PDA

View Full Version : Wolves in the Throne Room -- Northfield, VT -- September 9th, 2011

larvtard
09-10-2011, 09:55 AM

smearCampaign
09-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Wow.... I'm more than a little disappointed that the show down here is at a regular venue. But I guess with the drought and all the wildfires they wouldn't be able to burn anything here in Texas.

mankvill
09-10-2011, 11:15 AM
You better find out that minor threat song

christopher
09-10-2011, 11:29 AM
also -- PBR is fucking disgusting, and anyone who likes that shit should be ashamed of themselves. Shipyard is really good though

How dare you hate that hipster drink. PBR ain't that bad. I enjoy it from time to time. I'm actually going to go right now and pick up a tall can :tongue:

jd091
09-10-2011, 11:37 AM
SOMEONE POST A COMMENT ALREADY

PLEASE

PLZ

:tp:

Sick review, though! That sounds incredible, man.

daimonos
09-10-2011, 11:42 AM
How dare you hate that hipster drink. PBR ain't that bad. I enjoy it from time to time. I'm actually going to go right now and pick up a tall can :tongue:

I actually like PBR...but I never knew that it was the hipster beer until I moved to Chicago. Why exactly is it the hipster beer?

christopher
09-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't pretend to like PBR :lol: I am sometimes in the mood for a cheap beer and w/e I see first is what I want. Whether it be Cobra, PBR, Mickeys, Steel Reserve or Colt 45. I usually see PBR more often at shows, so I drink it more often. PBR markets the hipsters because they know the hipsters like their beer to be "authentic" or some bs like that. PBR actually funds indie music and shows so they can get their product out to the crowd they are aiming for.

KillerCannabis
09-10-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm bummed West Coast has to wait until early 2012 for more dates.

Seeing these guys play in a field or forest sounds so fucking... majestic.

christopher
09-10-2011, 01:38 PM
I agree with Brad in that "I Will Lay Down My Bones Among The Rocks and Roots" was epic. It was the only song I recognized, which is saying a lot because I've only listened to the song like three times in the past two weeks.

:lol: The song is 18 fucking minutes, I listen to it once every few months. Plus, it has an into that is very easily recognizable.

DethMaiden
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
I listened to it four times in a night earlier this week. :eyes:

christopher
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I usually get bored of listening to long songs. I don't mind them every once in a while, but not all the time. The only long songs I will listen to often are Corrupted songs, usually El Mundo Frio) and that's my background music when I nap.

mastodon421
09-10-2011, 01:58 PM
PBR is straight up the worst beer on the planet. I don't care if it's cheap, it's tastes so fucking bad. One of my friends and I are convinced that it is brewed in a port-a-potty.

DethMaiden
09-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey, PBR-hating morons, cheap beer is cheap beer, and I'd rather have anything that doesn't end in "Light" or "Ice" over anything that does. :)

christopher
09-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey, PBR-hating morons, cheap beer is cheap beer, and I'd rather have anything that doesn't end in "Light" or "Ice" over anything that does. :)

I agree. The only beers I don't like are Key Stone Light and Natural Ice. I can deal with most other beer.

mastodon421
09-10-2011, 02:12 PM
I agree. The only beers I don't like are Key Stone Light and Natural Ice. I can deal with most other beer.

I am pretty much the same way. PBR and Natty Ice are the only awful beer I've ever had, (Never had Pee-Stone and I don't plan on it ever.)

bt11763
09-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I wanna see WITTR outside :(

xStructualDefect
09-10-2011, 04:52 PM
i think PBR is actually really good to be honest.. i'll take that over Budweiser or anything like that any day.

jd091
09-10-2011, 05:14 PM

This. So much. If you think PBR is awful, then you haven't been to enough shitty parties.

jd091
09-10-2011, 05:20 PM
You're right.

...thank you?

jd091
09-10-2011, 05:23 PM
...the pleasure's all mine?

Sorry, my sarcasm meter is broken right now. :hecho:

daimonos
09-10-2011, 05:27 PM

I fucking hate Keystone, and I'm from PA.

illuminatus917
09-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Second band was a black metal band from Maine called Fall of Rauros. At first I thought these guys were WITTR :lol: They had a bit more stoner-ish parts, though, and some nice jammy solos.

It's Falls of Rauros, and their first two albums are just as good as some of WITTR's material. I wasn't aware they were going to be one of the opening bands... now I'm even more excited for this show.

jd091
09-10-2011, 06:07 PM
It's Falls of Rauros, and their first two albums are just as good as some of WITTR's material. I wasn't aware they were going to be one of the opening bands... now I'm even more excited for this show.

Aren't the openers different on every stop of this tour?

illuminatus917
09-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Aren't the openers different on every stop of this tour?

Oh.

:banghead:

Other than Thou, that looks to be correct.

illuminatus917
09-10-2011, 06:18 PM
*And Megaton Leviathan.

Falls of Rauros was a one-dater.

jd091
09-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh.

:banghead:

Other than Thou, that looks to be correct.

Yeah, YOU'RE pissed. I had to miss Bloodiest and Indian! :(

bt11763
09-10-2011, 06:20 PM
and I want to live in manhattan and be able to see every single show in your signature :(

oh yeah c:

also, i'm pissed because the first night they're playing here, fucking Krallice is the opener, and i can't go because it's 21+ and i have a class. But we have mutilation rights on the one i *am* skipping class to go to. awesome band that i haven't seen yet, but krallice would be a much better fit.

also also, PBR rules, fuck you honkys

llama lom
09-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I probably could have gone to this if I was still in MA. :bouville:

adamclark52
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Sorry guys, worst beer ever:

http://hywelsbiglog.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/beer-review-crest-super-10-super-strength-premium-lager/

I drank this twice in college, about 12 years ago. One thing this review didn't cover (as far as I could tell, I just skimmed) was the price: $1.80 a can! And that's in Ontario. To put it into perspective, a six pack of decent budget beer costs about $10.

And to stay on the original topic, Wolves in the Throne Room are pretty cool.

MPF
09-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Apparently none of you know about the alcoholic pee water that is High Gravity.

But back on topic. Still fucking furious that Wolves In The Throne room canceled their show in Minnesota.

hellawaits77ny
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Northfield, VT. Jeez. Talk about a small town for a concert. Went on a college visit to Norwich University my senior year. Beautiful area, just so small! Pretty cool that a band would play there.

christopher
09-12-2011, 12:59 AM
also also, PBR rules, fuck you honkys

What the hell are you talking about? Honkys love the shit out of PBR. Honkys are the second biggest crowd to buy it :lol:

Apparently none of you know about the alcoholic pee water that is High Gravity..

I had a Steel Reserve earlier tonight. I don't buy it too often cause the taste makes me kind of nauseous after drinking too much of it. Maybe its cause I've had it warm too many times:eyes: I had Earthquake High Gravity and that shit was terrible!! It tasted like wine mixed with lager. I wanted to puke after every sip but I manned my way through it.

christopher
09-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Sorry guys, worst beer ever:

http://hywelsbiglog.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/beer-review-crest-super-10-super-strength-premium-lager/

I drank this twice in college, about 12 years ago. One thing this review didn't cover (as far as I could tell, I just skimmed) was the price: $1.80 a can! And that's in Ontario. To put it into perspective, a six pack of decent budget beer costs about $10.

And to stay on the original topic, Wolves in the Throne Room are pretty cool.

That was a great review!! I really enjoy reading shit like that cause it reminds me of what I'm thinking when I try something new. That's weak that it was only 10% alc. In the glory days when Four Loko had caffeine, I was all about the fact it was 12% alc. I've had several beers that are more than 10% though. Double Bastard is around 12% and there are a few beers at BJs that are supposedly almost 14%.

MPF
09-12-2011, 02:24 AM
What the hell are you talking about? Honkys love the shit out of PBR. Honkys are the second biggest crowd to buy it :lol:

I had a Steel Reserve earlier tonight. I don't buy it too often cause the taste makes me kind of nauseous after drinking too much of it. Maybe its cause I've had it warm too many times:eyes: I had Earthquake High Gravity and that shit was terrible!! It tasted like wine mixed with lager. I wanted to puke after every sip but I manned my way through it.

Sound like you are as strong as I am

My old guitarist of shattered (Now bassist of the world famous American Gothic. hahaha) would drink a full 6 pack of High gravity to himself. :eek::eek::eek:

He would always buy me one for practice and I had to fight all my animal instincts to be able drink it all. It poison mixed with Alcohol mixed with that chemical that makes you involuntary throw up.

I hate drinking cheap beer in the first place. The lowest I'll go voluntarily is Keystone Light, but anything lower then that, all you want is to get fucked up no matter what you drink. :barf:

hellawaits77ny
09-12-2011, 02:49 AM
This makes me think of this garbage called 'Dog Bite'. I've seen it advertised recently, and cause it was 10% alcohol, wanted to try it. Took 2 sips, poured the rest down the drain. Makes Steel Reserve taste like Beck's (or whatever quality import you like :)).