PDA

View Full Version : Red State

hb420
09-03-2011, 09:24 PM
As anyone else seen this yet? I loved it. Don't get all the backlash and negative reviews towards it.

MPF
09-03-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't have On Demand. So I gotta wait for the DVD.

Doesn't EVERY Kevin Smith movie get shit on? Who cares, I love every movie he has done, yes every movie. Hell George Carlin was in Jersey Girl.

Wizzbang11
09-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't have On Demand. So I gotta wait for the DVD.

Doesn't EVERY Kevin Smith movie get shit on? Who cares, I love every movie he has done, yes every movie. Hell George Carlin was in Jersey Girl.

Cop Out was fucking trash.

BloodoftheKings
09-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Yeah that one wasn't very good. I liked Zach and Miri but I wish he would make another movie with the Kevin Smith characters in it.

powerslave_85
09-03-2011, 10:35 PM
I watched it last night. I thought it was really good, if a bit flawed. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it was suspenseful and had some genuinely shocking moments. John Goodman and the guy who played the preacher were both fantastic.

hb420
09-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I watched it last night. I thought it was really good, if a bit flawed. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it was suspenseful and had some genuinely shocking moments. John Goodman and the guy who played the preacher were both fantastic.

Exactly how I feel about it. It's his best movie in a long time IMO.

MPF
09-03-2011, 10:38 PM

He didn't write it, so it doesn't count. :tongue:

*yeah I know it still does*

mastodon421
09-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Haven't seen this one yet, but I am very excited to. I am a huge Kevin Smith fan and I am really intrigued to see him make a non-comedy film.

metallicbrian666
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Saw it yesterday, one of the best movies I've seen this year. Had a Tarantino feel.

AnthG
09-08-2011, 12:50 PM
It certainly doesn't deserve the blacklash, but it definitely doesn't deserve the praise it's getting by some either.

I thought this movie was incredibly average at best. It had almost no direction and no focus. It didn't really go anywhere. Just a movie that exists for the sake of existing. Kudos to Smith for venturing out of his comfort zone especially after a terrible movie like Cop Out, but this movie was just a big "meh" for me.

MPF
09-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I totally forgot to review this after I watched it.

Best Kevin Smith Movie EVER!

The only thing I didn't like was the Burn After Reading style ending,w here they describe what happens, but you don't see it. Those endings suck. But everything before it made up for it.

Hit Somebody is going to kick ass. Maybe by then Kevin Smith will wise up and realize he needs to make more movies.

mastodon421
10-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I just watched it. I'm a Kevin Smith fanboy, but this movie was really, really average. The acting was pretty good (especially John Goodman), but the movie was pretty disjointed and rushed. This was a pretty big letdown for me.

hb420
10-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Just picked up the BluRay today, still a really great movie. :party: