Enfold Darkness (Sumerian)
Fallujah (Unique Leader)
Last Chance to Reason (Prosthetic)
Pathology (Victory)
Son of Aurelius (Good Fight)
Threat Signal (Nuclear Blast)

OraclesofAgony
02-28-2012, 10:54 PM
If that ended up being the ballot, that would be much better than last year.

Seventhzealot
02-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Abysmal Dawn can tear it up live so it'll be interesting to see them on the ballot but again they'll garner an abysmal(sorry) amount of votes.

Seventhzealot
02-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Considering the Sumerian guy runs SS and the fact that so many people have voted for them, Enfold Darkness seem to be a shoe-in for the ballot.

That pleases me :)

elturtleboy
02-29-2012, 12:05 AM
My gay list:

Terrorizer! Napalm Death! Repulsion! Brujeria! Vesterian! Witchaven! Cannabis Corpse! Inquisition! Black Witchery! Nyogthaeblisz! Killgasm! Fukpig!Gorphyryac! Skeletonwitch! Toxic Holocaust! Possessed! Brutal Truth! Phobia!

mankvill
02-29-2012, 12:59 AM
My gay list:

Terrorizer! Napalm Death! Repulsion! Brujeria! Vesterian! Witchaven! Cannabis Corpse! Inquisition! Black Witchery! Nyogthaeblisz! Killgasm! Fukpig!Gorphyryac! Skeletonwitch! Toxic Holocaust! Possessed! Brutal Truth! Phobia!

lol dude wtf???? never herd of any of those fuckin bands, probably obscure underground shit.

get sum fucking deathcore or djent on there

brutal_descent
02-29-2012, 01:35 AM
lol dude wtf???? never herd of any of those fuckin bands, probably obscure underground shit.

get sum fucking deathcore or djent on there

yeah man i hear rose funeral are back together

going to fuck shit up!!!!

masterguy49
02-29-2012, 04:07 AM
I could see it looking something like this:

Abiotic (Unsigned)
Abysmal Dawn (Relapse)
Angelus Apatrida (Century Media)
Battlecross (Metal Blade)
Burning the Masses (Mediaskare)
Enfold Darkness (Sumerian)
Fallujah (Unique Leader)
Last Chance to Reason (Prosthetic)
Pathology (Victory)
Son of Aurelius (Good Fight)
Threat Signal (Nuclear Blast)

People are familiar with Abiotic?

AnataFan4Life
03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
These bands have all expressed interest in opening so far:

Aegaeon
Archspire
Arkaik
Cerebral Bore
Enfold Darkness
Fallujah
I Declare War
Ingested
Lord of War
The World We Knew

I was hoping an awesome band like Cerebral Bore or Archspire would get it, but it looks like we will probably be stuck with I Declare War unfortunately.

mastodon421
03-01-2012, 07:47 AM
These bands have all expressed interest in opening so far:

Aegaeon
Archspire
Arkaik
Cerebral Bore
Enfold Darkness
Fallujah
I Declare War
Ingested
Lord of War
The World We Knew

I was hoping an awesome band like Cerebral Bore or Archspire would get it, but it looks like we will probably be stuck with I Declare War unfortunately.

Fallujah is easily the best out of that bunch and I actually think they have a shot of winning it if they get in the contest.

Seventhzealot
03-01-2012, 07:49 AM
I don't even know half the bands on that list.

kalfitegrdan
03-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Cerebral Bore posted something on their Facebook yesterday about trying to get them on SS. God dammit, I hope they get the opening spot.

AnataFan4Life
03-01-2012, 08:05 AM
I actually hope there's a Slaughter Survivors Tour this time, because it seems like it could actually have a decent lineup this time.

Seventhzealot
03-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Cerebral Bore posted something on their Facebook yesterday about trying to get them on SS. God dammit, I hope they get the opening spot.

Yep. I posted their name too on that status.

kalfitegrdan
03-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Yep. I posted their name too on that status.

I don't have a Facebook, so I have to silently watch and wait. :hecho:

Seventhzealot
03-01-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't have a Facebook, so I have to silently watch and wait. :hecho:

You better tell one of your non-metal friends to post your votes when the actual voting begins ;)

kalfitegrdan
03-01-2012, 10:50 AM
You better tell one of your non-metal friends to post your votes when the actual voting begins ;)

That's what I did last year. :lol: My friend and I were the two that cared the most about what band was opening and we're like the only two people that we know that don't have Facebooks.

Seventhzealot
03-01-2012, 03:26 PM
That's what I did last year. :lol: My friend and I were the two that cared the most about what band was opening and we're like the only two people that we know that don't have Facebooks.

Well yeah a lot of my friends voted for Revocation too and were serious about it. Didn't stop them getting an abysmal amount of votes though :hecho:

metallicbrian666
03-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I voted for Augury, Revocation, and Neuraxis. Then I made a separate comment saying people voting for Within The Ruins had terrible taste in music. When I checked the final votes they had me listed as only voting for Within The Ruins. Lol

Seventhzealot
03-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I voted for Augury, Revocation, and Neuraxis. Then I made a separate comment saying people voting for Within The Ruins had terrible taste in music. When I checked the final votes they had me listed as only voting for Within The Ruins. Lol

That's crazy :lol: but understandable given the counting was done on 4/20, I suppose ;)

anomynous
03-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Revocation, The Contortionist (who are probably on it already), or Fallujah

AnataFan4Life
03-01-2012, 08:57 PM
So are Periphery on this or Mayhem?

MPF
03-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I interviewed Erik from Hate Eternal tonight. It's not in the interview, I asked him after, but Hate eternal will NOT be on Summer Slaughter.

Sorry Guys :(

In other news Goatwhore couldn't be happier to be on Summer Slaughter. They are either (according to Ben, who I also interviewed) 5th or 6th on the bill.

OraclesofAgony
03-02-2012, 12:04 AM
I interviewed Erik from Hate Eternal tonight. It's not in the interview, I asked him after, but Hate eternal will NOT be on Summer Slaughter.

Sorry Guys :(

In other news Goatwhore couldn't be happier to be on Summer Slaughter. They are either (according to Ben, who I also interviewed) 5th or 6th on the bill.

Bummer. I'm glad I got to see them on the current tour then.

mastodon421
03-02-2012, 04:49 AM
So are Periphery on this or Mayhem?

This, the Mayhem lineup is already complete.

AnataFan4Life
03-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Sucks about Hate Eternal =(

Hopefully Obscura are on board for this. If not, I at least hope they will do another headlining tour.

Steev
03-02-2012, 06:05 AM
This, the Mayhem lineup is already complete.

Sumerian just posted another one of their bands will be added Monday

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Sucks about Hate Eternal =(

Hopefully Obscura are on board for this. If not, I at least hope they will do another headlining tour.

Yeah although I'd love to see them headlining, I think they'll be down to songwriting after this summer(the European tour and possibly SS).

AnataFan4Life
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM
If Obscura do have another headlining run, they should get Beyond Creation as an opener.

I'm super serial about that band coming to the US :tongue:

VoidFlame
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
If Obscura do have another headlining run, they should get Beyond Creation as an opener.

I'm super serial about that band coming to the US :tongue:

The first time they played in Montreal, Beyond Creation was the opener. Great live band and I'm seeing them again on March 30th with Unhuman, First Fragment and Teramobil (Forest's killer new mathcore/prog band).

AnataFan4Life
03-02-2012, 09:21 AM
The first time they played in Montreal, Beyond Creation was the opener. Great live band and I'm seeing them again on March 30th with Unhuman, First Fragment and Teramobil (Forest's killer new mathcore/prog band).

Somebody needs to get them into the US so they can all be exposed to their awesomeness. I'll be sure to check out Teramobil too; every band i've heard so far with Forest in it has been great.

AnataFan4Life
03-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm assuming they ended up choosing Goatwhore over Hate Eternal.

MPF
03-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah although I'd love to see them headlining, I think they'll be down to songwriting after this summer(the European tour and possibly SS).

Nope. Not until.....actually I should wait until the interview comes out to answer that one. :tongue:

I'm assuming they ended up choosing Goatwhore over Hate Eternal.

Also nope.

anomynous
03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Nope. Not until.....actually I should wait until the interview comes out to answer that one. :tongue:

Pretty sure he was talking about Obscura

MPF
03-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure he was talking about Obscura

I know....:tongue:

AnataFan4Life
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
As long as Obscura are doing some sort of US tour, i'll be pleased. One of my favorite bands, plus they are AMAZING live.

schwenger
03-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Spawn of Possession should be added, blows every other "tech death" band away, plus their new album is amazing.

I don't think they've ever toured the US (at least in the last 7 years or so) and Obscura has toured the US a few times so SOP would be a lot better choice imo.

VoidFlame
03-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I'll be sure to check out Teramobil too; every band i've heard so far with Forest in it has been great.

They have no song recorded yet, but me and one of my friend went to their practice room and they played their set for us. Fuck, they're 3 of the best musicians I've ever seen play. Expect something great when it gets tracked.

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
As long as Obscura are doing some sort of US tour, i'll be pleased. One of my favorite bands, plus they are AMAZING live.

This. Definitely one of my top 10 bands. Seen them thrice but I want to see them again!

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 05:20 PM

:confused: Interview with whom?

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Spawn of Possession should be added, blows every other "tech death" band away, plus their new album is amazing.

I don't think they've ever toured the US (at least in the last 7 years or so) and Obscura has toured the US a few times so SOP would be a lot better choice imo.

Well they're touring as direct support for Obscura along with Gorod and Exivious now so I think they should bring that tour to the US.

Besides Munzi plays for SoP too now and so them and Obscura being on a bill together is quite a good possibility.

MPF
03-02-2012, 09:48 PM
:confused: Interview with whom?

Erik from Hate Eternal, he eluded to a couple things. If it has to be edited out (which I hope not) it will won't be in there. But Erik eluded to a couple things where if you are an Obscura fan, you will be happy.

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Erik from Hate Eternal, he eluded to a couple things. If it has to be edited out (which I hope not) it will won't be in there. But Erik eluded to a couple things where if you are an Obscura fan, you will be happy.

I guess that means I should be elated :tongue:

treghet
03-02-2012, 09:53 PM
If it has to be edited out (which I hope not) it will won't be in there.

wat. :lol:

OraclesofAgony
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Well they're touring as direct support for Obscura along with Gorod and Exivious now so I think they should bring that tour to the US.

Besides Munzi plays for SoP too now and so them and Obscura being on a bill together is quite a good possibility.

God damn that is an awesome tour! :rocker:

I'd love for that to come to the US. Probably wont though :(

Seventhzealot
03-02-2012, 10:05 PM
God damn that is an awesome tour! :rocker:

I'd love for that to come to the US. Probably wont though :(

I know man! As much I liked Abysmal Dawn and Enfold Darkness opening for Obscura; Sop, Gorod and Exivious opening for them is just on a different plane altogether

MPF
03-02-2012, 10:07 PM
wat. :lol:

I'm hoping what we got on camera doesn't have to be edited out.

Bergman101
03-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Abysmal Dawn and Enfold Darkness > Gorod and Exivious.

Seventhzealot
03-03-2012, 12:54 AM

:confused: Possibly but add Spawn Of Possession to that and that tour is clearly better than the US tour.

OraclesofAgony
03-03-2012, 01:03 AM

Gorod > all bands mentioned, so no

treghet
03-03-2012, 02:20 AM
I'd prefer Gorod and Hour of Penance. I don't like Abysmal Dawn's vocalist and Enfold Darkness just grates on my ears. I couldn't stand them a few years ago and I can't stand them now.

slapguitarer
03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Exivious is the tits.

Seventhzealot
03-03-2012, 10:54 AM
:confused: Possibly but add Spawn Of Possession to that and that tour is clearly better than the US tour.

I have to say that the possibly here was meant in the context of a live setting because I have never seen Gorod or Exivious live. On CD however, AD and ED are nowhere even near Gorod.

larvtard
03-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Gorod > all bands mentioned, so no

This, Gorod is easily one of the top 5 tech-death bands in existence. Along with Origin, Neuraxis, Revocation, and Nile.

anomynous
03-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I guess Revocation can qualify as tech death, even though I put them in some weird space between tech death and thrash

AnataFan4Life
03-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Steffan messaged me about my Kickstarter preorder, and told me Obscura would be back in the US very soon. I wonder what it will be for...

Seventhzealot
03-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Steffan messaged me about my Kickstarter preorder, and told me Obscura would be back in the US very soon. I wonder what it will be for...

:rocker:

MPF
03-03-2012, 10:14 PM
I eluded to it enough times on this thread. I'm glad to hear at least Obscura will b on Summer Slaughter. Spawn Of Possession would be badass, but would require more visas.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it is all possible.

treghet
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Awesome. With Obscura that pretty much solidifies that I'll be there.

dcmetal108
03-04-2012, 10:25 AM
WE NEED MORE CORE BANDS!

brutal_descent
03-04-2012, 10:34 AM
WE NEED MORE CORE BANDS!

The royal we ;)

TiradesOfTruth
03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
From Pyrophobic Radio Facebook Page:
Summer Slaughter people might get mad BUT Sam of Goatwhore has confirmed that Job For A Cowboy WILL be on the Summer Slaughter Tour!!!

mastodon421
03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Not surprising, but fuck yes:rocker: Wouldn't be at all surprised if they were the offical confirmed band for this week.

OraclesofAgony
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
WE NEED MORE CORE BANDS!

:headoff:

dcmetal108
03-04-2012, 08:15 PM
hahah someone had to say it lol.

But really this tour is AWESOME!

Just hope that BTBAM play Prequel To The Sequel.

anomynous
03-04-2012, 09:29 PM
lolz

They missed yet another Sunday

BloodoftheKings
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
lolz

They missed yet another Sunday

I feel like they just gave up because the band announcements keep leaking before Sunday anyway.

AnataFan4Life
03-05-2012, 02:28 PM
The late announcement this week may have something to do with the whole Sumerian involvement in Mayhem Festival.

brutal_descent
03-06-2012, 03:30 AM
From the Facebook page:

Guys apologies on not having announced another band this past Sunday. Unfortunately we have to wait until this coming Sunday to disclose who they are, but to make up for it we will also be launching the voting contest of 10 bands to choose from as well. Stay tuned and thanks for your support & patience!

Nickweiser
03-08-2012, 12:47 PM
well i guess periphery is not on this after all. rumor has it theyll be announced on mayhem after their tour with protest the hero.

im guessin JFAC is next announcement.

Maybe followed by Obscura

hellawaits77ny
03-08-2012, 01:10 PM
From Pyrophobic Radio Facebook Page:
Summer Slaughter people might get mad BUT Sam of Goatwhore has confirmed that Job For A Cowboy WILL be on the Summer Slaughter Tour!!!

I'm cool wit dat :rocker:

VoidFlame
03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
^ Yeah! JFAC kills.

brutal_descent
03-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Cannibal Corpse
Between the Buried and Me
The Faceless
Exhumed
Goatwhore
Veil of Maya
Job for a Cowboy

I'm totally OK with this lineup so far.

mankvill
03-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Cannibal Corpse
Between the Buried and Me
The Faceless
Exhumed
Goatwhore
Veil of Maya
Job for a Cowboy

I'm totally OK with this lineup so far.

Man, this is the perfect lineup to say "I'll just show up late"

MPF
03-09-2012, 12:24 AM
I confirmed it with Ben from Goatwhore....they are announcing the band's order, in headlining order.

So those that are really pumped or disappointed so far. Now you have a reason to.

brutal_descent
03-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I confirmed it with Ben from Goatwhore....they are announcing the band's order, in headlining order.

So those that are really pumped or disappointed so far. Now you have a reason to.

GOATWHORE OVER JFAC AND VOM

ORDER HAS BEEN RESTORED IN THIS WORLD

OraclesofAgony
03-09-2012, 12:40 AM

:party:

treghet
03-09-2012, 12:40 AM
I assumed it was the running order, but it's good to know for sure now. Exhumed that high = awesome. :party:

detuned
03-09-2012, 04:31 AM
ben from goatwhore is clearly wrong

treghet
03-09-2012, 04:35 AM
ben from goatwhore is clearly wrong

Uh... why?

mastodon421
03-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Uh... why?

Cause Goatwhore isn't even as close to as popular as Job For A Cowboy and Veil Of Maya. Not saying that couldn't possibly be the order of the lineup (or that it's wrong in terms of quality of bands), but it doesn't make any sense from a putting a running order in terms of popularity standpoint.

treghet
03-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Cause Goatwhore isn't even as close to as popular as Job For A Cowboy and Veil Of Maya. Not saying that couldn't possibly be the order of the lineup (or that it's wrong in terms of quality of bands), but it doesn't make any sense from a putting a running order in terms of popularity standpoint.

It doesn't always go by popularity. Carnifex was the third band to play on the 2010 lineup, but they are more popular than almost all the bands that played after them. And last year Powerglove played somewhere in the middle.

AnataFan4Life
03-09-2012, 05:18 AM
It's not like order matters at SS anyways. In past years bands who went on later have had shorter sets than bands who went on earlier.

On another note, if they are indeed announcing the bands in order, then I really doubt Periphery are on this now.

kalfitegrdan
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
On another note, if they are indeed announcing the bands in order, then I really doubt Periphery are on this now.

Fingers crossed. I fucking hate them.

anomynous
03-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I'd take Periphery over Goatwhore & Exhumed anyday

treghet
03-09-2012, 08:58 AM

Go you! http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp99/x_hysteria/template/msn_thumbs_up.gif

brutal_descent
03-09-2012, 08:59 AM

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/788/105/4d8/resized/fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-serious-or-trolling-7e8642.jpg

kalfitegrdan
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM

If by take, you mean take them outside and beat them to death for existing, then yeah, I would also take Periphery over Goatwhore and Exhumed.

brutal_descent
03-09-2012, 09:05 AM
If by take, you mean take them outside and beat them to death for existing, then yeah, I would also take Periphery over Goatwhore and Exhumed.

:hecho: Seriously? I would reserve that kind of punishment for Insane Clown Posse and Limp Bizkit.

kalfitegrdan
03-09-2012, 09:07 AM
:hecho: Seriously? I would reserve that kind of punishment for Insane Clown Posse and Limp Bizkit.

Not really. It was the only thing that I could think of at the moment. Cannibal Corpse'll do that to you. :tongue:

Definitely would be justified for those two though.

Seventhzealot
03-09-2012, 09:19 AM

:lol:

anomynous
03-09-2012, 09:32 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/memes-u-mad.gif

makethemsuffer12
03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I prefer Periphery to Exhumed and Goatwhore, but not for this tour. Hell fucking no.

brutal_descent
03-09-2012, 09:49 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/memes-u-mad.gif

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll181/GwannaSauna/1316854101047.jpg

mankvill
03-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Goatwhore is bigger than JFAC.

Not only are they older and have had an impact on the underground scene longer than JFAC ever will, they've pretty much been riding a huge wave of popularity since Alchemy Of The Black Sun Cult came out, but ESPECIALLY since Carving Out The Eyes Of God came out.

JFAC was pretty much universally reviled by the metal community until Ruination came out in 2009. Before then, they were just a blip on the scene for metalheads (although admittedly, they were huge for deathcore) that just happened to be opening local shows in Arizona. I'd equate JFAC 7 years ago to, say, how big Rings of Saturn is now.

In 2006, Goatwhore landed the opening spot on Celtic Frost's reunion tour. Nuff said.

brutal_descent
03-09-2012, 11:14 AM

Not only are they older and have had an impact on the underground scene longer than JFAC ever will, they've pretty much been riding a huge wave of popularity since Alchemy Of The Black Sun Cult came out, but ESPECIALLY since Carving Out The Eyes Of God came out.

JFAC was pretty much universally reviled by the metal community until Ruination came out in 2009. Before then, they were just a blip on the scene for metalheads (although admittedly, they were huge for deathcore) that just happened to be opening local shows in Arizona. I'd equate JFAC 7 years ago to, say, how big Rings of Saturn is now.

In 2006, Goatwhore landed the opening spot on Celtic Frost's reunion tour. Nuff said.

JFAC listeners on Last.fm: 239,705
Celtic Frost listeners on Last.fm: 150,484
Goatwhore listeners on Last.fm: 30,089

JFAC (official page) fans on Facebook: 338,638
Celtic Frost (unofficial page) fans on Facebook: 47,459
Goatwhore (official page) fans on Facebook: 35,162

and just to prove my point:

JFAC fans on MySpace: 270,662
Celtic Frost fans on MySpace: 66,286
Goatwhore fans on MySpace: 71,648

VoidFlame
03-09-2012, 11:22 AM

Most facebook fans "like" them because of Doom, and most of them won't come out to see them. Last time I saw them, 2/3 of the crowd had left after Whitechapel.

detuned
03-09-2012, 11:29 AM

and then first week sales

GOATWHORE
Carving Out The Eyes Of God (2009) - 2,700
Blood For The Master (2012) - 3,100

JFAC
Genesis (2007) - 13,000
Ruination (2009) - 10,600

treghet
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeeahh, sorry Manks, Goatwhore is not bigger than JFAC.

Nater
03-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeeahh, sorry Manks, Goatwhore is not bigger than JFAC.

No but they are a better band:rocker:

mastodon421
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM

You've got to be shitting me. I like Goatwhore a bit more, but JFAC is by far more popular. Goatwhore just played here at a fucking tiny-ass, shithole club that holds 300 people and they wern't even headlining. JFAC headlined the same venue when Doom came out. JFAC has also sold a shitload more records. How many top 100 debuts does Goatwhore have? 0 How many does JFAC have 2, It's that simple. Goatwhore is definitely more seasoned and a marginally better band (imo), but they aren't even close to JFAC when it comes to popularity.

Treghet, you did bring up an interesting point with Carnifex earlier. Summer Slaughter doesn't always bill in order of popularity so it very well could be the case that Goatwhore is billed ahead of Veil of Maya and JFAC even though they are less popular.

Weighing on the whole Periphery thing, I have feeling they were the cause of the lack of an announcement this week. I think they were on Summer Slaughter intially then Sumerian shuffled them over to Mayhem Fest, hence the no announcement this week. Periphery is a great band, but they are without a doubt a much better fit on Mayhem than on Summer Slaughter.

elturtleboy
03-09-2012, 11:49 AM
If things where my way, I'd have Exhumed/Goatwhore play right before Cannibal.

AnataFan4Life
03-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Pleasantly surprised at the level of support being shown for Cerebral Bore :rocker:

mankvill
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
You've got to be shitting me. I like Goatwhore a bit more, but JFAC is by far more popular. Goatwhore just played here at a fucking tiny-ass, shithole club that holds 300 people and they wern't even headlining. JFAC headlined the same venue when Doom came out. JFAC has also sold a shitload more records. How many top 100 debuts does Goatwhore have? 0 How many does JFAC have 2, It's that simple. Goatwhore is definitely more seasoned and a marginally better band (imo), but they aren't even close to JFAC when it comes to popularity.

Treghet, you did bring up an interesting point with Carnifex earlier. Summer Slaughter doesn't always bill in order of popularity so it very well could be the case that Goatwhore is billed ahead of Veil of Maya and JFAC even though they are less popular.

Weighing on the whole Periphery thing, I have feeling they were the cause of the lack of an announcement this week. I think they were on Summer Slaughter intially then Sumerian shuffled them over to Mayhem Fest, hence the no announcement this week. Periphery is a great band, but they are without a doubt a much better fit on Mayhem than on Summer Slaughter.

But you're only bringing up sales. If that was the case, why isn't JFAC above Exhumed?

Goatwhore is more legendary and has a better standing in the current metal scene than JFAC right now. Sure, 4 years ago when all the metal labels were jacking off over the prospect of signing these hot new deathcore bands they would have been more popular. But it's not the case anymore.

mankvill
03-09-2012, 12:44 PM
JFAC headlined a venue 4 years ago here and had a good-sized crowd. Hate Eternal opened for them, and opening for HE was All Shall Perish.

2 years ago, I saw JFAC/Whitechapel co-headline the same venue (Cattle Decap. and Revocation opened) and about half the venue left after Whitechapel.

Whitechapel is now headlining THREE larger venues (one in KC, one in Lawrence, and one in Wichita) in the coming months, and All Shall Perish is headlining a larger venue as well.

JFAC opened for BTBAM last year and the crowd for them was virtually non-existant. Sure, it might have been a bad choice to open for BTBAM, but maybe their popularity just isn't as far-reaching as it once was.

treghet
03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
2 years ago, I saw JFAC/Whitechapel co-headline the same venue (Cattle Decap. and Revocation opened) and about half the venue left after Whitechapel.

Saw the same tour and the crowd was going apeshit for JFAC.

detuned
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM
JFAC headlined a venue 4 years ago here and had a good-sized crowd. Hate Eternal opened for them, and opening for HE was All Shall Perish.

Whitechapel is now headlining THREE larger venues (one in KC, one in Lawrence, and one in Wichita) in the coming months, and All Shall Perish is headlining a larger venue as well.

JFAC opened for BTBAM last year and the crowd for them was virtually non-existant. Sure, it might have been a bad choice to open for BTBAM, but maybe their popularity just isn't as far-reaching as it once was.
you live in kansas

mankvill
03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
you live in kansas

Which is where these deathcore tours tour the most. Haven't you been paying attention?

MPF
03-09-2012, 02:26 PM
On a somewhat related topic. Deathcore goes over like a lead balloon here in Minnesota.

When I did my interviews with Goatwhore and Hate Eternal, I learned during the Machine Head tour that Suicide Silence got boo'ed after every song and the only cheering they got was when the last last piece of their equipment was taken off stage.

Nater
03-09-2012, 04:47 PM
deathcore is still fairly popular this side of the country. Mass up is full of rabid fans. No doubt JFAC will bring fans out in droves. I'm goign to Metal Alliance so I will gage for all of us how well received they are.

mankvill
03-09-2012, 04:51 PM
deathcore is still fairly popular this side of the country. Mass up is full of rabid fans. No doubt JFAC will bring fans out in droves. I'm goign to Metal Alliance so I will gage for all of us how well received they are.

I have a theory.

I think deathcore (especially back from like 2005 - 2008) was huge in conservative red states because of the kids there more than likely having super overbaring parents. They just wanted something to rebel against and deathcore had the most flashy, faux-brutal image that they latched onto it.

That's why you'd see all these deathcore tours going to places like Mobile, AL and Chattanooga and stuff. It's obviously become its own entity now, though.

Northern_Shaman
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I have a theory.

I think deathcore (especially back from like 2005 - 2008) was huge in conservative red states because of the kids there more than likely having super overbaring parents. They just wanted something to rebel against and deathcore had the most flashy, faux-brutal image that they latched onto it.

That's why you'd see all these deathcore tours going to places like Mobile, AL and Chattanooga and stuff. It's obviously become its own entity now, though.

Makes sense. Vancouver is a somewhat liberal city and I barely ever hear about -core bands coming here. And the few times they've been on tours I've seen (Suicide Silence opening for Slayer/Megadeth and JFAC on Gigantour 08) the deathcore bands were bottled and boo'd pretty harshly.

hellawaits77ny
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
It's not like order matters at SS anyways. In past years bands who went on later have had shorter sets than bands who went on earlier.

Yeah, good point. Dying Fetus played 4th to last last year, and played for 40 minutes. Whitechapel was main support and played for only 37 minutes.

Natrlhi
03-09-2012, 11:22 PM
I have a theory.

That's why you'd see all these deathcore tours going to places like Mobile, AL and Chattanooga and stuff. It's obviously become its own entity now, though.This is true. It's also why former Catholic school girls who were raised by overbearing parents are THE BEST. ;)

treghet
03-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I have a theory.

It seems like you're just stereotyping deathcore kids as those who are rebelling against their parents, which is simply not true. It's just a preconceived notion that metalheads have towards the deathcore community. I'm sure that there are some kids that got into the genre for those reasons, but that happens in any form of extreme music. Having gone through high school while deathcore was at its peak I can tell you that your generalization is far off. None of the friends I had that were into deathcore had strict, overbearing parents. And deathcore was just as popular in liberal states at conservative ones. Suicide Silence, As Blood Runs Black, Carnifex, All Shall Perish, Suffokate, Winds of Plague, Arsonists Get All the Girls, and more have all come from California.

GarageMetal468
03-10-2012, 05:09 AM
It may be a stereotype but it's sure as hell a huge reason to get into deathcore. Trust me, this is basically high school all over again for me. I used to listen to deathcore all the time around 2007-2008 because it was something to rebel against my overprotective parents at the time. Luckily by college they were more lenient and all of a sudden all these deathcore bands I used to adore were awful. So yeah, it may not be the case for everyone but it's sure a big part of why people would listen to it.

mastodon421
03-10-2012, 06:29 AM
But you're only bringing up sales. If that was the case, why isn't JFAC above Exhumed?

Goatwhore is more legendary and has a better standing in the current metal scene than JFAC right now. Sure, 4 years ago when all the metal labels were jacking off over the prospect of signing these hot new deathcore bands they would have been more popular. But it's not the case anymore.

JFAC's popularity has dipped a little bit since they switched to straight-up death metal I'll give you that, but that still doesn't make Goatwhore more popular than them. Also sure Goatwhore as a better standing in the underground than JFAC, but that's about it. Maybe it's only in Kansas they have gotten extremely less popular because the last time I saw them up here (at NEMHF 2010 when they are were on tour with Whitechapel, Cattle Decapitation, and Gaza) they got an insane crowd reception which was amongst the strongest, if not the strongest for the whole day. I can't say how they were recieved at NEMHF last year because they were on at the same time as Skeletonwitch, but I'm sure the crowd reception was great once again. Lastly, Exhumed is billed over them because they are an iconic extreme metal act. As I much as I like Goatwhore, they aren't an iconic or legendary band like Exhumed is. But like treghet said eariler, the billing order doesn't really matter that much on Summer Slaughter because pretty much everyone gets the same amount of time except the first and last few bands.

AnataFan4Life
03-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Looks like the opener is coming down to Fallujah and Cerebral Bore.

dcmetal108
03-10-2012, 07:57 AM
It may be a stereotype but it's sure as hell a huge reason to get into deathcore. Trust me, this is basically high school all over again for me. I used to listen to deathcore all the time around 2007-2008 because it was something to rebel against my overprotective parents at the time. Luckily by college they were more lenient and all of a sudden all these deathcore bands I used to adore were awful. So yeah, it may not be the case for everyone but it's sure a big part of why people would listen to it.

See I never fell into the rebel stage when I started listening to metal and got into metalcore. Actually my parents ending up being fine with it and actually supporting me listening to it by buying me the cds and taking me to shows. But this all started in like 7th grade and shit.

GarageMetal468
03-10-2012, 08:03 AM

This is acceptable

AnataFan4Life
03-10-2012, 08:23 AM
This is acceptable

Better than Within the Ruins.

That being said, if the last few bands on the lineup end up being awesome, I could really care less if a garbage band opens the tour.

dcmetal108
03-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Seriously other than the fact that they are a core band why does everyone hate on Within The Ruins?

metallicbrian666
03-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Seriously other than the fact that they are a core band why does everyone hate on Within The Ruins?
Because they suck and were chosen over Augury, Revocation and Neuraxis, thus adding another terrible band to the lineup

mastodon421
03-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Fine by me, but I really hope Fallujah gets it. They are probably the only locks to be on the ballot so far, I'm curious to see what the rest of it is going to look like.

metallicbrian666
03-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Man fuck Fallujah, CB all fuckin day

mastodon421
03-10-2012, 08:55 AM

Fallujah>Cerebral Bore and it's not even close.

anomynous
03-10-2012, 09:04 AM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/FsHM9.gif

treghet
03-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I actually wouldn't mind seeing either of them. They're both light years better than Within the Ruins, so I have no reason to complain.

metallicbrian666
03-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Cerebral is killer brutal death. Fallujah is cool but I don't like them nearly as much

mankvill
03-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I like Fallujah and Cerebral Bore (especially CB) but I think Fallujah is better suited for Summer Slaughter.

slapguitarer
03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't care for either of 'em, but Fallujah are pretty much from my home town, so it's good to see 'em get some recognition.

kalfitegrdan
03-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Cerebral is killer brutal death. Fallujah is cool but I don't like them nearly as much

This.

I really hope Cerebral Bore gets it. I was looking forward to seeing them with Hate Eternal like no other.

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like Rings of Saturn will be returning as well for the opening ballot.

I swear, they are the new Rose Funeral when it comes to tours, except people actually LIKE them :barf:

dcmetal108
03-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like Rings of Saturn will be returning as well for the opening ballot.

I swear, they are the new Rose Funeral when it comes to tours, except people actually LIKE them :barf:

If their added to the list, I'm just going to start putting Animals As Leaders on SS FB's page so they get added as well.

slapguitarer
03-11-2012, 02:14 PM
I've been posting Disma regularly. I doubt it'll do a thing, but it would be cool to see 'em there.

anomynous
03-11-2012, 02:32 PM
AAL was already on SS though

OraclesofAgony
03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I've been posting Disma regularly. I doubt it'll do a thing, but it would be cool to see 'em there.

Yeah, keep dreaming. :lol:

Not that that wouldn't be awesome though. Just won't ever happen.

dcmetal108
03-11-2012, 04:52 PM
AAL was already on SS though

I know but hasn't Rings Of Saturn also been on before. Rather have AAL than ROS.

MPF
03-11-2012, 04:55 PM
I know but hasn't Rings Of Saturn also been on before. Rather have AAL than ROS.

No the did the Summer Slaughter Survivor's tour. Which was all the bands that didn't win last year's contest, plus Scale The Summit.

kommie
03-11-2012, 05:05 PM
and even then, I don't think AAL were the opening band, much less they've done headlining tours so.... I doubt they would ever play first at SS.

mastodon421
03-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I hope there is some other cool bands besides Fallujah and Cereberal Bore on the voting list this year. Maybe they could throw in someone like Son of Aurelius or Vale of Pnath?

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I just hope they don't make it completely one sided like last year.

elturtleboy
03-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I haven't heard Falluja or Cerebral Bore. But according to to metal archives ..

Falluja-
Blackened Deathcore (early), Progressive/Technical Death Metal/Deathcore (later)

Cerebral Bore-
Brutal Death Metal(and a attractive female wearing an Exhumed shirt)

Guess who I'm voting for.

anomynous
03-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Falljuah isn't really deathcore at all

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Apparently the announcement is coming at midnight eastern time.

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Not sure about their early stuff, but The Harvest Wombs doesn't really sound like deathcore to me. Sounds like straight up tech-death with atmospheric touches.

anomynous
03-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Also keep in mind Metal-Archives says BTBAM isn't metal

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
They don't think Last Chance to Reason are either. They said Level 2 was "a technical/progressive form of hardcore".

The fuck? :confused:

mastodon421
03-11-2012, 07:25 PM

This, they are a technical/progressive death metal band with some atmospheric sections.

MPF
03-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Last Chance To reason's first album, Level 1 was Deathcore
Level 2 was a progressive Metal masterpiece.
Level 3 will be even better.

detuned
03-11-2012, 07:58 PM
no

Bergman101
03-11-2012, 07:58 PM

This!

anomynous
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM

This, but I don't think Level 1 was deathcore.

It was mathcore/whatever Dillinger Escape Plan is if anything

hellawaits77ny
03-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I know everyone was discussing order a few days ago, but I just realized something: VOM is over JFAC. How the hell is that right? I can understand Exhumed and Goatwhore being above them, but Veil of Maya? Not only does JFAc sell more records, I'd imagine they'd be MUCH more accepted on this tour. But hey, just my opinion.

And also, and this irritates me, why is The Faceless so high up? Shit, they haven't released an album since '08, and they've had a shitload of lineup changes since. I know some of you know-it-all's will have your stupid theories on why, but that just doesn't make sense to me. Exhumed and Goatwhore should definately be higher than them. Maybe even JFAC, too.

kalfitegrdan
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I know everyone was discussing order a few days ago, but I just realized something: VOM is over JFAC. How the hell is that right? I can understand Exhumed and Goatwhore being above them, but Veil of Maya? Not only does JFAc sell more records, I'd imagine they'd be MUCH more accepted on this tour. But hey, just my opinion.

And also, and this irritates me, why is The Faceless so high up? Shit, they haven't released an album since '08, and they've had a shitload of lineup changes since. I know some of you know-it-all's will have your stupid theories on why, but that just doesn't make sense to me. Exhumed and Goatwhore should definately be higher than them. Maybe even JFAC, too.

Probably because it's run by the Ash from Sumerian. VoM and The Faceless are both Sumerian bands, so it makes sense. Also, The Faceless were in the same spot two years ago, so the promoters probably didn't see a point to bill them lower even though there are bigger bands before them this year.

anomynous
03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
You guys are saying that Goatwhore and Exhumed are bigger than the Faceless?

Also

Guys we want to tell you what's going on but due to circumstances beyond our control, we're unable to announce the two bands. They will be announced this week though, we promise. I know I know.. this sucks... but we promise it'll be worth the wait!

How about you get the lineup locked & secured before announcing the lineup?

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 09:11 PM
This is starting to get annoying. They might as well just get the whole lineup finalized and just tell us the rest of it at this point.

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 09:23 PM
On another note, Cerebral Bore, Fallujah, and Aegaeon are on the list. Apparently one band is causing the delay, as the other 8 bands are confirmed. They are considering letting people pick 2 bands instead of one.

Epidemic Reign
03-11-2012, 09:25 PM
On another note, Cerebral Bore, Fallujah, and Aegaeon are on the list. Apparently one band is causing the delay, as the other 8 bands are confirmed. They are considering letting people pick 2 bands instead of one.

Please tell me you forgot two L's in there :snivel:

AnataFan4Life
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Please tell me you forgot two L's in there :snivel:

Unfortunately no. I wish Allegaeon was on the lineup though.

OraclesofAgony
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM

Oh great, two shitty bands will be voted in now.

smearCampaign
03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Don't really care who the rest of the bands are. Just want to see some dates.

moobys37
03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
How about you get the lineup locked & secured before announcing the lineup?

99% chance it's a band currently touring. Same reason Motorhead wasn't announced for Mayhem until after Gigantour.

Epidemic Reign
03-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Don't really care who the rest of the bands are. Just want to see some dates.

This.

It took the new Cannibal Corpse record to convince me I should do everything in my power to make it to this tour, now I want the dates to see what my chances are.

anomynous
03-11-2012, 10:09 PM
99% chance it's a band currently touring. Same reason Motorhead wasn't announced for Mayhem until after Gigantour.

I get this logic, but I also think it's stupid. Announcing a tour while a band is on tour is done all the time, and it doesn't seem to affect attendance.

Also we can get Cerebral Bore & Fallujah. Everybody's happy.

I don't get it though. If "the other 8 bands are confirmed".....why all the delays and missed announcements? I'm assuming that this is in reference to all the bands not in the polls.

OraclesofAgony
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I get this logic, but I also think it's stupid. Announcing a tour while a band is on tour is done all the time, and it doesn't seem to affect attendance.

Also we can get Cerebral Bore & Fallujah. Everybody's happy.

I don't get it though. If "the other 8 bands are confirmed".....why all the delays and missed announcements? I'm assuming that this is in reference to all the bands not in the polls.

Until they announce some shitty bands with more support that are gonna be on the voting ballot too. Fallujah seems like a strong possibility though. I'd be alright with that. I'd like Cerebral Bore too but don't think they'd get enough votes.

mankvill
03-11-2012, 10:34 PM
"As for the voting contest.. FALLUJAH, CEREBRAL BORE and AEGAEON will all be contenders for the opening spot. Who else should be included? We are actually considering letting you guys vote for the 1st and 2nd spots on the tour! All the other 8 bands are confirmed."

Not all 3.

hellawaits77ny
03-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Probably because it's run by the Ash from Sumerian. .

Shit, that's right. Forgot about that.

anomynous
03-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I never said they were the only bands contending for the opening spot(s). But by looking at facebook, Fallujah & CB are clearly the most likely to win.

They're Mitt Romney to everybody else's Newt Gingrich.

mankvill
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I actually haven't been paying super close attention to this thread lately

are people calling Cerebral Bore and Fallujah bad? :mad:

Seventhzealot
03-11-2012, 11:11 PM

Far from it.

OraclesofAgony
03-11-2012, 11:17 PM

They're both good, but I just think there are some other bands that will be put on the ballot that will eclipse them. Well, maybe not Fallujah.

anomynous
03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
It would still be great if Revocation got on the tour

OraclesofAgony
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
It would still be great if Revocation got on the tour

Yeah, no chance. :( At least not the people voting them in. They didn't even get put on the Survivors tour. What a joke.

MPF
03-12-2012, 01:58 AM
This sadly ends this:

The Summer Slaughter Tour
Hey everyone we tried to get Spawn Of Possession months ago but they aren't available to come to North America this Summer :(

OraclesofAgony
03-12-2012, 02:07 AM
:boohoo:

mastodon421
03-12-2012, 05:01 AM
This is just getting ridiclous now. Can they just announce another fucking band already?

Epidemic Reign
03-12-2012, 05:05 AM
This is just getting ridiclous now. Can they just announce another fucking band already?

This. I hope they get to announce a band that plays a whopping four songs at most soon! :party:

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 06:27 AM

We already know one of them is JFAC. If the other one ends up being Obscura, they can have whatever shitty band they want to open the tour.

GarageMetal468
03-12-2012, 06:38 AM
This sadly ends this:

Cool, how about they tell us the bands they actually got and not the ones they couldn't get.

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I hope that doesn't mean they couldn't get Obscura either though :snivel:

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't even remember who's confirmed and who's rumored now :lol:

Natrlhi
03-12-2012, 10:00 AM
^ Pretty much this. I take it nothing has changed since last week, though.

mastodon421
03-12-2012, 12:31 PM
To help the people that are confused

Confirmed:
Cannibal Corpse
Between The Buried and Me
The Faceless
Exhumed
Goatwhore
Veil of Maya
Job For a Cowboy

Rumored:
Obscura
Peirphery (though we can all but offically rule them out because they are most likely on Mayhem)
The Contortionist

Confirmed For Opening Slot Voting:
Fallujah
Cerberal Bore
Aegaeon

anomynous
03-12-2012, 02:56 PM
JFAC still isn't "officially" confirmed

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 04:52 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/425342_338843209487005_111728812198447_857170_3548 94020_n.jpg

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 04:53 PM
The finalists have been chosen!! Vote for who you want to open Summer Slaughter 2012 by clicking on the "VOTING" tab on the left side of our page or by going to http://on.fb.me/Av57W9

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Good to know they had the brains to use an automated voting system this time than the farce which was last year. You're only allowed one vote though and I suppose the top two bands will then be chosen.

street_burial
03-12-2012, 04:58 PM
well it would appear as though Periphery is definitely on Mayhem.

Spiner202
03-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I was hoping you could vote for two bands. I voted for Pathology only because I figured they have a better shot than Hour of Penance. I don't think either of them would end up making it anyways, so I'll probably just show up for the last few bands.

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
WHICH BAND TO YOU WANT TO OPEN SUMMER SLAUGHTER 2012
AEGAEON (Unsigned)

5% (18 votes)
BATTLECROSS (Metal Blade)

6% (21 votes)
CEREBRAL BORE (Earache)

14% (47 votes)
ENFOLD DARKNESS (Sumerian)

4% (15 votes)
FALLUJAH (Unique Leader)

23% (80 votes)
FIT FOR AN AUTOPSY (Blackmarket)

4% (13 votes)
HOUR OF PENANCE (Prosthetic)

4% (15 votes)
I DECLARE WAR (Artery)

12% (42 votes)
PATHOLOGY (Victory)

6% (21 votes)
VILDJHARTA (Century Media)

21% (72 votes)

Present standings. I voted for Hour of Penance but I don't think they have a chance at all. Wouldn't mind Fallujah winning it though.

BloodoftheKings
03-12-2012, 05:04 PM
I never listened to any of these bands but I voted for Cerebral Bore since they were the least ghey sounding when I ran all the bands through metal archives.

Someguy89
03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
I voted for Hour of Penance :rocker: but I really doubt they would win anyway lol they are too underground over here

dcmetal108
03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Should I vote for I Declare War or Pathology? Choices Choices.

masterguy49
03-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Looking by the voting Fallujah and Vildjharta will win.

OraclesofAgony
03-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Hour of Penance will be this year's Revocation probably. Stupid idiot public.

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I picked Hour of Penance, but I don't see them winning.

hellawaits77ny
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I voted for Pathology, being the slam fan I am. Would be cool w/ HOP or Fallujah though, too. Will probably show up late, anyway.

mankvill
03-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm voting for Fallujah. After the shitty deal they got during the Goatwhore/Hate Eternal tour, I feel like it'd help them a bunch.

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd be okay with any of these bands except for I Declare War and Fit For an Autopsy

OraclesofAgony
03-12-2012, 05:57 PM
At the very least, Hour of Penance better get a spot on that Survivors tour if they do that again.

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm doing all I can so Hour of Penance can at least have a fighting chance at best :tongue:

OraclesofAgony
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm doing all I can so Hour of Penance can at least have a fighting chance at best :tongue:

Me too. :horns:

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
At the very least, Hour of Penance better get a spot on that Survivors tour if they do that again.

I sure hope so. They could actually make a pretty decent survivors tour this year.

OraclesofAgony
03-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I sure hope so. They could actually make a pretty decent survivors tour this year.

Yeah the Survivors tour might be pretty good, we'll see though.

metallicbrian666
03-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Cerebral Bore/Hour Of Penance/Pathology tour would be sick, but if there's a Survivors tour it'll suck dick because the main lineup's too good

OraclesofAgony
03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Hour of Penance is currently second-to-last.

:mad:

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 06:36 PM
If I Declare War wins this, i'm showing up late.

Seriously though, they don't even fit this year's lineup.

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Hour of Penance is currently second-to-last.

:mad:

What an enormous pile of bullfuck.

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
What an enormous pile of bullfuck.

third to last now. Still a long way to go though. Has to be noted that neither them nor Fleshgod has posted the link on their page yet. That could be the game changer hopefully.

anomynous
03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
It's going to be Fallujah and Vildjharta

because of thall

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 06:57 PM
It's going to be Fallujah and Vildjharta

because of thall

I'll say it again: better than Within the Ruins.

Bergman101
03-12-2012, 07:23 PM
I would honestly be okay with any of these bands opening. I voted for I Declare War though.

AnataFan4Life
03-12-2012, 07:27 PM
On another note, what the fuck is thall?

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 07:39 PM
On another note, what the fuck is thall?

I had to check that on urbandictionary :lol: Its Vildjharta's upcoming album apparently.

anomynous
03-12-2012, 07:46 PM
I have no clue what thall is. All I know is Vildjharta coined it, and it's a word you can use for anything.

kalfitegrdan
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
If Vildjharta wins, I'm going to punch somebody.

I had to log onto my girlfriend's Facebook just to vote for Cerebral Bore.

coltongsmith
03-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I had to log onto my girlfriend's Facebook just to vote for Cerebral Bore.

gonna have to do the same soon, and spam a bunch of friends to vote

treghet
03-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I voted for I Declare War though.

I hereby revoke your voting rights.

dcmetal108
03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
My vote for Cerebral Core has been casted. Now accept me! lol

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
My vote for Cerebral Core has been casted. Now accept me! lol

Freudian slip? ;)

MPF
03-12-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't like that you can only vote once. 6 of the bands listed I would love to see on the bill.

But my favorite of all the bands listed is Hour Of Penance, so I'm voting for them.

GarageMetal468
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Just listened to that Vidjahdfa[pad whatever the hell their name is band just now for the first time...

:barf:

No. Please no. How the fuck are they in second place. Are they trying to get at least one flaw in this already awesome lineup?

treghet
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
But my favorite of all the bands listed is Hour Of Penance, so I'm voting for them.

Same. :fist:

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Just listened to that Vidjahdfa[pad whatever the hell their name is band just now for the first time...

:barf:

No. Please no. How the fuck are they in second place. Are they trying to get at least one flaw in this already awesome lineup?

They have the most likes among the bands listed and are on the biggest record label amongst the bands listed. Besides, djent.

Seventhzealot
03-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Who the fuck are I declare war? They have suddenly leapt to third place now.

treghet
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Who the fuck are I declare war? They have suddenly leapt to third place now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LNfyeaH-Ak

Fun fact: the vocalist in that video is now the vocalist for Pathology.

GarageMetal468
03-12-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LNfyeaH-Ak

Man, they're not even trying. But, I'm still excited to see the hardcore Cannibal Corpse fans' reactions to them if they get on!

anomynous
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
They have the most likes among the bands listed and are on the biggest record label amongst the bands listed. Besides, djent.

They aren't djent, they're thall. :tongue:

But seriously, everybody jizzes their pants over the mention of vildjharta, and they're just a Meshuggah clone. Not because they're djent, but because they sound exactly like Meshuggah.

MPF
03-12-2012, 10:30 PM
They aren't djent, they're thall. :tongue:

But seriously, everybody jizzes their pants over the mention of vildjharta, and they're just a Meshuggah clone. Not because they're djent, but because they sound exactly like Meshuggah.

This This and More this. To the average person, they think this is what all Djent sounds like. It's fucking garbage.

mankvill
03-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Fun fact: the vocalist in that video is now the vocalist for Pathology.

:I

jd091
03-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Vildhjarta is sick. End of story.

Still want to see Hour of Penance open up the most. I'd also fucking love I Declare War since they pretty much COMPLETELY left out Deathcore this year. :tongue: And I really like their new album.

kalfitegrdan
03-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Vildhjarta is dick. End of story.

Fixed. :tongue:

OraclesofAgony
03-13-2012, 02:22 AM

Still want to see Hour of Penance open up the most. I'd also fucking love I Declare War since they pretty much COMPLETELY left out Deathcore this year. :tongue: And I really like their new album.

:dance:

mastodon421
03-13-2012, 05:09 AM
Voted for Fallujah, but I would be content with any of those bands opening with the exception of I Declare War. I think it's pretty much a race between Fallujah, Cereberal Bore, Vidharjtia, and I Declare War though for those two slots.

brutal_descent
03-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Voted for Hour of Penance, and sent a link to the voting page to almost EVERY friend I have on Facebook, even the ones that hate metal. Spammed it all over band pages and Last.fm too.

:horns:

GarageMetal468
03-13-2012, 06:10 AM

Now, see, this is why the forum has been boring lately. You scare everyone out with posts like this.

AnataFan4Life
03-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Voted for Hour of Penance, and sent a link to the voting page to almost EVERY friend I have on Facebook, even the ones that hate metal. Spammed it all over band pages and Last.fm too.

:horns:

Right behind you :rocker:

llama lom
03-13-2012, 10:45 AM

All of this.

jd091
03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Now, see, this is why the forum has been boring lately. You scare everyone out with posts like this.
All of this.

Glad someone can sympathize. :D

kommie
03-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Shocked at the lack of Deathcore bands on the list... as well as no Rings of Saturn. That Vilderhta band or whatever is actually pretty good as far as djent goes.

brutal_descent
03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
>lack of deathcore
>I Declare War
>Aegeaon
>Fallujah (arguably)
>Fit for an Autopsy

Pretty much a third of the bands.

VoidFlame
03-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Vote for Hour of Penance or die. Period.

brutal_descent
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM

:rocker::rocker:

kalfitegrdan
03-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Sorry, man. No dice. I'm seeing Hour of Penance in a few weeks with Nile, so it's Cerebral Bore all the way.

I want a damn band I haven't seen before and I gotta go with Cerebral Bore because they're a foreign band who is less likely to tour in the US, plus I'm already pissed that I didn't get to see them on the Hate Eternal tour.

jd091
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM
As of right now:

AEGAEON (Unsigned)
10% (378 votes)

8% (334 votes)

CEREBRAL BORE (Earache)
13% (507 votes)

5% (187 votes)

FALLUJAH (Unique Leader)
18% (701 votes)

5% (201 votes)

8% (300 votes)

I DECLARE WAR (Artery)
13% (506 votes)

PATHOLOGY (Victory)
6% (247 votes)

VILDHJARTA (Century Media)
16% (617 votes)

I voted I Declare War. Come at me, bros.

;)

kalfitegrdan
03-13-2012, 12:43 PM
As of right now:

AEGAEON (Unsigned)
10% (378 votes)

8% (334 votes)

CEREBRAL BORE (Earache)
13% (507 votes)

5% (187 votes)

FALLUJAH (Unique Leader)
18% (701 votes)

5% (201 votes)

8% (300 votes)

I DECLARE WAR (Artery)
13% (506 votes)

PATHOLOGY (Victory)
6% (247 votes)

VILDHJARTA (Century Media)
16% (617 votes)

I voted I Declare War. Come at me, bros.

;)

How the fuck does Battlecross have the same amount of votes as Hour of Penance?

I'd prefer I Declare War to Vildhjarta or Fit for an Autopsy or Battlecross, but I've already seen them twice and the hardcore faggotry that their music invokes is not worth it.

jd091
03-13-2012, 12:49 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16214752.jpg

<3 u lincoln

brutal_descent
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16214752.jpg

<3 u lincoln

:lovedup: :allan:

GarageMetal468
03-13-2012, 12:58 PM

I voted for Cerebral Bore as well. They have a much better chance of winning than Hour of Penance (although I would love to see them as well). But hey, looks like I'll be getting my 8 string breakdowns on by the time this is over, so it's not like it matters.