One Day Remains
Ties That Bind
Come To Life
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes

Isolation
Mark and Myles Guitar Duel
Rise Today

An off date from the festival of shit tour they're on right now. This was my first time seeing them and it was a very good performance. The band sounded awesome and they're a lot heavier live than on CD. Great crowd to, the place wasn't a sellout but it was pretty close. The crowd was into everything, cheering loudly and singing along with all the songs. There were a lot of good sing-a-long moments in the show, the best being the chorus to Broken Wings.

Not that I wasn't expecting them to be good but they were better than what I anticipated. You know when you leave a show and you like the band ten times more than you did going in it was a hell of a show. I wouldn't have minded another song or two off the new one and Metalingus but there isn't anything to complain about with the show they put on.

NickLed19
08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
No Metalingus or Watch Over You? Thats strange.

snowdog2112
08-31-2011, 05:28 PM
No Metalingus or Watch Over You? Thats strange.
Best song they ever did:rocker:

Sanitarium78
08-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Best song they ever did:rocker:

Agreed.

But Watch Over You hasn't been played in awhile on this tour.

The_jman
08-31-2011, 06:32 PM
I like that set, quite a bit.

Sanitarium78
08-31-2011, 06:44 PM
I like that set, quite a bit.

Yes, everything come off great. That's why i'm not upset that they didn't do Metalignus. They're not doing on their current festival tour either, so maybe they're just giving it a break.

PlaysWithKnives
08-31-2011, 07:24 PM
What a great show. They sounded perfect and the crowd was great. Open Your Eyes was a big highlight for me with the crowd participation.Miles seemed genuinly appreciative of everyone the whole night. He kept thanking us. Good stuff. My only disapointment was no Metalingus, but I got over that pretty quick. I hope they come back soon.

MetalIsArt
09-01-2011, 01:35 AM
:D The future of heavy rock, with our without Metalingus

NickLed19
09-01-2011, 01:55 AM
I wish they would play In Loving Memory. I know its not heavy, but man its a great song.

MPF
09-01-2011, 01:59 AM
Alter Bridge kicks fucking ass!

I honestly think Ghosts Of Days Gone By is one of the strongest and best radio singles in the last decade.

Sanitarium78
09-01-2011, 05:51 AM
:D The future of heavy rock, with our without Metalingus

No doubt about that.

I wish they would play In Loving Memory. I know its not heavy, but man its a great song.

Yes it is. But with BNS, BW and Blackbird having the slower moments in the set, I don't see where it would really fit in.

Alter Bridge kicks fucking ass!

I honestly think Ghosts Of Days Gone By is one of the strongest and best radio singles in the last decade.

Great song. I didn't know it was a single. My local radio doesn't play them too much. When the first album was out, they played OYE and FTR a good amount. I've heard Rise Today and Isolation a few times and that's it.

The_jman
09-01-2011, 09:31 AM
No doubt about that.

Yes it is. But with BNS, BW and Blackbird having the slower moments in the set, I don't see where it would really fit in.

Great song. I didn't know it was a single. My local radio doesn't play them too much. When the first album was out, they played OYE and FTR a good amount. I've heard Rise Today and Isolation a few times and that's it.
I haven't heard it either, but I did know it was a single, it makes sense at least...

arvilla32
09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I agree,they are much heavier live than on recording:horns:

NickLed19
09-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Ghosts of Days Gone By gets played all the time here. Great song, but the new record in general is week compared to Blackbird and One Day Remains.

Sanitarium78
09-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Great song, but the new record in general is week compared to Blackbird and One Day Remains.

Say what?:eek:

There's a lot of great stuff on the new one. The guitar work is the best they've done so far. There's a couple weaker songs but One Day Remains and Blackbird have a few themselves.

Their three albums are just about as perfect as you can get when it comes to guitar driven hard rock today.

MetalIsArt
09-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Ghosts of Days Gone By gets played all the time here. Great song, but the new record in general is week compared to Blackbird and One Day Remains.

No it's not, are the "they suck because they get big" posts already creeping in?

It's their heaviest yet and who knows what'll come out next year, when they'll finally be huge?

And it's "weak", not "week"...

NickLed19
09-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Yeah I typed that too fast. And I just prefer Blackbird and One Day Remains. Blackbird imo has like 1 weak track, maybe 2. That album is so great. Whats the bad tracks on Blackbird, in your opinion?

Sanitarium78
09-02-2011, 05:46 AM
No it's not, are the "they suck because they get big" posts already creeping in?

What the hell are you talking about? One Day Remains went gold in the US and the last two haven't even come close to reaching that. Alter Bridge has already been huge and had their big album. They're not getting bigger anytime soon. Where they're at right now is probably where they're gonna stay for the rest of their career.

Blackbird imo has like 1 weak track, maybe 2. That album is so great. Whats the bad tracks on Blackbird, in your opinion?

Rise Today is a very average song. Especially when compared to the standard the rest of their material is at. I can do without Watch Over You and One By One. They're not bad songs, I just see them as the weaker ones on the album.

NickLed19
09-02-2011, 01:24 PM
I like those songs though. Not my favorites, but I like them. Ties That Bind, White Knuckles, Buried Alive, Coming Home, Brand New Start, etc. Just awesome songs.

Maiden33
09-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Blackbird is easily the best of their 3 albums if you ask me. The new one has a few great standout tracks, but too much filler, they could've made the record 3 songs shorter and made it better in doing so. Yeah, it's probably their heaviest yet, but I don't really care about that, I just care about good. And I definitely agree that "Ghost of Days Gone By" is a fantastic song, easily my favorite "new song on the radio" - though that can basically be said of ANY Alter Bridge song since they've been around. The only modern rock band I like.

MPF
09-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Blackbird is easily the best of their 3 albums if you ask me. The new one has a few great standout tracks, but too much filler, they could've made the record 3 songs shorter and made it better in doing so. Yeah, it's probably their heaviest yet, but I don't really care about that, I just care about good. And I definitely agree that "Ghost of Days Gone By" is a fantastic song, easily my favorite "new song on the radio" - though that can basically be said of ANY Alter Bridge song since they've been around. The only modern rock band I like.

Agreed. On every word.

Sanitarium78
09-02-2011, 06:23 PM
The only song on the new one I think of as filler is "Coeur D'Alene" other than that I love everything else. Overall Blackbird is probably the best and after seeing a good portion of it played live it's hard to argue against that.

Alter Bridge and Foo Fighters are the only modern rock bands I like. Most other bands today just don't have an individual sound and it's hard to tell who's who.

jhdeity
09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Interesting discussion. I was recently offered free tickets to the Carnival of Madness tour and had zero interest in going out of principle. How are Altar Bridge opening for Theory of a Nickelback Clone? Funny thing is 2 days later the show got moved to a smaller venue due to lack of ticket sales. If AB were headlining and playing this set (plus Metalingus preferably) I'd go in a minute.

MPF
09-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Interesting discussion. I was recently offered free tickets to the Carnival of Madness tour and had zero interest in going out of principle. How are Altar Bridge opening for Theory of a Nickelback Clone? Funny thing is 2 days later the show got moved to a smaller venue due to lack of ticket sales. If AB were headlining and playing this set (plus Metalingus preferably) I'd go in a minute.

Who the fuck said that?

Indestructible
09-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I wasn't at this show but I have no doubt it was great. Alter Bridge is great and one of the four bands in Modern Rock right now that I care for.

I've been having an optimistic view on life this week so I have been listening to Alter Bridge alot(mostly One day Remains, Metalingus, Rise Today, I know it hurts and Find The Real) :D

MetalIsArt
09-03-2011, 05:00 AM
I wasn't at this show but I have no doubt it was great. Alter Bridge is great and one of the four bands in Modern Rock right now that I care for.

I've been having an optimistic view on life this week so I have been listening to Alter Bridge alot(mostly One day Remains, Metalingus, Rise Today, I know it hurts and Find The Real) :D

It's in the riffs! :D

Indestructible
09-03-2011, 05:40 AM
It's in the riffs! :D

Vocals and lyrics too.

MetalIsArt
09-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Vocals and lyrics too.

Certainly. But the riffs are so tight, I simply cannot believe it at times.