Enslaved
1. Ethica Odini
2. Raidho
3. Ground
4. Ruun
5. As Fire Swept Clean the Earth
6. Allfadr Odhinn
7. Isa

This makes me even more excited for the American tour. I think they're gonna pull out a good set. 4-6 especially makes me happy.

jd091
09-13-2011, 05:10 PM
I WANT HAVENLESS

NO EXCEPTIONS

jd091
09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
And didn't Ivan say a while ago that since they did the front half of Axioma Ethica Odini last time around with Dimmu Borgir, they were gonna try and play some of the other stuff from that record on this tour? Lightening and Giants, hopefully! :snivel:

GarageMetal468
09-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I WANT HAVENLESS

NO EXCEPTIONS

Haha they've never played Havenless live... maybe they'll surprise us on the upcoming tour

JRA
09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Do they always play All Fadir Odin?

daimonos
09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Do they always play All Fadir Odin?

They usually bring out one or two of the songs from Hordanes Land when they have more time to play, usually that one or Balfar, I think. They haven't played them the last two times they've been in America though, so I'm thinking they're gonna pull at least one out for that tour.

I'd also like to see some stuff from Frost, Eld, Below the Lights, Isa, Mardraum, VV, ect. Hell, anything, really.

By the way JRA, since I know you like Frost alot, have you heard Eld yet? It's one of my favorites and most of the riffs are :drool:.

JRA
09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
I have a really weird system where I like to sit with a new album for 2 months (though I don't listen to it every day) before buying another one by that band. I bought Vikingligr Veldi about a week ago so...yea. But Eld is next on my list.;)

daimonos
09-13-2011, 06:42 PM
I have a really weird system where I like to sit with a new album for 2 months (though I don't listen to it every day) before buying another one by that band. I bought Vikingligr Veldi about a week ago so...yea. But Eld is next on my list.;)

Strange, but it sounds interesting. Please explain. :lol:

jd091
09-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Haha they've never played Havenless live... maybe they'll surprise us on the upcoming tour

>It's their special 20th anniversary tour
>They asked on facebook for people to submit song requests
>half of the responses were "HAVENLESS OMG"

:snivel:

daimonos
09-13-2011, 07:00 PM
>It's their special 20th anniversary tour
>They asked on facebook for people to submit song requests
>half of the responses were "HAVENLESS OMG"

:snivel:

As much as I love Havenless, and Enslaved for that matter, I'm really not sure Havenless would work too well live, but I could imagine it'd have the potential to be cool. Ah I can't wait to see them again, it's been too long. Yup, a little less than a year is too long, actually.

JRA
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Strange, but it sounds interesting. Please explain. :lol:

I guess I just have a big fear of musical burnout. I'm sorry but "that's just the way music works sometimes" is not a good enough excuse for me. Buying 5 albums by an artist and trying to listen to all of it at the same time feels like a recipe for disaster.

daimonos
09-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I guess I just have a big fear of musical burnout. I'm sorry but "that's just the way music works sometimes" is not a good enough excuse for me. Buying 5 albums by an artist and trying to listen to all of it at the same time feels like a recipe for disaster.

That makes sense, I guess I never really thought about that, but that definitely does happen.

adamclark52
09-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Pretty solid set. I'm sure they'll keep all this and add four or five for the North American tour. If I was to have them add one song it would have to be the Watcher, that and As Fire Swept Clean the Earth are probably my favorite two Enslaved songs.

Really anything from Isa or Ruun would be great. I can live without Fusion of Sense and Earth and Isa. As great as those songs are they've played them every time I've seen Enslaved (four times now) and it would be nice to hear something else. Entroper, Lunar Force, Essence, Api-Vat or Violent Dawning would all be great to see. I think I may have even seen them play Violent Dawning once and I know I saw Essence once. When they played Essence opening for Dark Funeral I knew I was seeing once of the best shows of my life, that moment always sticks with me.

But I'll be happy no matter what. Enslaved are great live and if you're on the fence on wether you should see them I STRONGLY encourage it. I wouldn't have seen them four times since early 2007 if they sucked.

adamclark52
09-14-2011, 01:28 AM
I've never liked Isa as a closer either. I'm not into the big ROCK!, AC/DC!, METALLICA! ending of it. The first two times I saw them they ended with an abridged version of Slaget I Skogen Bortenfor and it was nice. But the Watcher would be a great closer too if they don't do a big ROCK! ending. Have I mentioned that I love that song?

adamclark52
09-14-2011, 01:47 AM
One last post, I really could care a less that Ghost dropped off the NA tour. Are that new band who's name starts with a 'J' (the full name escapes me) any good?

jd091
09-14-2011, 07:37 AM
One last post, I really could care a less that Ghost dropped off the NA tour. Are that new band who's name starts with a 'J' (the full name escapes me) any good?

Yeah, they're kind of like a sludgier Alcest without screams.

tenchimyo
09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
COOL! Thanks for the info- I hope I can see them in VA next week!