PDA

View Full Version : Summer Slaughter 2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

street_burial
12-31-2011, 08:00 AM
if BTBAM are in, fact on this the rest of the line up better be good or i shant be in attendance.

schwenger
12-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Cannibal Corpse
BTBAM
Cattle Decap?
Hate Eternal?

Already looking better then last year.

hellawaits77ny
12-31-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't get butthurt, haha. I love Between The Buried and Me, you don't. I have no problem with that.

Great to see people who respect the opinion of others!!!

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 08:22 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/396354_211335832283279_100002205913880_465360_1868 53473_n.jpg

Would love this :D :rocker:

VoidFlame
12-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Any metalhead on earth would love this! Sad it's never going to happen :/

Spiner202
12-31-2011, 08:54 AM
CC and BTBAM would be perfect. My brother and I could show up right at the end: him for BTBAM, and me for CC :D

But then they'll probably have Hate Eternal who I want to see and they'll probably be one of the first bands or something. They really should let you in and out of this event :(

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 08:59 AM
CC and BTBAM would be perfect. My brother and I could show up right at the end: him for BTBAM, and me for CC :D

But then they'll probably have Hate Eternal who I want to see and they'll probably be one of the first bands or something. They really should let you in and out of this event :(

They usually do in SF.

Spiner202
12-31-2011, 09:26 AM
They usually do in SF.

I've never been, but I've been told that you usually can't get out except for smoke breaks.

BloodoftheKings
12-31-2011, 09:28 AM
That would be amazing but the lack of deathcore and the order of the bands makes it very unrealistic.

jd091
12-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't want BTBAM on this tour? :eyes: They really don't fit in, honestly.

And sweet southern shitballs, Cattle Decap PLEASE. :drool:

street_burial
12-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't want BTBAM on this tour? :eyes: :

you're not alone. i have no desire for them to be on this tour.

schwenger
12-31-2011, 10:45 AM
You guys don't like breaks? I can't stand watching a bunch of bands in a row regardless of how good they are due to getting tired from standing. Plus BTBAM is definitely better then Whitechapel, As Blood Runs Black, Oceano etc...

mastodon421
12-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I always enjoy having 1-2 shit bands on Summer Slaughter (especially early on during The Palladium's re-entry period). It gives me a chance to go outside and get some water and chill for a little.

AnataFan4Life
12-31-2011, 11:21 AM
This year is already sounding better than last year.

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Last year it was Skeletonwitch, 1349, and Fleshgod Apocalypse they were talking about; now it's Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal, Between The Buried And Me, and Exhumed. DON'T BE FOOLED PEOPLE

AnataFan4Life
12-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Well Cannibal Corpse and BTBAM came straight from Ash's mouth, so i'm at least convinced with them.

mastodon421
12-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Well Cannibal Corpse and BTBAM came straight from Ash's mouth, so i'm at least convinced with them.

This.

AnataFan4Life
12-31-2011, 11:57 AM
So far we have Cannibal Corpse, BTBAM, Bleeding Through, and Cattle Decapitation who are confirmed or at least likely.

Three out of four isn't bad.

slapguitarer
12-31-2011, 12:01 PM
CC and BTBAM sounds good to me as long as CC are headlining. Then I don't have to endure their set! :D

AnataFan4Life
12-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I imagine Cannibal Corpse will close the show. Everybody can take a break and watch BTBAM's epicness before everyone tears each other apart during Cannibal Corpse.

It also seems like they are actually trying to get a fresh lineup this year, instead of just repeating the same bands over and over again.

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 12:15 PM
So far we have Cannibal Corpse, BTBAM, Bleeding Through, and Cattle Decapitation who are confirmed or at least likely.

Three out of four isn't bad.

What about Hate Eternal and Exhumed?

CC and BTBAM sounds good to me as long as CC are headlining. Then I don't have to endure their set! :D

>Implying you'd actually go to Summer Slaughter

AnataFan4Life
12-31-2011, 12:24 PM
What about Hate Eternal and Exhumed?

I'm taking those with a grain of salt after what happened last year.

If they are true though, I wonder why Obscura declined? CC, Cattle Decap, Hate Eternal, and Exhumed. That's four death metal (well, deathgrind in the case of Cattle Decap and Exhumed) bands already.

mankvill
12-31-2011, 12:25 PM
I love BTBAM, especially live, but I DON'T want to see them have a 45 minute set where they get 3 songs at most.

slapguitarer
12-31-2011, 12:47 PM
>Implying you'd actually go to Summer Slaughter

I would. I didn't go with you this year because the only bands I cared about were TBDM and Powerglove, and that wasn't enough to make me want to go.

Xenocide
12-31-2011, 12:50 PM
BTBAM :rocker:

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I would. I didn't go with you this year because the only bands I cared about were TBDM and Powerglove, and that wasn't enough to make me want to go.

/marks "Summer Slaughter 2012 with slappy" on calendar

slapguitarer
12-31-2011, 01:13 PM
/marks "Summer Slaughter 2012 with slappy" on calendar

If BTBAM are there, there's going to have to be a lot of bands I don't like to make me not go. This'll make up for Mayhem Fest, because it isn't looking like I"ll be going to that.

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
If BTBAM are there, there's going to have to be a lot of bands I don't like to make me not go. This'll make up for Mayhem Fest, because it isn't looking like I"ll be going to that.

Dude, same here. I'm most likely flying in much later because of that too, since I don't feel I have to make it or whatever. I'll definitely be in the Bay before Tidal Wave though, that shit looks gold right now.

metallicbrian666
12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm taking those with a grain of salt after what happened last year.

If they are true though, I wonder why Obscura declined? CC, Cattle Decap, Hate Eternal, and Exhumed. That's four death metal (well, deathgrind in the case of Cattle Decap and Exhumed) bands already.
I don't think Exhumed will be on this, I think they're just being lumped in because of the CC/Exhumed tour. And even with Exhumed, that's four bands out of an at least 8 band tour. I wouldn't be surprised if they're bringing attention to the death and grind bands to draw the attention of the "trve" crowd and then when the actual lineup is released, the rest is death/metalcore.

hiddenzombie013
12-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Holy fuck this would be a sweet lineup! CC and BTBAM is ridiculous but incredible. BTBAM is in my top 5 favorite bands ever, so I will be there already, no matter who else is there. Last year, SS only came to Ft. Lauderdale, which is about 3 1/2 hrs away from me. Last year's lineup wasn't worth the drive (since I've seen most of the bands), but I will make it if I have to this time.

slapguitarer
12-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Dude, same here. I'm most likely flying in much later because of that too, since I don't feel I have to make it or whatever. I'll definitely be in the Bay before Tidal Wave though, that shit looks gold right now.

Are there any rumored bands for Tidal Wave at all? I haven't heard anything about it.

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Are there any rumored bands for Tidal Wave at all? I haven't heard anything about it.

Ghoul and Morta Skuld, some local bands (none of which you'd probably care about) and some headliner that Tonus has kept secret for ages now. Super stoked about Ghoul and Morta Skuld, though!

slapguitarer
12-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Ghoul and Morta Skuld, some local bands (none of which you'd probably care about) and some headliner that Tonus has kept secret for ages now. Super stoked about Ghoul and Morta Skuld, though!

Ghoul would be cool. No matter what it is I'll go because it's free anyways.

brutal_descent
12-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Ghoul would be cool. No matter what it is I'll go because it's free anyways.

;) That's the spirit. Ghoul would be the fucking tits, since I've discovered them in August I've been dying to see them. :bowdown:

AnataFan4Life
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
So Impending Doom are only playing Warped Tour up to July 3rd. I hope this isn't the reason why :barf:

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 06:19 PM
So Impending Doom are only playing Warped Tour up to July 3rd. I hope this isn't the reason why :barf:

LOL

I really don;t get into internet arguing, but you ought to see SS's Facebook page. Kids knocking CC like you wouldn't believe. It's a shame how little scene kids know. Not saying all BTBAM fans are "scene" fans, but man I couldn't believe how much support there is over there for BTBAM, and so much disrespect to the most popular death metal band on the planet.

AnataFan4Life
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
LOL

I really don;t get into internet arguing, but you ought to see SS's Facebook page. Kids knocking CC like you wouldn't believe. It's a shame how little scene kids know. Not saying all BTBAM fans are "scene" fans, but man I couldn't believe how much support there is over there for BTBAM, and so much disrespect to the most popular death metal band on the planet.

I seriously hope they don't let those retards pick the opener again.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Has anyone ruled out All Shall Perish. They've become big and seem like a good choice for SS.

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Has anyone ruled out All Shall Perish. They've become big and seem like a good choice for SS.

I would definately be ok w/ that :rocker:

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
I seriously hope they don't let those retards pick the opener again.

They will

AnataFan4Life
01-09-2012, 06:41 PM

I'd rather them get someone who hasn't done the tour yet, or at least in a while. They were just on it in 2010. Though if they did end up on the tour it wouldn't surprise me.

hellawaits77ny
01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I'd rather them get someone who hasn't done the tour yet, or at least in a while. They were just on it in 2010. Though if they did end up on the tour it wouldn't surprise me.

Yes, I completely understand. Always good to have a fresh lineup.

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Out of all of the big summer package tours, Summer Slaughter has easily become our favorite; it’s so much fun every year that we’re even willing to forgive the to-be-expected presence of some bands we can’t stand (e.g., Oceano, As Blood Runs Black, etc.), because the rest of the line-up built around them is usually so fantastic that having a few built-in beer breaks isn’t the worst thing in the world (as opposed to some of SS’s competitors, where the beer-break-to-cool-band ratio makes the whole endeavor just not worth it). So, yeah, we’re on the edge of our seats to see who makes it onto the bill this year.

To that end, prog metal social network czar Alkahest of Heavy Blog has done it once again, today with some pretty juicy rumors about the lineup for Summer Slaughter 2012.

First, a little catch-up: on New Year’s Eve morning, the message “Hammer Smashed Mordecai” was posted on Summer Slaughter’s Facebook page, a not-so-subtle hint that Cannibal Corpse and Between the Buried and Me will be appearing on the 2012 bill. Those two bands alone would make the tour worth attending even if the rest of the lineup was dominated by scene bands, but fortunately it appears as if that won’t be an issue. Now today Heavy Blog is reporting an unconfirmed rumor that The Faceless, Job For A Cowboy, Veil of Maya, and Hate Eternal will all be a part of Summer Slaughter as well. Alkahest doesn’t name his source for these rumors so they should be taken with a grain a salt, but he’s usually right on the money so we’re inclined to believe there’s at least some merit there. For what it’s worth, the Summer Slaughter Facebook page did post about Hate Eternal (and, interestingly, Exhumed) back in October and Veil of Maya this past Friday.

Unfortunately, that’s all we got right now. If the rumors are true, the 2012 edition of Summer Slaughter is going to be one of the best lineups for the tour ever. Hopefully there’ll be official confirmation soon. It’s only January and SS usually doesn’t run until July/August, but we’d say it’s already time to get psyched. In the meantime, feel free to celebrate/denounce this rumor in the comments section, and to fantasize about what other bands you’d like to see on the bill. Personally, we’re keeping my fingers crossed for an Abacabb reunion!

tl;dr: some dude says that The Faceless, Job for a Cowboy, Veil of Maya, and Hate Eternal will be on Summer Slaughter.

Honestly, I wouldn't really care if JFAC ended up on the lineup. Sure, they could get a band like Oceano or The Red Chord instead, and then I'd bitch about it, but JFAC doesn't suck as much as Six Feet Under, Within the Ruins, As Blood Runs Black, or Whitechapel do :tp:

metallicbrian666
01-17-2012, 09:27 AM
"Those two bands alone would make the tour worth attending even if the rest of the lineup was dominated by scene bands, but fortunately it appears as if that won’t be an issue. Now today Heavy Blog is reporting an unconfirmed rumor that The Faceless, Job For A Cowboy, Veil of Maya"

:D

That being said, I wouldn't mind those bands being on it.

masterguy49
01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I would be okay with BTBAM playing, if they got like at least an hour set or if they only played stuff off the first 3 albums, which would be pretty cool.

Natrlhi
01-17-2012, 09:34 AM
"Those two bands alone would make the tour worth attending even if the rest of the lineup was dominated by scene bands, but fortunately it appears as if that won’t be an issue. Now today Heavy Blog is reporting an unconfirmed rumor that The Faceless, Job For A Cowboy, Veil of Maya"I was thinking the same thing.

llama lom
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
So far, there isn't a rumored that I don't enjoy, so this is looking good for me! :D

kalfitegrdan
01-17-2012, 10:24 AM
I could see Beneath the Massacre playing it since they are releasing an album next month and have already played it three times in the past. Also, Aborted could be a possibly, judging by releasing an album this year and playing it in the past. I hope there's some bands I haven't seen before, but not getting my hopes up for that.

mastodon421
01-17-2012, 10:42 AM
If that rumor is true, the lineup is awesome so far.

Steev
01-17-2012, 10:43 AM
side note, I hoped Veil of Maya and The Faceless do this tour

makes more of a possibility Periphery does Mayhem(or some other major tour)

Bergman101
01-17-2012, 12:08 PM
If the line-up is something like
Cannibal Corpse
Between The Buried and Me
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Hate Eternal
Veil of Maya
Exhumed

then I'll be happy. Add like Last Chance To Reason, Obscura, The Contortionist and I Declare War then that'll be my favorite line-up to date.

jd091
01-17-2012, 12:41 PM
If the line-up is something like
Cannibal Corpse
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Hate Eternal
Veil of Maya
Exhumed

then I'll be happy. Add like Last Chance To Reason, Obscura, The Contortionist and I Declare War then that'll be my favorite line-up to date.

That lineup would be beyond incredible for me. The only somewhat "meh" band for me would be JFAC, but I would still enjoy 'em a lot, especially if they played shit primarily from Gloom and Ruination.

And I actually really, really want to see I Declare War on there. I really loved their S/T 2011 release. :D And they were awesome last time I saw 'em live. Job, Veil, and them would fill up the deathcore prerequisite.

And I still think BTBAM is weirdly out of place. Whatever, it'll be a relaxation break before Corpse.

dcmetal108
01-17-2012, 01:49 PM
That lineup would be beyond incredible for me. The only somewhat "meh" band for me would be JFAC, but I would still enjoy 'em a lot, especially if they played shit primarily from Gloom and Ruination.

And I actually really, really want to see I Declare War on there. I really loved their S/T 2011 release. :D And they were awesome last time I saw 'em live. Job, Veil, and them would fill up the deathcore prerequisite.

And I still think BTBAM is weirdly out of place. Whatever, it'll be a relaxation break before Corpse.

I think the pits would be good for BTBAM during a Summer Slaughter show except last time I saw I Declare War I didn't care for them. Their lead singer wouldn't stop flexing the entire show. Oh well I still got their drummer to sign a cd for me. :rocker:

kommie
01-17-2012, 03:31 PM
side note, I hoped Veil of Maya and The Faceless do this tour

makes more of a possibility Periphery does Mayhem(or some other major tour)

why would you want Veil of Maya on any tour?

jd091
01-17-2012, 03:38 PM

This doe think veil is bad

smh

BloodoftheKings
01-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd go for Cannibal and Exhumed. BTBAM and Hate Eternal are ok but all those other bands... :barf:

Crionics
01-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I'd go for Cannibal and Exhumed. BTBAM is ok but all those other bands... :barf:

Hate Eternal?

BloodoftheKings
01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Hate Eternal?

Forgot, i'll edit that post.

AnataFan4Life
01-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Sounds better than last year already.

AnataFan4Life
01-17-2012, 04:20 PM
After hearing the new Spawn of Possession track, I would love to see them there :rocker:

Steev
01-18-2012, 06:46 AM

Because it makes Periphery more likely for a different tour

Steev
01-18-2012, 10:02 AM
the SS FB page is advertising the shit out of Veil Of Maya all of a sudden

jd091
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
the SS FB page is advertising the shit out of Veil Of Maya all of a sudden

Got a new album coming out in a couple weeks.

GarageMetal468
01-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Because it makes Periphery more likely for a different tour

Agreed. Veil of Maya were actually REALLY good when I saw them on SS 2 years ago, I was surprised. Periphery can shove their unnecessary 8 string guitars up their asses.

Steev
01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Agreed. Veil of Maya were actually REALLY good when I saw them on SS 2 years ago, I was surprised. Periphery can shove their unnecessary 8 string guitars up their asses.

Actually I like Periphery and their large assortment of guitars(seriously there's a lot)

makethemsuffer12
01-18-2012, 02:26 PM

They've never actually used 8 strings on any of their previously released material. Only on their upcoming album/s will they actually be using them.

And if you don't get the 8 string or think they can't be used for anything other than wannabe Meshuggah riffs, watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPpbekTXC2M

metallicbrian666
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Tosin is overrated. OMG HE CAN SWEEP PICK!!!!

So can every other bullshit "shredder" on youtube. Doesn't make him anything special.

makethemsuffer12
01-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Tosin is overrated. OMG HE CAN SWEEP PICK!!!!

So can every other bullshit "shredder" on youtube. Doesn't make him anything special.

Your ignorance is astounding. I don't listen to a whole lot of AAL, but he does plenty more than sweeping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKR0RJ7E8Bc

metallicbrian666
01-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Your ignorance is astounding. I don't listen to a whole lot of AAL, but he does plenty more than sweeping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKR0RJ7E8Bc
Every song I've heard from him sounds exactly the same. If boring wankery is what people are into then cool but he's really nowhere near as good as everyone makes him out to be.

makethemsuffer12
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Every song I've heard from him sounds exactly the same. If boring wankery is what people are into then cool but he's really nowhere near as good as everyone makes him out to be.

Tastefulness aside, you just cannot deny the guy's technical mastery of the instrument. In that sense I'd say he is just as damn good as everyone makes him out to be.

metallicbrian666
01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Tastefulness aside, you just cannot deny the guy's technical mastery of the instrument. In that sense I'd say he is just as damn good as everyone makes him out to be.
He definitely has skill, but people's worship of him is unwarranted. I understand he's the "hot new guitarist" at the moment but until he shows some diversity he'll be the instrumental equivalent of every stale metalcore band out there today.

AnataFan4Life
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
So what does everyone think of this "The Kennedy Veil" band that is being spammed on the SS Tour's Facebook page?

makethemsuffer12
01-18-2012, 04:28 PM
He definitely has skill, but people's worship of him is unwarranted. I understand he's the "hot new guitarist" at the moment but until he shows some diversity he'll be the instrumental equivalent of every stale metalcore band out there today.

I definitely get where you're coming from, but I still have a huge amount of respect for the guy. I can only dream of doing half the shit he does on the guitar.

hellawaits77ny
01-18-2012, 08:49 PM

Boring wankery :lol:

I agree w/ your assessment of boring wankery.

bt11763
01-19-2012, 09:27 AM
So what does everyone think of this "The Kennedy Veil" band that is being spammed on the SS Tour's Facebook page?

garbage local band that feels entitled to be on a major tour just because they have 2,000 fans on facebook

llama lom
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
garbage local band that feels entitled to be on a major tour just because they have 2,000 fans on facebook

You mean like Rings of Saturn last year? And then they ended up doing that SS rejects tour?

mankvill
01-19-2012, 12:26 PM
You mean like Rings of Saturn last year? And then they ended up doing that SS rejects tour?

Rejects is right

hellawaits77ny
01-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Rejects is right

LOL, yep. That tour was just bad.

AnataFan4Life
01-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Facebook page says 2/1/2012.

MPF
01-23-2012, 04:58 PM

As I posted on that status

More Death Metal, Less Deathcore.

metallicbrian666
01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
As I posted on that status

More Death Metal, Less Deathcore.
Truly a champion among lesser beings

GarageMetal468
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM

They're probably announcing one band confirmed. Hopefully they do the opposite of last year where they announced 2 awesome bands (Fleshgod Apocalypse and Dying Fetus) and then reveal the lineup which turns out to be a pile of elephant diarrhea. They should just announce shitty deathcore/djent bands #1 and #2 and then reveal the lineup which is hopefully what SS has been making it out to be (Exhumed, Hate Eternal, Cannibal Corpse, etc.)

hellawaits77ny
01-24-2012, 11:10 PM
and then reveal the lineup which turns out to be a pile of elephant diarrhea.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kalfitegrdan
01-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Exhumed and Hate Eternal better not be a tease like they did last year with Skeletonwitch and 1349.

OraclesofAgony
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Exhumed and Hate Eternal better not be a tease like they did last year with Skeletonwitch and 1349.

Yeah seriously. Last year was looking really good then it went to shit. Based on the posts Summer Slaughter made last year Cannibal Corpse seems pretty much locked up though. And if Between the Buried and Me is co-headliner that's a big step up from last year. I didn't care for them much when I saw them with Mastodon but at least it wouldn't be another Whitechapel.

treghet
01-26-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm leaning towards not going, but we'll see what the lineup ends up being. I'm actually hoping there isn't anybody I really want to see, that way I'm not tempted to spend my money on it.

OraclesofAgony
01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
If it's Cannibal Corpse headlining I'm definitely going. I still have yet to see them live. I missed out in '09 for Mayhem but they probably had a shorter set then. Oh and they played the Hollywood Palladium once too after that that I missed out on.

kalfitegrdan
01-26-2012, 12:41 AM
If it's Cannibal Corpse headlining I'm definitely going. I still have yet to see them live. I missed out in '09 for Mayhem but they probably had a shorter set then. Oh and they played the Hollywood Palladium once too after that that I missed out on.

I recommend definitely going if Cannibal Corpse is playing. I've seen them three times and they ALWAYS...ALWAYS kill it live, even with time slots like they were given at Mayhem. Plus, the set list has changed quite a bit with each time.

rjturtle9
01-26-2012, 01:37 AM

They also headlined the House of Blues too.

OraclesofAgony
01-26-2012, 01:48 AM
They also headlined the House of Blues too.

Oh really? Hmmm, it was in 2010 too. That's the year I started following tour announcements and going to shows frequently, but I don't remember hearing about this one. Not sure how that slipped by me. I actually missed out on a lot of shows in 2010 too though so if I had heard about it I probably still would've missed it.

brutal_descent
01-26-2012, 02:18 AM
If they do headline, that's going to be fucking awesome, since I'm seeing them in June as well :rocker:

hellawaits77ny
01-26-2012, 09:23 PM
It's almost assuredly Cannibal Corpse + BTBAM. I really REALLY dislike BTBAM, but it's still cool they appear to have booked them, cause they have a really big fan base, and a lot of people really do like them. Hate Eternal and Exhumed would be fucking awesome for support, I agree it would be a shitty thing to do to false advertise like they did last year.

Would be cool if they announced the dates and lineup sooner than April, which is when they did so last year.

AnataFan4Life
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
It's official: Cannibal Corpse and Between the Buried and Me are 100 percent confirmed to headline. They will announce one band every Sunday.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395833_315407841830542_111728812198447_802324_1684 843678_n.jpg

jd091
02-01-2012, 04:58 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydkldzm761qapq0u.gif

Crionics
02-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Good so far in my opinion, let us see how long that lasts.

BloodoftheKings
02-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm already sold on Cannibal Corpse alone but i'm hoping for some great support.

mankvill
02-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Alright, Summer Slaughter might not be full of shit this year!

detuned
02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
just to help make this thread 60 pages before even the next band is announced, here for the record is all the bands the summer slaughter page "likes":

Between The Buried And Me
Job For A Cowboy
Exhumed
VEIL OF MAYA
STRUCTURES
Periphery
Decapitated
Cannibal Corpse
KALAKAI
The Faceless
All Shall Perish
Rings of Saturn
PowerGlove
Within the Ruins
Oceano
Dying Fetus
Six feet under
Darkest Hour
Conducting From The Grave
whitechapel
As Blood Runs Black
The Black Dahlia Murder
FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE
Animals As Leaders
Winds of Plague

ALSO I THINK SKELETONWITCH IS GOING TO BE ON IT

GarageMetal468
02-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Aw hell yeah. Hopefully Exhumed is on it as well. Them and CC in the same show will be total fucking chaos.

masterguy49
02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Well it won't be Kalakai cause they're a local band from here :lol:

But yeah this is already a must go

mastodon421
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah Job For A Cowboy, Veil Of Maya, and Exhumed are pretty much locks at this point in time. As for the rest of the lineup, it's completely up in the air. I really want to see Revocation, Skeletonwitch, and The Contortionist get on this bill as well.

AnataFan4Life
02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah Job For A Cowboy, Veil Of Maya, and Exhumed are pretty much locks at this point in time. As for the rest of the lineup, it's completely up in the air. I really want to see Revocation, Skeletonwitch, and The Contortionist get on this bill as well.

I actually talked to Revocation's merch guy at the Bodom show in Charlotte and he stated that the band had no other touring plans at the moment. It sounds like they've already got the whole lineup booked, so unfortunately I don't think they'll be on it =/.

mankvill
02-01-2012, 06:50 PM
"one band announced every sunday"

why

orlandodavis
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
LOL at facebook comments.

dcmetal108
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Well CC and BTBAM confirmed already make it a must see. Any other good bands are just icing on the cake.

AnataFan4Life
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Like I stated last year, the Summer Slaughter Facebook page inhabits some of the most retarded people i've ever seen.

hellawaits77ny
02-01-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm already sold on Cannibal Corpse alone but i'm hoping for some great support.

Same here!

Let's hope the rumors of Hate Eternal, Exhumed and JFAC are true. Well, at least I hope they're true.

AnataFan4Life
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I hope there's fewer repeats this year, but if any band is to return from last year, i'm hoping it's Fleshgod Apocalypse.

hellawaits77ny
02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
LOL at facebook comments.

Oh, I can only imagine! I checked them out a few weeks ago. They're all from these little 17 year old dumbasses, who wouldn't know real metal if it ass raped them in a back alley. So much disrespect for Cannibal Corpse, I was disgusted.

AnataFan4Life
02-01-2012, 08:49 PM
It's basically a war between CC fans calling BTBAM "gay", and BTBAM fans calling CC "old".

Can't we just agree that they are both awesome?

jd091
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I used to lurk around the facebook all last year and was completely disgusted. I have no intention of ever going back there.

OraclesofAgony
02-01-2012, 09:08 PM
I hope there's fewer repeats this year, but if any band is to return from last year, i'm hoping it's Fleshgod Apocalypse.

If not, they should give Hour of Penance the slot Fleshgod had last year. This would be a great tour for them, they need exposure. They'll get a lot of it on that TBDM/Nile tour too though.

Epidemic Reign
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
If not, they should give Hour of Penance the slot Fleshgod had last year. This would be a great tour for them, they need exposure. They'll get a lot of it on that TBDM/Nile tour too though.

Plus they're like a thousand times better than Fleshgod ;)

OraclesofAgony
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Plus they're like a thousand times better than Fleshgod ;)

:lol: I will admit that I'm starting to like Hour of Penance more. If their new album is good/great that may seal the deal. But I still love Fleshgod.

hellawaits77ny
02-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, seeing repeats is ghey. Look at Mayhem.

Would certainly be cool to see all new to SS bands, or at the most 1-2 repeats.

brutal_descent
02-01-2012, 10:22 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/23111000/ngbbs4e37a4e1db472.jpg

Epidemic Reign
02-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Have they not released the dates yet?

hiddenzombie013
02-02-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't understand the BTBAM hate at all. I admit I'm pretty biased, with them being one of my all-time favorites, but they can be fucking brutal when they need to be, and their melodic parts are excellent. Is it the vocals? Are their time signature changes too complex? Regardless, this lineup is already amazing. If this comes anywhere in Florida I'll be there.

jd091
02-02-2012, 12:04 AM
I don't understand the BTBAM hate at all. I admit I'm pretty biased, with them being one of my all-time favorites, but they can be fucking brutal when they need to be, and they're melodic parts are excellent. Is it the vocals? Are their time signature changes too complex? Regardless, this lineup is already amazing. If this comes anywhere in Florida I'll be there.

Oh, I love BTBAM, but they're a bunch of skinny nerds with short hair, Adidas shoes and polo shirts. Metal nerds need something to complain about.

brutal_descent
02-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Have they not released the dates yet?

I hope they do soon!

hellawaits77ny
02-02-2012, 12:15 AM
I don't understand the BTBAM hate at all. I admit I'm pretty biased, with them being one of my all-time favorites, but they can be fucking brutal when they need to be, and their melodic parts are excellent. Is it the vocals? Are their time signature changes too complex? Regardless, this lineup is already amazing. If this comes anywhere in Florida I'll be there.

I'm a BTBAM "hater". Well, I don't HATE them, I just can't get into them. I'll give ya a few reasons why. First off, I don't mean to disrespect the band, nor your opinion. This is just my opinion and nothing else. And as JD and others will tell you, I'm definately not a metal nerd.

I agree, they can be brutal, and yes I do enjoy those parts. But for whatever reason, I just can't dig their melodic parts. There are some death metal (I don't listen to any prog bands) bands that I do enjoy their melodies, but I just don't w/ BTBAM. Also, I really dislike their random ass polka and other bizarre stuff that's randomly thrown into song of their songs. Just doesn't work for me, and it in fact irritates me. There were a couple like that when I saw them at New England Metal + Hardcore Fest. To sum it up, I prefer brute to tech and melody, and I find BTBAM to be too wank. That's basically why I don't like them.

However, I respect the hell out of them as musicians and songwriters, because they are talented and have built a quality fanbase. I thoroughly enjoy seeing bands like this sell a lot of records instead of seeing deathcore bands sell well.

mankvill
02-02-2012, 01:32 AM
I love BTBAM, but actually prefer the clean parts.

kalfitegrdan
02-02-2012, 02:52 AM
I'm a BTBAM "hater". Well, I don't HATE them, I just can't get into them. I'll give ya a few reasons why. First off, I don't mean to disrespect the band, nor your opinion. This is just my opinion and nothing else. And as JD and others will tell you, I'm definately not a metal nerd.

I agree, they can be brutal, and yes I do enjoy those parts. But for whatever reason, I just can't dig their melodic parts. There are some death metal (I don't listen to any prog bands) bands that I do enjoy their melodies, but I just don't w/ BTBAM. Also, I really dislike their random ass polka and other bizarre stuff that's randomly thrown into song of their songs. Just doesn't work for me, and it in fact irritates me. There were a couple like that when I saw them at New England Metal + Hardcore Fest. To sum it up, I prefer brute to tech and melody, and I find BTBAM to be too wank. That's basically why I don't like them.

However, I respect the hell out of them as musicians and songwriters, because they are talented and have built a quality fanbase. I thoroughly enjoy seeing bands like this sell a lot of records instead of seeing deathcore bands sell well. I agree almost 100% with that assessment of BTBAM. The literal only difference is that I enjoy their weird, circus metal interludes.

kommie
02-02-2012, 06:53 AM
people on the Summer Slaughter Facebook seem to think BTBAM is deathcore...

Steev
02-02-2012, 07:12 AM

that saddens me to an all new level

anomynous
02-02-2012, 09:38 AM

They also say that The Black Dahlia Murder and The Faceless are deathcore too

:bouville:

llama lom
02-02-2012, 09:46 AM
>haz breakdowns
>immediately labeled deathcore

Sadly I know people on both sides that have this mentality.

MetalMarkLI
02-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Throw Suffocation on there and im a happy man.

anomynous
02-02-2012, 10:03 AM
>haz breakdowns
>immediately labeled deathcore

Sadly I know people on both sides that have this mentality.

Slayer = deathcore then

ShatteredFlame
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
The thing I don't like about BTBAM are the vocals, don't get me wrong I love them, I just don't think they fit well with the music.

brutal_descent
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
CLOSE ONE EYE
STEP TO THE SIDE

also, used to think exactly the same way about the vocals not fitting with the music until I got used to it. Tommy's growls are fucking awesome :rocker:

masterguy49
02-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Tommy is an awesome vocalist and I think the vocals fit in wonderfully :rocker:

coltongsmith
02-02-2012, 11:43 AM
The thing I don't like about BTBAM are the vocals, don't get me wrong I love them, I just don't think they fit well with the music.

agree. their instrumental version of alaska is awesome, just don't like the vocalist

hiddenzombie013
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Hmm some interesting comments. Some don't like the melodic parts, some don't like the vocals, etc. As someone who does love all of that, all I can hope is that you one day get used to it. I would say they have more metal parts than melodic parts overall, so maybe that can help ease some of you in. I have heard the complaint about their random polka tidbits, but those just make the songs more memorable to me.

I would imagine their SS setlist would contain songs that have bit more emphasis on heavy. I could see something like:

Specular Reflection
Obfuscation
(B) The Decade of Statues
All Bodies
Ants of the Sky (please please please!)
Alaska
Disease, Injury, Madness
Selkies: The Endless Obsession

Although if they wanna throw in stuff like Swim to the Moon, Sun of Nothing, Lunar Wilderness, or even a cover like Blackened, I wouldn't mind...

zerkz
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Decade of Statues is fucking heavy live.

kommie
02-02-2012, 01:01 PM
listening to Ants of the Sky.... reminds me of Something Wild era Bodom.

AnataFan4Life
02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Why they were removed from Metal Archives is beyond me. They sound pretty fucking metal to me.

llama lom
02-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Why they were removed from Metal Archives is beyond me. They sound pretty fucking metal to me.

Because MA is filled with elitist fucktards.

Orion89
02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I would imagine their SS setlist would contain songs that have bit more emphasis on heavy. I could see something like:

Specular Reflection
Obfuscation
(B) The Decade of Statues
All Bodies
Ants of the Sky (please please please!)
Alaska
Disease, Injury, Madness

Although if they wanna throw in stuff like Swim to the Moon, Sun of Nothing, Lunar Wilderness, or even a cover like Blackened, I wouldn't mind...

Would not be a bad set at all. I'd love it if they throw in Lunar Wilderness into the set. Great song live. Also Ants of the Sky is great too. Iwas fucking stoked when they played when I saw them last. I'll be hitting this up if the tour comes anywhere near me

DementedX14
02-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Because MA is filled with elitist fucktards.

You got that right! They don't consider Tool a metal band as well as many others.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 07:21 PM
You got that right! They don't consider Tool a metal band as well as many others.

I don't blame them for that one.

brutal_descent
02-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't blame them for that one.

Yeah, same here. But blocking BTBAM = fucking stupid.

treghet
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
There have been a ton of arguments about what should and shouldn't be on the archives, and while I agree that BTBAM shouldn't have been removed, it always comes down to the this point: it's not our rules and not our site. And if you think MA is elitist you probably haven't been to NWN.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I wish there was a centralized database like MA for all music in general. I hate going to Wikipedia to find info on non-metal bands/artists. Half the time what I'm looking for isn't even there and then I have to resort to Myspace or some other bullshit :hmm:

MPF
02-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Not seeing Obscura on their "likes" has me concerned.

I mean seeing Cannibal Corpse and BTBAM on the same bill. It could be cool. (I'd rather see them separate) but unless Hannes Grossmann changed his mind, or they got a better offer. The only reason Obscura was turning this tour down was if there was too many Deathcore bands.

I'm just hoping they got a better offer or are on this bill.

treghet
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
I wish there was a centralized database like MA for all music in general. I hate going to Wikipedia to find info on non-metal bands/artists. Half the time what I'm looking for isn't even there and then I have to resort to Myspace or some other bullshit :hmm:

Same. When I look up info for hardcore bands it can be a pain to find anything, whether it be band members or what they have released. Most of them aren't big enough to have a Wikipedia page and of course their Facebook pages are devoid of any information aside from their upcoming shows.

llama lom
02-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Not seeing Obscura on their "likes" has me concerned.

I mean seeing Cannibal Corpse and BTBAM on the same bill. It could be cool. (I'd rather see them separate) but unless Hannes Grossmann changed his mind, or they got a better offer. The only reason Obscura was turning this tour down was if there was too many Deathcore bands.

I'm just hoping they got a better offer or are on this bill.

If Obscura does play, and with Alex Webster already there, maybe bring Ron Jarzombek and have Blotted Science play too?

http://ragefac.es/faces/e2ca8d6ca6bade38604ecf0734546677.png

hiddenzombie013
02-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Would not be a bad set at all. I'd love it if they throw in Lunar Wilderness into the set. Great song live. Also Ants of the Sky is great too. Iwas fucking stoked when they played when I saw them last. I'll be hitting this up if the tour comes anywhere near me

Yeah I've seen them twice and they haven't done either song. Keep in mind that set wasn't my dream set, but it's just what I would realistically expect, considering this is Summer Slaughter. My dream set would probably look something like:

Foam Born (A) the Backtrack
(B) Decade of Statues
Alaska
Specular Reflection
Ants of the Sky
Prequel to the Sequel
Lunar Wilderness
Mordecai
Fossil Genera - A Feed from Cloud Mountain
Desert of Song
Swim to the Moon

Encore:
Mirrors
Obfuscation

I'd throw Viridian -> White Walls on there, but I've seen it already (although I did see Mirrors -> Obfuscation too), and it takes up time that other songs could have.

MPF
02-02-2012, 10:12 PM
If Obscura does play, and with Alex Webster already there, maybe bring Ron Jarzombek and have Blotted Science play too?

http://ragefac.es/faces/e2ca8d6ca6bade38604ecf0734546677.png

I'd kill for that. But that all depends on Ron. I can't remember teh last time he has played a show.

kalfitegrdan
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Same. When I look up info for hardcore bands it can be a pain to find anything, whether it be band members or what they have released. Most of them aren't big enough to have a Wikipedia page and of course their Facebook pages are devoid of any information aside from their upcoming shows.

I usually use Spirit-of-Metal when MA doesn't have what I'm looking for. It usually always has who I'm looking for, just not as detailed information as MA.

AnataFan4Life
02-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Any bets on who will be announced tomorrow?

TiradesOfTruth
02-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Veil Of Maya

BloodoftheKings
02-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Predicting the order of who's gonna be announced is ridiculous. Anyone else think there's a good chance of Goatwhore being on this? That would be schweet.

AnataFan4Life
02-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Predicting the order of who's gonna be announced is ridiculous. Anyone else think there's a good chance of Goatwhore being on this? That would be schweet.

I'd love for Goatwhore to do this, though they would probably get stuck with a bullshit 20 minute slot near the bottom of the lineup.

treghet
02-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Predicting the order of who's gonna be announced is ridiculous.

But we don't know for sure who is and isn't on it.

AnataFan4Life
02-04-2012, 07:59 PM
If The Faceless are on it again this year, i'm almost 100 percent positive they will be direct support.

Bergman101
02-04-2012, 08:22 PM
this is my wishlist/prediction
Cannibal Corpse
BTBAM
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Aborted
Veil of Maya
Obscura
Scale The Summit
The Contortionist
Last Chance To Reason

AnataFan4Life
02-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Cannibal Corpse
BTBAM
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Aborted
Veil of Maya
Obscura
Scale The Summit
The Contortionist
Last Chance To Reason

I could see it being something like this.

BloodoftheKings
02-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Cannibal Corpse
BTBAM
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Aborted
Veil of Maya
Obscura
Scale The Summit
The Contortionist
Last Chance To Reason

Switch out Veil and Blowjob for Exhumed and Goatwhore and this would be a sick lineup.

slapguitarer
02-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Switch out Veil and Blowjob for Exhumed and Goatwhore and this would be a sick lineup.

This

DementedX14
02-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Any bets on who will be announced tomorrow?

Iwrestledabearonce, Job for a Cowboy, Born of Osiris, Veil of Maya, The Acacia Strain, The Faceless, Annotations of an Autopsy, or Emmure??

slapguitarer
02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=DementedX14;441039]Annotations of an Autopsy, QUOTE]

I skimmed through your list quickly and instead of reading Annotations of an Autopsy, I simply read Autopsy.

If Autopsy ever did this, which I doubt would happen, that'd be awesome.

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 04:39 AM
FB page just posted two statuses, both are Faceless lyrics. :rocker:

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 04:42 AM
AND this just came out on the Faceless' FB page;

big announcement coming..

treghet
02-05-2012, 04:45 AM
So this will be the fourth time they've been on it.

AnataFan4Life
02-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Can't say i'm surprised. Hopefully they will have some new material to tour off of by then.

Lineup is looking awesome so far. :rocker:

AnataFan4Life
02-05-2012, 04:52 AM
So this will be the fourth time they've been on it.

Yeah, but you know there's gonna be at least one Sumerian band, and they are probably their best option.

Steev
02-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah, but you know there's gonna be at least one Sumerian band, and they are probably their best option.

Well they don't have many options left, most bigger Sumerian bands have committed to Warped and Mayhem

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 07:44 AM
I really hope they don't pull the "vote for an opener" thing this year. :mad:

AnataFan4Life
02-05-2012, 07:49 AM
I really hope they don't pull the "vote for an opener" thing this year. :mad:

Yeah fuck that. Not only are the people on their Facebook retarded, but they had people vote by posting in the status, and it took them forever to count the votes. The opening band this year should be one that actually deserves the exposure. Within the Ruins can go fuck off.

GarageMetal468
02-05-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm guessing there is one more good band, maybe two to announce to get our hopes up before they just unload with the deathcore/djent bands.

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm guessing there is one more good band, maybe two to announce to get our hopes up before they just unload with the deathcore/djent bands.

Either way, Cannibal Corpse/Between the Buried and Me is still better than The Black Dahlia Murder/Whitechapel.

VoidFlame
02-05-2012, 08:21 AM

I'm still hoping for Exhumed.

noahj
02-05-2012, 09:02 AM
please Exhumed!!!!!!

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 09:03 AM
please Exhumed!!!!!!

I'm still hoping for Exhumed.

:agree:

kommie
02-05-2012, 09:07 AM
No deathcore bands!

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 09:16 AM
No deathcore bands!

None so far, bud.

kalfitegrdan
02-05-2012, 09:35 AM
They posted The Faceless lyrics on their wall, so I'm guessing it has to be them.

mankvill
02-05-2012, 09:37 AM
They posted The Faceless lyrics on their wall, so I'm guessing it has to be them.

God that's fucking lame.

slapguitarer
02-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Maybe next week they'll have something good to offer.

anomynous
02-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I still don't know why people have a problem with The Faceless, other than the fact they're probably the slowest working band around.

Also the fact people on facebook keep calling them deathcore. They're definitely not, they're tech death.

mankvill
02-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I like The Faceless. A lot.

I don't like how they've basically been a part of every Summer Slaughter except one, and that year they like headlined one of the international versions.

treghet
02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
... other than the fact they're probably the slowest working band around.

No, that award goes to Wintersun and Necrophagist.

Also the fact people on facebook keep calling them deathcore. They're definitely not, they're tech death.

Their first album has a lot of deathcore tendencies, and that's a good enough reason for some people.

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Interestingly enough, I always consider Planetary Duality as the more deathcore-oriented album of theirs.

treghet
02-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Interestingly enough, I always consider Planetary Duality as the more deathcore-oriented album of theirs.

Then you're just wrong.

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Then you're just wrong.

Of course! I see it now! Thank you for showing me the light!

treghet
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
You're welcome. :D

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
The Faceless is lame.

anomynous
02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I didn't count Necrophagist, because once it reaches Guns N Roses levels of delays, nobody cares anymore.

With that said, I want that album sometime before 2099.

brutal_descent
02-05-2012, 10:28 AM
With that said, I want that album sometime before 2099.

At least my grandchildren will be able to enjoy it ;)

jd091
02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Woah. Guys. It's been 8 years now since Epitaph came out. Surreal.

DementedX14
02-05-2012, 02:42 PM
The Faceless are now officially confirmed by SS facebook. :D

anomynous
02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I love people complaining that the lineup is terrible.

kommie
02-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I love people complaining that the lineup is terrible.

One comment suggest that this one guy thinks The Faceless is metalcore/deathcore.

elturtleboy
02-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Gayballs

dcmetal108
02-05-2012, 06:54 PM
At least you guys can all sleep at night knowing that there is no way that Oceano will be on it.

hellawaits77ny
02-06-2012, 07:41 AM
So this The Faceless', what: 3rd, 4th time on this tour?

talk about following up a great openining statement w/ my bummer. I don't hate The Faceless, but having a band repeat multiple times of just stupid.

AnataFan4Life
02-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Picture has been updated to include the Faceless now.

mastodon421
02-06-2012, 01:10 PM
The Faceless fuck yeah:rocker: I don't give a shit if they have been on there so many times, they are one of my favorite bands. I have a good feeling that this lineup is going to be 100x better than last years.

AnataFan4Life
02-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Looks like Veil of Maya are also rumored for that All Stars tour.

OraclesofAgony
02-06-2012, 09:02 PM
The Faceless played some dates last year even, so they are apparently the tour promoters' favorite band. I don't mind though. I like The Faceless a lot, it'd be nice to see a new band on there but oh well, they'd probably put a deathcore band on there anyways.

jd091
02-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I still haven't seen the Faceless, and would still love to see them on Summer Slaughter, but I feel like Sumeriancore is kind of dying out, and I've become increasingly uninterested in it over the past year. I guess I'll love to see the Faceless, but more out of a "old band I used to love 2-3 years ago" rather than a band I love currently.

Hope we get some more brutal death rep on this tour.

hellawaits77ny
02-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Hope we get some more brutal death rep on this tour.

Word.

So speaking of the Faceless, do they plan on putting an album out, or just living on their 2008 release?

OraclesofAgony
02-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Word.

So speaking of the Faceless, do they plan on putting an album out, or just living on their 2008 release?

The new album's supposed to come out this year. Well, maybe. The release keeps getting pushed back.

llama lom
02-06-2012, 10:08 PM
The new album's supposed to come out this year. Well, maybe. The release keeps getting pushed back.

Well if they're playing on this tour I'm sure they'll try to get the CD released sometime around then.

Also, I have a feeling that they're giving us bands in reverse order of the bill. Don't know why, just do.

mankvill
02-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Well if they're playing on this tour I'm sure they'll try to get the CD released sometime around then.

Also, I have a feeling that they're giving us bands in reverse order of the bill. Don't know why, just do.

yeah, because cannibal corpse is going to open for the faceless

:confused:

anomynous
02-06-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the Faceless are going to be going on right before BTBAM & CC, I can't think of any other bands that would be between them

Of course I'm sure I'll be proved wrong though

mankvill
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Although I can't wait for them to announce, like, Volumes, then the next week announce Napalm Death. I can just see all the Facebook retards being like ZOMG NAPPY DAPPY OPENING FOR VOLUMES?!

llama lom
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
yeah, because cannibal corpse is going to open for the faceless

:confused:

As in top to bottom, headliners first (which they did) then go down the bill.

mankvill
02-06-2012, 10:23 PM

Oh, I see. :D

mastodon421
02-07-2012, 05:11 AM

Yeah that's definitely what they are doing. 10 imaginary dollars says Job For A Cowboy and Exhumed are the next 2 bands announced.

coltongsmith
02-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Yeah that's definitely what they are doing. 10 imaginary dollars says Job For A Cowboy and Exhumed are the next 2 bands announced.

if so then i can deal with that

hellawaits77ny
02-07-2012, 06:15 AM

Works for me!

noahj
02-07-2012, 06:28 AM
praying to Satan for Exhumed!!! :blaze:

metallicbrian666
02-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I think Exhumed is on this. Matt Harvey posted this on Facebook

Matt Harvey
As you may or may not have heard - we're touring - again! This time, it will be even sweeter, since we're going out in the states with - drum roll, please.... Cannibal Fucking Corpse! This is gonna get crazy! You can read about the whole shebang at the link here, as chronicled by our peerless publicists and Earsplit. And yes - it's already been pointed out to me that there are no CA dates. Trust us for once - we have a plan in the works already.

christopher
02-08-2012, 05:16 PM
I think Exhumed is on this. Matt Harvey posted this on Facebook

Matt Harvey
As you may or may not have heard - we're touring - again! This time, it will be even sweeter, since we're going out in the states with - drum roll, please.... Cannibal Fucking Corpse! This is gonna get crazy! You can read about the whole shebang at the link here, as chronicled by our peerless publicists and Earsplit. And yes - it's already been pointed out to me that there are no CA dates. Trust us for once - we have a plan in the works already.

Cannibal Corpse and Exhumed are doing a tour in April. He's probably just talking about that, but it would be cool if Exhumed was on Summer Slaughter as well.

noahj
02-08-2012, 07:33 PM
no, i think what he is referring to is that since there are no California dates with CC/Exhumed/Abysmal Dawn that they'll be on SOME type of tour for the west coast.....

presumably Summer Slaughter :rocker:

i plan to see the CC/Exhumed/Abysmal Dawn tour in April, so Summer Slaughther would just be a bonus at this point :party:

metallicbrian666
02-09-2012, 04:41 AM
no, i think what he is referring to is that since there are no California dates with CC/Exhumed/Abysmal Dawn that they'll be on SOME type of tour for the west coast.....

presumably Summer Slaughter :rocker:

i plan to see the CC/Exhumed/Abysmal Dawn tour in April, so Summer Slaughther would just be a bonus at this point :party:
^Correct

dtgamerat
02-10-2012, 07:45 AM
I was at the IN FLAMES and TRIVIUM show last night in New Mexico and got some wording from VEIL OF MAYA. Expect these two to be on the Slaughter this year...

VEIL OF MAYA
PERIPHERY

:allan:

GarageMetal468
02-10-2012, 07:54 AM
I was at the IN FLAMES and TRIVIUM show last night in New Mexico and got some wording from VEIL OF MAYA. Expect these two to be on the Slaughter this year...

VEIL OF MAYA
PERIPHERY

Ugh

mankvill
02-10-2012, 07:55 AM

VEIL OF MAYA
PERIPHERY

Lame

makethemsuffer12
02-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Periphery on Summer Slaughter? Ummmmm...

Don't get me wrong, I love that band, but they'd be really, really, REALLY out of place on this tour. BTBAM is already pushing it. Either way though, I'd be super stoked if they were indeed on the tour. :lol:

brutal_descent
02-10-2012, 07:59 AM

VEIL OF MAYA
PERIPHERY

Guess I'll be seeing VOM twice this year then, Periphery is kind of cool too.

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Cannibal Corpse
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Veil of Maya
Hate Eternal
Exhumed
Periphery

This is what we have so far it looks like. Now we are up to two repeats, but that's still better than the FIVE repeats they had last year. Hopefully the last two bands aren't garbage.

BloodoftheKings
02-10-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm kind of indifferent on Periphery. Veil of Maya is ghey.

slapguitarer
02-10-2012, 08:20 AM
I'll be seeing Periphery with Protest the Hero, so I'll decide then if I mind seeing them twice in a year. Veil of Maya can go eat a dick.

mankvill
02-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Cannibal Corpse
The Faceless
Job For A Cowboy
Veil of Maya
Hate Eternal
Exhumed
Periphery

This is what we have so far it looks like. Now we are up to two repeats, but that's still better than the FIVE repeats they had last year. Hopefully the last two bands aren't garbage.

>Veil of Maya over Hate Eternal and Exhumed

Not in a million years

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 08:28 AM
>Veil of Maya over Hate Eternal and Exhumed

Not in a million years

Not in any particular order, of course. I really hope Hate Eternal and Exhumed get billed over them though, but I also wouldn't be surprised if VOM got higher billing too, given the Sumerian bias.

But hey, the good news is that Veil of Maya are the only pure deathcore band on the lineup so far.

mankvill
02-10-2012, 08:33 AM
:)

I'm also glad I got to see Exhumed do a full set last year, and I'll (FINALLY!) be seeing Hate Eternal headline this month.

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Someone should ask Hate Eternal at their headlining show if they are in fact on this tour, because Summer Slaughter doesn't have them liked, which is starting to make me wonder if they actually are on it.

anomynous
02-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Periphery isn't nearly as out of place as Animals as Leaders was

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I was already pretty positive that Veil of Maya would be on it since they are releasing an album this month and this tour seems to get a hard-on for Sumerian bands. Periphery though!?!? They don't sound horrible live, but I really dislike their music. If Betraying the Martyrs is on this...I just quit, I dunno what I quit, but I just fucking quit. Fucking Sumerian bands...

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
It would be cool if at least one of the two remaining bands were an up and coming death metal act, like Hour of Penance or Beyond Creation or something.

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2012, 09:20 AM
It would be cool if at least one of the two remaining bands were an up and coming death metal act, like Hour of Penance or Beyond Creation or something.

I really have my fingers crossed for Hour of Penance. I could see them being on it since they're gaining more of a US fan base with the upcoming tour with TBDM. It's probably all just pipe dreams though.

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Doesn't this tour usually have at least one Nuclear Blast band on it?

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Doesn't this tour usually have at least one Nuclear Blast band on it?

2008: Kataklysm, Vader, Psycroptic
2009 Suffocation and Behemoth (on select dates)
2010 All Shall Perish and Decapitated
2011 Fleshgod Apocalypse

is what I can tell from my investigative googling.

Nickweiser
02-10-2012, 09:34 AM
not a periphery fan but summer slaughter aint no death metal tour

detuned
02-10-2012, 09:34 AM
this tour seems to get a hard-on for Sumerian bands
you guys do realize that ash from sumerian is the person behind summer slaughter, right?

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
you guys do realize that ash from sumerian is the person behind summer slaughter, right?

I actually did not know that.

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 09:39 AM
With the exception of Exhumed, all of the confirmed/rumored bands so far are on either Metal Blade or Sumerian Records. Just an interesting tidbit.

Also, the lineup is starting to sound like four bands Cannibal Corpse would take on tour with them, and four bands Between the Buried and Me would take on tour with them.

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Dunno if this means anything, but I just got a like from Hour of Penance after posting this on their wall:

"You guys should do Summer Slaughter, just like your brothers in Fleshgod Apocalypse did"

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Dunno if this means anything, but I just got a like from Hour of Penance after posting this on their wall:

"You guys should do Summer Slaughter, just like your brothers in Fleshgod Apocalypse did"

That sounds promising. I have to miss them on the Black Dahlia tour because of work, so I'm really hoping that they're on this.

AnataFan4Life
02-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Plus Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse was praising them in an interview, so maybe...

mastodon421
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Not in any particular order, of course. I really hope Hate Eternal and Exhumed get billed over them though, but I also wouldn't be surprised if VOM got higher billing too, given the Sumerian bias.

But hey, the good news is that Veil of Maya are the only pure deathcore band on the lineup so far.

Veil of Maya is even starting to stray from pure deathcore from the sounds of their new stuff. On the topic of Periphery being on there, they may be a bit out of place, but they are a great band, so it doesn't really matter to me. On the topic of the billing, Exhumed will probably billed over Veil of Maya, Hate Eternal DEFINITELY won't be.

Also I bet I'm the only that is hoping Hate Eternal isn't on there:eyes:

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Also I bet I'm the only that is hoping Hate Eternal isn't on there:eyes:

You probably are and with good reason.

dcmetal108
02-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Maybe Summer Slaughter 2013 can have the reunion of Oceano!

Back on topic though I dig VoM and have only seen them once so it's fine with me that they are on SS.

Bergman101
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM
So far I'm loving this line-up. Not a band I don't like, a millions times better than last year when I had to suffer through Shit Feet Under and Bloceano.

MPF
02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Summer Slaughter is looking good so far. I gotta admit.

zerkz
02-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I think VoM is different from the "general" deathcore bands.

And I think this song is a good example of it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdHpTs-r91k

OraclesofAgony
02-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Veil of Maya is pretty meh. They don't do anything for me.