09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Periphery >>>>>>>> Trivium

Anyone wanna fight about it? :)

Truth.

Dextrimental
09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Periphery >>>>>>>> Trivium

Anyone wanna fight about it? :)

huge Trivium fan, but right now this is definitely true. Plus Trivium have gotten shit loads of major support slots over the last few years, Periphery could do with the exposure.

I fucking knew PEriphery were gonna get with DT soon anyway, because of Petrucci's nephew being one of the guitarists. Not that Periphery don't deserve the slot anyway, but I would imagine this helped.

MPF
09-01-2011, 03:48 PM
huge Trivium fan, but right now this is definitely true. Plus Trivium have gotten shit loads of major support slots over the last few years, Periphery could do with the exposure.

I fucking knew PEriphery were gonna get with DT soon anyway, because of Petrucci's nephew being one of the guitarists. Not that Periphery don't deserve the slot anyway, but I would imagine this helped.

Acttually for a long time Jake Bowen was against it, because he doesn't want to be only known as Petrucci's Nephew. He wanted to make exposure for himself before this ever happened.

But I agree, it definitely helped.

Dextrimental
09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Acttually for a long time Jake Bowen was against it, because he doesn't want to be only known as Petrucci's Nephew. He wanted to make exposure for himself before this ever happened.

But I agree, it definitely helped.

Of course, and Periphery absolutely stand on their own merit no matter what way you look at it. Its great to see them with the slot, DT are the perfect bigger band for them to tour with I think, as it being a prog crowd, they'd have a generally more open mind for what Periphery have to offer.

Steev
09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Weird thing is they playing Philly headlining a week or so earlier

Usually booking agents try to avoid that

detuned
09-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Weird thing is they playing Philly headlining a week or so earlier

Usually booking agents try to avoid that
in the grand scheme of things periphery is still a fairly small band, appealing to a much different audience than dream theater, so i would imagine them being added to DT show(s) is more of someone wanting to put them in front of a large number of people who probably dont know them, not for drawing purposes. the shows will probably have little effect on each other.

Steev
09-01-2011, 04:45 PM
in the grand scheme of things periphery is still a fairly small band, appealing to a much different audience than dream theater, so i would imagine them being added to DT show(s) is more of someone wanting to put them in front of a large number of people who probably dont know them, not for drawing purposes. the shows will probably have little effect on each other.

I mean I kind of assumed since the headlining show is in a church basement(sadly can't make that one, shame since I like most of the bands), and the show with Dream Theater is in an actual theater(like where plays and orchestras perform)