PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Silence live

larvtard
08-28-2011, 10:48 AM

llama lom
08-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I like them on record, but I've only seen them live once in '08, and from what I remember I had fun. So I'd have to see them again to give a better opinion.

GarageMetal468
08-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Damn not even a minute later and this thread is already a disaster!

OraclesofAgony
08-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Where's the "I want to kill them all while I'm witnessing it" option?

masterguy49
08-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Where's the mediocre option? I mean they're not shit, but they aren't good either.

masterguy49
08-28-2011, 11:11 AM
'on par'

fuck it I don't know how to add options to a poll

I say we have a poll on how bad your poll making is...

mankvill
08-28-2011, 11:14 AM
absolute shit, beat only in shittiness by whitechapel

mastodon421
08-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I have seen them 5 times (tied with BTBAM for the band I've seen the most live) and their performances have been completely across the board. I think their studio stuff is subpar (except for The Cleansing, that album fucking blows.) Here are the scores from the 5 times I've seen them..

1st Time (Mayhem 08) 2.5/10
2nd Time (NEMHF 09) 7.5/10
3rd Time (Warped Tour 10) 6.5/10
4th Time (Rock and Shock 10) 4/10
5th Time (Mayhem 11) 5/10

ShatteredFlame
08-28-2011, 11:46 AM
*not interested in any tour there*

jd091
08-28-2011, 11:57 AM
absolute shit, beat only in shittiness by whitechapel

lol

Suicide Silence = very good live. Not quite as good as their records, though. Which I love. ;) I don't think that's an option, though. And I think Whitechapel is slightly better sounding live, even though Mitch knows how to work a crowd better than Phil.

Butcher of Birth
08-28-2011, 12:06 PM
I would like to cast a write in vote of "What I thought was bad on the album turned out to be much more worse than anything I could have ever imagined."

IrritatedTrout
08-28-2011, 12:39 PM
I've seen them twice. Both times they were horrible shit. Not only was the music bad but they carry themselves like absolute shit heads. Fuck them.

mastodon421
08-28-2011, 12:40 PM
I would like to cast a write in vote of "What I thought was bad on the album turned out to be much more worse than anything I could have ever imagined."
That Is exactly how I feel about Emmure.

daimonos
08-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Where's the "I want to kill them all while I'm witnessing it" option?

+1

jd091
08-28-2011, 12:54 PM
This thread is so lulzy! :lol:

es156
08-28-2011, 02:25 PM
This thread is so lulzy! :lol:

Yeah, no way I'm deleting it now.

And for the record, they are probably the worst band I have ever had the misfortune of seeing live. Totally vomit-inducing. What's worse is that I had to suffer through them twice because they were opening for Megadeth.

:barf:

:hecho:

Epidemic Reign
08-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Yeah, this band fucking blows. Quite possibly the worst vocals I've ever heard to top it off.

Epidemic Reign
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM
WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jd091
08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, no way I'm deleting it now.

And for the record, they are probably the worst band I have ever had the misfortune of seeing live. Totally vomit-inducing. What's worse is that I had to suffer through them twice because they were opening for Megadeth.

:barf:

:hecho:

Ouch! Megadeth? Really? That sucks. They're meant for those smaller club shows full of kiddies!

Yeah, this band fucking blows. Quite possibly the worst vocals I've ever heard to top it off.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/4840241884_4da430772f.jpg

"What is this? DO I HEAR HATERS?"

jd091
08-28-2011, 06:21 PM
And I just realized I'm the only one who voted for "WOW!!! MUCH better than their albums." :lol:

xStructualDefect
08-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I enjoy them live. They're not amazing live but I enjoy them on record so I enjoy them on live and I always have fun seeing them.

makethemsuffer12
08-28-2011, 08:35 PM
I honestly enjoyed them the 2 times I've seen them. I don't really like them much on record, and coupled with their fans and Mitch Lucker looking like/being a douche, I usually try to stay away from that shit. But they perform very well, IMO. Mitch knows how to get a crowd going (it probably helps that alot of their fans were in the crowd) and the rest of the band does some of the most badass windmill headbanging I've ever seen. And they are one of the few, hell, probably the only deathcore band I've seen that actually managed to sound heavy as fuck live.

hellawaits77ny
08-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Suprisingly with all the shows I've been to, I've never seen these guys live. I don't like them on their albums, but some bands are better live, hence I wanted to check them out on Mayhem, but didn't get a chance to, as we hit the free Rockstar tents when they were on.

Thier lead singer definately looks like a douche, but I've heard so many stories about him actually BEING a douche. How so? Just curious

jd091
08-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Thier lead singer definately looks like a douche, but I've heard so many stories about him actually BEING a douche. How so? Just curious

Almost spit in my face and punched me. Key word: ALMOST :lol:

Butcher of Birth
08-29-2011, 06:17 AM
That Is exactly how I feel about Emmure.

I had the pleasure, if you could call it that, to see the last few songs of their set on the Trash and Burn tour with Devildriver.

Story: I got to the show with Illninoese and we were waiting in line and heard "If you are over 21 you can leave anytime you want, under 21 one, you leave, you buy another ticket." Both of us underage we looked at the line up and realized we only cared for the headliner. So we walked down the block to a movie theater and saw Bruno instead... By the time we got back, Emmure was about over. After their set, all the scene/hardcore fans left, and we made our way to rail...

Here we are:
http://hphotos-snc4.fbcdn.net/s720x720/47771_463404888114_612163114_6501108_8310246_n.jpg

MetalIsArt
08-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Where's the "I don't care about Suicide Silence" option? :bouville:

jd091
08-29-2011, 07:24 AM
I had the pleasure, if you could call it that, to see the last few songs of their set on the Trash and Burn tour with Devildriver.

Story: I got to the show with Illninoese and we were waiting in line and heard "If you are over 21 you can leave anytime you want, under 21 one, you leave, you buy another ticket." Both of us underage we looked at the line up and realized we only cared for the headliner. So we walked down the block to a movie theater and saw Bruno instead... By the time we got back, Emmure was about over. After their set, all the scene/hardcore fans left, and we made our way to rail...

For shame. I hear Emmure puts on a good show... ;)

Butcher of Birth
08-29-2011, 08:09 AM

Well after seeing two songs live I can tell you they are a bore ;)

"Alright bros! We want you guys to be jumping up and down and doing the lean back! Hip Hop isn't just for rappers! Lets get brutal! YO! YO! YO! YO!" But I am cutting them short, they did have cool hoodies in the Florida Summer and neato strobes.

jd091
08-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Well after seeing two songs live I can tell you they are a bore ;)

"Alright bros! We want you guys to be jumping up and down and doing the lean back! Hip Hop isn't just for rappers! Lets get brutal! YO! YO! YO! YO!" But I am cutting them short, they did have cool hoodies in the Florida Summer and neato strobes.

:lol: Did you see their lulzy music video for Children of Cybertron? It's so "urban-inspired"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEX7RsUp7dA&ob=av2n

Natrlhi
08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
I only saw them once, and it was clearly not by choice. They were awful. I have no idea how they are on album, because I don't enjoy the type of music they play, so I've never listened to them on album and probably never will. Their live perforance actually made me angry, though. Their sound should only be used as an instrument of torture, or perhaps as a dare.

powerslave_85
08-29-2011, 08:23 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Starting a thread about a shitty band causes people to talk about how shitty they are.

mastodon421
08-29-2011, 08:37 AM

Funny joke. I would rather get waterboarded then see Emmure live again.

Butcher of Birth
08-29-2011, 09:01 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Starting a thread about a shitty band causes people to talk about how shitty they are.

If it were any other broad maybe it would 50/50 :lol:

They are dreadful!

jd091
08-29-2011, 09:09 AM
50/50? More like, "JD vs. everyone else" ;)

Butcher of Birth
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
50/50? More like, "JD vs. everyone else" ;)

Being nice. Didn't want your balls smashed completely.

jd091
08-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Being nice. Didn't want your balls smashed completely.

:nutkick:

(I just wanted to see this emoticon used)

HackedUpForBBQ
08-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Simply not a good band, on recordings or live

treghet
08-29-2011, 02:12 PM
I've seen Suicide Silence twice, one time on tour for The Cleansing, and then at a one-off show after they got back from recording No Time to Bleed. They have an excellent stage presence live, and they sound good, but what has always bothered me is Mitch. As JD has mentioned in the past, he leaves out lines in songs, or just talks through them. Also, he CONSTANTLY says "FUCKING HEADBANG" or "CIRCLE PIT. CIRCLE PIT." It's good when a band tries to get the crowd pumped up, but when you are interrupting nearly all of your songs over and over it just gets extremely annoying. So overall, I would say live they're mediocre, all because of Mitch.

powerslave_85
08-29-2011, 02:24 PM
A good band doesn't HAVE to tell the crowd to go nuts.

BloodoftheKings
08-29-2011, 02:27 PM
I've never seen them live but I picked the first one cause it doesn't matter if you're the best live performers of all time if your playing that music.

xStructualDefect
08-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I've seen Suicide Silence twice, one time on tour for The Cleansing, and then at a one-off show after they got back from recording No Time to Bleed. They have an excellent stage presence live, and they sound good, but what has always bothered me is Mitch. As JD has mentioned in the past, he leaves out lines in songs, or just talks through them. Also, he CONSTANTLY says "FUCKING HEADBANG" or "CIRCLE PIT. CIRCLE PIT." It's good when a band tries to get the crowd pumped up, but when you are interrupting nearly all of your songs over and over it just gets extremely annoying. So overall, I would say live they're mediocre, all because of Mitch.

the whole "CIRCLE PIT, CIRCLE PIT" bit actually works though. i've talked to their guitarist before and he said they do that to motivate the fans who actually want to actually mosh and circle pit opposed to the hardcore dancers. he said they actually get a bit annoyed at how many hardcore dancers they get because they much rather prefer moshing than dancing and the dancers always stop most of the moshers from moshing. i noticed at mayhem fest mitch didn't really call for circle pits that much since throughout their set there were only circle pits and no hardcore dancers whatsoever. as opposed to warped tour last year there were so many hardcore dancers and very little circle pits because of that, so mitch had to tell the crowd to circle pit like a few times every song, probably because he got annoyed at how many dancers he saw and how few actual pits there were. i know it's a stupid arguement and i don't want to argue, yeah people probably do get annoyed at him calling for circle pits constantly, but i can understand why he does it.

mankvill
08-29-2011, 03:04 PM

100 million times this. Why can't scene kids and faux-br00t4l deathcore bands understand this?

DethMaiden
08-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Seen 'em live twice. Two of the worst sets I've ever seen.

jd091
08-29-2011, 09:29 PM
the whole "CIRCLE PIT, CIRCLE PIT" bit actually works though. i've talked to their guitarist before and he said they do that to motivate the fans who actually want to actually mosh and circle pit opposed to the hardcore dancers. he said they actually get a bit annoyed at how many hardcore dancers they get because they much rather prefer moshing than dancing and the dancers always stop most of the moshers from moshing. i noticed at mayhem fest mitch didn't really call for circle pits that much since throughout their set there were only circle pits and no hardcore dancers whatsoever. as opposed to warped tour last year there were so many hardcore dancers and very little circle pits because of that, so mitch had to tell the crowd to circle pit like a few times every song, probably because he got annoyed at how many dancers he saw and how few actual pits there were. i know it's a stupid arguement and i don't want to argue, yeah people probably do get annoyed at him calling for circle pits constantly, but i can understand why he does it.

Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense. Yeah, you never hear them say, "THROW DOWN AND DANCE MOTHERFUCKERS!" :lol: And as a whole, they're very much metalheads as opposed to hardcore guys, like Acacia Strain. Another reason why they're one of my favorite deathcore bands. :tongue:

I will say, as you can all read in my review of them earlier this summer, it did get a little annoying how often he called for circle pits. But can you really blame him? If it gets the crowd a little more active, everyone has a bit more fun. At least he isn't yelling for violence and hurting one another, like the dicks in Oceano.

EDIT: And someone else voted option 3! :lovedup:

jd091
08-29-2011, 09:42 PM

100 million times this. Why can't scene kids and faux-br00t4l deathcore bands understand this?

I can see your point, which I slightly sympathize with, but I have to disagree strongly.

Case in point: Origin. Jason Keyser is not only an incredible vocalist, but an incredible front man. Him constantly telling the crowd to go nuts, mosh, and stagedive (usually physically pulling people up onto the stage) makes Origin twice as amazing live as they used to be. Having a vocalist get the crowd involved can be the difference between a good show and an incredible show. Scott Vogel from Terror is another great example; him constantly calling for stagedives and crowd interaction is what separates Terror from every other hardcore band. It's also the reason I hate Jamey Jasta even though I love Hatebreed... he just doesn't do anything with the crowd, wasting unused potential.

You have to be a pretty awesome, established band to just say nothing and have the crowd go crazy. Dillinger Escape Plan and Converge are the two best examples of that I've seen. So rather than, "a GOOD band doesn't have to tell the crowd to go nuts", its more like, "a super well known established band with incredibly crazy loyal fans doesn't have to tell the crowd to go nuts".

makethemsuffer12
08-29-2011, 10:18 PM
I can see your point, which I slightly sympathize with, but I have to disagree strongly.

Case in point: Origin. Jason Keyser is not only an incredible vocalist, but an incredible front man. Him constantly telling the crowd to go nuts, mosh, and stagedive (usually physically pulling people up onto the stage) makes Origin twice as amazing live as they used to be. Having a vocalist get the crowd involved can be the difference between a good show and an incredible show. Scott Vogel from Terror is another great example; him constantly calling for stagedives and crowd interaction is what separates Terror from every other hardcore band. It's also the reason I hate Jamey Jasta even though I love Hatebreed... he just doesn't do anything with the crowd, wasting unused potential.
You have to be a pretty awesome, established band to just say nothing and have the crowd go crazy. Dillinger Escape Plan and Converge are the two best examples of that I've seen. So rather than, "a GOOD band doesn't have to tell the crowd to go nuts", its more like, "a super well known established band with incredibly crazy loyal fans doesn't have to tell the crowd to go nuts".

I gotta disagree with you on that, bud. He doesn't constantly tell the crowd to crazy (which I have nothing against), but to see he does nothing with the crowd is just bullshit. He's one of the best frontmen out there, without a doubt.

OraclesofAgony
08-29-2011, 10:26 PM

Slayer is like that too (of course). As soon as the opening heavy riff from World Painted Blood kicked in at the Big 4 show and the American Carnage shows I went to a pit opened up immediately.

And I agree with everything you said about Jason Keyser. One of the best frontmen ever.

MetalIsArt
08-30-2011, 12:24 AM

Dino Cazares was whining for a circle pit at GMM 2010 during Fear Factory almost the whole show.

Great performance no doubt, but almost nobody "met his demand". So why keep on bothering? It's very annoying.

Epidemic Reign
08-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Did I say Suicide Silence possibly had the worst vocalist I've ever heard?

Don't get me started on Hatebreed. :mad:

El Gordo
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM

A million times this? A fucking trillion times this. The best live bands never interrupt a song to say "tear some shit up", they say it before and then they rip your fucking face off by playing something Suicide Silence could never even dream of... a good song. The best frontmen are the ones who get into the music and make you feel it all the way in the back of the club without telling you to form circle pits or other such forms of ridiculousness.

dcmetal108
09-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense. Yeah, you never hear them say, "THROW DOWN AND DANCE MOTHERFUCKERS!" :lol: And as a whole, they're very much metalheads as opposed to hardcore guys, like Acacia Strain. Another reason why they're one of my favorite deathcore bands. :tongue:

I will say, as you can all read in my review of them earlier this summer, it did get a little annoying how often he called for circle pits. But can you really blame him? If it gets the crowd a little more active, everyone has a bit more fun. At least he isn't yelling for violence and hurting one another, like the dicks in Oceano.

EDIT: And someone else voted option 3! :lovedup:

If any band every said that they would be gods :D:D

jd091
09-01-2011, 07:14 PM
If any band every said that they would be gods :D:D

That's a Vogelism right there! You should see Terror, they're hilarious live.

A million times this? A fucking trillion times this. The best live bands never interrupt a song to say "tear some shit up", they say it before and then they rip your fucking face off by playing something Suicide Silence could never even dream of... a good song. The best frontmen are the ones who get into the music and make you feel it all the way in the back of the club without telling you to form circle pits or other such forms of ridiculousness.

Troo metal fan is butthurt! :(

Dextrimental
09-01-2011, 08:51 PM

I think there's a lot to be said for doing it right, like Phil Anselmo when I seen Down in 2008.. 'Bring up the house lights, I wanna see this entire crowd... You guys at the bar, I wanna see you guys get into this next one, y'all gotta go especially nuts for this one!!!!!' his whole demeanor was amazing, he was so into it, and the crowd really fed off that.. He didn't ever ask for a pit or anything, none of it felt corny!

dcmetal108
09-02-2011, 10:11 AM

I plan on trying to go to the Terror/Acacia Strain show coming to Joliet in Nov.

jd091
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I plan on trying to go to the Terror/Acacia Strain show coming to Joliet in Nov.

:brofist: Slam hard for me, brother.

Natrlhi
09-02-2011, 10:40 AM
:brofist: Slam hard for me, brother.
That's what she said. :eyes:

GarageMetal468
09-02-2011, 11:25 AM

They don't even have to say it at all. When I saw Cannibal Corpse headline last year, the instant Skeletonwitch came on everyone went nuts. Same with Corpse but that's always expected.

Oh and deathcore bands altogether get butthurt if you don't mosh for them. When I saw Suffokate open a show 2 years ago, they were bitching to the crowd that the crowd in Canada was so much better than us. Then somebody yelled out, "THATS BECAUSE YOU SUCK!" and the singer got really pissed. You think troo metal fans are butthurt, take a look at not just deathcore fans, but bands too

hellawaits77ny
09-02-2011, 08:37 PM
At least he isn't yelling for violence and hurting one another, like the dicks in Oceano.

Yeah, that shit pisses me off

hellawaits77ny
09-02-2011, 08:39 PM

Scott is a fuckin riot :party:

"YOU, YOU, YOU, YOU, MORE STAGE DIVES!!!!!"

dcmetal108
09-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Yeah, that shit pisses me off

Am I the only person that enjoys Oceano live. Both times I've seen them they haven't really called out for alot of violence and they've never cussed out the crowd. They usually just call for a pit and thats all. Or they do "the man test" their dumb way of doing a wall of death.

mastodon421
09-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Am I the only person that enjoys Oceano live. Both times I've seen them they haven't really called out for alot of violence and they've never cussed out the crowd. They usually just call for a pit and thats all. Or they do "the man test" their dumb way of doing a wall of death.

At my Summer Slaugher date, they were calling for people to strangle each other. Really classy stuff:tp:

dcmetal108
09-03-2011, 07:19 AM
At my Summer Slaugher date, they were calling for people to strangle each other. Really classy stuff:tp:

Wow lol. For me they've always just called for pits and some craziness. Summer Slaughter I think they called for some Violence and Mayhem once. Although when I saw them opening up for Carnifex the last song they said they were gonna turn off every light and they wanted to see everyone fighting and they wanted blood. I ended up getting pushed over a railing and smacked my face on it and hit my head on the floor so hard it knocked me out for a second and dazed me.:bouville::bouville:

jd091
09-03-2011, 08:46 AM

Yeah, I'm the same with mastodon421 here. He told us to "grab the throat" of the person next to us, throw them on the ground, and beat them to shit. :tp:

Hey, all the power to ya if you like Oceano, but I don't really think anyone else here does. :lol:

Wow lol. For me they've always just called for pits and some craziness. Summer Slaughter I think they called for some Violence and Mayhem once. Although when I saw them opening up for Carnifex the last song they said they were gonna turn off every light and they wanted to see everyone fighting and they wanted blood. I ended up getting pushed over a railing and smacked my face on it and hit my head on the floor so hard it knocked me out for a second and dazed me.:bouville::bouville:

Hot damn, man, you just contradicted yourself!

Jochen
01-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I saw Suicide Silence open for Megadeth in '09. Their music was bad, and the singer looked stupid on stage. However, the bassist/guitarists did some good windmilling.