PDA

View Full Version : Concerts you felt truly lucky/fortunate to be at...

Maideneer
09-01-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought about this today and while I am appreciative of all the shows I went to, I can truly say I feel so absolutely downright lucky I was a part of the following:

Heaven & Hell - Radio City Music Hall, March 30, 2007
Well, what can I say. If there was ever a show I was truly blessed to attend, this was it. For obvious reasons of course, but just the build up to this show was incredible. And seeing Dio on that stage, by far the most professional singer I've ever seen in my life. Singer, showman, understood his place and time in the world, understood where he was that night, A+ in every sense. Professional in that New York City, big time, classy, not-just-a-metal band type of professional stuff.

3rd Mezzanine
Row D
Seat 209

http://youtu.be/M2sOi5gODIo

Pantera - Nassau Coliseum, June 21, 2001

Apart for obvious reasons again, this was the last time I saw Pantera, and the great part was, the venue was only 15 minutes away and Slayer & Morbid Angel opened. There weren't a lot of people there, half full really, didn't matter, it was awesome. A few months prior, I saw Pantera in NYC, and I got the setlist, and waited outside and Vinny & Rex signed it. Dimebag couldn't sign anything, he was on the cell phone, kinda rock star-ish but whatever.

GA Floor

http://youtu.be/TOR5bvN3FTQ

ravenheart
09-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I think most people gave views along these lines here: http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13356

Jasonic
09-07-2011, 12:05 PM
So many over the years.....

SLAYER / DANZIG / TROUBLE - This was one of the most memorable shows of all time. I think this was like the second time the Danzig band played as DANZIG (For those who don't know the original DANZIG lineup was technically the last SAMHAIN lineup). Also, TROUBLE, who had recently changed from doom to more of a psych sound, got booed offstage, in their hometown!

VOIVOD / VIO-LENCE / ANACRUSIS - Seeing VoiVod back in the day, with Piggy? Forget about it! Also, VIO-LENCE who are quite possibly the most underrated thrash bands of all time.

ANTHRAX / HELLOWEEN / EXODUS - Sure, Anthrax and Exodus in their prime, but most importantly, HELLOWEEN with Kiske!!!!! Yeah, most people you know can't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
ANTHRAX / HELLOWEEN / EXODUS - Sure, Anthrax and Exodus in their prime, but most importantly, HELLOWEEN with Kiske!!!!! Yeah, most people you know can't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

I saw Helloween, Grim Reaper and Armored Saint on Halloween night, 1987.

Fe Maiden
09-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Iron Maiden, Saxon & Fastway on World Piece Tour in 1983@ Long Beach Arena

Iron Maiden & Twisted Sister on World Slavery Tour @ San Diego, Long Beach Arena & Irvine

MPF
09-07-2011, 06:02 PM
The one I feel the most fortunate about is Nevermore on Halloween last year, since the band is half gone now.

But there's plenty of shows in the next few weeks that will have some badass memories attached to it.

Jasonic
09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
I saw Helloween, Grim Reaper and Armored Saint on Halloween night, 1987.

Nice!!! I remember that tour too.
Headbangers Ball aired some footage from it I remember.
I never did see Grim Reaper.
Supposedly, Grimmett's band is supposed to be touring soon.

Jasonic
09-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Iron Maiden & Twisted Sister on World Slavery Tour @ San Diego, Long Beach Arena & Irvine

Nice! My first metal show ever was the World Slavery Tour, but the summer after, when they were touring with ACCEPT as support.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Nice!!! I remember that tour too.
Headbangers Ball aired some footage from it I remember.

I remember getting home from the show that night and it was showing on Headbanger's Ball. Kind of a deja vu experience.

LAXdef16
09-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Iron Maiden, Saxon & Fastway on World Piece Tour in 1983@ Long Beach Arena

You lucky bastard!