Ruun
Ground
Giants
As Fire Swept Clean The Earth
Allfáğr Oğinn
-----------------------------
Immigrant Song
Isa

Pretty sure that's correct. Enslaved may be mixed around in the middle there, but they definitely left out Jotunblod and The Voices. Review will come soon (probably tomorrow, since I got homework). There were a bunch of us there, so feel free to pop in your :2cents:, guys. Sets were a little different tonight, especially for Alcest *cough NO LE SECRET :nag: cough*.

GarageMetal468
10-02-2011, 10:33 PM
This was a sick as hell show! It was a great pleasure to meet all of you guys. Also, who's got that group pic of us that will cause massive outbreaks of jelly like substances on this forum?

jd091
10-02-2011, 10:37 PM
This was a sick as hell show! It was a great pleasure to meet all of you guys. Also, who's got that group pic of us that will cause massive outbreaks of jelly like substances on this forum?

:lol: Llama Lom's got 'em on his iPhone, and gonna send/share it with us somehow. In good time, people.

And bro, we all got group pictures with everyone in Enslaved afterwards. YOU AND BRAD MISSED IT.

GarageMetal468
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
:lol: Llama Lom's got 'em on his iPhone, and gonna send/share it with us somehow. In good time, people.

And bro, we all got group pictures with everyone in Enslaved afterwards. YOU AND BRAD MISSED IT.

Ah damn. Well I told my other 2 friends I'd drive them to Reggie's to catch D.R.I. anyway. We ended up going in the wrong direction so that was a waste but we made it there fine. Also my other friend (Chris, had the Unearth shirt) and I were hungry as hell so we went to get food.

llama lom
10-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Let's see, quick summary of the night:

I got to Bottom Lounge literally five minutes before Alcest got on (I wasn't expecting them to go on until 8ish, but whatever). I met up with a friend of mine there and watched Alcest kick complete ass. I was pretty upset that they didn't play Le Secret (damn you 10 PM curfew! :nag:), but I saw Alcest and inside, I was going complete fanboy. After that I saw JD and went over and met everyone. We talked for a bit then Enslaved come on. I'm not going to lie, I didn't know any of the songs, but regardless, they played an amazing set! The Immigrant Song cover was pretty well done and I loved it. The singer for Enslaved (don't know the name) gave the crowd his Sam Adams, which my buddy managed to grab and I got a sip of. Alas, the show ended. A few of us went over to the merch table and got a picture with Alcest. I noticed afterwards that I got cut out of the picture so I went back in and got another. Neige seems like a cool guy, but I got the sense that he was a little socially awkward. He's still a god to me though. After we hung outside for a couple of hours waiting for the guys from Enslaved to come up. Slowly but surely, they each came out one at a time and we got pictures and the like. By the end, we got a group pic with 4/5 of Enslaved. Overall, pretty goddamn awesome night. I'll get the pics on my phone up sometime tomorrow, most of them are pretty dark so I'll try to fix that.

treghet
10-03-2011, 12:34 AM

Shit, Logan is gonna bust his load everywhere.

Rocco44
10-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Damn I can't wait for this show. I want to get my vinyl signed by Niege but I don't want to have to hold them when Enslaved comes on haha

masterguy49
10-03-2011, 03:43 AM
Shit, Logan is gonna bust his load everywhere.

:lol:

DethMaiden
10-03-2011, 05:34 AM
Cool to meet you dudes. Show was great, but it sucks that Alcest played so short and Enslaved cut Jotunblod.

EDIT: Grutle high-fived me during Ruun. It was awesome.

larvtard
10-03-2011, 07:37 AM
group pic

brb cumming

daimonos
10-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Well, I got there a little before 6, but chilled outside for whatever reason. Eventually I found Dan (Garagemetal) and we shot the shit for a little bit until JD showed up. Finally we went inside and caught the beginning of Junius's set. They weren't bad, but I really wasn't that interested.

Not long after their set we found Brad and Javier (llama lom). The group of us took up a pretty big chunk of the front right of the stage. I'll admit that I'm not a huge Alcest fan like alot of you guys, but they put on a great show, I think. Percees De Lumiere was the highlight for me, as that's probably my favorite Alcest track. One of these days I'm going to get around to picking up more of their stuff.

Those of you who've been around here awhile know that Enslaved is one of my favorite bands. I'm talking like, Top 4 caliber. So of course, I lost my shit while they were playing. It was incredible to finally see them play longer than 30-45 minutes, and I have to say that for the whole hour and a half they were onstage they tore it up. They all put energy into their live show, especially Grutle and Ice Dale, and like Brad told me the other day, they're so rock n' roll for a black metal band, which is awesome in my eyes. Although there were a couple songs I would have rather seen than some of the songs they played, I can't complain, because you really can't go wrong with Enslaved. The highlights for me would have had to been Ruun, Ground, As Fire Swept Clean the Earth, the encore (Immigrant Song, Isa), and Allfadr Odinn. I'll say that again, Allfadr Odhinn. Holy shit, was that song incredible live. When they were playing that, everyone just lost it, and it was great. I'm not always one to feel like moshing, but I just wanted to freak out while that was on. Their version of the Immigrant Song was awesome as well, and they got a great response of course.

After the show, JD, Javier and his friend and I hung around out front in hopes of catching some members of the band, which we did. Enslaved really are some of the nicest, most respectful musicians in my eyes. They'll talk to fans and hang out all night. It was interesting to talk to Ivar about their current releases and some other stuff, and Cato about drumming, as well reminiscing about the time we spent locked up together for raping pigs. He's a hilarious guy, Cato. Ivar said a new album should be on the way next fall. This is the third time I've met these guys, and they all remembered me once I explained the last time we met, so that was kind of cool. I wish I had my Thorn EP, I definitely would have got that signed.

I'm just hoping they come back soon.

MPF
10-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I will be seeing this show in about 4 hours! :)

adamclark52
10-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Let's see, quick summary of the night:

I got to Bottom Lounge literally five minutes before Alcest got on (I wasn't expecting them to go on until 8ish, but whatever). I met up with a friend of mine there and watched Alcest kick complete ass. I was pretty upset that they didn't play Le Secret (damn you 10 PM curfew! :nag:), but I saw Alcest and inside, I was going complete fanboy. After that I saw JD and went over and met everyone. We talked for a bit then Enslaved come on. I'm not going to lie, I didn't know any of the songs, but regardless, they played an amazing set! The Immigrant Song cover was pretty well done and I loved it. The singer for Enslaved (don't know the name) gave the crowd his Sam Adams, which my buddy managed to grab and I got a sip of. Alas, the show ended. A few of us went over to the merch table and got a picture with Alcest. I noticed afterwards that I got cut out of the picture so I went back in and got another. Neige seems like a cool guy, but I got the sense that he was a little socially awkward. He's still a god to me though. After we hung outside for a couple of hours waiting for the guys from Enslaved to come up. Slowly but surely, they each came out one at a time and we got pictures and the like. By the end, we got a group pic with 4/5 of Enslaved. Overall, pretty goddamn awesome night. I'll get the pics on my phone up sometime tomorrow, most of them are pretty dark so I'll try to fix that.

I noticed that when he was on stage Friday in Toronto. The crowd was going ballistic for them and I don't think he was expecting that at all. When the crowd would go nuts he'd sort of turn his back (embarrassed), look back and give these little grins, like "holy shit, they like us, they really like us".

llama lom
10-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Pics be up, yo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/llamalom/

I still can't believe I got cut out of the group pic. :bouville:

jd091
10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Pics be up, yo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/llamalom/

I still can't believe I got cut out of the group pic. :bouville:

You were in the Enslaved one! :hug: The quality isn't the best on it, but every member is there other than Ivan, who we got pics with earlier.

EDIT: Hell, I'm just gonna post it here so you can all see our beautiful faces.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309661_284187908276313_100000553192109_1058100_765 221966_n.jpg

And that Alcest one... I got to stand next to Neige (who was actually much taller than the small French man I expected)... and I think I exploded in that special part of my pants. :)

dcmetal108
10-03-2011, 12:49 PM
You were in the Enslaved one! :hug: The quality isn't the best on it, but every member is there other than Ivan, who we got pics with earlier.

EDIT: Hell, I'm just gonna post it here so you can all see our beautiful faces.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309661_284187908276313_100000553192109_1058100_765 221966_n.jpg

And that Alcest one... I got to stand next to Neige (who was actually much taller than the small French man I expected)... and I think I exploded in that special part of my pants. :)

And while you guys were there I was 20 minutes away working in a resturant that only had two tables in the course of almost 3 hours!

jd091
10-03-2011, 12:57 PM
MY REVIEW:

Got there around 6:30 when right after the doors were supposed to open, walked it, met Garagemetal and Daimonos and shot the shit for a while. Apparently, Black September had already played :confused:, so Juninus came on pretty soon after around 7. Didn't know any of their songs, but they were great live. I love their style of post rock/metal/doom whatever.

After them, we were like, "OH SHIT IS THAT DETHMAIDEN?!?!?!" :lol: So we went over and talked for a while with him. It was pretty fun meeting you all.

Alcest came on next, and let me tell you, they were incredible. I have a couple complaints with them: They basically played a 35 minute set instead of a 50 minute set, threw in Solar Song instead of Les Iris, and only had 1 song to showcase Neige's screams (Percees). But goddaamn, they played perfectly. I didn't think the sound was bad like people were complaining in past shows. The setlist was a good build-up to Percees de Lumiere, which is absolutely godly live. They were good and all before that, playing the songs that I loved, but when Neige broke out his twisted, almost-horrific and passionate black metal screams, it was incredible. Le Secret would have been sweet to see opening, but their performance as a whole was still great.

Met with Llama Lom after their performance, talked with everyone, discussed the new Mastodon and Opeth albums and whatnot, MDF, etc. Enslaved came on relatively soon after, at around 8:30 I wanna say. Great performance from a band I've been waiting to see for years! The venue was pretty full surprisingly, and they were getting a great response for the crowd. As a whole, they're very professional performers, and know how to work the crowd. Ice Dale would get up in people's faces soloing, running around the stage, and Grutle was great at getting the crowd to chant and fist pump. He was nursing a beer and a glass full of hard liquor the whole concert, too. His facial contortions while screaming are great! Ivar was solid as ever, a very professional performer.

Set-wise, I was very impressed. Since it's my first time seeing them, I loved 'em having Fusion, Fire Swept Clean the Earth, Ruun, Ground, and Isa in there. Heimvegan was AWESOME live, and same with the Immigrant Song. If you're gonna do a cover, that's the way to do it. When they broke out Allfáğr Oğinn, everyone went crazy and we actually had a nice mosh pit going on, which continued for the Immigrant song and Isa. Overall, it was a fun performance. I would have liked to see another couple off of Vertebrae, and it would have been sick to have them keep Jotunblod in there, but it was still pretty perfect.

Like we said, I waited around for a while after with Daimonos and Llama and after about 45 minutes, we caught Enslaved out by their bus. Got to actually spend a decent amount of time talking to them. They were all great to talk to, except for Grutle, who I think was a little too drunk to say anything. :lol:

Oh, and Llama, your one friend is fucking insane.

llama lom
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Oh, and Llama, your one friend is fucking insane.

Yeah he was a bit more crazy last night than usual. He was nowhere near that bad at Amon Amarth.

GarageMetal468
10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Here's the pic of us (minus llama and Brad) with Alcest!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310743_284187934942977_100000553192109_1058101_484 867069_n.jpg

illuminatus917
10-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Neige seems like a cool guy, but I got the sense that he was a little socially awkward.

I tried to talk to him at the show in Columbus and I couldn't even tell if he understood English.

larvtard
10-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Here's the pic of us (minus llama and Brad) with Alcest!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310743_284187934942977_100000553192109_1058101_484 867069_n.jpg

WHO IS WHO

I CAN ONLY RECOGNIZE JOHN

jd091
10-03-2011, 03:52 PM
WHO IS WHO

I CAN ONLY RECOGNIZE JOHN

Garagemetal's in front of me, Daimonos to the far right, Llama lom got cut out, and Llama's crazy friend is in front.

larvtard
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Garagemetal's in front of me, Daimonos to the far right, Llama lom got cut out, and Llama's crazy friend is in front.

lol I could've sworn that was Lincoln in the far right :lol:

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 04:10 PM
You look so excited, JD. :lol:

jd091
10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
You look so excited, JD. :lol:

IT'S MOTHERFUCKIN' NEIGE!

RAZOR
10-03-2011, 04:40 PM
IT'S MOTHERFUCKIN' NEIGE!

Yeah, I'd be excited too. :lovedup:

daimonos
10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
lol I could've sworn that was Lincoln in the far right :lol:

:hmm:

dimmudan
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Nice pictures guys. Here are some pictures from last night's show posted on my flickr account. http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/done/ or http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/ Enjoy.

I was there on the rail at the show just in front of the left box that Grutle and Ice Dale kept standing on top of to solo. Where were you guys standing. Were you on the right side? I was the older dude in the baseball hat and Below The Lights T-shirt. Good show.

I was yelling for Jotunblod but they skipped Frost all together. :mad:

It's funny but when I saw them on the Below the Lights tour they played tons off that album but have all but abandoned it more and more each year now for newer stuff. I get it as the newer catalogue is far more accessible and makes good use of Herbrand's talents which are a great addition to the band.

Another excellent Enslaved show.

Any of you going to Arch Enemy tomorrow or Danzig/Samhain/Misfits/Nachtmystium on Friday?:rocker:

GarageMetal468
10-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Nice pictures guys. Here are some pictures from last night's show posted on my flickr account. http://www.flickr.com/photos/upload/done/ or http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/ Enjoy.

I was there on the rail at the show just in front of the left box that Grutle and Ice Dale kept standing on top of to solo. Where were you guys standing. Were you on the right side? I was the older dude in the baseball hat and Below The Lights T-shirt. Good show.

It's funny but when I saw them on the Below the Lights tour they played tons off that album but have all but abandoned it more and more each year now for newer stuff. I get it as the newer catalogue is far more accessible and makes good use of Herbrand's talents which are a great addition to the band.

Any of you going to Arch Enemy tomorrow or Danzig/Samhain/Misfits/Nachtmystium on Friday?:rocker:

Yeah we were on the right side. I didn't see you though. And nah I'm not going to either one of those shows, but the next one I will be at is the Cro-Mags this Saturday at Reggies. Free show, too!

jd091
10-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Yeah, we were all literally right behind you/to the immediate back left of you. Great show!

I'm actually gonna skip out on Arch Enemy tomorrow since I have too much homework that needs to get done. :( I'll definitely be at Cro-Mags on Saturday. YOU SHOULD COME AND SLAM HARD WITH US :dance:

llama lom
10-03-2011, 10:58 PM

I think I saw you once or twice. Nikon DSLR right?

Nah, I'm too low on cash to go to anymore show for a while. Hopefully I can make it at least to Landmine Marathon later this month.

MPF
10-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I'll post my review from St. Paul tomorrow.

It went amazing but I'm sick as a dog. I'm taking some Vitamin C tablets and going to bed. All the good details tomorrow!

dimmudan
10-04-2011, 05:24 AM
I'm assuming that the Nikon camera was the nice pro looking one. Mine is a relatively cheap Sony Cybershot camera (I didn't even know what brand it was and had to look at it). :horns:

Cro Mags sounds fun. Thanks for the invite. I think I may be too old for 4 metal shows in 6 days. It's sad to say but the pit will probably take its toll on me at Arch Enemy and possibly at Danzig too. We'll see but I'm probably out.

Either way have a blast.

I very much enjoy reading all of your posts.

Solarian13
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
From that setlist, I've calculated that Alcest played about 35 minutes, is that correct?

Also how long did the other bands play, and how long were the set changes? I'm probably going to see this tour tomorrow night, but it's a 2.5 hour drive away so I'd like to get a rough idea of how late it's gonna go. Doors are apparently at 7 for that show so I assume Junius would start around 8.

daimonos
10-05-2011, 06:44 PM
From that setlist, I've calculated that Alcest played about 35 minutes, is that correct?

Also how long did the other bands play, and how long were the set changes? I'm probably going to see this tour tomorrow night, but it's a 2.5 hour drive away so I'd like to get a rough idea of how late it's gonna go. Doors are apparently at 7 for that show so I assume Junius would start around 8.

Enslaved possibly cut out three songs. Slaget I Skogen Bortenfor was written on the setlist, but they haven't played it at any other shows, so they basically cut out two, I guess.

Solarian13
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Alright, thanks, good to know. What time dd your show start, by the way, and what time did Enslaved go on?

DethMaiden
10-05-2011, 08:43 PM
It won't be helpful to you. Bottom Lounge had another show upstairs that night so Enslaved was done at 10 p.m. Ain't gonna happen in your city. :lol:

jd091
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Alright, thanks, good to know. What time dd your show start, by the way, and what time did Enslaved go on?

Every single show I've been to in Chicago that's all-ages gets out at 10 at the latest. Usually its 9:30; I'm surprised this one went so long.

MPF
10-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I feel like making a thread about the St. Paul show is pointless at this point, because this has the most action. But Enslaved got off stage in St. Paul at 11:15. Alcest played 50 minutes.

All the bands were fucking cool. and I hung out the most with Alcest after the show.

Same setlists as the non-Chicago shows as their was no curfew.

jd091
10-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Damn, I would have loved to see a 50 minute Alcest set. Next time, Neige. Next time.

dcmetal108
10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Every single show I've been to in Chicago that's all-ages gets out at 10 at the latest. Usually its 9:30; I'm surprised this one went so long.

Yea same here. Summer Slaughter ended at like 945.

For All Stars Tour though it was all ages and didn't get out until almost 1030.

GarageMetal468
10-06-2011, 01:52 PM
It really depends on the venue. House of Blues shows on weekdays have to be done by 9:30. As a result, they start earlier (HINT HINT BOTTOM LOUNGE). Speaking of which, the Bottom Lounge is all sorts of fucked up with their schedule. Symphony X had to end at 10 when I saw them there, same with this show. However, Immortal was on a Tuesday and got out at midnight, but that was 18+ I believe. Kreator/Voivod got out at midnight as well but that was all ages on a Friday...

Bottom Lounge fucking confuses me :confused:

jd091
10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah, like I've said before, Dillinger got out at 2:00 in the morning there. And the green line was shut down, so that was interesting...

dcmetal108
10-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Yea shows are weird. Mr.Big are 17+ and going out at like 1030 or so while Anvil was also 17+ and didn't get over with until a little after 130am