PDA

View Full Version : Kyuss Lives! -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 16th, 2011

mankvill
09-17-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kyuss/2011/sound-academy-toronto-on-canada-1bd02528.html

Gardenia
Thumb
Hurricane
One Inch Man
Asteroid
Supa Scoopa and Mighty Scoop
Fatso Forgotso
Freedom Run
Odyssey
Whitewater
El Rodeo

Encore:
Molten Universe
Allen's Wrench
Green Machine

InFlamesOfBirchmen
09-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Not to be the stereotypical guy complaining here, because that's a really solid set list....but no 1,000 Year Trip?! That's disappointing..

JRA
09-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Are they a "shun the big hits" band? Cos I'm surprised Demon Cleaner isn't there.

adamclark52
09-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I wonder what the turnout was like, I can't believe they played a 3000+ capacity venue.

sarsip
09-17-2011, 07:56 PM
They are playing big places. I wonder if the Sword will help attendance?

BlackmoreOfBowling
09-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Are they a "shun the big hits" band? Cos I'm surprised Demon Cleaner isn't there.

I think in this case it's "shun the stuff Josh Homme wrote"

Edit: Dammit, forgot Odyssey was on there...

adamclark52
09-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I think in this case it's "shun the stuff Josh Homme wrote"

Edit: Dammit, forgot Odyssey was on there...

Cycling through the liner notes of all the Kyuss albums the only songs in this set that Josh DIDN'T write, or co-write, are Gardenia, One Inch Man, Fatso Forgotso, Allen's Wrench and Green Machine. Although the split with Queens of the Stone Age says that Josh wrote Fatso Forgotso, and the Greatest Hits album says that Scoot Reeder wrote it. I counted fourteen songs in the entire Kyuss library that he didn't have anything to do with the writing, and unless they're going to do a largely instrumental set I don't think they'll ever be able to avoid doing a set that is 3/4 composed by their former guitarist.

TonyD
09-18-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm going no matter what, so whatever bro's

HandOfDoom
09-18-2011, 06:16 AM
but no 1,000 Year Trip?! That's disappointing..

A couple years off there ;) , though I agree, that and Demon Cleaner would have topped it off.

El Gordo
09-18-2011, 06:42 AM
I wonder what the turnout was like, I can't believe they played a 3000+ capacity venue.

The turnout was excellent. Lots of people there, and Kyuss tore it the fuck up! I would have posted a set list, but I couldn't remember it song for song. Monstro and The Sword were very good as openers, and Kyuss definitely did not disappoint. Highlights were, well the whole set, but One Inch Man, Odyssey and Whitewater were especially awesome. Josh who?... Anyway, what an amazing show, so glad I went.

electrocute1031
09-18-2011, 08:24 AM
really digging that set, can't wait for Tuesday!

daimonos
09-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm going no matter what, so whatever bro's

this

adamclark52
09-18-2011, 05:10 PM
this

Part of me really wishes I did go to the Toronto show, but I actually forgot it was even happening. D'oh.

converge241
09-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Solid set - sad i cant go to my local date (newborn) but glad i have seen them before

larvtard
09-18-2011, 06:26 PM
apparently, this is The Sword's set:

How Heavy This Axe
Tres Brujas
Barael's Blade
Sea Of Spears
Freya
Night City
The Chronomancer II: Nemesis
Ebethron

hope they play more tomorrow night :rocker:

daimonos
09-18-2011, 06:51 PM
apparently, this is The Sword's set:

How Heavy This Axe
Tres Brujas
Barael's Blade
Sea Of Spears
Freya
Night City
The Chronomancer II: Nemesis
Ebethron

hope they play more tomorrow night :rocker:

That's a cool set, would like to see Lawless Lands or Warp Riders in it though. Just curious are you seeing them at a headlining show, or do you just not like Kyuss? If you don't like Kyuss, well...I just don't even know what to say.

larvtard
09-18-2011, 07:12 PM
That's a cool set, would like to see Lawless Lands or Warp Riders in it though. Just curious are you seeing them at a headlining show, or do you just not like Kyuss? If you don't like Kyuss, well...I just don't even know what to say.

yeah it's an off-date :lol:

mankvill
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
How Heavy This Axe

unbelievably heavy live

InFlamesOfBirchmen
09-18-2011, 07:32 PM
I had no idea The Sword was the direct support for the entire tour, I thought it was a couple of dates. Man, I really wanted to go, but I bought Alice Cooper tickets instead. Damn...

El Gordo
09-19-2011, 06:16 AM
I had no idea The Sword was the direct support for the entire tour, I thought it was a couple of dates. Man, I really wanted to go, but I bought Alice Cooper tickets instead. Damn...

I was surprised they were playing too, I thought we were just getting Monstro in Toronto. It was a nice surprise!

Dogman
09-19-2011, 11:01 AM

I saw KYUSS live 6 times between 1992 and 1995 and 3 of those shows were post Sky Valley and they never once did Demon Cleaner live. So, I'm not sure how much they actually like that song. Also not sure how big of a "hit" that song actually is. I actually saw Thong Song on MTV more than Demon Cleaner.

TonyD
09-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Did Demon Cleaner have a video?
nvm, letmeyoutubethatforyou.com

Let's hope the set gets extended a little bit as the tour goes on. And I'm wishing it was Priestess instead of The Sword opening, but Kyuss beggars can't be opener choosers.

adamclark52
09-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Did Demon Cleaner have a video?
nvm, letmeyoutubethatforyou.com

Let's hope the set gets extended a little bit as the tour goes on. And I'm wishing it was Priestess instead of The Sword opening, but Kyuss beggars can't be opener choosers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Ske2eKX2g&feature=related

It looks like they actually had a budget for this video. That one A&R rep at Elektra records who liked them was able to get them a little money before the higher-ups said "no, no, no, no, no, Metallica's going to be working on their next album for another year and a half so that money is better spent elsewhere."