PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Lady Gaga Album!

SirLardsAlot
08-27-2011, 10:36 PM
I LOVE Lady Gaga, but like, each one of her albums, I really love half of, and then the other half I'm just like, "eh." But the songs that I love are amazing. So, it's a hard pick, but I think I'm gonna have to say her latest work of art, Born This Way. It's gotten many plays from me.

:blaze: :finger2: :freak: :deadhorse :peru:

mankvill
08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
BORN THIS WAY IS OLD AND BUSTED

FAME MONSTER IS THE NEW HOTNESS

treghet
08-27-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpbxfqPAPX8

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Fame Monster all the way.

llama lom
08-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Born This Way. No question.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 01:56 AM
A completely un-original mix of Christina Aguilera, Madonna & Grace Jones.

That people see this as some kind of godess is beyond me.

Butcher of Birth
08-28-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm a big fan of pop music, but in the end I really don't like Lady Gaga... She is so full of herself and markets herself as a fun and weird artist, then opens her mouths in interviews and says how much she hates all the intolerance in the world and what not. I mean, sure you can have a message and what not, but don't tell me you are one way (Just Dance, Poker Face, etc) then turn around and say "No, I'm a serious person...".

That being said, her first album is her best album. That new stinker she put out is a bore. She lost everything that was fun and exciting in her music and replaced it with mellowed downed piano ballads that only teenagers and the gay community can really rally behind.

Epidemic Reign
08-28-2011, 02:07 AM
Click Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ycKymifw0)

brutal_descent
08-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Click Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ycKymifw0)

Just watched the Rebecca Black one, I think I'm going to puke.

Epidemic Reign
08-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Just watched the Rebecca Black one, I think I'm going to puke.

Drinkin' shrimp juice, pukin'! ;)

brutal_descent
08-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Drinkin' shrimp juice, pukin'! ;)

Her mole is so fucking disgusting.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 02:49 AM
And she's fugly.

ChildrenofSodom
08-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Successful troll is.....serious?

DethMaiden
08-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Voted for Born This Way, but between that and the Fame Monster it's ve-e-e-e-ery close.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Can't stand this bitch or her flamboyantly proud/flamboyantly gay fans. Someone needs to shit on her ugly face. Even if she likes metal, which is definitely up for debate, she's still just another asshole who acts weird for the sake of being weird. I hate that so many people buy into that shit

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Successful troll is.....serious?

Who, me?

Why is that, because I can't stand her and find her extremely un-original???

Omg/

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Can't stand this bitch or her flamboyantly proud/flamboyantly gay fans. Someone needs to shit on her ugly face. Even if she likes metal, which is definitely up for debate, she's still just another asshole who acts weird for the sake of being weird. I hate that so many people buy into that shit

According to a certain poster, this makes us trolls.

:eek:

llama lom
08-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm a big fan of pop music, but in the end I really don't like Lady Gaga... She is so full of herself and markets herself as a fun and weird artist, then opens her mouths in interviews and says how much she hates all the intolerance in the world and what not. I mean, sure you can have a message and what not, but don't tell me you are one way (Just Dance, Poker Face, etc) then turn around and say "No, I'm a serious person...".

That being said, her first album is her best album. That new stinker she put out is a bore. She lost everything that was fun and exciting in her music and replaced it with mellowed downed piano ballads that only teenagers and the gay community can really rally behind.

I don't even...... wow. I'm not even one of those "little monster" things but still, wow.

A completely un-original mix of Christina Aguilera, Madonna & Grace Jones.

That people see this as some kind of godess is beyond me.

I don't know why people can view pop artists who have obvious influences as unoriginal but not metal bands. Some people do but whatever. I just think that unless two groups sound exactly the same, then there's no reason to call them unoriginal.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 08:47 AM
She is seen as something "new", which just isn't true.

Tell me how she's not a copy of Grace Jones, Madonna & Christina. Grace Jones her costumes looked "weird" 25-30 years ago too, Madonna "shocked" with "like a virgin" (and her obscene behaviour), Christina's hair looked like Gaga's ten years ago.

Hell, Jones is 63 and her body looks better than Gaga's.

Tell me what's so "amazing" about her voice.

Tell me why everyone should like this annoying hype, that will die soon.

llama lom
08-28-2011, 08:55 AM
She is seen as something "new", which just isn't true.

Tell me how she's not a copy of Grace Jones, Madonna & Christina. Grace Jones her costumes looked "weird" 25-30 years ago too, Madonna "shocked" with "like a virgin" (and her obscene behaviour), Christina's hair looked like Gaga's ten years ago.

Hell, Jones is 63 and her body looks better than Gaga's.

Tell me what's so "amazing" about her voice.

Tell me why everyone should like this annoying hype, that will die soon.

I don't listen to them because honestly I don't follow pop. I just know Gaga because a friend of mine told me to try out the new album. Although I would have agreed with you beforehand, now I just think she gets a ton of crap. Who cares if she's unoriginal? Who cares if she looks ugly? The point is that people enjoy the music for what it is and don't care about the superficial things about, which is honestly how I think the music business should be.

Of course however there are the people who follow her because the persona and for that I have no response.

MetalIsArt
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Of course can people enjoy the music.

But I have a tendency for disliking almost every overhyped new artist. ;)

larvtard
08-28-2011, 09:05 AM
umm...I thought this was a METAL forum :confused:

RAZOR
08-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Really. :lol:

ShatteredFlame
08-28-2011, 09:21 AM
The Fame Monster

Wizzbang11
08-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Born this Way, easily, although Fame Monster is excellent. There's only a handful of good songs on the debut.

Madonna is great, but I find Gaga much more interesting. I don't see the Christina Aguilera thing at all, aside from "female pop artist of the 2000s."
I don't know the third person you're comparing her too, but I don't think Lady Gaga ever claimed to be the first weird costumed pop star, and the look of Gaga's body has no effect on the quality of her music whatsoever, so I'm not sure why that's even being taken into consideration. That said, she's way the fuck more attractive than 90% of her fellow pop stars.

Maiden33
08-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I was going to reply with "Are you fucking kidding me?" - But I know this forum by now, and I know you definitely are not. :bouville:

mankvill
08-28-2011, 10:16 AM
the only godga i know is shit i've heard on the radio and so far pre-Born This Way >>>>>>>>> Born This Way.

Edge of Glory sounds like fucking Kelly Clarkson and You And Me (or whatever it's called) sucks.

Sanitarium78
08-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Madonna>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lady Gaga

That is all.

JRA
08-28-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't really listen to her albums but I sill say her new stuff is at least listenable.

Everything from The Fame was garbage.

mankvill
08-28-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't really listen to her albums but I sill say her new stuff is at least listenable.

Everything from The Fame was garbage.

reverse for me

NickLed19
08-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Might as well do a favorite Katy Perry album if this is on here. LOL

SirLardsAlot
08-28-2011, 09:34 PM
What a great performance at the VMAs tonight! :D

SirLardsAlot
08-28-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/684905/you-and-i-live.jhtml#id=1668979

NickLed19
08-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Weird as hell.

treghet
08-28-2011, 10:47 PM
What a great performance at the VMAs tonight! :D

Indeed.

...And it was funny when she slipped on the beer.

youngandaspiring
08-31-2011, 03:17 AM
I was a bit disappointed in Born this Way. Voted Fame Monster. 6 absolute classic songs (Bad Romance - Telephone) with 2 good songs to finish. Fame and Born this Way had too much filler.

MetalIsArt
08-31-2011, 06:35 AM

Hm, she DID kiss a girl and liked it... :D ;)

ravenheart
08-31-2011, 06:41 AM
The point is that people enjoy the music for what it is and don't care about the superficial things about, which is honestly how I think the music business should be.

If her fans were people who didn't care about superficial things, they wouldn't listen to her music, which is the very definition of superficial.

Can't speak for the US, but here most of her fans just love her for being "bold" (which is apparently the fanboi term for someone who dresses like a retard for the sake of newspaper headlines).

jd091
09-04-2011, 09:15 AM

I enjoy Katy Perry much more than Lady Gaga, actually. But a 2-album poll isn't really much of a poll.

And the oldest is the best, BORN THIS WAY!

dcmetal108
09-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I can say I don't find Katy Perry terrible. Their catchy songs and when I met her at Warped Tour 2008 right when she was getting big she was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

HandOfDoom
09-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I guess the EP,since Bad Romance is her only song i can tolerate

Dextrimental
09-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Fairly big pop fan myself, and I don't like Gaga's new album all too much, Adele's new record, 21, destroys it I think. The Fame was pop perfection, and she's slowly losing grip of that. Beyonce, Britney and Christina Aguilera (whom I'm a BIG fan of) are posing little threat to her, but Adele seriously is.

Also, Madonna > Lady Gaga, just for the record.

SirLardsAlot
09-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I would like to point out that the current vote tally is 6, 6, 6. Gaga truly is metal!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/SirLardsAlot/GagaMayhem.jpg

(PS - It's times like this that I wish I had Photoshop on this computer, that would have come out so much better.)

kommie
09-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Lady Gaga is a Bjork rip-off.

Butcher of Birth
09-07-2011, 10:18 AM
...Adele's new record, 21, destroys [Gaga's new album]...
Also, Madonna > Lady Gaga, just for the record.

Agreed on both points. I am also a big fan of pop music, and as of now Adele is just pouring out the hits. Born This Way is so hit and miss while 21 is a calculated album of pure brilliance.