Motorhead
KISS
Rush
Deep Purple
Judas Priest

*sigh*

ChildrenofSodom
09-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Brad and I were just talking about this on Sunday. The Beastie Boys? Are you fucking kidding?

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 05:26 AM
I gotta ask, who the fuck are The Spinners and Laura Nyro?

Statutory-Mike
09-27-2011, 05:40 AM
was alice cooper even inducted yet?

Maidenmagic
09-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Purple, Rush, Priest, and Maiden all deserve a spot. They've accomplished a lot more than the nominees (Especially Guns n roses.) Kate Bush also deserves a nominee. (In my opinion, the greatest female singer/songwriter of all time.) Whoever nominated The beastie boys should be shot.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 05:57 AM
was alice cooper even inducted yet?

This year, along with Neil Diamond, Dr. John, John Waits and Darlene Love.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Purple, Rush, Priest, and Maiden all deserve a spot. They've accomplished a lot more than the nominees (Especially Guns n roses.) Kate Bush also deserves a nominee. (In my opinion, the greatest female singer/songwriter of all time.) Whoever nominated The beastie boys should be shot.

There's a massive list of people who should be in there.

Johnny Winter
Rainbow
Scorpions
Dio
Freddie King
Anvil
Frank Sinatra
Journey

etc., etc.

Of the nominees, yeah, most of them haven't really accomplished much. The most deserving is easily GN'R and The Faces.

cradle_of_maiden
09-27-2011, 06:34 AM
As much as it isn't metal, I'd like to see the Cure get inducted out of all the other bands. And if Purple ever does get inducted, I wouldn't count on Blackmore showing up or playing at all cuz of how much of a twat he is.

Indestructible
09-27-2011, 06:56 AM
There's a massive list of people who should be in there.

Johnny Winter
Rainbow
Scorpions
Dio
Freddie King
Anvil
Frank Sinatra
Journey

etc., etc.

Why would Anvil be inducted?

ShatteredFlame
09-27-2011, 07:03 AM
As much as it isn't metal, I'd like to see the Cure get inducted out of all the other bands.

yet it's funny how much metal bands I find that were inspired by The Cure. Even black metal bands.

And they deserve to win out of everyone there.b

cradle_of_maiden
09-27-2011, 07:15 AM
yet it's funny how much metal bands I find that were inspired by The Cure. Even black metal bands.

And they deserve to win out of everyone there.b

Yes the Cure are definitely one of my guilty pleasures.

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 07:22 AM
The Spinners and The Cure belong there. Maybe GnR too.

Don't really care about the rest. The whole thing is a joke anyway.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 07:31 AM
The whole thing is a joke anyway.

It's not that bad really. When you look at the full list of inductees, there's barely anyone in there who doesn't deserve to be.

It's just that in recent years some major bands have been consistently ignored, so everyone says "it's all a joke" every year. Actually, throughout its history, it's done a good job of recognising those who deserve it. Short memories, and all that.

MetalIsArt
09-27-2011, 07:32 AM
GNR, RHCP & The Cure should be in it.

But...

Motörhead (Kilmister, Dee, Campbell, Clark, Taylor)?
Kiss (Stanley, Simmons, Frehley, Criss, maybe Carr, Thayer & Singer too)?
Iron Maiden (Dickinson, Harris, Murray, Smith, Gers, Mcbrain, maybe Burr & Di'Anno too)?

Journey, Deep Puprle, Glenn Hughes,...

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Kiss (Stanley, Simmons, Frehley, Criss, maybe Carr, Thayer & Singer too)?

Bruce Kulick says "fuck you".

cradle_of_maiden
09-27-2011, 07:45 AM
It's not that bad really. When you look at the full list of inductees, there's barely anyone in there who doesn't deserve to be.

It's just that in recent years some major bands have been consistently ignored, so everyone says "it's all a joke" every year. Actually, throughout its history, it's done a good job of recognising those who deserve it. Short memories, and all that.

I think people think it's a joke because Eddie Trunk tells them it is.

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 07:57 AM

You're right, throughout most of its history they've made good decisions. But today it's a joke. Not just because of who's being ignored, but because of who isn't.

The Beastie Boys? Really?

Other past nominees include LL Cool J and Afrika Bambaataa. :eyes: WTF.

Sanitarium78
09-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Of the nominees, yeah, most of them haven't really accomplished much. The most deserving is easily GN'R and The Faces.

I agree about GN'R being the most deserving on the list. I think Heart is derserving to when you look at their album sales in the US and longevity. Rush being ignored isn't surprising even though they are the most worthy of anyone to be inducted.

Do you seriously think Eddie Trunk has that much influence or that many people actually give a damn what he says? People knew this place was a joke long before Eddie Trunk started telling the world on That Metal Show every week.

cradle_of_maiden
09-27-2011, 08:09 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think some of the nominees are ridiculous. Hip Hop artists shouldn't even be considered for the ROCK and ROLL hall of fame. I believe they are only considered because it is an acredited institution and if they started a hip hop hall of fame if would A: Take time to make it credible, B: People would think they are only doing it because the rock genre has a hall of fame so they are only doing it to be nitpicky, and C: The same 5 or 6 people would get inducted every year cuz they all rip each other off anyway, not to mention what they rip off from rock and metal artists.

cradle_of_maiden
09-27-2011, 08:10 AM
I agree about GN'R being the most deserving on the list. I think Heart is derserving to when you look at their album sales in the US and longevity. Rush being ignored isn't surprising even though they are the most worthy of anyone to be inducted.

Do you seriously think Eddie Trunk has that much influence or that many people actually give a damn what he says? People knew this place was a joke long before Eddie Trunk started telling the world on That Metal Show every week.

Yes

BlackmoreOfBowling
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Heart
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
The Small Faces/Faces
War
Donovan

Good choices.

Beastie Boys
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Bleh.

Laura Nyro
The Spinners
The Cure

Indifferent.

Guns N' Roses

*facepalm*

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 08:48 AM

The internet tells them it is. Just like the internet tells people GN'R shouldn't be on there, despite being the most successful band in the list.

And yes, in recent years there have been some silly nominations, but how many of the stupid ones get in?

Personally, I think the nomination lists are rigged so that there are only about three clearly viable candidates on them each year.

Imagine if the list were Rush, KISS, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Guns N' Roses, Motorhead and Judas Priest or something. They've got to choose three from that? Come on.

Sometime all the missing bands will get in, but they'll be on separate nominee lists in different years.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Just like the internet tells people GN'R shouldn't be on there, despite being the most successful band in the list.

*facepalm*

:tp:

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Most of them will probably continue to be avoided until band members start dying off.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I think what's actually happening is other bands are becoming eligible each year that they'd rather put in.

I'm surprised Bon Jovi aren't in yet.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Apparently there are some other nominees:

Donna Summer
Rufus & Chaka Kahn
Freddie King :rocker:
Eric B. & Rakim

Five get inducted, so mine would be Guns N' Roses, The Small Faces/The Faces, Freddie King, Heart and The Cure.

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Donna Summer ;)

TonyD
09-27-2011, 09:42 AM
My mom literally yelled and woke up the whole house because she found out about Heart at 7 this morning, guess she didn't realize it was just a nomination.

Anvil
Frank Sinatra

:lol: hold up now

mankvill
09-27-2011, 09:55 AM
My prediction:

Heart
The Cure
War
Donna Summer

daimonos
09-27-2011, 10:10 AM
I guess I'm crazy because I remember Heart getting in or something the same year that Sabbath did?

mankvill
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I guess I'm crazy because I remember Heart getting in or something the same year that Sabbath did?

That was Blondie

TonyD
09-27-2011, 10:40 AM

They were in VH1 rock honors, kind of a big FU to the HOF.

imanidiot777
09-27-2011, 11:04 AM
The only bands on this list that deserve to be in there are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns 'N Roses, and The Cure.... I think someone else already said that.

Even though I am mostly a heavy metal lover I absolutely love RHCP, especially their older more funky stuff. They are an amazing group of musicians.

Fe Maiden
09-27-2011, 11:51 AM
The fact that none of these are in there makes the whole thing a sham!

Iron Maiden
Motorhead
KISS
Rush
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
Journey

If GnR gets in it proves the whole thing is just f*cked up!

Maiden33
09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Wow... Anvil actually came up as a serious thought? How do you justify that?

Maiden33
09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
The fact that none of these are in there makes the whole thing a sham!

Iron Maiden
Motorhead
KISS
Rush
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
Journey

Don't forget Thin Lizzy, who are also not in it.

MetalIsArt
09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Don't forget the "man on the silver mountain"...

But as even Madonna can get in...

mankvill
09-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Don't forget the "man on the silver mountain"...

But as even Madonna can get in...

Well technically he got in with Sabbath

NickLed19
09-27-2011, 02:16 PM
I really hope GNR gets in, just to see what happens.

TonyD
09-27-2011, 02:23 PM
I really hope GNR gets in, just to see what happens.

That would be interesting

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Well technically he got in with Sabbath

Actually, he didn't. When they do bands they usually specify a certain era/lineup. Only Ozzy was honored.

JRA
09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Why would Anvil be inducted?

I gotta agree with Conspiracy McAlexJonesballsinmouth. Anvil suck. There's a reason they never got big/all that depressing shit happened to them in that movie: their music sucked. Sure they might have been one of the bands who had the revolutionary ideas of speed and thrash metal, but unlike Venom and Motorhead, they weren't able to translate those ideas into good songwriting.

And LOL at Frank Sinatra not being in the hall. I figured he would have been grandfathered in at the first ceremony.

You know, I used to be like Eddie Trunk and whine and bitch about the Hall for many years, but then someone pointed something out to me; the fact that the R&RHOF committee is the biggest group of square faggots on the planet. Thus basically any entity that they approve of makes that entity lose all credibility, and gives the bands that they don't approve of major credibility. Therefore Kiss, Rush, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Iron Maiden etc. etc. are all cooler than AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Metallica, any other band that is in the hall of fame (and I don't even listen to Thin Lizzy). The only exception to this rule is the Sex Pistols, mainly because they wrote a note telling the hall to go fuck itself and refusing to show up. That's pretty much the most rock & roll thing you can do. Ironic considering that in their prime, the Sex Pistols were the phoniest band on the planet (real punk started with the Stooges and The Ramones).

So I guess Frank not being in the hall means he's just as cool as all those Italian-heritage-embracing-sacks of-faggot college kids aged 18-25 claim he is.

NickLed19
09-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Since Eddie Trunk hates the R&R Hall of Fame so much, I like them. Anything he hates I like, just because that dude is a fat douche.

JRA
09-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Eddie Trunk, flaws and all > 75% of you losers.

Also, I'm probably one of the only people on the planet who isn't bothered by hip hop artists being in the hall of fame.

Here's the thing folks, to baby boomer america, rock & roll is a colloquialism for all music, not just a guitar, bass, & drums outfit. You can debate all you want on how they should just call it something else like the "Music Hall of Fame" but that's never going to happen. As far as I'm concerned, Eric. B & Rakim, Grandmaster Flash and the Beastie Boys are just as important to the world of music as any metal band.

HOWFUCKINGEVER, that still does not give them the excuse to alienate metal and punk like they have been doing since it's inception. If you can't see why Johnny Cash, Minor Threat, Judas Priest, The Wu-Tang Clan, Pink Floyd, and Sam Cooke are all equally important to the world of music, you are a twat.

NickLed19
09-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Eddie Trunk only likes 80's metal/hard rock. Thats all the music he listens to, according to everything he says. Why does that make him better than anyone on here. Dude has his own tv and radio show, and does not know shit about music besides UFO and Kiss.

JRA
09-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Actually I suppose you could argue Van Halen is exempt from that rule too, considering the members who matter, DLR, Eddie and Alex, didn't even show up, and the two least important members, Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony did.

So I guess DLR-era Van Halen is exempt too.

Eddie Trunk only likes 80's metal/hard rock. Thats all the music he listens to, according to everything he says. Why does that make him better than anyone on here. Dude has his own tv and radio show, and does not know shit about music besides UFO and Kiss.

Add Judas Priest, Dio and Iron Maiden to that. and considering any other metal personality on TV didn't know shit about music other than Slipknot, System of A Down, Hatebreed and Metallica, Eddie is at least a step in the right direction.

TonyD
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM

That's my gripe with That Metal Show. You hardly ever heard any modern bands mentioned other than shit like Danko Jones and Rhino Bucket.

El Gordo
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM
I skimmed through the last five pages and came to this conclusion:

"Who gives a shit?"

JRA
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM
It's Vh1 Classic! If they mentioned any modern bands they'd be doing it wrong!

And again, considering any other metal show would be embarrassed and feel like they're lowering themselves in order to talk about Maiden or Priest, I'd rather have a show like That Metal Show, flawed as it may be, be the dominant show.

Especially considering we had to deal with 6 or so years of fucking Mistress Juliya, Jamey Jasta and other mall meta-core atonal bullshit.

and Jamey ended up being on That Metal Show anyway! :tp:

NickLed19
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
That's my gripe with That Metal Show. You hardly ever heard any modern bands mentioned other than shit like Danko Jones and Rhino Bucket.

Eddie has said that he does not really like modern metal....well of course besides Buckcherry and Danko Jones. HAHA

mankvill
09-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Actually, he didn't. When they do bands they usually specify a certain era/lineup. Only Ozzy was honored.

Really? I thought all members of Metallica made it in.

NickLed19
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Really? I thought all members of Metallica made it in.

Besides Dave.

RAZOR
09-27-2011, 03:17 PM
It's Vh1 Classic! If they mentioned any modern bands they'd be doing it wrong!

In this seasons opening episode the guys answered some questions sent in from viewers, and one of them was why they never talk about modern bands much or at all. Eddie said it was the network's doing, since it's VH1 Classic, they are limited on bands they can talk about or have on the show to fit with the 'classic' name.

mankvill
09-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Besides Dave.

If I remember correctly, the members who are inducted have to have played on at least one studio album release. Dave never did that.

JRA
09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I think we all should look up Ron McGovney's current whereabouts, and leave an envelope with 5 dollars in it.

Maiden33
09-27-2011, 03:40 PM
It bothers me that UFO are starting to carry a negative reputation because of Eddie Trunk and how much he loves them. They're not the saviors of all music like he claims they are, and he is an arrogant, clueless blowhard about a lot of things - but the truth of the matter is that UFO are/were an outstanding Melodic Rock outfit that are truly deserving of most any accolade you've ever heard for them. 70's Rock music doesn't really get much better.

Hangar19
09-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm really looking forward to the ceremony this year. Looks like a great group of nominees!

BloodoftheKings
09-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Nominees:

Beastie Boys
Guns N' Roses
Heart
The Small Faces/Faces
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Laura Nyro
Donovan
The Spinners
The Cure
War
Freddie King
Rufus & Chaka Kahn
Eric B. & Rakim
Donna Summer

These.

ShatteredFlame
09-27-2011, 04:16 PM
haha Eric B & Rakim look so random, as least Beastie Boys are still relevant.

in other news The Cure are playing their first 3 albums 3 times in NYC plus encores :eek: Totally going.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Wow... Anvil actually came up as a serious thought? How do you justify that?

I gotta agree with Conspiracy McAlexJonesballsinmouth. Anvil suck. There's a reason they never got big/all that depressing shit happened to them in that movie: their music sucked. Sure they might have been one of the bands who had the revolutionary ideas of speed and thrash metal, but unlike Venom and Motorhead, they weren't able to translate those ideas into good songwriting.

Seriously, none of you retards realised I threw them in amongst a list of viable candidates as a joke?

They don't specify a certain line-up, but I'm not really sure who they do decide on it. For example, with Metallica, it was Hetfield, Hammett, Ulrich, Trujillo, Newsted and Burton. But with Sabbath it was only Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward.

Honeslty, I thought you were old enough to know better than this.

Maidenmagic
09-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I like Anvil. The artists I mentioned earlier are probably never going to get in. I'm okay with that now. We love and support our favorite artists. They love us. That's all that really matters.

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 04:59 PM
I like Anvil. The artists I mentioned earlier are probably never going to get in. I'm okay with that now. We love and support our favorite artists. They love us. That's all that really matters.

They only love those of you who buy music. The rest of you can die ;)

Maiden33
09-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Seriously, none of you retards realised I threw them in amongst a list of viable candidates as a joke?

I think some of your opinions are so off the wall and crazy that it didn't even cross my mind that you were joking.:tongue:

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
It bothers me that UFO are starting to carry a negative reputation because of Eddie Trunk and how much he loves them. They're not the saviors of all music like he claims they are, and he is an arrogant, clueless blowhard about a lot of things - but the truth of the matter is that UFO are/were an outstanding Melodic Rock outfit that are truly deserving of most any accolade you've ever heard for them. 70's Rock music doesn't really get much better.

This is cool because I just bought a 5CD box set of some of the UFO albums I don't yet have.

UFO make the rest of you look gay ;)

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I think some of your opinions are so off the wall and crazy that it didn't even cross my mind that you were joking.:tongue:

You need to look out for the reasoned ones. The ones with no reasoning are jokes, power metal boy ;)

I considered making the joke far more subtle, but decided to throw something blatant in so everyone would get it. I guess I over-estimated you all ;)

Epidemic Reign
09-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I considered making the joke far more subtle, but decided to throw something blatant in so everyone would get it. I guess I over-estimated you all ;)

It's because we're Americans :finger:

ravenheart
09-27-2011, 05:07 PM
It's because we're Americans :finger:

That's always my conclusion ;)

JRA
09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
haha Eric B & Rakim look so random, at least the Beastie Boys are still relevant

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU IN THE ASS

Seriously, if you say that in front of any rapper, your ass will be shot and sodomized (not necessarily in that order). Shit you could say that in front of Jay-Z or Kanye West and they'd still do that to you, and have enough money to reanimate Johnny Cochran's corpse, defend them in court, and get away with your murder Scott free.

Sep69, back me up on this.

I give UFO endless credit for being an inspiration to Maiden. But otherwise I'm pretty ambivalent about them. I'll probably get around to listening to Thin Lizzy before them.

ShatteredFlame
09-27-2011, 05:39 PM
:lol: I love Paid In Full too.

Sanitarium78
09-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I wonder why some people are against GnR being nominated and possibly getting in? I guess they must be too young or have forgotten about the impact they had on the music world in the late 80s and early 90s. They took over the entire world at that time and were the most popular rock band on the planet for a few years after the Use Your Illusions were released.

The band only had three studio albums and they were headlining stadiums on their own in some areas and they sold out every arena they played in to. They are indeed worthy of getting in and far more deserving then some of the garbage that's been inducted in the hall already.

makethemsuffer12
09-27-2011, 08:33 PM

Yeah, the guy openly likes Fozzy for Christ's sake...

AnthG
09-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not the biggest RHCP fan, but out of all the bands on the nominee list, they deserve to get in the most. I mean, at least far more than Guns and roses.

BloodoftheKings
09-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I wonder why some people are against GnR being nominated and possibly getting in? I guess they must be too young or have forgotten about the impact they had on the music world in the late 80s and early 90s. They took over the entire world at that time and were the most popular rock band on the planet for a few years after the Use Your Illusions were released.

The band only had three studio albums and they were headlining stadiums on their own in some areas and they sold out every arena they played in to. They are indeed worthy of getting in and far more deserving then some of the garbage that's been inducted in the hall already.

I just don't like their music.

mankvill
09-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm not the biggest RHCP fan, but out of all the bands on the nominee list, they deserve to get in the most. I mean, at least far more than Guns and roses.

you are hhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg ggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if you think RHCP or GnR deserve it above Heart or Joan Jett.

jd091
09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
OMG LOOK ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT RUSH

mankvill
09-27-2011, 09:59 PM
OMG LOOK ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT RUSH

The one band everyone should be pissed about not being in the HoF.

jd091
09-27-2011, 10:26 PM
The amount of fucks I used to give about the HoF ran out long ago. Growing up around Cleveland, it used to be awesome to visit it when I was first discovering the music I loved, and how I got to stare at a guitar that Kirk Hammett played for about an hour straight. That was awesome.

After the 3rd trip, though, it really bored the hell out of me. And you realize how stupid it really is.

AnthG
09-27-2011, 11:52 PM
you are hhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggg ggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if you think RHCP or GnR deserve it above Heart or Joan Jett.

I assure you...I am not high.

MetalIsArt
09-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Anvil? Yes, they've made a hugely succesful movie, most people saw it out of pity, but after 1983 they didn't mean anything musically.

So far, the hardrock/heavy metal-bands that have been inducted are:

Metallica
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Alice Cooper

And that's pretty much it, right?

Dextrimental
09-28-2011, 03:10 AM
Guns N Roses definitely deserve a spot, so hopefully they get it.

ravenheart
09-28-2011, 03:16 AM

Clearly not. RCHP have effectively done nothing.

Dextrimental
09-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Clearly not. RCHP have effectively done nothing.

As much as I love them, all they did was popularize funk music, and even then most of their fans only listen to them when it comes to funk.

ravenheart
09-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Did they even do that? I mean, there are hardly swathes of people picking up Bootsy Collins records because of RHCP.

Dextrimental
09-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Did they even do that? I mean, there are hardly swathes of people picking up Bootsy Collins records because of RHCP.

As I said, most of their fans stop at them when it comes to funk, and then call themselves funk fans. I have a few friends who were in a funk band in school who worship RCHP and know their funk, but almost everyone else I know who likes RHCP say they like funk and the Chilis are the only band they really know who do it.

ravenheart
09-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Used to do it.

The Bombastic Meatbats are better anyway ;)

Dextrimental
09-28-2011, 05:40 AM
Used to do it.

The Bombastic Meatbats are better anyway ;)

Definitely.

AnthG
09-28-2011, 07:56 AM
They've had a number of albums that have been successful, well received, and highly influential. I mean, if we're talking about the influence that GnR had, what about the influence that RHCP had on the numetal bands? A lot of that stuff may not have existed (for better or for worse) if it wasn't for them. GnR were nothing more than a flash in the pan for like what, 4-5 years? RHCP have been largely successful consistently since the late 80s. And as much as everyone wants to just look at music and influence and stuff, commercial success needs to be a big factor as well.

Epidemic Reign
09-28-2011, 08:02 AM
All musical tastes aside, I really don't see how RHCP holds a candle to GnR's caliber of influence and success.

Sanitarium78
09-28-2011, 09:02 AM
You can sure make a good case for RHCP being worthy of induction. I wouldn't be surprised if they get in and I wouldn't have a problem with it. GNR may have been a "flash in the pan" as far as some are conserned but at their highest point of success they were way more popular than RHCP was at theirs.

GNR's time may have been short but they made the most of it and accomplished more in seven years than a lot of bands who have been together for decades. Even if you don't like them their success deserves respect.

The_jman
09-28-2011, 09:10 AM
You can sure make a good case for RHCP being worthy of induction. I wouldn't be surprised if they get in and I wouldn't have a problem with it. GNR may have been a "flash in the pan" as far as some are conserned but at their highest point of success they were way more popular than RHCP was at theirs.

GNR's time may have been short but they made the most of it and accomplished more in seven years than a lot of bands who have been together for decades. Even if you don't like them their success deserves respect.
This...

plus, have you guys ever listened to a classic rock radio station? you will find that GNR are played all the time, at least around here, and the chilly peppers, they play what, 5, 6 songs maybe? 3 of which are on californacation.

Sanitarium78
09-28-2011, 09:16 AM
This...

plus, have you guys ever listened to a classic rock radio station? you will find that GNR are played all the time, at least around here, and the chilly peppers, they play what, 5, 6 songs maybe? 3 of which are on californacation.

That's another reason GNR was so successful. Not only did they have the young rock/metal fans but a lot of older people who mainly listen to classic rock were into them to. They crossed over genres and multiple generations of fans as good as any band ever has.

imanidiot777
09-28-2011, 10:09 AM
All musical tastes aside, I really don't see how RHCP holds a candle to GnR's caliber of influence and success.

You do have a point there, maybe my own bias against Axel got in the way. I went and looked up just album sales and you are correct:

RHCP are approximately 50 million records sold while Guns 'N Roses is over 100 million. Most artists with over 100 million are already in the HOF (Although Brittany Spears isn't and I pray she never, EVER, gets there).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

velvetgrass
09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Yes it's incredibly lame that Kiss and Iron Maiden were once again left out. But, Red Hot Chili Peppers? They're not lame! Guns N Roses aren't lame either. But if they get inducted, which I doubt, who would accept the award? Axl and the current GNR lineup, Slash Duff and Matt (or Steven?), or would they actually reunite and embrace that moment for an induction? Yes I know it's very unlikely they'll be inducted if Kiss and Iron Maiden weren't and even more unlikely that the original reunite or embrace for any moment. But Pink Floyd got back together w/Roger Waters in 2005 for the London Live 8 show and Led Zeppelin with John Bonham's son on Drums for that 2007 London show. So it's not impossible. But I'm sure the R&R Hall Of Fame will fuck this up like they've done with a lot of good bands before we can even consider induction.

MetalIsArt
09-29-2011, 01:41 AM

True.

MPF
09-29-2011, 01:59 AM
The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is like MTV...Who gives a fuck anymore?

MetalIsArt
09-29-2011, 03:22 AM
The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is like MTV...Who gives a fuck anymore?

MTV, does that still exist? ;)