PDA

View Full Version : Ihsahn -- Atlanta, GA -- September 17th, 2011

MPF
09-18-2011, 11:33 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/299639_10150377985153888_824253887_7864385_2030528 219_n.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Epidemic Reign
09-18-2011, 11:35 PM
The Tongue of Fire :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

jd091
09-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Fucking Christ, THAT SET. I would kill to see Ihsahn live.

Akumu
09-19-2011, 12:09 AM
I WAS THERE AND IN THE FRONT ROW AND IT WAS AMAZING. :D I WAS SO WRECKED THAT I COULD BARELY WALK AFTER HIS SET. I LOVED ALL OF IT.

Epidemic Reign
09-19-2011, 01:16 AM
So how does "Unhealer" work live? Does he do all of the vocals or does someone trade off with him during the chorus?

MPF
09-19-2011, 01:30 AM
So how does "Unhealer" work live? Does he do all of the vocals or does someone trade off with him during the chorus?

His backing band, which currently is the band Leprous, from my understanding the keyboardist is doing Mikael's growls and their guitarist is doing his cleans. It might be the other way around as well.

Epidemic Reign
09-19-2011, 01:35 AM
His backing band, which currently is the band Leprous, from my understanding the keyboardist is doing Mikael's growls and their guitarist is doing his cleans. It might be the other way around as well.

Interesting. I thought he'd be doing Mikael's cleans at least, but then again I didn't know what other musicians he was playing with. Sounds pretty cool.

Akumu
09-19-2011, 01:43 AM

Their keyboardist did some of Mikael's parts (I wish I could be more specific, but for some reason there's a huge hole in my memory apart from "THAT WAS SO GREAT"), and he also hummed/ahh'd the sax parts in On the Shores.

beyondtheblack
09-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Thanks so much everyone for this report!!!

I assume this is from the fest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SidDNIv2N_4

WHAT A SETLIST.........................

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Their keyboardist did some of Mikael's parts (I wish I could be more specific, but for some reason there's a huge hole in my memory apart from "THAT WAS SO GREAT"), and he also hummed/ahh'd the sax parts in On the Shores.

This surprises me, because I'm pretty sure he can play sax... maybe not at the same time as keyboard though... ;)

Leprous are awesome at all they do. LISTEN TO THEIR NEW ALBUM NOW!

NOOOOWWW!!

jhdeity
09-19-2011, 09:28 AM
This surprises me, because I'm pretty sure he can play sax... maybe not at the same time as keyboard though... ;)

NOOOOWWW!!

YES SIR! Leprous are pretty cool. So many influences all wrapped into one. Thanks for the heads up.

As far as this setlist... WOW!

Akumu
09-19-2011, 12:38 PM

NOOOOWWW!!

Oh, I know! I went to the kickoff last year specifically for them and they signed my Leprous stuff on Friday. :D

eta: re: video: Nooooooo, you're REALLY not supposed to do that there! D:

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 01:20 PM
The new Leprous album is almost certain to be my album of the year. I can't wait to see them again.

Akumu
09-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Mods - don't we usually have consolidated threads for festival setlists? I want to post Therion's, but there are three different ProgPower threads floating around now and feel iffy about starting another one.

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Mods - don't we usually have consolidated threads for festival setlists? I want to post Therion's, but there are three different ProgPower threads floating around now and feel iffy about starting another one.

Yep. But some people think they're too special for that... Just sayin' ;)

MPF
09-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Well since no one made a ProgPower thread, and there was other threads going, why not just post the Therion set?

Therion fans are still going to read it.

llama lom
09-19-2011, 04:55 PM
OMG A GRAVE INVERSED AND THE TONGUE OF FIRE!!!
:drool:

Akumu
09-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Well since no one made a ProgPower thread, and there was other threads going, why not just post the Therion set?

Therion fans are still going to read it.

I went ahead and posted a ProgPower thread. Hooray.

jem777az
09-19-2011, 06:49 PM

It was the other way around. The keyboardist Einar did the cleans and the guitarist Oystein did the growls (i.e. - "Your God is not my God", etc.)

This was the best performance I have ever seen at the 5 ProgPowers I've been too. Hands down. And quite possibly the best performance I've seen ever in my nearly 30 years of going to shows. It was THAT amazing.

MPF
09-19-2011, 07:39 PM
It was the other way around. The keyboardist Einar did the cleans and the guitarist Oystein did the growls (i.e. - "Your God is not my God", etc.)

This was the best performance I have ever seen at the 5 ProgPowers I've been too. Hands down. And quite possibly the best performance I've seen ever in my nearly 30 years of going to shows. It was THAT amazing.

I knew it was one of those two. Thanks for clearing it up.

Fuck I'd give ANYTHING for Ihsahn to do one full tour.

jd091
09-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Fuck I'd give ANYTHING for Ihsahn to do one full tour.

^