun shows I've ever seen were Dillinger Escape Plan and Terror at the Bottom Lounge. Those are bands that when people come to shows, they come to shows with the mentality that they're gonna get very physical, and everyone respects and enjoys that. You think there's people up front at a small Dillinger Show that didn't know it was gonna be that insane? You think that they are thinking, "boy, the energy, showmanship, and overall fun levels would be better if people weren't allowed to stagedive"? Of course not. It's part of that genre, and everyone knows that. This isn't a prog metal or power metal or black metal show where everyone stand around to listen to music. Yeah, the music's important to listen to, but it's more about the show experience. That's why these bands have such passionate, cult followings at shows. When you limit that form of expression, you limit the energy and craziness that makes those types of shows fun.

Now for my experience at the Bottom Lounge yesterday, part of what makes the Chariot amazing is their craziness at a live show. A lot of "troo metal" guys might not get it; that's fine. That's why you're not up front at their shows. The people up front there know what they're getting, and WANT that to happen. If you don't enjoy that, then yeah, there's plenty of room near the back to stand. Once the venue stopped letting The Chariot stagedive while playing, and stopped the stagedivers, there was a noticeable drop in the intensity and overall fun of the concert. Not that it was bad by any means; it was awesome. It's just that that freedom to be "one" with the crowd, and go crazy in that unique situation separates those shows from ordinary shows, and just makes in a "great" show instead of a "legendary" show.

So: if you have problems with stagediving, then you're probably not a hardcore fan, or just don't understand the genre at all. That's why there are venues like Reggie's, or the House of Blues, where stagediving won't happen. But for us idiots who like to go crazy and get our asses hurt, taking away places that let you do that really hurts the overall scene in my opinon.

Couldn't have said it better my self.

mankvill
11-21-2011, 05:55 AM
I don't crowd surf, stage dive, etc. whatever.

But if the venue allows it and you're up front and you bitch about it, get the FUCK OUT

DethMaiden
11-21-2011, 06:17 AM

Yeah, all of this. I've never personally done a stage dive but trying to imagine a Fucked Up show without any makes me sad.

Natrlhi
11-21-2011, 06:52 AM
They couldn't wait til after Overkill to do this? Ok, the Bottom Lounge is now on par with the House of Blues for shittiest venue in Chicago.Yeah, fuck those guys for putting a rule in place that, if they didn't do it, they'd probably be shut down (and still might anyway). What a bunch of selfish pricks, only thinking of themselves and shit. :rolleyes:

EDIT: That said, I feel bad for the kid who was injured, but it was likely his own damn fault. Back when I participated in this risky activity - and this is when I was often impaired both in judgement and mental capacity, mind you - I was never stupid enough to jump into a crowd that wasn't so densely packed that there was no fucking way that anyone could get out of the way even if they wanted to. The concrete floor six feet below the stage did not exist for all intents and purposes, because the heads and shoulders and hands of the crowd were all there to prevent me contacting the floor. I've seen idiots jump into a group of ten people expecting to be caught - that's just asking for something bad to happen.

GarageMetal468
11-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah, fuck those guys for putting a rule in place that, if they didn't do it, they'd probably be shut down (and still might anyway). What a bunch of selfish pricks, only thinking of themselves and shit. :rolleyes:

Seeing as how literally NO venue allows stage diving in Chicago and the fact that the Bottom Lounge treats anyone under 21 like shit, it's even more disappointing for them to take away something that helps enhance the live show.

Yes, I understand the situation with the kid who got paralyzed and it sucks, but really, it has to take skill to paralyze yourself from the neck down from stage diving. I can understand a concussion, maybe a broken bone, but paralyzed from the neck down stage diving? The hell, did he jump away from the crowd?

Natrlhi
11-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Have you ever heard of the word "accident"? How about the term "greater good"? No? Thought not.

GarageMetal468
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Have you ever heard of the word "accident"? How about the term "greater good"? No? Thought not.

Uh.... alright then?

Yes I've obviously heard both terms, don't see why assumptions need to be made here. I'm just stating why I think it sucks that crowd surfing/stage diving is banned, but this is from my point of view, which I know isn't the same as everyone elses here.

Yes I realize that in both the short and long run, this will benefit the people that attend shows there because they won't have to worry about people jumping off the stage and landing on top of them, as well as prevent the people that do stage dive/crowd surf from getting themselves into any danger.

GarageMetal468
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Anyway... just one exam tomorrow morning and I'm on Thanksgiving break! :party: Gonna be going to a show/party Wednesday as well, that's going to be a very good night!

Natrlhi
11-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Uh.... alright then?The bit about the word "accident" was in response to your comment about how "it has to take skill to paralyze yourself from the neck down from stage diving". Seriously? You're ripping on him because his stage diving skills are weak? You're claiming that the story is false, or exaggerated, perhaps? What is your actual point here - and more importantly, what does it have to do with the fact that the venue is merely doing what they have to do in order to keep the doors open? Which leads me to my second point about the "greater good" - would you rather they closed down the venue altogether?

The bottom line is that you claimed that the place is now a total shithole just because they are taking necessary steps to stay in business - and all because you don't get to stage dive there anymore. That's a bit harsh - and self-centered - if you ask me.

GarageMetal468
11-21-2011, 10:41 AM
The bit about the word "accident" was in response to your comment about how "it has to take skill to paralyze yourself from the neck down from stage diving". Seriously? You're ripping on him because his stage diving skills are weak? You're claiming that the story is false, or exaggerated, perhaps? What is your actual point here - and more importantly, what does it have to do with the fact that the venue is merely doing what they have to do in order to keep the doors open? Which leads me to my second point about the "greater good" - would you rather they closed down the venue altogether?

The bottom line is that you claimed that the place is now a total shithole just because they are taking necessary steps to stay in business - and all because you don't get to stage dive there anymore. That's a bit harsh - and self-centered - if you ask me.

I'm not saying the place is now a total shithole, it was before because the sound (especially for opening bands) sucks, and they treat anyone there that's under 21 like shit. I'm not exaggerating anything here. Not to mention that because of curfew on weekdays, they start bands earlier than scheduled, even before doors open. The Bottom Lounge blows, a lot of my friends that I go to shows with can back me up on this.

What I mean about the accident part is that I have never heard a story of someone getting paralyzed from the neck down by stage diving, so it seemed weird as hell to me. I'm not saying anything is false or overexaggerated or whatever. Legal action had to be taken after the incident so it's very understandable why they took stage diving/crowd surfing away.

In all honesty, I hate the Bottom Lounge to begin with. Ever since I went there for the first time 2 years ago. I'm just disappointed that they took away something that was fun (yet dangerous, I understand that) that no other venue had. But it was for a legitimate reason, so it's not something to get really pissed off about. So yes, I'd rather have it shut down altogether as long as another venue such as Reggies (cool staff/security, ins and outs, good sound, etc.) would take it's place. Stage diving/crowd surfing not necessary, would be nice, but the other aspects of Reggies I stated before are very important parts of a good venue.

larvtard
11-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I've noticed that too - why do the headliners/touring bands always sound soooo much better than the openers?

mastodon421
11-21-2011, 11:19 AM
I've noticed that too - why do the headliners/touring bands always sound soooo much better than the openers?

That's a great question. At the Unearth show on Saturday, the first local opener had horrendous sound. But then the second one and the four bands on the tour had great sound. Doesn't make any fucking sense.

DethMaiden
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm not saying the place is now a total shithole, it was before because the sound (especially for opening bands) sucks, and they treat anyone there that's under 21 like shit. I'm not exaggerating anything here. Not to mention that because of curfew on weekdays, they start bands earlier than scheduled, even before doors open. The Bottom Lounge blows, a lot of my friends that I go to shows with can back me up on this.

What I mean about the accident part is that I have never heard a story of someone getting paralyzed from the neck down by stage diving, so it seemed weird as hell to me. I'm not saying anything is false or overexaggerated or whatever. Legal action had to be taken after the incident so it's very understandable why they took stage diving/crowd surfing away.

In all honesty, I hate the Bottom Lounge to begin with. Ever since I went there for the first time 2 years ago. I'm just disappointed that they took away something that was fun (yet dangerous, I understand that) that no other venue had. But it was for a legitimate reason, so it's not something to get really pissed off about. So yes, I'd rather have it shut down altogether as long as another venue such as Reggies (cool staff/security, ins and outs, good sound, etc.) would take it's place. Stage diving/crowd surfing not necessary, would be nice, but the other aspects of Reggies I stated before are very important parts of a good venue.

It does suck that a lot of the good Chicago shows always get booked for the Bottom Lounge, which has inferior sound and metal show atmosphere to Reggie's.

dcmetal108
11-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Got some homework to do.

While doing it I will listen to KISS ALIVE!

dcmetal108
11-21-2011, 11:34 AM
This deserves a new post :

Here's my thoughts on the whole Bottomlounge / stage diving thing.

For one thing it is stupid that they enforce that rule now because like JD said some shows HAVE TO have it. I mean at least kinda pretend like they enforce the rule until the lawsuit or whatever is over. I mean Bottomlounge is going to lose business from bands that come there knowing that they don't have rules because of it. Just off the top of my head we know Terror, DEP, Chariot, etc won't play there again.

Also its one of those things just like at House Of Blues where they play it saying that you SHOULDN'T crowdsurf , mosh , etc but when it happens they let it happen unless someone is getting hurt to a extreme. Its one of those things like stated that your at the show and you know whats going to happen and you should know what to do and what not to do. I mean yes I feel bad for the guy but there had to a outside force or something because you just don't break you neck doing it. He had to do something wrong.

Also doesn't Bottomlounge have a sign stating what not to do and that it's your own risk? I mean the least a venue could do (including Reggies) is state during certain shows that crowdsurfing and stagediving is allowed or happening.

Because at this point Mojoes is the only venue that still lets you. Not only does it suck now but it will hurt bands and fans together because bands won't want to play in Chicago because of the rule (Terror I'm looking at you).

John The Drummer
11-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I just orded a Hells Headbangers 5 CD for $35 pack, a Sadistic Intent hoodie, an Impiety CD and an Immolation CD off of amazon, going to Mayhem tomorrow, and getting a new tattoo this Friday....... and my Dad says "Hey, do you mind paying a majority of the car insurance this time around?" WTF!? *rageface*

treghet
11-21-2011, 01:10 PM

Thank you for posting this. Pretty much says everything I would have wanted to post.

xStructualDefect
11-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Agreed great post by JD. Agree with everything you said.

jd091
11-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Couldn't have said it better my self.

Yeah, all of this. I've never personally done a stage dive but trying to imagine a Fucked Up show without any makes me sad.

Thank you for posting this. Pretty much says everything I would have wanted to post.

Agreed great post by JD. Agree with everything you said.

Thanks, guys.

This deserves a new post :

Here's my thoughts on the whole Bottomlounge / stage diving thing.

For one thing it is stupid that they enforce that rule now because like JD said some shows HAVE TO have it. I mean at least kinda pretend like they enforce the rule until the lawsuit or whatever is over. I mean Bottomlounge is going to lose business from bands that come there knowing that they don't have rules because of it. Just off the top of my head we know Terror, DEP, Chariot, etc won't play there again.

Also its one of those things just like at House Of Blues where they play it saying that you SHOULDN'T crowdsurf , mosh , etc but when it happens they let it happen unless someone is getting hurt to a extreme. Its one of those things like stated that your at the show and you know whats going to happen and you should know what to do and what not to do. I mean yes I feel bad for the guy but there had to a outside force or something because you just don't break you neck doing it. He had to do something wrong.

Also doesn't Bottomlounge have a sign stating what not to do and that it's your own risk? I mean the least a venue could do (including Reggies) is state during certain shows that crowdsurfing and stagediving is allowed or happening.

Because at this point Mojoes is the only venue that still lets you. Not only does it suck now but it will hurt bands and fans together because bands won't want to play in Chicago because of the rule (Terror I'm looking at you).

Honestly, if the Bottom Lounge shuts down stagediving now, I'll totally understand. It's not unwarranted. But I'll still be pretty sad deep down inside.

dcmetal108
11-21-2011, 04:25 PM
I mean I understand why but it kills it for people then. We need a new no rules metal venue now!

I still feel like the guy plays a huge part in it.

GarageMetal468
11-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I mean I understand why but it kills it for people then. We need a new no rules metal venue now!

We have many, it's called "Do It Yourself" venues ;)

Actually, if you want info about a certain show at one of these venues coming up very soon, PM me.

Maiden33
11-21-2011, 10:41 PM
So, I was supposed to play an acoustic show tonight... But after we loaded up our entire PA (power mixer, 2 speakers, 2 monitors, 2 microphones, 2 stands, and all the cables) and my guitar, and drove the 20+ minutes down to the venue... we found out that there was a misunderstanding and they double-booked the night... So my sister left with half the gear, but my friend and I stayed at the bar and had a few drinks. The guy who was supposed to play showed up, played 2 songs and apparently his "equipment malfunctioned" and he had to leave. What a waste of effort and a night.

christopher
11-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Exhumed for free was fucking amazing tonight!! I had such a good night. I then watched a few hours of That 70s Show. Now I'm going to pass out drunk. Good night Metal Setlists Land.

dcmetal108
11-22-2011, 12:52 PM
We have many, it's called "Do It Yourself" venues ;)

Actually, if you want info about a certain show at one of these venues coming up very soon, PM me.

I might take you up on that offer! :D:finger:

larvtard
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I might take you up on that offer! :D:finger:

why are you flipping him off :confused:

Epidemic Reign
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM
why are you flipping him off :confused:

MPF
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Just scored an interview with either Devin Townsend, Dave Young, or Ryan Van Poderooyen. I should be finding out later tonight or tomorrow, then I set things up for my first radio interview ever.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

JRA
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
I just saw a commercial for the new Assassin's Creed featuring Rakim. Yes, THAT Rakim. #dafuck? #Imeanitscoolandshitbut

#dafuuuuuuuck??

MPF
11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Confirmed!

I'll be interviewing Ryan Van Poderooyen. Possibly Monday night to be aired Tuesday night during my show.

Epidemic Reign
11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Who's he?

makethemsuffer12
11-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Who's he?

Devin Townsend's drummer.

MPF
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Who's he?

The drummer of the Devin Townsend Project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u41nMEmJuo&feature=related

John The Drummer
11-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Ask him....

"If there was a gun pointed to your head, would you rather suck a plain dick or a buttered dick?"

MPF
11-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Ask him....

"If there was a gun pointed to your head, would you rather suck a plain dick or a buttered dick?"

Take it you're not a fan? :tongue:

John The Drummer
11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Take it you're not a fan? :tongue:

ITS A SRS QUESTION, BRO :eyes:
(me and my friends went thru a couple pitchers of beer discussing which would be better to do.....)

But to answer you, I am a fan :D
Is he the drummer that Devin toured with last year? He played great!

MPF
11-22-2011, 03:37 PM
ITS A SRS QUESTION, BRO :eyes:
(me and my friends went thru a couple pitchers of beer discussing which would be better to do.....)

But to answer you, I am a fan :D
Is he the drummer that Devin toured with last year? He played great!

Well in the words of Chris Rock....

I prefer Syrup. When you are sucking dick, you can pretend it's something else. When you're eating ass, you know you're eating ass. :lol:

Yup, that's him RVP has been with Dev since Accelerated Evolution. I've been friends with him online since Synchestra, and actually hung out with him for the first time back in July opening for Children Of Bodom. December 6th will be the 3rd time we've hung out this year. hahaha.

The great thing about interviewing Ryan as my first interview is that since we are friends, I don't have to be stuck with the normal shitty questions. I can actually ask him questions he will care about.

John The Drummer
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice! That definitely makes interviews much easier when you know them personally, its just like having a normal conversation with them.

MPF
11-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Absolutely. My first interview was originally going to be with the band, Four Year Strong, (Then they backed out of the interview the night before since their van was broken down on the way to the St. Paul show and were not ready to do an interview apparently.

Ryan's wanted to do it since he heard I was doing a radio show now but everything had to be done by the books. I'll still be able to hang out with him and everyone else at the show after the show. Dev is still the most gracious musician I have ever met in my life.

I do plan on making the interview readily available in case people can't tune in a week from tonight at 9pm central. And since this Eau Claire show was just booked last week. It needs all the promotion it can get.

xStructualDefect
11-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Speaking of Four Year Strong, their new album is very good. It's very different from their other stuff, but I love it. Listen to the song below. I really can't explain how it sounds. Rock that's very aggressive with pop-punk and hardcore influences? I don't know. Take a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn2lO4pZfLk

dcmetal108
11-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Trying to make a 2011 top list but realizing I've heard too much and don't remember it all so its more like top 27 or so.

slapguitarer
11-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Trying to make a 2011 top list but realizing I've heard too much and don't remember it all so its more like top 27 or so.

Go back and re-listen? :confused:

dcmetal108
11-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Go back and re-listen? :confused:

I'm going to try to but I listen to so many new albums from not only 2011 but all over every week that its difficult lol.

I already have my top 30 list for this year so its all good.

But now I'm watching Storytellers Foo Fighters.

BloodoftheKings
11-22-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm gonna make a music video for the safety dance for a school project. This should be fun.

GarageMetal468
11-23-2011, 06:29 AM
So last night there was yet another shooting right by my university, and a student of the university got shot... and killed. To top it all off, it was over an argument at a party. This is fucking ridiculous. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

ChildrenofSodom
11-23-2011, 10:19 AM
If anyone here knows how to colorize B&W photos, I'd appreciate some help: I want to colorize these two pics as an x-mas gift to my grandpa. The first is him in Chu Lai, Vietnam. The second is his dad, my great grandpa, around WWII. http://imgur.com/a/0RpjL

dcmetal108
11-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Eating pizza rolls and watching How I Met Your Mother.

slapguitarer
11-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Got my Dwellings pre-order.

Arthur says hi.

treghet
11-23-2011, 08:21 PM
If anyone here knows how to colorize B&W photos, I'd appreciate some help: I want to colorize these two pics as an x-mas gift to my grandpa. The first is him in Chu Lai, Vietnam. The second is his dad, my great grandpa, around WWII. http://imgur.com/a/0RpjL

You may want to get that done professionally. I don't think it would cost much anyway. Even the Walgreens by my house offers it.

Dextrimental
11-24-2011, 04:17 AM
My laptop charger finally arrived, I'm back again, properly! Been a long month, but the move is finished, and life is getting to some sort of normality, currently looking for a job/course to do until college applications are being taken..!

Travis The Dragon
11-24-2011, 12:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HfY0V.jpg

christopher
11-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm waiting for my grandma to get here for out Thanksgiving "lunch" we are having. My mom made Thanksgiving enchiladas and stuffing :lol:

RAZOR
11-24-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm getting ready to go to my cousins house for my third and final Thanksgiving dinner. My cousin has never made Thanksgiving dinner before, worked until 4, and is expecting 17 people (a majority of which do not get along) in her tiny, tiny apartment. It's gonna be fun. :lol:

300%_Density
11-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Getting ready to meet girlfriends parents for the first time. Woooooo. Took a shot of jaeger before I left :cool:

christopher
11-24-2011, 12:59 PM
I ate way too much in the last 30 minutes! I'm glad my grandma, who lives next door, is the only one who came over now so I can nap off my stomach pain :lol:

slapguitarer
11-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't know half of the people in my house right now :eyes:

But I guess that's every year at Thanksgiving...

Crionics
11-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Check out me stage diving at 1:13 and 1:21 :party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJEy-ld3yz4

ravenheart
11-25-2011, 07:26 AM

I'd definitely look into getting this done pro. I've looked into how to do it manually and it's a pretty fiddly process. You pretty much end up painting the colours you think it should be into the correct places, rather than deciphering the shades of grey and extrapolating a colour from it.

El Gordo
11-25-2011, 10:04 AM
I'd definitely look into getting this done pro. I've looked into how to do it manually and it's a pretty fiddly process. You pretty much end up painting the colours you think it should be into the correct places, rather than deciphering the shades of grey and extrapolating a colour from it.

Yes. I had to do this when I was in college for graphic design. It's a very tedious process and if you choose the wrong colour you'll end up making your grandpa look like a clown or an oompa-loompa!

ChildrenofSodom
11-25-2011, 10:14 AM
I've got 3 people who did it for free online. The colors are different, but it was free and looks good.

ravenheart
11-25-2011, 10:58 AM
I've got 3 people who did it for free online. The colors are different, but it was free and looks good.

So they just did the process I just described. Fair enough.

ChildrenofSodom
11-25-2011, 11:57 AM
The internet is an awesome thing haha. Anonymous people doing favors for anonymous people.

rjturtle9
11-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Totally at the Vektor release show!!!!

mankvill
11-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Totally at the Vektor release show!!!!

you're a jerk because you won't get me a copy of Outer Isolation :bouville:

slapguitarer
11-25-2011, 06:49 PM
I played GTA IV pretty much all day.

MPF
11-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Just posted this in the Black Friday thread, but it fits here too:

I'm really bummed. I just beat Gears Of War 3 in 10 hours. Either I'm that good. or the game was too short. Regardless it was a fun game. Well worth 8 dollars.

rjturtle9
11-25-2011, 08:17 PM
you're a jerk because you won't get me a copy of Outer Isolation :bouville:

Nigga I'm broke! If I had money to give away I would but yeah. Sorry baby.

mankvill
11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Nigga I'm broke! If I had money to give away I would but yeah. Sorry baby.

;_; tell them it's a complimentary copy for the Kansas chapter of the Vektor Army!

mankvill
11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Just posted this in the Black Friday thread, but it fits here too:

Gears 3 is best when done in co-op on the highest difficulty. :lovedup:

christopher
11-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I just set up my PS3 gamer tag. Its stringviolence if anyone wants to add me.

MPF
11-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Gears 3 is best when done in co-op on the highest difficulty. :lovedup:

I don't have a router so I can only play single player, offline.

#iamtheoncepercent

ravenheart
11-26-2011, 08:02 AM
I don't have a router so I can only play single player, offline.

#iamtheoncepercent

I hate everything about online gaming.

#iamthepointonepercent ;)

Maiden33
11-26-2011, 08:49 AM
I hate everything about online gaming.

#iamthepointonepercent ;)

I'm pretty sure you're the "point one percent" in regards to pretty much everything. :tongue:

ravenheart
11-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm pretty sure you're the "point one percent" in regards to pretty much everything. :tongue:

Probably true more often than it isn't ;)

treghet
11-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Going to go hangout with a friend and then go see Mayhem. :D

Seventhzealot
11-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Checking out the new Altar of Plagues.

christopher
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I just found out Indian is playing a show tonight at a bar in LA for $5. I missed the Circle One show, so I'm going to head out in a few hours to catch some sick doom :rocker:

MPF
11-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Just got invited to do a special 40 minute set on Minnesota's most legendary Metal radio show, The Root Of All Evil. They have been one of the biggest Metal radio shows for 25 years. I am so excited to be apart of it.

For you night owls like me (I know you're out there), The show starts at 1am until 6am. My segment that night will start at 1:30am.

You can stream it from kfai.org and is available anytime after the show for 2 weeks! SO even if you're not up Christmas night drinking Egg Nog, you can listen after.

Seventhzealot
11-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Just got invited to do a special 40 minute set on Minnesota's most legendary Metal radio show, The Root Of All Evil. They have been one of the biggest Metal radio shows for 25 years. I am so excited to be apart of it.

For you night owls like me (I know you're out there), The show starts at 1am until 6am. My segment that night will start at 1:30am.

You can stream it from kfai.org and is available anytime after the show for 2 weeks! SO even if you're not up Christmas night drinking Egg Nog, you can listen after.

That's cool man. What day does it start on?

MPF
11-26-2011, 09:09 PM
That's cool man. What day does it start on?

Christmas Night (That Saturday Night, Sunday Morning, depending on how you look at things.) at 1:30am central.

I just got done making a possible playlist that covers everything that I play in Metal. I'm really damn excited about it.

Seventhzealot
11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Christmas Night (That Saturday Night, Sunday Morning, depending on how you look at things.) at 1:30am central.

I just got done making a possible playlist that covers everything that I play in Metal. I'm really damn excited about it.

I'm in town over winter break studying so I guess I will be staying up late and tuning in. Looking forward to it :rocker:

MPF
11-26-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm in town over winter break studying so I guess I will be staying up late and tuning in. Looking forward to it :rocker:

NICE! :rocker:

Yeah it's 90.3 in St. Paul and 106.7 in Minneapolis. I'm super excited about it.

To get an idea of what I play, there is this thread: http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18022

christopher
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
I stayed home and missed Indian :( I've been trying to catch up on a shit ton of missed computer science labs/assignments. I hate computer science :hmm:

Butcher of Birth
11-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Was too tired to post this here last night:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/317291_10150481328278115_612163114_10424315_110622 9461_n.jpg

Crionics
11-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Was too tired to post this here last night:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/317291_10150481328278115_612163114_10424315_110622 9461_n.jpg

:party:

Seventhzealot
11-27-2011, 10:06 AM
NICE! :rocker:

Yeah it's 90.3 in St. Paul and 106.7 in Minneapolis. I'm super excited about it.

To get an idea of what I play, there is this thread: http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18022

I'm digging that playlist. I think it adequately portrays a lot of genres and sub-genres. Nice work!

GarageMetal468
11-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I was putting new strings on my guitar and for the 2nd highest string, I was cutting the excess string off and somehow cut the string in half...

:mad:

El Gordo
11-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I was putting new strings on my guitar and for the 2nd highest string, I was cutting the excess string off and somehow cut the string in half...

:mad:

:lol: How?!

GarageMetal468
11-27-2011, 12:59 PM
:lol: How?!

At first I was asking myself how I did it... and now I just snapped the highest string putting that one on. Turns out I'm putting them on WAY too tight so they snap. Damn, well I hope I can get individual strings. If not then string packs are only like $5 so it's not bad.

TonyD
11-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Went to a kids place that's a room full of trampolines late last night.
Taco Bell ensued after, and some bros that are 4-5 years older than me and my friends that we kind of knew from a metal core-y band a few years back came in. I was wearing my Blood Mountain sweater and I didn't hear but apparently they started talking about how Mastodon is gay and whatnot kind of loudly so we could hear. When one of them from the band walked by our table one of my friends said "hey you were in that band" and made them look like cocks. Sadly, he didn't say they reminded him of Mastodon.

MPF
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm digging that playlist. I think it adequately portrays a lot of genres and sub-genres. Nice work!

Thanks man. That's the idea behind my show is to play as much diverse Rock and Metal as I can, and not repeating any bands (Outside specialty shows) for as long as I can (I'll run to be 2012, 10 bands a week will do that to you, haha)

But it should be a great time live.

DethMaiden
11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Fuck, the night adviser at the IDS died today. He was only like 50. One of the nicest guys on the planet. I worked with him every single day. This sucks. :(

Natrlhi
11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
I stayed home and missed Indianhttp://troll.me/images/arnold-angry/you-son-of-a-bitch.jpg

JRA
11-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Fuck, the night adviser at the IDS died today. He was only like 50. One of the nicest guys on the planet. I worked with him every single day. This sucks. :(

:eek: :(

GarageMetal468
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Just got back from Korpiklaani/Arkona. Korpiklaani were cool and fun but Arkona definitely stole the show! If there's a set on setlist.fm I'll post it and review, but overall I'm glad I went to this show. Also saw llama lom there, that was cool as well.

MPF
11-28-2011, 03:14 AM
From the Real Fail Files of my Facebook Wall:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/376069_10150977162990459_629590458_21730805_133999 2605_n.jpg

*I added the last comment, LOL*

ravenheart
11-28-2011, 03:48 AM
*I added the last comment, LOL*

And you're dead on. I've been saying that for years.

Not that I'd have known the lyrics to the song either :eyes:

ChildrenofSodom
11-28-2011, 04:25 AM
PREACH IT! http://www.sermons4kids.com/practice_preach.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
11-28-2011, 09:32 AM
"the beetles"

Natrlhi
11-28-2011, 10:44 AM
"the beetles"I noticed that, too. What is this, a fucking entomology class?!?

ChildrenofSodom
11-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that was bugging me too.

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/troll-face-high-resolution.png

street_burial
11-28-2011, 12:09 PM
about go to applebee's then the liquor store :bliss:

larvtard
11-28-2011, 12:18 PM
liquor store :bliss:

jelly... pick me up some spiced rum, K? :cool:

Natrlhi
11-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, that was bugging me too.http://karenknowsbest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Youre-an-idiot.jpg

street_burial
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
jelly... pick me up some spiced rum, K? :cool:

are you 21?

larvtard
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
are you 21?

no, that's why I asked you :hecho:

ravenheart
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
When photographing metal becomes like photographing Venom from Spider-man:

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/amorphis271111-18.jpg

Natrlhi
11-28-2011, 12:50 PM
^ Looks kinda like the lead vocalist from Batillus. That's the second post about them I've made in five minutes. Looks like somebody's trying to tell me I need to get that damn gig report up soon. :D

treghet
11-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Got home and found a nice package on the doorstep...

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/3fe0b233379282d57d170383b3b23ed1.jpg

street_burial
11-28-2011, 01:20 PM
no, that's why I asked you :hecho:

weellllll i guess just this once :tongue:

Seventhzealot
11-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Off to work-out now. This week's been a bad one gym-wise :(

mankvill
11-28-2011, 02:07 PM
weellllll i guess just this once :tongue:

don't do it, he's an alcoholic

larvtard
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM

I'M A PERSON JUST LIKE YOU
BUT I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO
THEN SIT AROUND AND FUCK MY HEAD
I'VE GOT STRAIGHT-EDGE

BloodoftheKings
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
I'VE GOT STRAIGHT-EDGE

You tell me you like the taste
YOU JUST NEED AN EXCUSE!
You tell me it calms your nerves
YOU JUST THINK IT LOOKS COOL!
You tell me you want to be different
YOU JUST CHANGE FOR THE SAME!
You tell me it's only natural
YOU JUST NEED THE PROOF!
DID YOU FUCKING GET IT?

mankvill
11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I'VE GOT STRAIGHT-EDGE

street_burial
11-28-2011, 03:09 PM

the way i see it, if theyre old enough to drive then they're old enough to smoke and drink and make their own mistakes.

GarageMetal468
11-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Good news: Got the other 2 strings on my guitar without any problems! :party:

Bad news: Finals are next week, I only have 2 but they are going to be awful. Plus I'm gonna be working on this pain in the ass accounting project all day tomorrow. :hecho:

christopher
11-28-2011, 05:59 PM
I'VE GOT STRAIGHT-EDGE

Drink drink drink
Drink some more
Drink drink drink
Until I'm on the floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCb4QKZo8F0)

:realchug:

larvtard
11-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Drink drink drink
Drink some more
Drink drink drink
Until I'm on the floor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCb4QKZo8F0)

:realchug:

Gotta say I prefer the message of this one :fist:

christopher
11-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Gotta say I prefer the message of this one :fist:

:lol: That was always the drinking song for my friends back in the day

jd091
11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Youth Crew? Psssh.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51OMsEUnN1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

dcmetal108
11-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Just got back from seeing The Muppets in theater for the second time in 3 days. Its a flawless movie and I love it uncontrollably. For anyone that thinks I'm kidding I'm not.

BloodoftheKings
11-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Just got back from seeing The Muppets in theater for the second time in 3 days. Its a flawless movie and I love it uncontrollably. For anyone that thinks I'm kidding I'm not.

I agree 100%. That movie was just perfect. It deserves to win best picture.

BloodoftheKings
11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
I don't know where it is but wherever this picture was taken has got to be the greatest record store ever.

http://i.imgur.com/ddAnf.jpg

MPF
11-29-2011, 01:27 AM
I just got done editing my 24 minute interview with Ryan Van Poderooyen (Drummer for the Devin Townsend Project).

Anyone wanna check it out?

ravenheart
11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
I just got done editing my 24 minute interview with Ryan Van Poderooyen (Drummer for the Devin Townsend Project).

Anyone wanna check it out?

Can you edit my Mike LePond (Symphony X) and Ol Drake/Ben Carter (Evile) ones for me? Ta.

MPF
11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Can you edit my Mike LePond (Symphony X) and Ol Drake/Ben Carter (Evile) ones for me? Ta.

If you are interested. I can't do it today (Well not for at least another 12-18 hours) I gotta make a brand new show showcasing Devin Townsend and RVP's side project, Terror Syndrome, to have the interview wrap around.

I originally wanted to play the show I had all recorded today, but since this interview is 27 minutes long, it can't be done, so I'm making a very fast show to make it fit. Then I gotta get some sleep.

I'm pulling a South Park ala doing a show in under 24 hours.

ravenheart
11-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Oh, that kind of editing :eyes:

MPF
11-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Oh, that kind of editing :eyes:

WEll that was for my show.

The interview that I'll be posting soon , the editing involved for that was getting with of the dead air space and getting the right EQ.

I will admit there was a major fuck up during the interview where at 6:40 mark the internet connection we used for the interview dropped out and we had to go old school over the phone through a mixer after about a 10 minute trial and error failure, but I will say the quality actually improved after this happened.

I will post it when I wake up, so more people will see it. Give it it's own thread.

street_burial
11-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Going to try to get into Russian Circles. Where should i start?

jd091
11-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Going to try to get into Russian Circles. Where should i start?

Station was the first album I listened to, but all their stuff is pretty incredible. You can't go wrong wherever you go.

Natrlhi
11-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Going to try to get into Russian Circles. Where should i start?As the resident Russian Circles expert / fanboy, I'll go ahead and field this one... ;)

You might as well start at the beginning and work your way through their catalog chronologically, because IMO their albums are all quite good and difficult to rate against one another, as evidenced by the following posts. :D

I was just thinking about this the other day, and:

Enter = Station = Geneva

How's that for non-committal post of the year?

I couldn't rank Russian Circles' albums either.

Time for an update.

Enter = Station = Geneva = Empros

larvtard
11-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Bought a longsleeve from IndieMerchStore on Friday, but I didn't know I had to actually enter a discount, and they won't apply the discount for me now :bouville:

Natrlhi
11-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Bought a longsleeve from IndieMerchStore on Friday, but I didn't know I had to actually enter a discount, and they won't apply the discount for me now :bouville:http://pulpfactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/when-life-sucks.jpg

street_burial
11-29-2011, 10:00 AM
As the resident Russian Circles expert / fanboy, I'll go ahead and field this one... ;)

You might as well start at the beginning and work your way through their catalog chronologically, because IMO their albums are all quite good and difficult to rate against one another, as evidenced by the following posts. :D

dcmetal108
11-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Writing my top 2011 list and listening to Korn's new cd.

MPF
11-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Writing my top 2011 list and listening to Korn's new cd.

This Will Not End Well

:tongue:

Seventhzealot
11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Still working on my 'Top 25 Metal albums of the year' list. Have another 5-6 CDs to listen to after which I should pretty much fixate on my 25 although I have a pretty good idea who might end up top of the pile :light:

dcmetal108
11-29-2011, 03:47 PM
This Will Not End Well

:tongue:

hahaha in a quick review of Korns cd :

it sucks :tongue:

street_burial
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I decided im going to start saving money and move to Scotland in 2013

mankvill
11-29-2011, 04:48 PM
"Saliva Soaked Shit" is such a good song title

slapguitarer
11-29-2011, 04:53 PM
I sent in my applications to Sonoma State University and San Jose State University.

GarageMetal468
11-29-2011, 05:19 PM
"Saliva Soaked Shit" is such a good song title

Doesn't beat "Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery" ;)

dcmetal108
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Wrapping christmas presents while watching my "best of the colbert show" dvd.

christopher
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Looks like I'm going to fail computer science unless I somehow master it in a week and get 100% on the final:hecho: I got a 5% on my quiz yesterday. I thought I knew what I was doing, but apparently I don't :( It sucks cause its a class required for my major.

GarageMetal468
11-29-2011, 06:41 PM
So when working out today I got god awful heartburn from a skillet I had earlier. Like, really bad heartburn, I was in awful pain, had to cut my routine short and passed out when I got home. But the weirdest thing about it is that the same exact thing happened a year ago on this very day. How do I remember it? I remember that last year on this day Blind Guardian was in Chicago and I had decided to go at the last second, but I got really sick from the heartburn then and couldn't make it. Freakin weird that this happened, of all days...

slapguitarer
11-29-2011, 06:52 PM
So when working out today I got god awful heartburn from a skillet I had earlier. Like, really bad heartburn, I was in awful pain, had to cut my routine short and passed out when I got home. But the weirdest thing about it is that the same exact thing happened a year ago on this very day. How do I remember it? I remember that last year on this day Blind Guardian was in Chicago and I had decided to go at the last second, but I got really sick from the heartburn then and couldn't make it. Freakin weird that this happened, of all days...

It's an omen

GarageMetal468
11-29-2011, 06:54 PM
It's an omen

... don't have skillets before I work out? Don't ever plan on seeing Blind Guardian? :confused:

dcmetal108
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Writing a review for Planetary Duality - The Faceless for my site and realizing that no one has commented on my top 15 of 2011 thread.

mankvill
11-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Writing a review for Planetary Duality - The Faceless for my site and realizing that no one has commented on my top 15 of 2011 thread.

...that's not a 2011 album!

BloodoftheKings
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
There's this girl that's been stalking me lately and I didn't mind it at first but it's getting pretty annoying. I have no interest in this girl since she's a freshman and not very good looking. She tries to talk to me on facebook but I ignore her for the most part and now she got my email address and she's sending me emails just saying "hi" and shit and now she's raping my inbox with more emails that say "Why are you ignoring my messages?". I wan't to get this girl off my back but I don't want to be mean.

slapguitarer
11-29-2011, 07:42 PM
There's this girl that's been stalking me lately and I didn't mind it at first but it's getting pretty annoying. I have no interest in this girl since she's a freshman and not very good looking. She tries to talk to me on facebook but I ignore her for the most part and now she got my email address and she's sending me emails just saying "hi" and shit and now she's raping my inbox with more emails that say "Why are you ignoring my messages?". I wan't to get this girl off my back but I don't want to be mean.

Fake your own death and start a new life in South Africa.

illuminatus917
11-29-2011, 07:47 PM

Excellent suggestion. Just don't live in Cape Town (I have a buddy from there and he says it's pretty rough). Live up in the mountains somewhere, maybe in a cave... live off the land.

BloodoftheKings
11-29-2011, 07:49 PM

:lol: that's a great idea.

brutal_descent
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
It's an omen

What instantly came to mind:

http://alt-zone.com/uploads/posts/2009-01/1232961007_folder.jpg

Maiden33
11-29-2011, 07:59 PM
My sister and I competed in the final round of the Lehigh Valley Acoustic Performers contest tonight, and we won! We will now play in the finals next Tuesday, competing against 3 other acts for $500 cash, an $800 acoustic-electric Martin guitar, 8 hours of recording time at the studio where we're already recording our full-length album, and an assortment of other gift cards. Not to mention the respect of having won this competition. I'm a huge combination of nervous and excited.

slapguitarer
11-29-2011, 08:07 PM
That's awesome! :party:

orlandodavis
11-29-2011, 08:36 PM

You ate a frying pan?

jd091
11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Sup bros. Just had my 3rd kidney stone today. No big deal.

mankvill
11-29-2011, 09:41 PM

*rubs* feel better, jd-san ; 3;

treghet
11-29-2011, 10:02 PM

I hope I never have one of those. Do you know when you're going to pass one or does it just hit you all of the sudden?

xStructualDefect
11-29-2011, 10:03 PM

I lol'd.

MPF
11-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Too soon?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16443_171289258339_664303339_2741035_2753533_n.jpg

OraclesofAgony
11-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Skyrim came out at the worst possible time. I'm so fucked for my Finals next week.

christopher
11-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Skyrim came out at the worst possible time. I'm so fucked for my Finals next week.

:lol: that sucks

OraclesofAgony
11-30-2011, 01:04 AM
:lol: that sucks

Well Skyrim isn't really the problem. The fact that I fucking hate my major and don't know what I'm doing anymore is the problem really haha. But Skyrim certainly isn't helping.

IrritatedTrout
11-30-2011, 01:22 AM
That's a bummer. I fucking hate my minor and I'm over here in Europe studying it.:hmm: Only 3 weeks till I get to come home and forget German forever though!:party:

ravenheart
11-30-2011, 01:42 AM
That's a bummer. I fucking hate my minor and I'm over here in Europe studying it.:hmm: Only 3 weeks till I get to come home and forget German forever though!:party:

Forgetting a language partially learnt at school is a very relieving experience :)

IrritatedTrout
11-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Forgetting a language partially learnt at school is a very relieving experience :)

It's you, so I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.:lol:

I wish I enjoyed it enough to stick with it but I've found that foreign language just isn't my thing. I do decently in the beginner classes (the only ones I'd taken when I decided on the minor:hecho:) but even the intermediate stuff just blows my mind. The country itself has been pretty cool to see though.

MPF
11-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Some of you guys saw the thread, other didn't so I'll post it here too. My interview with Ryan Van Poederooyen (Drummer Of The Devin Townsend Project)

http://soundcloud.com/jrundquist/that-drummer-guys-interview

Epidemic Reign
11-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Too soon?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16443_171289258339_664303339_2741035_2753533_n.jpg

:lol: That's awesome.

MPF
11-30-2011, 02:36 AM
:lol: That's awesome.

:lol: I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I first saw this tonight. I laughed straight for 5 minutes.

christopher
11-30-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm seriously too upset about the Hail!Hornet thread to post the new Saint Vitus album is called Lillie: F-65. I hope its good...

brutal_descent
11-30-2011, 04:27 AM
For anyone who likes Kvelertak and/or beer, I present:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380165_10150385917160685_58323625684_8687297_12889 68076_n.jpg

Natrlhi
11-30-2011, 04:57 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16443_171289258339_664303339_2741035_2753533_n.jpg I have to admit...that's pretty funny in a disturbing sort of way. :eyes:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380165_10150385917160685_58323625684_8687297_12889 68076_n.jpg...but THAT is just straight up awesome. :fist:

larvtard
11-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Too soon?

...Am I the only one here that doesn't get it? :eyes:

ravenheart
11-30-2011, 06:48 AM

I think yes, yes you are.

Look at the box.

ravenheart
11-30-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm seriously too upset about the Hail!Hornet thread to post the new Saint Vitus album is called Lillie: F-65. I hope its good...

I was too upset by the shitty title when it was announced yesterday to post it at all.

MPF
11-30-2011, 12:05 PM

How old are you again?

larvtard
11-30-2011, 12:11 PM
How old are you again?

I don't really see how that's relevant :tp:

Is it because he's holding a gun? And the joke is that because the box is Guitar Hero: Nirvana, he's Kurt Cobain and he's about to kill himself?

...What the fuck :lol:

MPF
11-30-2011, 12:25 PM

Is it because he's holding a gun? And the joke is that because the box is Guitar Hero: Nirvana, he's Kurt Cobain and he's about to kill himself?

...What the fuck :lol:

http://www.upperplayground.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/d177f3a95c132744.gif.gif

*Wasn't sure if you knew Nirvana or not judging from the original response.*

Natrlhi
11-30-2011, 12:26 PM

...What the fuck :lol:I hate to tell you this, but you're still not getting it completely.

MPF
11-30-2011, 12:37 PM
I hate to tell you this, but you're still not getting it completely.

I think he got it as far as he will understand.

Damn I hate feeling this old.

larvtard
11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
I hate to tell you this, but you're still not getting it completely.

Pray tell me what I'm not getting, sir :tp:

Natrlhi
11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Pray tell me what I'm not getting, sir :tp:An answer from me - not with an attitude like that, young man.

larvtard
11-30-2011, 12:40 PM
An answer from me - not with an attitude like that, young man.

I called you sir! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

Natrlhi
11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I called you sir! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!I want you to go sit in the corner and take a time out.

powerslave_85
11-30-2011, 01:15 PM
For anyone who likes Kvelertak and/or beer, I present:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380165_10150385917160685_58323625684_8687297_12889 68076_n.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-czOIIZ4p3pU/Tq1rR0rHUBI/AAAAAAAAIkM/R2LlLZh7yJ8/s400/I+want+this+because+of+reasons.png

christopher
11-30-2011, 02:59 PM
I was too upset by the shitty title when it was announced yesterday to post it at all.

:lol: good one. That is a pretty bad title. I have mixed feelings about it now, but I'm sure it will still kick ass.

Seventhzealot
11-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Got a Statistics exam tomorrow. Can't remember the last time I was so under-prepared for an exam :eyes:

illuminatus917
11-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Got a Statistics exam tomorrow. Can't remember the last time I was so under-prepared for an exam :eyes:

I've got one Monday, and I'll be damned if I know anything about Multivariate Regression.

El Gordo
11-30-2011, 04:40 PM
MUST WATCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhq1uWY9wHg

Seriously. So many LOLs.

dcmetal108
11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
MUST WATCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhq1uWY9wHg

Seriously. So many LOLs.

sooo bad. sooo over the top.

This is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltM5jHIJFw4&feature=related

Travis The Dragon
11-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Too soon?

:lol: I passed that on to here (http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=18007.msg345825#msg345825) as well.