PDA

View Full Version : The Chariot

kommie
09-29-2011, 09:22 AM
does anyone here like this band? I know they're in that sort of Dillinger Escape Plan genre, who I think are ok, but seriously, The Chariot sounds like nothing but noise. and when I saw them open for Gojira, it seemed like they found a buncha bum looking hipster kids and said, " hey, take these instruments, make noise, and we'll give you a record deal. Hey, wait, take this megaphone too, it'll make even more noise."

larvtard
09-29-2011, 09:43 AM
they sound almost exactly like Every Time I Die, so they're awesome :rocker: How old are you, anyway? THIS sounds like noise to you? Ever listened to any grindcore? :lol:

christopher
09-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Apparently you haven't heard this terrible band

Bastard Noise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UevtHR0p64&feature=related)

mankvill
09-29-2011, 10:15 AM
They get loads more shit than they should. Their vocalist is the original vocalist of Norma Jean who sang on their first amazing album.

kommie
09-29-2011, 10:17 AM
they sound almost exactly like Every Time I Die, so they're awesome :rocker: How old are you, anyway? THIS sounds like noise to you? Ever listened to any grindcore? :lol:

I like Grindcore, but The Chariot is just noise.

and manks I am aware the singer is the original Norma Jean singer, but they're not my thing.

mankvill
09-29-2011, 10:22 AM
I like Grindcore, but The Chariot is just noise.

and manks I am aware the singer is the original Norma Jean singer, but they're not my thing.

Guess you don't like totes cool old-school real chaotic metalcore :mad:

larvtard
09-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Then you're just using "noise" as a term for something you don't like. I don't like Whitechapel, but they're not noise. Grindcore is the closest you're ever gonna get to "noise" (and I fucking love grind).

kommie
09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't like Whitechapel either, but wouldn't consider them noise like The Chariot.

mankvill
09-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Then you're just using "noise" as a term for something you don't like. I don't like Whitechapel, but they're not noise. Grindcore is the closest you're ever gonna get to "noise" (and I fucking love grind).

Actually, noise is the closest you're gonna get to noise.

And I'd much rather listen to Melt-Banana or Masonna before Whitechapel :D

mastodon421
09-29-2011, 11:18 AM
The Chariot is pretty bad now. Their first record was alright, but that's about it.

jd091
09-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Guess you don't like totes cool old-school real chaotic metalcore :mad:

^

I don't see how people dislike that style.

idrinkwine732
09-29-2011, 12:10 PM
As a person who has a distaste for the music they like, I'd like to say that the Chariot are one of the best live bands I've seen.

adamclark52
09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
I think they're really good. Live I had no idea what to expect when I saw them opening for Gojira, but I have a facination with feedback so I enjoyed it. On album their songs can mostly sound the same. The songs that do stand out (the City, Teach, Giveth) are really cool. I really enjoyed the Wars and Rumors of Wars album, the Long Live album got a lot of praise but I found it was full of those songs that all sound the same.

I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like them though.