PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Epidemic Reign
10-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Trying to read your article Ben, but my stupid smart phone doesn't want to download it. Maybe that chick deleted you cause she likes dubstep? :lol:

GarageMetal468
10-18-2011, 01:59 PM
"It is at this point I come to my the conclusion that socially awkward metalheads like myself shouldn’t go to raves – it’s a whole different world out there. "

And this is why people avoid you. You don't fucking reveal stuff like that in public, especially in a paper which I'm sure a lot of your campus reads! Hell, that whole article just makes you sound like no fun to be with. Maybe if it was about dubstep itself (i.e.: SOUNDS LIKE MY ASS AFTER TACO NIGHT) it'd be funny as hell, but damn, you're just ridiculing people who are obviously inebriated in one way or another and are having a good time while doing so.

Not saying I like dubstep shows, seeing as how I've never been to one so I can't say anything, but if you wanna bash a show/party, at least back it up with something that IS fun! Example: I hate fraternity parties at my school and I make a good note to tell everyone about it. BUT I do tell them that the parties I go to (concert/thrash parties) are legitimately fun. Not just because of the music, but people actually have a fun time together since everyone has the same thing in common and everyone is socializing, drinking and just having a fun time with everyone else. It does help me though that a lot of people at my school would rather drink with a few friends in their dorms or go to a bar instead since they know how lame frat parties are.

daimonos
10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't even like The Big Lebowski

You piss me off more and more. Every. Day.

daimonos
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
How have I pissed you off in the past? :eyes:

Sorry for having an opinion :tp:

You better be.

Dextrimental
10-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks. I don't even like The Big Lebowski, I just like saying that line. Cool meme, too.

First time I have ever heard anyone say that out loud.

I'll check out the article later tonight!

Doing my second blog this week, anyone have any subjects they'd like to see writings on?

GarageMetal468
10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
That last line was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but yeah, I was wondering whether I should really put in the paper. Anyways, I've had multiple people tell me they found the article hilarious, and correct me if I'm wrong, but people like to hang out with funny people ;)

Sorry man, but your criticism is a bit too harsh. You don't even fucking know me, so you can't make rash judgments about me like that.

Didn't really mean to come off as harsh or even bash you, sorry if it really seemed like it.

IrritatedTrout
10-18-2011, 02:28 PM
I found the article kinda weird. But then again I didn't know cursing was allowed in school papers. Your school is much different than mine.:eyes:

BloodoftheKings
10-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I found the article kinda weird. But then again I didn't know cursing was allowed in school papers. Your school is much different than mine.:eyes:

That kinda threw me off as well. The article wasn't that bad, I would have tried to make my words about the dubstep fans a little nicer and try to keep personal stuff out.

mastodon421
10-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I liked the article Ben, it was pretty funny. Well done dude:fist:

masterguy49
10-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks. I don't even like The Big Lebowski, I just like saying that line. Cool meme, too.

http://myfacewhen.com/173/

jd091
10-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Also, you guys should check out this funny article I wrote on dubstep for the humor paper on campus! http://www.uvm.edu/~watertwr/PDF/WT-website-2011-10-18.pdf Constructive criticism welcomed :)

The
drunken night ritual begins, as the girls
begin to grind. It’s almost like watching an
Animal Channel special on the mating rituals of the lion kingdom. The female, drunkenly stumbling, looks behind her shoulder
and catches a glimpse of a sexually enticing
male. She slides backward, sliding her posterior against the male’s crotch. Some are
really into it, in fact, so close they can sniff
each others’ necks, before the female leads
the grinning male out of the crowd

one of my female friends blabbers, “I just
made out with a random guy I don’t even
know, and it was AWESOME!”

Sounds like any party in the existence of ever. :tp:

"It is at this point I come to my the conclusion that socially awkward metalheads like myself shouldn’t go to raves – it’s a whole different world out there. "

And this is why people avoid you. You don't fucking reveal stuff like that in public, especially in a paper which I'm sure a lot of your campus reads! Hell, that whole article just makes you sound like no fun to be with. Maybe if it was about dubstep itself (i.e.: SOUNDS LIKE MY ASS AFTER TACO NIGHT) it'd be funny as hell, but damn, you're just ridiculing people who are obviously inebriated in one way or another and are having a good time while doing so.

And no offense, but this. The fact is that you don't really go to a lot of real "parties", because a dubstep show is pretty much identical to a party, and therefore you're telling everyone, "hey, I'm socially awkward and don't like parties".

DethMaiden
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Ben,

http://lessonsfromanea.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/2548120590_3b67214b8f_z.jpg
You are a sad, strange little man.

jd091
10-18-2011, 04:06 PM
:confused:

You guys are making me feel like I shouldn't have published this...

I mean, whatever. Not a lot of people read that kind of stuff at my school anyway. I just think its weird that you have stuff against what goes on a dubstep shows, since I think it's cool. I'm just not a fan of the music.

ravenheart
10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I just think its weird that you have stuff against what goes on a dubstep shows, since I think it's cool. I'm just not a fan of the music.

Only stupid shit goes on at dubstep shows. Exclusively stupid shit. Seems like plenty to make fun of to me.

At least, there would be if the article actually did make fun of it. Instead it just calls it stupid, which isn't making fun, it's just insulting. Far from the same thing.

Also repeats too much. Twice stated envy at everyone else having a good time, and uses "realize" 712 times in 650 words.

mankvill
10-18-2011, 04:09 PM
because a dubstep show is pretty much identical to a party

no

MPF
10-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Dubstep:

The music that is created when DJ's found out that you can hold notes.

masterguy49
10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
LEAVE BEN ALONE!

powerslave_85
10-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Ben,

http://lessonsfromanea.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/2548120590_3b67214b8f_z.jpg
You are a sad, strange little man.
:lol:

metallicbrian666
10-18-2011, 06:26 PM
That last line was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but yeah, I was wondering whether I should really put in the paper. Anyways, I've had multiple people tell me they found the article hilarious, and correct me if I'm wrong, but people like to hang out with funny people ;)

Sorry man, but your criticism is a bit too harsh. You don't even fucking know me, so you can't make rash judgments about me like that.
Actually, he can. You asked for constructive criticism, received his honest opinion, and you pulled the "bitch, you don't know me" card. On that note, you don't regularly attend dubstep parties so you can't write rashly opinionated articles on them.

illuminatus917
10-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Only stupid shit goes on at dubstep shows. Exclusively stupid shit. Seems like plenty to make fun of to me.

At least, there would be if the article actually did make fun of it. Instead it just calls it stupid, which isn't making fun, it's just insulting. Far from the same thing.

Also repeats too much. Twice stated envy at everyone else having a good time, and uses "realize" 712 times in 650 words.

Ravenheart is the master at insulting everyone. :)

OraclesofAgony
10-18-2011, 06:57 PM
What the fuck is going on right now. :eyes:

RAZOR
10-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Uhm. :snivel:

Hi Ben. :hug:

SomewhereInTime72
10-18-2011, 07:08 PM
The fuck?

mankvill
10-18-2011, 07:09 PM
you don't regularly attend dubstep parties

I'M PUTTING A STOP TO THIS BEFORE IT GETS TOO OUT OF HAND

Indestructible
10-18-2011, 07:10 PM
how do you fucking delete an account oh my fucking goddddddddddddd

This board isn't that bad anymore.

Wizzbang11
10-18-2011, 07:14 PM
What the fuck is happening.

My internet doesn't like that website so I can't read the article, perhaps that makes me more confused, but really. What the hell.

Sanitarium78
10-18-2011, 07:15 PM
shut up you don't even know what i'm talkjing aboutr

sorry man :hug:

Do you have a multiple personality disorder? In the same posts you insult someone then say you're sorry:confused:

BloodoftheKings
10-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Do other metal forums have this much drama?

Sanitarium78
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM

I actually always thought this place was very calm and normal compared to the Mayhem fest boards and the people who comment on blabbermouth.

BloodoftheKings
10-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I actually always thought this place was very calm and normal compared to the Mayhem fest boards and the people who comment on blabbermouth.

I'm not talking about bullshit arguments, i'm talking about shit like the last few pages of this thread.

RAZOR
10-18-2011, 07:22 PM

lol.

Yes. The other forum me and a few others on here go on is drama 24/7.

illuminatus917
10-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Looks like we just lost Ben you guys.

Wizzbang11
10-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Damn. Das weird.

BloodoftheKings
10-18-2011, 07:28 PM
R.I.P. logan :boohoo:

RAZOR
10-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Whyyyyyyyyy.

Wizzbang11
10-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Didn't he say he was drunk a few posts ago?

illuminatus917
10-18-2011, 07:31 PM
He's still here. Just deleted all his recent comments it looks like.

Don't leave us Ben.

christopher
I was trying to follow this nonsensical bullshit and I was tripping out as posts were deleting. I would go to the next page and shit would move around. I was soo confused. Sucks that Logan over reacted to the constructive criticism people we giving him.

Dextrimental
Well, I tried to talk him out of it..

R.I.P logAnarchy

powerslave_85
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/22448000/ngbbs4d55eb75bc20c.jpg

BloodoftheKings
10-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I was trying to follow this nonsensical bullshit and I was tripping out as posts were deleting. I would go to the next page and shit would move around. I was soo confused. Sucks that Logan over reacted to the constructive criticism people we giving him.

"And this is why people avoid you. You don't fucking reveal stuff like that in public, especially in a paper which I'm sure a lot of your campus reads! Hell, that whole article just makes you sound like no fun to be with."

Not exactly constructive.

EDIT: sorry garagemetal, but that was pretty harsh, just sayin.

GarageMetal468
10-18-2011, 07:34 PM

I kinda doubt that this the reason he's depressed. He's always talking about other things going on in his life.

Ben, if you see this, settle down. Go to sleep, forget about any shit that's happened, and wake up to a new day that could have anything in store for you.

GarageMetal468
10-18-2011, 07:35 PM
"And this is why people avoid you. You don't fucking reveal stuff like that in public, especially in a paper which I'm sure a lot of your campus reads! Hell, that whole article just makes you sound like no fun to be with."

Not exactly constructive.

EDIT: sorry garagemetal, but that was pretty harsh, just sayin.

I did apologize for coming off as harsh if you look a few posts down from that one. Don't be pinning the blame on me here.

ShatteredFlame
10-18-2011, 07:36 PM
don't worry dubstep won't be around too long anyway

christopher
10-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Well there's two sides to how harsh garagemetal's statement was. He could have worded it nicer to him, but then again, Logan does come on here and complain about how everything sucks, so telling it how it is sometimes is the best way to improve.

I didn't say that was the only reason why he's depressed. I just think he over reacted. He did say he's been drinking, so he let himself get out of hand with his reactions. I just hope the best for him in settling this.

masterguy49
10-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Ben was drunk, depressed, and on the internet. We all have our bad days and today was Ben's bad day. Let's just forget about this and move on.

On other news, school is stressing me out. I have a lot of tests and work due in little time. Any advice?

GarageMetal468
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Well there's two sides to how harsh garagemetal's statement was. He could have worded it nicer to him, but then again, Logan does come on here and complain about how everything sucks, so telling it how it is sometimes is the best way to improve.

I didn't say that was the only reason why he's depressed. I just think he over reacted. He did say he's been drinking, so he let himself get out of hand with his reactions. I just hope the best for him in settling this.

I could've, yes. I guess there is a backstory to what I said. Really, the way logan seems to be acting (from what he's said on here) reminds me of how I used to act back in high school and for a better part of my freshman year of college, which, looking back, makes me hate my past self for doing that. It's like I'm telling a younger version of me to stop acting fucking stupid and I kinda took it out on logan. I don't want to get into this at all, but again, I did apologize after he replied to my original comment, and I'll say it again (if he sees this): I'm sorry for being a dick.

christopher
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Ben was drunk, depressed, and on the internet. We all have our bad days and today was Ben's bad day. Let's just forget about this and move on.

On other news, school is stressing me out. I have a lot of tests and work due in little time. Any advice?

Exactly. I just hope he mans up soon about this and can move on without needing to be self destructive.

How much shit do you need to do in how long? Best advice is to get off this forum :lol:

GarageMetal468
10-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Yes, let's move on, please.

Speaking of procrastination, I won't have time to do anything tomorrow since I'm going out to Chicago to see Devin Townsend so I'm doing everything I need to for Thursday tonight... yeah I got about 2/3 of that done. Putting off this last bit of homework til tomorrow or even Thursday morning... fun stuff.

illuminatus917
10-18-2011, 07:45 PM
The new Midnight Odyssey is easily the best black metal album of 2011.

Wizzbang11
10-18-2011, 07:47 PM

I dealt with this last week by smoking a lot of weed and locking myself in my room with music, and everything turned out just fine (surprisingly.) Avoid your friends though, and the internet.

christopher
10-18-2011, 07:48 PM
I could've, yes. I guess there is a backstory to what I said. Really, the way logan seems to be acting (from what he's said on here) reminds me of how I used to act back in high school and for a better part of my freshman year of college, which, looking back, makes me hate my past self for doing that. It's like I'm telling a younger version of me to stop acting fucking stupid and I kinda took it out on logan. I don't want to get into this at all, but again, I did apologize after he replied to my original comment, and I'll say it again (if he sees this): I'm sorry for essentially being a dick.

Oh shit, sorry. I worded what I said badly. I was trying to point out that you were in the right the whole time and people should stop making you seem like the bad guy in this scenario. I would have said the same thing to him. It's best to tell someone how it is so they can work on getting better. This time last year, I was a fucking alcoholic. I hated my life and I had dozens of empty handles of Sailor Jerry littered throughout my room. I didn't give a shit about anything and always complained about how shitty life was. One day I blacked out at a Buzzov*en show in LA and I was my ride home that night. I made the hour long trip home, but parked illegally up a mountain road near my house and was found by a cop in the morning. I was able to get off lucky with a parking ticket, but that cop told me how it was and how I needed to man the fuck up and take action for shit I've done. My dad told it to me even harsher. Yes, I still drink a good amount, but I won't ever forget the shit I was told about how reckless I was getting and I've improved a lot over the years. Hopefully this will improve Logan's life somewhat.

mankvill
10-18-2011, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqFBZU6mMY

This is why Ghoul rules :D

BloodoftheKings
10-18-2011, 07:50 PM
I dealt with this last week by smoking a lot of weed and locking myself in my room with music, and everything turned out just fine (surprisingly.) Avoid your friends though, and the internet.

How does that get the schoolwork done?

Wizzbang11
10-18-2011, 07:51 PM
How does that get the schoolwork done?

Well in my room I did the school work...

jd091
10-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Shit! I missed what happened here. :( If you somehow read this Ben, I never meant any harm bro. I don't think any of us did. Just the nature of this board, y'know? Come back when you're sober. Maybe taking a break from this forum is a good thing: your personal life/school work/etc should always come first. Hope you figure yourself out, bro. Only you can do it! :hug: Watch Good Will Hunting or something; you'll feel positive. :cool: Depression isn't cool, there's so much more to life.

ANYWAY, that's all I'm gonna say on that. moving on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dqFBZU6mMY

This is why Ghoul rules :D

:lol: Dude, I am SO excited to see them on Halloween. This is gonna be crazy! :rocker:

jd091
10-18-2011, 08:28 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Procrasturbating

illuminatus917
10-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Shit! I missed what happened here.

You missed nothing but a very low point of Ben's here at Metal Set Lists. There for a moment it looked like he'd deleted his account. Hopefully all this will blow over, and hopefully Ben will gain control of himself emotionally and not ask the mods to deactivate his account.

masterguy49
10-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Exactly. I just hope he mans up soon about this and can move on without needing to be self destructive.

How much shit do you need to do in how long? Best advice is to get off this forum :lol:
Yeah, pretty much.

:lol: IMPOSSIBLE! I have like 3 tests coming up, 2 essays, and 2 quizzes. Not including homework. Pisses me off that my birthday next week is one of the busiest school day. Not just the day of my birthday, before and after it is busy school wise as well. :bouville:

Avoiding these last 2 will be hard. I have a problem with procrastination. i don't want to do it, I just do it. Though smoking pot, locking my self in my room with music might work.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Procrasturbating

Old joke is old! Not only do you give me no advice, but you say a lame joke in the process :nag:

jd091
10-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Aw, what the fuck? How did I not know about this!

http://www.bridge9.com/view-article/polar-bear-club-in-store-at-reckless-records-in-chicago-today

christopher
10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
I've been obsessed with Lateralus and Aenima lately. I just went to give 10,000 Days a chance, but can't get into it very much. I don't understand how it was so successful. Hmm maybe a few more listens will fix that.

Dextrimental
10-18-2011, 09:42 PM
I've been obsessed with Lateralus and Aenima lately. I just went to give 10,000 Days a chance, but can't get into it very much. I don't understand how it was so successful. Hmm maybe a few more listens will fix that.

That's odd, I found 10,000 Days the easiest one to get into! Aenima is its own monster though, Lateralus is powerful as well.. Great band!

christopher
10-18-2011, 09:52 PM
That's odd, I found 10,000 Days the easiest one to get into! Aenima is its own monster though, Lateralus is powerful as well.. Great band!

Vicarious seems like the only track that really stands out to me so far. I guess Aenima and Lateralus has so many songs I could easily sing along to on it. This album doesn't have the vibe I like. I'm not giving up yet cause there are some parts I was starting to get into.

ShatteredFlame
10-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Actually according to stuff like RYM, most people consider 10,000 Days their weakest.

I never had a problem with it. I think Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days are all 5/5 star albums.

Also have been writing this paper while listening to Lateralus, before I even came to this thread :lol:

christopher
10-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Actually according to stuff like RYM, most people consider 10,000 Days their weakest.

I never had a problem with it. I think Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days are all 5/5 star albums.

Also have been writing this paper while listening to Lateralus, before I even came to this thread :lol:

It is a solid album. I guess my problem was I went in comparing it to the other albums. I'm starting to warm up to it a bit more on my second listen, but I feel like I'll listen to the other albums more often especially Lateralus. I really hope that on the next tour, they play Parabol/Parabola. That would be:drool:

treghet
10-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Aw, what the fuck? How did I not know about this!

http://www.bridge9.com/view-article/polar-bear-club-in-store-at-reckless-records-in-chicago-today

I hate when that happens. Reminds me, a couple years ago Skeletonwitch played in a record store here. I couldn't go though. :(

jd091
10-18-2011, 10:23 PM
I hate when that happens. Reminds me, a couple years ago Skeletonwitch played in a record store here. I couldn't go though. :(

That would have been awesome! I've seen a couple videos of hardcore bands playing at record stores, and I have no idea how the shelves stay intact afterwards. :lol:

brutal_descent
10-18-2011, 10:27 PM
The FFDP thread got locked. :lol:

jd091
10-18-2011, 10:28 PM
The FFDP thread got locked. :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not surprised though. :lol:

brutal_descent
10-18-2011, 10:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

The name of the thread got corrected as well :tp:

MPF
10-18-2011, 10:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

You saw the last few comments right? I love to get hit on, but not by 12 year old boys....or anyone one under 18, or male.

Epidemic Reign
10-18-2011, 10:34 PM

Well now that's just no fun at all.

brutal_descent
10-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Haha yeah, if Magson ever starts shit up again on any threads we can just remind him of those last few posts he made on the FFDP thread ;)

christopher
10-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Haha yeah, if Magson ever starts shit up again on any threads we can just remind him of those last few posts he made on the FFDP thread ;)

I don't think it would make a difference with Magson.

brutal_descent
10-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Good. ;)

Oh, shut up.

jd091
10-18-2011, 10:41 PM
You saw the last few comments right? I love to get hit on, but not by 12 year old boys....or anyone one under 18, or male.

but i <3 u, not in a platonic sense :(

Good. ;)

EDIT: And Perseverance is still the heaviest song I know of, COME AT ME MESHUGGAH :boxer:

MPF
10-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't think it would make a difference with Magson.

I was also thinking of every time he posts I'll post the song "I'm Coming Out" or "It's Raining Men".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

christopher
10-18-2011, 11:13 PM
EDIT: And Perseverance is still the heaviest song I know of, COME AT ME MESHUGGAH :boxer:

Really?? Have you never heard of Crowbar? Corrupted has some of the heaviest songs I know of...

christopher
10-18-2011, 11:13 PM
I was also thinking of every time he posts I'll post the song "I'm Coming Out" or "It's Raining Men".

:lol: that would be soo fucking funny hahaha

Dextrimental
10-18-2011, 11:18 PM

They're good but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08

Just finished season 4 of Dexter. Sweet holy christ...!!!!!

AnataFan4Life
10-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Just got back from Gwar. Holy shit what an experience.

jd091
10-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Just got back from Gwar. Holy shit what an experience.

Review it!

AnataFan4Life
10-19-2011, 12:29 AM
Review it!

I shall tomorrow. I'm tired as shit right now.

IrritatedTrout
10-19-2011, 02:44 AM
My timezone causes me to miss too much here.:lol:

larvtard
10-19-2011, 06:06 AM
Hey guys,

I want to apologize about last night. I was acting extremely immature. I was having one of my occasional/often bouts of depression where I realize that I don't have many friends (this time I was concerned with the fact that none of my friends were girls, and that girls in general seemed to avoid me). I thought I would feel better by getting drunk, but obviously that didn't help.

These past few months I've been WAY too personal on here. I love you guys, but I gotta realize that at the end of the day, you guys are still just random people on the internet I've never even met and it's probably gonna stay that way. I have no right sharing all of this with you, and in doing so, I just come off as a self-inflated douche (that's not the word I was thinking of, but I suppose it still works) who thinks he can dump all his problems on here. Then, when people start criticizing me/making fun of me, I become a sensitive little shit. I hate when people make fun of me here, but I do bring it all upon myself.

I think I'm gonna take JD's advice and take a little time away from here. It'll be good for me, I think. Sure, I'll still look at setlists or whatever, but I'm not gonna log in or anything.

Most of you guys have me on facebook - if not, add me (http://www.facebook.com/ben52192). Hell, if you want to text me, I'm down, just message me on FB.

Again, sorry about last night guys, and my behavior these past few months.

logAnarchy/Ben

jd091
10-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Hoping for the best, bro!

:hug:

larvtard
10-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Oh, attention-whore -- that was the word I was thinking of.

christopher
10-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Good luck with whatever you do man. Don't feel that getting drunk will make you feel better. I learned the hard way that self destruction only makes things worse for you. If you can work on building your confidence up, then maybe your lady problems will change, but drinking away to it won't ever solve it.

ravenheart
10-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Wasting time in the office at 6 god damn 45 in the evening because Byfrost aren't on until 8:30. At least they'll be done by about 9:15 and I'll be home by 10:15.

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Good luck with whatever you do man. Don't feel that getting drunk will make you feel better. I learned the hard way that self destruction only makes things worse for you. If you can work on building your confidence up, then maybe your lady problems will change, but drinking away to it won't ever solve it.

Yeah Ben, this is some really important advice. You should never use alcohol to escape your problems, it can take control of you long before you realize it and ruin your life. Especially at such a young age, you don't want to become addicted or drink too much and not wake up one morning. It happens all too often. Just be careful, man.

brutal_descent
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
http://i074.radikal.ru/1009/1c/320e72721dc7.jpg

jd091
10-19-2011, 12:07 PM
http://i074.radikal.ru/1009/1c/320e72721dc7.jpg

I'M AS STRAIGHT AS THE LINE THAT YOU SNIFF UP YOUR NOSE
I'M AS HARD AS THE BOOZE THAT YOU SWILL DOWN YOUR THROAT
I'M AS BAD AS THE SHIT YOU BREATHE INTO YOUR LUNGS
AND I'LL FUCK YOU UP AS FAST AS THE PILL ON YOUR TONGUE

MPF
10-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Going off to see Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage.

I'll do a review of the show for sure, but unless I can get a setlist, I won't be able to post any setlist besides Arsis. I like the other 3 bands, but just not as familiar to pick out every song played.

ravenheart
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Going off to see Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage.

I'll do a review of the show for sure, but unless I can get a setlist, I won't be able to post any setlist besides Arsis. I like the other 3 bands, but just not as familiar to pick out every song played.

Nightrage will stick to their new album, which is mostly the same song over and over anyway. Expect Apollo from Firewind to guest on one song.

christopher
10-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I drive 45 minutes to and from school, five days a week. I've always loved that I can really just relax and listen to my ipod the entire way there and back. There are a lot of albums I put on my ipod that I keep forgetting to listen to and its annoying me, so yesterday I decided to use that time to play shit all the way through. For instance, I listened to 10,000 Days yesterday and thought it was meh compared to the other Tool albums, but a decent album overall. Today I listened to Realm of Chaos by Bolt Thrower for the first time(yeah I know, shoot me, I kept forgetting:eyes:) and fell in love with it!! I'm going to be doing this everyday from now on :D

Edit: I need to explain things more sometime...Over the last 6 months or so, I've been listening to the new Goddamn Gallows on repeat pretty much full time, with other random albums too including the new Hank III or the older Tool albums and A Perfect Circle. I'm going to use my car rides to and from school to better familiarize myself with all the other awesome shit on my ipod that I keep forgetting about.

Crionics
10-19-2011, 07:50 PM
English hw is killing me, takes wayyyy too long :mad:

xStructualDefect
10-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm sure most people would disagree with me, but The Sound of Perseverance is by far my favorite album by Death.

Dextrimental
10-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm sure most people would disagree with me, but The Sound of Perseverance is by far my favorite album by Death.

I certainly wouldn't. That album is a powerhouse of progressive death metal.

BloodoftheKings
10-19-2011, 08:34 PM

We did a poll on people's favorite Death album and that came in 2nd behind Symbolic.

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 08:59 PM
The Sound of Perseverance is probably my favorite Death album as well.

Dextrimental
10-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I love A Day To Remember, but their merchandise fucking sucks! Doing some browsing while checking out Veil of Maya (who are definitely one of the better 'deathcore' bans I've encounter; haters gonna hate!) and I can't find a single really nice ADTR t shirt anywhere, they're all very 'scene' and maybe two actually represent what the band sound like or what they represent.

jd091
10-19-2011, 10:46 PM
I love A Day To Remember, but their merchandise fucking sucks! Doing some browsing while checking out Veil of Maya (who are definitely one of the better 'deathcore' bans I've encounter; haters gonna hate!) and I can't find a single really nice ADTR t shirt anywhere, they're all very 'scene' and maybe two actually represent what the band sound like or what they represent.

Same. ADTR is one of my favorite bands, but I would never consider getting their merch. It's designed for high school kids anyway.

And Veil of Maya is incredible, I love the shit outta them. And I've said this like, 100 times, but I don't consider Sumeriancore to be deathcore. It's different enough to be considered its own genre.

Dextrimental
10-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Same. ADTR is one of my favorite bands, but I would never consider getting their merch. It's designed for high school kids anyway.

And Veil of Maya is incredible, I love the shit outta them. And I've said this like, 100 times, but I don't consider Sumeriancore to be deathcore. It's different enough to be considered its own genre.

Definitely, only saving grace could be the tour merch, but I have yet to see them so I can't comment!

Well, I don't care for labels and genre's and what not, but Veil of Maya definitely have something a little more interest than your regular breakdown-laden stuff. I've yet to hear a straight breakdown actually.

brutal_descent
10-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Just had a conversation with my social studies teacher in which I've found out

1) he used to go see grindcore/powerviolence shows back in the day and was personally friends with Napalm Death back when Scum came out
2) he saw Nirvana right after Nevermind came out
3) Judas Priest asked him to audition for vocalist before they took in Halford

This is going to be a fun year. :rocker:

xStructualDefect
10-19-2011, 11:16 PM

Pretty much all of this.

treghet
10-19-2011, 11:17 PM
3) Judas Priest asked him to audition for vocalist before they took in Halford

So Judas Priest went and asked a guy in the Soviet Union to audition for them?

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 11:31 PM

:lol: but he's a social studies teacher, he could be from anywhere.

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Doing shots tonight. I haven't done more than a couple shots in... three or four years? I'm on my 9th shot of cheap Canadian whiskey. Wish me luck :lol: probably gonna wake up with a worse hangover tomorrow than I've had in ages.

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:04 AM
hahaha omg, this seriously set my shitty mood right :lol:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309584_2541186654227_1390519787_3108828_1712471705 _n.jpg

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 12:06 AM

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309584_2541186654227_1390519787_3108828_1712471705 _n.jpg

is that Danzig?

mankvill
10-20-2011, 12:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHv3qO_Y8kk

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 12:15 AM

holy fuck manks, that may just be the greatest thing I've seen in my life.

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:15 AM
is that Danzig?

haha yeah

:lol: thats funny. I've seen it before, but I forgot about it until now.

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Here we go #12.

MPF
10-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Got back from Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage a little over an hour ago. I just posted my review....very sad, but possible good news about Arsis posted as well.

Nightrage will stick to their new album, which is mostly the same song over and over anyway. Expect Apollo from Firewind to guest on one song.

actually not at all. It was mainly the first two albums. :D And No Apollo.

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Here we go #12.

12 shots or beers? haha

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 12:33 AM
12 shots or beers? haha

12 shots, chasing with beers, although I'm only on my second beer.

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Got back from Firewind/Arsis/White Wizzard/Nightrage a little over an hour ago. I just posted my review....very sad, but possible good news about Arsis posted as well.

"Frozen" by any chance?

MPF
10-20-2011, 12:42 AM
"Frozen" by any chance?

Yup, right near the end of the set.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18359

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:42 AM
12 shots, chasing with beers, although I'm only on my second beer.

nice man. Besides on my birthday last weekend, I haven't really gotten too drunk on hard liquor in a while. I really don't do shots anymore. I usually just stick to Sailor Jerry or Jameson. I just sip my rum out of a cup at room temp, or whiskey on the rocks and enjoy that shit. I'm on beer 9 right now.

brutal_descent
10-20-2011, 02:57 AM

He's from the UK. In case you were wondering, just because I live in Russia doesn't mean I go to a Russian school, it's owned by the American government.

treghet
10-20-2011, 03:34 AM
He's from the UK. In case you were wondering, just because I live in Russia doesn't mean I go to a Russian school, it's owned by the American government.

I was being a smartass ;)

GarageMetal468
10-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Day 2 of the week I'm on 4 hours of sleep! But again, it was totally worth it. Devin of course put on an amazing show last night! I'll be posting the set and review later today.

ravenheart
10-20-2011, 05:48 AM

Well that was just stupid then. His song is by FAR the best one on their new album, and they're on tour with him. Why would you not get him to sing it in that situation? Retards.

Glad you lucked out with old material though. The new album is basically shit.

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 08:27 AM
nice man. Besides on my birthday last weekend, I haven't really gotten too drunk on hard liquor in a while. I really don't do shots anymore. I usually just stick to Sailor Jerry or Jameson. I just sip my rum out of a cup at room temp, or whiskey on the rocks and enjoy that shit. I'm on beer 9 right now.

Haha yeah, I'm not really big on shots anymore either. Last night was the first time I've done that many in a long while.

Stopped at 12, had to get up early and let my buddy's dog out ;) fuck I'm tired haha

mastodon421
10-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Got from school not too long ago, now i'm listening to Lulu. I can already tell this was a mistake.

MPF
10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Well that was just stupid then. His song is by FAR the best one on their new album, and they're on tour with him. Why would you not get him to sing it in that situation? Retards.

Glad you lucked out with old material though. The new album is basically shit.

Everyone in Firewind went stayed on the us until 5 minutes before their set. and went straight to the bus after. I'm guessing they were having a hard night or something?

Yeah the old songs are so damn good.

Maiden33
10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Everyone in Firewind went stayed on the us until 5 minutes before their set. and went straight to the bus after. I'm guessing they were having a hard night or something?

Yeah, this is very weird. I've met most of the guys and they are really nice, and every time I've seen them, they've hung out either before or after the show. Something must've been going on.

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah, this is very weird. I've met most of the guys and they are really nice, and every time I've seen them, they've hung out either before or after the show. Something must've been going on.

They didn't get paid :lol:

MPF
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM
They didn't get paid :lol:

Well I didn't say it in the review but the crowd was small........very small, under 50 people small.

I kinda feel bad getting in for free now, I'm sure all the bands are losing money on this tour.

xStructualDefect
10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
I've been running 5 miles about 4x a week, have been A LOT of water, and adjusted my sleeping schedule for the better in the past week and a half. I've lost 6 pounds already. I never thought I was that fat but I do want to get tone/lean and lose about 20 pounds from where I started.

powerslave_85
10-20-2011, 05:51 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/188/910/PYFcw.jpg?1319147091

jd091
10-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I've been running 5 miles about 4x a week, have been A LOT of water, and adjusted my sleeping schedule for the better in the past week and a half. I've lost 6 pounds already. I never thought I was that fat but I do want to get tone/lean and lose about 20 pounds from where I started.

My current running playlist:

Terror: Your Enemies are Mine
Terror: One With the Underdogs
Foundation: Purple Heart
Winds of Plague: California :ass:
Winds of Plague: The Great Stone War
Wormrot: Compulsive Disposition
Devil Wears Prada: Mammoth
Dead End Path: Blind Faith/Never Have Heaven Ever
Reign Supreme: Persever and Overcome
Bad Seed: Through My Hands
Bad Seed: Justice Deserved

:boxer:

MPF
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/188/910/PYFcw.jpg?1319147091

So horrible....but so hilarious!

mankvill
10-20-2011, 06:15 PM

He'll come back as Ganddalfi the White.

jd091
10-20-2011, 06:47 PM
He'll come back as Ganddalfi the White.

oh my god

i'm dying

christopher
10-20-2011, 06:57 PM

I'm working on getting back into working out. I used to be obsessed with working out. I would literally run an hour a day, at least six days a week. I was down to 135 pound at my best, but then I started slacking a lot and drinking too much beer and eating too much fast food and gained a lot of weight. I need to loose 20 pounds to get back to where I was. I'm hoping I can do that in about two months or so if I can manage to cut back on the beer and bad food.:hecho:

Maiden33
10-20-2011, 08:45 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307276_2531720849415_1145330772_3103369_1790231578 _n.jpg

Hoarders: Setlist Edition

For those interested, from left to right, top to bottom:
Icarus Witch, Twisted Tower Dire, Primal Fear, King's X, Jon Oliva's Pain, Suspyre, Saxon, Evergrey, Evergrey, Borealis, Halford, Saxon, Blind Guardian, Whitesnake, Symphony X, Symphony X, Alter Bridge, Tesla, Tesla, Tesla, King's X, Firewind.

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 08:48 PM
How do you get so many setlists? Do you have to ask for them or something?

I've been to tons of shows, never got a setlist or seen anyone else get one.

illuminatus917
10-20-2011, 08:49 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307276_2531720849415_1145330772_3103369_1790231578 _n.jpg

Icarus Witch, Twisted Tower Dire, Primal Fear, King's X, Jon Oliva's Pain, Suspyre, Saxon, Evergrey, Evergrey, Borealis, Halford, Saxon, Blind Guardian, Whitesnake, Symphony X, Symphony X, Alter Bridge, Tesla, Tesla, Tesla, King's X, Firewind.

Impressive.

Maiden33
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
How do you get so many setlists? Do you have to ask for them or something?

I've been to tons of shows, never got a setlist or seen anyone else get one.

In many cases, yes, I do ask for one. Sometimes it's just out of fanboy-ism (as I don't really need it to remember the set since I know the songs), but occasionally I've asked roadies or whoever: "Hey, I write concert reviews online, can I get a setlist?", and they're usually fairly accommodating. A number of these were handed to me by the band though. I'm almost always up front at everything I go to, and I'm also tall. Also, I'm really really passionate about the music I love and tend to get REALLY into shows (singing, headbanging, arm-flailing, etc), so I tend to stick out to those onstage. I have a massive collection of picks (30+ I'm sure) and a lot of drum sticks as well (11 or 12 I believe).

MPF
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM

I will post a similar picture...fuck it I'll do it in about 15 20 minutes. I'll go get them all.

BUT before I do. I just got an offer to interview Four Years Strong on the 27th. I don't know anything about them. Should I do it?

christopher
10-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Are there any bands likes Acid Bath out there? I have always loved everything about that band. The fact they do from the softer shit to the in your face shit, while singing about insanity. I know majority of the nola band and know about Dax's other projects. I just can't find any sludge bands that do the singing and screaming like Acid Bath...

mankvill
10-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Are there any bands likes Acid Bath out there? I have always loved everything about that band. The fact they do from the softer shit to the in your face shit, while singing about insanity. I know majority of the nola band and know about Dax's other projects. I just can't find any sludge bands that do the singing and screaming like Acid Bath...

I think the singer for Acid Bath was just in town doing a solo thing?

MPF
10-21-2011, 01:59 AM
Just took these now, to compare with Maiden33...because I have no life tonight:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/316620_10150875046275459_629590458_21190669_173245 1527_n.jpg
(Left) Dredg- 1st Show November 2008
(Right) Dredg- April 2009

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/317454_10150875046315459_629590458_21190670_557389 247_n.jpg
(Left) Testament- 2009
(Right) As I Lay Dying- October 2008

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/310340_10150875046415459_629590458_21190671_563379 495_n.jpg
Ross The Boss- August 2009 (The first setlist I ever posted on MetalSetlists)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/308120_10150875046495459_629590458_21190672_371605 57_n.jpg
Dredg- June 2009

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/314459_10150875046570459_629590458_21190673_207953 2871_n.jpg
Novembers Doom- Minnesota MetalFest, September 2009

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/312030_10150875046605459_629590458_21190674_613208 608_n.jpg
(Left) Mutiny Within- April 2010
(Right) Devin Townsend- October 2011

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/298370_10150875046695459_629590458_21190676_935503 344_n.jpg
(Left) Firewind- October 2011
(Right) Blind Guardian- November 2010

brutal_descent
10-21-2011, 02:58 AM
I'll photograph my setlists when I get home too.

Just got my first A of the year on a test :)

Epidemic Reign
10-21-2011, 03:00 AM
I won't photograph my setlists because I don't have any :bawling:

treghet
10-21-2011, 03:05 AM
I think I only have one set list. I only try to get them if it's one of my favorite bands.

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 03:29 AM
Next purchase options:

Mastodon - The Hunter
Cynic - Carbon Based Anatomy (pre-order)
Primordial - Redemption At The Puritan's Hand
Iced Earth - Festivals of The Wicked (CD, already have the DVD)

Thoughts?

EDIT: actually, forget it, I'm getting both 'Strange Cousins From The West' and 'Pitchforks & Lost Needles' by Clutch :D

MPF
10-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Next purchase options:

Mastodon - The Hunter
Cynic - Carbon Based Anatomy (pre-order)
Primordial - Redemption At The Puritan's Hand
Iced Earth - Festivals of The Wicked (CD, already have the DVD)

Thoughts?

EDIT: actually, forget it, I'm getting both 'Strange Cousins From The West' and 'Pitchforks & Lost Needles' by Clutch :D

GET ALL 6!

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 04:32 AM
GET ALL 6!

In time. In time.

MPF
10-21-2011, 04:49 AM
In time. In time.

Can't go wrong with Clutch at all. 2 great choices. :rocker:

But back to a post from a little bit ago, to anyone who would know, is Four Year Strong a good band? I've only heard the name so far, but I got offered to interview them next Thursday when they are in town, free tick and VIP to do it. Would it be worth it?

mastodon421
10-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Can't go wrong with Clutch at all. 2 great choices. :rocker:

But back to a post from a little bit ago, to anyone who would know, is Four Year Strong a good band? I've only heard the name so far, but I got offered to interview them next Thursday when they are in town, free tick and VIP to do it. Would it be worth it?

Depends what you're into. They are a pop-punk/melodic hardcore band. I don't like them on disc, but I saw their last couple songs at Warped Tour and their live show was pretty fun. I would say go for it, Gallows and Title Fight are both pretty good bands as well and would probably be fun live.

treghet
10-21-2011, 05:01 AM

Why not just listen to them and see what you think? :tongue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R5ysL36BGg

But the question is are you interested in doing this for fun or is it something that will potentially help you in your career path? If it's the latter, I don't see why you'd pass up the opportunity.

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Why not just listen to them and see what you think? :tongue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R5ysL36BGg

You, sir, are a genius ;)

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 05:57 AM
If it's the latter, I don't see why you'd pass up the opportunity.

I never interview bands I don't give a shit about. So maybe I'm the wrong person to ask :lol:

BloodoftheKings
10-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Just realized I can get on Spotify in my music production class. :cool:

christopher
10-21-2011, 08:19 AM
I think the singer for Acid Bath was just in town doing a solo thing?

Oh yeah, it was sometime in the last few days. He's touring around your area right now. I saw his solo set in June of 2008 and it was pretty cool/ He played for 30 minutes electric and 20 minutes acoustic.

jd091
10-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Yes, yes, YES! Do it! They're catchy pop-punk with a harder edge to 'em, kind of like A Day To Remember without the screams or breakdowns. Listen to their stuff and decide for yourself! That's gonna be a sick tour, man. Title Fight and Gallows are great also. Of course, its not metal, so I dunno how interested you'll be.

mankvill
10-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Tyler, the Creator just retweeted a show announcement from Trash Talk.

Possible future tour?

MPF
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys. The only reason I asked what they sounded like without checking them out is because I was recording this Tuesday's Show while I got the offer so I didn't get a chance to check them out.

I said yes. It's my first interview ever with a major band. October 27th at Station 4 in St. Paul. I also had an offer to interview Terror....but the closest they are coming here is Chicago, sadly, that can't happen at this time. :(

I checked them out. I dig it so far. It's Hardcore and Poppy. an Odd mix I normally don't listen to but hey, I dig them enough to give them a good interview and go to a free show. It'll be a fun night.

GarageMetal468
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Looks like I'm going to Fright Fest at Six Flags this Sunday with people! :party:

jd091
10-21-2011, 02:04 PM
I also had an offer to interview Terror....but the closest they are coming here is Chicago, sadly, that can't happen at this time. :(

Holy christ

I WILL PRETEND TO BE YOU AND GO IN YOUR PLACE PLZ PLZ PLLLLLZ

MPF
10-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Holy christ

I WILL PRETEND TO BE YOU AND GO IN YOUR PLACE PLZ PLZ PLLLLLZ

If only. :( Damn I would have loved to have gone to this show. But they'll be back. Terror always comes back. :tongue:

*That sounded like a movie poster slogan, haha*

larvtard
10-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks guys. The only reason I asked what they sounded like without checking them out is because I was recording this Tuesday's Show while I got the offer so I didn't get a chance to check them out.

I said yes. It's my first interview ever with a major band. October 27th at Station 4 in St. Paul. I also had an offer to interview Terror....but the closest they are coming here is Chicago, sadly, that can't happen at this time. :(

I checked them out. I dig it so far. It's Hardcore and Poppy. an Odd mix I normally don't listen to but hey, I dig them enough to give them a good interview and go to a free show. It'll be a fun night.

Don't you think you should be fairly acquainted with a band's music before you interview them? You're going in as some random guy who's not even a fan.

DethMaiden
10-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Don't you think you should be fairly acquainted with a band's music before you interview them? You're going in as some random guy who's not even a fan.

The first sentence of this is valid. The second one isn't totally. Hardcore fans might ask worse questions because they just wanna get their fanboy itch tickled with some minute bullshit about a plot point in their favorite space opera or whatever. But being informed about the music is, of course, a must.

larvtard
10-21-2011, 02:21 PM
The first sentence of this is valid. The second one isn't totally. Hardcore fans might ask worse questions because they just wanna get their fanboy itch tickled with some minute bullshit about a plot point in their favorite space opera or whatever. But being informed about the music is, of course, a must.

Then what would you say the minimum time of "[having been] informed" is? MPF just started listening to them today. He'll be able to ask general questions, of course, but I'm afraid they'll be generic. I'm not saying he has to be fanboy, but at least being somewhat of a fan would allow him to ask better questions.

MPF
10-21-2011, 02:23 PM

So with that logic, I'm just going in next week completely unprepared interviewing a group of guys that I've never heard of before that night and asking random questions that anyone could do.

You gotta cut me a little bit of slack here guy. I'm going to be researching these guys. I like what I've heard so far. It's not what I normally listen to but I dig them. I'll be familiar with their stuff by the time Thursday rolls around. Granted I'm a new fan, but just because I'm new doesn't mean I'm in capable of giving a good, funny, entertaining interview.

But I don't take that last sentence as a bad thing as my show is called That Drummer Guy's Rock Block. :tongue:

THIS! EXACTLY! I wouldn't have said yes just because they are a famous band. I gotta like or at least appreciate what they do. So far, from what I've heard I dig Four Year Strong. I'll be up to par by Thursday.

Again read the top part of this. Anytime I go to a show, I try to talk to every band, even if I don't know their stuff before hand. Trust me man. Being an active drummer for 15 years and been getting my name out their in music for the last 9 years. I know what to do. I'm not a jobber.

Maiden33
10-21-2011, 03:01 PM

I think it depends on who the target audience of the interview is. I don't even bother to pay attention to interviews with musicians I like unless they're either revealing crucial info about an upcoming tour or album - or if they're answering questions that a serious, legitimate fan of their music would ask. I don't need to hear them answer questions telling me about their "new" album that I've had for 6 months, or describing their music which I've been listening to for years.

treghet
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Tyler, the Creator just retweeted a show announcement from Trash Talk.

Possible future tour?

Fuck. That.

And not necessarily because I dislike Odd Future. Because the crowd would be full of idiots who would stand still for Trash Talk.

MPF
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I think it depends on who the target audience of the interview is. I don't even bother to pay attention to interviews with musicians I like unless they're either revealing crucial info about an upcoming tour or album - or if they're answering questions that a serious, legitimate fan of their music would ask. I don't need to hear them answer questions telling me about their "new" album that I've had for 6 months, or describing their music which I've been listening to for years.

That's what I'm trying to stay away from.

Natrlhi
10-21-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't even bother to pay attention to interviews with musicians I like unless they're either revealing crucial info about an upcoming tour or album...But how would you know if they're revealing said crucial info unless you...read...the...interview? :eyes:

MPF
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
W3rd radio is on now and my show starts at 11pm tune in, I'm in the chat. Lets get things Metal:

http://www.stickam.com/w3rdradioshow (http://www.stickam.com/w3rdradioshow)

JRA
10-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Was dicking around on youtube and this was one of the top comments:

Typical Slayer fan: Someone that hasn't heard Show no Mercy, Haunting the Chapel or knows what the Combat Tour is.

Amen bro.

Maiden33
10-21-2011, 10:33 PM
But how would you know if they're revealing said crucial info unless you...read...the...interview? :eyes:

Well if the interview is being reported on Blabbermouth or Brave Words, etc, they probably mention that in the headline for the article.

christopher
10-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Tired as fuck and getting ready to go into work. I'm already counting down the hours until I get to go back to bed in 7 hours and 22 minutes:eyes: After my nap, I'm going to Irvine to see Social D tonight :D

christopher
10-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Its really been 13 hours since the last time someone(me :lol:) was bitching? haha I'll start it back up..

FML!!! I was just working out on my elliptical machine and the left leg fell apart on me, so the arm hold the foot rest smacked my shin extremely hard. It hurts so much to walk now:hecho: Hopefully I feel somewhat better for Social D tonight...

jd091
10-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Its really been 13 hours since the last time someone(me :lol:) was bitching? haha I'll start it back up..

FML!!! I was just working out on my elliptical machine and the left leg fell apart on me, so the arm hold the foot rest smacked my shin extremely hard. It hurts so much to walk now:hecho: Hopefully I feel somewhat better for Social D tonight...

Do what the Vegantoph does best: throw a couple back to numb the pain. ;)

christopher
10-22-2011, 04:40 PM
Do what the Vegantoph does best: throw a couple back to numb the pain. ;)

I'm going to throw more than a few back tonight :tongue: I'm just happy I didn't break my shin. That would've sucked so much.

jd091
10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm going to throw more than a few back tonight :tongue: I'm just happy I didn't break my shin. That would've sucked so much.

Oh god, your tibia? I couldn't even imagine how much that would hurt if you did...

christopher
10-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Oh god, your tibia? I couldn't even imagine how much that would hurt if you did...

If I broke my tibia, I would have cried. Not cause of the pain, but because I have pit tickets to see Danzig Legacy next week and it would ruined it :(

metallicbrian666
10-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Went to a local show that my friends' bands were playing and kept track of the breakdowns on my phone.

First band had 14, second had 15, third had none, fourth had 10, and the last had 3.

30 minute sets each.

masterguy49
10-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Went to a local show that my friends' bands were playing and kept track of the breakdowns on my phone.

First band had 14, second had 15, third had none, fourth had 10, and the last had 3.

30 minute sets each.

And who was the best :tongue:

metallicbrian666
10-22-2011, 10:48 PM
The tightest sounding was the one that did 10 breakdowns but out of all of them I like my friends' band (the one that did none) the most. They're more of a "herp derp we listen to Pantera and Slayer" band and the performance has some issues (mostly mixing) but whatever. I fucking hate community center shows.

BloodoftheKings
10-22-2011, 10:49 PM

I'm gonna guess the third one.

jd091
10-22-2011, 10:50 PM

30 minute sets each.

>Implying that's a bad thing ;)

metallicbrian666
10-22-2011, 10:52 PM
>Implying that's a bad thing ;)
I'm not against breakdowns (I love Unearth) but I hate all of these shitty local Verb The Noun bands.

jd091
10-22-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm not against breakdowns (I love Unearth) but I hate all of these shitty local Verb The Noun bands.

True, those kids are stuck back in 2008. They need to catch onto this whole young hardcore/tumblrcore/ikeacore stuff.

metallicbrian666
10-22-2011, 10:55 PM
True, those kids are stuck back in 2008. They need to catch onto this whole young hardcore/tumblrcore/ikeacore stuff.
Getting with the times swag

masterguy49
10-22-2011, 10:57 PM
The tightest sounding was the one that did 10 breakdowns but out of all of them I like my friends' band (the one that did none) the most. They're more of a "herp derp we listen to Pantera and Slayer" band and the performance has some issues (mostly mixing) but whatever. I fucking hate community center shows.

Those type of bands usually suck hard or are decent. I have nothing against breakdowns but 10 seems like overkill. I mean, breakdowns for me usually matter on the placement.

mankvill
10-22-2011, 11:19 PM

jesus christ get off sergeant d's nuts :lol:

BloodoftheKings
10-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Those type of bands usually suck hard or are decent. I have nothing against breakdowns but 10 seems like overkill. I mean, breakdowns for me usually matter on the placement.

Dude, update your sig.

GarageMetal468
10-22-2011, 11:22 PM

30 minute sets each.

MFH MFH MFH MFH

Also, decided that I won't be going to Fright Fest. Fucking expensive, out of the way, gotta save up for GWAR, etc.

So yeah, no point in getting up early tomorrow then!

Epidemic Reign
10-23-2011, 01:18 AM
ALMOST got kicked out of the Opeth show for being excessively drunk, but pulled some strings with my favorite bartender and got pardoned ;) then my party decided to leave anyway... FML.

Epidemic Reign
10-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Oh, and Kat played "Clean Today"! FUCK YEAH.

OraclesofAgony
10-23-2011, 02:11 AM
I was supposed to see Immolation tonight but I ended up getting druuunk with my brother and cousin instead.

ChildrenofSodom
10-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Holy fucking balls, I got wasted last night. Woke up this morning with my face in dried vomit. Good thing I had planned on doing laundry anyway.

jd091
10-23-2011, 09:04 AM
jesus christ get off sergeant d's nuts :lol:

But they feel so good :finger:

GarageMetal468
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM
ALMOST got kicked out of the Opeth show for being excessively drunk, but pulled some strings with my favorite bartender and got pardoned ;) then my party decided to leave anyway... FML.

I was supposed to see Immolation tonight but I ended up getting druuunk with my brother and cousin instead.

Holy fucking balls, I got wasted last night. Woke up this morning with my face in dried vomit. Good thing I had planned on doing laundry anyway.

God damn alcoholics! :nag:

brutal_descent
10-23-2011, 09:27 AM
God damn alcoholics! :nag:

http://sxe.at.ua/sxe1/x.jpg

GarageMetal468
10-23-2011, 09:29 AM
http://sxe.at.ua/sxe1/x.jpg

YEAH BRO

BRB THROWING DOWN AROUND THE HOUSE

SXE 4 LIEF

mankvill
10-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Don't feel like making a new thread for it, but:

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/71822b1d3e9f44589b402e353debfc72/l.jpg

:lovedup:

GarageMetal468
10-23-2011, 10:13 AM
HOLY FUCK Death Strike's back? And with Master, Desaster and Nocturnal? Yeah nbd a good show out in Europe

ravenheart
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Noticing a pattern, at all? This is like the fourth "shit I got wasted" post from you in a fortnight. Just sayin'.

ChildrenofSodom
10-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Noticing a pattern, at all? This is like the fourth "shit I got wasted" post from you in a fortnight. Just sayin'.

Huh? I never do anything I seriously regret, I'm always in a safe environment with friends, I have fun, and my work, grades, health, and relationships don't suffer one bit. I see no problem. And if you've noticed, I don't post here anymore, except when I'm intoxicated on something. I can't post about it on facebook, so I come here to vent/brag/what-have-you.

Fuck off. :D

EDIT- I'm looking at my post history; what the fuck are you on? I've only posted about last night, last weekend at the casino, and the weekend before. None of those accounts were outrageous. What up, bro?

mankvill
10-23-2011, 10:55 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/305233_10150335982057218_104942447217_8308646_6801 03211_n.jpg

Hey Dayan, u jelly?

JRA
10-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Yesterday I got higher than muthafuckin Harlem.

jd091
10-23-2011, 01:04 PM
YEAH BRO

BRB THROWING DOWN AROUND THE HOUSE

SXE 4 LIEF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxcPvkyPQeA

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

El Gordo
10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Yesterday I got higher than muthafuckin Harlem.

That's fucking high!

jd091
10-23-2011, 01:31 PM
bump

jd091
10-23-2011, 01:31 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltiud6VtbG1r4iepko1_500.jpg

ravenheart
10-23-2011, 01:47 PM
What the fuck is skram?

jd091
10-23-2011, 02:06 PM
What the fuck is skram?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skram

christopher
10-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Finally recovered from the Social Distortion show last night. I got a bit drunk haha. Should I post a review?

christopher
10-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Don't feel like making a new thread for it, but:

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/134/71822b1d3e9f44589b402e353debfc72/l.jpg

:lovedup:

Yeah I would love to see that. I'm kind of curious how the Death Strike set will be set up. I'm wondering if Master will play a 30 to 40 minute set, followed by playing Fuckin Death. Then again, four out of the eight songs on that album turned out to be Master songs that are played regularly, so I don't really understand the point of this besides playing the extra four songs..w/e Speckmann is god

Edit: I just noticed it says only songs from the first Master LP. That's only going to be 13 songs...I would be pissed if I got that cause that's not even a full set..

mankvill
10-23-2011, 02:55 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltiud6VtbG1r4iepko1_500.jpg

SERGEANT D'S NUTS

GET OFF EM

jd091
10-23-2011, 02:59 PM
SERGEANT D'S NUTS

GET OFF EM

:ass:

I'm sorry that its true

mankvill
10-23-2011, 03:03 PM
:ass:

I'm sorry that its true

>worships guy who just lurks /mu/ and gets stuff to piss off entry-level metalheads

- A- baka gaijin

jd091
10-23-2011, 03:23 PM
>worships guy who just lurks /mu/ and gets stuff to piss off entry-level metalheads

- A- baka gaijin

das prudy cool man

mankvill
10-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but

god DAMN I should've played the Chiefs defense in Fantasy today!

ravenheart
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
EDIT- I'm looking at my post history; what the fuck are you on? I've only posted about last night, last weekend at the casino, and the weekend before. None of those accounts were outrageous. What up, bro?

Oh, I do apologise, three times, not four. Well I do stand corrected ;)

ravenheart
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skram

Made-up bullshit. Gotcha.

JRA
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Made-up bullshit. Gotcha.

Just like your concept of an action game being bad if it's beatable in under 20 hours. 10/4.

illuminatus917
10-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Writing 4 essays for my CLS application.

With a 10% acceptance rate, I feel I'm wasting my time.

ShatteredFlame
10-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Joined in the Odd Future cash-in phase. Bought 2 Frank Ocean tickets for $50. Sold for $110. I feel like an ass but easiest pay check I ever made :)

Money for my The Cure tickets.

BloodoftheKings
10-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Joined in the Odd Future cash-in phase. Bought 2 Frank Ocean tickets for $50. Sold for $110. I feel like an ass but easiest pay check I ever made :)

Money for my The Cure tickets.

Nice. A Frank Ocean show would probably be lame anyway.

Maiden33
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM

Just a question:

How do you value your "well-being" enough to want to change your life to gravitate away from music/concerts and electronic stuff - but feel that getting wasted like that is a good decision?

mankvill
10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Just a question:

How do you value your "well-being" enough to want to change your life to gravitate away from music/concerts and electronic stuff - but feel that getting wasted like that is a good decision?

1 word, 2 syllables: College.

christopher
10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
I just got a copy of the new Star Fucking Hipsters album and I'm going to sit through it right now while doing homework.

ShatteredFlame
10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Nice. A Frank Ocean show would probably be lame anyway.

It'd be cool cause special guests will probably be there since he collabs with many awesome artists. But Jay-Z and Kanye are playing a show the same day so that kills most possibilities.

illuminatus917
10-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Just a question:

I understand it even less from a health POV. Why would a person who is overtly health conscious consume alcohol to this degree. People striving for max health, longevity, and physical fitness are being deleterious to themselves with the drunkenness.

I realize alcohol consumption can have health benefits with moderation, but I've certainly never read of any health benefits associated with waking up in vomit.

christopher
10-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I understand it even less from a health POV. Why would a person who is overtly health conscious consume alcohol to this degree. People striving for max health, longevity, and physical fitness are being deleterious to themselves with the drunkenness.

I realize alcohol consumption can have health benefits with moderation, but I've certainly never read of any health benefits associated with waking up in vomit.

Depends on how smart the person consuming the alcohol is. There is definitely a difference between someone being shit faced and blacked out shit faced. If someone go so far as to get blacked out every time they drink, then they have no argument in this. When I drank a lot more, I would get shit faced often, but still lived a healthy life style. My body could just handle taking over a dozen or so shots of Sailor Jerry every night and smoke a pack of ciggs every two days and still be able to run for an hour a day and muscle work outs every other day. I was healthy as fuck and still destroyed my body on a daily basis.

illuminatus917
10-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Depends on how smart the person consuming the alcohol is. There is definitely a difference between someone being shit faced and blacked out shit faced. If someone go so far as to get blacked out every time they drink, then they have no argument in this. When I drank a lot more, I would get shit faced often, but still lived a healthy life style. My body could just handle taking over a dozen or so shots of Sailor Jerry every night and smoke a pack of ciggs every two days and still be able to run for an hour a day and muscle work outs every other day. I was healthy as fuck and still destroyed my body on a daily basis.

Right. Well, there is a difference, but it still doesn't bypass the point. "Intoxication" is call intoxication because it's TOXIC. Drinking certain amounts of certain kinds of alcohol has plenty of health benefits, but when consumption reaches a certain level it becomes toxic. It could also be noted that "alcohol consumption" with moderation is different than "getting drunk" in moderation. Nothing about being drunk is moderate, since being "drunk" defies "moderation" by definition. So even if we all agreed there're no detrimental health ramifications to certain levels of drunkenness, that doesn't mean the consumer is practicing "moderation."

mankvill
10-23-2011, 11:28 PM

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/bd0c526bd47b496871f1dfa21632f806.png

Div
10-24-2011, 01:59 AM
fun fact: moderate alcohol consumption has been shown to have health benefits, while THC has no negative physical implications at all.

sugar and caffeine on the other hand....

mankvill
10-24-2011, 02:02 AM
fun fact: moderate alcohol consumption has been shown to have health benefits, while THC has no negative physical implications at all.

sugar and caffeine on the other hand....

fun fact: drugs are bad mmk?

Div
10-24-2011, 02:15 AM
fun fact: drugs are bad mmk?

mmk. :hmm:

Epidemic Reign
10-24-2011, 02:24 AM
http://spiritualweartees.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/wanna-get-high-bible_b.jpg

Nick_to_the_face
10-24-2011, 09:15 AM
http://spiritualweartees.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/wanna-get-high-bible_b.jpg

:lol:

GarageMetal468
10-24-2011, 09:54 AM
I got a hell of a 3 days ahead of me. A FUCK TON of school work and a big exam on Thursday morning. Luckily after that exam, I'm done! This will probably be the last time you guys see me on here for the next 3 days since I will be jammed up the ass with school work. But I will be rewarded with 5 shows in a row from Thursday to Monday :cool:

BloodoftheKings
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DBYZIMIhdd0
3:19

jd091
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
But I will be rewarded with 5 shows in a row from Thursday to Monday :cool:

You are crazy, man. Your body will be aching.

Speaking of which, do you have early entry tickets for Opeth? I know Daimonos and I do; we shoul try and meet up beforehand or something and all get rail spots.

GarageMetal468
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
You are crazy, man. Your body will be aching.

Speaking of which, do you have early entry tickets for Opeth? I know Daimonos and I do; we shoul try and meet up beforehand or something and all get rail spots.

Oh yeah. Opeth is the one show out of the 5 that's chill out. But it will be something I can look back on as I'm wrinkling old and be like, fuck yeah, I did that! It's going to a be a fun time all around though. You only live once, so why not! And no I do not, I didn't plan on getting rail spots anyway. Not a big deal, the Vic is slanted so unless some 7 foot tall guy is in front of you, you can see perfectly anywhere.

Also, I'm blowing my school work situation way out of proportion, I totally forgot I have ALL DAY Wednesday to do stuff as well, rather than cramming all of it today and tomorrow. So yeah, I gotta relax :allan:

GarageMetal468
10-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh, and if you think 5 shows in a row is intense, my friend is going SIX. Same ones I'm going to except GWAR/Ghoul in Milwaukee instead of Opeth and add Kvelertak/Skeletonwitch this Wednesday as well.

jd091
10-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Just found a video of me vaulting off of a security guard stagediving at that Cro-Mags show a couple weks ago. :dance: 1:38, I'm in the grey. Kind of weak; I need to work on my vault distance and leg placement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkXgtNOBVWY

;)

christopher
10-24-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm sitting at home, bored out of my mind and saw this on facebook

The Ocean Collective:
just played the Troubadour in LA

fml....:bouville: I forgot about the show..

Statutory-Mike
10-24-2011, 11:42 PM
I just cleaned my room.

MPF
10-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Just finished up my Halloween show airing tomorrow, and working on instrumental show for next week.

christopher
10-25-2011, 12:35 AM
I think I'm going to take an extra year to graduate. I'm thinking of doing a double major. I was originally wanting to do Applied Physics, but I realized that there aren't too many opportunities for that degree. I'm going to add Chemistry so that I could have more options.

xStructualDefect
10-25-2011, 01:43 AM
I saw the Chimaira tour tonight. They played great. Not familiar with all their stuff, but they played for about 90 minutes. Impending Doom was decent. I was expecting a lot worse from them. Surprisingly no hardcore dancing and only moshing, which is usually opposite when they play. And of course Revocation was fucking amazing.. from what I saw. I missed half their set from showing up late. I only remember Craddle Robber and Dismantle the Dictator. Oh well, I'm sure Revocation will be back soon.