PDA

View Full Version : Wolves in the Throne Room -- Louisville, KY -- September 2nd, 2011

DethMaiden
09-04-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm writing a proper review for the Quietus which I'll post when it's live, but this one was a holy-shit kind of night beginning to end. See this fucking band.

Thuja Magus Imperium
Ahrimanic Trance
I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots
Prayer of Transformation

I am fairly sure this was the set, if anyone saw them on this tour and got something different let me know. I didn't jot any notes and the show was two nights ago now. What I am 100% certain about is that I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots is one of the best single-song live performances I have ever seen and that I'm pretty sure they could have commanded me to rob a bank or some shit and I would have thanks to the trance it had me in. Jesus Christ.

larvtard
09-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Nice dude. I think I'm gonna be seeing them in a field next friday. So excited.

I've only listened to Two Hunters, though; you think they're gonna change up the set at all?

DethMaiden
09-04-2011, 08:28 AM
When I talked to Aaron a few weeks ago it sounded like they were just rehearsing one setlist. It's semi-irrelevant though, your familiarity with the music will not change your appreciation of the show. "Lay Down My Bones" will be the highlight either way. ;)

larvtard
09-04-2011, 08:35 AM
When I talked to Aaron a few weeks ago it sounded like they were just rehearsing one setlist. It's semi-irrelevant though, your familiarity with the music will not change your appreciation of the show. "Lay Down My Bones" will be the highlight either way. ;)

Cool. I'll see if the editors at The Cynic (student-run paper here) will let me cover the show. I'm already planning to cover The Sword when they come here (and I may get an interview as well, but I have NO idea what to ask).

MPF
09-04-2011, 11:40 AM
They canceled their show up here in August. Still pissed about that.

powerslave_85
09-04-2011, 11:43 AM
So pissed that Vermont show is happening two weeks before I get there :bouville:

Rocco44
09-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Damn, I want to see these guys badly.

ShatteredFlame
09-04-2011, 06:59 PM
They have never played CT :(

ChildrenofSodom
09-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Just remembered they played Columbus tonight, and I don't have to work tomorrow. OOOOPPPSSSS.

christopher
09-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Just remembered they played Columbus tonight, and I don't have to work tomorrow. OOOOPPPSSSS.

fail

ChildrenofSodom
09-04-2011, 08:24 PM
fail

Well, the fucking venue doesn't have a calendar or a way to buy tickets online. But I did just see that Skeletonwitch are playing Oct. 14 and The Devin Townsend Project is playing Oct. 10. Tickets have been purchased. :)

daimonos
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
These guys were awesome in Chicago. The only album by them I'm really familiar with is Black Cascade, so I didn't really know anything from the set. Honestly, I didn't even recognize Crystal Ammunition. But they were great. They did have some technical problems, but they dealt with it pretty well. I ended up skipping out a couple minutes early because I'm new to the city and paranoid as hell late at night. Will definitely see them again and check out the rest of their material, though.

bigguytoo9
09-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I saw these guys in Vancouver back in January. Literally 30 seconds into each song, the band gets SWALLOWED WHOLE in Fog. Pretty great concert IMO.

ravenheart
09-05-2011, 04:02 PM
See this fucking band.

I have :finger:

mankvill
09-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Well, the fucking venue doesn't have a calendar or a way to buy tickets online. But I did just see that Skeletonwitch are playing Oct. 14 and The Devin Townsend Project is playing Oct. 10. Tickets have been purchased. :)

last.fm

Autojector
09-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Catching them with Weedeater tonight. Should be awesome.

smearCampaign
09-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Catching them with Weedeater tonight. Should be awesome.

You sure about that one? I don't think Weedeater is playing any shows with Wolves in the Throne Room on this tour.

I'm really excited about this show. If they stick with that set list I will be more than happy.

Autojector
09-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Hahahahaha, I thought I was on the Saviours setlist page. Whoops.

smearCampaign
09-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Hahahahaha, I thought I was on the Saviours setlist page. Whoops.

Haha. No worries. Have fun tonight. The new Saviours stuff is awesome.

vmetal52
09-07-2011, 02:20 PM
saw them open for Neurosis back in December. They absolutely destroyed, if you haven't seen then you are missing out.