PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
On the phone with Dave Murray and Adrian Smith. Haven't got to talk to them yet though.:cool:

IrritatedTrout
06-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Got to ask Dave and Adrian a question! Only bummer thing was the connection was wonky and it sounded like nobody was there. I was gonna chat just a bit but instead I just went straight into the question after I said hello and heard total silence. Glad to have talked to them but I won't actually get to hear a lot of the conversation until tomorrow on the repeat broadcast.

However, I did gleam one nugget when I heard the last bit of the delayed broadcast on the computer a minute later,

SPOILER:

They're playing The Prisoner this tour!:rocker:

OraclesofAgony
06-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Just had my last final tonight. Just got three more classes to take next school year and I'm done with this bullshit. And then onto new bullshit. :lol:

BloodoftheKings
06-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I am baffled by this new facebook trend. Why is it that every time I log on to facebook my news feed is filled with instagram photos of food? It's not even like the food is anything special that has to be shared with the world. These fucking people will post pics of a plate of half eaten chicken wings with a balled up napkin on the side. Seriously, who the fuck cares what you ate at Applebee's?

brutal_descent
06-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Writing my final exam today :rocker:

christopher
06-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Watching Municipal Waste right now :rocker:

here (http://www.electricvenue.com/#/chain-reaction/4554248863)

dcmetal108
06-11-2012, 10:59 PM

SO MUCH STAGEDIVING!

christopher
06-11-2012, 11:16 PM
I can't tell what is more entertaining. The band, the guy waiving around a ripped up lp while everyone stage dives on him or the im box on the side of the stream. Someone asked how much would we pay for that lp. Someone responded they would trade in their food stamps for it :lol:

Edit: There's a facebook page already made for LP boy :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/Municipalwastelpboy?skip_nax_wizard=true

HAHAHAHA
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/533095_447205121965250_1557172669_n.jpg

OraclesofAgony
06-12-2012, 12:28 AM
I can't tell what is more entertaining. The band, the guy waiving around a ripped up lp while everyone stage dives on him or the im box on the side of the stream. Someone asked how much would we pay for that lp. Someone responded they would trade in their food stamps for it :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/Municipalwastelpboy?skip_nax_wizard=true

HAHAHAHA
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/533095_447205121965250_1557172669_n.jpg

If I didnt have a final tonight I wouldve been at this show. :mad:

rjturtle9
06-12-2012, 01:03 AM

Hope there is a rerun or something.

christopher
06-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Hope there is a rerun or something.

here ya go

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/229941_447225968629832_480783419_n.jpg

:lol:

rjturtle9
06-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Nah! Lol

ravenheart
06-12-2012, 03:02 AM

Reasons why people on the Internet suck #2813.

slapguitarer
06-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Mike Myers Movie Marathon. Gonna watch all the Wayne's World and Auston Powers movies.

brutal_descent
06-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Saw a picture from a few years ago of the girl I love and I together and I bursted into tears and I'm not sure why...

http://rlv.zcache.com/welcome_to_the_friend_zone_postcard-p239210016904247298baanr_400.jpg

treghet
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/welcome_to_the_friend_zone_postcard-p239210016904247298baanr_400.jpg

:lol: Perfect.

dcmetal108
06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Just got confirmation from Winds Of Plague's PR Rep that I have a interview and free ticket with them Aug.13th!

MPF
06-12-2012, 02:10 PM
^ And also related, I just got confirmed a video interview with Scale The Summit on Saturday.

jd091
06-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Just got confirmation from Winds Of Plague's PR Rep that I have a interview and free ticket with them Aug.13th!

noice

MPF
06-12-2012, 06:55 PM
One of my most productive days I've had in a long time. I lined up Scale The Summit, Last Chance To Reason, and Russian Circles for interviews when they come to Minnesota on their respective tours.

I almost feel legit now. haha

Crionics
06-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Having a hard time finding a gig buddy for Landmine Marathon this Saturday.

mankvill
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Having a hard time finding a gig buddy for Landmine Marathon this Saturday.

Make a new gig buddy there!

dcmetal108
06-12-2012, 09:58 PM
One of my most productive days I've had in a long time. I lined up Scale The Summit, Last Chance To Reason, and Russian Circles for interviews when they come to Minnesota on their respective tours.

I almost feel legit now. haha

This. Surprising all bands PR's I've contacted haven't been dicks. haha.

Except In This Moments rep which the band said contact and the rep said that it is too far ahead. The show is the same week that the other interviews I have are and the other ones already confirmed me. haha.

MPF
06-12-2012, 10:00 PM
This. Surprising all bands PR's I've contacted haven't been dicks. haha.

Except In This Moments rep which the band said contact and the rep said that it is too far ahead. The show is the same week that the other interviews I have are and the other ones already confirmed me. haha.

Actually you'd be surprised. some reps don't wanna talk about setting up an interview till the week of, hell sometimes the day before.

John The Drummer
06-13-2012, 06:50 AM
This has been cooking up in my mind since MDF.... but everyone calls people from Seattle/the West Coast very PC, too nice, "pussys"..... but after spending a week in Baltimore I have come to realize that Seattle isn't PC..... but a lot of people form the East Coast are just assholes :D
I don't think I went 5 minutes without hearing someone honk their horn or yell out the window at a bad driver.

just my :2cents:

street_burial
06-13-2012, 06:58 AM
This has been cooking up in my mind since MDF.... but everyone calls people from Seattle/the West Coast very PC, too nice, "pussys"..... but after spending a week in Baltimore I have come to realize that Seattle isn't PC..... but a lot of people form the East Coast are just assholes :D
I don't think I went 5 minutes without hearing someone honk their horn or yell out the window at a bad driver.

just my :2cents:

Baltimore is nothing like Jersey or some parts of Pennsylvania

ravenheart
06-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Actually you'd be surprised. some reps don't wanna talk about setting up an interview till the week of, hell sometimes the day before.

Yep, standard.

christopher
06-13-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm heading off to school now. I have two physics exams today. They will both be really easy. I hope I can have enough energy to not fall asleep during the second one :lol:

dcmetal108
06-13-2012, 11:55 AM

Thankfully the few I have right now at least confirmed it ahead of time. Makes it alot easier for me to make sure I have that time off work for it.

mastodon421
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Not that I am fan of them, but Huntress is playing a headlining show at The Palladium and it's the same amount of money as Summer Slaughter and Morbid Angel and it's more expensive than Hatebreed. The fact that a new band is charging more than an established bands like Hatebreed and the same amount as an iconic death metal band and a 10-band package tour is just sad.

christopher
06-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Dammit! Marilyn Manson is playing with Bad Religion and The Offspring on my girlfriends bday. I hope I can convince her to go...

John The Drummer
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
I love it when people call me an elitist, I have a Soulfly tattoo for Christ's sake :D

MPF
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Thankfully the few I have right now at least confirmed it ahead of time. Makes it alot easier for me to make sure I have that time off work for it.

Yeah I just did that today with Scale The Summit and Today I caught The Plague. Get a hold of Today I caught The Plague that day (Saturday) to set everything up with them.

With Scale The Summit. I know Chris Letchford, so I just gotta show up and find him.

dcmetal108
06-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah I just did that today with Scale The Summit and Today I caught The Plague. Get a hold of Today I caught The Plague that day (Saturday) to set everything up with them.

With Scale The Summit. I know Chris Letchford, so I just gotta show up and find him.

Nice I mean they should at least confirm it ahead of time and figure out the exact details a few days before since most people have jobs to work around.

MPF
06-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Nice I mean they should at least confirm it ahead of time and figure out the exact details a few days before since most people have jobs to work around.

Well at the same time they are doing their job too and sometimes they can't worry about press stuff till even the day of. SO I do understand it from their side as well. But then again that is why most people have reps to handle press issues.

ravenheart
06-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Alright, who's stolen my copy of 'Down On The Upside'?

smearCampaign
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Alright, who's stolen my copy of 'Down On The Upside'?

Don't worry. It's coming back around.

christopher
06-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Well today fucking sucked. My first physics final was extremely terrible. My teacher asked us questions in ways that were way too difficult to figure out. After that, I drove home to take care of my pets while my parents were out of town. I live 45 minutes away from school. I had about 90 minutes before needing to leave, so I used it to study for my next physics final. I get to school and feel pretty good about it and find out I left my formula/cheat sheet and home and basically had to take a test on Relativity and Quantum Mechanics based off of memory. I know I did terrible :( I get home to find out my grandma tried coming over to take care of my dog and broke my front door, so I can't lock my house when I want to leave for the moment. Ughh...

treghet
06-13-2012, 08:36 PM
I get home to find out my grandma tried coming over to take care of my dog and broke my front door, so I can't lock my house when I want to leave for the moment. Ughh...

I just imagined your grandma busting in your front door.

But anyway... :hug:

TonyD
06-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Just got back from Municipal Waste and 3IOB, fucking awesome. If anybody's around they're playing a "secret" show with Attitude Adjustment at Eli's in Oakland tomorrow night.

jd091
06-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Well today fucking sucked. My first physics final was extremely terrible. My teacher asked us questions in ways that were way too difficult to figure out. After that, I drove home to take care of my pets while my parents were out of town. I live 45 minutes away from school. I had about 90 minutes before needing to leave, so I used it to study for my next physics final. I get to school and feel pretty good about it and find out I left my formula/cheat sheet and home and basically had to take a test on Relativity and Quantum Mechanics based off of memory. I know I did terrible :( I get home to find out my grandma tried coming over to take care of my dog and broke my front door, so I can't lock my house when I want to leave for the moment. Ughh...

c'mon. let's hug it out.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg411/scaled.php?server=411&filename=me2brosforlife.jpg&res=landing

ravenheart
06-14-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm heading off to school now. I have two physics exams today. They will both be really easy. I hope I can have enough energy to not fall asleep during the second one :lol:

Well today fucking sucked. My first physics final was extremely terrible. My teacher asked us questions in ways that were way too difficult to figure out. After that, I drove home to take care of my pets while my parents were out of town. I live 45 minutes away from school. I had about 90 minutes before needing to leave, so I used it to study for my next physics final. I get to school and feel pretty good about it and find out I left my formula/cheat sheet and home and basically had to take a test on Relativity and Quantum Mechanics based off of memory. I know I did terrible :(

Never boast about exams being easy until AFTERWARDS. It's a surefire way to guarantee they'll be motherfuckers.

Dextrimental
06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
So, since the pre-order bundle I REALLY want to get for the new Periphery album is only for America, would anyone here fancy doing me a favor, and let me send it to their address so they can then send it to me? Obviously I'd pay for the extra postage for it to come to Ireland, and I'd happily pay a little extra to the person for the trouble...!?

Anyone!?

XDoomsayerX
06-14-2012, 04:57 PM

Dayuuuum sooo much bad luck. Hopefully it all evens out with a string of good luck.

On a different note, done with finals! Woohoo :party:

christopher
06-14-2012, 06:12 PM
I had some friends over last night for drinks. When I woke up, I was extremely hungover. I went to put my dads put squirrel out in our glass room so it could run around and not be upset it was in its cage all day. I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the door to the backyard was open and went back to bed. When I got up a few hours later, I found out the squirrel got out. I soon found it on the side of my house next to the roof. After chasing it for 3 hours, I finally got it back into the glass room. It sucks cause I was suppose to go pick up my girlfriend and take her to my house cause my parents were out of town. Well my parents are on their way home cause my dad was upset about his squirrel. Now I don't get my "alone" time here anymore:mad:

masterguy49
06-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm not getting laid :mad:

FTFY

christopher
06-14-2012, 06:16 PM
FTFY

:lol: yupp

El Gordo
06-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't read this thread very often, but please tell me about your dad's pet squirrel and why he has one.

christopher
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't read this thread very often, but please tell me about your dad's pet squirrel and why he has one.

My friend found a baby squirrel a few months ago in the middle of a street. It was too far away from its nest to be good and it was a few hours from dying of starvation. My dad took care of it and nursed it back to health and has kept it as a pet. It basically runs around my house and hangs out with my dad. My dog has gotten used to it as a family pet, so doesn't try killing it when the squirrel jumps on her back for a ride around the kitchen haha. I think my dad loves that squirrel more than me :lol:

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2012, 07:11 PM
My friend found a baby squirrel a few months ago in the middle of a street. It was too far away from its nest to be good and it was a few hours from dying of starvation. My dad took care of it and nursed it back to health and has kept it as a pet. It basically runs around my house and hangs out with my dad. My dog has gotten used to it as a family pet, so doesn't try killing it when the squirrel jumps on her back for a ride around the kitchen haha. I think my dad loves that squirrel more than me :lol:

:lol: That's awesome.

slapguitarer
06-14-2012, 07:28 PM
That's pretty chill. Do you have pics of it? :D

Crionics
06-14-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm interested in the squirrel too :D

Going to my first "late night" 18+ concert on Saturday (or should I say Sunday morning?), kinda nervous but should be fun :cool:

treghet
06-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm interested in the squirrel too :D

Going to my first "late night" 18+ concert on Saturday (or should I say Sunday morning?), kinda nervous but should be fun :cool:

Why would you be nervous about that?

rjturtle9
06-14-2012, 08:35 PM

That's awesome as hell!!! I wanna kick it with a squirrel.

dcmetal108
06-14-2012, 09:01 PM

Someone could slip him a roofie? :cool:

rjturtle9
06-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Getting pissed off at all the stupid thrash kids on facebook bad mouthing the Death to All tour because "there is no Death without Chuck." I hate the LA scene so much!

:mad:

slapguitarer
06-14-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't understand people hating on the Death To All tour. It's not like the guys on the tour are gonna start recording new material under the name Death or anything like that. They're just honoring Chuck and helping out a good cause by getting together and playing some kickass songs and giving people an chance to experience these songs live since they were probably too young to know about Death when Death was still around.

street_burial
06-14-2012, 09:32 PM
made this after seeing the comments on a picture on facebook that the band Kingdom Of Giants was in

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/521482_305283752897895_1280684307_n.jpg

BloodoftheKings
06-14-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't understand people hating on the Death To All tour. It's not like the guys on the tour are gonna start recording new material under the name Death or anything like that. They're just honoring Chuck and helping out a good cause by getting together and playing some kickass songs and giving people an chance to experience these songs live since they were probably too young to know about Death when Death was still around.

I had to tell this to a few dipshits on reddit a few weeks ago. All the proceeds are going to charity so there's nothing "fucked up" or "greedy" about this tour. And nobody is claiming this is the real Death.

slapguitarer
06-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Why the fuck were you on reddit?

BloodoftheKings
06-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Why the fuck were you on reddit?

For the most part it's a better alternative than 4chan. The metal sub on reddit is fucking terrible. I barely post there anymore.

jd091
06-14-2012, 10:44 PM
made this after seeing the comments on a picture on facebook that the band Kingdom Of Giants was in

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/521482_305283752897895_1280684307_n.jpg

get mad, faggot

kalfitegrdan
06-14-2012, 10:51 PM

hail satan
:rocker:

christopher
06-15-2012, 02:04 AM
That's pretty chill. Do you have pics of it? :D

I don't have any at the moment, but I'll take some tomorrow or Saturday when I have time. It clings on to my dad all day long as if my dad is its mother. Its kind of funny walking downstairs in the morning and seeing my dad watching tv with a squirrel chilling on his shoulder :lol:

treghet
06-15-2012, 02:49 AM
I don't have any at the moment, but I'll take some tomorrow or Saturday when I have time. It clings on to my dad all day long as if my dad is its mother. Its kind of funny walking downstairs in the morning and seeing my dad watching tv with a squirrel chilling on his shoulder :lol:

Damn, now I want a pet squirrel! That would be cool.

ravenheart
06-15-2012, 02:55 AM
Fuck you, Iced Earth, for doing a tour edition of 'Dystopia' with the OTHER FUCKING BONUS TRACKS on it.

El Gordo
06-15-2012, 06:53 AM

That's awesome! I don't think my dog could ever co-exist with a squirrel though, he goes absolutely ape-shit over them.

Crionics
06-15-2012, 07:01 AM

Late night, I know my parents will be texting me every 15 minutes asking when I'm coming home and if I'm okay; I'm not sure how all that drama will pan out.

Someone could slip him a roofie? :cool:

treghet
06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Late night, I know my parents will be texting me every 15 minutes asking when I'm coming home and if I'm okay; I'm not sure how all that drama will pan out.

Now that you mention that, I think I remember you posting something like this before. I'm sorry you have such over protective parents. They're holding you back by treating you like a little kid.

Crionics
06-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Now that you mention that, I think I remember you posting something like this before. I'm sorry you have such over protective parents. They're holding you back by treating you like a little kid.

Well I'm 18 now so their going to have to deal with it somehow :bliss:

dcmetal108
06-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Well I'm 18 now so their going to have to deal with it somehow :bliss:

Slip them a roofie? :cool:

kalfitegrdan
06-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Slip them a roofie? :cool:

You and roofies. My hand is gonna be planted firmly over any drinking apparatus that I might have next time we meet up at a concert. :lol:

dcmetal108
06-15-2012, 09:41 AM
You and roofies. My hand is gonna be planted firmly over any drinking apparatus that I might have next time we meet up at a concert. :lol:

hahaha I'm not for roofies personally. I just use my sly personality to get what I want.

I was just offering him another way to do it. :allan:

I just can picture you at show like guarding your drink though :lol:

christopher
06-15-2012, 02:59 PM
I was driving to school earlier and saw something funny. There was a Ford Edge in the lane next to me with a giant Minor Threat sticker on the back. I thought it was kind of ridiculous, then realized the driver was smoking! hahaha!

rjturtle9
06-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Totally broke two bones in my right hand punching a wall. The next month or so is gonna suck!

Crionics
06-15-2012, 06:47 PM
So I just told them it will be a late nighter...Boy were they not happy, looks like I will need those roofies :tp:

dcmetal108
06-15-2012, 07:26 PM
So I just told them it will be a late nighter...Boy were they not happy, looks like I will need those roofies :tp:

hahahahahahaha :cool:

ravenheart
06-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Totally broke two bones in my right hand punching a wall. The next month or so is gonna suck!

Well that was dumb.

rjturtle9
06-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Well that was dumb.

Yup.

BloodoftheKings
06-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Just thought I'd post this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcCT3eVMz88&feature=g-u-u

It's a short film me and my friends did for school. It's about a dystopian society where mathematics have been outlawed. I play the protagonist (the guy in the white shirt and tie).

makethemsuffer12
06-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Just thought I'd post this here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcCT3eVMz88&feature=g-u-u

It's a short film me and my friends did for school. It's about a dystopian society where mathematics have been outlawed. I play the protagonist (the guy in the white shirt and tie).

Great acting. :lol:

BloodoftheKings
06-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Great acting. :lol:

I'm assuming you're referring to the ginger kid in the blue sweater.

christopher
06-15-2012, 11:30 PM
I passed my physics class!!! Well I think I did. I just checked and I got a 40% on the final that I forgot my formula/cheat sheet for. The class average was a 43% so I wasn't too bad. I added up the scores for everything and I ended up with a 65% in the class, which is the bottom of a C+ on the grading scale before my teacher curves it. I feel so much better now. I thought I was going to completely fail my class and not get to move on in classes.

brutal_descent
06-16-2012, 04:21 AM
‎>watching a Metallica DVD
>"holy shit james' voice is really good here"
>look at year of show
>1997

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/830/sad_frog.jpg

makethemsuffer12
06-16-2012, 08:18 AM
‎>watching a Metallica DVD
>"holy shit james' voice is really good here"
>look at year of show
>1997

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/830/sad_frog.jpg

Shouldn't've Jason Newstead given it away that it wasn't any time recent? Or their hair styles?

christopher
06-16-2012, 08:24 AM
God dammit. I switched shifts with someone at work today. They were scheduled at 8am and I was scheduled at 3pm. I get to work at 8am after getting very little sleep after closing at work last night. Some reason, the systen printed out the daily schedule to say the shift was at 11:15 even though the schedule on the break room wall says 8am. My boss told me to come back. :bouville:

MPF
06-16-2012, 11:57 PM
I JUST WON A PAIR OF TICKETS TO DREAM THEATER!

FUCK YEAH, CAPSLOCK!

John The Drummer
06-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Currently wishing that the rest of my band would be more involved with doing more of the business work, I have been up for an hour and a half emailing people, contacting venues for shows, and updating our sites.... and not even halfway done yet >.<

Dextrimental
06-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Currently wishing that the rest of my band would be more involved with doing more of the business work, I have been up for an hour and a half emailing people, contacting venues for shows, and updating our sites.... and not even halfway done yet >.<

Have you guys considered a manager? I know a couple of bands who got a manager/some business personnel to help once the work became like that, with just lots of it to do.

John The Drummer
06-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Have you guys considered a manager? I know a couple of bands who got a manager/some business personnel to help once the work became like that, with just lots of it to do.
We have talked about it, but as of right now feel its best if we are in control of everything. I know I was complaining a bit, but I love talking to the fans and doing the business, I just wish the other guys could step it up and help out too, I am sure management would make us look more professional too though.

Dextrimental
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
We have talked about it, but as of right now feel its best if we are in control of everything. I know I was complaining a bit, but I love talking to the fans and doing the business, I just wish the other guys could step it up and help out too, I am sure management would make us look more professional too though.

Sounds like at least one other person should be helping out, with any luck you're only gonna need more help as you guys get bigger!

Travis The Dragon
06-17-2012, 02:20 PM
The new Linkin Park is a pretty decent album. Not as good as the first 3, but much better than A Thousand Suns.

El Gordo
06-17-2012, 04:00 PM

I don't know what stage your band is at, but I feel your pain. About 10 years ago, right when it seemed like my band could have taken the next step with a little hard work, it became pretty obvious that my band members didn't want to put the same time and effort into promoting ourselves as I did. We had no money, so I was spending my free time cutting out our CD booklets, folding them, and putting the whole package together, as well as creating and updating our website, mailing our demos to labels, zines, etc., trying to book shows... you get the picture. I think that's a huge problem with a lot of promising bands -- they may have the talent to get somewhere, but if the effort isn't there from everyone involved, it's just not going to work. Not saying it's not going to work for you guys, but just know that you're definitely not alone in the way you're feeling right now!

MPF
06-17-2012, 04:12 PM

I know this pain so very much. In my last real band. I had to do everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Book shows, make copies of our EPs and albums, online updates. Hell I was even starting to write the songs near the end of it. It takes a hell of a lot out of you. If things pull through its worth it. If not, it fucking sucks.

It would be good to talk to them at some point even just to have them do one thing that you don't have to do. It will eventually start to take too much of a toll on you if it hasn't already and it will affect the chemistry with the band. I know it did for me.

John The Drummer
06-17-2012, 04:29 PM
The main thing is that I am the youngest in my band (I am 23, other two members are 39/40, and our fill in bassist is 31), the two oldest guys are married, have jobs that cause them to be very busy all the time. Our singer/vocalist is always busy, and even cuts into the song writing time, which is understandable, yet still frustrating.

We played that Marduk show Friday, and a few people said that we were the best band of the night. So we have the sound, we have the look, we have the fans, we just need to get out, play out of town more, tour, write more, but it's just rough due to everyones schedule. I'm going to be spending as much time as possible with my lady once she is here, so hopefully they can do what I normally do.

But oh well, I guess all of that just comes with being in a band and being the most un-busy person haha. It sure has built up my social skills though, I was a complete mute and anti-social kid back in high school, now I don't shut up and know too many people :D

MPF
06-17-2012, 04:33 PM
The main thing is that I am the youngest in my band (I am 23, other two members are 39/40, and our fill in bassist is 31), the two oldest guys are married, have jobs that cause them to be very busy all the time. Our singer/vocalist is always busy, and even cuts into the song writing time, which is understandable, yet still frustrating.

We played that Marduk show Friday, and a few people said that we were the best band of the night. So we have the sound, we have the look, we have the fans, we just need to get out, play out of town more, tour, write more, but it's just rough due to everyones schedule. I'm going to be spending as much time as possible with my lady once she is here, so hopefully they can do what I normally do.

But oh well, I guess all of that just comes with being in a band and being the most un-busy person haha. It sure has built up my social skills though, I was a complete mute and anti-social kid back in high school, now I don't shut up and know too many people :D

Story of my life. :lol:

MPF
06-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Just though I'd bring this up here. I'm not ignoring anyone on facebook tonight (I'm addressing this since I was talking to you guys there). My account just popped up as so:

Account Temporarily Unavailable

Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.

moobys37
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Currently in the process of getting a date for a tour that, once it gets announced, will have this website collectively shit itself.

mankvill
06-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Currently in the process of getting a date for a tour that, once it gets announced, will have this website collectively shit itself.

Iron Maiden w/ Vektor?

powerslave_85
06-18-2012, 07:32 PM
*bets $5 it's some metalcore bands I don't give two shits about*

mastodon421
06-18-2012, 07:57 PM
It's a Body Count reunion tour with Limp Bizkit and P.O.D opening.

dcmetal108
06-18-2012, 08:18 PM
It's a Body Count reunion tour with Limp Bizkit and P.O.D opening.

I'd go to that in a instant. Screw P.O.D. but the 13 year old in me wants to see Limp Bizkit and Body Count is awesome.

rjturtle9
06-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Iron Maiden w/ Vektor?

Oh god I will die!

MPF
06-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Oingo Boingo Reunion?

christopher
06-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I got off work, waited around for a bit for my gf to get off of work(she works next door) and then went and had some bomb food at King Taco :D I now have to go to bed cause I have work in 8 hours :(

BlindGuardian93
06-19-2012, 12:06 AM
On break at work waiting for the donuts to proof so I can start frying

RAZOR
06-19-2012, 02:54 AM

:party:

dcmetal108
06-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Just woke up so decided to listen to the new Lita Ford and make myself a pizza. Not a frozen one, actually make it.

Natrlhi
06-19-2012, 08:36 AM

Yeah, you pseudo-announced this before, and I've been waiting to shit myself for quote some time now. I'm feeling rather constipated at this point. Get the fuck on with it already! :finger:

dcmetal108
06-19-2012, 08:50 AM
So I start full time at the end of the month and during my first full time week I have the day off of the Maiden/Cooper show but lawn tickets are $40 and a good seat is around $80. I need more money!

Sepultura69
06-19-2012, 09:27 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you post something similar to this like a month or two ago? :hmm:

moobys37
06-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah, you pseudo-announced this before, and I've been waiting to shit myself for quote some time now. I'm feeling rather constipated at this point. Get the fuck on with it already! :finger:

That tour should be announced in a week or two. I'm not really sure why that one didn't come out by now actually :eyes:

This one's different. I can say the furthest west it's going to come is Chicago. Not sure the rest of the routing yet though.

John The Drummer
06-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Just spent all of lunch trying to log in, now I only have 5 minutes to type up my awesomely WTF dream from last night :eyes:

Hugh Hefner was throwing a party at the Playboy Mansion and I got invited. Me and Hugh ended up broing it up and he was pouring me drinks all night long. Later he gave me his glass too and said I was "a rad dude" and bought a bottle of Sailor Jerry from the liquor store in his basement for us to split.

I then left the party to go back home, only to find out my house was haunted, so I had to go and find a kid down the street with a machine gun and run away from him to make the ghosts go away.... yeah :eyes:

dcmetal108
06-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Just spent all of lunch trying to log in, now I only have 5 minutes to type up my awesomely WTF dream from last night :eyes:

Hugh Hefner was throwing a party at the Playboy Mansion and I got invited. Me and Hugh ended up broing it up and he was pouring me drinks all night long. Later he gave me his glass too and said I was "a rad dude" and bought a bottle of Sailor Jerry from the liquor store in his basement for us to split.

I then left the party to go back home, only to find out my house was haunted, so I had to go and find a kid down the street with a machine gun and run away from him to make the ghosts go away.... yeah :eyes:

Natrlhi
06-19-2012, 01:37 PM

I then left the party to go back home, only to find out my house was haunted, so I had to go and find a kid down the street with a machine gun and run away from him to make the ghosts go away.... yeah :eyes:Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

mastodon421
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

This. Chappelle's Show quotes ftw:party:

christopher
06-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I just heard Enabler for the first time...HOLY FUCK!!! I'm super excited for Saturday now!! I was happy with Black Breath and Martrydod, but Enabler just makes it that much better. :rocker:

dcmetal108
06-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Writing a review for Chronicle.

Dextrimental
06-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Just finished watching Source Code. It, Sunshine and Moon were all exceptional in my opinion, probably the best sci fi movies, at least Moon and Sunshine, I've seen in a long time.

MPF
06-19-2012, 06:46 PM
This conversation just happened on facebook:

Her
8:30 PM
I love music, what famous ppl have you met

Me
8:37 PM
More then I can count over the years. This year alone I've intervied Abigail Williams, Goatwhore, Hate Eternal, Kittie, Decapitated, Scale The Summit and Today I Caught The Plague. and next week I'm interviewing Volbeat and Iced Earth.

Her
8:41 PM
I haven't heard of any. Do you like LMFAO?

/End Conversation

BloodoftheKings
06-19-2012, 06:49 PM

/End Conversation

To be fair, the people in the bands you mentioned aren't really famous.

MPF
06-19-2012, 07:03 PM
To be fair, the people in the bands you mentioned aren't really famous.

Volbeat isn't famous? They get played more then The Black Keys on the radio here.

Also, if the only band you bring up is LMFAO.....yeah no go.

christopher
06-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm not going to Retox tomorrow. I can't go to the Slidebar anymore after finding out they falsely called the cops to come in and get rid of Kelly Thomas, which resulted in the cops brutally beating the guy to death. The Slidebar's owner made the call to the cops that the homeless man was breaking into cars but it was reported later on that he wasn't. I know that you can't say its the direct cause of the death because the cops had no right beating a homeless man for over an hour. I just think its fucked they started the incident. No more free shows for me there...

christopher
06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Volbeat isn't famous? They get played more then The Black Keys on the radio here.

Also, if the only band you bring up is LMFAO.....yeah no go.

Outside of XM, I can't think of a single radio station that has played Volbeat or would play them in the LA area in the last year or so. I can guarantee you that Black Keys are played at least a few times a week, if not daily.

MPF
06-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Outside of XM, I can't think of a single radio station that has played Volbeat or would play them in the LA area in the last year or so. I can guarantee you that Black Keys are played at least a few times a week, if not daily.

Up here in Minnesota, both are played hourly....HOURLY! Evertyime I get in teh car and my CD player doesn't work and I'm stuck listening to the radio either Still Standing or Gold On The Ceiling is playing. Also lots of Chevelle.

mankvill
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Volbeat plays a good number of radio shows here, but I honestly can't say I've ever heard them on the radio.

rjturtle9
06-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm not going to Retox tomorrow. I can't go to the Slidebar anymore after finding out they falsely called the cops to come in and get rid of Kelly Thomas, which resulted in the cops brutally beating the guy to death. The Slidebar's owner made the call to the cops that the homeless man was breaking into cars but it was reported later on that he wasn't. I know that you can't say its the direct cause of the death because the cops had no right beating a homeless man for over an hour. I just think its fucked they started the incident. No more free shows for me there...

Holy shit! I did not know that!

slapguitarer
06-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I got my first day of work tomorrow.

GarageMetal468
06-19-2012, 10:41 PM
So I guess I requested June 28th off work but I can't remember why... I looked around and there's no shows going on that I know of, nor family events... :confused:

kalfitegrdan
06-19-2012, 10:56 PM
That tour should be announced in a week or two. I'm not really sure why that one didn't come out by now actually :eyes:

This one's different. I can say the furthest west it's going to come is Chicago. Not sure the rest of the routing yet though.

Go on.

Just finished watching Source Code. It, Sunshine and Moon were all exceptional in my opinion, probably the best sci fi movies, at least Moon and Sunshine, I've seen in a long time.

Really? Sunshine? I thought that movie was terrible.

/End Conversation

street_burial
06-19-2012, 11:40 PM
I just heard Enabler for the first time...HOLY FUCK!!! I'm super excited for Saturday now!! I was happy with Black Breath and Martrydod, but Enabler just makes it that much better. :rocker:

We got a bunch of awesome grind and hardcore local bands playing as well for the July 4th show. :party:

christopher
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
We got a bunch of awesome grind and hardcore local bands playing as well for the July 4th show. :party:

We got Pelican as the headliner :bouville: At least the show is free and during the day. I can still have time to go to Disneyland after :D

ravenheart
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Holy fucking shit The Defiled are an awful, awful band.

street_burial
06-20-2012, 12:42 PM
We got Pelican as the headliner :bouville: At least the show is free and during the day. I can still have time to go to Disneyland after :D

Black Breath is the headliner for our show. And they apparently aren't even going on until after midnight. But I'd love to see Pelican.

John The Drummer
06-20-2012, 01:09 PM
New videos of my band from our Marduk show :rocker:

One Abomination Under God
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNcnc1Z1PyI&feature=plcp

Lives For An Eye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9LySjt5M8U&feature=plcp

Enslaving Grace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E1ITa10eq0&feature=plcp

We Want Blood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1COzoF1mg&feature=plcp

slapguitarer
06-20-2012, 08:09 PM
First day of work was a success.

masterguy49
06-20-2012, 08:14 PM
I haven't been posting much, but recently broke up with my girlfriend, taking it harder than I should. Oh well :bouville:

SomewhereInTime72
06-20-2012, 09:04 PM
So I've been here a lot less lately due to horrible time constraints from having work, school, and girlfriend all taking up a crapton of my time.... I've become Nat, but unsuccessful. :tongue:

street_burial
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
I haven't been posting much, but recently broke up with my girlfriend, taking it harder than I should. Oh well :bouville:

Arman :hug:

jd091
06-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Arman :hug:

look armoan streets is your friend

ravenheart
06-21-2012, 07:20 AM
So I've been here a lot less lately due to horrible time constraints from having work, school, and girlfriend all taking up a crapton of my time.... I've become Nat, but unsuccessful. :tongue:

So... the same normal life most people have, more or less? ;)

DementedX14
06-21-2012, 08:56 AM
So... the same normal life most people have, more or less? ;)

Way less in my case. :(

BloodoftheKings
06-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Louie season 2 is finally on Netflix. Gonna spend the next week catching up for season 3. :D

Sepultura69
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Louie season 2 is finally on Netflix. Gonna spend the next week catching up for season 3. :D

wtf!! they made a 2nd season? I remember when one of my good pals introduced me to that show and i watched the entire full first seasons over the internet, good stuff. ahahhahaha I use to have the theme song as my cell ringer LUI LUI LUI LUUUUIIIIAAAUUHHUH

BloodoftheKings
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
wtf!! they made a 2nd season? I remember when one of my good pals introduced me to that show and i watched the entire full first seasons over the internet, good stuff. ahahhahaha I use to have the theme song as my cell ringer LUI LUI LUI LUUUUIIIIAAAUUHHUH

The 2nd season was last summer, the 3rd season starts next week. I think I might just have to make that my ringtone now. :lol:

dcmetal108
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM
So Landmine Marathon said that Ryan and GRACE PERRY! would love to set up a interview next week before their show. They said they'd even do it outside of the venue since their show is 21+.

moobys37
06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Finding out within 48 hours about an awesome coheadliner for my festival. *SHAMELESS PLUG!* YOU can name the festival and win two free tickets by checking out the Allure of the Earth Productions facebook page and submitting your idea.

street_burial
06-21-2012, 12:17 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/601129_431771446854979_880890090_n.jpg

makethemsuffer12
06-21-2012, 12:39 PM

YES (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7QWknxeFc)

John The Drummer
06-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Going to book a West Coast tour for my band. Shooting for the Fall if everything works out :D

Sepultura69
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Going to book a West Coast tour for my band. Shooting for the Fall if everything works out :D

Dude, book a show for orange county area. I will come and support and we can both crank the soldier boy after the show is over, NAH WAMI-YOUUUUUUUUUUUU. :rocker:

slapguitarer
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
If you book a gig in the Bay Area I'll try my best to make it.

John The Drummer
06-22-2012, 06:51 AM
:hug::hug::hug:
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/1/17/sympathycatfe128450986868281250.jpg

Dude, book a show for orange county area. I will come and support and we can both crank the soldier boy after the show is over, NAH WAMI-YOUUUUUUUUUUUU. :rocker:

If you book a gig in the Bay Area I'll try my best to make it.

Will do! I was hoping some people here would chime in on areas to play and local bands that have a good draw :D

treghet
06-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Will do! I was hoping some people here would chime in on areas to play and local bands that have a good draw :D

For the Orange County area you could try Chain Reaction. They book a lot of local bands. I'm not sure about who has a good draw though, I don't pay any attention to the scene here.

ravenheart
06-22-2012, 07:31 AM
we can both crank the soldier boy after the show is over

This sounds so, SO gay.

mastodon421
06-22-2012, 07:55 AM
This sounds so, SO gay.

It is, but Crankin Dat Soulja Boy is hilarious.

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2012, 08:07 AM
we can both crank the soldier boy after the show is over

This sounds so, SO gay.

It is, but Crankin Dat Soulja Boy is hilarious.

I prefer The Bernie. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRBLmogRL4c)

treghet
06-22-2012, 08:20 AM

First time I watched that I could not stop laughing.

Sepultura69
06-22-2012, 08:27 AM
First time I watched that I could not stop laughing.

Same here.

ravenheart
06-22-2012, 08:29 AM

Is it funny because they're all doing it wrong? :eyes:

dcmetal108
06-22-2012, 10:19 AM

hahaha how have I never seen that.

mastodon421
06-22-2012, 12:55 PM

:lol: I do too. When I was in North Carolina last summer on a family vacation, a few of my cousins, my brother, and I went past a bar named Barefoot Bernies then we pulled over and all proceeded to Bernie in front of the sign. I wish I had the picture on my computer because I would totally post it. Shit was epic.

John The Drummer
06-22-2012, 01:17 PM
I will come and support and we can both crank the soldier boy after the show is over, NAH WAMI-YOUUUUUUUUUUUU. :rocker:

HOW DID I LOOK OVER THIS WHEN RESPONDING THIS MORNING!??!!? :mad:
One does not simply "crank that soudier boy"..... "YOOOOOU CRANK DAT SOLJA BOY!!!!!!!" :rocker:

...also, I need to check out "The Bernie" when I got on a more reliable computer ...

masterguy49
06-22-2012, 01:26 PM

:lol: YES, me and my friends do the Bernie in public/school events all the fucking time. it's hilarious, especially when some people actually take it seriously :lol:

Also thanks for the love John and Streets

Sepultura69
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
HOW DID I LOOK OVER THIS WHEN RESPONDING THIS MORNING!??!!? :mad:
One does not simply "crank that soudier boy"..... "YOOOOOU CRANK DAT SOLJA BOY!!!!!!!" :rocker:

...also, I need to check out "The Bernie" when I got on a more reliable computer ...

DUDE PLEASE CHECK IT OUT WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. The bernie may be the greatest idea since the inventions of computers. I still can't believe I had never heard of the "Bernie" until bloodofkings posted it. After watching it for the first time today I can safely say that it is far more superior than the Soulja boy dance. :hmm:

John The Drummer
06-23-2012, 08:25 AM
BAHAHAHA OMG THE BERNIE IS AMAZING!!!!! It kind of reminds me of some of the dances in Big Booty Bitches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIri9YLHpOg)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

makethemsuffer12
06-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Attempted to convince my dad for us to go to Orion tomorrow... It didn't work :(

dcmetal108
06-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Cleaning right now while rocking some Black Dahlia then going out with my dad tonight to see some pro wrestling. Final match is a hardcore tornado tag cage match, it will be brutal. Plus I'll be front row!

John The Drummer
06-23-2012, 10:30 AM
I had to create a new YouTube account for my band. Since the Google Account change over we haven't been able to log back into our account, and YouTube failed miserably at solving the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/user/funeralage

Subscribe please :D :D :D

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

christopher
06-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm just waiting for 11:30 to come so that I can head over to the Glass House for the free Black Breath, Martyrdod, Enabler show! It's going to be hot as fuck in the Glass House.

street_burial
06-23-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm just waiting for 11:30 to come so that I can head over to the Glass House for the free Black Breath, Martyrdod, Enabler show! It's going to be hot as fuck in the Glass House.

Black breath set plz. And merch for all the touring bands please :D

XDoomsayerX
06-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Cleaning right now while rocking some Black Dahlia then going out with my dad tonight to see some pro wrestling. Final match is a hardcore tornado tag cage match, it will be brutal. Plus I'll be front row!

You like wrasslin'? Cool beanz man. WWE could be damn good with their roster but the constant shit story lines and emphasis on John Cena is :barf:

On another note working on Warped Tour Review. Sooo much fun! :party:

christopher
06-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Live stream of Metallica here (http://www.youtube.com/user/fuse?v=Af3EhKR-lVA)

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:05 PM
WTF! Metallica was suppose to start at 9pm. The stream is still doing interviews...:mad:

It's starting!! YEAAHH!

mankvill
06-23-2012, 06:14 PM
WTF! Metallica was suppose to start at 9pm. The stream is still doing interviews...:mad:

It's going now, son

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Hit the Lights!

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Master of the Puppets!

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:30 PM
The Four Horsemen! It'll be interesting to see if they play any Black Album songs tonight since they will be played tomorrow. I wonder what the next few songs will be since they've been playing For Whom the Bells Toll in the next slot for the recent European dates.

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Sad but True. I definitely spoke too soon about the Black Album songs :lol:

mankvill
06-23-2012, 06:36 PM
playing shitty Sad But True now -_-

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:37 PM
playing shitty Sad But True now -_-

time for a bathroom break before the good part :lol:

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:42 PM
No idea what song this is. Is it that Hell and Back song?

Edit: yeah its Hell and Back. I'm guessing they start RTL next :D

mankvill
06-23-2012, 06:49 PM
oh my god are they doing it backwards too?

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:50 PM
oh my god are they doing it backwards too?

It looks that way. Hey look at it this way, two songs from Escape!

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Pay attention to Lars' feet when they zoom in on him. I noticed he was moving his legs up and down but wasn't even hitting the kick pedals!!

edit: oh wait, they did it again and he was hitting them. Maybe he just messed up like usual haha

mankvill
06-23-2012, 06:53 PM
It looks that way. Hey look at it this way, two songs from Escape!

the moment of tooth

will they skip it?
will jamey jasta come out and do it?
will james nut up and do it?

christopher
06-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Creeping Death! One song away from Escape!! :D

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:05 PM
James: What song is next?
Crowd: ESCAPE!
James: Don't say that (while covering his ears)

mankvill
06-23-2012, 07:06 PM
hahaha, that was awesome!

then Lars got the crowd chanting Frayed. :D Hopefully they bust that out TOO :D

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:08 PM
hahaha, that was awesome!

then Lars got the crowd chanting Frayed. :D Hopefully they bust that out TOO :D

Seriously!! That would be fucking awesome!

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Trapped Under Ice :rocker:

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Kirk guitar solo and Fade to Black.

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:25 PM
For Whom the Bell Tolls

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:37 PM
RTL and FFWF

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:41 PM
Nothing Else Matters :hecho:

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Enter the Sandman...I'm falling asleep here:zzz:

JRA
06-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Nothing Else Matters :hecho:

And you get pissy about playing Escape, James? Fuck you.

christopher
06-23-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm about to leave in 5 minutes to pick my gf up and hang out. Looks like I'll miss the encore. I'm guessing One, Battery and Seek and Destroy. Someone post a setlist for this show since I'll be gone.

mankvill
06-23-2012, 08:04 PM
They did Blackened, now they're doing One, and I'm assuming they'll close with Seek afterwards.

christopher
06-23-2012, 08:16 PM
They did Blackened, now they're doing One, and I'm assuming they'll close with Seek afterwards.

I thought I heard Battery as I was turning off my computer?

mankvill
06-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I thought I heard Battery as I was turning off my computer?

Oh wow, what the fuck? Yeah, it was Battery. @_@ I'm goin crazy.

John The Drummer
06-23-2012, 08:50 PM

Made Funeral Age one of them fancy pants Iphone picture thingamajigs that takes you directly to our site when scanned :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/johndev/FuneralAgeScannyThing.png

GarageMetal468
06-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Gonna try and learn all of Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane on guitar. Got the first 3 songs down, currently learning Where Dead Angels Lie

John The Drummer
06-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Gonna try and learn all of Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane on guitar. Got the first 3 songs down, currently learning Where Dead Angels Lie

:lovedup::lovedup::lovedup::lovedup::lovedup: :lovedup:

smearCampaign
06-24-2012, 12:34 PM

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

maidenpriest
06-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Watched Italy beat England!!!! :D No chance that they will beat Germany though

christopher
06-24-2012, 03:39 PM
I just ate at Jersey Mike's with my gf. Holy shit! It was the best sub I have ever had!

mankvill
06-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I just ate at Jersey Mike's with my gf. Holy shit! It was the best sub I have ever had!

:eyes:

u srs brah?

christopher
06-24-2012, 04:12 PM
:eyes:

u srs brah?

Yeah...they just opened one across the street from my work, so I've never had it before.

MPF
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Interviewing MC Chris August 10th!

For the motherfucking WIN!!!!

mankvill
06-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Interviewing MC Chris August 10th!

For the motherfucking WIN!!!!

christopher
06-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I like how they say this is affordable for all Dio fans, yet the cheapest tickets are $200. I can't afford that :lol:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/168871_398283173541432_2006437913_n.jpg

treghet
06-24-2012, 06:02 PM
I like how they say this is affordable for all Dio fans, yet the cheapest tickets are $200. I can't afford that :lol:

Wow, that's ridiculous.

MPF
06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Fuck, how much money does Wendy need?

christopher
06-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Wow, that's ridiculous.

Below are the Ticket and Sponsorship Packages

1. Main Floor ($200 ea.)
- Full Hosted Bar & Gourmet Food Stations 7:30pm-11:00pm

2. Main Floor/Private Loge ($250 ea.)
- Full Hosted Bar & Gourmet Food Stations 7:30pm-11:00pm
- Access to Private Seating in Loge Area

3. VIP Balcony ($550 ea.)
- Full Hosted Bar, Gourmet Carvery & Food Stations 7:30pm-2:00am
- VIP Access to Balcony
- Commemorative Photo Booth Picture
- Extra VIP Entertainment

4. VIP Opera Box ($12,000 ea.) Only 2 Available
- 15 VIP Balcony Tickets
- Premier Stage and Main Floor Views from Opera Box Seats
- Full Hosted Bar, Gourmet Carvery & Food Stations 7:30-2:00am
- Private Balcony Box Seating
- 1/2 Page Ad in Program
- Signage at Event

5. VIP Balcony Box ($12,000 ea.) Only 1 Available
- 15 VIP Balcony Tickets
- Full Hosted Bar, Gourmet Carvery & Food Stations 7:30-2:00am
- Private Balcony Box Seating
- 1/2 Page Ad in Program
- Signage at Event

treghet
06-24-2012, 06:07 PM
$12,000?!? Holy shit. :eek:

powerslave_85
06-24-2012, 06:52 PM
The $12,000 one is obviously for corporate donors, hence the stuff about ads and signs.

dcmetal108
06-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Just got off work, gotta tell you about a indie wrestling show my dad and I went to last night.

So the indie show I went to last night had one NO DQ match and they used a cookie sheet I gave them and one wrestler had my dad (we know the guy) throw a chair into the ring and then had everyone in the venue go old school ECW and all start throwing every chair into the venue.

And the hardcore tornado tag cage match WAS FUCKING OVER THE TOP INSANE! All four guys bled like pigs and used another cookie sheet I gave them. They all feel in thumb tacks a bunch, used a trashcan and a 2X4. Ended the match with one guy going off the top of the cage threw a table that was on fire. The guy lit it using a entire bottle of lighter fluid and the guy that went threw it stayed on fire. I was like 6 feet from the ring. INSANE!

Crionics
06-25-2012, 04:51 AM
Some idiot blew off my mailbox :mad:

powerslave_85
06-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Heads up to anyone going to the Maiden show tomorrow night: there's rain/possible thunderstorms in the forecast, so if you're in one of the back sections or the lawn, you might want to bring a poncho :bouville:

mastodon421
06-25-2012, 08:25 AM
Heads up to anyone going to the Maiden show tomorrow night: there's rain/possible thunderstorms in the forecast, so if you're in one of the back sections or the lawn, you might want to bring a poncho :bouville:

This x1000. I'm not going to be able to make it to Maiden tomorrow, but I saw blink-182 last year at the Comcast Center and it downpoured the whole time blink was playing. It was fucking miserable and I would never even consider not bringing a poncho to the Comcast Center ever again with rain in the forecast.

ravenheart
06-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Some idiot blew off my mailbox :mad:

You were told not to carve a cock into it ;)

treghet
06-25-2012, 08:52 AM
You were told not to carve a cock into it ;)

MPF
06-25-2012, 10:56 AM
1PM interview with Volbeat. DAMN that is early. 5 and a half hours before doors open early. Still waiting to hear when the Iced earth interview happens, but if all goes right I will be having one of the best nights of my life with Iced Earth after the show.

Dextrimental
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Graspop ruled, HARD.

christopher
06-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm going to Disneyland right now with my gf. I'll be wearing my R2D2 mickey ears and my Wormrot shirt :lol:

brutal_descent
06-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Graspop ruled, HARD.

:fist:

MPF
06-26-2012, 12:47 AM
What my day will be like when i wake up:

1PM- Volbeat Interview
4PM- Iced Earth Interview
6PM till ???- Possible Shenanigans?

MPF
06-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Had a fantastic and very shitty day today. I'm working on the interviews mixing them with the video and should be up either sometime tonight or by the time I go to see Dream Theater tomorrow. I will just leave this here for now...

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/575537_10151851179195459_495433915_n.jpg

dcmetal108
06-27-2012, 04:15 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/376376_10150902567568093_1011733402_n.jpg

I will be spending too much money at warped tour.

Also I am having a pair of cargo shorts custom altered right now for concerts.

smearCampaign
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Also I am having a pair of cargo shorts custom altered right now for concerts.

What the hell kind of custom alterations are you having done?

dcmetal108
06-27-2012, 07:45 PM
What the hell kind of custom alterations are you having done?

I am having two buttons sown onto each front pocket so that when I go to shows I can put my phone and wallet in there then button them close and go crowdsurfing etc.

I have bad fears of losing stuff at shows so this way it will be safely secured and Ill be able to do whatever.

Call me crazy but its a good idea. Wearing jeans in the summer is too hot.

John The Drummer
06-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Hellz yeah! Just got confirmed to open the Korpiklaani Seattle date :D

christopher
06-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I am having two buttons sown onto each front pocket so that when I go to shows I can put my phone and wallet in there then button them close and go crowdsurfing etc.

I have bad fears of losing stuff at shows so this way it will be safely secured and Ill be able to do whatever.

Call me crazy but its a good idea. Wearing jeans in the summer is too hot.

Oh yeah, that works great! My mom sowed a zipper on the front pocket of my shorts one year and I was able to feel secure with having my cell and wallet in that pocket when I went places.

RAZOR
06-27-2012, 10:04 PM
I just got done packing for the weekend, and now it's time to sleep. In about...nine hours I'll be on my way to NJ/Philly! :party:

Christen
06-27-2012, 10:59 PM
So, I haven't had a chance to post about this yet due to work, but there was a blackout in my town (and most of my province) that started at midnight Monday evening/Tuesday morning (Whatever you want to call it) and didn't end until Tuesday around 11 PM. For whatever reason I still had to go in to work on Tuesday night and it was the most boring night I've ever had but on the plus side some of the easiest money I've ever made.

MPF
06-27-2012, 11:53 PM
James LaBrie fell off the stage during the first song tonight. :lol:

slapguitarer
06-28-2012, 08:40 AM
James LaBrie fell off the stage during the first song tonight. :lol:

:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

IrritatedTrout
06-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I just got done packing for the weekend, and now it's time to sleep. In about...nine hours I'll be on my way to NJ/Philly! :party:

Want FTTB?

ravenheart
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Want FTTB?

I have spare FTTB for Camden and Bristow too. Except I won't be online much... :eyes:

mankvill
06-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Just got back from Prometheus. :drool:

moobys37
06-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Just booked Negative Approach. August 10!

kalfitegrdan
06-29-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't know if anyone posted about this or not since no one posted a set for it, but on Tuesday at the Chicago Death to All show, Trevor from The Black Dahlia Murder was one of the guest vocalists and did vocals on Symbolic. Just thought that that was worth noting, otherwise it was the same set and everything. Absolutely amazing show though! :rocker: Also, Morta Skuld was brutal as all hell.

christopher
06-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Just booked Negative Approach. August 10!

nice!

John The Drummer
06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Starting preparation on booking my bands West Coast tour. Made a cute little map to work with :D

Red dots represent cities/areas we want to hit for sure:
Portland, OR
Eugene, OR
San Fran, CA / general Bay Area
Los Angeles, CA / general area, maybe Anaheim instead

Blue dots represent cities/areas still being discussed:
Sacramento, CA - friends toured there and said it wasn't too good for unsigned bands)
Reno, NV - aren't sure if we want to venture into Nevada, but in talks
Las Vegas, NV - same as above, maybe hit it on the way up if anything
San Diego, CA - depends on how south we are willing to travel
Phoenix, AZ - we aren't sure if we want to travel that far East, but wouldn't hurt too bad

Black dot/black area represents an area that would be nice to play to cut back on travel time, but it doesn't seem like there are many places/too strong of a scene to really risk playing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/johndev/roughtour.jpg

Edit: And yes, we are skipping Seattle :lol: . We always play here and figured it wouldn't really help. We may use the Korpiklaani show as our tour kick off if this actually gets booked.

powerslave_85
06-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Going to see Weird Al in October. FUCK. YES. :rockdevil :rockdevil

MPF
06-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Starting preparation on booking my bands West Coast tour. Made a cute little map to work with :D

Red dots represent cities/areas we want to hit for sure:
Portland, OR
Eugene, OR
San Fran, CA / general Bay Area
Los Angeles, CA / general area, maybe Anaheim instead

Blue dots represent cities/areas still being discussed:
Sacramento, CA - friends toured there and said it wasn't too good for unsigned bands)
Reno, NV - aren't sure if we want to venture into Nevada, but in talks
Las Vegas, NV - same as above, maybe hit it on the way up if anything
San Diego, CA - depends on how south we are willing to travel
Phoenix, AZ - we aren't sure if we want to travel that far East, but wouldn't hurt too bad

Black dot/black area represents an area that would be nice to play to cut back on travel time, but it doesn't seem like there are many places/too strong of a scene to really risk playing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/johndev/roughtour.jpg

Edit: And yes, we are skipping Seattle :lol: . We always play here and figured it wouldn't really help. We may use the Korpiklaani show as our tour kick off if this actually gets booked.

Too bad there is no chance of a Minnesota show, I'd love to see you guys play.

Christen
06-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Gonna head to the movie theater to see Ted in a little bit.

TonyD
06-29-2012, 05:59 PM
I know there's a place called Nocturnum in Eureka.
Gonna head to the movie theater to see Ted in a little bit.

Oh god.

John The Drummer
06-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Too bad there is no chance of a Minnesota show, I'd love to see you guys play.

Maybe in the future! The band has been around for nearly 10 years and surprisingly never done a West Coast tour. US Tour 2013??? We'll see :D