PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part V

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

christopher
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm definitely not going anywhere :D

street_burial
01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm also going to lunch with RAZOR tomorrow.

http://www.politician.ewebsite.com/img/mid/13/george-bush-middle-finger.jpg

RAZOR
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm also going to lunch with RAZOR tomorrow.

:D! PIZZAAAAA!

Also, for the record, I'm staying. :party:

moobys37
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
:D! PIZZAAAAA!

Also, for the record, I'm staying. :party:

We need to take photos, post them in the post pictures of yourself thread, and make everyone jealous.

xStructualDefect
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Bummer to see 3 members who post often leave. Take care guys.

I don't see myself leaving any time soon to be honest. I've left once for a little over half a year but this a good forum even if I don't agree with what everyone says often.

RAZOR
01-08-2012, 10:29 PM
We need to take photos, post them in the post pictures of yourself thread, and make everyone jealous.

Oh we definitely do. :cool:

jd091
01-08-2012, 10:32 PM
All right, so I wasn't gonna say anything originally because I don't want to seem like an attention whore, but since I deactivated my facebook, I don't want anyone thinking I died or anything.

I'll try to keep it brief. My first semester of college was less than satisfactory, I guess. I've had pretty bad social anxiety and some depression for most of my life, but once I entered college it all hit me how much my situation sucked. Most days I was wallowing in my own misery, I didn't really have any good friends to hang out with, I rarely felt motivation to even study or do work. Of course, you guys probably could've figured that out anyway by the recent influx of posts by me in this thread.

This semester, it's gonna be different. I've finally accepted that I can't live like this forever, I gotta get my life together. I need to feel good about myself. I'm gonna start working out every day and my classes are gonna become first priority. I'm gonna become a confident motherfucker. To make sure I don't get distracted, I've blocked this site and I've deactivated my facebook. Both sites bring me stress anyway. I'm sure I'll be back here though...eventually. If any of you wanna keep in touch my e-mail's bbraunst@uvm.edu

Hopefully when you guys see me next I'll be in a better state of mind. I'm also really sorry I lash out at people here so often - I know you guys like me, but there's no doubt I am the site laughingstock, and I get that. I bring it on myself. Not only do I have to get my self-esteem, I gotta grow up a little.

Anyway...see ya.

edit: goddamitt, I have to say my site farewell as everyone else is leaving :lol:
:hug:

Good luck man! I'll keep in contact.

llama lom
01-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Damn three great guys leaving in one day?

Good luck guys!

jd091
01-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Damn three great guys leaving in one day?

Good luck guys!

Well, Jeff will be back. That's inevitable.

christopher
01-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Well, Jeff will be back. That's inevitable.

They'll all be back

Sepultura69
01-09-2012, 12:02 AM
They'll all be back

Like the Terminator. :hmm:

elturtleboy
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm leaving this site cause I'm a bum and don't go to skool or have a job and freeload of my Dad and his bitch. And also cause none of you guys like Anal Cunt or Paul Di'Anno. And cause most of you like pop punk ( one mofo even loves Everytime i cry)and I've Met Treghet in real life and his haircut is silly. So goodbye cholos.

Nah jk.

mankvill
01-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I'm leaving this site cause I'm a bum and don't go to skool or have a job and freeload of my Dad and his bitch. And also cause none of you guys like Anal Cunt or Paul Di'Anno. And cause most of you like pop punk ( one mofo even loves Everytime i cry)and I've Met Treghet in real life and his haircut is silly. So goodbye cholos.

Nah jk.

This was all believable except the part about pop punk. No one hates pop punk!

jd091
01-09-2012, 12:12 AM
( one mofo even loves Everytime i cry)

Name any frontman, and I'll argue that Keith Buckley is a greater writer than him/her. ;)

Sepultura69
01-09-2012, 12:20 AM
This was all believable except the part about pop punk. No one hates pop punk!

I believed everything up until the silly hair cut segment.

EDIT: So, were you joking about being a bum who mooches off his dads expenses or were you joking about leaving ;)

brutal_descent
01-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I'll be staying. :lovedup:

Ben, Brad, I'll be sure to keep up with you on Facebook! Good luck with your future endeavors! :hug:

elturtleboy
01-09-2012, 12:37 AM
I believed everything up until the silly hair cut segment.

EDIT: So, were you joking about being a bum who mooches off his dads expenses or were you joking about leaving ;)

Both! But Im starting skool soon, and I'm still looking for a job. And its rare he lets me borrow money :p

elturtleboy
01-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Name any frontman, and I'll argue that Keith Buckley is a greater writer than him/her. ;)

I can name a billion.

christopher
01-09-2012, 12:40 AM

Dio...you lost ;)

SomewhereInTime72
01-09-2012, 12:49 AM
i am leaving this site

for the night see you all soon

christopher
01-09-2012, 12:55 AM
i am leaving this site

for the night see you all soon

:lol: good night! I'll announce my departure soon.

Sepultura69
01-09-2012, 02:10 AM
This is also my last post.... :hmm:

Of the night. :dance:

Guh Night folks. :D

MPF
01-09-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm not going anywhere....

....unless nobody posts then I might go to bed.

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 02:40 AM
No one hates pop punk!

Hi, have we met?

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 02:46 AM
It's hilarious that some people take all this so seriously. "Time to move on," and all that. Like some life-affirming relationship has come to an end or something. Get a grip people.

Not that I didn't see this coming.

Epidemic Reign
01-09-2012, 03:00 AM
It's hilarious that some people take all this so seriously. "Time to move on," and all that. Like some life-affirming relationship has come to an end or something. Get a grip people.

Yes. Same goes for the people who complain about the quality of the community deteriorating and get frustrated when people don't take everything so seriously. Granted there are lines that shouldn't be crossed, but still. This is an internet forum. Nobody's serving their purpose in life here :lol:

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Same goes for the people who complain about the quality of the community deteriorating

They're not entirely wrong about that. They just care too much about it.

Dextrimental
01-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Well that a nice thing to see for lunch, 3 regular posters leaving :lol:

May as well make it official, I'm staying! I enjoy this site far too much to leave, most of the music I get exposed to and can openly discuss here NOONE likes in my friend circle, so for my own sanity I sort of need this place!

Anyway, on topic, gonna clean out and sort out my room today, its still got a lot of clutter from the move, and with a recording studio being moved in in the coming months, along with work out equipment, I gotta give this place a once over!

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Anyway, on topic, gonna clean out and sort out my room today, its still got a lot of clutter from the move, and with a recording studio being moved in in the coming months, along with work out equipment, I gotta give this place a once over!

How the fuck does all of that fit in one room?

Dextrimental
01-09-2012, 05:33 AM
How the fuck does all of that fit in one room?

Well, the work out equipment is essentially just weights, the studio part will be the more space consuming as I add to it.. I have it measured up, I have just enough space for what I want to do, and once I'm done, it'll be quite a nice little set up!

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 05:39 AM
You live in the banquet room of a stately home, don't you? ;)

Dextrimental
01-09-2012, 05:46 AM
You live in the banquet room of a stately home, don't you? ;)

How'd ya guess? ;)

My home at the moment is about the size of a stately home's dog house :lol:

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 05:48 AM
My home at the moment is about the size of a stately home's dog house :lol:

:eek: :drool:

;)

BloodoftheKings
01-09-2012, 05:48 AM

Not that I didn't see this coming.

This x 1000

Natrlhi
01-09-2012, 07:56 AM
You'll be back.:lol: I was thinking about posting this, but I was afraid that the more of us say it, the longer he'll stay away. I think he'll return eventually, but I think it will be a long while. He'll probably lurk here from time to time, as I expect Jeff will as well.

I think Jeff may return from time to time, but I suspect that he has been losing interest in this forum in general for a long time because of the difference in musical taste between himself and the majority of the members, and the increasing amount of stuff going on around here besides music that just isn't that interesting and is sometimes even a little off-putting. By the way, I'll admit that both of these things are genuinely annoying, but if it were me I would just ignore them and focus on the aspects of this forum that I do enjoy, which is precisely what I do. I'm not gonna leave over it.

Ben, on the other hand - I actually hope he stays away for a while...both from posting and from lurking. This place was clearly a negative distraction for him in many ways, and I hope he's able to re-focus his energy and get his life back on track. Afterward, I hope he returns better than ever (and I suspect he will). :fist:

moobys37
01-09-2012, 08:13 AM
:lol: I was thinking about posting this, but I was afraid that the more of us say it, the longer he'll stay away. I think he'll return eventually, but I think it will be a long while. He'll probably lurk here from time to time, as I expect Jeff will as well.

I think Jeff may return from time to time, but I suspect that he has been losing interest in this forum in general for a long time because of the difference in musical taste between himself and the majority of the members, and the increasing amount of stuff going on around here besides music that just isn't that interesting and is sometimes even a little off-putting. By the way, I'll admit that both of these things are genuinely annoying, but if it were me I would just ignore them and focus on the aspects of this forum that I do enjoy, which is precisely what I do. I'm not gonna leave over it.

Ben, on the other hand - I actually hope he stays away for a while...both from posting and from lurking. This place was clearly a negative distraction for him in many ways, and I hope he's able to re-focus his energy and get his life back on track. Afterward, I hope he returns better than ever (and I suspect he will). :fist:

Every single word of this is exactly how I feel. Ben's got a lot to work on and I wish him nothing but the best. When he comes back, I say we throw him a big welcome back party.

But what am I doing? I'm about to go to lunch with my friend RAZOR! :rocker:

GarageMetal468
01-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Damn, what the hell did I miss? I know Brad was leaving this forum because of school but Jeff and Ben too? Well I guess Jeff has his reasons, I don't know a lot about him though. But seeing Ben's message, I think he's off to a good start. I've actually been talking with him about how to better his life since it seems that he's in the same position I was about 2-3 years ago. I don't want people to go through that shit, it's pointless and incredibly stupid. All I hope is that he quit smoking while he could, once you get addicted, it's downhill from there.

Well even though they can't see it now, best of luck to those 3 and whatever they may do in the future.

ravenheart
01-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Well I guess Jeff has his reasons, I don't know a lot about him though.

His reasons are pretty much the same as they've been for the last two-three years. He has in fact said he's going to leave several times before, then stayed. It became a running joke amongst the rest of us. He didn't see the funny side ;)

He basically only really likes certain styles of metal, and they're not the ones which are predmoninant amongst most of the rest of the people here (apart from a couple of others with the same tastes, and people like me who like some of nearly everything that mankvill doesn't like ;)). So he either finds himself disagreeing with everyone, or having no interest in what's being discussed.

makethemsuffer12
01-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Apparently a new Cannibal Corpse song leaked, but was taken down from Youtube already. :bouville:

EDIT:http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/cannibal-corpse

GarageMetal468
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Apparently a new Cannibal Corpse song leaked, but was taken down from Youtube already. :bouville:

EDIT:http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/cannibal-corpse

:eek:

THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME

ChildrenofSodom
01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
I think Ben should see a doctor. Bad shit happening in one's life can be a big contributing factor of depression, but there is also a chemical/hormonal element to it. I wish him the best.

Sepultura69
01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
I guess ill just add my 2 cents. ;)

Best of luck to dethmaiden even though you pissed me off when i first joined this board and still do(i'm sure i do the same to you brawh :D )

Jeff, Good like with your female fronted band and hopefully you make it big and open up for awesome bands like YOB and Napalm Death. :rocker:

Ben, Logan. What ever the fuck your name is. Cool dude. Didn't really know ya that well. but good luck and hope you get laid.

*2 cents*

street_burial
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
get to take an in person guitar lesson with Shane Blay of Oh, Sleeper (ex- BTBAM) on the 26th :D

treghet
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I think Ben should see a doctor. Bad shit happening in one's life can be a big contributing factor of depression, but there is also a chemical/hormonal element to it. I wish him the best.

He is already on Lexapro. He just needs to work on confidence and social skills, otherwise taking the medicine won't help in the long run.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm still here not that anyone cares. :)

Crionics
01-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I guess I'm staying too, I'm sad to see Ben and Jeff leave though, but I wish them the best..

idrinkwine732
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
supmayhemforums

street_burial
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
A Serbian film is the most fucked up movie i've seen. and im only an hour into it.

rjturtle9
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
A Serbian film is the most fucked up movie i've seen. and im only an hour into it.

I have it. Just watched it again on Saturday. Intense shit.

ChildrenofSodom
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
He is already on Lexapro. He just needs to work on confidence and social skills, otherwise taking the medicine won't help in the long run.

If its a pituitary adenoma, for example, and his HPA axis is off, then taking a regular antidepressant won't do much.

street_burial
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I have it. Just watched it again on Saturday. Intense shit.

my mind is now full of "what the fuck?". I regret watching that....so much regret.

jd091
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM

I remember bringing that up to Wizzbang (I think) and someone else a long time ago, and he gave me this huge list of fucked up movies that were twice as bad. :lol:

JRA
01-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Fuck that movie.

MPF
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM
As I mentioned on Facebook, A Serbian Film changed me....

No horror movie has ever scared me. Ever since i saw Child's Play 2, no horror movie has bothered me at all since I can see past all the supposed" scary stuff". But a Serbian Film....there are sick fucks like that in real life. That's scary shit!

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
I can't find any info on this so called movie. Not even on imdb.

Dextrimental
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I can't find any info on this so called movie. Not even on imdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/

masterguy49
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
What the fuck did I miss!?

Anyways see ya Brad, I never really conversed with you but I respected you music tastes and you reminded me a lot of my awesome hipster friend. Good luck in life and hope to see you back.

Jeff, I always enjoyed reading your lists and opinions even though I didn't completely agree.

Fuck you Ben, you never replied to my texts faggot. Though it seems like your improving on your confidence(I'm saying that for everyone else on the boards to know too). We text so I don't even know why I'm writing this.

I feel like I'm responsible for all the people leaving since I'm one of the newer members. :hecho:

John The Drummer
01-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Getting ready to finish recording my side projects EP tomorrow. Last two songs are going to be a bitch :D

illuminatus917
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I remember bringing that up to Wizzbang (I think) and someone else a long time ago, and he gave me this huge list of fucked up movies that were twice as bad. :lol:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?p=361849&highlight=serbian#post361849

And he's correct about each and every one of those.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 05:03 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1273235/

Yeah I'm into messed up movies but that sounds over the top. Don't think I'll be checking that out.

Dextrimental
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah I'm into messed up movies but that sounds over the top. Don't think I'll be checking that out.

In terms of messed up movies, its not that bad!

BloodoftheKings
01-09-2012, 05:23 PM
August Underground's Mordum shits on A Serbian Film. There's nothing to unsettling about Serbian cause you never question that it's real since it's done so professionally. Mordum is seriously the most fucked up movie ever, only watch it if you really feel like you need to.

Epidemic Reign
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
August Underground's Mordum shits on A Serbian Film. There's nothing to unsettling about Serbian cause you never question that it's real since it's done so professionally. Mordum is seriously the most fucked up movie ever, only watch it if you really feel like you need to.

Well if you're going to sell it like that then maybe I do :lol: Never heard of it though.

EDIT: Just looked it up and found out that Killjoy from Necrophagia is involved. SIGN ME UP.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I mean I've seen stuff like Cannibal Holocaust but Serbian Film just sounds sexually uncomfortable it that makes sense. Like a bad snuff film.

street_burial
01-09-2012, 06:54 PM

seen it. it was fucked up but ehh.

slapguitarer
01-09-2012, 06:54 PM
This man is the future of America (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFXXAuDK1Ao)

BloodoftheKings
01-09-2012, 06:55 PM
seen it. it was fucked up but ehh.

I don't see how anyone can find Serbian Film to be worse then Mordum.

street_burial
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
FUCK YOU ALABAMA! :flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM

Yes. However, I actually liked the movie a lot, albeit being very bizarre, disgusting, and just fucked up.

Mordum (and Penance, and the other one - there are 3 in the series), are incredibly "fucked up". Yeah, they seem real cause they're shout w/ regular non-professional cameras. However, I just think they're stupid. I've watched parts of all 3, and while I agree they are certainly more fucked up than A Serbian Film, I don't like any of them. I actually enjoyed A Serbian Film.

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Still have the list?

BloodoftheKings
01-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Mordum (and Penance, and the other one - there are 3 in the series), are incredibly "fucked up". Yeah, they seem real cause they're shout w/ regular non-professional cameras. However, I just think they're stupid. I've watched parts of all 3, and while I agree they are certainly more fucked up than A Serbian Film, I don't like any of them. I actually enjoyed A Serbian Film.

Of course. Mordum is one of the shittiest movies i've ever seen. I tried to watch Serbian Film once and I just figured "I've already seen worse so why should I have to watch this?"

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Yep. But imagine if you just happened to "find" Mordum and watch it. I bet some people have done that and thought it was legit snuff.

JRA
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Carrie Brownstein on Judas Priest's "Dreamer/Deciever:"

"Early Priest is the best. Before it all got a bit silly, these guys were tough. This song chugs and shreds and gives you a small tease of histrionics without going too far."

I don't think there's such a thing as Priest going too far, but still,:eek:

brutal_descent
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
So basically, my hard disk burned up. It's completely unusable, and the IT guy who works at my school says he can't recover anything.

...fuck, man. I'm not going to even get into all the notes I've kept on there from my classes this semester I was planning to use as review for when exam-time comes around; my entire music library was on that. Over 1,300 albums. :( I have no idea how I'll even start rebuilding it.

rjturtle9
01-09-2012, 11:11 PM
So basically, my hard disk burned up. It's completely unusable, and the IT guy who works at my school says he can't recover anything.

...fuck, man. I'm not going to even get into all the notes I've kept on there from my classes this semester I was planning to use as review for when exam-time comes around; my entire music library was on that. Over 1,300 albums. :( I have no idea how I'll even start rebuilding it.

That's why you always back stuff up man.

brutal_descent
01-09-2012, 11:55 PM
That's why you always back stuff up man.

Man, I'm too devastated to even begin thinking about rebuilding it all.

christopher
01-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Man, I'm too devastated to even begin thinking about rebuilding it all.

You'll be fine. I lost my library of music a few times and had to rebuild. It seriously won't take that long. Now that you know what bands to download, torrent the shit out of what you lost and you'll be back in business in a week or so. Other than that, soulseek is your friend as well.

brutal_descent
01-10-2012, 01:05 AM
You'll be fine. I lost my library of music a few times and had to rebuild. It seriously won't take that long. Now that you know what bands to download, torrent the shit out of what you lost and you'll be back in business in a week or so. Other than that, soulseek is your friend as well.

Finding the albums isn't a problem thankfully because Last.fm has all the albums I own listed on each of the artists' pages.

brutal_descent
01-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Also, wondering; do any of you know people who are products of the Internet? IRL /b/tards? People who go as far as to use memes in conversation? There's a guy in a few of my classes who is the perfect example of someone like this: he spends his free time playing Minecraft and browsing 9GAG, going on his Facebook wall is like browsing memebase, and uses phrases like "do not want", "trololololo", "pwned", "me gusta", and "fuuuuu" in conversation, which pisses the shit out of me. It makes me seriously wonder whether people like him have a life. :hmm:

/rant

brutal_descent
01-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Triple post!

So one of my friends puts on Funeralopolis, and a girl at the table says, "You like the Butthole Surfers too?"

http://grimgamer.com/uploads/Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_bg_by_CrusierPL-450x359.png

MPF
01-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Just thought about this....

You know how Leviathan made True Traitor, True Whore last year? Triptykon needs to make a similar album in the same kinda vein on related MS events this year.

:lol:

ravenheart
01-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Over 1,300 albums. :( I have no idea how I'll even start rebuilding it.

By downloading them like you did the first time?

It's not like you've lost a ton of irreplaceable stuff you bought there, now is it?

ravenheart
01-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Mordum (and Penance, and the other one - there are 3 in the series), are incredibly "fucked up". Yeah, they seem real cause they're shout w/ regular non-professional cameras. However, I just think they're stupid. .

All of the films you guys are talking about are stupid. They have no purpose beyond intentionally trying to be sick, and that's a stupid reason to make a movie. Seems unfair to single certain ones out above others as the stupid ones :finger:

MPF
01-10-2012, 02:52 AM

Yeah man, just like what has been mentioned, back that stuff up man. That's half the reason why I got another External Harddrive. a 250GB one that's full and a 500GB that is almost half full (from those albums).

But you should be able to get those back in no time. although you will probably forget a lot of albums that you don't normally listen to.

powerslave_85
01-10-2012, 04:00 AM
Triple post!

So one of my friends puts on Funeralopolis, and a girl at the table says, "You like the Butthole Surfers too?"

http://grimgamer.com/uploads/Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_bg_by_CrusierPL-450x359.png
You found a chick who knows who the Butthole Surfers are? That's pretty amazing.

brutal_descent
01-10-2012, 04:21 AM
You found a chick who knows who the Butthole Surfers are? That's pretty amazing.

THAT'S NOT THE POINT

but yeah, she's pretty cool
she likes too much indie shit though, stuff like bon iver which isn't even any good

BloodoftheKings
01-10-2012, 05:18 AM
Also, wondering; do any of you know people who are products of the Internet? IRL /b/tards? People who go as far as to use memes in conversation? There's a guy in a few of my classes who is the perfect example of someone like this: he spends his free time playing Minecraft and browsing 9GAG, going on his Facebook wall is like browsing memebase, and uses phrases like "do not want", "trololololo", "pwned", "me gusta", and "fuuuuu" in conversation, which pisses the shit out of me. It makes me seriously wonder whether people like him have a life. :hmm:

/rant

Fuck those people.

Triple post!

Dude, the Butthole Surfers are fuckin great.

brutal_descent
01-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Dude, the Butthole Surfers are fuckin great.

:mad:

neither of you understand that I'm not ripping on the surfers, I'm confused with how she could think the two sound alike

mankvill
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Working a shit ton to cover for my manager who is on vacation, but if I keep this up, my next paycheck will be like $1000 :drool:

ravenheart
01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Working a shit ton to cover for my manager who is on vacation, but if I keep this up, my next paycheck will be like $1000 :drool:

Are you getting acting up allowance on top?

mankvill
01-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Are you getting acting up allowance on top?

I'm also selling album reviews on the side. :D

Sepultura69
01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
:mad:

neither of you understand that I'm not ripping on the surfers, I'm confused with how she could think the two sound alike
I understood perfectly, It's kina like playing some hell awaits or Haunting the Chapel and the person reply's back with "So you like Modest Mouse too?".

Probably a bad example :eyes:

By the way i totally like....see teh wickid sooper awesome resemblance between E.W and Buthole sufferers, brawh ;)

Sepultura69
01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

Buy me a hat ;)

mankvill
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Buy me a hat ;)

A TF2 hat

Sepultura69
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
A TF2 hat

I don't like Team Fortress 2:hmm:

xStructualDefect
01-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Has anyone heard the new Nightwish album? Wasn't really a fan of Dark Passion Play, not because of Annette but because it seemed too poppy to me. I loved Once and everything before that though. I'm gonna go see them next week so wondering how the new album is.

Epidemic Reign
01-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Has anyone heard the new Nightwish album? Wasn't really a fan of Dark Passion Play, not because of Annette but because it seemed too poppy to me. I loved Once and everything before that though. I'm gonna go see them next week so wondering how the new album is.

First off, I hate you.

I personally enjoyed Imaginaerum quite a lot. It's very different from DPP and even has a few subtle elements that are reminiscent of Once and Century Child, but overall I think DPP is much more cohesive and better in general. So basically, if you didn't thoroughly enjoy DPP then I don't think you should expect much from Imaginaerum. Though you still might want to familiarize yourself with the material because I read that about half of the setlist in Universal City will be new songs.

Have fun, you lucky bastard :finger:

rjturtle9
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Listened to it. After about four tracks I turned it off. Started off strong but that changed very quickly.

Epidemic Reign
01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Listened to it. After about four tracks I turned it off. Started off strong but that changed very quickly.

imo track 5 is the best on the album, I think you might have bailed just a little bit too soon :D

xStructualDefect
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
First off, I hate you.

I personally enjoyed Imaginaerum quite a lot. It's very different from DPP and even has a few subtle elements that are reminiscent of Once and Century Child, but overall I think DPP is much more cohesive and better in general. So basically, if you didn't thoroughly enjoy DPP then I don't think you should expect much from Imaginaerum. Though you still might want to familiarize yourself with the material because I read that about half of the setlist in Universal City will be new songs.

Have fun, you lucky bastard :finger:

Thanks man. Yeah I heard so I want to familiarize myself with the new songs. I saw them in 2007 and they played a lot of DDP songs, but it was awesome to hear old classics. Too bad I got into Nightwish in 2004 literally like a month after they had just played here in support of Once and their last US tour with Tarja :wallbang:

I just listened to Story Time and I didn't really like it. Sounds way too poppy. A lot of reviews are claiming it's amazing though.

Epidemic Reign
01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I just listened to Story Time and I didn't really like it. Sounds way too poppy. A lot of reviews are claiming it's amazing though.

Yeah, Story Time is a pretty lackluster opener. These songs kick ass though:

Ghost River
I Want My Tears Back
Scaretale (starts strong, gets weird, ends strong and segues into "Arabesque" which is a cool instrumental)
Rest Calm
Last Ride of the Day

And the album closer/title track is basically an orchestral instrumental piece that flows through all of the album's key melodies. Good way to end things.

The only thing I REALLY don't care for is the second half of "Song of Myself". The first half is good, but the second half is just various people reciting poetry in Finnish accents. Definitely a moodkiller.

SerpentineVIVIVI
01-10-2012, 12:54 PM
The new Nightwish is one of their best albums in my opinion. The variety of the songs are great, and Annette's voice is much more firm in terms of her placement in the band's overall sound. I was shocked at how much I loved the album, given that it was such a late 2011 release and it wasn't exactly super high on the anticipation list. It would definitely be in my Top 3 of 2011.

I would definitely recommend every single song, in sequence. I don't know how you didn't like Storytime, I love the heaviness mixed with the more accessible chorus. Not to mention it's super catchy.

As for someone not liking Song Of Myself, the first part is some of the best on the album, although I always skip the last half. Shame they didn't turn it into something more appropriate. That's just my two cents.

Epidemic Reign
01-10-2012, 01:54 PM
As for someone not liking Song Of Myself, the first part is some of the best on the album, although I always skip the last half. Shame they didn't turn it into something more appropriate. That's just my two cents.

It would have been REALLY cool if they had incorporated Imaginaerum (the song) into Song of Myself, and made it an epic "Poet and the Pendulum"-length track. That spoken poetry, I dunno. Tuomas can shove that.

I agree that Anette's vocals are used more fittingly this time around. But still, I think Dark Passion Play is a more well-rounded album.

BloodoftheKings
01-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Scored about 1400 on the SAT. Pretty good considering I didn't study, and it's a good enough score for the schools i'm trying to go to which is all that matters.

Crionics
01-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Scored about 1400 on the SAT. Pretty good considering I didn't study, and it's a good enough score for the schools i'm trying to go to which is all that matters.

1400/1600 I assume?

BloodoftheKings
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
1400/1600 I assume?

1400/2400 :eyes: I'm staying local and the school I want to go to has an average acceptance score of 1100.

Crionics
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
1400/2400 :eyes: I'm staying local and the school I want to go to has an average acceptance score of 1100.

Oh, as long as it's above your school of choice's range then your in good shape. My score was about near the average of my top choice (UVA) but my GPA is a bit low for them. I hear back on the 31st for Early Action, hopefully I get in...

slapguitarer
01-10-2012, 05:01 PM

/rant

My whole group at school does that. Hop off cock.

metallicbrian666
01-10-2012, 05:14 PM
My whole group at school does that. Hop off cock.
Erikisms on MS? Dayum

slapguitarer
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Erikisms on MS? Dayum

I use Erikisms in real life. I'm hardcore like that.

RAZOR
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Erikisms on MS? Dayum

hellawaits77ny
01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
All of the films you guys are talking about are stupid. They have no purpose beyond intentionally trying to be sick, and that's a stupid reason to make a movie. Seems unfair to single certain ones out above others as the stupid ones :finger:

Oh absolutely. I never said those movies had any type of "quality". That's why I actually like A Serbian Film. It actually has a point and such.

moobys37
01-10-2012, 10:47 PM
yum

christopher
01-10-2012, 11:51 PM
FUCK!!!!! I just found out my Multivariable Calculus 2 midterm is scheduled at 9:20am the morning after the Ghost show:bawling: and I have a Linear Algebra midterm the night of the Ghost show until 6pm. I go to school all the way out in San Bernardino and it takes a good 90 minutes to get to West Hollywood. I hate my life, I wanted to see Ghost so bad...

elturtleboy
01-11-2012, 12:56 AM
My iPod randomly erased everything by itself. 85% of my music is in my comp I left at my sisters when I moved since I have no where in my new place to put it. :wallbang:

MPF
01-11-2012, 01:25 AM
My iPod randomly erased everything by itself. 85% of my music is in my comp I left at my sisters when I moved since I have no where in my new place to put it. :wallbang:

Is it actually erased or won't play? huge difference.

hellawaits77ny
01-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Speaking of A Serbian Film, I'm listening to Skullfucked by Dying Fetus. Remember that scene at the end :lol:???

MPF
01-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Speaking of A Serbian Film, I'm listening to Skullfucked by Dying Fetus. Remember that scene at the end :lol:???

Not the very end, but close enough. BEST NON-BOLLYWOOD DEATH SCENE EVER!!!

elturtleboy
01-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Is it actually erased or won't play? huge difference.

Not one damn song

MPF
01-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Not one damn song

so they are there but they won't play?

1.) Buy an external harddrive
2.) Plug in your ipod.
3.) Left click on your ipod on your computer
3.) Click Properties
4.) Unclick read only files
5.) Copy and paste songs into external harddrive
6.) Reput them into your i pod, or if ipod is fucked, get new ipod.

MPF
01-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Again this is why Ken Sorceron of Abigail Williams is the fucking Man!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384089_10151137750285459_629590458_22374900_964707 449_n.jpg

hellawaits77ny
01-11-2012, 02:58 AM

Not the very end, but close enough. BEST NON-BOLLYWOOD DEATH SCENE EVER!!!

Probably!

Yeah, the very end is, well, disheartening. That's the "nicest" way to put it, I guess.

MPF
01-11-2012, 03:00 AM
Probably!

Yeah, the very end is, well, disheartening. That's the "nicest" way to put it, I guess.

Start with the kid first.....

:barf: :barf: :barf:

ravenheart
01-11-2012, 03:08 AM
FUCK!!!!! I just found out my Multivariable Calculus 2 midterm is scheduled at 9:20am the morning after the Ghost show:bawling: and I have a Linear Algebra midterm the night of the Ghost show until 6pm. I go to school all the way out in San Bernardino and it takes a good 90 minutes to get to West Hollywood. I hate my life, I wanted to see Ghost so bad...

I'd rather do calculus and linear algebra... they're more interesting than Ghost live.

ravenheart
01-11-2012, 03:09 AM
6.) Reput them into your i pod, or if ipod is fucked, get new a decent mp3 player instead.

Yep.

MPF
01-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Yep.

I've never had a problem with iPods. other then the fact someone stole my 160GB one back in October 2010.

I haven't bought an MP3 player since. Never had a use for it to be honest.

ravenheart
01-11-2012, 03:27 AM
I've never had a problem with iPods. other then the fact someone stole my 160GB one back in October 2012..

Are you Marty McFly?

MPF
01-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Are you Marty McFly?

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

...no...of course not...

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

brutal_descent
01-11-2012, 04:03 AM
So that girl I was talking about yesterday who mentioned the Butthole Surfers? Apparently she likes post-rock too, and is going to that festival in April with Moonlit Sailor, If These Trees Could Talk, and pg.lost :lol: I may have a future wife on my hands!

MPF
01-11-2012, 04:48 AM
So that girl I was talking about yesterday who mentioned the Butthole Surfers? Apparently she likes post-rock too, and is going to that festival in April with Moonlit Sailor, If These Trees Could Talk, and pg.lost :lol: I may have a future wife on my hands!

Or at least stick it in her pooper while listening to 65daysofstatic.

brutal_descent
01-11-2012, 05:00 AM
Or at least stick it in her pooper while listening to 65daysofstatic.

:lol: I know the promoter of the festival, how many points do you think I'd score by getting her tickets/setting up a meet with one of the bands?

MPF
01-11-2012, 05:02 AM
Just scored and interview with Ken Sorceron of Abigail Williams. It will be on video (youtube) and the audio version on my show (W3rd Radio).

A good friend of mine offered to bring me aboard when he interviews bands. We will share interview duties and plug each others' shows.

GIGGITY GIGGITY GOOOOOO!!!

MPF
01-11-2012, 05:03 AM
:lol: I know the promoter of the festival, how many points do you think I'd score by getting her tickets/setting up a meet with one of the bands?

Points? You'd be getting sex if you do!

hellawaits77ny
01-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Start with the kid first.....

:barf: :barf: :barf:

A couple buddies and I watched it at work. I loved it, they hated it :lol:

dcmetal108
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM

You'd get about 24 points for that.

John The Drummer
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Finished up recording my side projects EP last night! Only took two hours to record 5 songs! I nailed a couple one takes as well! We were going to use a click track so it'd be easier to mix and sound more professional, but due to technical diffculties we just went without it. I think it will sound just as good as if it were with a click though.

Natrlhi
01-11-2012, 01:18 PM
You'd get about 24 points for that.Good thing he's not playing blackjack.

Dextrimental
01-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Finished up recording my side projects EP last night! Only took two hours to record 5 songs! I nailed a couple one takes as well! We were going to use a click track so it'd be easier to mix and sound more professional, but due to technical diffculties we just went without it. I think it will sound just as good as if it were with a click though.

Throw a thread up in the musicians section when you have it up man, love to hear it! Click tracks, for me anyway, definitely depend on the music being played. When I'm playing some blues or some rock stuff like Rolling Stones, I like to just go with the feel and go with what feels natural tempo wise, for something like death metal or whatever, click track definitely helps as the music relies more heavily on a percussive element and on everyone being on the same page.

dcmetal108
01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Good thing he's not playing blackjack.

I was hoping someone would say this. :D

Crionics
01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Just found out I got accepted into JMU through early action! UVA, you're next! :D

ravenheart
01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Just found out I got accepted into JMU through early action! UVA, you're next! :D

I don't know what any of this means.

Crionics
01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't know what any of this means.

I just found out I got accepted early into a good university. I find out if I will get accepted early into a great university later this month (31st to be exact).

BloodoftheKings
01-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Reddit repost on facebook are getting out of control. This guy I know posted a reddit picture on facebook and is pretending he took the picture. I felt like calling him out on his bullshit but I don't really know him.

street_burial
01-11-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm looking for a band, close to the D.C. area to play a show in July for close to nothing. There will be a good many bands, hopefully, so i was wondering if any of you who play would be interested.

John The Drummer
01-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Throw a thread up in the musicians section when you have it up man, love to hear it! Click tracks, for me anyway, definitely depend on the music being played. When I'm playing some blues or some rock stuff like Rolling Stones, I like to just go with the feel and go with what feels natural tempo wise, for something like death metal or whatever, click track definitely helps as the music relies more heavily on a percussive element and on everyone being on the same page.

I definitely will. The only recordings we have are drum cam footage from one of our shows, forgot if I posted it or not, don't feel like looking :D

We have a couple songs that have tempo changes, we did graph them out with the click, but I wasn't there, and the tempo ended up changing a measure or two too early, so we just said F it as we were kind of tight with time. Luckily the tempo changes are more natural. Oh well, either way.

slapguitarer
01-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I didn't see an existing thread for this, but don't feel like making one, so.

RHCP RESCHEDULE DATES ON UPCOMING U.S. TOUR
Red Hot Chili Peppers regret to announce that they must postpone the start of their upcoming U.S. tour due to multiple foot injuries sustained by Anthony Kiedis. Anthony recently underwent surgery to remove a crushed sesamoid bone and correct a detached flexor tendon in his foot and is expected to make a full recovery.

Tickets for the postponed dates will be honored at the rescheduled dates.

Old Date New Date City Venue
01/20 04/02 Sunrise, FL Bank Atlantic Center*
01/21 03/31 Orlando, FL Amway Arena*
01/23 03/29 Tampa Bay, FL Tampa Bay Times Forum
01/25 04/06 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena
01/27 04/04 Raleigh, NC RBC Center*
01/28 04/07 Columbia, SC Colonial Life Arena*
01/30 04/10 Duluth, GA Gwinnett Center*
01/31 04/09 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
02/03 04/12 Memphis, TN FedEx Forum*
02/04 10/04 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena*
02/17 08/14 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena*
02/18 08/15 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena*
02/26 08/11 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center*
02/27 08/12 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center*
02/29 09/23 San Diego, CA Valley View Casino Center*
03/02 09/25 Glendale, AZ Jobing.com Arena
03/04 09/27 Denver, CO Pepsi Center*
03/06 09/29 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center*
03/08 10/20 Houston, TX Toyota Center*
03/09 10/02 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center*
03/13 10/24 Tulsa, OK BOK Arena
03/15 10/22 Oklahoma City, OK Chesapeake Arena
03/16 10/25 Little Rock, AR Verizon Arena

* denotes the show is sold-out

metallicbrian666
01-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Just won the new Priapus/Old Painless split on vinyl. Yeah sonnn

dcmetal108
01-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Just watching Drive. It's really good but not as good as I was expecting.

Dextrimental
01-11-2012, 08:54 PM
spudmaster5000.tumblr.com

Just finished and published my second blog, if anyone cares to read it! Took 3 months, but hopefully gonna have more regular entries in the coming weeks!

Sepultura69
01-12-2012, 12:42 AM
I didn't see an existing thread for this, but don't feel like making one, so.

RHCP RESCHEDULE DATES ON UPCOMING U.S. TOUR
Red Hot Chili Peppers regret to announce that they must postpone the start of their upcoming U.S. tour due to multiple foot injuries sustained by Anthony Kiedis. Anthony recently underwent surgery to remove a crushed sesamoid bone and correct a detached flexor tendon in his foot and is expected to make a full recovery.

Tickets for the postponed dates will be honored at the rescheduled dates.

Old Date New Date City Venue
01/20 04/02 Sunrise, FL Bank Atlantic Center*
01/21 03/31 Orlando, FL Amway Arena*
01/23 03/29 Tampa Bay, FL Tampa Bay Times Forum
01/25 04/06 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena
01/27 04/04 Raleigh, NC RBC Center*
01/28 04/07 Columbia, SC Colonial Life Arena*
01/30 04/10 Duluth, GA Gwinnett Center*
01/31 04/09 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum
02/03 04/12 Memphis, TN FedEx Forum*
02/04 10/04 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena*
02/17 08/14 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena*
02/18 08/15 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena*
02/26 08/11 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center*
02/27 08/12 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center*
02/29 09/23 San Diego, CA Valley View Casino Center*
03/02 09/25 Glendale, AZ Jobing.com Arena
03/04 09/27 Denver, CO Pepsi Center*
03/06 09/29 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center*
03/08 10/20 Houston, TX Toyota Center*
03/09 10/02 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center*
03/13 10/24 Tulsa, OK BOK Arena
03/15 10/22 Oklahoma City, OK Chesapeake Arena
03/16 10/25 Little Rock, AR Verizon Arena

* denotes the show is sold-out

I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers with Stone Temple Pilots as opening act in 2000 with my mom at the Irvine Verizon amphitheater. Does that make me old school or give old school street cred :D

It was also my first concert ever. :D

And it was also during my first week back in America after being stuck in middle east for a couple of months(ya know, visiting family, Surviving the corruption, angry rebels burning American flags down the corner chanting "we hate america" in farsi, all that good stuff). ;)

ravenheart
01-12-2012, 02:25 AM
I just found out I got accepted early into a good university. I find out if I will get accepted early into a great university later this month (31st to be exact).

Fair enough. We don't have any kind of early entry here, and JMU sounds like something for unemployed people, while AVU sounds like a disease. You can see my confusion ;)

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 06:33 AM
I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers with Stone Temple Pilots as opening act in 2000 with my mom at the Irvine Verizon amphitheater. Does that make me old school or give old school street cred :DIt might have, until you said this:

It was also my first concert ever. :D:D

mankvill
01-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Woke up at 7:45 AM and got sick, then walked in the snow and freezing winds to get to work. I'd give anything to be back in bed! :hecho:

ravenheart
01-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Woke up at 7:45 AM and got sick, then walked in the snow and freezing winds to get to work. I'd give anything to be back in bed! :hecho:

Pussy.

mankvill
01-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Pussy.

It's like I'm really living in England!

brutal_descent
01-12-2012, 07:08 AM
It's like I'm really living in Norway!

fixed

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 07:30 AM
fixed
Yeah, but Norway has way better black metal, so I'd rather live there.

ravenheart
01-12-2012, 07:36 AM
It's like I'm really living in England!

We've had fuck all rain and no snow. And it's not very cold either.

And you'd still be a pussy.

mankvill
01-12-2012, 07:44 AM
We've had fuck all rain and no snow. And it's not very cold either.

And you'd still be a pussy.

But a British pussy!

So

a twat I guess.

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 08:04 AM
But a British pussy!

So

a twat I guess.ROIGHT!

jd091
01-12-2012, 09:36 AM
My Songkick app on my iPhone just gave me a new notification: "New concert for Immortal in your area"

:eek: :party:

But it was just some local indie band. :bouville:

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 10:31 AM
:eek: Where does it think you are...Cleveland or Chicago?

jd091
01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
:eek: Where does it think you are...Cleveland or Chicago?

I have it set up to give me both notifications, but it was for Chicago. Full lineup is:

The Bright White
The Static Age
Jahzel
Phenomenal 1
Kriss Bills
Immortal

Prrrrrrrrrrretty sure this isn't the Inmortal.

GarageMetal468
01-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Immortal coming back to the states in less than a year? :lol:

treghet
01-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Immortal coming back to the states in less than a year? :lol:

Actually, they have! They played in spring 2010 and then returned in winter 2011.

GarageMetal468
01-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Actually, they have! They played in spring 2010 and then returned in winter 2011.

Ah, must've been like a one date thing I'm guessing? As far as I know, the last time they were in Chicago before the winter of 2011 was like 2003.

treghet
01-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Ah, must've been like a one date thing I'm guessing? As far as I know, the last time they were in Chicago before the winter of 2011 was like 2003.

It was two Canada dates and then NYC and LA. I wasn't able to go to the LA show though. :(

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Prrrrrrrrrrretty sure this isn't the Inmortal.You spelt it wrong, dingaling.

Also, there shouldn't be another band running around calling themselves Immortal. If there is, they should be killed immediately because they should fucking well know that there can be only one (inb4 Highlander reference). That would be like me running around calling myself "Abbath Doom Occulta" and then trying to claim I didn't know any better when being called out for it.

jd091
01-12-2012, 01:11 PM
iPhone keyboard. Forgive me. :lol:

mankvill
01-12-2012, 01:19 PM
You spelt it wrong, dingaling.

Also, there shouldn't be another band running around calling themselves Immortal. If there is, they should be killed immediately because they should fucking well know that there can be only one (inb4 Highlander reference). That would be like me running around calling myself "Abbath Doom Occulta" and then trying to claim I didn't know any better when being called out for it.

There's a hippie jam band from Kansas City named Origin...:bouville:

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 01:23 PM
There's a hippie jam band from Kansas City named Origin...:bouville:Same story. Kill.

GarageMetal468
01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
WHAT THE FUCK

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/375518_285486288167894_145118985537959_746317_1501 312831_n.jpg

Dextrimental
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately Anaal Nathrakh aren't on the Dublin and Belfast dates :(

jd091
01-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Holy shitfucks, that's real? Anaal should be headlining. ;)

GarageMetal468
01-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Well this is a shitty night. Mass amounts of snow preventing me and everyone else from doing anything, really.

Dextrimental
01-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Holy shitfucks, that's real? Anaal should be headlining. ;)

I'm surprise they're not if I'm honest!

John The Drummer
01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Trolling around Craigslist, think I found my stolen Xbox 360.
120 Gig, Black Elite, 2 black controllers. I emailed from a fake address asking if there are any downloaded games or physical games (STOLE SKYRIM WITH IT, DICK!), so I'm waiting to hear a response now.

Now if it ends up being mine... do I bring an angry mob of people, or just call the cops? >__<

slapguitarer
01-12-2012, 05:19 PM
So all I have to do to finish my last college app is put in my essay, which I can't find anywhere on my computer. :flame:

rjturtle9
01-12-2012, 06:23 PM
120 Gig, Black Elite, 2 black controllers. I emailed from a fake address asking if there are any downloaded games or physical games (STOLE SKYRIM WITH IT, DICK!), so I'm waiting to hear a response now.

Now if it ends up being mine... do I bring an angry mob of people, or just call the cops? >__<

Bring an angry mob and fuck shit up!

dcmetal108
01-12-2012, 06:25 PM

You get a friend and take him with , meet the guy, and at least break his legs with a baseball bat. Wooden bat not metal. That's just me though.

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Just remembered I have a big do or die project do tomorrow. Looks like i'm gonna have to pull an all nighter.

Crionics
01-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Just remembered I have a big do or die project do tomorrow. Looks like i'm gonna have to pull an all nighter.

I know how that feels, good luck man!

In other news, I got an 100 on an AP Calculus test today and got accepted into VCU (inb4ravenheart, VCU is a state college in Richmond, it's growing well but at the moment their still a step down from JMU). Most of you guys will know VCU from March Madness last year...

slapguitarer
01-12-2012, 08:11 PM
>Be 15
>Sit in math class
>Feel the urge to shit
>Ask teacher to go
>Bitch says no
... >poop leaving my anus
>need to think fast
>pull out lighter
>set carpet on fire
>everyone flips out
>make my move
>run to bathroom
>almost there
>at the door when i shit
>shit leaves my anus with force
>I take flight
>building still on fire
>all my friends are dead
>feelsbadman.jpg
>unable to control flight path
>begin spinning wildly
>fly around fire causing fire tornado
>tornado burns entire town
>tornado goes over lake
>picks up all the water
>My shit falls from the sky
>worldwide shitstorms
>tornado goes over mountain
>Picks up fucking mountain
>shit continues to rain
>feel so embarrassed
>rip my own shit filled heart out
>throw heart into tornado
>Tornado has earth, wind, water,fire, heart
>by your powers combined I am Captain Planet

treghet
01-12-2012, 08:14 PM
>Be 15
>Sit in math class
>Feel the urge to shit
>Ask teacher to go
>Bitch says no
>need to think fast
>pull out lighter
>set carpet on fire
>everyone flips out
>make my move
>run to bathroom
>almost there
>at the door when i shit
>I take flight
>building still on fire
>all my friends are dead
>feelsbadman.jpg
>begin spinning wildly
>tornado goes over lake
>picks up all the water
>worldwide shitstorms
>shit continues to rain
>feel so embarrassed

What?

Crionics
01-12-2012, 08:15 PM
What?

This :lol:

slapguitarer
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
I guess some people didn't grow up with Captain Planet...

MPF
01-13-2012, 12:05 AM
When you make a facebook status about how you don't like Skrillex....people get pissed. :lol:

Epidemic Reign
01-13-2012, 12:51 AM
http://www.bumpershine.com/wp-images/music/skrillex/2011-03-18_Skrillex_04.jpg

Stretch Armstrong mothafucka watch me push these buttons

Epidemic Reign
01-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Welcome to our newest member, DubstepDist.

GarageMetal468
01-13-2012, 07:07 AM
When you make a facebook status about how you don't like Skrillex....people get pissed. :lol:

I think I'll try that!

ravenheart
01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
I guess some people didn't grow up with Captain Planet...

I did. But your post was dumb. I think that's the main problem here.

treghet
01-13-2012, 09:49 AM
:LOLFC:

The Best Taco Related Crimes (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-best-taco-related-crimes)

rjturtle9
01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
:LOLFC:

The Best Taco Related Crimes (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-best-taco-related-crimes)

:lol: These are insanely funny!

metallicbrian666
01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
>Be 15
>Sit in math class
>Feel the urge to shit
>Ask teacher to go
>Bitch says no
>need to think fast
>pull out lighter
>set carpet on fire
>everyone flips out
>make my move
>run to bathroom
>almost there
>at the door when i shit
>I take flight
>building still on fire
>all my friends are dead
>feelsbadman.jpg
>begin spinning wildly
>tornado goes over lake
>picks up all the water
>worldwide shitstorms
>shit continues to rain
>feel so embarrassed
Dumb. What's up with these stupid ">Be __" things?

mankvill
01-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Dumb. What's up with these stupid ">Be __" things?

Welcome to the 4chan generation!

rjturtle9
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM

I remember back in the good ol' days, maybe about 2-3 years ago, I would say a meme joke, and nobody would know what the fuck i was talking about. Now thanks to tumblr, everyone uses memes. Plus a lot of the newer memes are just stupid.

:bouville:

metallicbrian666
01-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I remember back in the good ol' days, maybe about 2-3 years ago, I would say a meme joke, and nobody would know what the fuck i was talking about. Now thanks to tumblr, everyone uses memes. Plus a lot of the newer memes are just stupid.

:bouville:
That's the thing. Some memes are funny and whatever, but now you have a ton of dumbasses that make shitty new ones and say them in real life (which is the dumbest thing ever)

jd091
01-13-2012, 10:52 AM

Yeah, seriously. And they're all just disgusting and completely unfunny in my opinion.

mankvill
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah, seriously. And they're all just disgusting and completely unfunny in my opinion.

:hmm: The irony is palpable

John The Drummer
01-13-2012, 01:39 PM
My friends and I have far too many inside jokes, its as if we have created our own Meme's in between us.

I AM BUS.

GarageMetal468
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
My friends and I have far too many inside jokes, its as if we have created our own Meme's in between us.

I AM BUS.

Same here, but Brian my know some of them.

I WANT PLATE

BloodoftheKings
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Me and my friends are gonna do a remake of the garbage day scene from 'Silent Night Deadly Night 2' for school. Since the editing is kinda fast I had to draw out a shot list. Check out my ill drawing skills.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377812_254236704649546_100001896563932_654182_1733 799235_n.jpg

metallicbrian666
01-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Naughty.

street_burial
01-13-2012, 06:35 PM
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/32zkif/www.hatsproductions.com/OrganTrail.swf/

zombie version of Oregon Trail

GarageMetal468
01-13-2012, 06:59 PM
http://christwire.org/2011/07/hipsters/

Dear christ (no pun intended), this is fucking gold! I laughed so hard at this

brutal_descent
01-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Looks like Black Sabbath, Kasabian, and Judas Priest are going to be the only expensive shows for me this year so far. #firstworldproblems

RAZOR
01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Looks like Black Sabbath, Kasabian, and Judas Priest are going to be the only expensive shows for me this year so far. #firstworldproblems

This isn't Twitter, Lincoln. Get your hash tags outta here. :tongue:

brutal_descent
01-13-2012, 11:07 PM
This isn't Twitter, Lincoln. Get your hash tags outta here. :tongue:

#feelsbadbro

jd091
01-14-2012, 01:05 AM
"I went to my first "Hardcore" concert last Friday night. This is all i saw." (http://imgur.com/gallery/B7dFu)

Epidemic Reign
01-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Me and my friends are gonna do a remake of the garbage day scene from 'Silent Night Deadly Night 2' for school. Since the editing is kinda fast I had to draw out a shot list. Check out my ill drawing skills.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377812_254236704649546_100001896563932_654182_1733 799235_n.jpg

:lol: What are the odds that anyone at your school besides you and your friends have seen this movie???

hellawaits77ny
01-14-2012, 01:30 AM

Nice! Can't remember much from the 2nd, but I loved the original.

treghet
01-14-2012, 11:37 AM
wtf is with all the polls showing up on the first page here? :eek:

mankvill
01-14-2012, 12:10 PM
wtf is with all the polls showing up on the first page here? :eek:

Someone got bored and went back and voted in all the polls. :P A vote automatically bumps the thread.

treghet
01-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Ah, I didn't know that.

Dextrimental
01-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Well, last night, I got very drunk and stoned listening to Gentle Giant at a mates 18th, didn't think we had made much of a mess when we left at 6am, to find out we had in fact put a pot of cheerios in the washing machine, along with a load of ornage and blackcurrant juice and several eggs. I think we were going for some sort of breakfast super stash! And I woke up with feta cheese in my pocket. A good night all in!

dcmetal108
01-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Just got back from seeing Contraband.

xStructualDefect
01-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Leaving this forum. Pretty sure for good but maybe I'll come back and post every once in awhile. I like discussing metal but not at a place when people like to make immature elitist comments and attack each other for different opinions all the time. Ex: everyone bashing someone who doesn't listen to bands on MDF but wants to know the mayhem lineup. Seems like most people who do bashing on here are under 18/19 anyway, so they'll probably grow out of it sooner or later. Also seems like you aren't a well respected member on here anyway if you don't like black, death, sludge/doom metal, and the same bands as everyone else here but like metalcore so I'm sure I definitely won't be missed :lol: There's a handful of great people on here, even those I've argued with a lot before, but when many people on this forum bash others for the stupidest reasons, I don't want to be here.

If you want to keep in touch add me on Facebook. I use that a lot. Message me your facebook url and I'll add you or ask me for mine.

inb4 ur butthurt herp derp, *insert childish bashing*

mankvill
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM
bye

powerslave_85
01-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Brad did it before it was cool.

jd091
01-14-2012, 09:36 PM
And there was one less metalcore fan amongst us. :(

christopher
01-14-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm pretty drunk, watching Acheron and standing next to Treghet haha

mankvill
01-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I just don't get why people get so upset over people bashing their opinions. Do you know how many times people on this forum have called Anaal Nathrakh shit? blink-182? Any other of the myriad of bands that I like? Do I get in a huff-n-tuff because of it? No. And the people that I say that too, they don't get into a huff-n-tuff and I totally respect them for that now. Jeff and I used to butt heads all the time a few years ago when I was relatively new here, and now we are bros.

Jesus Christ people, quit responding to the trolls and they'll stop fucking doing it. Someone said Mayhem Fest is shit? Just say "haha yeah I can see why you'd say that, but I still like it! :fist: " and don't type out a fucking paragraph on how people should respect everyone else's tastes and how OPINIONS and shit.

Holy fucking shit, just leave so we don't have to deal with you anymore.

mankvill
01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty drunk, watching Acheron and standing next to Treghet haha

HAILS! :fist:

makethemsuffer12
01-14-2012, 09:50 PM
I just don't get why people get so upset over people bashing their opinions. Do you know how many times people on this forum have called Anaal Nathrakh shit? blink-182?

Well...

mankvill
01-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Well...

I do not agree with your opinion sir, but I will defend to the death your right to say it and be wrong about it!

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 09:54 PM

This. I find the butthurt on this site to be way more annoying then any trolling/elitism that occurs.

jd091
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
This. I find the butthurt on this site to be way more annoying then any trolling/elitism that occurs.

Woah now, SD was one of the nicest people on this site. Don't bash him.

mankvill
01-14-2012, 10:02 PM

He was the same way before he left for the first time.

Like, we get it. You like "popular" bands and someone made fun of you for that. Take it in stride. Quit getting upset.

powerslave_85
01-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I barely had a clue who he was.

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
He was the same way before he left for the first time.

Like, we get it. You like "popular" bands and someone made fun of you for that. Take it in stride. Quit getting upset.

I thought the first time he left it was because he joined the marines or some shit.

makethemsuffer12
01-14-2012, 10:28 PM
I do not agree with your opinion sir, but I will defend to the death your right to say it and be wrong about it!

lol ur gay

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
lol ur gay

Why don't you go to gayhem and watch your Five Finger Donkey Punch faggit.

xStructualDefect
01-14-2012, 10:32 PM
I just don't get why people get so upset over people bashing their opinions. Do you know how many times people on this forum have called Anaal Nathrakh shit? blink-182? Any other of the myriad of bands that I like? Do I get in a huff-n-tuff because of it? No. And the people that I say that too, they don't get into a huff-n-tuff and I totally respect them for that now. Jeff and I used to butt heads all the time a few years ago when I was relatively new here, and now we are bros.

Jesus Christ people, quit responding to the trolls and they'll stop fucking doing it. Someone said Mayhem Fest is shit? Just say "haha yeah I can see why you'd say that, but I still like it! :fist: " and don't type out a fucking paragraph on how people should respect everyone else's tastes and how OPINIONS and shit.

You completely missed the point. I actually never get butthurt for someone bashing bands I like on here. If I have then it's been years since. Just gets really old watching the same members bash others for their different opinions, especially new members who want to discuss metal then get bashed when people find out they don't like the same death, black, sludge metal bands as they do. I actually don't really get upset at it, it has just gotten tiring and old to see happen all the time. Like people have bashed Indestructible many times for bands he likes and he likes some solid fucking bands. But he hates a lot of bands that respected members like so everyone bashes him, also cuz his conspirary theories :lol:

Personally I really don't care that people hate bands I like. For example, I like Suicide Silence and know most people on here hate them, but you don't hear me get butthurt or even try defending them when people hate them. Of course I understand that people hate that music. Shit, I used to fucking despise them too before them and some other deathcore bands magically grew on me. I'm probably on the same boat as JD with that; we like that music but don't care that people hate on it. It's actually quite interesting to read hater comments to be honest.

and @bloodofthekings yeah I am enlisting in the Marines. Long story short when I was supposed to enlist a year ago some shit happened so I had to wait awhile, and still waiting but not for long. Not going to get into too much detail why and whatnot because I don't want to bore anyone with a story and I doubt anyone cares about a random guy from the internet joining the military, but I got most of my paperwork filled out finally and just waiting to swear in and get a ship date. I've been running and working out a lot these past few months and have lost about 18lbs so far, slimmest I've been in years, and much better shape than I ever was in high school.

mankvill
01-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Like people have bashed Indestructible many times for bands he likes and he likes some solid fucking bands. But he hates a lot of bands that respected members like so everyone bashes him, also cuz his conspirary theories :lol:

And guess what? No one does it anymore. Because he manned up and realized people were just fucking with him.

Show me one place where someone is legitimately "bashed" because they don't like "the same death, black, sludge metal bands as they do." Because I would fucking love to see that. Nowhere has anyone said "You don't like so-and-so? You're a fucking idiot." You just want it to seem that way because you can't handle when people poke fun at certain bands.

Trust me, it gets much older to see people get so frustrated that they have to type out a bunch of paragraphs whining about people not babying them and holding their hands to super rainbow fudge mountaing candy land and saying all the bands they like are awesome.

So please. Just leave.

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Trust me, it gets much older to see people get so frustrated that they have to type out a bunch of paragraphs whining about people not babying them and holding their hands to super rainbow fudge mountaing candy land and saying all the bands they like are awesome.

ravenheart
01-14-2012, 10:39 PM
I still bash Indestructible for going full retard regularly. I think that's justifiable ;)

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 10:41 PM
I still bash Indestructible for going full retard regularly. I think that's justifiable ;)

He doesn't even post here regularly anymore, and when he does post it's usually just about music.

ravenheart
01-14-2012, 10:42 PM
He doesn't even post here regularly anymore, and when he does post it's usually just about music.

Like a lab hamster trying to get food from an electrified plate, even full retards can learn ;)

xStructualDefect
01-14-2012, 10:43 PM
And guess what? No one does it anymore. Because he manned up and realized people were just fucking with him.

Show me one place where someone is legitimately "bashed" because they don't like "the same death, black, sludge metal bands as they do." Because I would fucking love to see that. Nowhere has anyone said "You don't like so-and-so? You're a fucking idiot." You just want it to seem that way because you can't handle when people poke fun at certain bands.

So please. Just leave.

No one does it anymore because he rarely posts anymore.

This (http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17860&page=141) would be a great example. Explains exactly what you just said you've never seen. Whether or not people were kidding or not, Xenocide probably felt very unwelcome here because of that.

mankvill
01-14-2012, 10:46 PM
No one does it anymore because he rarely posts anymore.

This (http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17860&page=141) would be a great example. Explains exactly what you just said you've never seen. Whether or not people were kidding or not, Xenocide probably felt very unwelcome here because of that.

What he should have done: "Okay, which bands do you think I should check out? I always have an open mind to all sorts of music and I'm really willing to try out new bands."

What happened: "OMG ELITISTS OMG OPINIONS, OMG RESPECT PLZ, OMG GO BE BR00T4L AND LISTEN TO UNDERGROUND KVLT SHIT"

If someone can't take playful ribbing at their tastes on the internet, I'd hate to see what they do when it happens in real life.

ravenheart
01-14-2012, 10:48 PM
If someone can't take playful ribbing at their tastes on the internet, I'd hate to see what they do when it happens in real life.

They usually have hissy fits. It's fucking hilarious.

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 10:51 PM
They usually have hissy fits. It's fucking hilarious.

My friend once told this kid that Avenged Sevenfold sucks and the kid threw a chair across the cafeteria in rage and tried to start a fight.

masterguy49
01-14-2012, 10:56 PM
My friend once told this kid that Avenged Sevenfold sucks and the kid threw a chair across the cafeteria in rage and tried to start a fight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Avenged Sevenfold sucks"

"FUCK YOU, YOU SUCK. *throws chair* FIGHT ME, I'M YOUR FUCKING NIGHTMARE"

slapguitarer
01-14-2012, 10:57 PM

HA!

But seriously, that's ridiculous.

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 11:00 PM

That's pretty close to what actually happened. He said A7X sucks then the kid threw the chair and tried to throw a punch at my friend but my friend shoved him away and the kid ran to the assistant principal's office.

jd091
01-14-2012, 11:06 PM
So please. Just leave.

You're such a dick. :hecho:

SD, you're my bro! You will be missed.

xStructualDefect
01-14-2012, 11:12 PM

Probably doesn't happen often because most people who bash peoples' opinions on the internet won't do it in real life.

It's sad/funny that you realize how majority of people who bash and attack others on the internet all the time about opinions on metal or anything else, then later find out they're very socially awkward in person and don't have much or any friends at all. And I'm not trying to attack anyone on here, but it's like that most of the time and I'm not just talking about on here. Makes sense how people think of keyboard warriors.

If any of you have met me in person, you'd realize I make friends very easily. Majority of my friends don't listen to metal, but the ones who do their tastes are very different than mine. Most listen to more underground stuff like the black/death/sludge/thrash metal you guys like, and they'll jokingly make fun of bands I like but I could care less and I'll do the same to them but doesn't mean I won't get along with them. But many people are very different on the internet so this situation isn't the same.

@JD thanks a lot man you're a great guy! I probably related to you about many things such as music tastes the most on here actually.

illuminatus917
01-14-2012, 11:18 PM
@JD thanks a lot man you're a great guy! I probably related to you about many things such as music tastes the most on here actually.

:eyes:

;)

Epidemic Reign
01-14-2012, 11:22 PM
As I said before.

Teh Interwebs = srs bsns.

mankvill
01-14-2012, 11:33 PM
:flame: fuk u i have 20 million frends n ill kikc ur ass if u talk shit on me gimme ur addy fgta