PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]

brutal_descent
08-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Ease of Disgust? I watched them, and they weren't that good. They had a great review on Metal-Archives so I hoped it would be interesting, but it wasn't.

They're terrible. I've had to sit through them twice now :hmm:

BloodoftheKings
08-07-2012, 07:41 PM
I made the front page of le reddit today.

slapguitarer
08-07-2012, 07:46 PM
I was in the newspaper once.

BloodoftheKings
I was in the newspaper once.

Same.

brutal_descent
Someone once made a birthday thread for me.

GarageMetal468
08-07-2012, 09:12 PM
A local band put my head on one of their shirt designs.

brutal_descent
08-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Heading up to the North Bay tomorrow to visit some friends for a few days.

christopher
08-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Watching DBZ :D

kalfitegrdan
08-07-2012, 11:47 PM

I want that god damn shirt. :mad: And their new EP.

kalfitegrdan
08-07-2012, 11:52 PM

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/66963965/300.jpg

RAZOR
08-08-2012, 04:38 AM
:lol: Smash Potater. I didn't know they made shirts, haha.

slapguitarer
08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Heading up to the North Bay tomorrow to visit some friends for a few days.

Cool, just invite yourself over. :tp:

;)

MPF
08-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Shows I just got asked to cover *Bands highlighted are the bands I'll be interviewing so far*

AUGUST 29th- KISS/MÖTLEY CRÜE/THE TREATMENT @ MINNESOTA STATE FAIR

SEPTEMBER 16- KATATONIA- DEVIN TOWNSEND- PARADISE LOST- STOLEN BABIES @STATION 4

SEPTEMBER 18TH- BROKEN HOPE DECREPIT BIRTH, JUNGLE ROT AND ENCRUST @ STATION 4

OCTOBER 16TH- SEETHER- SICK PUPPIES- KYNG- EYE EMPIRE @ THE BRICK (NOW CALLED MILL CITY NIGHTS

NOVEMBER 15TH- MISS MAY I- THE GHOST INSIDE- LIKE MOTHS TO FLAMES- GLASS CLOUD @ STATION 4

NOVEMBER 18TH- GWAR- DEVILDRIVER- CANCER BATS- LEGACY OF DISORDER @ FIRST AVENUE

makethemsuffer12
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
At Summer Slaughter. Waiting for Veil of Maya. Best band so far is tied between Goatwhore and Exhumed. Cerebral Bore was sick, too.

dcmetal108
08-09-2012, 05:34 AM
College Tests this morning then off to day 1 of Chicago Comic Con.

MPF
08-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Got an interview at 1pm with....*gulp* Wal-Mart for a cashier positioning. Its money. I also really am hoping for a 1st or 3rd position full time or part time 2nd spot so I can keep doing interviews.

ravenheart
08-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Queuing outside the 100 Club in order to put up with 3-4 bands I don't care about before Overkill in 3.5 hours.

John The Drummer
08-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Been having terrible anxiety attacks all day, and I have to be a groosman in my friends wedding tonight... fuuuuuuuuuu-

El Gordo
08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Been having terrible anxiety attacks all day, and I have to be a groosman in my friends wedding tonight... fuuuuuuuuuu-

Have a beer. I was having an anxiety attack the morning of my wedding... and I don't have anxiety attacks. I had two beers at like, 8:30 am, worked like a charm!

dcmetal108
08-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Just got back from Day 1 of Comic Con.

IT WAS AMAZING. Bought tons of stuff and met some cool people. Met the guy who played Chewbacca and a few other older movie stars. Also bought my ticket to meet the Boondock Saints tomorrow!

dcmetal108
08-10-2012, 06:54 AM
So today is the comic con day I've been waiting for! Not only am I meeting the Boondock Saints today but I will also see William Shatner, Stan Lee, and sit in on the original Star Trek Captains Q&A! NERD POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IrritatedTrout
08-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Got a part-time job today. That was easy.:lol:

IrritatedTrout
08-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Also, is this lame? I came really close to getting 2 different Daron picks at the SOAD show the other night. I love Daron and the picks are really cool because they're triangle picks with the SOAD logo that looks like the NHL logo and Daron's name in the Oilers font. Really cool and unique design. So I didn't get one at the show but I was thinking about buying one on ebay. But is it dumb to spend money on a piece of plastic you didn't actually catch?

I can't decide.:hecho:

John The Drummer
08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Have a beer. I was having an anxiety attack the morning of my wedding... and I don't have anxiety attacks. I had two beers at like, 8:30 am, worked like a charm!

I don't do beer anymore, but I had one before the show and got an epic stomach ache :lol:

And to El Gordo.....

How much do they cost?

John The Drummer
08-10-2012, 12:38 PM
OH SHIT I MISSED MY 1000th POST!!! :(

Butcher of Birth
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Looking for a new job after being sacked today.

Cue the "aww I'm so sorry"'s ;)

El Gordo
08-10-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't do beer anymore, but I had one before the show and got an epic stomach ache :lol:

And to El Gordo.....

How much do they cost?

How much does what cost?

Anxiety attacks? Nothing. Maybe your sanity.

Beers? In Canada, too much. The cheap stuff is $28.95 a 24.

Weddings? More than you want to spend, but if you marry the right chick it's all worth it.

...and I know you meant to ask about the SOAD picks. :lol:

mankvill
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
bleurgh. There's one venue in Lawrence that's having a ton of amazing shows coming up but their tickets aren't on Ticketmaster, where I have giftcards to, so I gotta go into Lawrence to get them and it'll probably cost around $80 to get them all. Not having a job sucks :(

MPF
08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
So yeah, that Lamb Of God interview I was talking about a while back.....

:D :D :D

XDoomsayerX
08-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Not having a job sucks :(

Haha I fee ya!

So yeah, that Lamb Of God interview I was talking about a while back.....

:D :D :D

Ask him if LOG plans on making a good album again. haha Seriously though that's sick that you got it.

Its 110 degrees outside, even at night it only cools down to 85. Fuck this heat.

Dextrimental
08-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Also, is this lame? I came really close to getting 2 different Daron picks at the SOAD show the other night. I love Daron and the picks are really cool because they're triangle picks with the SOAD logo that looks like the NHL logo and Daron's name in the Oilers font. Really cool and unique design. So I didn't get one at the show but I was thinking about buying one on ebay. But is it dumb to spend money on a piece of plastic you didn't actually catch?

I can't decide.:hecho:

If they're cheap and you don't associate them with the concert and just have them as a cool piece of merchandise, I say go for it.

kalfitegrdan
08-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Going to Chicago Comic Con tomorrow, then going to eat at Kuma's Corner (metal-themed restaurant) and rounding out the night with seeing mc chris/Powerglove. Gonna be a fun day. :party:

dcmetal108
08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Going to Chicago Comic Con tomorrow, then going to eat at Kuma's Corner (metal-themed restaurant) and rounding out the night with seeing mc chris/Powerglove. Gonna be a fun day. :party:

Comic was awesome today. Wanted to go tomorrow so I could have met all 3 of the boondock saints but sadly I work 10-7.

kalfitegrdan
08-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Comic was awesome today. Wanted to go tomorrow so I could have met all 3 of the boondock saints but sadly I work 10-7.

Damn, dude. That sucks. I thought all three were there today.

dcmetal108
08-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Damn, dude. That sucks. I thought all three were there today.

Nope Reedus cancelled today as it turned out he was filming Walking Dead today so I met Flanagan and Rocco twice. Both pro group photo then a photo with each at their booth and a signed photo from each.

kalfitegrdan
08-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Nope Reedus cancelled today as it turned out he was filming Walking Dead today so I met Flanagan and Rocco twice. Both pro group photo then a photo with each at their booth and a signed photo from each.

Is Norman gonna be there tomorrow? I know that one of my friends that I'm going with has a boner for him and wants to get a picture with him tomorrow.

dcmetal108
08-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Is Norman gonna be there tomorrow? I know that one of my friends that I'm going with has a boner for him and wants to get a picture with him tomorrow.

Yeah he will. I got to meet tons of people and take pics of everyone but Stan Lee. Not even press was allowed to snap free pics of him.

Expect at least $40 for a pic with him though.

kalfitegrdan
08-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah he will. I got to meet tons of people and take pics of everyone but Stan Lee. Not even press was allowed to snap free pics of him.

Expect at least $40 for a pic with him though.

Fuck that.

dcmetal108
08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Fuck that.

I paid $55 for the pic with Rocco And Flanagan which was pro done then $20 for a autographed pic and a pic with Rocco and $30 for a autogrophed pic and a pic with Flanagan.

MPF
08-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Ask him if LOG plans on making a good album again. haha Seriously though that's sick that you got it.

As I said back when the album came out, there are 3-4 very solid tracks on it and the rest is very LOG sounding.

I am wondering if I should ask him if while in Prison, he thought about getting a Casio keyboard and making a solo album. :lol:

energymetal14
08-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Just got back from Summer Slaughter, it was incredible, Cannibal, Corpse is SO heavy live! I would post setlists/review, but I don't have all the sets and I know someone else will probably do it and do a better job:D

Crionics
08-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Anyone have ideas for what to do with some patches other than clothing and bags?

ravenheart
08-11-2012, 03:31 AM
Anyone have ideas for what to do with some pathes other than clothing and bags?

Make a patchwork quilt.

treghet
08-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Anyone have ideas for what to do with some pathes other than clothing and bags?

Sew them to your body.

John The Drummer
08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Went and saw "The Campaign" last night, me and my girlfriend were laughing throughout almost the entire movie, it was hilarious!

ravenheart
08-11-2012, 06:44 PM
The people next door are out in their garden with guests. It's now 3:45am and they've been there, admittedly previously with more guests than are there now, for over 9 hours.

Seriously, I don't like ANYONE enough to be in their company that long.

RAZOR
08-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Anyone have ideas for what to do with some patches other than clothing and bags?

I think putting them in a shadowbox or something and hanging them on a wall might look pretty cool.

mankvill
08-11-2012, 09:06 PM
The people next door are out in their garden with guests. It's now 3:45am and they've been there, admittedly previously with more guests than are there now, for over 9 hours.

Seriously, I don't like ANYONE enough to be in their company that long.

only because you haven't hung out with me :D

kalfitegrdan
08-12-2012, 12:18 AM
After I went to Comic Con and Kuma's Corner, went to see mc chris (will post a setlist/review if anyone is interested) and apparently the security guard didn't check my I.D. close enough because I ended up with a 21+ wristband, so I got to make my first liquor purchases four months earlier than expected. :D

masterguy49
08-12-2012, 12:23 AM
After I went to Comic Con and Kuma's Corner, went to see mc chris (will post a setlist/review if anyone is interested) and apparently the security guard didn't check my I.D. close enough because I ended up with a 21+ wristband, so I got to make my first liquor purchases four months earlier than expected. :D

Did he kick anyone out? :lol:

kalfitegrdan
08-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Did he kick anyone out? :lol:

Naw, I was waiting for it the whole night. :lol:

masterguy49
08-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Naw, I was waiting for it the whole night. :lol:

That's great, I'm pretty sure he will never do it again because if he does, the internet will rape him, poor guy. :lol:

Anyways my laptop recently got completely fucked, cause apparently the motherboard is completely destroyed. Putting my money from working this summer together and with some help with my parents I'll be buying/making a pretty badass desktop. I think I'll be PC gaming more once I do as well :tongue:

JRA
08-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Nobody can just write a fucking song anymore, everything has to be 9 minutes long with zillions of stupid clean guitar parts in it. Guess what jackass, when Iron Maiden did that with Rime of the Ancient Mariner people were shocked because they’d never heard that before. They had the Troopers and Prowlers in their catalog to make you think this wasn’t just the same old same old. But when you do it, your just coloring inside the lines. You aren’t writing Rime of the Ancient Mariner, you’re writing You Shook Me All Night Long.

Crionics
08-12-2012, 08:13 PM
So, I could enroll in a class taught by Mike Bishop (original bassist of GWAR) right now if I wanted to....

kalfitegrdan
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Nobody can just write a fucking song anymore, everything has to be 9 minutes long with zillions of stupid clean guitar parts in it. Guess what jackass, when Iron Maiden did that with Rime of the Ancient Mariner people were shocked because they’d never heard that before. They had the Troopers and Prowlers in their catalog to make you think this wasn’t just the same old same old. But when you do it, your just coloring inside the lines. You aren’t writing Rime of the Ancient Mariner, you’re writing You Shook Me All Night Long.

Rime of the Ancient Mariner just came up on my phone's shuffle while reading this comment. That is all.

XDoomsayerX
08-12-2012, 11:36 PM
So, I could enroll in a class taught by Mike Bishop (original bassist of GWAR) right now if I wanted to....

What class is it? Doesn't singer of Bad Religion teach at UCLA or something?

christopher
08-12-2012, 11:47 PM
What class is it? Doesn't singer of Bad Religion teach at UCLA or something?

Yeah, he taught history or something like that for a while, now he teaches in NY at the moment.

JRA
08-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Rime of the Ancient Mariner just came up on my phone's shuffle while reading this comment. That is all.

Um...:fist:

BloodoftheKings
08-13-2012, 07:31 AM

I would take that class in a heartbeat.

mastodon421
08-13-2012, 07:44 AM
My ride to Gojira backed out and I broke my phone :bouville:

dcmetal108
08-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Well I'm officially a college student.

Plus All Stars Tour is today and Century Media Records is paying for my ticket for no reason at all!

slapguitarer
08-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm packing stuff for college. Move in is hella close. I'm excited but anxious/nervous too.

llama lom
08-13-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't move in for another month. Damn.

Onioner
08-13-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm packing stuff for college. Move in is hella close. I'm excited but anxious/nervous too.

Don't worry dude, by the second week or so you'll probably be in a pretty comfortable groove. Just don't go overboard with the fact that you're gonna be away from your folks and no one will be telling you what to do. Just always keep in mind that you have work to do or shit to study for (and actually get around to that of course) and you'll have an amazing amount of fun.

Also if you wanna meet other metalheads, just wear some band shirts for the first few weeks and they'll come to you haha. I met a bunch of people, a couple of whom are now some of my really good friends, just from making conversation over my British Steel shirt at a party.

slapguitarer
08-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Band shirts are pretty much all I got, so hopefully it works.

Crionics
08-13-2012, 04:42 PM

We're in the same boat haha, where are you going?

And Bishop was teaching "Popular Music" A study of media coverage of music, I think.

slapguitarer
08-13-2012, 04:50 PM
We're in the same boat haha, where are you going?

And Bishop was teaching "Popular Music" A study of media coverage of music, I think.

San Jose State University. Major is Jazz Studies.

DementedX14
08-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Also if you wanna meet other metalheads, just wear some band shirts for the first few weeks and they'll come to you haha. I met a bunch of people, a couple of whom are now some of my really good friends, just from making conversation over my British Steel shirt at a party.

Wish that happen to me. The only time that somebody commented on my shirt outside of a concert was at Boston for my Tool shirt. All other times people just seem to look away. :eyes:

kalfitegrdan
08-13-2012, 05:52 PM

:lol: That happened to me. I met one of my good friends at a kegger because we had a conversation about the new Iron Maiden album becuase I was wearing my Maiden shirt.

dcmetal108
08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Left All Star Tours during I See Stars and before The Word Alive and Suicide Silence played.

Other than Stick To Your Guns and Winds Of Plague who fucking destroyed the show was a miserable wreck.

mastodon421
08-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Left All Star Tours during I See Stars and before The Word Alive and Suicide Silence played.

Other than Stick To Your Guns and Winds Of Plague who fucking destroyed the show was a miserable wreck.

What a shocker:tp:

illuminatus917
08-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Shit gets built up just to fall apart. Proved time and time again.

dcmetal108
08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Shit gets built up just to fall apart. Proved time and time again.

It's not that.

It was just a early morning and a long day before the show and many of the bands I thought would be decent sucked and it was a bad turn out. The crowd was pretty dead. During alot of bands you could just see over half the crowd sitting on the floor.

So much for my big exciting concert the day before my birthday tomorrow.

XDoomsayerX
08-13-2012, 10:46 PM
It's not that.

It was just a early morning and a long day before the show and many of the bands I thought would be decent sucked and it was a bad turn out. The crowd was pretty dead. During alot of bands you could just see over half the crowd sitting on the floor.

They actually sat on the GA floor?

If only you attended this prior to your B-day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMYMJWniR_Q

Sooo fucking amazing!

MPF
08-13-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm apparently interviewing Iwrestledabearonce October 17th

I have a feeling I will break Mank's heart now for acknowledging them. :lol:

dcmetal108
08-14-2012, 04:09 AM
They actually sat on the GA floor?

If only you attended this prior to your B-day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMYMJWniR_Q

Sooo fucking amazing!

I hate you for that video hahaha and yes they sat on the GA floor. Some people were sitting like 10 feet from the stage.

And as of today I'm 19.

mastodon421
08-14-2012, 05:56 AM
It's not that.

That sucks that you went to such a shitty show the day before your birthday. I lucked out this year going to NEMHF the day before and on my 20th birthday. Hopefully you get a redemption next year bro.

dcmetal108
08-14-2012, 06:50 AM
I mean I had a amazing kickass time during Stick To Your Guns and Winds Of Plague because the pit was filled with real hardcore guys there for just those 2 bands. Then they all went and sat in the back again.

The pit was filled with guys in Terror, Trapped Under Ice (that was my shirt), Backtrack, Xibalba, Harm's Way, Naysayer, Rotting Out, STYG, and other real hardcore bands. The looks on the kids faces who liked bands like A Skylit Drive was funny as hell. They look terrified.

GarageMetal468
08-14-2012, 09:08 AM
New Immolation album coming in early 2013 :D:D:D

kalfitegrdan
08-14-2012, 09:15 AM
I hate you for that video hahaha and yes they sat on the GA floor. Some people were sitting like 10 feet from the stage.

And as of today I'm 19.

Happy birthday, dude!

Crionics
08-14-2012, 09:40 AM
San Jose State University. Major is Jazz Studies.

Ah cool I'll be at University of Virginia. Probably will major in either Physics or Econ. My move in is the 25th.

It's known for being a "preppy" university, so we'll see how they react to my Absu shirt haha.

Dextrimental
08-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Kind of bummed I'm going to have to get rid of a bunch of my favorite non-tour t shirts. I've lost a fair bit of weight, and they're too big for me so I never wear them anymore. They're in great condition, so I may as well ship 'em off to new owners. Ah well I guess!

Onioner
08-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Kind of bummed I'm going to have to get rid of a bunch of my favorite non-tour t shirts. I've lost a fair bit of weight, and they're too big for me so I never wear them anymore. They're in great condition, so I may as well ship 'em off to new owners. Ah well I guess!

Same thing happened to me last year, I have a big old pile of XLs that are way too big for me now. It's too bad, there are some really, really cool ones in there! I figure I can keep them in case I get fat again when I'm old haha.

Dextrimental
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Same thing happened to me last year, I have a big old pile of XLs that are way too big for me now. It's too bad, there are some really, really cool ones in there! I figure I can keep them in case I get fat again when I'm old haha.

I have all the old tour ones for that, haha! They're the ones with the real sentimental value as well! I mostly need to make space for more t shirts as well! :lol:

illuminatus917
08-14-2012, 06:34 PM
College is a massive headache.

Natrlhi
08-14-2012, 06:48 PM
College is a massive headache.:violin: Suck it up, Mary. College is the time of your fucking life. Trust me.

XDoomsayerX
08-14-2012, 06:52 PM
:violin: Suck it up, Mary. College is the time of your fucking life. Trust me.

Yup def enjoyable, yeah courses can be difficult and depending what you want to pursue it could be tough but if you aint liking the ride do something about it. I changed major technically 3 times haha.

illuminatus917
08-14-2012, 07:03 PM
:violin: Suck it up, Mary. College is the time of your fucking life. Trust me.

No... it's not.

Natrlhi
08-14-2012, 07:11 PM
No... it's not.You will eat those words in time - I have absolutely no doubt of that. It may not seem like it now, but I have never met anyone who disagreed. Ever.

dcmetal108
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
I didn't get a birthday thread.

FUCK YOU ALL!

illuminatus917
08-14-2012, 07:46 PM
You will eat those words in time - I have absolutely no doubt of that. It may not seem like it now, but I have never met anyone who disagreed. Ever.

I don't think so. I mean, I don't like to say anything definitely will be anything, or that someone will definitely see something a certain way in time, because doing that implies certitude, which is a dangerous thing. But I would hedge my bets I'll look back on college exactly as I view it now - somewhat useful, exceedingly overrated, and a shit ton of trouble.

llama lom
08-14-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't think so. I mean, I don't like to say anything definitely will be anything, or that someone will definitely see something a certain way in time, because doing that implies certitude, which is a dangerous thing. But I would hedge my bets I'll look back on college exactly as I view it now - somewhat useful, exceedingly overrated, and a shit ton of trouble.

College is what you make of it. Whatever you want to come out of it, you can probably do. The social resources are there, the academic resources are there, and probably anything else you are interesting in is available to you. It's taken me two years to realize all of this myself but if you take the time to find the things you want, you'll get them.

idrinkwine732
08-14-2012, 09:33 PM
College is the perfect environment for so many people. It has the social structure of a day care but allows you to have responsibility, something everyone's looking for.

I love college, purely because I think this is the last time that I'm certain I'll feel exceptional. Here I have great friends, a kickass job and a really good GPA. It's a lot to handle, but I like it that way. When I enter the real world, I don't have that much security.

Onioner
08-14-2012, 10:08 PM
College has so far been a really awesome experience for me, although not exactly for the same reasons that wine listed. I got pretty mediocre grades despite putting the most effort into studying I've ever done (electrical engineering at UCLA is pure torture from Lucifer himself :dfork:), but I made some truly great friends, knocked off 35 pounds, had some absolutely amazing metal-related experiences, learned some of the most interesting and cool material I've ever been taught, upped my self confidence like crazy, and easily had the most fun and adventure-filled year of my life.

If you can manage your time and energy well and prioritize the things in your life the way they should be, then college will be as great as it can get. There's room for partying, shows, hanging out and goofing off, but the important shit needs to come first (class, work, health, you name it).

What exactly is it about college that you find overrated or a shit ton of trouble illuminatus? Your college experience is really ultimately based on your own choices, actions and ambition- depending on what you decide to spend your time on and the resources and opportunities that you take advantage of (or don't take advantage of!), college can be the best or most depressing four years of your life.

XDoomsayerX
08-14-2012, 10:51 PM
College has so far been a really awesome experience for me, although not exactly for the same reasons that wine listed. I got pretty mediocre grades despite putting the most effort into studying I've ever done (electrical engineering at UCLA is pure torture from Lucifer himself :dfork:), but I made some truly great friends, knocked off 35 pounds, had some absolutely amazing metal-related experiences, learned some of the most interesting and cool material I've ever been taught, upped my self confidence like crazy, and easily had the most fun and adventure-filled year of my life.

If you can manage your time and energy well and prioritize the things in your life the way they should be, then college will be as great as it can get. There's room for partying, shows, hanging out and goofing off, but the important shit needs to come first (class, work, health, you name it).

What exactly is it about college that you find overrated or a shit ton of trouble illuminatus? Your college experience is really ultimately based on your own choices, actions and ambition- depending on what you decide to spend your time on and the resources and opportunities that you take advantage of (or don't take advantage of!), college can be the best or most depressing four years of your life.

This guy is spot on right here! Couldn't agree with ya anymore. All my three years thus far have been different and I've enjoyed em more than disliked em. Cannot wait to see what this next year will be like. :D

On a different note, o where can a fella attend a hardcore show with this ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkyjcg5klkE
:drool::bowdown:

treghet
08-14-2012, 11:40 PM
On a different note, o where can a fella attend a hardcore show with this ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkyjcg5klkE
:drool::bowdown:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/donzorart/sets/72157622891344043/with/4191815434/

XDoomsayerX
08-15-2012, 12:35 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donzorart/sets/72157622891344043/with/4191815434/

Laaaaame. haha In 2009 I had no clue who Have Heart was. Sucks I'll never see em unless they do a reunion. Where you at that show treghet?

treghet
08-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Nope. I didn't start to get into hardcore until about a year later. I don't really mind though, since I rarely listen to them now. They were more like a gateway band for me.

illuminatus917
08-15-2012, 07:21 AM

Overrated because every successful person I know uses a very small percentage of what he/she learned in college in their actual profession, and will tell you so. As will professors and college faculty tell you.

"It is what you make it" is simply not always true. Many things are out of your hands when dealing with any university or related institution. Courses dropped by error of the registrar leaving the student to sort the mess out, apartment not as promised or described by the landlord when the tenant signed the lease, sudden changes in curriculum requirements, negation of transferable credits, "out of date" courses, etc. I learned recently the Federal government will not let you file bankruptcy on student loans, regardless of not being able to find employment post-college or receiving public assistance.

I love learning as much as the next guy, but college is still a fucking headache.

DementedX14
08-15-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm with illuminatus on college. It was mostly a waste of time and money that simply was not worth it. If I had a chance to do it all over again I would definitely go to community college and decide whether to attend a state university or not.

Also, fuck private student loans.

IrritatedTrout
08-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Who the hell takes a private student loan?

I mean, I'm guessing you.;) But why?

DementedX14
08-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Who the hell takes a private student loan?

I mean, I'm guessing you.;) But why?

Hope and ignorance my friend. I mean I don't mind paying it but they are not reasonable at all. Fuck usury as well.

MPF
08-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Lamb Of God's reps decided to push all interviews back to October..FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

ravenheart
08-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Lamb Of God's reps decided to push all interviews back to October..FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

There's a shock :lol:

XDoomsayerX
08-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Nope. I didn't start to get into hardcore until about a year later. I don't really mind though, since I rarely listen to them now. They were more like a gateway band for me.

I see. Had you been there I would've envied you. haha But yeah I can understand the last part, Have Heart seem really accessible. Kinda like a starter band for hardcore music.

Onioner
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Overrated because every successful person I know uses a very small percentage of what he/she learned in college in their actual profession, and will tell you so. As will professors and college faculty tell you.

"It is what you make it" is simply not always true. Many things are out of your hands when dealing with any university or related institution. Courses dropped by error of the registrar leaving the student to sort the mess out, apartment not as promised or described by the landlord when the tenant signed the lease, sudden changes in curriculum requirements, negation of transferable credits, "out of date" courses, etc. I learned recently the Federal government will not let you file bankruptcy on student loans, regardless of not being able to find employment post-college or receiving public assistance.

I love learning as much as the next guy, but college is still a fucking headache.

Well, yeah, of course we're not really gonna use half of the information we learn in class unless you're pre-med or pre-law or something. Most jobs really don't require a whole lot of knowledge to perform well, but it's the fact that we showed the dedication, problem solving ability and competitive drive to earn that degree that makes it looks nice on a resume and what prepares us for the working world. That's why employers won't take something like a Philosophy BA nearly as seriously as something like a science or engineering degree. The learning is just one part of it, the social experience, and the kind of fake, amenity filled wonderland that college creates (as wine mentioned) are all just as much a part of the whole thing.

And yeah, clerical bullshit sucks, but it's something that you just gotta take care of, every college student (myself included, I got fucked for the classes I needed for two out of the four quarters that this school year has encompassed) has probably run into those problems repeatedly in their four years, especially if they're at a public university. Yeah it's a pain, but has it really brought the overall college experience down that much for you? And that apartment thing, that's just real life man. Regardless of whether you're in college or not, that shit can just happen when you're living on your own.

I'll give you that student loan point though, no one gets to choose their family's financial situation and I know it can really be a struggle to keep the financial stuff in check. Look, if what I've said really just doesn't apply to you or is out of context for whatever reason, then fair enough and I won't say anything further. The only thing that I'll say is that you seem to be missing on almost all the things good about college- the stuff that you mentioned bringing the experience down for you has always seemed like minor hurdles for me and the people I know compared to the amazing times we've had (except the student loan thing of course).

MPF
08-15-2012, 09:04 PM
There's a shock :lol:

I did get an email back that it had nothing to do with me. In fact they had no problem with me being the second interview Randy was going to do. But the label thought it was in the best interest to wait until October to help promote that tour better and let the "OMG YOU WERE IN PRISON?!?!?!?!" stuff die down for a while.

And because of this, IF this hits the MN/WI area, I will get to interview both Lamb Of God and Dethklok

So in the end it will be a fair trade off.

ravenheart
08-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Well, yeah, of course we're not really gonna use half of the information we learn in class unless you're pre-med or pre-law or something. Most jobs really don't require a whole lot of knowledge to perform well, but it's the fact that we showed the dedication, problem solving ability and competitive drive to earn that degree that makes it looks nice on a resume and what prepares us for the working world. That's why employers won't take something like a Philosophy BA nearly as seriously as something like a science or engineering degree.

This. I always told my students that in most of education it's not what you learn, it's proving that you have the ability and dedication to learn and work hard.

TonyD
08-16-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/justinhager/766142366/1/tumblr_l4ztunBVEI1qcapm0
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4zsyjpStr1qcapm0o1_400.jpg
This (http://justinhager.tumblr.com/) is hilarious.

MPF
08-16-2012, 01:44 PM
What happens when Sleep does their best Carl Sagan impersonations?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=372875072782468&set=a.115706985165946.14896.114683338601644&type=1&ref=nf

jd091
08-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Pretty good article actually from Stuff You Will Hate (not written by Sergeant D) about the backwards elitism of Metal Archives, if you haven't seen this yet:

http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/2012/08/metal-archives-com-bunch-of-imn-elitists-who-r-trying-to-deny-the-talent-influence-of-true-metal/

All the over-the-top humor of the article aside, the point it makes (people who run the website are butthurt nerds who don't want to accept metal bands they don't like) is pretty valid. I understand you have the right to run your website the way you want, but calling your website an "encyclopedia of metal" and then making arbitrary decisions on the definition of the genre based on personal preference seems pretty ignorant and elitist, not in the good way. What you guys think?

Notable bands I would consider metal (notice: didn't say I "liked" them) that aren't included:

-Between the Buried and me
-Slipknot
-Parkway Drive
-suicide silence
-Emmure
-Chelsea Grin
-iwrestledabearonce
-Born Of Osiris
-Bring Me The Horizon
-Agoraphobic Nosebleed
-protest the hero

And the list goes on. Yet bands like Whitechapel, JFAC, and Winds of Plague stay on there. I did some research and found that BTBAM and some others USED to be on there, but then were removed since the nerds couldn't take it. I guess the moral of this post is that it's pretty ridiculous to take anything on that website seriously. :(

llama lom
08-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Pretty good article actually from Stuff You Will Hate (not written by Sergeant D) about the backwards elitism of Metal Archives, if you haven't seen this yet:

http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/2012/08/metal-archives-com-bunch-of-imn-elitists-who-r-trying-to-deny-the-talent-influence-of-true-metal/

All the over-the-top humor of the article aside, the point it makes (people who run the website are butthurt nerds who don't want to accept metal bands they don't like) is pretty valid. I understand you have the right to run your website the way you want, but calling your website an "encyclopedia of metal" and then making arbitrary decisions on the definition of the genre based on personal preference seems pretty ignorant and elitist, not in the good way. What you guys think?

Notable bands I would consider metal (notice: didn't say I "liked" them) that aren't included:

-Slipknot
-Parkway Drive
-suicide silence
-Emmure
-Chelsea Grin
-iwrestledabearonce
-Born Of Osiris
-Bring Me The Horizon
-Agoraphobic Nosebleed
-protest the hero

And the list goes on. Yet bands like Whitechapel, JFAC, and Winds of Plague stay on there. I did some research and found that BTBAM and some others USED to be on there, but then were removed since the nerds couldn't take it. I guess the moral of this post is that it's pretty ridiculous to take anything on that website seriously. :(

Fuck MA. If it wasn't the only place that had the majority of bands on it, I'd stay as far away as possible from it. I know they also make a point in removing pages of bands that don't have any physical releases, which if you think about it, eliminates A LOT of bands that release purely through the Internet, like Disfiguring the Goddess and Cloudkicker (I think?). The reviews are choaen arbitrarily too. I've tried submitting reviews and every time they've been denied because they weren't specific enough. Meanwhile plenty of reviews give no specifics except "It's not as good as album X as I don't like it." Anyways, the rules suck and that place needs a major overhaul.

treghet
08-16-2012, 02:30 PM
If they want to exclude bands that are not completely metal, that's fine. I don't consider any of those bands to be 100% metal. What I don't get is the hypocrisy of the site. You can't exclude all those bands and then have Whitechapel, I Declare War, and others on there.

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
MA's rules for what bands can and cant be on there really don't make any sense. What it really boils down to is whether or not the mods like the band. While Faith No More is one of my all time favorite bands, why do they have a page on MA but BTBAM doesn't? In what universe are FNM more metal than BTBAM? I couldn't read that SYWH article because the humor was obnoxious but it's still a pretty good point all jokes aside.

mankvill
08-16-2012, 02:57 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/524553_3981506374671_913019720_n.jpg

Best meal I've eva had in my life

Spiner202
08-16-2012, 02:58 PM

http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/2012...of-true-metal/

I love MA, and even though their rules sometimes don't make sense, you won't find something better. The elitism isn't that bad; I'd rather have it this way than having them include everything. I honestly couldn't take the article seriously that they were making such a strong case for BMTH.

Slipknot is one band that I can see should probably be on the archives, but I do understand most of the bands they reject. I tend to agree with them; a lot of metalcore/deathcore/nu-metal isn't really all that metal.

MPF
08-16-2012, 03:00 PM
E.A. SPORTS.......IT'S IN THE CHAMBER:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/ea-guns-and-the-dangers-of-brand-identity-6391777/

mankvill
08-16-2012, 03:23 PM
I love MA, and even though their rules sometimes don't make sense, you won't find something better. The elitism isn't that bad; I'd rather have it this way than having them include everything. I honestly couldn't take the article seriously that they were making such a strong case for BMTH.

Slipknot is one band that I can see should probably be on the archives, but I do understand most of the bands they reject. I tend to agree with them; a lot of metalcore/deathcore/nu-metal isn't really all that metal.

Pretty much. Never take anything that faggot writes (Sergeant D, not JD [although jd is hella gay too]) with a grain of salt, because he lives to "troll," and not the good kind of "trolling," but like the within-the-last-12-months-new-to-4chan-and-9gag "trolling."

BTBAM should be on MA, everything else shouldn't.

El Gordo
08-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Fuck MA. If it wasn't the only place that had the majority of bands on it, I'd stay as far away as possible from it. I know they also make a point in removing pages of bands that don't have any physical releases, which if you think about it, eliminates A LOT of bands that release purely through the Internet, like Disfiguring the Goddess and Cloudkicker (I think?). The reviews are choaen arbitrarily too. I've tried submitting reviews and every time they've been denied because they weren't specific enough. Meanwhile plenty of reviews give no specifics except "It's not as good as album X as I don't like it." Anyways, the rules suck and that place needs a major overhaul.

Give me a break. That site is one of the very best on the internet. They have to draw the line somewhere, and that line is up to them. It takes an absolute shitload of work to keep that site running. And don't get offended that they didn't accept your reviews, they get a lot. Although I'm sure that if the reasoning in your reviews is as sound as the reasoning in this post, your reviews definitely deserve to be there. ;)

powerslave_85
08-16-2012, 03:43 PM

-Slipknot
-Parkway Drive
-suicide silence
-Emmure
-Chelsea Grin
-iwrestledabearonce
-Born Of Osiris
-Bring Me The Horizon
-Agoraphobic Nosebleed
-protest the hero

And the list goes on. Yet bands like Whitechapel, JFAC, and Winds of Plague stay on there. I did some research and found that BTBAM and some others USED to be on there, but then were removed since the nerds couldn't take it. I guess the moral of this post is that it's pretty ridiculous to take anything on that website seriously. :(Hahaha, what kind of fucking idiot doesn't consider Agoraphobic Nosebleed metal?

treghet
08-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Hahaha, what kind of fucking idiot doesn't consider Agoraphobic Nosebleed metal?

One that knows they are a grindcore band.

Edit: But then again they do have plenty of grindcore bands on the site, so I guess they should be there as well.

powerslave_85
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
One that knows they are a grindcore band.

Edit: But then again they do have plenty of grindcore bands on the site, so I guess they should be there as well.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/592/my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

John The Drummer
08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
...Rush is on MA too... :eyes:

treghet
08-16-2012, 03:56 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/592/my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

Grindcore is not directly related to metal. It's an evolution of crust punk. With that said there are plenty of bands that cross over, like Napalm Death, Rotten Sound, and Brutal Truth.

slapguitarer
08-16-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm all moved in my dorm and stuff. My roommate doesn't get here 'til Saturday, so I have the room to myself for a couple nights.

jd091
08-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Pretty much. Never take anything that faggot writes (Sergeant D, not JD [although jd is hella gay too]) with a grain of salt, because he lives to "troll," and not the good kind of "trolling," but like the within-the-last-12-months-new-to-4chan-and-9gag "trolling."

BTBAM should be on MA, everything else shouldn't.

I EXPLICITLY SAID THAT SARGE DID NOT WRITE THIS ARTICLE JUST BECAUSE I KNEW YOU'D SAY THAT AND YOU STILL DID :lol:

MPF
08-16-2012, 05:36 PM
In just a couple hours I went from not interviewing Cannibal Corpse tomorrow due to their whole weekend being booked, to being the main interviewing of the day. :lol:

I can't fucking wait for tomorrow. Cannibal Corpse, The Faceless, Periphery, Veil Of Maya, Job For A Cowboy and Exhumed!

mankvill
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
I EXPLICITLY SAID THAT SARGE DID NOT WRITE THIS ARTICLE JUST BECAUSE I KNEW YOU'D SAY THAT AND YOU STILL DID :lol:

implying i read that shit

implying i didn't just see it was from his faggy site

XDoomsayerX
08-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Why can't the Angels go on a hot streak, on paper such a good team?!:confused:

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Tonight I was so fucking close to going a whole party without 1 girl asking me why i'm so quiet. 10 minutes before I leave this one girl just had to say it. :mad:

treghet
08-16-2012, 08:04 PM
implying i read that shit

implying i didn't just see it was from his faggy site

No excuse, he put it in the first sentence.

treghet
08-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Tonight I was so fucking close to going a whole party without 1 girl asking me why i'm so quiet. 10 minutes before I leave this one girl just had to say it. :mad:

Drink more.

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Drink more.

There was no alcohol at the party. Plus I took my car so that wouldn't be an option anyway.

illuminatus917
08-16-2012, 08:26 PM
The plight of being quiet at a party...

Lonely white bird on a wire of black ones

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2012, 08:34 PM
I'd like to clarify that I wasn't being quiet for most of the party. It was just the last 30 minutes I was there after my friends left. There's just that girl every single time who seems to be shocked that someone isn't talking. I always just try to laugh it off but it really annoys the shit out of me.

llama lom
08-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd like to clarify that I wasn't being quiet for most of the party. It was just the last 30 minutes I was there after my friends left. There's just that girl every single time who seems to be shocked that someone isn't talking. I always just try to laugh it off but it really annoys the shit out of me.

Some people can't seem to understand that some people are content sitting in silence (I'm assuming this holds true to you).

illuminatus917
08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Some people can't seem to understand that some people are content sitting in silence (I'm assuming this holds true to you).

It holds true for anyone who doesn't always desire attention.

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2012, 08:52 PM

Yeah I really don't understand people like that. Earlier this week my friends 14 year old sister was asking me why I was quiet and she said she can't even imagine being in a car alone with no one to talk to. If I never had time to myself I think I would go insane.

It holds true for anyone who doesn't always desire attention.

This.

kalfitegrdan
08-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Oh god. This.

My best friend, who has went with me the past four years, just backed out of going to Summer Slaughter tomorrow (for free) because his girlfriend "isn't feeling well..." :hecho:

MPF
08-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Oh god. This.

My best friend, who has went with me the past four years, just backed out of going to Summer Slaughter tomorrow (for free) because his girlfriend "isn't feeling well..." :hecho:

Are you still going?

jd091
08-16-2012, 10:17 PM
One of the best commercials I've seen in a while. For Keystone Light, nonetheless. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guq8NVAn2dk

kalfitegrdan
08-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Are you still going?

Oh yeah, most definitely.

GarageMetal468
08-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Forgot to mention, a couple days ago I finally finished learning Soulreaper, so I now know all of Storm of the Light's Bane on guitar! :party::rocker:

MPF
08-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Leaving in less then a half hour for Milwaukee for Summer Slaughter. Still really tired, but I can't wait!

dcmetal108
08-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Going to California Pizza Kitchen for my birthday then going to see Expendables 2!

XDoomsayerX
08-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Fucking Angels! :bawling: I should become a Yankees fan and Lakers fan that way I'll rarely get angry at losing.

MPF
08-18-2012, 02:10 AM
JUST got home from Summer Slaughter in Milwaukee. Review and interviews probably on Sunday unless I get beaten to the punch. Off to bed to HOPEFULLY go to Knotfest tomorrow.

street_burial
08-18-2012, 03:00 AM
Will have a review of the misery index show up tonight or sometime tomorrow. But holy shit it was fucking amazing.

John The Drummer
08-18-2012, 08:00 AM
My FB profile is about to change over to the timeline.... ugh, it's so ugly and hard to look at.

John The Drummer
08-18-2012, 08:14 AM
BTW, got this picture from my friends wedding, and after doing this photoedit... I win all t3h internetz

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/530045_4063566781018_414057123_n.jpg

Travis The Dragon
08-18-2012, 11:48 AM
About to leave for Knotfest!!! :rocker:

dcmetal108
08-18-2012, 07:42 PM
The videos I saw of Knotfest day 1 make it look fucking insane.

RampinUp46
08-18-2012, 08:19 PM
My Omen 6 (actually not bad for a $200 guitar) fell to the floor and the satin finish cracked. :mad:

Now I need some duct tape to cover the fuck-up and I need to get some bottle caps to rig myself some shitty strap locks until I can go to Guitar Center again and blow another $20. Or I can take them off my C1+ that's been in a case and then just replace that guitar's strap buttons...hmm.

Also on the "nobody cares" note, posting on page 666.

Onioner
08-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Posting this because I think there are some fans of this band on here, but today I helped record a new Bosse De Nage song over at Trakworx Studio in SF (Dwellings by Cormorant was done here, the last few Slough Feg albums, every Hammers of Misfortune and Ludicra album, and a fuckton of other stuff people on this board like) and tomorrow it's gonna be mixed. For those who don't know, they're a Bay Area black metal band featuring Harry from Slough Feg on drums. I think it's gonna be released on a split or something since we only did one track.

Crionics
08-19-2012, 07:17 AM
So sore...

DementedX14
08-19-2012, 09:36 AM
:666::666::666:

dcmetal108
08-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Starting to pack since I am moving next month (only about 10 minutes from where I am now) and listening to Trapped Under Ice.

RAZOR
08-19-2012, 05:06 PM
666 oh goody. :666: