09-12-2011, 11:10 AM
'The Chosen Few'
Out October 11.

'Diamonds And Rust' (1977) - chosen by Joe Elliott
'Dissident Aggressor' (1977) - chosen by Steve Vai
'Exciter' (1978) - chosen by Accept
'Beyond The Realms Of Death' (1978) - chosen by Lars Ulrich
'Delivering The Goods' (1979) - chosen by Kerry King
'The Green Manalishi (with the Two-Pronged Crown)' (1979) - chosen by David Coverdale & Randy Blythe
'The Ripper' (1979) - chosen by Ozzy Osbourne
'Victim Of Changes' (1979) - chosen by James Hetfield
'Breaking The Law' (1980) - chosen by Lemmy
'Rapid Fire' (1980) - chosen by Vinnie Paul
'Grinder' (1980) - chosen by Zakk Wylde
'Living After Midnight' (1980) - chosen by Alice Cooper & Geezer Butler
'Screaming For Vengeance' (1982) - chosen by Slash
'You’ve Got Another Thing Coming' (1982) - chosen by Klaus Meine & Corey Taylor
'The Sentinel' (1984) - chosen by Chris Jericho
'Turbo Lover' (1986) - chosen by Jonathan Davis
'Painkiller' (1990) - chosen by Joe Satriani

Maideneer
09-12-2011, 11:15 AM
They didn't even let KK Downing choose one?

TonyD
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Another fucking best of, kinda cool that they're picked by artists but still...
^None of the band members picked songs so that wouldn't make sense anyway.

JRA
09-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Randy Blythe picked Green Manilishi? :lol:

mankvill
09-12-2011, 11:46 AM
lol @ Jonathan Davis picking turbo lover

also the only Judas Priest comp you need is the 73 - 93 one

JRA
09-12-2011, 11:46 AM
also the only Judas Priest comp you need is the 73 - 93 one

Pretty much.

Maideneer
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
^None of the band members picked songs so that wouldn't make sense anyway.

KK Downing isn't a band member :)

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Why did they let a wrestler pick one of the songs...?

mankvill
09-12-2011, 11:49 AM

andy bout to kill you

Butcher of Birth
09-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Not really a wrestler anymore, but I see where you are coming from... :cool:

ravenheart
09-12-2011, 01:12 PM

:tp:

ravenheart
09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
The funniest thing about this is the press release. And I quote, "the result is one of the more interesting Priest tracklistings ever put together."

Really? It's basically all the same songs from the Sony/Columbia catalogue that are on every other compilation so far. That any of them chose 'Breaking The Law' is a joke.

mankvill
09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I'd say the only semi-surprises are Beyond The Realms Of Death, maybe The Ripper and maybe Grinder

ravenheart
09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I'd say the only semi-surprises are Beyond The Realms Of Death, maybe The Ripper and maybe Grinder

Only Grinder surprised me.

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Prior to Jackvill and ravenhearts responses which prompted me to wikipedia Chris Jericho, I was seriously unaware he was involved in any sort of band.
Fozzy. Weird. Never heard of them.

daimonos
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Prior to Jackvill and ravenhearts responses which prompted me to wikipedia Chris Jericho, I was seriously unaware he was involved in any sort of band.
Fozzy. Weird. Never heard of them.

And people were getting mad because people hadn't heard of OFWGKTA?

This right here completely proves mine and MPF's point from yesterday. Thank you, Wizzbang. Thank you.

Butcher of Birth
09-12-2011, 04:46 PM

This right here completely proves mine and MPF's point from yesterday. Thank you, Wizzbang. Thank you.

What? :confused:

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Since when do I give a fuck about the current hardrock/heavy metal scene?
OFWGKTA has appeared on just about every form of media in the public eye in the last few months, and at least in the area I live most non metalhead/punk people could at least tell you a few of their songs. I'm sure I've seen references to the name Fozzy, but how I would know they had an ex-wrestler in them without traveling in the circles of that genre of music is beyond me. You'd have to be pretty goddamn removed from 'normal' people to have not heard of a massive mainstream act like Odd Future, whereas there is no reason I would have known about Fozzy unless I read threads about that style of music and talked to people into it, which I really don't.
Not to mention the fact that what I think Brad and others were so annoyed over was the embracing of ignorance and the trveness of MPF's attitude. I don't have any opinion on the fact that I havent heard of some heavy metal band, I don't care. Knowledge is cool, now I know Chris Jericho sings in a band I will probably never bother to listen too. Life goes on.

JRA
09-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Odd Future is not a massive mainstream act. They certainly aren't massive mainstream if their most recent album was from last year and it doesn't have any hits. One of their members has a solo album out. So what? Not everyone would get the urge to see what else he is involved with. Rap is largely a solo endeavor, so most people would assume he was a solo act. Hell most people didn't even know about D12 until Eminem had two monster selling albums out. In fact, the rap group is kind of dead even in the mainstream. I mean shit the last hip hop group I can even remember in the mainstream is Neptunes.

300%_Density
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I want them to put out the 73-93 compilation again, give it a different name and cover and keep the same songs in the same order and I want to see how many will even notice it and still continue to buy it?

Wizzbang11
09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Odd Future is not a massive mainstream act. They certainly aren't massive mainstream if their most recent album was from last year and it doesn't have any hits. One of their members has a solo album out. So what? Not everyone would get the urge to see what else he is involved with. Rap is largely a solo endeavor, so most people would assume he was a solo act. Hell most people didn't even know about D12 until Eminem had two monster selling albums out. In fact, the rap group is kind of dead even in the mainstream. I mean shit the last hip hop group I can even remember in the mainstream is Neptunes.

What does the year of the last albums release have anything to do with them being hugely popular?
I don't know very much about Odd Future, but everything I've been told/read has indicated they are a collective group with all the solo artists work falling into the OFWGTKA banner. I just wikipedia'd Odd Future and it even says they perform Tyler The Creator material live. If winning the MTV music awards, getting your #1 in two categories on the charts and in the top 5 on the Billboard 200 is not massively mainstream I have no idea what is.

mankvill
09-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Stop talking about odd future in a Judas priest thread

The fuck is wrong with you assholes

ravenheart
09-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Since when do I give a fuck about the current hardrock/heavy metal scene?
OFWGKTA has appeared on just about every form of media in the public eye in the last few months, and at least in the area I live most non metalhead/punk people could at least tell you a few of their songs. I'm sure I've seen references to the name Fozzy, but how I would know they had an ex-wrestler in them without traveling in the circles of that genre of music is beyond me. You'd have to be pretty goddamn removed from 'normal' people to have not heard of a massive mainstream act like Odd Future, whereas there is no reason I would have known about Fozzy unless I read threads about that style of music and talked to people into it, which I really don't.
Not to mention the fact that what I think Brad and others were so annoyed over was the embracing of ignorance and the trveness of MPF's attitude. I don't have any opinion on the fact that I havent heard of some heavy metal band, I don't care. Knowledge is cool, now I know Chris Jericho sings in a band I will probably never bother to listen too. Life goes on.

Uhuh, uhuh. All fine. Except this is a metal board, so you DO move in those circles, only the degree to which you do is up for debate, and Odd Future aren't massive. But like a few people have said, no one cares.

Also...

Stop talking about odd future in a Judas priest thread

The fuck is wrong with you assholes

... this.

Maiden33
09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Why the fuck are we talking about this again? :tp:

Nater
09-12-2011, 06:36 PM
How this CD is akin to the 20th Century Gold releases you find in Walmart for $5

Dextrimental
09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Jesus this place is getting as bad as youtube for stupid discussions in threads.

ravenheart
09-12-2011, 06:39 PM
How this CD is akin to the 20th Century Gold releases you find in Walmart for $5

And The Single Cuts (released just LAST MONTH)... and the Essential Judas Priest... and Metal Works... and Collections/Greatest Hits... and Living After Midnight... and Breaking The Law... and Deliverin' The Goods...

All released by Sony and/or their sub-labels.

ravenheart
09-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Jesus this place is getting as bad as youtube for stupid discussions in threads.

Welcome to last year, sadly.

daimonos
09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry I brought that up...wasn't thinking...

MPF
09-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Oh Jesus, I'm getting brought up again over a shitty rap group I didn't know about AGAIN?

One more, time. I asked who they were, I said I didn't know who they were, I made a failed joke about getting laid instead of listening to them. I then said it's because I don't check out most rap.

Apparently that makes me an elitist and "Trve" now. Jesus fuck guys, seriously?

It's a fucking Metal board. Yes I don't only listen to Metal. I listen to lots of other genres as well. I'm sorry that New Hipster Rap isn't one of them. Yeah I checked them out after the discussion died down. They are...ok. Not something I'd sit down and listen a full album of, but it's alright. Nothing worth bitching about how I didn't know about them. It's not like I've been missing out on the reincarnation of Sabbath, Eminem, or Madonna. They are a mediocre, hipster rap group.

Get the fuck over yourself!

Back to the 45th Judas Priest Best Of discussion.

JRA
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Odd Future has the potential of being this board's next Tegan & Sara. :D

Ok back on topic, they should have had someone pick Ram it Down, Jawbreaker or the live version of Genocide.

Shit they could have at least had Marty Friedman pick Heroes End. Or Bobby Blitz pick Tyrant. Ooo, or the guys from Arch Enemy pick Starbreaker in an instance of shameless self promotion! Why not? Lemmy did it with Breaking The Law.

Maideneer
09-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Here's who should have picked what.

1) Locked In - Ted Nugent
2) Starbreaker - Yoko Ono
3) Never Satisfied - Dave Mustaine
4) One For The Road - Rick Allen
5) On The Run - Paul Di'anno
6) Exiled - Geoff Tate
7) Brain Dead - Ozzy Osbourne
8) Bloodsuckers - Al Atkins
9) Jekyll And Hyde - Axl Rose
10) Reckless - Vince Neil

ravenheart
09-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Here's who should have picked what.

1) Locked In - Ted Nugent
2) Starbreaker - Yoko Ono
3) Never Satisfied - Dave Mustaine
4) One For The Road - Rick Allen
5) On The Run - Paul Di'anno
6) Exiled - Geoff Tate
7) Brain Dead - Ozzy Osbourne
8) Bloodsuckers - Al Atkins
9) Jekyll And Hyde - Axl Rose
10) Reckless - Vince Neil

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Priceless.

gilpdawg
09-13-2011, 03:09 AM
Oh Jesus, I'm getting brought up again over a shitty rap group I didn't know about AGAIN?

One more, time. I asked who they were, I said I didn't know who they were, I made a failed joke about getting laid instead of listening to them. I then said it's because I don't check out most rap.

Apparently that makes me an elitist and "Trve" now. Jesus fuck guys, seriously?

It's a fucking Metal board. Yes I don't only listen to Metal. I listen to lots of other genres as well. I'm sorry that New Hipster Rap isn't one of them. Yeah I checked them out after the discussion died down. They are...ok. Not something I'd sit down and listen a full album of, but it's alright. Nothing worth bitching about how I didn't know about them. It's not like I've been missing out on the reincarnation of Sabbath, Eminem, or Madonna. They are a mediocre, hipster rap group.

Get the fuck over yourself!

Back to the 45th Judas Priest Best Of discussion.

That's ok man, I haven't ever heard of them either.