PDA

View Full Version : Down -- Phoenix, AZ -- September 11th, 2011

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Down with In Solitude and Ponykiller at The Marquee Theater

I did not attend but found the setlist online. I added this entry due to the fact they added one of my favorite songs from Down II into their set.

Down's Setlist:
Hail the Leaf
The Path
Lifer
Lysergik Funeral Procession
Pillars of Eternity
New Orleans is a Dying Whore
Losing All
Ghosts Along the Mississipi
Underneath Everything
Temptations Wings
Something on My Side
Eyes of the South
Stone the Crow
Bury Me In Smoke

Source: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2011/09/down_at_marquee_theater_911.php

OraclesofAgony
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I went to the Anaheim one the day before. I would've posted a set but I don't know their songs that well. It was an intense show. The crowd was insane all the way through too. One of the best of the year for me for sure.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
One of the few bands who are consistently good live. Suprisingly the addition of Pat Bruder on bass gives the band a different sound. Pat is a great bassist with a completely different style and tone than what Rex had. Down always delivers!!!

christopher
09-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Down is always great live, but they need to change up the fucking setlist. We need Down IV god dammit!

Indestructible
09-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Down should play my city:D. I wouldn't care about the set, all I would want them to play is Bury Me Smoke and then they can play whatever.

christopher
09-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Down should play my city:D. I wouldn't care about the set, all I would want them to play is Bury Me Smoke and then they can play whatever.

That riff for Bury Me in Smoke...:drool:

Indestructible
09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
That riff for Bury Me in Smoke...:drool:

THIS. I bet it's even greater live.

christopher
09-14-2011, 08:52 PM
THIS. I bet it's even greater live.

Oh its fucking amazing live! Have you not seen them?? I love how they used to end Bury Me in Smoke with Nothing in Return, then they came back on another tour and played all of Nothing in Return:drool: I want the new album!!!!

Indestructible
09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh its fucking amazing live! Have you not seen them?? I love how they used to end Bury Me in Smoke with Nothing in Return, then they came back on another tour and played all of Nothing in Return:drool: I want the new album!!!!

I have not seen them yet. When is the new album coming out? Didn't they say they wanted to start releasing four EPs throughout the year?

christopher
09-14-2011, 10:05 PM
I have not seen them yet. When is the new album coming out? Didn't they say they wanted to start releasing four EPs throughout the year?

Oh, well hopefully you get a chance to see them soon :D Too bad you missed the Evening with Down tour back in 2008. They used to play 20 song sets every night. That's why I've been complaining about their sets lately. It went from being fucking incredible, to almost incredible. There isn't any word on the new material yet, but they are planning on releasing the four EPs. I just want to hear the first one already.

bobbie solo
09-14-2011, 11:55 PM
how about the big build-up toward the end?

ravenheart
09-15-2011, 04:36 AM
The Bury Me In Smoke riff is devasting live. I love it every time.

They do always deliver, but they need to play more songs per show. Phil's constant stopping of songs for stupid shit gets real old.

And they need to change this setlist. I like that Something On My Side is in, but they're working on three EPs for Christ sakes. One of them is done. Play some new songs! At the very least get On March The Saints back in the set.

The Colonel
09-15-2011, 09:43 AM
I was at this show and it was amazing! My first time seeing Down. On the last riff of "Bury Me In Smoke" Phil Rind from Sacred Reich came out and played bass for a bit, as did members of the opening bands. By the way, if you want to read a truly horrendously written review for this show, click the link in the first post. This is the kind of garbage that passes for "music journalism" in Phoenix.

Autojector
09-15-2011, 12:12 PM
"On March The Saints" or "Nothing In Return" need to be on that setlist.

HackedUpForBBQ
09-15-2011, 01:43 PM

You should have been at the Town Ballroom in '08 for An Evening With Down, man! It was killer.... or at least the Rochester show in '09

isaiaskorn
09-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Interesting Night :
Phill sang the chourses of "stairway to heaven" at the end of the show
Phill got hit in Te forehead (again) with a guitar and he was bleeding insanely
In the last three songs.:party:
In the lat song they let the VIP audince interact on stage with the band!:horns: