PDA

View Full Version : Hellfest 2012

brutal_descent
09-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Here’s the list of the first confirmed bands for Hellfest 2012!

LAMB OF GOD - BLUE OYSTER CULT - CHILDREN OF BODOM - TRIVIUM – HATEBREED - DIMMU BORGIR

ABORTED – ALCEST - ALL FOR NOTHING - AMENRA - ANAAL NATHRAKH - AOSOTH – ARCTURUS - ASG - AVULSED - BENEDICTION - COLOUR HAZE - CRASHDIET - DARKSPACE - DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR - THE DEVIL’S BLOOD - DISEMBOWELMENT - DYSE - FROM ASHES RISE - HAEMORRHAGE - HOUR OF PENANCE - IN EXTREMO - MONKEY 3 - NAPALM DEATH - NECROS CHRISTOS - ORANGE GOBLIN - ORANSSI PAZUZU - ROMPEPROP - SOLSTAFIR - SPUDMONSTERS – STRIFE - THOU - UFOMAMMUT - UNEXPECT - VANDERBUYST - VICTIMS - VULTURE INDUSTRIES - WINTERFYLLETH

And more than 100 other bands!!!

Limited amount of tickets on special offer !!!

mankvill
09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
BoC
Alcest
Anaal Nathrakh
Aosoth
Arcturus
Avulsed
Benediction (2 Dave Hunt bands!)
dISEMBOWELMENT (!!!!!!!)
Haemorrhage
Napalm Death
Necros Christos
Oranssi Pazuzu
Rompeprop
Thou

Still one of the best european fests.

MAKIN DA TRIP

ShatteredFlame
09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
- DISEMBOWELMENT -

BOOM!

brutal_descent
09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD

IF ANAAL NATHRAKH, ALCEST, HAEMORRHAGE OR LAMB OF GOD DON'T PLAY GRASPOP THIS YEAR I WILL BE PISSED

mankvill
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
BOOM!

They're also playing Roadburn!

MetalIsArt
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Ufomammut sucks. *runs away*

ShatteredFlame
09-29-2011, 12:15 PM
They're also playing Roadburn!
yeah, but they're called d.USK there, wonder if their back to dISEMBOWELMENT :lol:

Ufomammut sucks. *runs away*
:boxer:

jd091
09-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Goddamn, that's crazy. Lamb of God, Anaal Nathrakh, Hatebreed, and Alcest? Pretty fucking diverse.

jd091
09-29-2011, 12:55 PM
You also didn't bold Death Before Dishonor or From Ashes Rise.

:hmm:

xa123
09-29-2011, 01:02 PM
So happy that I went last year but when I see next year's lineup I'm sad because I don't live in Europe and can't go every year :(

Goddammit dISEMBOWELMENT, Aosoth, Anaal Nathrakh, Napalm Death, Haemorrhage, Necros Christos, Winterfylleth, The Devil's Blood and Ufommammut already!

PS Headliners suck again

ravenheart
09-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Still one of the best european fests.

One of the best European bills. Popular opinion is it's one of the worst fests.

In terms of that bill though, least interesting first announcement they've ever had for me.

mankvill
09-29-2011, 04:49 PM
One of the best European bills. Popular opinion is it's one of the worst fests.

In terms of that bill though, least interesting first announcement they've ever had for me.

yeah, that's what I meant. I've heard bad things about it as well. What specifically have you heard that makes it a bad fest?

masterguy49
09-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Was almost about to go to this last year but couldn't :hecho: Stayed in Paris the whole month I was in France :bouville:

slapguitarer
09-29-2011, 05:09 PM
LAMB OF GOD
BLUE OYSTER CULT
ALCEST
ARCTURUS
ORANGE GOBLIN
THOU
UNEXPECT

Decent start

xa123
09-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Had an absolute blast this year! I couldn't have asked for anything better at Hellfest but there seemed to be a lot of complaints about it this year.

Of course a fest that's going to bring over 80 thousand people is bound to have some complaints.

This year I've read that they want to maybe add a 5th stage? One thing I know for sure is that the festival site is going to be switched to where the camping site was.

hellawaits77ny
09-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Solid lineup. My buddies and I are planning a trip to Europe next year. Trying to coordinate dates where we can see a couple fests.

treghet
09-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Pretty cool lineup! A lot of bands I'd like to see.

ravenheart
09-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Of course a fest that's going to bring over 80 thousand people is bound to have some complaints.

Organisational problems and so forth aside, this is the reason I'll probably never go to Hellfest.

brutal_descent
09-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Organisational problems and so forth aside, this is the reason I'll probably never go to Hellfest.

How many people are usually at Graspop? I can't seem to remember how many people were there last year.

ravenheart
09-30-2011, 03:07 AM
How many people are usually at Graspop? I can't seem to remember how many people were there last year.

I thought their capacity was 40-50,000?

brutal_descent
09-30-2011, 03:32 AM
I thought their capacity was 40-50,000?

Is that good or bad for a festival? :confused:

ravenheart
09-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Is that good or bad for a festival? :confused:

Depends on your point of view.

brutal_descent
09-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Depends on your point of view.

Well, the crowd at Graspop this year didn't really ruin anything for me, so I'm assuming it's okay.

ravenheart
09-30-2011, 03:55 AM
Fair enough.

slapguitarer
11-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Acid King Confirmed to play Hellfest 2012!

From their facebook.

mankvill
11-25-2011, 02:24 PM
complete updated list:

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2391/bands.gif

Dextrimental
11-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Hopefully get some of these for Graspop!

brutal_descent
11-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Hopefully get some of these for Graspop!

✔ August Burns Red
✔ Emmure
✔ Nasum
✔ Black Sabbath
✔ Sacred Reich
✔ Lamb Of God
✔ Dimmu Borgir
✔ Trivium
✔ Amon Amarth
✔ Children Of Bodom
✔ Death Angel
✔ Whitechapel
✔ The Spudmonsters
✔ Winterfylleth

slapguitarer
11-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Last year's line-up had more bands I wanted to see, but this year is awesome as as well. I'd go just for Sabbath and Alcest alone.

Dextrimental
11-25-2011, 03:15 PM
✔ August Burns Red
✔ Emmure
✔ Nasum
✔ Black Sabbath
✔ Sacred Reich
✔ Lamb Of God
✔ Dimmu Borgir
✔ Trivium
✔ Amon Amarth
✔ Children Of Bodom
✔ Death Angel
✔ Whitechapel
✔ The Spudmonsters
✔ Winterfylleth

With any luck, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Cannibal Corpse, Devil Driver and Gama Bomb will get added!

ImmortalEmperor
11-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I've gone the last two years and think that, thus far, this is the weakest line-up of the three. Still, there are several bands I'd like to see. Have to wait for the last announcement before making a final decision but, at this point, it looks like a pass for me...

mankvill
11-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I've gone the last two years and think that, thus far, this is the weakest line-up of the three. Still, there are several bands I'd like to see. Have to wait for the last announcement before making a final decision but, at this point, it looks like a pass for me...

Really? This might be my favorite line-up they've ever had.

xStructualDefect
11-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Damn good lineup.

treghet
11-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Holy fuck that lineup is atrocious. And Manks, what the hell are you smoking?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2AZJuo5NAHA/TP5uYkUopEI/AAAAAAAAN6o/EDumLPsHG3U/s1600/hellfest%2B2011%2B1.JPG

mankvill
11-25-2011, 07:25 PM
Holy fuck that lineup is atrocious. And Manks, what the hell are you smoking?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2AZJuo5NAHA/TP5uYkUopEI/AAAAAAAAN6o/EDumLPsHG3U/s1600/hellfest%2B2011%2B1.JPG

I'm into it more for the smaller bands. But yeah, last year was amazing too

slapguitarer
11-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Holy fuck that lineup is atrocious.

What the fuck are you smoking, good sir?

Sure, this year isn't as impressive, but there are plenty of great bands.

Black Sabbath
Lamb of God
Blue Oyster Cult
Amon Amarth
Acid King
Alcest
Death Angel
Enslaved
Exodus
Pentagram
Saint Vitus
Yob
Arcturus
Orange Goblin
Thou
Unexpect

Oh, and did I mention BLACK FUCKING SABBATH?

Yeah, atrocious. :tp:

treghet
11-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah, having Black Sabbath headline is great. But to be completely honest, I've never cared for them. Yeah, I've sinned against the metal gods or something. You are right about there being some great bands on the lineup, but my gripe is with the mainstage ones. Here's the list of mainstage bands I would like to see this year versus last year.

Children of Bodom

Last year:

Judas Priest
Scorpions
Opeth
Coroner
Kreator
Sodom
Mayhem
Bolt Thrower

BTW - Bolt Thrower. Fucking Bolt Thrower. 'Nough said.

slapguitarer
11-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah, having Black Sabbath headline is great. But to be completely honest, I've never cared for them. Yeah, I've sinned against the metal gods or something. You are right about there being some great bands on the lineup, but my gripe is with the mainstage ones. Here's the list of mainstage bands I would like to see this year versus last year.

Children of Bodom

Last year:

Judas Priest
Scorpions
Opeth
Coroner
Kreator
Sodom
Mayhem
Bolt Thrower

BTW - Bolt Thrower. Fucking Bolt Thrower. 'Nough said.

You have a point there, I guess.

mankvill
11-25-2011, 08:14 PM
>doesn't care for Black Sabbath
>seeing Kreayshawn

i don't even know man :hecho:

treghet
11-25-2011, 08:22 PM
>doesn't care for Black Sabbath
>seeing Kreayshawn

i don't even know man :hecho:

And I don't care for Cannibal Corpse. Come at me bro.

slapguitarer
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
And I don't care for Cannibal Corpse. Come at me bro.

I'm with you there.

ravenheart
11-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Apart from Sabbath, already got the bands I care most about from this list for SRF.

In fact, of all the ones SRF doesn't (yet) have, I'd only take Saint Vitus and Sabbath.

Still, Hellfest do usually spread the quality throughout all three announcements, so the next one could well have some gems in it. Don't be surprised if COB are a headliner, though.

electrocute1031
11-27-2011, 12:27 PM
What the fuck are you smoking, good sir?

Sure, this year isn't as impressive, but there are plenty of great bands.

Black Sabbath
Lamb of God
Blue Oyster Cult
Amon Amarth
Acid King
Alcest
Death Angel
Enslaved
Exodus
Pentagram
Saint Vitus
Yob
Arcturus
Orange Goblin
Thou
Unexpect

Oh, and did I mention BLACK FUCKING SABBATH?

Yeah, atrocious. :tp:

That's an insanely good lineup, if I had the cash I wouldn't think twice about going. I can see why some people wouldn't be into it though, however i'm sure more people will be happy once they announce more bands, I've never seen a bad Hellfest lineup.

Someguy89
02-03-2012, 06:47 AM
http://www.hellfest.fr/artistes

Can you say HOLY FUCKING SHIT ? :eek:

That lineup is totally insane.. I wish I could go :mad:

Dextrimental
02-03-2012, 07:09 AM
The major problem with Hellfest is you'll only see half of the bands you want, with a line up that full the clashes are ridiculous, last year Coroner and Triptykon clashed, for example.

Someguy89
02-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeah I understand, but you still have the opportunity to see other bands that you wont see often in north america for exemple. Like Cannibal Corpse, yes they are awesome but they tour every year so you can go check another band instead. But of course nothing is perfect, it's still one of the best festivals for metalheads.

Dextrimental
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Yeah I understand, but you still have the opportunity to see other bands that you wont see often in north america for exemple. Like Cannibal Corpse, yes they are awesome but they tour every year so you can go check another band instead. But of course nothing is perfect, it's still one of the best festivals for metalheads.

This is true, the European festival circuit leaves very little to be desired in terms of who you would like to see, especially if you go to them a few years on the trot. This year will be my fourth Graspop, and it's looking like it will tick off another batch of bands I feel I need to see!

ravenheart
02-03-2012, 07:29 AM
it's still one of the best festivals for metalheads.

Only on paper. The reality is you'll only see a fraction of it. And not a big fraction either.

It was passable when it was four stages (although clashing bands who blatantly have the same fanbase like Coroner and Triptykon is amateurish in the extreme), but this year they've put it on six stages. You've got no chance of seeing most of those bands.

illuminatus917
02-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I've always been aware of that, but when do they announce the stage times/running order? And is it possible to buy tickets after they've announced that? If so, it'd be possible to assess its worth before blindly buying tickets.

ravenheart
02-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I've always been aware of that, but when do they announce the stage times/running order? And is it possible to buy tickets after they've announced that? If so, it'd be possible to assess its worth before blindly buying tickets.

Usually around May. I would expect that by that time the four-day tickets are sold out but some one-day ones remain. You'll struggle to find well priced flights that close to the event though, and the campsite and local hotels could well be full as well.