PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks to all of you guys for your thoughts. The female friend and I have been talking about it a little bit since, but our plans are to meet Tuesday night to go out to a late dinner or something and talk about everything and how we feel about it. So basically I have 2 days to just sort of think about how I feel and what I think the best decision is.

Cool man, keep us informed! Hope it all works out for you either way!

treghet
10-09-2011, 07:45 PM
See, Sam, this is why we disable facebook chat. We don't want those creepers annoying us. ;)

:lol:

bt11763
10-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Just saw Laura Stevenson at my school. I will marry this woman

rjturtle9
10-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Totally broke up with my girlfriend. Fuck it at least I can have intercourse with whom ever I want now. :D

daimonos
10-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Totally broke up with my girlfriend. Fuck it at least I can have intercourse with whom ever I want now. :D

:fist:

brutal_descent
10-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Electric Wizard, Giant Squid, SubRosa, Loss, Ordog.

EDIT: And check out KYPCK too. Awesome Russian doom. Ниже is one of the best doom albums of the year.

It's actually a Finnish band. The singer sings for Dreamtale, and they just sing in Russian for the lulz ;)

IrritatedTrout
10-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Whoever said that they hate beer and liquor. So do I.

That's why I hardly ever drink. :lol:

I've been in Germany for over two weeks now and have yet to have a beer. Maybe I will my last night here.:tongue: I did have one shot of Hazelnut liquor though and that was surprisingly smooth. I expected to want to throw up after it (from the taste, not from being drunk) but it actually went down pretty easily.

Epidemic Reign
10-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Electric Six is making their annual stop in my town tonight. Which basically means that tonight will be the drunkest night of the year for me. Drinking right now, then naptime, then wake up and drink some more, catch a ride to the show, drink some more, rock the fuck out, catch a ride home and drink till I pass out.

That's how that works. It's fucking E6 Day.

Epidemic Reign
10-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I was gonna give you some advice on drinking, then realized I probably wasn't qualified :lol:

Probably not :lol: but don't worry, this ain't my first rodeo. Keep at it and you'll be qualified soon enough, it's just a matter of practice, trial and error ;)

makethemsuffer12
10-10-2011, 08:59 AM
also, I didn't mention this, but I'm on Zoloft, a SSRI (antidepressant, I use it for anxiety).

I heard testicles work better. IIIIIIIII'm just playin'.

Epidemic Reign
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
I heard testicles work better.

Hey, come on now. If you don't need it that's great, but give the guy a break.

also, I didn't mention this, but I'm on Zoloft, a SSRI (antidepressant, I use it for anxiety). I'm not supposed to have more than 2-3 drinks at a time... :snivel:

I admit, that's probably way too personal...but I feel that since everybody knows about my experiences with alcohol already, this needs to be known :lol: I dunno if I should get off zoloft or what, because I don't see myself ceasing to get drunk any time soon...

I'm not really familiar with anti-depressants and how they mingle with alcohol. I'm more familiar with intermediate painkillers (vicodin/percocet). But I do know that you shouldn't mix prescriptions with alcohol unless you know VERY well what you're doing, and even then you really shouldn't do it :lol: were you on Zoloft the other night when the incident happened? Because that may have played a huge role in your reaction.

ShatteredFlame
10-10-2011, 09:11 AM
So do antidepressants actually work? I just believe its all in your head.

I'm on medication (Acutane for acne) and apparently the side effects are fucked up if you drink it with alcohol due to how strong the drug is.

illuminatus917
10-10-2011, 09:20 AM
It's actually a Finnish band. The singer sings for Dreamtale, and they just sing in Russian for the lulz ;)

Ah. I figured since their lyrics are in Russian and their album titles are Russian they were Russian.

Epidemic Reign
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Ah. I figured since their lyrics are in Russian and their album titles are Russian they were Russian.

YOU FUCKING BOUGHT WHAT THEY SOLD YOU.

ravenheart
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Can't be bothered to read back to confirm, but I assume we're talking about Kypck?

brutal_descent
10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Can't be bothered to read back to confirm, but I assume we're talking about Kypck?

Yes.

Epidemic Reign
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM

We're actually talking about alchoholism and prescription drugs, Kypck just happened to pop up in the conversation.

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 09:43 AM
GAMEFUEL IS BACK

ravenheart
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
We're actually talking about alchoholism and prescription drugs, Kypck just happened to pop up in the conversation.

Yeah, they do that. There aren't many topics where Finns singing in Russian aren't relevant, really.

mankvill
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Electron sea - now set free - takes into the sky above on sentinel stream.

And grant to me - a light to see - and pilgrimage to mountain of the votaric form.

And lighten pon day - the solarics raise - falls upon the ziggurat electron school.

And reap upon field - the host moon fade away - glides the aeronaut toward the object form.

jd091
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
GAMEFUEL IS BACK

Sweet! What game is it whoring out now? Gears 3 or some comparable shit? ;)

illuminatus917
10-10-2011, 12:20 PM

Yeah, they do that. There aren't many topics where Finns singing in Russian aren't relevant, really.

Actually, Indestructible asked for some doom band recs before the subject of prescription drugs ever came up. Prescrition drugs just happened to pop up in the conversation.

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Sweet! What game is it whoring out now? Gears 3 or some comparable shit? ;)

Who cares it's :rocker:GAMEFUEL, BITCHES:rocker:

I'm actually gonna go to the gas station next to where I park on my way back home today and see if they have it.

IrritatedTrout
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Going to Berlin for a 3-day trip tomorrow.

makethemsuffer12
10-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I've never really understood why people say "just kidding" after jokes. They're not kidding, otherwise, they wouldn't have thought of it, right? They're "kidding" in the sense that they're not trying to offend anybody.

You didn't offend me, bro, but Jesus, get some perspective man.

Listen dude, I get the whole social anxiety thing. I used to be very much the same way and still am in some ways. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up. I mean, your case might be (and probably is) worse than mine, but it shouldn't come to the point where you have to take fucking antidepressants. It just seems like you've got no will power to say "fuck this, I hate being a miserable fuck. I'm going to be slightly more outgoing." In the end, any change has to come from within yourself, no magic pill is going to really change anything.

makethemsuffer12
10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I dunno, it wasn't really my choice. I didn't say, "hey, I should take a pill for this!" It was recommended to me. But I get what you're saying, I hate having to depend on medicine for my problems.

That doesn't mean they forced the pill down your throat, right? You could easily say no. Hell, you can stop now, can't you?

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Listen dude, I get the whole social anxiety thing. I used to be very much the same way and still am in some ways. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up. I mean, your case might be (and probably is) worse than mine, but it shouldn't come to the point where you have to take fucking antidepressants. It just seems like you've got no will power to say "fuck this, I hate being a miserable fuck. I'm going to be slightly more outgoing." In the end, any change has to come from within yourself, no magic pill is going to really change anything.

It's like you lived my life or something. This is word for word what I did about 2 years ago, but the process to get to where I am now took those entire two years. If you don't like the way you live, do something about it. You only live once, don't fuck it up by just wallowing in misery every waking minute. Granted, there are a lot of things I don't have that I would want in my life but as of now I'm the happiest I've ever been.

makethemsuffer12
10-10-2011, 01:52 PM
I did get off right before I got to college, and my parents yelled at me :eyes: They're making me wait until Christmas break (I need at least 3 weeks to get off it, they say), but I dunno if their opinions have changed at all recently :cool:

Dude, fuck your mom and dad. :lol:
Seriously, dude, no offense, but you're away at college in a different freaking state. Do what YOU want to do. It is your life. You're old enough to be making your own decisions. I'm sure it isn't easy having strict parents, but there comes a time where you have to put your fucking foot down and say "I don't like this." Besides, if you stop taking it, how the fuck are they gonna know?

jd091
10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Fuck bitches get money, Logan.

Epidemic Reign
10-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Actually, Indestructible asked for some doom band recs before the subject of prescription drugs ever came up. Prescrition drugs just happened to pop up in the conversation.

THANK YOU CAPTAIN OB(LI)VIOUS

jd091
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
HOLY SHIT

MY GIRLFIREND KNOWS WHO AT THE GATES ARE

:lovedup:

should I wife?

metallicbrian666
10-10-2011, 03:46 PM
HOLY SHIT

should I wife?
I've played Rock Band before as well

MPF
10-10-2011, 03:58 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

El Gordo
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
HOLY SHIT

should I wife?

If you're going on metal knowledge alone (probably not a good idea first of all), you should set your sights a little higher. Does she know who Laaz Rockit are? Can she recite any of the lyrics to 'Fatal If Swallowed' by Overkill? No? Welcome to Dumpsville, baby! Population, you!

jd091
10-10-2011, 04:18 PM
:lol: Is that song on Rock Band? I have no idea.

If you're going on metal knowledge alone (probably not a good idea first of all), you should set your sights a little higher. Does she know who Laaz Rockit are? Can she recite any of the lyrics to 'Fatal If Swallowed' by Overkill? No? Welcome to Dumpsville, baby! Population, you!

Dude, I'm kidding. I think girls who are into metal are just... weird. :lol:

She was like, "Have you heard that song 'Suicide Nation'", and I was like, "you mean the band? Suicide Silence"? And she was like, "No, its a song by some other band..." and I was like, "Jesus Christ, do you mean At The Gates?" and she was like "Yeah! That band!"

Then she was like, "Do you know Mastodon? Or Arsis?" And I jumped up and did a little dance, and she was like, "I saw Mastodon sophomore year of high school."

Apparently her old boyfriend used to be into that stuff so she's familiar with it. I mean, hell, At the Gates and Arsis aren't exactly entry level stuff. I was like, "you probably don't like any of that anymore and think that kind music sucks" and she was like, "kind of, yeah! *insert lols*". I would actually think it kind of weird if she was way into metal, y'know? I dunno. At least she's familiar with it, and tolerates it, which is all I want from a girl. I'll have to show her some ADTR. Should result in uh, good times, amirite? ;)

RAZOR
10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Dude, I'm kidding. I think girls who are into metal are just... weird. :lol:

:wtf:

daimonos
10-10-2011, 04:31 PM

+1

I've actually met some quality women who are metalheads, some that I would LOVE to be with. :cool:

MPF
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Look at it from the other side of the coin...

I know who Aracde Fire is....does that mean I'm the perfect guy for a hipster girl?

jd091
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM

:lol: :snivel: Sorry! :hug:

I mean, I guess it could be fun if the girl was huge into metal. But I'm just more attracted to girls with cheesy pop music tastes.

I guess in the end, music isn't anywhere close to being the deciding factor for me. It's kind of a personal thing for me, so I don't really need a girl to be into what I'm into also.

BloodoftheKings
10-10-2011, 04:56 PM

This. Pills never did shit for me, they can keep people from killing themselves (not saying I was ever suicidal) but they can't make people happy. I stopped taking those about 2 and a half years ago and I got bad withdrawal for a couple weeks but in the end it was worth it.

BloodoftheKings
10-10-2011, 05:00 PM
It's like you lived my life or something. This is word for word what I did about 2 years ago, but the process to get to where I am now took those entire two years. If you don't like the way you live, do something about it. You only live once, don't fuck it up by just wallowing in misery every waking minute. Granted, there are a lot of things I don't have that I would want in my life but as of now I'm the happiest I've ever been.

This too.

jd091
10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Everybody knows who Arcade Fire is, though.

In other news, I decided I'm gonna take a break from this thread for a while. I'm gonna try to make it one full week, which'll be hard as fuck...but I feel like I frequent this thread way too much. And I'm already by far the top poster here (look at the charts).

Probably good for ya. ;)

christopher
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Everybody knows who Arcade Fire is, though.

In other news, I decided I'm gonna take a break from this thread for a while. I'm gonna try to make it one full week, which'll be hard as fuck...but I feel like I frequent this thread way too much. And I'm already by far the top poster here (look at the charts).

See ya in three days;)

mankvill
10-10-2011, 06:09 PM
New computer is here and set up. First thing I checked:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/426/badcompany2specs.jpg

oh my god i'm going to cum

Dextrimental
10-10-2011, 06:13 PM
So thanks to watching Dexter, my blog which should have been posted today won't be done 'til tomorrow.. I'd love to say I regret this, but I totally don't!

On another note, recently found out humans can use echolocation like Daredevil, mind = blown!

mankvill
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM
So thanks to watching Dexter, my blog which should have been posted today won't be done 'til tomorrow.. I'd love to say I regret this, but I totally don't!

On another note, recently found out humans can use echolocation like Daredevil, mind = blown!

no Dexter spoilers plz ;_;

Dextrimental
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
no Dexter spoilers plz ;_;

Have you not already watched the entire series? Either way, my blog is entirely unrelated to Dexter, least the first two entries are, and I'm only at the tail end of season 1, so I really have nothing that can spoil anything for anyone.

mankvill
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Have you not already watched the entire series? Either way, my blog is entirely unrelated to Dexter, least the first two entries are, and I'm only at the tail end of season 1, so I really have nothing that can spoil anything for anyone.

I just mean about this season. I don't get Showtime ;o;

Epidemic Reign
10-10-2011, 06:55 PM
New computer is here and set up. First thing I checked:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/426/badcompany2specs.jpg

oh my god i'm going to cum

I always wondered who the hell actually plays video games on PC, now I know :lol:

mankvill
10-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I always wondered who the hell actually plays video games on PC, now I know :lol:

Was mainly a PC game player, then got 360 and went to college, just now got a good enough PC to get current games. I'm so excited, holy shit. Especially with SC2 blowing up.

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Some weird stuff just happened. I'm outside the library having a smoke and this older guy comes up to me, I'm wearing this shirt:

http://www.rockshirtplaza.com/mm5/graphics/00000007/ghocop2.jpg

Here's how the conversation went:

Him: What's on your shirt?
Me: Oh, Ghoul, a heavy metal band
Him: I don't understand what's going on there
Me: Neither do I really, I just love the band and don't really care about the design, it's cool I guess
(short pause)
Him: I feel really sorry for you
Me: Uh?... why?
Him: Really?
Me: Yeah, really
(another short pause)
Him: Well, what's the age group for this band
Me: Anyone really, I know people in their 40s that listen to them (I actually do) and people around my age, 20, or younger. (I can see that he's trying to say that this kind of music is for kids and deadbeats, here we go) Music is subjective, not one group of people is limited to a certain genre or generation of music. Hell, I listen to classic rock like The Doors and Led Zeppelin and anything that's come out recently. I don't limit myself to anything.
(short pause, his look on his face is like "...shit")
Him: Alright then (walks away)

Damn, ignorant people. Who the hell does he think he is telling me that he feels sorry for me just because of what I wear. Eh whatever, haters gonna hate, I proved my point and he walked away first, victory is mine! :party:

mankvill
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Me: Anyone really, I know people in their 40s that listen to them (I actually do) and people around my age, 20, or younger. (I can see that he's trying to say that this kind of music is for kids and deadbeats, here we go) Music is subjective, not one group of people is limited to a certain genre or generation of music. Hell, I listen to classic rock like The Doors and Led Zeppelin and anything that's come out recently. I don't limit myself to anything.

you didn't actually say all this.

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM

That I did, sir. Everything there is word for word. Just happened 10 minutes ago.

mankvill
10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
That I did, sir. Everything there is word for word. Just happened 10 minutes ago.

Well good! :D

I think everyone I interact with me in real life know that I love heavy metal and Ben Folds just about the same, so they don't act like that to me too much. :cool:

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Well good! :D

I think everyone I interact with me in real life know that I love heavy metal and Ben Folds just about the same, so they don't act like that to me too much. :cool:

Well this was just some random dude that came up to me, I'm on a huge campus so I'm bound to someone who looks at me or my shirts weird. And the majority of my shirts are metal band shirts, so I don't think they'd assume I listen to No Doubt, Crystal Castles and The Black Keys as well as, you know, Dissection, Absu and Rigor Mortis! :D

jd091
10-10-2011, 07:48 PM

I believe it! You see like the type of guy that would fight that point, Garagemetal. :fist:

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 08:05 PM
I believe it! You see like the type of guy that would fight that point, Garagemetal. :fist:

KEEPERS OF THE FAITH BRO

But really, I don't take shit from anyone, especially if someone is going to insult me based on what music I listen to/what shirt I wear.

mankvill
10-10-2011, 08:08 PM
You know who 100% belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BMlQlGx06ew/Tjccj9ePZBI/AAAAAAAAAhY/U58bc1jJ5JM/s1600/devo%255B1%255D.jpg

DementedX14
10-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Him: What's on your shirt?
Me: Oh, Ghoul, a heavy metal band
Him: I don't understand what's going on there
Me: Neither do I really, I just love the band and don't really care about the design, it's cool I guess
(short pause)
Him: I feel really sorry for you
Me: Uh?... why?
Him: Really?
Me: Yeah, really
(another short pause)
Him: Well, what's the age group for this band
(short pause, his look on his face is like "...shit")
Him: Alright then (walks away)

You should feel sorry for him.

GarageMetal468
10-10-2011, 08:09 PM
You should feel sorry for him.

That's actually what I was thinking to myself haha

metallicbrian666
10-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Dan didn't say any of that. He just said "FUCK YOU THIS IS WHO I AM, MAGGOT 4 LIFE" and then blasted Aesthetics Of Hate on his iPod as he stormed away

slapguitarer
10-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Dan didn't say any of that. He just said "FUCK YOU THIS IS WHO I AM, MAGGOT 4 LIFE" and then blasted Aesthetics Of Hate on his iPod as he stormed away

mfhmfhmfhmfh

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I think I'm done going to concerts. I just can't seem to have fun anymore, especially when I go alone. And I think music is starting to dwindle on the importance-to-my-life scale. Really going out of my way to see middle-aged dudes play instruments just seems like a strange concept to me when I'm able to stand back.

don't flame me

TonyD
10-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I feel the same way sometimes, I'm just way more selective now.

Somebody on Facebook posted this:
"There is a lack of metalcore, grindcore, and deathcore fans inthe Midwest. Shame on the Midwest."

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2011, 09:11 PM
I had to leave Devin Townsend Project early because the last bus came at 11:29 and its a 40 minute walk back. Not really worth my $15. And I'm skipping Skeletonwitch on Friday, another $15. The football game last Saturday fucked up the buses and I missed Alcest.

rage

mankvill
10-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I had to leave Devin Townsend Project early because the last bus came at 11:29 and its a 40 minute walk back. Not really worth my $15. And I'm skipping Skeletonwitch on Friday, another $15. The football game last Saturday fucked up the buses and I missed Alcest.

rage

GET A CARRRRR

jd091
10-10-2011, 09:19 PM
I think I'm done going to concerts. I just can't seem to have fun anymore, especially when I go alone. And I think music is starting to dwindle on the importance-to-my-life scale. Really going out of my way to see middle-aged dudes play instruments just seems like a strange concept to me when I'm able to stand back.

don't flame me

start going to hardcore shows. :D

GTFO CONSOLE NOOB :boxer:

TonyD
10-10-2011, 10:00 PM
There have been 3 shootings within a few blocks of the place I lived last school year since I moved now.

MPF
10-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Another REAL FAIL I caught on the internet:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313838_10150853967095459_629590458_21060511_202050 9534_n.jpg

christopher
10-10-2011, 10:10 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313838_10150853967095459_629590458_21060511_202050 9534_n.jpg

haha nice, have you been here??

Lamebook (http://www.lamebook.com/)

mankvill
10-10-2011, 10:11 PM

don't flame me

I met so many people by going to shows by myself so I always have friends at every show now. It's so fun meeting up with them there and also meeting new people at these shows. It makes me love it all so much more.

Also music is the most important thing ever!

Also also: "middle-aged dudes play instruments" I do not envy your choice in concerts to attend. ;)

mankvill
10-10-2011, 10:12 PM

So do you not know how to re-size screen caps? :lol:

MPF
10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
haha nice, have you been here??

Lamebook (http://www.lamebook.com/)

Haha oh yeah all the time. That's why I'm starting to capture the ones that I see now. They are just as good. and real. :lol:

So do you not know how to re-size screen caps? :lol:

Nope...

No seriously I don't, it's the second time that I've used the Print Screen button to capture something like this.

MPF
10-10-2011, 10:17 PM
But on the topic before my picture....

Dude, unless you are falling out of music, don't stop going to shows because you are by yourself. My favorite shows of all time (Sans Devin Townsend this past Saturday) have been when I went by myself. Sure it sucks driving there and back by yourself, But I met some of the coolest people when I'm by myself. And you don't have to worry about anyone else, just yourself.

mankvill
No seriously I don't, it's the second time that I've used the Print Screen button to capture something like this.

print screen
open MS Paint
ctrl + v
use the selection tool (looks like a rectangle made of a dotted line)
crop the screenshot
ctrl + c to copy the selected area
ctrl + n to open a new MS Paint
ctrl + v to paste new and improved and cropped picture!

:D

Maiden33

don't flame me

rage

Don't you see a strange correlation between these two posts? Don't you think that a large part of your frustration is coming from the fact that you just some really bad experiences? Concerts are just like anything else - you win some, you lose some. Trust me, I've gone through the whole "I think I'm over going to shows" thing, but if I would've given into that first instinct, I would've missed out on a few amazing shows. The trick is really just knowing what to go to and what not to. And that's not just about the bands you choose to see, but also picking shows based on who else you know is going, what venue the show is at, what city the show is in, etc, etc. Over time I've definitely started to gravitate more towards the rarer and smaller-scale shows. Also - just be sure you know all the details you can before you go. The decision to be an anal-retentive trip planner (like myself) can be the difference between a complete waste of your money and one of the best nights of your life. Also, I agree with others that going alone shouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The less I'm with my comfortable group of friends, the more likely I am to reach out and meet other people. Both of the Evergrey shows I went to I met a bunch of really, really cool people - even WITH my friends.

But if you're seriously just "growing out" of music (a concept I don't really understand, but I'll bite), there's just really nothing to consider. If you have no interest, just stop going. I just don't really buy the thought process that you have to be a musician or in the music field to enjoy going to concerts past your teenage years, or in general.

christopher
This is one of the best ones I've seen on lamebook

http://www.lamebook.com/doggon-winnin/

MPF
10-10-2011, 10:24 PM
print screen
open MS Paint
ctrl + v
use the selection tool (looks like a rectangle made of a dotted line)
crop the screenshot
ctrl + c to copy the selected area
ctrl + n to open a new MS Paint
ctrl + v to paste new and improved and cropped picture!

Just needed the last 3. thanks! :rocker:

I also made a facebook status letting people know that if they fuckup on facebook statuses or comments that I will be doing this from now on. so I gave them fair warning to delete me if they must. :D

Who'd a thunk it, it works

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313270_10150853998925459_629590458_21060699_157696 520_n.jpg

mankvill
10-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Just needed the last 3. thanks! :rocker:

I also made a facebook status letting people know that if they fuckup on facebook statuses or comments that I will be doing this from now on. so I gave them fair warning to delete me if they must. :D

Who'd a thunk it, it works

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/313270_10150853998925459_629590458_21060699_157696 520_n.jpg

oh for fucks sake :lol:

after you paste the cropped picture, click and drag the white space in MS paint so you can crop it to JUST the picture. :lol:

MPF
10-10-2011, 10:39 PM
oh for fucks sake :lol:

after you paste the cropped picture, click and drag the white space in MS paint so you can crop it to JUST the picture. :lol:

I actually like it like this. Makes it look more hackey. :D

christopher
10-10-2011, 10:51 PM

Maiden33
10-10-2011, 10:55 PM
My serious advice is going to get completely overlooked amidst all of this.... :bouville:

MPF
10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
My serious advice is going to get completely overlooked amidst all of this.... :bouville:

Sorry man. I didn't know that was going to happen.

But I agree with you totally. (A post of mine below yours on the last page will also get overlooked).

I can't see how one can lose interest in all music, but I think it just takes rediscovering what a person likes about music and using that to get back into it.

ravenheart
10-11-2011, 03:53 AM
I actually prefer going to shows alone... I hate herding other people. Means I don't have to give up a sweet viewing spot I've noticed because only one person will fit in it, don't have to wait for anyone, etc. etc. And they always want to talk during the show.

Not the case for other forms of entertainment etc., but for gigs I usually find other people a nuisance.

ChildrenofSodom
10-11-2011, 05:24 AM
I tl;dr most of that, to be honest. I knew the response I was going to get. I spend every day alone, barely talking to anyone that I encounter...the idea of paying increasing sums of money to stand in a room, in hard-to-access part of town, not talking to anyone, nodding my head along to notes coming out of a speaker just strikes me as not fun nowadays. Maybe its because the only shows in Columbus are bands that I don't know the catalog of, so I end up enjoying 30-50% of the set.

And I think I am forcing music to occupy a smaller part of my life. Last year it got pretty bad to the point where I had music on ALL the time. I had music playing every minute I was in my room (which was most of the time I wasn't in class), I had my iPod on when I was walking to class and waiting for class to start, and listened to music whenever I was in a car. Why? Ignoring for a minute the obvious anti-social elements of always listening to music in public, but I don't like the idea of constantly being "plugged in". Its all stimulation that our bodies weren't meant to deal with and extra stress I need in my life.

And that's what it boils down to: if going to concerts is creating more stress than pleasure, then I won't go anymore.

DethMaiden
10-11-2011, 06:08 AM
I tl;dr most of that, to be honest. I knew the response I was going to get. I spend every day alone, barely talking to anyone that I encounter...the idea of paying increasing sums of money to stand in a room, in hard-to-access part of town, not talking to anyone, nodding my head along to notes coming out of a speaker just strikes me as not fun nowadays. Maybe its because the only shows in Columbus are bands that I don't know the catalog of, so I end up enjoying 30-50% of the set.

And I think I am forcing music to occupy a smaller part of my life. Last year it got pretty bad to the point where I had music on ALL the time. I had music playing every minute I was in my room (which was most of the time I wasn't in class), I had my iPod on when I was walking to class and waiting for class to start, and listened to music whenever I was in a car. Why? Ignoring for a minute the obvious anti-social elements of always listening to music in public, but I don't like the idea of constantly being "plugged in". Its all stimulation that our bodies weren't meant to deal with and extra stress I need in my life.

And that's what it boils down to: if going to concerts is creating more stress than pleasure, then I won't go anymore.

Not gonna pick this apart piece by piece because I obviously I disagree almost down to the letter, but I live by the assumption that the things our "bodies weren't meant to deal with" are the things that make life worth living.

brutal_descent
10-11-2011, 06:22 AM
I actually prefer going to shows alone... I hate herding other people. Means I don't have to give up a sweet viewing spot I've noticed because only one person will fit in it, don't have to wait for anyone, etc. etc. And they always want to talk during the show.

Not the case for other forms of entertainment etc., but for gigs I usually find other people a nuisance.

Also there's the nuisance of having to argue over who gets the drumstick/pick/setlist/etc...

"But Lincoln, you get this shit at all the concerts you go to! Why can't you just give THIS one?"

BloodoftheKings
10-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Also there's the nuisance of having to argue over who gets the drumstick/pick/setlist/etc...

"But Lincoln, you get this shit at all the concerts you go to! Why can't you just give THIS one?"

:lol: One time my friend started a fight with me because a guy from a local band gave me the set. I don't think he actually gave a shit about the set but he just got mad that I kept getting everything.

ravenheart
10-11-2011, 06:45 AM

I don't have this problem because I don't care about that shit. Well, I'll nab a guitar pick when the occasion presents itself, but I don't really care.

ravenheart
10-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Its all stimulation that our bodies weren't meant to deal with and extra stress I need in my life.

Then you should probably also stop reading, watching TV, and more or less doing anything but chasing wild animals with sticks.

brutal_descent
10-11-2011, 06:49 AM
:lol: One time my friend started a fight with me because a guy from a local band gave me the set. I don't think he actually gave a shit about the set but he just got mad that I kept getting everything.

I've missed out on a Mastodon drum-stick and a Napalm Death setlist because of stupid shit like that. :mad:

ravenheart
10-11-2011, 07:04 AM
I get it with guitar picks, because most guitarists have their own ones. Some of them even change them for each tour.

But do that many drummers really have custom/signature sticks?

As for setlists, the only ones I see as worth getting are hand-written ones.

idrinkwine732
10-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Mononucleosis.

brutal_descent
10-11-2011, 07:25 AM
I get it with guitar picks, because most guitarists have their own ones. Some of them even change them for each tour.

The Mastodon stick was a custom one and the Napalm Death setlist was signed. :bouville:

Maiden33
10-11-2011, 07:34 AM

The majority of the drumsticks in my collection were custom sticks. Bobby Jarzombek, Jeff Plate, and Jason Rullo definitely have ones with their name and the band logo printed on them.

ravenheart
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
The majority of the drumsticks in my collection were custom sticks. Bobby Jarzombek, Jeff Plate, and Jason Rullo definitely have ones with their name and the band logo printed on them.

Those, I get. Assuming you can't buy the same ones.

GarageMetal468
10-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Woke up sick today :bouville:

Well at least it wasn't last week. This week I have nothing going on so I don't have to worry about trying to study and feel like shit at the same time. And I'm sure I'll be better by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

Also last night got a bit more interesting as well. On the way home I was approaching a stop light intersection and right after the light turned red a truck just ran through it. I don't think he noticed that there was a cop RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. Needless to say, the cop pulled him over. How the hell do you not notice a cop right next to you and run a red light with cameras at the intersection in the first place anyway?

xStructualDefect
10-11-2011, 07:57 AM
I once was at the point when I thought I was getting tired and bored of going to shows. This was around November or December of last year. I had seen almost every band I have ever wanted to see at that point, crowds for many shows were becoming boring, friends started backing out and becoming less interested in shows, some are busy with work, etc.

I am also very selective on shows I go to now. Back then when I was new to concerts there would be many bands I wanted to see and no matter if the lineup sucked I'd still want to go and pay just to see 1 or maybe 2 bands. Nowadays I have seen almost every band I have wanted to see, most of them multiple times (us LA people are very lucky to get as many shows as we do). So if the lineup is not that appealing to me and it's expensive, I most likely won't go. If it's a lineup that I know I will have fun at even if I'm not a fan of most of the lineup, I'll probably go, depending on ticket prices.

I have mentioned this before but the main group of friends I hang out with all the time for the most part don't listen to metal. I don't shove metal down their throats due to the fact that I know metal isn't liked by everyone. Some have heard it and say it's cool while others don't like it. Instead I go to shows with a group of friends that are 1-2 years younger than me. A few years ago they only liked and knew of mainstream metal but I have gotten them into many bands since. At The Gates, Black Dahlia Murder, Children of Bodom, and As Blood Runs Black being the most appealing to most of them. Since then they have also gotten many of their friends into metal. About 4/5ths of shows we go to we'll drink a good amount prior to the show. We always have a blast whenever we go to a show intoxicated. I hate to say it but alcohol does make shows a lot more fun to me. I'm sure most people with good experiences of doing so will agree.

Long story short I won 4 pairs of tickets to the Finntroll and Ensiferum show here in LA this past February when my friend and I already had our tickets. So I took 8 friends that don't really listen to metal and they all thought the show was a blast. Since then I sometimes take my friends to metal shows whenever they're up for it and they always have fun even if they're not exactly metal fans.

tl;dr
@ChildrenofSodom and anyone else really
In my opinion I'd say be selective on what shows you go to if you're getting tired of shows. You don't have to catch bands you like every single time they come to your hometown (unless you really like them of course and/or they rarely come to your city). Try something else out. Go to a show you know you'll have fun at based on the bands playing even if you're not a big fan of the bands. Ask your friends who don't even listen to metal if they're interested in going to a metal show with you. You'll be surprised how easy it is for non-metal fans to have so much fun at a metal show if it's a good fun crowd. Find friends who want to go to metal shows. I always found going to shows in a group is much more fun. Or maybe even pregame a bit before the show if alcohol is your thing. I don't rely on alcohol to make shows more fun, but it definitely does for the most part.

Div
10-11-2011, 10:55 AM
You know who 100% belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

agree'd

ChildrenofSodom
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Not gonna pick this apart piece by piece because I obviously I disagree almost down to the letter, but I live by the assumption that the things our "bodies weren't meant to deal with" are the things that make life worth living.

I'm not saying music in general is bad or not useful. But the constant bombardment of stimulation from screens, music, urban environmental sounds, etc etc etc, isn't a good thing. And I've become a much calmer, focused person since I unplugged a bit. Lots of people have lived fulfilling lives without a constant barrage of music and electronic entertainment; they're called everyone that ever existed before 30-50 years ago.

And I think you're becoming a hedonist, so we're obviously going to disagree. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
10-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Then you should probably also stop reading, watching TV, and more or less doing anything but chasing wild animals with sticks.

Reading/learning is actually good for you, so no on that. And I have cut down my TV/video gaming over the past few years. Just because. Again, its not the stimulation that is bad by itself. But when you're doing it ALL the time, then it becomes a problem. Over-stimulation is damaging.

On the other hand, each person can do whatever they choose and I was just sharing what I've decided to do. Don't bust my balls for it.

mankvill
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Today is a good day for me, being a Ben Folds fan.

The Best Imitation of Myself: A Retrospective - 3 discs (Career Compilation, Career Live, Unreleased/Rarities including 3 brand spankin new Ben Folds Five tracks :eek: )

And he just put up another rarities/unreleased compilation online with FIFTY-SIX TRACKS @_@

I know what I'm asking for for Christmas!

christopher
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I just went to play Apotheosis of Lucifer by Archgoat on my phone, and about 10 seconds after hitting play, I noticed a strange yet very familiar guitar solo that I could've sworn wasn't in the song. I soon realized my phone also decided to played Trapped Under Ice by Metallica at the same time and it sounded fucking cool in a weird way, but I don't think I'll ever hear that again haha

Epidemic Reign
10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I think I'm about 90% recovered from the Electric Six show last night. My voice is pretty shot. They were fucking great as expected though :party:

mankvill
10-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Coming to you live via the Steam in-game browser while play Counter-Strike :D

jd091
10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Coming to you live via the Steam in-game browser while play Counter-Strike :D

manks u should friend me :3

mankvill
10-11-2011, 04:06 PM
manks u should friend me :3

:3 add me: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com

My internet is crap and it's taking me forever to re-download my games (though for some reason I have really good latency in games) so I only have Bad Company 2, CS:S and Hearts of Iron 3 right now. Still downloading TF2 and Empire: Total War.

powerslave_85
10-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Really going out of my way to see middle-aged dudes play instruments just seems like a strange concept to me when I'm able to stand back.Listen to younger bands.

But seriously, I just can't fathom that line of thinking. Seeing my favorite bands live is just an amazing experience, about as close to religion as I ever get :lol: Maybe just try to limit your shows to only the ones you're really, really into?

And I love going to shows by myself, for all the reasons Andy mentioned. I mean, it's fun on the rare occasion that I can find someone who wants to go to the same shows I do, but I'd rather not let that limit me.

GarageMetal468
10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
ChildrenofSodom: Is Exhumed playing anywhere near your area? If so, go to that show, problem solved! Your show experience will be back to what it was before!

Dextrimental
10-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I've scaled down my shows big time in the last year. I've seen most of the bands I REALLY want to see, and due to money constraints I had to just veto shows altogether for quite some time (Rush in Dublin suffered because of this). I go now mostly for the social aspect now, having a night out with a few friends and some kick ass music.

There's still quite a few shows on my calendar early next year, but I don't just go to shows for the hell of it anymore.

evildeadjedi
10-11-2011, 09:47 PM
:3 add me: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com

My internet is crap and it's taking me forever to re-download my games (though for some reason I have really good latency in games) so I only have Bad Company 2, CS:S and Hearts of Iron 3 right now. Still downloading TF2 and Empire: Total War.

Cool added you on Steam Manks same name here.

MPF
10-11-2011, 10:18 PM
MANKS!

Just to let you know, my radio station might be moving to Kansas. I won't be but the show will be and might be played on FM radio. Just found this out about 20 minutes ago.

Just figured I should let you know. :)

mankvill
10-11-2011, 10:24 PM
MANKS!

Just to let you know, my radio station might be moving to Kansas. I won't be but the show will be and might be played on FM radio. Just found this out about 20 minutes ago.

Just figured I should let you know. :)

Awesome! Lemme know what happens! :D

MPF
10-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Awesome! Lemme know what happens! :D

Sure thing man. I won't be able to say FUCK, CUNT, and SHITTY TIT SPRINKLES anymore, but I'll still provide all the good Metal I always do.

illuminatus917
10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
but I'll still provide all the good Metal I always do.

It never hurts to throw in some Mono every once in a while.

MPF
10-11-2011, 11:27 PM
It never hurts to throw in some Mono every once in a while.

Funny you mention that...

I'm ending next week's show with Ashes In The Snow. :rocker:

There wasn't a show last week so i had 2 weeks to work on playlists. I was going to have Mono on this week but I wanted things to be a bit more varied so I put Wolves In The Throne Room Instead. but yes, next week. Mono- Ahses In The Snow.

illuminatus917
10-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Funny you mention that...

I'm ending next week's show with Ashes In The Snow. :rocker:

There wasn't a show last week so i had 2 weeks to work on playlists. I was going to have Mono on this week but I wanted things to be a bit more varied so I put Wolves In The Throne Room Instead. but yes, next week. Mono- Ahses In The Snow.

Yeah, I just noticed you mentioned it in the 'Now Playing" Thread. Mono's a great choice. Sigur Rós and perhaps ASMZ aside, Mono is as close to excellent post-rock as any band not named GY!BE.

jd091
10-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Slayer fans, take note:

http://www.vice.com/read/chunklet-to-go-go-slayer-tshirts

Actually, I think EVERYONE should read this article.

"I hate it when you see my shirt and start yelling “Slayer!” at top volume while doing a jig and directing everyone’s attention at me. Suddenly people think we're friends. We're not. I hate you. And now, thanks to you, I hate Slayer. Except when I'm alone."

"And firstly by way of lastly, we won't wear a Minor Threat shirt because we don’t want one of their straight edge fans to windmill kick us in the face for having the audacity to drink a beer. The message apparently being that violence is OK to these shitbirds as long as nobody has fun."

Speaking of smart shit, Tool is known for making innovative, cerebral, and challenging music. So how the fuck did they get the same fan base as truck nuts, rap-metal, and NASCAR? Perhaps "Prison Sex" causes nostalgia to boil in the loins of these mullet heads, longing for more hot nights in the joint with Goatlard and T-Mack.

MPF
10-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I just noticed you mentioned it in the 'Now Playing" Thread. Mono's a great choice. Sigur Rós and perhaps ASMZ aside, Mono is as close to excellent post-rock as any band not named GY!BE.

I am a huge Post Rock fan as well. This will be the first instrumental song I play for the show. But I have a ton more Post Rock coming.

With my show I can go from Pop Rock to Satanic Death Metal to Post Rock to Blues Rock. as long as it make it roughly an hour and 10 songs. I love it

ravenheart
10-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Slayer fans, take note:

http://www.vice.com/read/chunklet-to-go-go-slayer-tshirts

Actually, I think EVERYONE should read this article.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Radiohead fans, while not as likely to chase all the girls away or catch your house on fire when their methlab goes up, can be acutely tedious in extended conversation. There’s just no “short version” for these people, especially when talking music sub-genres. Be prepared to have everything you like breathlessly and/or dismissively credited to the seed of brilliance, which the benevolently godlike urethra of Thom Yorke hath planted deep within us all

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Liked the bit about Pink Floyd fans too.

Maiden33
10-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Update on my girlfriend/female friend situation: I am going out to dinner with my female friend tonight to discuss where we stand on this whole situation. That being said, I have been thinking about this almost constantly over the past few days and I think I know where I stand, what I think is best, and what I'm going to say.

illuminatus917
10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Update on my girlfriend/female friend situation: I am going out to dinner with my female friend tonight to discuss where we stand on this whole situation. That being said, I have been thinking about this almost constantly over the past few days and I think I know where I stand, what I think is best, and what I'm going to say.

Good luck with it. I've been in a similar situation before, so I can empathize.

ShatteredFlame
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM
wanna go to The Smoker's Club tour tonight but it's 8:30PM show time and numerous amount of DJ opening sets makes me nervous that I'll miss the final 12:00am shuttle.

EDIT: Going

Dextrimental
10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
http://spudmaster5000.tumblr.com/

My blog, first entry is up. It still needs some editing, but it does the job. This is more a rant I went on recently and my friends told me to start a blog because they found it interesting.. I'm not a good writer, nor do I claim to be, but yeah, check it out, I guess!

MPF
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM

Good luck man. I know you'll make the right decision. :rocker:

powerslave_85
10-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Good luck, dude! :metal:

GarageMetal468
10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Still sick, even more sick than yesterday. Fucking blows, I've been sleeping or just doing nothing all day long.

jd091
10-12-2011, 05:55 PM
http://spudmaster5000.tumblr.com/

My blog, first entry is up. It still needs some editing, but it does the job. This is more a rant I went on recently and my friends told me to start a blog because they found it interesting.. I'm not a good writer, nor do I claim to be, but yeah, check it out, I guess!

DIS SHIT IS WAY TOO DEEP FOR TUMBLR

I still followed you though. :hug:

Dextrimental
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
DIS SHIT IS WAY TOO DEEP FOR TUMBLR

I still followed you though. :hug:

Haha I know, I know, but everyone seems to be on tumblr so I figured it was a good one to choose!

I think you're my first follower, thank you! I'll try not to disappoint with my blogs and further posts and ramblings! :cool:

Maiden33
10-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Alright everyone, the verdict on my "Tale of two women" situation is as follows:

My female friend and I went to dinner tonight, and after beating around the bush for a while, discussed the situation, and realized that apparently the two of us had come to pretty much the exact same solution. That solution being that it is in everyone's best interest to put the idea of an "us" on the backburner indefinitely. We know we have a great friendship, and we know that there is some semblance of chemistry, and a shared interested in exploring it further... but that's all. It would be a very risky situation for me to rush out of my somewhat wayward current relationship (that still may have long-term potential), and her to go against her current desire to just be single for a good while... just to pursue a chance at something else, and possibly ruin our friendship in the process. It may not be the absolutely best decision, but we believe it's the smartest one and the one that works for everyone. If my current relationship were to come to an end and she's still single, we'll start dating and see where things go, but for now we're just going to continue being good friends.

Dextrimental
10-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Alright everyone, the verdict on my "Tale of two women" situation is as follows:

My female friend and I went to dinner tonight, and after beating around the bush for a while, discussed the situation, and realized that apparently the two of us had come to pretty much the exact same solution. That solution being that it is in everyone's best interest to put the idea of an "us" on the backburner indefinitely. We know we have a great friendship, and we know that there is some semblance of chemistry, and a shared interested in exploring it further... but that's all. It would be a very risky situation for me to rush out of my somewhat wayward current relationship (that still may have long-term potential), and her to go against her current desire to just be single for a good while... just to pursue a chance at something else, and possibly ruin our friendship in the process. It may not be the absolutely best decision, but we believe it's the smartest one and the one that works for everyone. If my current relationship were to come to an end and she's still single, we'll start dating and see where things go, but for now we're just going to continue being good friends.

Good to see it resolved and you're happy with the choice man!

christopher
10-13-2011, 01:11 AM
I've had one long fucking day. I woke up at 2:50am so I could be at work by 4am, after having a little more than two hours of sleep. I worked from 4am to 8am. I wasn't suppose to work today because it is against my availability for school. At 8am, I raced over to school and had classes from 9am to 3pm. I got home around 4pm from school and began homework. It is now 1:10am and I'm just finishing last lab report up. I've been awake for 22 hours straight doing work:hecho:

MPF
10-13-2011, 02:13 AM

I'm glad to hear it man. It's better to leave things how they are and see what happens.

As for me and my relationships status...yup still single. My lady friend has sadly moved back to just being a friend. She backed out of going with me to see Firewind on Wednesday, pretty bummed about that. So I'll be taking my singer from my old band Shattered once again. He totally understands and there was no hard feelings there. But yeah....back to the drawing board I guess. :(

ravenheart
10-13-2011, 02:35 AM

Meant to respond to the original post and didn't get a chance, but that's certainly not what I would have done.

Not saying going straight into dating your friend is the best thing, because that risk of losing the friendship in the process is always a mighty tricky one.

But staying in your current relationship doesn't sound like the best idea, based on your description of it a couple of days ago. Staying in any relationship basically because you don't have a more sure-thing to go to is never a good reason to stay in a relationship.

treghet
10-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Meant to respond to the original post and didn't get a chance, but that's certainly not what I would have done.

Not saying going straight into dating your friend is the best thing, because that risk of losing the friendship in the process is always a mighty tricky one.

But staying in your current relationship doesn't sound like the best idea, based on your description of it a couple of days ago. Staying in any relationship basically because you don't have a more sure-thing to go to is never a good reason to stay in a relationship.

Agreed here. If you're not content with your relationship, why are you still in it? Of course, things could work out, but from your original post you made it seem like you were ready to give up. Just saying, you might want to think about if continuing your current relationship will make your happy or end up being a burden.

ravenheart
10-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Any relationship should always be considered in isolation, on its own merits so to speak.

Whether or not to break up with the current girlfriend, and whether or not to try dating your friend, should actually be two completely separate, unrelated issues. And the combined result of breaking up with the current, and not pursuing the other, is an entirely valid outcome.

Maiden33
10-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Any relationship should always be considered in isolation, on its own merits so to speak.

Whether or not to break up with the current girlfriend, and whether or not to try dating your friend, should actually be two completely separate, unrelated issues. And the combined result of breaking up with the current, and not pursuing the other, is an entirely valid outcome.

I realize all of this, but I guess I painted my current relationship in too negative of a light in my original post. I'm not in like a doomed downward spiral here or anything. Overall I still ENJOY the relationship, quite a lot sometimes - it's just that things aren't necessarily what they were at one point, and we do have some issues. But in theory all of these issues are things that can be resolved with some work if both of us are willing to work on it. Trust me, if I was miserable, I would've broke up with my current girlfriend long before this situation came to light.

brutal_descent
10-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Just did my first legit thrash growl. Throat hurts like hell, but I'm too excited about it to care. :rocker:

mankvill
10-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Just did my first legit thrash growl. Throat hurts like hell, but I'm too excited about it to care. :rocker:

the fuck

brutal_descent
10-13-2011, 10:14 AM
the fuck

Well, before the extent of my singing abilities (metal-wise) were whisper-level "death" growls, but I just realized today that I wasn't using the right part of my throat.

mankvill
10-13-2011, 11:14 AM
I sincerely apologize to Logan (the actual Logan) for screaming at his friends on his facebook status.

But I gotta when people start saying how good and amazing dubstep is and how all metal sounds the same.

GarageMetal468
10-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I sincerely apologize to Logan (the actual Logan) for screaming at his friends on his facebook status.

But I gotta when people start saying how good and amazing dubstep is and how all metal sounds the same.

:wallbang:

powerslave_85
10-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Glad it worked out. For what it's worth, I think that was the right call.

Dextrimental
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM

If it hurts, you're still not doing it right, least not completely..!

inb4 thats what she said

jd091
10-13-2011, 02:56 PM

inb4 thats what she said

That's what HE said!

THIS THREAD JUST GOT DIVERSIFIED

metallicbrian666
10-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Indeed.

Diaphragm or gtfo

xStructualDefect
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Eh who cares. Let people have bad taste in music.

El Gordo
10-13-2011, 03:17 PM

inb4 thats what she said

That's true. It's more about using your stomach than your throat.

jd091
10-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Eh who cares. Let people have bad taste in music.

This! The ultimate sign of being an IMN is actually caring about the music other kiddies listen to.

Dextrimental
10-13-2011, 03:43 PM
That's true. It's more about using your stomach than your throat.

More or less. There's actually not a lot of throat action involved. I'm not sure of the exact biology, a couple of years ago I was getting quite good at growling and knew a lot about it, but I've fallen out of practice and forgotten a lot of what I knew, but yeah, it's something that's very easy, and very harmful, to do wrong.

xStructualDefect
10-13-2011, 03:55 PM
This! The ultimate sign of being an IMN is actually caring about the music other kiddies listen to.

IMN = internet metal nerd?

Yeah I used to care and get annoyed easily when it came to that but now I don't care at all. It's like if a 15 year old told one of you that Asking Alexandria is better than Iron Maiden. I'm sure many people would get their panties in a bunch or at least get a bit irritated but why waste your time getting mad at what people listen to? Let them have shitty/different music tastes.

El Gordo
10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
More or less. There's actually not a lot of throat action involved. I'm not sure of the exact biology, a couple of years ago I was getting quite good at growling and knew a lot about it, but I've fallen out of practice and forgotten a lot of what I knew, but yeah, it's something that's very easy, and very harmful, to do wrong.

I'm not sure about the biology of it either, all I know is I did death vocals in my band for about 8 years, and at first it hurt like hell and sounded like shit because I was doing it wrong. Belting it out from your stomach and more or less just opening your throat is the only way to do it. I have a hell of a lot of respect for guys who do it for a living, and do it well. The idiots who say it takes no talent or skill have simply never tried it.

Dextrimental
10-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure about the biology of it either, all I know is I did death vocals in my band for about 8 years, and at first it hurt like hell and sounded like shit because I was doing it wrong. Belting it out from your stomach and more or less just opening your throat is the only way to do it. I have a hell of a lot of respect for guys who do it for a living, and do it well. The idiots who say it takes no talent or skill have simply never tried it.

I was just doing backing vocals for a cover band me and a few friends had going, it was good fun but I went through the same thing, learning how to do it properly so I wasn't out of action after every jam with my throat. That's exactly it, and it doesn't take a genius to hear the difference between Randy Blythe and George Fisher, there's genuine skill and range in growling, like any form of vocals.

OraclesofAgony
10-13-2011, 10:36 PM
I wish I could do death growls. I growl pretty good without even thinking about it when I'm at shows but then my throat is usually fucked up the next day. :lol:

jd091
10-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Just gonna put this out here:

http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/wp-content/uploads/Good-guy-greg.jpg

MPF
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
So yeah....

I'm interviewing Fair To Midland and Dead Letter Circus December 13th...

mankvill
10-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Just gonna put this out here:

http://www.stuffyouwillhate.com/wp-content/uploads/Good-guy-greg.jpg

But dubstep "artists" aren't good at what they do! Neither are deathcore bands :D

El Gordo
10-14-2011, 04:09 PM
So yeah....

I'm interviewing Fair To Midland and Dead Letter Circus December 13th...

I don't know what that means.

MPF
10-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't know what that means.

I host a radio show. I got an offer to interview Fair To Midland and Dead Letter Circus when they come to Minnesota December 13th.

I couldn't possibly be happier right now.

El Gordo
10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I host a radio show. I got an offer to interview Fair To Midland and Dead Letter Circus when they come to Minnesota December 13th.

I couldn't possibly be happier right now.

:lol: I'm aware of that. I've honestly never heard of either of those bands. Just being a shithead.

BloodoftheKings
10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
:lol: I'm aware of that. I've honestly never heard of either of those bands. Just being a shithead.

Fair to Midland is definitely worth checking out.

jd091
10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Fair to Midland is definitely worth checking out.

Very "meh" on record to me actually, but they're AWESOME live. Can't wait to see 'em again this year.

DethMaiden
10-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Got a promo copy of the Dead Letter Circus album and thought it was pathetic. Strange that Coheed has become influential enough to have third-tier knockoffs already.

MPF
10-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Fair To Midland:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3HwZbKAlo

Dead Letter Circus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPqjkle6U8&feature=relmfu

christopher
10-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Jack Gibson(Exodus) has a new bluegrass band called Coffin Hunter. He is a pretty good banjo player. I just found out they are playing about 10 minutes from my house tomorrow night, but I already have plans for my bday party and all my friends worked their asses off to get tomorrow night off. Oh well, CH will be back.

mankvill
10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Got a promo copy of the Dead Letter Circus album and thought it was pathetic. Strange that Coheed has become influential enough to have third-tier knockoffs already.

Reminds me: Peaceville sent me a promo of My Dying Bride's new album. Just randomly. :lol:

MPF
10-14-2011, 05:46 PM

You and I are VERY different people.

MPF
10-14-2011, 08:18 PM
So my day went from fucking amazing to shitty. The girl I was going after decided to get back together with her ex...... That's 3/3 for me where this outcome has happened this year.

Luckily the new Junius and Falloch leaked so hopefully those will cheep me up tonight. :(

ChildrenofSodom
10-14-2011, 08:24 PM
The waitress tonight wished me a happy early sweetest day.

FOREVER ALONE OH MY GOD SOB

jk, just drunk

MPF
10-15-2011, 12:36 AM
MANKS!

Ever hear of KJAG radio in Kansas? If so, is it any good? Apparently sometime next year my show will be on there along with W3rd Radio programming.

mastodon421
10-15-2011, 04:44 AM
Skeletonwitch posted my review of Forever Abnomination on their Facebook page. Easily just had the biggest fanboy moment of my entire life.

ravenheart
10-15-2011, 08:20 AM

I got that too. Binned it.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Lil B samples Metallica in a song on his new mixtape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XEftUyP3IH0

dcmetal108
10-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Skeletonwitch posted my review of Forever Abnomination on their Facebook page. Easily just had the biggest fanboy moment of my entire life.

Link?

ChildrenofSodom
10-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm applying to a sweet program for summer 2012. Its for college juniors that are interested in attending public policy graduate school. There are 5 locations, but I'm interested in 3: Michigan, Carnegie Melon, and Princeton. If you are accepted to the program, you get free tuition, materials, housing, food, and a stipend. The only stipulation is you have to attend and graduate from one of the schools in the consortium. It includes all of the best public policy schools, like Harvard, Indiana, Chicago, American, etc, etc. All of the schools I would apply to anyway are on that list.

If I attend the session at Michigan, and then choose to get my degree there, I am elegible to compete for a full-tuition scholarship. And if I go to and then attend Carnegie Melon, I'm guaranteed half-tuition, eligible for up to full-tuition.

I'm super excited, to say the least. If I don't get accepted, I'm going to try to study at the London School of Economics for 3-6 weeks in the summer.

mankvill
10-15-2011, 04:24 PM
MANKS!

Ever hear of KJAG radio in Kansas? If so, is it any good? Apparently sometime next year my show will be on there along with W3rd Radio programming.

boooo, western kansas.

Dextrimental
10-15-2011, 08:02 PM
I got that too. Binned it.

What a waste, I would have gladly paid postage to have that!

mankvill
10-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Waiting for Troglodyte to play, then for Ghoul to play, then to get cuddles from my ladyfriend :3

Wizzbang11
10-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Waiting for Troglodyte to play, then for Ghoul to play, then to get cuddles from my ladyfriend :3

dont rape

MPF
10-15-2011, 09:24 PM
boooo, western kansas.

So it won't be on near you?

mankvill
10-15-2011, 09:32 PM
So it won't be on near you?

I looked it up and it said Salina, so I dunno :'( you'd be on in wichita so people will listen at least

MPF
10-15-2011, 09:36 PM
I looked it up and it said Salina, so I dunno :'( you'd be on in wichita so people will listen at least

I guess that's cool and all. Would have been cool for someone here to be able to hear it on FM.

DethMaiden
10-16-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm applying to a sweet program for summer 2012. Its for college juniors that are interested in attending public policy graduate school. There are 5 locations, but I'm interested in 3: Michigan, Carnegie Melon, and Princeton. If you are accepted to the program, you get free tuition, materials, housing, food, and a stipend. The only stipulation is you have to attend and graduate from one of the schools in the consortium. It includes all of the best public policy schools, like Harvard, Indiana, Chicago, American, etc, etc. All of the schools I would apply to anyway are on that list.

If I attend the session at Michigan, and then choose to get my degree there, I am elegible to compete for a full-tuition scholarship. And if I go to and then attend Carnegie Melon, I'm guaranteed half-tuition, eligible for up to full-tuition.

I'm super excited, to say the least. If I don't get accepted, I'm going to try to study at the London School of Economics for 3-6 weeks in the summer.

Good luck, man! That sounds awesome. Go to IU!

christopher
10-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I haven't been hungover in a long ass time. I currently feeling like my head is going to explode from all the beer and whiskey I had last night. Time to sleep all day :sick:

DethMaiden
10-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I haven't been hungover in a long ass time. I currently feeling like my head is going to explode from all the beer and whiskey I had last night. Time to sleep all day :sick:

Yeah, I'm hungover as balls. Bottle of mead, vodka double shot and three beers including a bizarre, delicious imperial black IPA. Not feeling amazing right now, though.

illuminatus917
10-16-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm applying for a Critical Language Scholarship to study Arabic in either Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, or Oman for 7-10 weeks this summer. All expenses paid... even a weekend trip up to D.C.!

Dextrimental
10-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Hungover and sleep deprived. I'm not sleeping well at all these last few days!

christopher
10-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I'm hungover as balls. Bottle of mead, vodka double shot and three beers including a bizarre, delicious imperial black IPA. Not feeling amazing right now, though.

Sounds like a fun night. What did you do? I lost count of what I had. Something like 5 glasses of Jameson on the rocks and there was more than a shot in each, then at least 10 beers. I'm going to go get myself some fatty food to cure myself:hecho:

brutal_descent
10-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Misery Cloud
I Declare War
I Declare War

For anyone interested (:ass:), this is solid new deathcore. I wasn't a fan of their first album, but I'm diggin' this one so far.

Wrong thread?

jd091
10-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Wrong thread?

Aw fuck, you're right. Sorry there.

DethMaiden
10-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Sounds like a fun night. What did you do? I lost count of what I had. Something like 5 glasses of Jameson on the rocks and there was more than a shot in each, then at least 10 beers. I'm going to go get myself some fatty food to cure myself:hecho:

Went over to a friend's place and watched shitty movies, about four or five of us. We were waiting for my girlfriend to get over there but we started too early and I was piss drunk by the time she showed up. :lol:

Feelin' you on the fatty food. I had chicken wings and soaked most of it up. ;)

Dextrimental
10-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Used to love fatty food after a night out, but recently I'm more of a fruit fan, apples and bananas, liter of milk, great hangover cure!

xStructualDefect
10-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Drinking water as the first thing you do when you wake up is a great way to avoid hangovers. Whenever I wake up buzzed or drunk I'll have a few cups of water and I eventually sober up. I've only had 1 hangover this year, and that was because I mixed Four Loko with Jack Daniels, and beer. Four Lokos always make me feel like shit later.

daimonos
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Surprisingly, I felt completely ok this morning after my 5 night drinking binge. I wasn't hungover at all, I just kind of felt like I could drop dead at any moment :lol:

TonyD
10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Drinking water as the first thing you do when you wake up is a great way to avoid hangovers. Whenever I wake up buzzed or drunk I'll have a few cups of water and I eventually sober up. I've only had 1 hangover this year, and that was because I mixed Four Loko with Jack Daniels, and beer. Four Lokos always make me feel like shit later.

I've been more of a fan of drinking water for half an hour before you pass out.

daimonos
10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I've been more of a fan of drinking water for half an hour before you pass out.

Yup. That way you're already hydrated when you wake up, and you end up being less hungover. The only problem is that I can't always manage to get water before I pass out though :lol:

masterguy49
10-16-2011, 04:21 PM
I've never gotten hungover....

daimonos
10-16-2011, 04:23 PM

It'll hit you one day, don't worry.

JRA
10-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Pour yourself two party cups of 50% Kool-Aid and 50% vodka. And don't expect to drive home until after 4 PM.

mankvill
10-16-2011, 04:25 PM

Same.

And I feel like I never will. ;)

masterguy49
10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
It'll hit you one day, don't worry.
For some reason, I kinda want to have a hangover, just to know how it feels like :lol:

Pour yourself two party cups of 50% Kool-Aid and 50% vodka. And don't expect to drive home until after 4 PM.
I dont drive! But I'll try that on New Years, if I don't get hungover I will slap you :nag:

Same.

Someone like me :lovedup:

JRA
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I dont drive! But I'll try that on New Years, if I don't get hungover I will slap you :nag:

If you don't get hungover, I'll slap you.

masterguy49
If you don't get hungover, I'll slap you.

Fair enough :lol:

jd091
HOLY SHIT. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ny-POamiHf0)

I am very, very pumped to see The Chariot now. At the Bottom Lounge!

MPF
10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
My last 24 hours:

Had band practice
Feel asleep during our break
Watched Arnold Movies on Spike with my bassist
Was told my house was being auctioned December 9th (Too long and personal story about that, go to my facebook for more info)
Went to a party where I got cock-blocked by a mom and received the funniest text message I ever got "No sex tonight, mom's rules" (She is over 18 don't worry kids)
Found my savior, if all goes right.
I will be owning my house by January 2013

ShatteredFlame
10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Same.

yeah, my anxiety disorder has affected me in the eating department the most. It takes me forever to finish any meal because if I rush, odds are high that I am incredibly nervous and will probably vomit. Stuff like binge drinking or taking shots actually scares me because I know I would vomit whether I'm hungover or not.

JRA
10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Did Cosmo post the rest of his song by song breakdown of and Justice For All in some super secret location, or are Invisible Oranges just being forgetful dicks?

ChildrenofSodom
10-16-2011, 07:00 PM
I went to the casino last night. I was gifted 60 bucks to play with, blew through that. Got another 20 and then played the $5 slots. I won $160. And then pissed it away haha. The two beers, shot of Jack, shot of tequila, and 3 amaretto sours really affected my judgment.

Had fun though.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Recently discovered Brand New. Really hooked - fifty scrobbles on Last.fm in the last two days. :lovedup:

jd091
10-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Recently discovered Brand New. Really hooked - fifty scrobbles on Last.fm in the last two days. :lovedup:

:dance:

Currently hooked on Title Fight. Can't fucking wait to see them next week.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 10:00 AM
:dance:

Currently hooked on Title Fight. Can't fucking wait to see them next week.

Meh, Title Fight - not so much. La Dispute is more my thing than TF. But man, I'm fucking obsessed with Brand New. I've learned like eight songs on guitar already of theirs. Their lyrics are super angsty, but some of them ("The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot", "Jesus Christ", "Degauller") are brilliant.

BloodoftheKings
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM

It always seems weird to me when I remember how famous Brand New is. Jesse Lacey was at my cousin's graduation party a couple months ago, and I watch football with his little brother from time to time.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:17 PM
It always seems weird to me when I remember how famous Brand New is. Jesse Lacey was at my cousin's graduation party a couple months ago, and I watch football with his little brother from time to time.

That's awesome! How do you guys know him?

BloodoftheKings
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
That's awesome! How do you guys know him?

Before he got famous he lived next door to my cousins.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Before he got famous he lived next door to my cousins.

Wow, that's hella cool.

illuminatus917
10-17-2011, 12:27 PM

Noro is honestly the only song they've done that I like.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Noro is honestly the only song they've done that I like.

I think I've listened to "Jesus Christ" so many times that it's become one of my favorite songs. "Degualler", "Millstone", "Not the Sun", "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot", "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad", "The Quiet Things No One Ever Knows", and "You Won't Know" are some other favorites of mine too.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah, Brand New is good shit. Only have The Devil and God but it's pretty sweet :fist:

It's definitely my favorite Brand New album, but Deja Entendu is pretty good too. Much more angsty lyric-wise, though.

powerslave_85
10-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Brand New are fucking great.

jd091
10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Shit. I'm sitting here at Reggies at the Bane show. The doors didn't open until 5:30 (half an hour late). It's 5:34 right now. I saw a paper with the bands time on it, and the first opener isn't supposed to be on until 6:45.

That's over an hour of me sitting here. This can't be right! NOOOO!

EDIT: I took a closer look at the times, and it didnt have Defeater listed. :( Maybe that's why it's getting pushed back? But then, they have Defeater merch set up, so what's with that? Confused. My iPhone is gonna die before this concert even begins.

MPF
10-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Apparently E1 records (Overkill, Powerglove, Bush, etc) is interested in W3rd Radio as well.........HOLY FUCK!!!!

DethMaiden
10-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Q: Who has the best girlfriend in the world?
A: Brad Sanders

Q: Why?
A: She's currently trying to get him plane tickets to see Fucked Up play all of "David Comes to Life" in New York City for his birthday.

mankvill
10-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Q: Who has the best girlfriend in the world?
A: Brad Sanders

Q: Why?
A: She's currently trying to get him plane tickets to see Fucked Up play all of "David Comes to Life" in New York City for his birthday.

why is she punishing you like that

*high five*

Dextrimental
10-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Dexter season 4, just finished the first episode.. holy fucking SHIT...

MPF
10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
So umm, yeah.... About what I posted a couple posts ago....It looks like I might be somewhat famous in 2012.... Can't get into more details then that right now but holy fucking shit!!!

Sanitarium78
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM

You might wanna save that "holy fuckin shit" until the end of the season.

Seriously, the season is that fuckin good.

jd091
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
So umm, yeah.... About what I posted a couple posts ago....It looks like I might be somewhat famous in 2012.... Can't get into more details then that right now but holy fucking shit!!!

Porn? ;)

jd091
10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Oh god, I'm waiting for Bane to get on the stage and they're playing Agalloch on the PA. This is so amazingly unfitting. :lol:

MPF
10-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Porn? ;)

It might as well be, with all the bands they have attached to their music label. And drummers know how to bang. :tongue:

It'll be a few weeks before things get finalized and worked out, but this quite possibly be the biggest thing to ever happen for me in LIFE. They are also the reason that I'm interviewing Fair To Midland in December.

I'll post details as soon as I get them.

christopher
10-17-2011, 07:05 PM
About to head out to get my friends and go to LA for Steel Panther. I'm going to get fucked up tonight :D

GarageMetal468
10-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Damn it's been a brutal day. I've been running on 4 hours of sleep and recovering from Immolation last night. Basically, my neck fucking hurts. Immolation always makes it worthwhile, though.

I'm gonna pass out soon. It's gonna be a hell of a week ahead. Got an internship fair tomorrow at my school and an job fair the next day, and then Devin Townsend that night as well!

ShatteredFlame
10-17-2011, 08:01 PM

damn I'm only like 3 episodes from finishing season 2 (up to the one that ends with Dexter and Doakes fighting and everything seems fucked). What I don't like about this season is that I just know Dexter won't be caught just for the fact that there are 4 seasons after, ruins the experience.

Dextrimental
10-17-2011, 08:07 PM
damn I'm only like 3 episodes from finishing season 2 (up to the one that ends with Dexter and Doakes fighting and everything seems fucked). What I don't like about this season is that I just know Dexter won't be caught just for the fact that there are 4 seasons after, ruins the experience.

I see what you mean, but its not the end result with Dexter, its how that end result is achieved that's the important part with that show. I'm two episodes into season 4, and it makes the entire journey to this point worth it, amazing television.

MPF
10-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Joey Eppard and 3 shared my DJ page on Facebook. I'm playing them tomorrow night. Again I'm trying not to jizz my pants. :)

treghet
10-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Some of the stuff I come across on Facebook. Odd Future fans.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/02b9b162193c4f2152c8026f6fe68945.jpg

MPF
10-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Some of the stuff I come across on Facebook. Odd Future fans.

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/02b9b162193c4f2152c8026f6fe68945.jpg

I totally understand why I'm not cool now. I'll never do this.

MPF
10-18-2011, 01:12 AM
A preteen boy by the name Magson13 just hit on me sexually on the Donkey Punch thread....

I feel violated. I need an of age woman STAT!

Epidemic Reign
10-18-2011, 01:55 AM
A preteen boy by the name Magson13 just hit on me sexually on the Donkey Punch thread....

I feel violated. I need an of age woman STAT!

*throws a myriad of 26-year-old Brokencyde fans at you*

Satiate yourself, brotha!

MPF
10-18-2011, 02:00 AM
*throws a myriad of 26-year-old Brokencyde fans at you*

Satiate yourself, brotha!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I'll play some Behemoth while it happens so get rid of the shame of being a Brokencyde fan and she can like real music.

christopher
10-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Had a great time celebrating my 22nd birthday at the Steel Panther show tonight!! I'll post a review soon.

MPF
10-18-2011, 02:18 AM
Had a great time celebrating my 22nd birthday at the Steel Panther show tonight!! I'll post a review soon.

There is no better way to celebrate a birthday then with Steel Panther.

I always thought you were older then me. I guess I'm a year older then you. :)

christopher
10-18-2011, 02:22 AM
There is no better way to celebrate a birthday then with Steel Panther.

I always thought you were older then me. I guess I'm a year older then you. :)

It was awesome. Saw some nice titties and had some good laughs. I really didn't get as messed up as I would have liked to on my bday, but w/e. How old did you think I was? haha

MPF
10-18-2011, 02:26 AM
It was awesome. Saw some nice titties and had some good laughs. I really didn't get as messed up as I would have liked to on my bday, but w/e. How old did you think I was? haha

Titties can never be a bad thing, only makes things better. :D

I thought you were like 24/25, mainly because you know of so many damn good bands that people need to hear.

Also, Happy Late Birthday!

christopher
10-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Titties can never be a bad thing, only makes things better. :D

I thought you were like 24/25, mainly because you know of so many damn good bands that people need to hear.

Also, Happy Late Birthday!

Titties are always a great thing :D

Thanks for the birthday wish and the compliment! There are soo many bands I keep trying to get people on here into, but no one seems to listen to me:bouville: I think I've whored myself out to Goddamn Gallows and Attention Deficit Domination a little too much :lol:

MPF
10-18-2011, 02:52 AM
Titties are always a great thing :D

Thanks for the birthday wish and the compliment! There are soo many bands I keep trying to get people on here into, but no one seems to listen to me:bouville: I think I've whored myself out to Goddamn Gallows and Attention Deficit Domination a little too much :lol:

The only thing that sucks is all the bands you reccommend never come to Minnesota. :lol:

christopher
10-18-2011, 02:56 AM
The only thing that sucks is all the bands you reccommend never come to Minnesota. :lol:

Hmm I'll find something for you to check out. It seriously feels like I always see the bands I like most playing over in MN a lot more than CA. Of course I look up some tour dates and nothing is over there at the moment :lol:

Edit: oh what about Hank III and Attention Deficit Domination

Nov 29
First Avenue
Minneapolis MN

IrritatedTrout
10-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Dude if she deleted you from Facebook after you gave her something then there's gotta be more to the story than you're telling us.:lol:

Did she ask you to burn her a CD? What kind of music did she ask for? Baroness is pretty heavy if this chick listens to pop music or something.

illuminatus917
10-18-2011, 11:16 AM
She said "anything but country." Looking at her pictures she looked like someone who was into indie and maybe even some punk, so I didn't totally shy away from edgy shit.

Whenever I mix CD's for chicks, I always put Born Again by Overmars and some Immortal on it.

MPF
10-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Hmm I'll find something for you to check out. It seriously feels like I always see the bands I like most playing over in MN a lot more than CA. Of course I look up some tour dates and nothing is over there at the moment :lol:

Edit: oh what about Hank III and Attention Deficit Domination

Nov 29
First Avenue
Minneapolis MN

Ooooooooh nice!

masterguy49
10-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Also, you guys should check out this funny article I wrote on dubstep for the humor paper on campus! http://www.uvm.edu/~watertwr/PDF/WT-website-2011-10-18.pdf Constructive criticism welcomed :)
Constructive Criticism: Get laid
:lol: But it all seriousness that was pretty entertaining and you automatically win for Big Libowski reference.