PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27

MPF
06-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Maybe in the future! The band has been around for nearly 10 years and surprisingly never done a West Coast tour. US Tour 2013??? We'll see :D

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I saw an ad on Facebook calling Dying Fetus "The Godfathers of Deathcore"

The fuck?

slapguitarer
06-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Maybe they were like. Well, it's like death metal and grindcore, so we'll call it deathcore.

John The Drummer
06-29-2012, 07:18 PM

The fuck?

I read this as "The Dogfathers of Deathcore"

I've been listening to too much rap :D

OraclesofAgony
06-29-2012, 07:25 PM

The fuck?

There's a lot of dumb ads out there.

street_burial
06-29-2012, 10:03 PM
been a crazy night. Halfway through the movie (Ted, which was a great movie) there was a thunderstorm with 75 mph winds which caused chaos in the movie theater because people are fucking stupid, and the thunderstorm shut off power for half the county which included the movie theater for about 45 minutes, once the movie was over we walked outside and it was still pouring down rain so we said fuck it and ran to the car, then we decided to go see what the damage was throughout town and it looks like a warzone. We drive to walmart to pass some more time and there were 3 fights within the half hour we were there. We go to Waffle House and there were 2 fights within the 45 minutes we were there. Come home and see the biggest tree in the yard had been uprooted by the storm and is now laying across my driveway.

kalfitegrdan
06-29-2012, 10:27 PM
been a crazy night. Halfway through the movie (Ted, which was a great movie) there was a thunderstorm with 75 mph winds which caused chaos in the movie theater because people are fucking stupid, and the thunderstorm shut off power for half the county which included the movie theater for about 45 minutes, once the movie was over we walked outside and it was still pouring down rain so we said fuck it and ran to the car, then we decided to go see what the damage was throughout town and it looks like a warzone. We drive to walmart to pass some more time and there were 3 fights within the half hour we were there. We go to Waffle House and there were 2 fights within the 45 minutes we were there. Come home and see the biggest tree in the yard had been uprooted by the storm and is now laying across my driveway.

I'm going to be honest, All I got out of that is that I don't have a Waffle House within 200 miles of me and that upsets me greatly.

But seriously that sounds like a crazy ass night.

street_burial
06-29-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm going to be honest, All I got out of that is that I don't have a Waffle House within 200 miles of me and that upsets me greatly.

But seriously that sounds like a crazy ass night.

It was a crazy night lolol

We have 2 around here and the one we usually go to has hired their own security that have guns, it gets that bad.

christopher
06-30-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm going to pick up my girlfriend now and get some food, then head off to see SLAYER!!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

dcmetal108
06-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Just got off my first full day of doing carts since I switced to full time. IT SUCKS BIG BLACK COCK! :(

VoidFlame
07-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Yesterday, I randomly saw an awesome band from Florida called Centuries at a DIY spot. If you like punk, grind and/or dissonant stuff, check them out (http://centuriesfl.bandcamp.com/)!

jd091
07-01-2012, 06:17 AM

The fuck?

That makes complete sense; why the confusion? Suffocation and Dying fetus are definitely the godfathers of Deathcore, I'd say.

kalfitegrdan
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
of the two shows that I saw last night, Gaza was definitely the best band, but all band was great. Gaza was just so crazy and energetic. The singer got in the crowd for a couple songs and was shoving the mic in people's faces and running around the pit. Also, I know a lot of people have said it before, but Black Cobra is unbelievably loud for just two people.

Also, fuck bicycles!

slapguitarer
07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Tomorrow and Tuesday is orientation at SJSU.

christopher
07-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I went to Disneyland tonight with my girlfriend, then went to sonic after. Now I'm home relaxing and about to watch some Louie on netflix :D

MPF
07-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Just found out Henry Rollins is coming to town September 27th. I MUST GO!

mankvill
07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
of the two shows that I saw last night, Gaza was definitely the best band, but all band was great. Gaza was just so crazy and energetic. The singer got in the crowd for a couple songs and was shoving the mic in people's faces and running around the pit. Also, I know a lot of people have said it before, but Black Cobra is unbelievably loud for just two people.

Also, fuck bicycles!

Can't WAIT for Black Cobra later tonight. asdfasdfasdfasdf

Onioner
07-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Tomorrow and Tuesday is orientation at SJSU.

Have fun dude! Enjoy your orientation bud, chances are it'll all seem overwhelming at first, but you'll get into a groove in no time. You're gonna love college (and La Vic's ;) ask anyone who goes to SJSU or who lives in the area if you don't know what that is), and from what I know, SJSU really is a damn good school if you actually care about learning. Not like UCLA where the school has a high reputation but the teachers are generally horrible.

mankvill
07-02-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.lurkmore.com/w/images/9/9c/Thurman_Thomas_Comic.jpg

John The Drummer
07-02-2012, 03:09 PM
^ lolwut

:eyes:

dcmetal108
07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
haha WTF Manks.

Well I worked pushing carts by myself from 8am - 5pm today. It was busy and like 105 degrees out. I hurt.

dcmetal108
07-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Just premiered my site's new logo!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/425411_3248533862140_1443703246_n.jpg

Natrlhi
07-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Sitting in the front seat of the minivan with my older son and our next-door neighbor's son (who just finished his freshman year of high school), at a drive-in movie theater, watching a fireworks display in a rainstorm.

Sound odd? It is.

Allow me to elaborate.

This year, the city where I live moved the venue for their Independence Day fireworks to this big new park where they have baseball and soccer leagues. Lots of parking and lawn space, plus concessions stands for the kiddies. It just happens to be right next to one of the few remaining drive-in's in the state of Ohia, and The Amazing Spider-Man is premiering here tonight, so win win.

Unfortunately, it looks like the rain may have cut the fireworks display short. They just stopped after about fifteen minutes, with no real finale. The rain has stopped, though. Hopefully the movie goes off without a hitch...

Oh, and the second movie is MIB3. Not like that was on my must-see list, but it might be fun.

dcmetal108
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
MIB3 sucked until the last fourth of the movie.

John The Drummer
07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Woke up with a text message from my girlfriend saying she finally finished her finals and will be here in 9 days :D :D :D :D :D

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... NERVOUS AS FUCKING SHIT!!! Haven't seen each other for over a year!

XDoomsayerX
07-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Aced my first Philosophy exam that I half assed yet I bombed my O-chem exam that I studied a ton for. Da fuck?!!:bouville: At least summer school is keeping me busy. haha

MPF
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Went to go see Spiderman tonight to come home and see Misery Index and Havok drop off Shockwave. Not fucking fair!

Also this:

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/528160_4174817898714_1618916412_n.jpg

kalfitegrdan
07-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Went to go see Spiderman tonight to come home and see Misery Index and Havok drop off Shockwave. Not fucking fair!

Also this:

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/528160_4174817898714_1618916412_n.jpg

:lol: ...And then there were four. Man, this Shockwave shit is about to cross the realm of being funny to just being sad.

ravenheart
07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
For Chelsea FC hangers-on, I mean fans (;)), here, I'm at the music venue under the Shed End, called Under The Bridge.

dcmetal108
07-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Just got off a 8 hour swift of pushing carts in 105 degree weather. IT SUCKED!

BloodoftheKings
07-04-2012, 06:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gpJof.jpg

makethemsuffer12
07-04-2012, 07:58 PM

:lol:

RampinUp46
07-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Too fucking funny. :lol:

kalfitegrdan
07-04-2012, 11:33 PM
I found out today that it takes from Prowler - Stranger in a Strange Land in Maiden's studio discography to drive from my house to Milwaukee, WI and back. :cool: Maiden and Cooper were both phenomenal! Can't wait for it again tomorrow/later today.They are actually bringing out the Eddies tomorrow because the stage was too small tonight. They only brought out Eddie during Run to the Hills.

Natrlhi
07-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Sitting in the front seat of the minivan with my older son and our next-door neighbor's son (who just finished his freshman year of high school), at a drive-in movie theater, watching a fireworks display in a rainstorm.

Sound odd? It is.

Allow me to elaborate.

This year, the city where I live moved the venue for their Independence Day fireworks to this big new park where they have baseball and soccer leagues. Lots of parking and lawn space, plus concessions stands for the kiddies. It just happens to be right next to one of the few remaining drive-in's in the state of Ohia, and The Amazing Spider-Man is premiering here tonight, so win win.

Unfortunately, it looks like the rain may have cut the fireworks display short. They just stopped after about fifteen minutes, with no real finale. The rain has stopped, though. Hopefully the movie goes off without a hitch...

Oh, and the second movie is MIB3. Not like that was on my must-see list, but it might be fun.It turned out to be a very fun night.

Fireworks fizzled early (not sure what happened with that), but Spidey was pretty good and MIB3 turned out to be great. The weather was ace after the rain passed through.

John The Drummer
07-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Spending the last minute of my lunch break posting this :D

.... back to work :(

masterguy49
07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
So as if I wasn't feeling shitty about getting dumped, I just got kicked out of my band :lol:

Fuck this month so hard.

jd091
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
So as if I wasn't feeling shitty about getting dumped, I just got kicked out of my band :lol:

Fuck this month so hard.

you can join my slam band :hug:

dcmetal108
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Just got back from seeing Spidey 4. IT WAS AWESOME!

Also picked up my custom altered pants. They work like a charm so I'll be crowdsurfing like crazy Saturday/.

John The Drummer
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM

Fuck this month so hard.

You gotta go up to your ex and your ex bandmates and be like

"AY! Ya know, i'm just gonna, ya know, be all like yeah and ya know, gonna go and do this and that. And yeah, so whatev."

That'll teach them!!!!!!! :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Just got back from seeing Spidey 4. IT WAS AWESOME!

Also picked up my custom altered pants. They work like a charm so I'll be crowdsurfing like crazy Saturday/.

Wrong on both accounts.

BloodoftheKings
07-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Wrong on both accounts.

It annoys me that this movie is getting such good reception. I haven't seen the movie yet but I just find it ridiculous that they're rebooting a series that only ended 5 years ago. I'll wait til I actually see it to judge it but I really want to hate this movie.

XDoomsayerX
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Amazing Spider Man is no continuation so yeah not "Spidey 4". And yes it was ok. Rotten Tomatoes even states this. Movie felt copy n paste especially first half. I mean it's well acted and cool bits but the original was faaar better. Also seeing how it was a big flick to come out this year I'd like to add that it is no where near as good as The Avengers. Just my take.

ravenheart
07-05-2012, 04:46 PM
The new Batman is coming out in a couple of weeks. How does any of this even matter?

masterguy49
07-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Amazing Spider-Man was rebooted because in order for Sony to keep the name they have to use it. It's too big of a name for Sony to just give up. The movie though was really good and this is coming from the biggest Spidey fan ever. Only problem was that a lot of the movie was a setup for the sequel, which I can't wait for.

powerslave_85
07-05-2012, 06:27 PM
The new Batman is coming out in a couple of weeks. How does any of this even matter?
Word.

dcmetal108
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
New Spider Man was better than any of the original and sure it had some key points from the first one but it wasn't really a complete reboot.

New Batman does look awesome the more I see of it though. Think I am going to a screening my theater by me is having where it starts at 6pm and is Batman Begins, Dark Knight, then at midnight, Dark Knight Rises.

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2012, 06:56 PM
New Spider Man was better than any of the original and sure it had some key points from the first one but it wasn't really a complete reboot.

Yes, yes it was. Do you not know what a reboot is? Are you that fucking dumb?

powerslave_85
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Speaking of which, I need to figure out if any of the theaters here are doing pre-orders for TDKR tickets. It's gonna be a motherfucker trying to get into a showing on opening day.

JRA
07-05-2012, 07:12 PM

:metal:

BloodoftheKings
07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
but it wasn't really a complete reboot.

In the trailers it shows that this one re-tells his origin story. How is it not a textbook example of a reboot?

BloodoftheKings
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM
The Serj Tankian AMA on Reddit starts in 80 minutes. I have no idea what I should ask.

XDoomsayerX
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I already gave my take on the movie but how does "I'm a big Spidey fan" make the movie better. As I a movie I thought it was ok. Idk. On the movie aspects I need to see a ton still this year, Moonrise Kingdom, Safety Not Guaranteed, Ted,Bully etc.

GarageMetal468
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
You know Iron Maiden was in town when every single restaurant in a 30 mile radius has at least 3 groups of people in Maiden shirts.

masterguy49
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
I already gave my take on the movie but how does "I'm a big Spidey fan" make the movie better. As I a movie I thought it was ok. Idk. On the movie aspects I need to see a ton still this year, Moonrise Kingdom, Safety Not Guaranteed, Ted,Bully etc.

For the record it was a reboot, no matter what you say. Also as for the "I'm a big Spidey fan" making the movie better, this movie was more true to the characters than the original 3 movies. The movie was good, but as a Spidey fan it made me very happy :tongue:

kalfitegrdan
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Safety Not Guaranteed

I need to see this.

Onioner
07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
You know Iron Maiden was in town when every single restaurant in a 30 mile radius has at least 3 groups of people in Maiden shirts.

So true. I still remember being shocked at seeing a giant pile of older folks in Maiden shirts at the Applebees in Concord before their Somewhere Back in Time show in 08. It was my third concert ever, and I didn't even realize what a huge event a Maiden show was. As far as my friend and I were concerned it was just like, "Oh, Iron Maiden's coming by, wanna go see them?" Oh how things have changed in the last four years...

powerslave_85
07-06-2012, 03:01 AM
Safety Not GuaranteedSO good.

jd091
07-06-2012, 06:46 AM
For the record it was a reboot, no matter what you say. Also as for the "I'm a big Spidey fan" making the movie better, this movie was more true to the characters than the original 3 movies. The movie was good, but as a Spidey fan it made me very happy :tongue:

Andrew Garfield is the man, and I really wanna see it. I also really wanna see the Katy Perry movie this weekend... Hmmm... :D

On another note, though, I know someone on facebook (basically a skinny, nerdy walking aspergers nightmare) who is a huge comic fan and is extremely buttdevastated that this movie is happening. He made a "Boycott the Ultimate Spiderman" group and invited all his friends to it. :tp: And THEN he posted a link to this video review of the movie from the escapist:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/5995-The-Amazing-Spider-Man

...in which the dick doing the review pretty much says its one of the worst movies he's ever seen, with no redeeming aspects. Internet Comic Nerds... :cowsleep:

makethemsuffer12
07-06-2012, 07:19 AM

It was more true to the characters but it still wasn't nearly as good of a movie as the first 2 Spidey films.

XDoomsayerX
07-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Too much Spider Man talk. haha

Anyhow just finished my O-chem lab and non one, not even my TA got product. Haha first time I've witnessed this. Now I work on Philosophy take home exam so I can commence my weekend.

masterguy49
07-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Andrew Garfield is the man, and I really wanna see it. I also really wanna see the Katy Perry movie this weekend... Hmmm... :D

On another note, though, I know someone on facebook (basically a skinny, nerdy walking aspergers nightmare) who is a huge comic fan and is extremely buttdevastated that this movie is happening. He made a "Boycott the Ultimate Spiderman" group and invited all his friends to it. :tp: And THEN he posted a link to this video review of the movie from the escapist:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/5995-The-Amazing-Spider-Man

...in which the dick doing the review pretty much says its one of the worst movies he's ever seen, with no redeeming aspects. Internet Comic Nerds... :cowsleep:
I still need to see the Katy Perry movie in 3D :lovedup: Also, every comic book fan I know has actually really liked the movie, so I'm confused. Also Ultimate Spider-Man? That's different from the movie.... yeah the escapist usually hates everything he reviews.

While it may not beat the 2nd Spider-man. It may be better than the 1st one. idk ill need to rewatch it

TonyD
07-06-2012, 11:43 AM
I was kinda sorta excited about Spiderman but I have a feeling I'll walk out feeling like a pissed off nerd too.

MPF
07-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm interviewing Dillinger Escape Plan August 18th in Somerset, WI for Knotfest!

ravenheart
07-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm interviewing Dillinger Escape Plan August 18th in Somerset, WI for Knotfest!

Nice. I've got 3 potentials coming up. Hopefully all good!

MPF
07-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Nice. I've got 3 potentials coming up. Hopefully all good!

Sweet. Who do you have coming up? I have God Forbid, Pathology, Sadistic Passage (Local Band), MC Chris and DEP lined up so far.

Oh yeah I had Fear Factory lined up for 4 hours before Shockwave was canceled :lol:

ravenheart
07-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Sweet. Who do you have coming up? I have God Forbid, Pathology, Sadistic Passage (Local Band), MC Chris and DEP lined up so far.

Oh yeah I had Fear Factory lined up for 4 hours before Shockwave was canceled :lol:

I should soon have everything finalised for Blaze Bayley, Jon Oliva, and Bobby Ellsworth :)

John The Drummer
07-06-2012, 03:55 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! Let the weekend begin. Going to be a REAL summer weekend here in the Northwest too!.... too bad I will be indoors drumming all weekend :lol:

Also, may be delaying my bands West Coast tour until the Spring. We realized that we are doing this a bit too close to the date we want to tour, and its seriously causing me an uber amount of stress contacting these venues and bands in such a short amount of time.

TonyD
07-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Volbeat is headlining a show in SF over Hellyeah... over Iced Earth. The fuck?

dcmetal108
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM

I have Terror, Winds Of Plague, and Comic Con. Just had to say hahaha.

slapguitarer
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Volbeat is headlining a show in SF over Hellyeah... over Iced Earth. The fuck?

This is old news bruh. The whole tour is like that. Volbeat are pretty popular.

Onioner
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm gonna do my first interview tomorrow at the Band of Orcs/Coven show! It'll be with members of Hatchet. The guys are all friends of mine, so I figured they'd be good guinea pigs for my first interview haha.

slapguitarer
07-06-2012, 07:12 PM
That's awesome man! :rocker:

You planning to be at Tidal Wave?

Onioner
07-07-2012, 03:05 AM
That's awesome man! :rocker:

You planning to be at Tidal Wave?

Yup, I'll be there Sunday, I believe brutal will be as well. On Saturday I'll be seeing Chicago and Doobie Brothers with my mom and dad. :rocker: I'm hoping these interviews with local bands this summer will be good practice for the big ones. Now that Andrew Metalhead's returned to India he can't do every interview, so I'm trying to cover for him where I can. There are some real big interviews (well, big for me anyway) in the works, but I won't jinx myself and say who just yet. :D

brutal_descent
07-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Yup, I'll be there Sunday, I believe brutal will be as well.

MS photo-op! :fist:

Sepultura69
07-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Pretty fucking pissed off at my self, three months ago i use to weigh 154, I am 6'4, and recently I weighed myself and now I am a wooping 172!!!! Gained a good amount of weight. I guess this is what i get for binge eating at night after i get off work, stuffing my self with endless amounts of cookies, carbs, donuts till i pass out. At the same time I'm looking online on random health sites and they say that 170-180 is the ideal weight for people that are in the 6'3-6'4 range. So I guess I shouldn't be that disappointed, but still...I feel kinda gross n' chubby even though everyone says I look fine, thats it!! I'M GOING ON A DIET...Starting now. :hmm:

Onioner
07-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Pretty fucking pissed off at my self, three months ago i use to weigh 154, I am 6'4, and recently I weighed myself and now I am a wooping 172!!!! Gained a good amount of weight. I guess this is what i get for binge eating at night after i get off work, stuffing my self with endless amounts of cookies, carbs, donuts till i pass out. At the same time I'm looking online on random health sites and they say that 170-180 is the ideal weight for people that are in the 6'3-6'4 range. So I guess I shouldn't be that disappointed, but still...I feel kinda gross n' chubby even though everyone says I look fine, thats it!! I'M GOING ON A DIET...Starting now. :hmm:

Dude, 172 pounds at 6'4 is nothing to be ashamed of at all, that sounds like you're at your ideal weight. Hell my roommate weighed 175 at 5'11 and he was still a pretty skinny guy. Maybe instead of eating less, just eat the same quantity but eat better food? The gross feeling will go away within days.

christopher
07-07-2012, 09:22 AM

Yeah I'm 5'8 and I used to be 135, now I'm 165 and I keep trying to lose weight but I keep eating like shit :lol:

christopher
07-07-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm about to head into work until 545. Then I'm going to get ready and head to the Leftover Crack show in Inglewood :D

John The Drummer
07-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Just compiled a list of every show I have played, that took some time since I'm missing a ton of flyers and dates, BUT I DID IT!!! :D

Now to rape you all with the list

Shows I Have Played
No One Lives
(extra slot, my bad)
Funeral Age
Divinorum
sunn bro)))

January 30th @ The Garage (First No One Lives show)
March 13 @ Martha Lake Community Club
May 8th @ Martha Lake Community Club

January 8th @ Martha Lake Community Club (First and Only ESMB show)
April 30th @ Shovel's House
May 6th @ Studio 7 w/ Final Drive
July 2nd @ The Lake
July 6th @ Studio 7 w/ Cerberus
August 22nd @ Arlington House
September 24th @ Studio 7
October 26th @ Lynnwood High School (Homecoming Assembly)
November 12th @ Jimmy Z's Greenroom
November 22nd @ Studio 7
December 30th @ Studio 7

February 24th @ Studio 7
March 31st @ Studio 7 (No One Lives CD Release and Final Show)

NONE

April 5th @ Studio 7 (Seattle Metal Fest/ First show w/ Funeral Age)
May 17th @ Studio 7 w/ Skinlab
November 8th @ El Corazon w/ Exodus

June 19th @ The Charleston (Rock For Food Night 2)
June 20th @ The Winterland
August 7th @ The Grail (Coer d'Alene, ID)
August 8th @ The Cretin Hope (Spokane, WA)
September 26th @ Studio 7 (Northwest Death Fest)
October 17th @ 2-Bit Saloon
October 23rd @ AFU Hall
October 31st @ Flight's Pub
November 7th @ El Corazon

July 10th @ Hell's Kitchen
July 24th @ Hayley's Bar & Grill
August 19th @ Studio 7 w/ Enthroned, Destroyer 666, Pathology
August 21st @ Masonic Temple (Olympic Metal Fest)

January 22nd @ The Crack Den
August 27th @ Coo Coo's Nest
September 5th @ 2-Bit Saloon (First Divinorum Show)
September 6th @ Studio 7 w/ Vreid, Kampfar, Necronomicon
September 22nd @ Galway Arms w/ Suspended
October 14th @ Studio 7 w/ Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod Apocalypse
October 28th @ 2-Bit Saloon
November 4th @ Studio 7 w/ Impiety, Gravehill
November 18th @ The Morgue *Divi & sunn bro)))*
December 3rd @ The Morgue

February 25th @ El Corazon w/ Possessed
April 16th @ 2-Bit Saloon
June 15th @ Studio 7 w/ Marduk, 1349, Withered, Weapon

Sepultura69
07-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Just compiled a list of every show I have played, that took some time since I'm missing a ton of flyers and dates, BUT I DID IT!!! :D

Now to rape you all with the list

Shows I Have Played
No One Lives
(extra slot, my bad)
Funeral Age
Divinorum
sunn bro)))

January 30th @ The Garage (First No One Lives show)
March 13 @ Martha Lake Community Club
May 8th @ Martha Lake Community Club

January 8th @ Martha Lake Community Club (First and Only ESMB show)
April 30th @ Shovel's House
May 6th @ Studio 7 w/ Final Drive
July 2nd @ The Lake
July 6th @ Studio 7 w/ Cerberus
August 22nd @ Arlington House
September 24th @ Studio 7
October 26th @ Lynnwood High School (Homecoming Assembly)
November 12th @ Jimmy Z's Greenroom
November 22nd @ Studio 7
December 30th @ Studio 7

February 24th @ Studio 7
March 31st @ Studio 7 (No One Lives CD Release and Final Show)

NONE

April 5th @ Studio 7 (Seattle Metal Fest/ First show w/ Funeral Age)
May 17th @ Studio 7 w/ Skinlab
November 8th @ El Corazon w/ Exodus

June 19th @ The Charleston (Rock For Food Night 2)
June 20th @ The Winterland
August 7th @ The Grail (Coer d'Alene, ID)
August 8th @ The Cretin Hope (Spokane, WA)
September 26th @ Studio 7 (Northwest Death Fest)
October 17th @ 2-Bit Saloon
October 23rd @ AFU Hall
October 31st @ Flight's Pub
November 7th @ El Corazon

July 10th @ Hell's Kitchen
July 24th @ Hayley's Bar & Grill
August 19th @ Studio 7 w/ Enthroned, Destroyer 666, Pathology
August 21st @ Masonic Temple (Olympic Metal Fest)

January 22nd @ The Crack Den
August 27th @ Coo Coo's Nest
September 5th @ 2-Bit Saloon (First Divinorum Show)
September 6th @ Studio 7 w/ Vreid, Kampfar, Necronomicon
September 22nd @ Galway Arms w/ Suspended
October 14th @ Studio 7 w/ Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod Apocalypse
October 28th @ 2-Bit Saloon
November 4th @ Studio 7 w/ Impiety, Gravehill
November 18th @ The Morgue *Divi & sunn bro)))*
December 3rd @ The Morgue

February 25th @ El Corazon w/ Possessed
April 16th @ 2-Bit Saloon
June 15th @ Studio 7 w/ Marduk, 1349, Withered, Weapon

Didn't you say you opened up for SADUS?

rjturtle9
07-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm about to head into work until 545. Then I'm going to get ready and head to the Leftover Crack show in Inglewood :D

I won tickets to that, but I gave them to Pablo. Make sure he goes!

John The Drummer
07-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Didn't you say you opened up for SADUS?

I wasn't in the band when we opened for them :(

But here is the Blabbermouth page about that show
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=31232

John The Drummer
07-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Just did my last practice with my side band before our show on Thursday with Speedwolf.

It's Saturday, beautiful day, and I am ready to just sleep :D

Natrlhi
07-07-2012, 07:16 PM
...just finished my O-chem lab and non one, not even my TA got product. Haha first time I've witnessed this.I'd be willing to bet that very few people know what the fuck you are talking about here. I do, but that's only because of a very specific career choice I made about twenty years ago.

Natrlhi
07-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Wrong on both accounts.

Yes, yes it was. Do you not know what a reboot is? Are you that fucking dumb?You're really making it difficult not to imagine you as a flaming douchebag. Is any of this really worth getting that pissed off about?

It annoys me that this movie is getting such good reception. I haven't seen the movie yet but I just find it ridiculous that they're rebooting a series that only ended 5 years ago. I'll wait til I actually see it to judge it but I really want to hate this movie.Biased much? Suit yourself. The movie will make millions without your ticket purchase, and P.S. - it wasn't that bad. I rather liked several aspects of it myself.

powerslave_85
07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Chemistry...product...you were cooking meth?

powerslave_85
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM

...in which the dick doing the review pretty much says its one of the worst movies he's ever seen, with no redeeming aspects. Internet Comic Nerds... :cowsleep:I like MovieBob. When he's wrong, he's usually spectacularly wrong (i.e., he loved Sucker Punch :hecho: ), but I trust him a lot more than most movie critics. And no one can accuse him of not knowing his shit.

makethemsuffer12
07-07-2012, 07:50 PM
You're really making it difficult not to imagine you as a flaming douchebag. Is any of this really worth getting that pissed off about?

Nerd rage.

dcmetal108
07-07-2012, 07:51 PM
In short for now, Warped was fucking awesome.

BloodoftheKings
07-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Biased much?

I think being biased against reboots that are being made for the sole purpose of holding onto the rights of a franchise is justified.

powerslave_85
07-07-2012, 08:31 PM
I think being biased against reboots that are being made for the sole purpose of holding onto the rights of a franchise is justified.
Yeah, that's the thing about this that irks me the most. A movie that was made solely as a business decision is just a recipe for disaster.

masterguy49
07-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah, that's the thing about this that irks me the most. A movie that was made solely as a business decision is just a recipe for disaster.

Except it wasn't bad....

powerslave_85
07-07-2012, 08:51 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but even if it's "not bad," who gives a shit? People are going to forget about it the second they walk into the new Batman movie.

makethemsuffer12
07-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but even if it's "not bad," who gives a shit? People are going to forget about it the second they walk into the new Batman movie.

:party:

I know I was being harsh on dc before, but the movie really left a bad taste in my mouth. It was an enjoyable movie, but a lot of it bothered me. Anyways, let's just put the Spidey discussion to rest.

christopher
07-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Hanging with Pablo at Leftover Crack :D

mankvill
07-07-2012, 09:24 PM
I dunno if I want to see the new Spiderman. Because I love the Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies, and I love Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. I'd feel like I was cheating on Bruce. :(

Natrlhi
07-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I dunno if I want to see the new Spiderman. Because I love the Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies, and I love Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. I'd feel like I was cheating on Bruce. :(Well, Bruce does appear in the video game, if that helps. :lol:

And of course Stan Lee makes an appearance as usual. :bowdown:

masterguy49
07-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, Bruce does appear in the video game, if that helps. :lol:

And of course Stan Lee makes an appearance as usual. :bowdown:

Man, that was the best Stan Lee appearance ever!

christopher
07-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Cut my back on a nail sticking out of the wall at the show :(

Onioner
07-08-2012, 03:11 AM
So today was pretty awesome, and now I'm watching Family Guy at a friend's house with dudes from Witchaven and Hatchet and other friends. There are also plenty of weed and beer related shenanigans happening right now. Fun night! :D

treghet
07-08-2012, 03:20 AM

The Black Castle sounds like such a wonderful venue. Is it a deep cut?

brutal_descent
07-08-2012, 06:33 AM

That's happened to me before. There's one venue in Moscow that's now closed that had at least four nails sticking out of the front of the stage (the side which everyone in the front row was pressed up against). Bad memories :hecho:

makethemsuffer12
07-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Man, that was the best Stan Lee appearance ever!

Agreed. That scene was the best of the movie.

Sepultura69
07-08-2012, 09:20 AM

ouch, sorry to hear that man. Hopez you feelz better amigo.

So today was pretty awesome, and now I'm watching Family Guy at a friend's house with dudes from Witchaven and Hatchet and other friends. There are also plenty of weed and beer related shenanigans happening right now. Fun night! :D

ahahhaha Nice, random, but nice! :rocker:

GarageMetal468
07-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Storm of the Light's Bane update: Just finished learning Retribution, now starting Thorns of Crimson Death :rocker:

Sepultura69
07-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Storm of the Light's Bane update: Just finished learning Retribution, now starting Thorns of Crimson Death :rocker:

I hope you still do that black metal list that you talked about awhile back. :D

GarageMetal468
07-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I hope you still do that black metal list that you talked about awhile back. :D

Yeah... totally forgot about that! I should probably get back to work on that list!

MPF
07-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Got completely obliterated and shitfaced yesterday.

My band was supposed to have a vocal audition, but they didn't show up. So we all got drunk and jammed.

10 shots, 2 mixed drinks and 2 beers later I was throwing up and passed out at 5pm didn't wake up till 11pm, kept throwing up periodically till 1am and passed out until about an hour ago.

Overall pretty successful day. I've never had that much to drink....probably won't do it again. haha

treghet
07-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Got completely obliterated and shitfaced yesterday.

My band was supposed to have a vocal audition, but they didn't show up. So we all got drunk and jammed.

10 shots, 2 mixed drinks and 2 beers later I was throwing up and passed out at 5pm didn't wake up till 11pm, kept throwing up periodically till 1am and passed out until about an hour ago.

Overall pretty successful day. I've never had that much to drink....probably won't do it again. haha

That's something to be proud about? :lol:

MPF
07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
That's something to be proud about? :lol:

Sarcasm buddy, sarcasm. :lol:

GarageMetal468
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM
So I'm closing every single fucking day for the next two weeks at work. But at least I got the days I requested off.

EDIT: Scratch that, closing every single fucking day for the next MONTH.

dcmetal108
07-08-2012, 11:17 AM
So I just got my answers back for my interview with Sergio from ACxDC. CHECK IT OUT! Funny ass story about something that happened at a show.

Interview (http://apocalypticdemise.com/2012/07/08/interview-with-sergio-amalfitano-of-acxdc/)

mankvill
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/582040_10150919382147218_115903694_n.jpg

:cool:

street_burial
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/582040_10150919382147218_115903694_n.jpg

:cool:

:party::party::party::party:

christopher
07-08-2012, 12:09 PM
The Black Castle sounds like such a wonderful venue. Is it a deep cut?

Its not too bad. My shirt prevented it from being worse. My drunk friend didnt believe me and reached down and cut his hand pretty bad. Not the ideal place to get cut by a nail.

elturtleboy
07-08-2012, 12:26 PM
So I just got my answers back for my interview with Sergio from ACxDC. CHECK IT OUT! Funny ass story about something that happened at a show.

Interview (http://apocalypticdemise.com/2012/07/08/interview-with-sergio-amalfitano-of-acxdc/)

One of the nicest dudes I've ever met.

dcmetal108
07-08-2012, 12:44 PM
One of the nicest dudes I've ever met.

Yeah I sent in those questions like 6 months ago and he sent them back like "sorry man but its better late than never. Hope you like it"

ravenheart
07-08-2012, 01:49 PM
So I'm closing every single fucking day for the next two weeks at work. But at least I got the days I requested off.

EDIT: Scratch that, closing every single fucking day for the next MONTH.

What are you complaining about? It's not like you have a life or anything ;)

rjturtle9
07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Its not too bad. My shirt prevented it from being worse. My drunk friend didnt believe me and reached down and cut his hand pretty bad. Not the ideal place to get cut by a nail.

You should go check for AIDS! The Black Castle sucks! Worst venue ever!

dcmetal108
07-08-2012, 06:28 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/252641_10150924253453463_291288006_n.jpg

BloodoftheKings
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/252641_10150924253453463_291288006_n.jpg

Whoever made this obviously doesn't really play Skyrim because guards never wear those helmets. The cartoonist is just riding the "LOLZ ARROW 2 THE KNEE SO FAHNY" wave and using the typical depiction of the dragonborn not knowing what that character actually represents or who originally said "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee".

jd091
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Whoever made this obviously doesn't really play Skyrim because guards never wear those helmets. The cartoonist is just riding the "LOLZ ARROW 2 THE KNEE SO FAHNY" wave and using the typical depiction of the dragonborn not knowing what that character actually represents or who originally said "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee".

At first I wanted to yell at you for being like an elitist nerd, and then I realized: I am one of those elitist nerds. THIS RUSTLES MY JIMMIES HARD

street_burial
07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
does anyone know how to make the resolution of an image higher?

GarageMetal468
07-08-2012, 09:22 PM
What are you complaining about? It's not like you have a life or anything ;)

Yeah now that I thought about it, I'd really have nothing else to do at night except shows. And I got those days off, fortunately. So I'm set for CIM, Agalloch, Mayhem Fest and Morbid Saint! However closing can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

treghet
07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
does anyone know how to make the resolution of an image higher?

If you want it to be pixelated, yeah. You can't just make an image larger and retain the quality.

dcmetal108
07-08-2012, 09:54 PM

I thought it was funny. That is all that matters right! ONLY MY HAPPINESS MATTERS!

treghet
07-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Sarcasm buddy, sarcasm. :lol:

Point was that why would you want to share your idiotic actions? I mean at least you didn't piss yourself, but I still got second hand embarrassment from reading your post.

MPF
07-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Point was that why would you want to share your idiotic actions? I mean at least you didn't piss yourself, but I still got second hand embarrassment from reading your post.

I found it funny, I thought others here would too. If you really got Second Hand Embarrassment from that, compared to other stuff posted here.....well alrighty then. :eek:

RampinUp46
07-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Seriously planning on traveling out of state to see DRI in Anaheim this November. Hopefully I can see some people I know there while I'm at it.

MPF
07-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Just got confirmed from Sven from Aborted/System Divide to do an interview with him November 3rd when System Divide is opening for Epica.

It felt pretty cool, all I did was ask him on a Facebook status update.

Christen
07-09-2012, 01:51 PM
So after some complications with my friend, it turns out I am now going to both Metallica shows in Edmonton this August. Super excited about this as I haven't even seen Metallica before and am now going to two shows in a row.

ravenheart
07-09-2012, 02:02 PM

There's a chance you're taking this too seriously.

street_burial
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3q16se.jpg

mankvill
07-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Warped was soooooooooooo good

Spiner202
07-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I just spent about an hour planning the bands I'm going to see at Wacken. With the exception of DRI and Forbidden (who canceled anyways), there aren't too many bands I can't see that I really want to. I'm also going to see Electric Wizard even though I don't like them because I have an open space when they're playing and I hear they are amazing live. Also, if anyone wants to help me make a decision:

Leaves' Eyes or Dimmu Borgir + Orchestra (leaning towards Leaves' Eyes)
Dark Funeral or Cradle of Filth (leaning towards Dark Funeral, but Cradle of Filth is closer to the bands before and after I want to see)

Either way, it's Friday and Saturday are going to be nuts! One band after another almost non-stop!

slapguitarer
07-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't like either LE or Dimmu, so I'd say take a break, but just ignore me as far as they go

Dark Funeral for sure instead CoF

street_burial
07-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I fucking hate it when my ex texts me and all the feelings for her come rushing back...:(

TonyD
07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Tell that bitch to break all contact with you.

dcmetal108
07-10-2012, 04:15 AM

Cut off her fingers so she can't text you anymore. Problem solved.

masterguy49
07-10-2012, 04:21 AM

Seriously, this is the best. I cut contact with my ex and I've been feeling soooo much better.

makethemsuffer12
07-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Regretting getting into a Facebook argument about Daniel Tosh's rape jokes. Ugh.

hb420
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Going to see Royal Thunder headline tomorrow! :party: Also going to interview them and have a photo pass! :party: It's my first interview though so I'm kinda nervous. :eyes:

MPF
07-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Going to see Royal Thunder headline tomorrow! :party: Also going to interview them and have a photo pass! :party: It's my first interview though so I'm kinda nervous. :eyes:

Don't be. The more nervous you are the more it will come off in the interview.

Just remember, you are getting to hang out with a kickass band tomorrow night and you are going to show them off. Make them look as good as possible. How to do that? Just be yourself and professional and you will be alright.

christopher
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Here (http://instagram.com/p/M42YR6Aevr/?ref=nf) is a picture of my dad's squirrel for those who wanted to see it.

treghet
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Here (http://instagram.com/p/M42YR6Aevr/?ref=nf) is a picture of my dad's squirrel for those who wanted to see it.

IT'S SO CUTE I WANT TO HOLD IT

christopher
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM

The little fucker cut my face open twice this morning :hmm: not so cute to me haha

dcmetal108
07-10-2012, 02:28 PM

This :lol:

slapguitarer
07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
The little fucker cut my face open twice this morning :hmm: not so cute to me haha

That squirrel seems pretty metal.

hb420
07-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Don't be. The more nervous you are the more it will come off in the interview.

Just remember, you are getting to hang out with a kickass band tomorrow night and you are going to show them off. Make them look as good as possible. How to do that? Just be yourself and professional and you will be alright.

Thanks for the advice man! :fist:

MPF
07-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the advice man! :fist:

No problem man. I'm still learning this advice as well. I still get somewhat nervous. I don't know how I manged through my interview with Jon Schaffer as well as I did. :lol:

But the more you do them, the easier they will get. ANd hopefully will get some good promotion for future shows as well.

hb420
07-11-2012, 12:53 AM
No problem man. I'm still learning this advice as well. I still get somewhat nervous. I don't know how I manged through my interview with Jon Schaffer as well as I did. :lol:

But the more you do them, the easier they will get. ANd hopefully will get some good promotion for future shows as well.

What I'm really hoping for.

I'm currently reading "The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym". :drool: Makes "The Giant" so much more enjoyable. :rocker:

MPF
07-11-2012, 05:37 PM
What I'm really hoping for.

I'm currently reading "The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym". :drool: Makes "The Giant" so much more enjoyable. :rocker:

:rocker:

Also this:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/406371_440212426011765_2049686912_n.jpg

jd091
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/406371_440212426011765_2049686912_n.jpg

That's a classic. :lol:

Take this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70zfuvK061qeomt0o1_500.jpg

christopher
07-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I've been drinking Bud Light and Clamato for a while and getting real hungry. I'm debating on ordering Papa Johns to deliver. mmmm:drool:

christopher
07-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I've been drinking Bud Light and Clamato for a while and getting real hungry. I'm debating on ordering Papa Johns to deliver. mmmm:drool:

order complete :D

brutal_descent
07-11-2012, 08:10 PM
In San Francisco :D

christopher
07-11-2012, 08:27 PM
^^^ Cool! More importantly, my pizza was amazing!!! I tried anchovies for the first time and loved them!! I don't understand the hate, but then again I do like garlic and onions and other foods considered gross.

XDoomsayerX
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
^^^ Cool! More importantly, my pizza was amazing!!! I tried anchovies for the first time and loved them!! I don't understand the hate, but then again I do like garlic and onions and other foods considered gross.

This made me :lol: But yeah sounds gross to me.

Studying for an exam tomorrow and goddamn summer courses are intense, 10 weeks of material being learned in 5 weeks. Brain be dying.

christopher
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
This made me :lol: But yeah sounds gross to me.

Studying for an exam tomorrow and goddamn summer courses are intense, 10 weeks of material being learned in 5 weeks. Brain be dying.

haha I was hoping for that effect! Good luck on your exam tomorrow. That's why I won't take summer. Plus, my major classes aren't offered then.

ravenheart
07-12-2012, 01:57 AM

Who the hell considers garlic and onions gross?

dcmetal108
07-12-2012, 05:51 AM

I do. I only like Cheese Pizza. I'm picky. hahaha

Crionics
07-12-2012, 06:04 AM
So I just got back from UVA's orientation yesterday. I'm not going to lie; I'm a bit overwhelmed with how impressive the other students are. It was not uncommon to hear other students have around 40 credits already coming in. These are literally Ivy-League kids who chose to come here for the expense; I really hope I can keep up with them.

ravenheart
07-12-2012, 06:13 AM
I do. I only like Cheese Pizza. I'm picky. hahaha

Freak :finger:

TonyD
07-12-2012, 10:45 AM

They're just really strong and give you nasty breath.

energymetal14
07-12-2012, 12:18 PM
So I just got back from UVA's orientation yesterday. I'm not going to lie; I'm a bit overwhelmed with how impressive the other students are. It was not uncommon to hear other students have around 40 credits already coming in. These are literally Ivy-League kids who chose to come here for the expense; I really hope I can keep up with them.
I felt the same way dude when I went to college, everyone seemed so ready for it and I was all nervous. I just try not to compare myself to everyone else, which I know can be hard since college can be competitive.

XDoomsayerX
07-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Hmmm I didn't really think much about it. Hell I didn't even have a major in mind. College is tough though, high school is nothing compared to it. But if you want to succeed and perform well you will.

jd091
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Hmmm I didn't really think much about it. Hell I didn't even have a major in mind. College is tough though, high school is nothing compared to it. But if you want to succeed and perform well you will.

Ah don't worry, it isn't that much harder than high school honestly. If you pay half attention and do the work, it's not as bad. If you don't pay attention, don't do the work, then it'll kill you.

El Gordo
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
They're just really strong and give you nasty breath.

But garlic is one of the absolute best things for you. And it's freaking delicious.

MPF
07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Bad News:

My interview with God Forbid may be canceled as I got word from Victory Records about 15 minutes ago that the show is canceled. Since God Forbid isn't on Victory Records (Battlecross is) I'm hoping its some kind of mistake.

Good News:

I have the best birthday weekend ever coming up:

August 17th- Summer Slaughter in Milwaukee interviewing Cannibal Corpse, Job For A Cowboy and Exhumed (Working on more bands)

August 18th- Knotfest in Somerset, WI interviewing *At Least* Dillinger Escape Plan

August 19th *My Birthday*- SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

XDoomsayerX
07-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Ah don't worry, it isn't that much harder than high school honestly. If you pay half attention and do the work, it's not as bad. If you don't pay attention, don't do the work, then it'll kill you.

True. Some courses have raped me though :hecho:

So Cal Pomona bound peeps. Fox Theater is having some ticket give away thing for upcoming shows, check it out. If I can score free Paramore tix or Circa Survive then hell yeah!

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Bad News:

My interview with God Forbid may be canceled as I got word from Victory Records about 15 minutes ago that the show is canceled. Since God Forbid isn't on Victory Records (Battlecross is) I'm hoping its some kind of mistake.

God Forbid is on Victory. And Battlecross is on Metal Blade. :lol:

MPF
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
God Forbid is on Victory. And Battlecross is on Metal Blade. :lol:

Oh shit I was thinking of Blackguard when I wrote that. Had a giant brain fart getting that email and the summer Slaughter email at roughly the same time. :lol:

But yeah I got that email so I'm not sure what is happening with them.

XDoomsayerX
07-14-2012, 08:56 AM
About to go for a jog which I haven't done lately cuz the humidity in Riverside has been fucking naaasty.

brutal_descent
07-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Going to a classical music concert tonight with family instead of day one of Tidal Wave. Decent trade-off :D

christopher
07-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm about to leave for San Diego in a bit to see Bo Burnham. I'm so damn excited :D

dcmetal108
07-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Just got back from seeing the new Ice Age movie. It was actually really funny.

John The Drummer
07-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Lunch break at work, then band practice.
Got to talk to my lady this morning, she made it back to the US safely and is adjusting to our time... can't wait to see her again :D :D :D

slapguitarer
07-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Just busted out a new song in about 5 minutes. Thrash is almost too easy to write.

ravenheart
07-14-2012, 05:35 PM
How the fuck is Neil Fallon losing a beard vote?!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/07/13/matches-17-18-zakk-wylde-vs-johann-hegg-neil-fallon-vs-mark-morton/

ravenheart
07-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Just busted out a new song in about 5 minutes. Thrash is almost too easy to write.

The 245 identical young thrash bands who have sprung up in the last five years agree with you.

slapguitarer
07-14-2012, 05:47 PM
The 245 identical young thrash bands who have sprung up in the last five years agree with you.

XDoomsayerX
07-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Circa Survive already sold out! Noooooo! Da fuck it's not til October.

JRA
07-14-2012, 09:44 PM
How the fuck is Neil Fallon losing a beard vote?!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/07/13/matches-17-18-zakk-wylde-vs-johann-hegg-neil-fallon-vs-mark-morton/

I stopped paying attention to that site when they said the best modern metal drummer was a fucking drum programmer. What's your excuse Mr. "I hate everything so much I'm the only metal fan on the planet who thinks 'Get Thrashed' sucks"?

christopher
07-14-2012, 11:05 PM
Circa Survive already sold out! Noooooo! Da fuck it's not til October.

I'm sure the fact that Touche Amore on the bill helped it sell out fast...

XDoomsayerX
07-15-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm sure the fact that Touche Amore on the bill helped it sell out fast...

Both of em are sold out. LA and Pomona :bawling:

ravenheart
07-15-2012, 04:37 AM
I stopped paying attention to that site when they said the best modern metal drummer was a fucking drum programmer. What's your excuse Mr. "I hate everything so much I'm the only metal fan on the planet who thinks 'Get Thrashed' sucks"?

Just happened to see a link on Zakk Wylde's Facebook newsfeed about a beard vote. The only metal site I actually visit directly, ever, is BraveWords.

And Metal-Archives.com when I want to look something up.

John The Drummer
07-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Coooooooooooooooooooooooool. Looks like my band is going to be shooting a music video in the next couple of weeks for this song, should be fun :rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKQjCI49i9k

ravenheart
07-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Turns out Jon Oliva is one fussy fucker.

ravenheart
07-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Just noticed that Green Day's new album is called 'Uno!'

Genius.

mastodon421
07-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Matt Forte re-signing with the Bears, me finding a ride to Warped Tour, and BTBAM announcing their new album makes this one of the best days in a long fucking time for me. Honestly might go buy a scratch ticket to see if this day can get even better :lol:

mankvill
07-16-2012, 11:22 AM

Just checked that out. Proscriptor not number 1? Stupid.

powerslave_85
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Just noticed that Green Day's new album is called 'Uno!'

Genius.
After hearing the first single just now, I think "uno" is the number of times I'll listen to this album.

ravenheart
07-16-2012, 01:34 PM
After hearing the first single just now, I think "uno" is the number of times I'll listen to this album.

That's more than me.

John The Drummer
07-16-2012, 03:08 PM

Local rock station is playing it every hour... I was sick of it after the first 30 seconds :hecho:

mastodon421
07-16-2012, 03:18 PM

After 21st Century Breakdown, I can confirm that I will never again listen to any new material Green Day puts out.

powerslave_85
07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Local rock station is playing it every hour... I was sick of it after the first 30 seconds :hecho:
At first I thought "well, this isn't completely terrible..." then I saw that it was five minutes long :hecho:

mankvill
07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Let's reminisce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urp5WkXMEmU

mastodon421
07-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Let's reminisce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urp5WkXMEmU

That's what's up. Old Green Day is some of the best pop punk ever.

Completely unrelated: I had an issue printing out my Warped Tour tickets on Live Nation (My printer was out of black ink when I went to print, I know I'm retarded I didn't look at my printer before I tried to print), so I printed them again after I refilled my ink. Has anyone done this in the past? Live Nation gave a really vague answer so I wasn't sure what to do, Hopefully I don't get denied entry.

John The Drummer
07-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Should be ok. You'd only be F'd if they had scanned it already.

mankvill
07-16-2012, 04:03 PM
That's what's up. Old Green Day is some of the best pop punk ever.

Completely unrelated: I had an issue printing out my Warped Tour tickets on Live Nation (My printer was out of black ink when I went to print, I know I'm retarded I didn't look at my printer before I tried to print), so I printed them again after I refilled my ink. Has anyone done this in the past? Live Nation gave a really vague answer so I wasn't sure what to do, Hopefully I don't get denied entry.

for my place (i'm assuming your date is at an amphitheater or somewhere similar), they just scan the barcode on your ticket.

dcmetal108
07-16-2012, 04:12 PM
After 21st Century Breakdown, I can confirm that I will never again listen to any new material Green Day puts out.

This. I'll listen to it but I hated 21st Century Breakdown.

Dextrimental
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
This. I'll listen to it but I hated 21st Century Breakdown.

Caught 30 seconds of a new song on the radio today. Boring drivel. I'm wondering how uninspired they'll actually manage!!

mastodon421
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
for my place (i'm assuming your date is at an amphitheater or somewhere similar), they just scan the barcode on your ticket.

It is at an amphitheater and they do scan the barcodes (Like they do at all Live Nation venues). Like John said, I should be alright I'm just double-checking.

dcmetal108
07-16-2012, 05:20 PM
It is at an amphitheater and they do scan the barcodes (Like they do at all Live Nation venues). Like John said, I should be alright I'm just double-checking.

You will be fine. I always make multiple copies of my tickets for safe keeping.

mankvill
07-16-2012, 06:34 PM

Make sure you bring a big sealed bottle of water, a backpack/knapsack, and sunscreen! :allan:

slapguitarer
07-16-2012, 06:47 PM
And :money:

BloodoftheKings
07-16-2012, 08:37 PM
This past week has been the most effort I've ever put into looking for a job. I've been filling out applications every day but I haven't heard from anyone. feelsbadman.jpg

slapguitarer
07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
If you're just looking for a summer job, I'd say just let it be and enjoy your summer.

BloodoftheKings
07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
If you're just looking for a summer job, I'd say just let it be and enjoy your summer.

I'm staying local for college so i'm looking for a long term job.

jd091
07-16-2012, 08:46 PM

And not get paid? Naw, man. That's something you do in middle school.

I had so much trouble in high school getting summer jobs, totally like your situation. But I personally feel like such shit if I sit around for more than 2 weeks not doing anything, whether it's school or work. Every day you sit around and aren't in school is a day you could be making money for yourself. But I bet you know that, which is why you're trying to get the job! So yeah, good luck man.

slapguitarer
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm staying local for college so i'm looking for a long term job.

Ah. Then keep up the effort. Don't forget to call them back and remind them of your existence.

christopher
07-16-2012, 09:11 PM
I just got home from watching Ted. That was fucking awesome! I'm now going to just chill and watch 21st Jump Street before crashing.

XDoomsayerX
07-16-2012, 10:02 PM
And not get paid? Naw, man. That's something you do in middle school.

I had so much trouble in high school getting summer jobs, totally like your situation. But I personally feel like such shit if I sit around for more than 2 weeks not doing anything, whether it's school or work. Every day you sit around and aren't in school is a day you could be making money for yourself. But I bet you know that, which is why you're trying to get the job! So yeah, good luck man.

Pretty much this. Especially the last year and a half. I think the longest I've gone with no school and work was a week. Need to be occupied with productivity. Finding a job is a bitch though. Even the process once you get hired takes a while, at least both times for me it has.

christopher
07-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Pretty much this. Especially the last year and a half. I think the longest I've gone with no school and work was a week. Need to be occupied with productivity. Finding a job is a bitch though. Even the process once you get hired takes a while, at least both times for me it has.

I think the longest I've spent without school and work was 3 weeks and I found myself at the bottom of a bottle of Sailor Jerry and watching Lost all the way through :lol:

dcmetal108
07-16-2012, 10:05 PM
You can take my job!

Today I worked a 8 hour swift pushing carts. I worked by myself 7 hours straight almost and not only was it beyond busy but it was around 100 degrees and they wouldnt send anyone to help me.

XDoomsayerX
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
I think the longest I've spent without school and work was 3 weeks and I found myself at the bottom of a bottle of Sailor Jerry and watching Lost all the way through :lol:

Hahaha I'm gonna have a 3 week break after summer school and I expect it to be similar but with Breaking Bad, never seen it. :eyes: Plus part time job seeking and career options.

You can take my job!

Today I worked a 8 hour swift pushing carts. I worked by myself 7 hours straight almost and not only was it beyond busy but it was around 100 degrees and they wouldnt send anyone to help me.

Where do you work? I used to work at Home Depot so this was a norm for me plus heavy lifting. Last summer was bruuutal. 100+ degrees on a regular basis. :hecho:

treghet
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
You can take my job!

I'll take it. I've been looking for a job on and off for a while (in between being discouraged) and I'm really tired of applying to places and never hearing back. At this point everybody has already hired new employees for the summer, so I really have no idea where to apply to next.

christopher
07-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Hahaha I'm gonna have a 3 week break after summer school and I expect it to be similar but with Breaking Bad, never seen it. :eyes: Plus part time job seeking and career options.

I had never seen Lost at the time, so I figured it would be a great way to start. I still need to watch BB.

I'll take it. I've been looking for a job on and off for a while (in between being discouraged) and I'm really tired of applying to places and never hearing back. At this point everybody has already hired new employees for the summer, so I really have no idea where to apply to next.

Have you tried calling back the companies you apply at? If you annoy them about wanting a job, they are usually more willing to give it to you cause they think you are serious about wanting to work.

treghet
07-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Have you tried calling back the companies you apply at? If you annoy them about wanting a job, they are usually more willing to give it to you cause they think you are serious about wanting to work.

I guess I should start doing that. I just apply to 10 stores at once and hope one of them contacts me.

NecroRob
07-17-2012, 12:08 AM
I've been applying to places all summer and haven't got a single callback. Not having a job or school to keep me busy/bitch at is so fucking boring. People think it's a dream to not have anything to do for the summer, but it gets old after the first week or so.

treghet
07-17-2012, 12:12 AM
I've been applying to places all summer and haven't got a single callback. Not having a job or school to keep me busy/bitch at is so fucking boring. People think it's a dream to not have anything to do for the summer, but it gets old after the first week or so.

Yep. And not having any money blows. I haven't bought a record, CD, or shirt in months now.

RAZOR
07-17-2012, 01:54 AM
I got lucky with my nice little office job. :lol:

ravenheart
07-17-2012, 02:10 AM

Euphemism?

kalfitegrdan
07-17-2012, 02:18 AM

I envy you. Physical labor sucks.

RAZOR
07-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Euphemism?

Nooooooo way. :lol:

ravenheart
07-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Nooooooo way. :lol:

Just checkin' ;)

masterguy49
07-17-2012, 06:38 AM
I've been working with my dad since his worker got arrested and he needs someone. A lot of people tell me that doesn't count though, even though I'd prefer having a normal teenage job as opposed to working with my dad (it requires a lot of physically demanding labor and every day I come home I'm practically dead). Though it pays well, even if I subsequently lose all my money as soon as I get it :eyes:

jd091
07-17-2012, 06:51 AM

Yeah, once you grow out of your teens unemployment usually = depressing drug abuse :lol: Or maybe that just applies to everyone, I'm not sure.
I've been working with my dad since his worker got arrested and he needs someone. A lot of people tell me that doesn't count though, even though I'd prefer having a normal teenage job as opposed to working with my dad (it requires a lot of physically demanding labor and every day I come home I'm practically dead). Though it pays well, even if I subsequently lose all my money as soon as I get it :eyes:

The first job I ever got was working in my dad's office, pushing around paper. And yeah, try not to spend ALL your money as soon as you get it. :lol: I try to save it up and make a big purchase; you feel better about yourself rather than spending $20 here and there. But hey, live you life man. At least you CAN spend money.

Speaking of which, I'm putting together my own desktop gaming computer. Anyone else into building their own computers here? Or am I the only nerd? :lol:

BloodoftheKings
07-17-2012, 06:53 AM

This.

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2012, 07:03 AM
I haven't got a job this summer but i haven't been looking really. I've been looking for a career and doing a bunch of applications for that but no luck yet. I figured as much though and that's why I'm doing grad school this fall. I am gonna start looking for a part-time job soon though for when I'm back in school.

What I do to keep from being bored and to feel productive is I workout a lot during the day and I do a lot of cleaning and things around the house for my parents.

mastodon421
07-17-2012, 07:16 AM
I've applied for a few real jobs, but I've also had no luck. Thankfully I don't spend too much money and I've saved up a decent amount over the years, so my current salary as a paperboy makes do:lol: I am going to make a much greater effort to get a part-time job once school starts again though.

dcmetal108
07-17-2012, 07:33 AM

Where do you work? I used to work at Home Depot so this was a norm for me plus heavy lifting. Last summer was bruuutal. 100+ degrees on a regular basis. :hecho:

I work at Walmart. Funny thing is not only is the cart guy spot so understaffed that is almost unworkable but most of management use to be a cart guy and they treat us lower than shit. But its been 100+ almost every day I've worked.

ravenheart
07-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Job hunting in the real world blows, in case anyone was wondering.

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes it does.:hmm:

BloodoftheKings
07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
I just got a call back about a job! They told me they're gonna shoot me a more in depth email about scheduling an interview and all that.

mankvill
07-17-2012, 09:16 AM
I just got a call back about a job! They told me they're gonna shoot me a more in depth email about scheduling an interview and all that.

:fist:

I'm in the process of finding out about a great job for me!

mankvill
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I haven't had a job all summer either. I've been super depressed lately (even having come back from college), so I have basically no motivation... then I was put on medication which helps but makes me a complete zombie, no emotions, still no motivation... sure I'm bored as fuck sitting at home, but for whatever reason I can't even consider the idea of leaving my house and having to work for someone. I even went to the library the other day with a volunteer application and met the manager, she told me to line up the books in correct order on the cart, but I accidentally reshelved them :lol: She told me to come in the next day for an interview but I was too embarrassed to go...

It'd be nice to have money but I don't need it. I can't really travel anywhere by myself because my parents are still overprotective, I don't need a constant weed supply because I've learned this summer I get bored of getting high if I do it too often, and I don't give a shit about shows anymore. at least my medication allows me to get drunk faster, which I do almost every day. also Gossip Girl is the best show ever

I'm gonna go hide in my cave for the next few months now.

Usually when I'm like that, I just go out and walk around. You got a mall near you? Just go there, or some shopping center. Walk around. Go support local businesses! Find out about new places.

ravenheart
07-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Yes it does.:hmm:

I said real world ;)

ShatteredFlame
07-17-2012, 09:59 AM
I worked throughout the school year and have been job free this summer. I don't really mind it at all since my job was so boring, calling up people to bother them about taking surveys. Video games, movies, pool and gym every day is all I need for a good Summer.

I think I can get a paid internship for the next two Summer's so I'm looking forward to that.

GarageMetal468
07-17-2012, 10:05 AM
My iPod decided to finally crap out. It's been a good 3 years and it's been through hell and back so it was a matter of time until it happened. Hell, I'm confused at how it even lasted that long. Well, hopefully I can find another 160 GB classic somewhere. I'm gonna be working 6 days straight in a couple weeks so that's more than enough money right there.

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2012, 10:17 AM
I said real world ;)

Explain to me again how the CIA and the FBI aren't the real world. :finger:;)

RAZOR
07-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Just checkin' ;)

What kinda woman do you think I am? :finger:

masterguy49
07-17-2012, 10:53 AM
The first job I ever got was working in my dad's office, pushing around paper. And yeah, try not to spend ALL your money as soon as you get it. :lol: I try to save it up and make a big purchase; you feel better about yourself rather than spending $20 here and there. But hey, live you life man. At least you CAN spend money.

Speaking of which, I'm putting together my own desktop gaming computer. Anyone else into building their own computers here? Or am I the only nerd? :lol:

Oh I don't spend all of it right away, but I usually save up and make a big purchase usually killing my cash flow. Same with my hobbies, they can kill my cash flow as well. I'm trying to save up more, but it's gonna be gone with Warped and Summer Slaughter coming up :lol:

Also I have yet to get money for it, but when I do get a desktop, I'll be making it. It's been my plan for a year or 2 now.

jd091
07-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Also I have yet to get money for it, but when I do get a desktop, I'll be making it. It's been my plan for a year or 2 now.

It's the only way to go, I'm seriously saving $300+ by just getting the parts individually and putting it together myself.

IrritatedTrout
07-17-2012, 01:41 PM
So apparently Public Enemy released a new album on Itunes today.

Sepultura69
07-17-2012, 01:51 PM

It's probably just as horrible as the last couple of albums that they've been releasing during this past decade. Musick N-Hour Mess Age was the last great public enemy album, and a very underrated hip hop CD imo

BloodoftheKings
07-17-2012, 01:56 PM

Yeah I saw a new PE album pop up on rym that already had a ton of reviews and I was pretty confused. Everyone is saying it sucks so i'm in no rush to check it out.

Fates Guardian
07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Hard Life to Love
The Eternal Idol
Black Sabbath

mankvill
07-17-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.benfolds.com/sites/benfolds/files/120716_bf5_soundlifemind.jpg

HNNNGGGG SEPT. 18 CAN'T GET HERE FAST ENOUGH

brutal_descent
07-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Hard Life to Love