PDA

View Full Version : Blood Red Throne -- Trenton, NJ -- September 2nd, 2011

kulamram
09-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Championship Bar
direct support for grave

great energy! crowd really got into the band!

smite
deranged assassin
the children shall endure
arterial lust
taste of god
graveworld
mephitication
brutalitarian regime
the light, the hate

Epidemic Reign
09-02-2011, 11:27 PM
These guys are pretty much my favorite death metal band at the moment, can't wait to see them again in a few weeks :rocker:

Epidemic Reign
09-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm assuming Grave played "Into the Grave" in its entirety as they said they would, any idea what else they played besides that?

hellawaits77ny
09-03-2011, 02:08 AM
I'm assuming Grave played "Into the Grave" in its entirety as they said they would, any idea what else they played besides that?

Yes, any info you can give us on Grave will help. I started listening to BRT and like them a good amount. Based on Grave's setlist, I might go to the Montreal show.

treghet
09-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Based on Grave's setlist, I might go to the Montreal show.

The entire first album isn't enough for you to decide? :eyes:

hellawaits77ny
09-03-2011, 02:23 AM
The entire first album isn't enough for you to decide? :eyes:

I didn't know for sure they were playing that. The poster above said they "said" they were. Just wanted to to know for sure.

treg, in your Old School Death Metal thread, you said many of Grave's albums were mediocre in your opinion. Besides the 1st 4 albums, are there any others worth checking out?

On a side note, that's a disappointingly short set for direct support.

Epidemic Reign
09-03-2011, 02:51 AM
I think "mediocre" is an excellent word to describe Grave after their 4th album... "repetetive" is a good one too. Although their latest release, Burial Ground, is the best record they've done since the early days IMO.

Rather than recommending later Grave material, I would recommend checking out the bands their original vocalist, Jorgen Sandstrom, has been involved with since he departed after the second album: The Project Hate MCMXCIX, Torture Division, and Vicious Art. The guy is just a fucking BEAST on the microphone. :rockdevil

treghet
09-03-2011, 03:28 AM
Honestly, I didn't like Burial Ground at all. It sounded like they were just going through the motions and not really trying to come up with anything worthwhile. Their only post-break up album I've truly enjoyed was As Rapture Comes. There are some great songs on that one.

"Through Eternity" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcWt97dB88

"Battle of Eden" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PijpMHiD9GU

EDIT: Also, here's an article where they said they are playing the full album:

http://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=10217&IdCompany=2#.TlV0vs9ykm8.facebook

And they are posting blogs throughout the tour here:

http://graveofficial.blogspot.com/

hellawaits77ny
09-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the input dudes. The fact they're playing the whole 1st album if probably my X factor to go. I'll for sure check out those other albums. Only post reunion stuff of theirs I checked out was Dominion VIII, and the few songs I heard weren't anything if I remember correctly. Not awful, but kinda bland.

christopher
09-03-2011, 09:17 PM
According to setlist.fm, this is Grave's set from that night

Deformed
In Love
For Your God
Obscure Infinity
Hating Life
Into the Grave
Extremely Rotten Flesh
Haunted
Day of Mourning
Inhuman
Banished to Live
You'll Never See

Edit: I didn't notice there was a note saying the setlist was incomplete...

Someguy89
09-03-2011, 09:27 PM

Deformed
In Love
For Your God
Obscure Infinity
Hating Life
Into the Grave
Extremely Rotten Flesh
Haunted
Day of Mourning
Inhuman
Banished to Live
You'll Never See

Well right there it's perfect for me ! :rocker:

I'm seeing them tomorrow :party:

Epidemic Reign
09-03-2011, 10:56 PM

Deformed
In Love
For Your God
Obscure Infinity
Hating Life
Into the Grave
Extremely Rotten Flesh
Haunted
Day of Mourning
Inhuman
Banished to Live
You'll Never See

Hmm. There should be more.

Not that "Into the Grave" in itself isn't worth the ticket price, but the album is under 45 minutes, and I would think they'd be playing at least the title track from "Soulless" and 1 or 2 newer songs as well.

Epidemic Reign
09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Honestly, I didn't like Burial Ground at all. It sounded like they were just going through the motions and not really trying to come up with anything worthwhile. Their only post-break up album I've truly enjoyed was As Rapture Comes. There are some great songs on that one.

First thing that comes to mind when I think of As Rapture Comes is that dreadful Alice in Chains cover :eyes: but honestly, I think all of their albums have had a few good songs and they're all listenable to an extent. Burial Ground just clicks with me because the production has a bit of an old-school vibe, and IMO Ola's vocals are better than ever on that record.

hellawaits77ny
09-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Well right there it's perfect for me ! :rocker:

I'm seeing them tomorrow :party:

I'll prolly be there too. Is there anywhere to park around Petit Campus? I've only been there by cab. I'll be driving tommorrow.