DementedX14
08-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Oh boy here we go!:eyes::eyes::eyes:

masterguy49
08-27-2011, 07:59 AM
JD's new fav thread.

Sanitarium78
08-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Are you fuckin serious? This year's mayhem just ended let's give it a rest at least until the new year. Who knows who the fuck is gonna even be out with new stuff a year from now?

Steev
08-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Almost every year I predict As I Lay Dying is on, just seems like they would have by now

ShatteredFlame
08-27-2011, 08:55 AM
I wish people would stop caring about this fest.

daimonos
08-27-2011, 09:42 AM
fuck this thread

kommie
08-27-2011, 09:44 AM

This. almost all the headliners are early 2000s nu-metal bands past their prime.

Butcher of Birth
08-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Almost every year I predict As I Lay Dying is on, just seems like they would have by now

This is struck me as hilarious :lol: Not to good on picking stuff are ya mate?

Xenocide
08-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Are you fuckin serious? This year's mayhem just ended let's give it a rest at least until the new year. Who knows who the fuck is gonna even be out with new stuff a year from now?

Yes because that absolutely makes sense. Make a rumor thread at the new year, when the lineup is announced....

Xenocide
08-27-2011, 10:19 AM

You saw the title of the thread, yet you willingly came in here and posted...

xStructualDefect
08-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Lulz at people who get mad at a thread. Anyway I hope to see AILD headline a side stage this year.

brutal_descent
08-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Lulz at people who get mad at a thread. Anyway I hope to see AILD headline a side stGe this year.

As do I.

I'm also hoping for Deftones, Alice in Chains or Slipknot, but it's too early for me to be making those guesses. I'll probably end up going anyway though. ;)

mankvill
08-27-2011, 11:26 AM
As do I.

I'm also hoping for Deftones, Alice in Chains or Slipknot, but it's too early for me to be making those guesses. I'll probably end up going anyway though. ;)

"I want to see the same goddamn bands over and over again."

brutal_descent
08-27-2011, 11:31 AM
"I want to see the same goddamn bands over and over again."

Well, Mayhem seems to be all about repeat bands now, so we may as well pick the good ones. :tongue:

llama lom
08-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I want to hear good live music. That is my only request.

GarageMetal468
08-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, Mayhem seems to be all about repeat bands now, so we may as well pick the good ones. :tongue:

Good plan, bring back Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder and Behemoth and let this actually be a good festival!

brutal_descent
08-27-2011, 11:35 AM
I want to hear good live music. That is my only request.

No more Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Godsmack, Suicide Silence, Straight Line Stitch, Black Tide, Underoath, or In This Moment please.

Good plan, bring back Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder and Behemoth and let this actually be a good festival!

Apart from the bands I just mentioned, I'm pretty much okay with the bands that have appeared on Mayhem.

llama lom
08-27-2011, 11:36 AM

I almost cried one night thinking about how good 09 was. :lol:

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2011, 11:46 AM
This Xenocide guy should be banned for making this thread. Were still dealing with the worst thread this site has ever seen, we don't need another one.

brutal_descent
08-27-2011, 11:48 AM
This Xenocide guy should be banned for making this thread. Were still dealing with the worst thread this site has ever seen, we don't need another one.

THREADCEPTION

At least you went - this year was my first Mayhem. :bouville:

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2011, 11:54 AM
But seriously who even cares what the lineup is gonna be, I have no interest in traveling to another state to see washed up nu metal bands.

brutal_descent
08-27-2011, 11:57 AM
But seriously who even cares what the lineup is gonna be, I have no interest in traveling to another state to see washed up nu metal bands.

So don't concern yourself with this then. It's not worth your breath. :fist:

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2011, 11:59 AM
So don't concern yourself with this then. It's not worth your breath. :fist:

Don't have to use my breath to type. ;)

llama lom
08-27-2011, 12:01 PM
So don't read it......?

brutal_descent
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Don't have to use my breath to type. ;)

So don't read it......?

This and the neverending argument over non-metal setlists - don't even try.

makethemsuffer12
08-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Dude you've been on here for only a little over a year. I don't think that puts you in the position to make such a claim. :lol:

Besides, you seem to be getting awfully butthurt over absolutely nothing. Chill out, brah. :cool:

larvtard
08-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Maybe not banned, because he didn't know, but I think we can all agree that Mayhem threads are annoying.

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Dude you've been on here for only a little over a year. I don't think that puts you in the position to make such a claim. :lol:

Well at least the worst i've seen. Why is it still going on after the tour ended???

Xenocide
08-27-2011, 02:46 PM
lolque

llama lom
08-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Notice how this thread started today and it's already on its fourth page. With almost no talk of rumors at all.

Xenocide
08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Mainly due to people bitching about the existence of the thread.

ShatteredFlame
08-27-2011, 03:46 PM
You saw the title of the thread, yet you willingly came in here and posted...

yes, yes I did

IrritatedTrout
08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
GAYHEM

:moon:

Sanitarium78
08-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Yes because that absolutely makes sense. Make a rumor thread at the new year, when the lineup is announced....

I'd rather have a mayhem thread made next year when the lineup gets announced that way we can discuss that. A rumor thread is not needed because this tour is still ten months away from happening. Tell me how creating a rumor thread this far in advance makes sense? Because it sure doesn't to me.

Like I said before we don't know for sure who will have new material to support. More importantly we don't know who will be available yet. After the new year that will be a bit clearer so waiting until then to talk about it would be more logical.

treghet
08-27-2011, 05:20 PM
The Mayhem threads have never bothered me - in fact, they are entertaining - but I have to go with Sanitarium here. What's the point of this thread? I mean creating a Maryland Deathfest thread a week after the festival makes sense, since they start booking bands almost immediately, but the Mayhem tour doesn't make announcements until a few months prior. What are we supposed to discuss here? Completely random speculations?

Indestructible
08-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I find everyone bitching about this Mayhemfest rumor thread more annoy(and funny) than the people speculating about what bands will be on next years Mayhem.

mankvill
08-27-2011, 05:28 PM
I find everyone bitching about this Mayhemfest rumor thread more annoy(and funny) than the people speculating about what bands will be on next years Mayhem.

This cool story brought to you by Bro, Inc.

treghet
08-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Holy shit that didn't even make sense. :lol:

xStructualDefect
08-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Meh who cares let people speculate. Don't they book some bands like a year in advance anyway?

treghet
08-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Meh who cares let people speculate. Don't they book some bands like a year in advance anyway?

Last year's Mayhem thread was started in late November, with a rumor regarding Machine Head being on the bill. This year's has started three months earlier with absolutely no rumors to discuss. Point being, why would you start a thread in the information section when you have zero information.

xStructualDefect
08-27-2011, 05:44 PM
No, they don't.

I'm pretty sure they do. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already booking some the bands right now.

treghet
08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Edited post... And even if they are booking bands right now, do we know anything? No.

xStructualDefect
08-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Edited post... And even if they are booking bands right now, do we know anything? No.

Yeah but who cares. It's fun sometimes to speculate and guess who's gonna be on a festival.

treghet
08-27-2011, 05:59 PM
You completely disregarded my point. This forum is meant for information, not speculation. You can post whatever you want in the general section. When information on the tour surfaces, that is the time to post a thread here.

Sanitarium78
08-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Yeah but who cares. It's fun sometimes to speculate and guess who's gonna be on a festival.

I don't mind if people want to speculate on who plays. But doing it this far in advance? How much can we speculate before we run out of stuff to say because there's no official information coming in.

TheDeadPanda
08-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Theres more speculation and guessing on the Slipknot thread than on this one.

dcmetal108
08-27-2011, 08:13 PM

Mayhem 09 was my first real metal show. Got there just as Behemoth started. That day opened my eyes to so many good bands including my favorite band black dahlia murder.

jd091
08-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh hell, we should have just kept the epic Mayhem '11 thread running. I'm gonna miss that piece of shit!

:bawling: :grim:

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-28-2011, 09:10 AM
The Mayhem threads have never bothered me - in fact, they are entertaining - but I have to go with Sanitarium here. What's the point of this thread? I mean creating a Maryland Deathfest thread a week after the festival makes sense, since they start booking bands almost immediately, but the Mayhem tour doesn't make announcements until a few months prior. What are we supposed to discuss here? Completely random speculations?

1. There are already statements from people who work for Metal Blade records about a specific band being on the 2012 festival.

2. Mayhem is already booking bands for next years festival. The headliners are usually booked near the end of the current tour.

3. And this is perhaps the most important... instead of having 100 Mayhem threads for each year... for each rumor... for each bit of news... some of them repeated over and over again... you have it in one thread. All other posts should be merged with this thread or deleted. It would start soon enough anyways.

Haters are gonna hate, but seriously without this thread the board would be overrun with Mayhem related threads by Thanksgiving. Also, for the those who wish to discuss the posibilities, rumors etc, that is their perogative. If you don't like Mayhem Fest, don't read the thread, don't post in it, ignore it. Its really not that hard to do. When other posters make threads on this board about bands/tours I don't like I never post in it. There are only so many hours in the day and I'd rather spend talking about something I like instead of trying to 'out metal' some clowns on the internet. :finger:

mankvill
08-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Haters are gonna hate, but seriously without this thread the board would be overrun with Mayhem related threads by Thanksgiving.

I disagree. We actually have mods here who are active, unlike the Mayhem boards. Any repeat threads, especially big ones like Mayhem Fest rumors, would get moved to the big thread.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-28-2011, 09:26 AM
And... as far as some speculation, here are some bands I THINK could be on next year, purely an uneducated guess on my behalf:

Main:
Slipknot (Roadrunner)
Lamb Of God (Sony)
Killswitch Engage (Roadrunner)

Second Stage Headliners/Main Stage Opener:

Hatebreed (eOne)
As I Lay Dying (Metal Blade)
Mastodon (Universal)

Jager/Revolver Stage rotating bands:

Amon Amarth (Metal Blade)
Skeletonwitch (Prosthetic)

I believe Alice in Chains, 5FDP, Deftones, etc other hard rock, alternative influenced bands will end up on Uproar.

I think this years Mayhem Festival will feature less hard rock and more metal. I think the Revolver/Jager stages have the potential to be as good as it was in 09.

mankvill
08-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Main:
Slipknot (Roadrunner)
Lamb Of God (Sony)

Hatebreed (eOne)
Mastodon (Universal)

I believe Alice in Chains, 5FDP, Deftones,.

Once again

"I want to see the same goddamn bands over and over."

llama lom
08-28-2011, 09:29 AM
And... as far as some speculation, here are some bands I THINK could be on next year, purely an uneducated guess on my behalf:

Main:
Slipknot (Roadrunner)
Lamb Of God (Sony)

Hatebreed (eOne)
Mastodon (Universal)

I believe Alice in Chains, 5FDP, Deftones, etc other hard rock, alternative influenced bands will end up on Uproar.

I think this years Mayhem Festival will feature less hard rock and more metal. I think the Revolver/Jager stages have the potential to be as good as it was in 09.

I would buy pit tickets immediately, no question. This would be fucking amazing.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Once again

"I want to see the same goddamn bands over and over."

Just like Ozzfest, Wacken, Uproar, ROTR, etc...

I will have to say that the one thing Mayhem Festival has not done that Ozzfest was able to do was to elevate multiple rock/metal bands of different genres (hard rock/metal/hard core/nu metal/gothic/extreme metal) and help them reach the masses and success. So far, Mayhem has helped out 5FDP and that has been about it. Everyone else had already acheived success or failed afterwards.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-28-2011, 09:40 AM
I disagree. We actually have mods here who are active, unlike the Mayhem boards. Any repeat threads, especially big ones like Mayhem Fest rumors, would get moved to the big thread.

The mods and the forum in general is excellent here at metalsetlists. However, it would be a hassle to deal with all of the extra bullshit. This thread has yet to harm or cause any significant problems, I say let it ride...

mankvill
08-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Just like Ozzfest, Wacken, Uproar, ROTR, etc...

Uproar and ROTR fucking suck

Ozzfest had its glory days

And Wacken is nothing compared to Hellfest, Brutal Assault, etc.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-28-2011, 09:41 AM
So Hellfest and Brutal Assault don't get the same bands every other year or so... ???

mankvill
08-28-2011, 09:47 AM
So Hellfest and Brutal Assault don't get the same bands every other year or so... ???

Of course not. And these are just the most popular of popular fests. I'd take a touring fest like EU's Thrashfest (or hell, even Gigantour has the chance to be good) than LET'S APPEAL TO MANY CASUAL FANS AS POSSIBLE Kevin Lyman fests.

RAZOR
08-28-2011, 10:08 AM

Main:
Slipknot (Roadrunner)
Lamb Of God (Sony)

Hatebreed (eOne)
Mastodon (Universal)

I can't see Amon Amarth being on Mayhem.

jd091
08-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Speaking of which, who are the mods here?

mankvill
08-28-2011, 11:13 AM

Secret police, you can't know.

Sanitarium78
08-28-2011, 11:33 AM

This site is moderated by the Ghosts Of Past Metal Gods. That's why you never see or hear from any of them.

jd091
08-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Secret police, you can't know.

Har har har. I'm pretty sure ChildrenOfSodom is a mod, right? And then there's the terrifying possibility that YOU are a mod, or even DETHMAIDEN! :eek:

kommie
08-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Main Stage:
Nu-Metal band
Nu-Metal band
Nu-Metal band
maybe something good.

probably 5 Finger Death Punch somewhere.

OraclesofAgony
08-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Main Stage:
Nu-Metal band
Nu-Metal band
Nu-Metal band
maybe something good.

probably 5 Finger Death Punch somewhere.

Yeah probably. Fuck. Probably will be co-headliners since Mayhem vaulted them up to the Main Stage already last year.

Magson13
08-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Main:
Slipknot (Roadrunner)
Lamb Of God (Sony)

Hatebreed (eOne)
Mastodon (Universal)

Amon Amarth needs to be moved up a tier, they are way bigger of a draw than that. Also, *gets into long debate that Lamb of God cannot coheadline* :finger:

kommie
08-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Amon Amarth needs to be moved up a tier, they are way bigger of a draw than that. Also, *gets into long debate that Lamb of God cannot coheadline* :finger:

Ozzfest 2007 says 'Hello'.

treghet
08-28-2011, 05:08 PM
1. There are already statements from people who work for Metal Blade records about a specific band being on the 2012 festival.

Then why don't you post them to give this thread some merit?

2. Mayhem is already booking bands for next years festival. The headliners are usually booked near the end of the current tour.

As I previously said, if we don't know anything, then there's no reason for this thread to exist.

3. And this is perhaps the most important... instead of having 100 Mayhem threads for each year... for each rumor... for each bit of news... some of them repeated over and over again... you have it in one thread. All other posts should be merged with this thread or deleted. It would start soon enough anyways.

Last year you started one general thread, and I believe another one or two still sprung up.

Sanitarium78
08-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Har har har. I'm pretty sure ChildrenOfSodom is a mod, right? And then there's the terrifying possibility that YOU are a mod, or even DETHMAIDEN! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

jd091
08-28-2011, 06:08 PM

:lol:

Sepultura69
08-28-2011, 06:51 PM
SEPULTURA SHOULD HEADLINE NEXT YEARS MAYHEM FEST.

THERE'S MY SPECULATION, BITCHES

HuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzuuuhhhhhhHHH :rocker:

masterguy49
08-28-2011, 07:02 PM
SEPULTURA SHOULD HEADLINE NEXT YEARS MAYHEM FEST.

THERE'S MY SPECULATION, BITCHES

HuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzuuuhhhhhhHHH :rocker:

Hopefully headlining a side stage.

jd091
08-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Hopefully headlining a side stage.

Naw, they'll be direct support for Carnifex on a side stage. :tongue:

AnthG
08-28-2011, 07:46 PM
This cool story brought to you by Bro, Inc.

I'm stealing this.

es156
08-28-2011, 08:32 PM

:lol:

Magson13
08-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Ozzfest 2007 says 'Hello'.

Being the second to last band does not make them the coheadliner.

Also. Mayhemfest 2010 says 'Hello.'

rjturtle9
08-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Already 8 pages in, and it's not even 2012 yet. I hate these Mayhem threads.

TonyD
08-28-2011, 11:35 PM

lol this

kommie
08-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Being the second to last band does not make them the coheadliner.

Also. Mayhemfest 2010 says 'Hello.'

being the first band on the main stage does not make them a coheadliner. haven't noticed your activities in a while, forum troll.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Then why don't you post them to give this thread some merit?

As I previously said, if we don't know anything, then there's no reason for this thread to exist.

Last year you started one general thread, and I believe another one or two still sprung up.

To be honest after reading about the AILD/Metal Blade tent @ Mayhem story I asked one of the band members if this was true & was told "Yeah they are already booking bands". Good enough for me...

jd091
08-29-2011, 07:25 AM

Well come on, it's gotta reach page 666 so it gets shut down before Mayhem 2012 evens starts!

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-29-2011, 10:06 AM
And with the Slipknot US tour set to start in June ( http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162561 ) this does make a run on Mayhem Fest look less likely.

Perhaps Mayhem listened to the fans and tried to book SOAD/Deftones. There were alot of people wanting these bands on the line up last year. It would sell alot of tickets.

treghet
08-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Well, hopefully they get some good bands this year. And I'm not saying they need to book more death metal. Just some non-mallcore / nu-metal would be fine. But I don't see that happening.

AnthG
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Am I the only one that thought 2009 was the worst year? I think the only bands from that year I really enjoy still are God Forbid, KsE, and All that Remains. Plus I already witnessed the borefest that was the Manson/Slayer 2007 tour.

masterguy49
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Am I the only one that thought 2009 was the worst year? I think the only bands from that year I really enjoy still are God Forbid, KsE, and All that Remains. Plus I already witnessed the borefest that was the Manson/Slayer 2007 tour.

You probably think this because no one loves you.

Sepultura69
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Am I the only one that thought 2009 was the worst year?

Yes. Yes you are.

Plus I already witnessed the borefest that was the Manson 2007 tour.

TRUE INDEED, BROTHER. TRUE INDEED :fist:

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-29-2011, 03:22 PM

This.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Well, hopefully they get some good bands this year. And I'm not saying they need to book more death metal. Just some non-mallcore / nu-metal would be fine. But I don't see that happening.

I agree. Why not book Ghost, Overkill, Voivod, Within Temptation, along with some of the more brutal secondary stage bands. Or bands stylistically different, not those exact bands. Change it up and offer more variety.

larvtard
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I agree. Why not book Ghost, Overkill, Voivod, Within Temptation, along with some of the more brutal secondary stage bands. Or bands stylistically different, not those exact bands. Change it up and offer more variety.

lol none of those would ever happen. And :lol: at people thinking Morbid Angel has a chance at being on this. Summer Slaughter won't even touch them. Cannibal Corpse played 2009 but that year had by far the worst ticket sales.

TheDeadPanda
08-29-2011, 03:47 PM
If slipknots out as headlining, who else is there? Soad, but that seems unlikely to me. A7x is big enough but there'd no way they'd do mayhem after 2 years of uproar. Any thoughts?

mankvill
08-29-2011, 03:54 PM
generic radio hard rock/"metal" band #1938 has my vote

kommie
08-29-2011, 03:56 PM
generic radio hard rock/"metal" band #1938 has my vote

geez you just pretty much said every headliner of this tour, ever. sans Slayer and Manson? I know Manson probably isn't radio friendly, but all the dumb kids like him for some reason.

AnthG
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes. Yes you are.

Plus I already witnessed the borefest that was the Manson 2007 tour.

TRUE INDEED, BROTHER. TRUE INDEED :fist:

Hey wait a minute...

dcmetal108
08-30-2011, 06:24 AM
If slipknots out as headlining, who else is there? Soad, but that seems unlikely to me. A7x is big enough but there'd no way they'd do mayhem after 2 years of uproar. Any thoughts?

If Mayhem offered a spot to A7X I know they'd take it. Has nothing to do with them doing two years of Uproar because their big right now and are making big money and prolly want to continue it. Look between these two Uproar's they did two whole US tours.

metallicbrian666
08-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Mayhem gets progressively more mainstream every year. As they add more popular shit, sales go up. If I'm not mistaken, the Michigan date sold out. They will never get those bands.

Sanitarium78
08-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Mayhem gets progressively more mainstream every year. As they add more popular shit, sales go up. If I'm not mistaken, the Michigan date sold out. They will never get those bands.

I'm not sure if they will ever get bands like that but if the headliners and to a lesser extent, the rest of the main stage are big enough to draw the people in then they can fill the other stages up with pretty much any metal band.

Most people don't go because of who plays the secondary stages. It's the headliners that bring in 90 percent of the ticket sales. The reason 2009 was the worst attended one wasn't because of CC and Behemoth being on the bill. It's because no one gives a shit about Manson anymore and while Slayer is still popular among the metal community, they're not popular enough outside of it to sell out amphitheaters unless they have a better co-headliner with them.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure if they will ever get bands like that but if the headliners and to a lesser extent, the rest of the main stage are big enough to draw the people in then they can fill the other stages up with pretty much any metal band.

Most people don't go because of who plays the secondary stages. It's the headliners that bring in 90 percent of the ticket sales. The reason 2009 was the worst attended one wasn't because of CC and Behemoth being on the bill. It's because no one gives a shit about Manson anymore and while Slayer is still popular among the metal community, they're not popular enough outside of it to sell out amphitheaters unless they have a better co-headliner with them.

Excellent post and very truthful!!!

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Some of the bands who are probably candidates to headline are:

Slipknot
SOAD
A Perfect Circle
Alice In Chains
Avenged Sevenfold
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Deftones
Rob Zombie
Korn

I would be willing to bet that the two headliners are on the above list. Unless they opt for something off the wall (GNR?) or there is a suprise headliner (Metallica, Black Sabbath, Tool) that no one thinks would be playing this festival. Or perhaps they have one very popular headliner (Slipknot, SOAD) and have 3 other bands rotate on the main stage (KsE, LoG, Mastodon)? Mayhem Festival organizers listen to their fans and are not afraid of changing the format of the festival. To avoid numerous repeating bands for 2012 will likely be one their goals IMO.

mankvill
08-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden

haha

xStructualDefect
08-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Slipknot
SOAD
A Perfect Circle
Alice In Chains
Avenged Sevenfold
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Deftones
Rob Zombie
Korn

I could definitely see Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold being coheadliners. I would love to see Deftones but i'm not sure if that's likely. It is but my bet is higher on the other 2. SOAD is a possibility IMO, although unlikely. Maybe Rammstein could be another possibility? I definitely can't see the other bands mentioned playing Mayhem Fest.

TheDeadPanda
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Some of the bands who are probably candidates to headline are:

Slipknot
SOAD
A Perfect Circle
Alice In Chains
Avenged Sevenfold
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Deftones
Rob Zombie
Korn

Or perhaps they have one very popular headliner (Slipknot, SOAD) and have 3 other bands rotate on the main stage (KsE, LoG, Mastodon)? Mayhem Festival organizers listen to their fans and are not afraid of changing the format of the festival. To avoid numerous repeating bands for 2012 will likely be one their goals IMO.

i like that idea.

dcmetal108
08-31-2011, 10:55 AM
I could definitely see Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold being coheadliners. I would love to see Deftones but i'm not sure if that's likely. It is but my bet is higher on the other 2. SOAD is a possibility IMO, although unlikely. Maybe Rammstein could be another possibility? I definitely can't see the other bands mentioned playing Mayhem Fest.

With Slipknot doing a spring tour I don't see them on it. A7X is highly likely I think.

Also I don't see Deftones being on there ever as I just don't think they'd fit well. They'd be the odd band. Also unless they give SOAD headlining spot with a longer setlist I don't see them doing it either. I don't even think they'd do a full tour right.

And Rammstein will never happen. I don't think they'd ever agree to it and even if they did I don't think they'd want to play for just 65 minutes and I don't think Mayhem wants to pay for / have to worry about fitting Rammsteins 15 trucks or something full of pyro with them.

kommie
08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Flyleaf
Paramore
In This Moment
Kittie
Evanescence

Xenocide
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Rammstein was Lyman/Reese's first choice headliner for 2011. They ended up offering the band $8 million to do it, and the band turned it down. I don't think we're going to see them in the near future on Mayhem.

BloodoftheKings
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Rammstein was Lyman/Reese's first choice headliner for 2011. They ended up offering the band $8 million to do it, and the band turned it down. I don't think we're going to see them in the near future on Mayhem.

Doesn't it cost Rammstien 1 million to do a show, they would be stupid to offer that little money.

Xenocide
08-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Even though Slipknot is starting in June, I think they'll still headline 2012. They're probably doing some warm up shows.

dcmetal108
08-31-2011, 07:13 PM
If they do end up doing a full US tour like I'm thinking that they will then I don't see it happened.

Xenocide
09-01-2011, 12:39 PM
If they do end up doing a full US tour like I'm thinking that they will then I don't see it happened.

Are you Dr. Manhattan?

dcmetal108
09-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Are you Dr. Manhattan?

I hope not because then I'd be big, blue, and you'd constantly have to look at my dick. :D:D:D

christopher
09-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Rorshach just posted on facebook that they are going to be at MDF 2012

mankvill
09-01-2011, 06:04 PM

VERY nice

christopher
09-01-2011, 06:11 PM
VERY nice

FUCKING A hahahaha God damnit, I typed in Maryland in the search bar and wasn't really paying attention what thread I clicked on :lol:

mankvill
09-01-2011, 06:32 PM
FUCKING A hahahaha God damnit, I typed in Maryland in the search bar and wasn't really paying attention what thread I clicked on :lol:

I actually just realized this isn't the MDF thread either! :lol: I meant very nice to Rorshach!

christopher
09-01-2011, 06:38 PM
I actually just realized this isn't the MDF thread either! :lol: I meant very nice to Rorshach!

At least we were both in the same boat on that one. :lol: I checked the search results again to see how I messed up. The thread you made for MDF 2013 was right below this thread, so I just saw the 2012 and assumed I was in the right place.

Anyways, that's cool Rorshach is playing. I get to see them in a few weeks with ACxDC and Landmine Marathon at a venue that's less than 15 minutes from my house :D Can't wait!!

ShatteredFlame
09-01-2011, 06:38 PM

holy shit awesome

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Heard that Jasta has been trying to get Hatebreed on 2012. My source said he heard the words come out of Jasta's mouth. I was guessing eOne would secure a slot for Hatebreed/BLS/Down but since Jasta has played twice already I think its a likely bet we will see Hatebreed headline a side stage in 2012.

TiradesOfTruth
09-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I would love to see Hatebreed again. They never get old imo.

coltongsmith
09-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I would love to see Hatebreed again. They never get old imo.

i have to agree with you but the more bands they can get that have never been on the tour i think would make it better. but if hatebreed is on it i wont have a problem.

mankvill
09-05-2011, 12:32 PM
same fucking bands

DementedX14
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Here are some bands I would to see at Mayhem:

Tool
SOAD
Deftones
Mudvayne
Down
Children of Bodom
Black Label Society
Cradle of Filth
Meshuggah
The Haunted
Arch Enemy
As I Lay Dying
Periphery
Born Of Osiris
Between the Buried and Me

None of these bands have played at mayhem BTW.

AnthG
09-05-2011, 01:33 PM
If we're throwing out semi-realistic bands that could be on the tour, I'm gonna predict DevilDriver and Gojira. DevilDriver may still be on tour promoting Beast, so maybe that could serve as a wrap up of that album's touring cycle. Gojira has an EP coming soon, and while not a full album, they've definitely gotten a lot more exposure in North America over the last couple years touring with In Flames and Metallica and such. Gojira might be a bit of a stretch, but DevilDriver seems kind of like a no-brainer.

BlindGuardian93
09-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Just thought id throw this out there to cross a7x off the list. I was at uproar and they said they are taking a break after the Nightmare tour so I don't foresee them on Mayhem 2012.

My headline prediction is Slipknot and AiC

kommie
09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
If we're throwing out semi-realistic bands that could be on the tour, I'm gonna predict DevilDriver and Gojira. DevilDriver may still be on tour promoting Beast, so maybe that could serve as a wrap up of that album's touring cycle. Gojira has an EP coming soon, and while not a full album, they've definitely gotten a lot more exposure in North America over the last couple years touring with In Flames and Metallica and such. Gojira might be a bit of a stretch, but DevilDriver seems kind of like a no-brainer.

I doubt DevilDriver would EVER do Mayhem, considering, somehow, Mayhem has more or less replaced Ozzfest and Dez owes a lot of his fame to them putting him on Ozzfest a lot.

xStructualDefect
09-05-2011, 01:59 PM
same fucking bands

This.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Mayhem Fest has Bullet For My Valentine, 5FDP, Cannible Corpse, & Underoath as the only Main/Smaller stage headlining bands who have not played on Ozzfest or repeated on Mayhem Festival in a high priority slot in the US. Thats it out of 4 years of the tour.

They definitely need different bands. And they don't need to rehash bands this soon. If you have to use 1 or 2 bands that have played before at least make them wait for 5 years. I love Hatebreed but the prospects of them playing next year is lame. As Mankvill says SAME FUCKING BANDS.

The one thing Mayhem Fest has failed to do is take chances on new bands playing different genres of metal and give them a chance. Even the smaller stage bands have been around the block a few times. This is one area which Ozzfest was excellent at & made that tour last a long time even though we had Hatebreed, BLS & Otep on every other year.

Alice in Chains
SoaD
Deftones
Tool
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Soundgarden
RATM
Rammstein

Get any 2 of those bands to headline & change things up. It may be different & lots of people will say "______________ won't play Mayhem Fest Lol" and that is the type of bands they need to secure for the festival to keep things fresh and somewhat exciting.

BloodoftheKings
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Soundgarden
RATM

These won't happen. A Black Sabbath tour would be bigger then Mayhem fest all together. Plus none of these are has been nu metal bands so it wouldn't make sense for them to headline Mayhem.

dcmetal108
09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Soundgarden would never do Mayhem and a full US tour for RATM would be just as big if not bigger than Mayhem.

Xenocide
09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
The thing that made Ozzfest huge was the fact that Ozzy could play ampitheaters by himself if he wanted to, but he added a festival which made it huge. Mayhem needs to up their game on headliners.

xStructualDefect
09-05-2011, 03:22 PM
They need to get SOAD and Deftones headlining. Kind of unlikely but still possible.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-05-2011, 03:28 PM
These won't happen. A Black Sabbath tour would be bigger then Mayhem fest all together. Plus none of these are has been nu metal bands so it wouldn't make sense for them to headline Mayhem.

And you just proved my point. They need to get different headliners and not what is expected of them.

Soundgarden would never do Mayhem and a full US tour for RATM would be just as big if not bigger than Mayhem.

RATM and Soundgarden could draw good sized crowds on the coasts, but in the midwest and south they would need the other bands to help sell the tour.

The thing that made Ozzfest huge was the fact that Ozzy could play ampitheaters by himself if he wanted to, but he added a festival which made it huge. Mayhem needs to up their game on headliners.

Exactly. Ever since Slipknot headlined they have had bands that are 'B' level when it comes to drawing a crowd. Bands that headline large clubs, small arenas, not amphitheaters. Instead of having 2 'B' level bands headline the fest they need 1 real headlining band that could sell out 3/4's of the tour on its own and get decent supporting bands to round out the main stage and second stage headliners.

Get SOAD or Tool to headline. Don't get a 'B' level band like (Manson, Slayer, Zombie, Disturbed, etc) who is usually a coheadliner. Round out the stage with more bands that would be the equivilant of a main stage opening act or 2nd stage headliner (Down, Machine Head, Hatebreed, Mastodon, AILD, BLS, Bodom, Testament, etc). I would rather see that compared to to 'B' level bands headlining again (Disturbed, Godsmack).

Magson13
09-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Mayhem Fest has Bullet For My Valentine, 5FDP, Cannible Corpse, & Underoath as the only Main/Smaller stage headlining bands who have not played on Ozzfest or repeated on Mayhem Festival in a high priority slot in the US. Thats it out of 4 years of the tour.

They definitely need different bands. And they don't need to rehash bands this soon. If you have to use 1 or 2 bands that have played before at least make them wait for 5 years. I love Hatebreed but the prospects of them playing next year is lame. As Mankvill says SAME FUCKING BANDS.

The one thing Mayhem Fest has failed to do is take chances on new bands playing different genres of metal and give them a chance. Even the smaller stage bands have been around the block a few times. This is one area which Ozzfest was excellent at & made that tour last a long time even though we had Hatebreed, BLS & Otep on every other year.

Alice in Chains
SoaD
Deftones
Tool
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Soundgarden
RATM
Rammstein

Get any 2 of those bands to headline & change things up. It may be different & lots of people will say "______________ won't play Mayhem Fest Lol" and that is the type of bands they need to secure for the festival to keep things fresh and somewhat exciting.

FFDP repeated on gayhem. SOAD, Tool, Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Rage, and Rammstein are all too expensive for gayhem. They do need to change it up, but realistically, they will not. They're just going to get whoever's cheap. Look at Warped, it's always the same bands too. And it's never any big names. Their biggest acts are always $20 club bands.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-05-2011, 03:32 PM
I may be wrong, but I think 2 of the 4 coheadliners will be Deftones, AiC, Slipknot, and SoaD. Obviously it won't be Slipknot AND SoaD both. It could very well be AiC AND Deftones both. Put Mastodon on the bill and we have BLACKDIAMONMAYHEMSKYE. I wouldn't mind a repeat of that our at all.

Magson13
09-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Exactly. Ever since Slipknot headlined they have had bands that are 'B' level when it comes to drawing a crowd. Bands that headline large clubs, small arenas, not amphitheaters. Instead of having 2 'B' level bands headline the fest they need 1 real headlining band that could sell out 3/4's of the tour on its own and get decent supporting bands to round out the main stage and second stage headliners.

Slipknot headlined arenas with Coheed supporting after gayhem. They're B level also.

One real headliner would just do a tour of their own and make more money. That's why don't ever have one.

Magson13
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I may be wrong, but I think 2 of the 4 coheadliners will be Deftones, AiC, Slipknot, and SoaD. Obviously it won't be Slipknot AND SoaD both. It could very well be AiC AND Deftones both. Put Mastodon on the bill and we have BLACKDIAMONMAYHEMSKYE. I wouldn't mind a repeat of that our at all.

I lol'd at the Black Diamond Skye part. Gayhem does indeed repeat past tours a lot, so I think that's what'll actually happen. Megadeth, Machine Head, Suicide Silence did a tour together. Manson and SLAYER toured together. FFDP and Shadows Fall toured together. ect ect

SOAD was passed on by gayhem already due to money. Why would that change next year?

xStructualDefect
09-05-2011, 03:58 PM
SOAD was passed on by gayhem already due to money. Why would that change next year?

This year was their reunion tour so there was a lot of hype to see them and they knew they'd make more money on a reunion tour of their own opposed to Mayhem. Now that they've done that the hype to see them is probably less but still big. Leaving them a good option to headline Mayhem. Just a guess but probably true if you think about it.

Xenocide
09-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I like Wolverine's guess of Slipknot/Alice in Chains. I haven't seen either band and I love them both.

dcmetal108
09-05-2011, 04:01 PM
And Soundgarden would sell out the midwest (referring to the post that said they wouldn't) (plus on the tour that their on Mastondon opened for them a few times), its just I think Mayhem wouldn't get them.

And I seem to be the only person right now that doesn't hate Mayhem Fest. I mean some lineups aren't amazing but overall the year I went (2009) was alot of fun.

And to the comment that referred to Warped Tour saying that Warped always gets the same bands and the biggest names are all $20.00 dollor club bands. Look at some of the bands that have done Warped Tour over the years and how huge they are.

Magson13
09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
This year was their reunion tour so there was a lot of hype to see them and they knew they'd make more money on a reunion tour of their own opposed to Mayhem. Now that they've done that the hype to see them is probably less but still big. Leaving them a good option to headline Mayhem. Just a guess but probably true if you think about it.

Back before they broke up, they were selling out the same venues gayhem goes to by themselves. For a higher ticket price than gayhem has. What would make them cheap enough to do gayhem?

Magson13
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
And to the comment that referred to Warped Tour saying that Warped always gets the same bands and the biggest names are all $20.00 dollor club bands. Look at some of the bands that have done Warped Tour over the years and how huge they are.

Right. 3OH3 and A Day To Remember sell out arenas right? :tp:

xStructualDefect
09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Still a possibility though. They've done Ozzfest a few years back so maybe they can do Mayhem. And are you like 12 years old? Seems that way since how u much u call it gayhem. :lol:

makethemsuffer12
09-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Still a possibility though. They've done Ozzfest a few years back so maybe they can do Mayhem. And are you like 12 years old? Seems that way since how u much u call it gayhem. :lol:

He's the resident troll here, so just ignore him.

Magson13
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Still a possibility though. They've done Ozzfest a few years back so maybe they can do Mayhem.

Have you seen the old ticket prices for Ozzfest? They were almost twice what gayhem is now, and pretty much always sold out.

dcmetal108
09-05-2011, 05:32 PM
You picked A Day To Remember and 3OH!3 as your two examples for Warped Tour. For one thing A Day To Remember have been selling out shows like crazy. I may not be a huge fan but they were in Chicago in April or so and sold out a 5,000 person venue. That's not bad and 3OH!3 plays clubs and sells out. How about other bands that play/ have played warped that are big.

Ex: Whitechapel, The Devil Wears Prada (both sell out House Of Blues), Winds Of Plague, Dropkick Murphys, Paramore, Ice-T, Cypress Hill, Eminem, Killswitch Engage, Blink 182, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas, The Acacia Strain (touring with Terror soon!), Alkaline Trio, All That Remains, Atreyu, August Burns Red, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, CKY, Darkest Hour, Dillenger Escape Plan, Gym Class Heroes, Hatebreed, The Human Abstract, Joan Jett, My Chemical Romance, Norma Jean, Papa Roach, Parkway Drive, Rise Against, Sevendust, Six Feet Under, Stick To Your Guns, Sublime, and thats just the tip of it.

And your saying all those bands only play $20 clubs. Hell alot of of those bands have done Mayhem, a good amount of them play big amplitheaters or can sell out a show. Most of them play House Of Blue venues and get a huge crowd. But you think Warped has crap.

And because I know someone would talk about all the no name crap Warped has its true but if you actually look there are some good bands that play. Can't say how many no names I've seen there that I ended up buying a cd from.

End Rant (this is the only time I'll ever go this far to prove my point)

Magson13
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Paramore, Ice-T, Cypress Hill, Eminem, Blink, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas, MCR, Rise Against, and Sublime are big names. But none have done the entire tour anytime recently, when they're as big as they are now. SOAD and Slipknot opened the sidestage at Ozzfest back in the day. By your logic, guess that'd mean Iron Maiden should be good as an opener next year, amirite?

ADTR played a club here for $20 last year. Therefore, $20 club band. Pretty basic logic.

dcmetal108
09-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Paramore did Warped Tour this year! Thats recent!

I'm done. I've fed the troll enough.

kommie
09-06-2011, 04:02 PM

don't you know? you're not supposed to feed, or acknowledge the troll. Ignore it, and especially, do not feed it.

Magson13
09-06-2011, 06:47 PM

They didn't do the full tour, only a few of the dates. And what's the matter, can't out-debate me, so you're just gonna run off crying and calling me a troll?

makethemsuffer12
09-06-2011, 07:08 PM
They didn't do the full tour, only a few of the dates. And what's the matter, can't out-debate me, so you're just gonna run off crying and calling me a troll?

You know, you're kind of a dick. But I've expressed that opinion enough times already.

xStructualDefect
09-06-2011, 07:17 PM
No point in arguing with someone who calls the fest Gayhem. It's like talking to a 12 year old.

AnthG
09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I doubt DevilDriver would EVER do Mayhem, considering, somehow, Mayhem has more or less replaced Ozzfest and Dez owes a lot of his fame to them putting him on Ozzfest a lot.

I don't understand why them being on Ozzfest so many times means they can't do another tour, especially since Ozzfest likely won't be happening. I can understand if both were going on and they got offers from both tours, but that probably won't be happening. And I don't think Devildriver potentially doing Mayhem, even if it is a rival tour, shows any disrespect or non-loyalty towards Ozzy and Co. Hatebreed probably owes a lot of their success to Ozzfest considering they were on the tour almost every other year. Same with Slipknot and Manson who each did the tour 3 times. And DevilDriver also played Sounds of the Underground (a much smaller scale competition wise, but still while Ozzfest was going on) in 2005, so I doubt if they don't play Mayhem, it'd be a case of them not wanting to do a summer package tour that's not Ozzfest.

And seeing rappers brought up on the Warped topic, I now want to see Tech N9ne play one of the side stages on Mayhem 2012. I don't care what anyone says, he's a hell of a lot better than a good portion of the deathcore bands that have played the tour so far.

mankvill
09-06-2011, 09:12 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8463/tn1284157967346.jpg

MetalIsArt
09-07-2011, 02:31 AM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8463/tn1284157967346.jpg

Look how far we've come :finger2: :eek:

dcmetal108
09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
You know, you're kind of a dick. But I've expressed that opinion enough times already.

I second this. But hopefully when Mayhem says when they'll release info it won't get pushed back like last year lol.

Magson13
09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Awwwwwwwwww, y'all don't like my opinions? :bawling:

Pushed back...? It was announced six months before the tour started last year. Quite an excessively early announcement.

treghet
09-07-2011, 02:27 PM
People think you're a dick because you've insulted members in the past and many of your posts are regarding how much X band/tour sucks.

mastodon421
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
People think you're a dick because you've insulted members in the past and many of your posts are regarding how much X band/tour sucks.

This x1000.

kommie
09-07-2011, 04:03 PM
if we ignore IT, and don't respond to ITS comments, IT might just give up. just ignore IT.

larvtard
09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
if we ignore IT, and don't respond to ITS comments, IT might just give up. just ignore IT.

:lol: do you have a history with this guy or something? you're ALWAYS complaining about him.

kommie
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
:lol: do you have a history with this guy or something? you're ALWAYS complaining about him.

dude, it's a troll. they're all the same. people need to realize it and just ignore them.

dcmetal108
09-07-2011, 05:23 PM
He is a troll. And last year the announcement did get pushed back. They had the on site that the info would be released on "x" day and on that day something happened and they pushed the announcement back a few days.

Magson13
09-07-2011, 07:04 PM

He likes to stalk me. And complain about my posts. And whenever I try to have a serious conversation with someone, he jumps in and ruins it with his trolling comments. Cuz he just wants me to troll all day, he prefers it like that.

Magson13
09-07-2011, 07:05 PM
He is a troll. And last year the announcement did get pushed back. They had the on site that the info would be released on "x" day and on that day something happened and they pushed the announcement back a few days.

A few days. Out of six months of time until the tour started. That difference of a few days must've been AWFUL.

mankvill
09-07-2011, 07:05 PM
attn: this thread (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i3fhhkicVI)

xskizzelzx90x
09-07-2011, 09:44 PM
attn: this thread (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i3fhhkicVI)

so much win.

kommie
09-08-2011, 06:30 AM
He likes to stalk me. And complain about my posts. And whenever I try to have a serious conversation with someone, he jumps in and ruins it with his trolling comments. Cuz he just wants me to troll all day, he prefers it like that.

as much as I hate to feed you, can easily try to have a serious conversation while at the same time troll.

Magson13
09-08-2011, 02:07 PM
That would be called "debating." You see, people have these things called "opinions," that, when different, people discuss their own points of view.

makethemsuffer12
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
That would be called "debating." You see, people have these things called "opinions," that, when different, people discuss their own points of view.

It's not the fact that you have opinions, it's the fact that you display them in a rude/condescending manner, hence the trolling comments. Just lighten up your approach a bit and no one will give you shit.

Magson13
09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
It's not the fact that you have opinions, it's the fact that you display them in a rude/condescending manner, hence the trolling comments. Just lighten up your approach a bit and no one will give you shit.

How can I say things in a non-condescending way, when I'm above all of you?

MPF
09-08-2011, 04:53 PM

Wow, a sarcastic, smart ass Metal fan. You must be a hit with the ladies.

Dextrimental
09-08-2011, 04:58 PM

Okay, why exactly are you above all of us?

I'm genuinely curious as to the answer of this.

makethemsuffer12
09-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Wow, a sarcastic, smart ass Metal fan. You must be a hit with the ladies.

Then again, how many of us here are? :lol:

MPF
09-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Then again, how many of us here are? :lol:

I absolutely AM a hit with the ladies. :bliss:

I know we are ALL smartass sarcastic metal fans, but we are not virgin trolls either.

jd091
09-08-2011, 05:45 PM
>stops in to see what godforsaken condition this thread is in
>sees bitchin' about bitches

:tp:

>gets the fuck out

mankvill
09-08-2011, 06:10 PM
>implying any slack-jawed mouthbreathing piece of shit who originally came from the Mayhem Fest boards thinks they are better than anyone

Xenocide
09-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Jesus Christ you people are retarded.

jd091
09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Jesus Christ you people are retarded.

You're noticing just now? Damn.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/Invderlava/Gifs/applause.gif

DementedX14
09-14-2011, 01:52 PM
shameless bump. :naughty:

GarageMetal468
09-14-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/images/smilies/nono.gif

JulianH
09-19-2011, 06:19 AM
all I'm saying is Oklahoma better not get screwed again no In Flames or replacement, No Machine Head, and I'm not a big fan but it would have been cool to see Megadeth so ya Oklahoma got a real shit show

dcmetal108
09-19-2011, 11:38 AM
The main reason I didn't go is because Trivium wasn't playing in Chicago. So I felt no need to go.

JulianH
09-19-2011, 12:59 PM
no told us No Machine Head or Megadeth on top of No In Flames the promoters were like o ya we forgot to tell you all were missing 3 bands -.- wtf?!

dcmetal108
09-20-2011, 12:27 PM
no told us No Machine Head or Megadeth on top of No In Flames the promoters were like o ya we forgot to tell you all were missing 3 bands -.- wtf?!

Correct grammer is a killer! :D

JulianH
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM

XD GOD DAMNIT I do that shit all the time lol!

treghet
09-20-2011, 05:10 PM

grammar* ;)

jd091
09-20-2011, 06:14 PM
grammar* ;)

This! :lol: God, Logan would be flipping his shit right now.

dcmetal108
09-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Crap, why did I know posting that I would mess up.

Can't make fun of someone else when I make a mistake lol!

larvtard
09-20-2011, 07:20 PM
This! :lol: God, Logan would be flipping his shit right now.

I ignored it...

But now that you mention it, that was kinda ironic. I didn't really give it much thought ;)

Xenocide
10-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Somebody posted on the Mayhem Fest facebook wall claiming that he had a friend in the Rockstar Camp or some shit, and that he heard the current (incomplete) lineup from them.

Here's what he said it was:
Main Stage:
Slipknot
Rammstein
Mudvayne
As I Lay Dying
Side Stages:
Hatebreed
Devildriver
Parkway Drive
Mushroomhead

I'm pretty skeptical obviously because it's an unprovable rumor, and a Slipknot/Rammstein coheadlining bill seems way too big for Mayhem. But then again he said he didn't expect people to believe him, so who knows...

BlindGuardian93
10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Id believe it more of Rammstein wasn't on it. Other than that id jizz everywhere of that was/is the lineup even minus Rammstein

Nater
10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I'd watch the side stage and leave.

mastodon421
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
If Slipknot/Rammstien are co-headliners that's awesome. I'm cool with most of that lineup, but why the fuck would Mudvanye/Mushroomhead be on this?

llama lom
10-05-2011, 04:22 PM
If this were the case I'd show up late. REALLY late.

slapguitarer
10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I certainly hope that isn't it. That'd be shit.

MPF
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
1.) If Mayhem couldn't afford Rammstein this year, how could they afford them next year?

2.) I can't see Mudvayne coming back. They are much too happy being Cowboy Posers with Vinnie Paul in Hellyeah. They said themselves they prefer Hellyeah.

3.) This isn't coming to Minnesota, so I could give a fuck less if I had to. But since this tour decides what bands will be touring in Minnesota this coming summer. I'll care enough to comment.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
HellYeah & LoG both have new albums coming out for Sony, they would have a spot reserved for them well before Mudvayne.

xStructualDefect
10-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Some of that lineup looks believable. I could definitely see As I Lay Dying, DevilDriver, Hatebreed, and Slipknot on it. And I really hope Hellyeah doesn't get on this.

TiradesOfTruth
10-05-2011, 05:21 PM
HellYeah & LoG both have new albums coming out for Sony, they would have a spot reserved for them well before Mudvayne.

Yes to LOG. Hell No on HellYeah.

Dextrimental
10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Total bummer about Mudvayne, such an awesome band gone to waste thanks to HellYeah's rise in popularity.. That line up wouldn't surprise me except for Slipknot and Ramsteinn, those bands could headline on their own, not only that, but they could headline on their own in venues the size of the ones Mayhem play in and do well in them..!

TonyD
10-05-2011, 05:53 PM
This thread is full of nothing but speculation and shitty bands

electrocute1031
10-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I could see Mushroomhead doing this, since they filled in for Bullet for my Valentine back in 2009 for a couple of shows on the tour.

TheDeadPanda
10-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Somebody posted on the Mayhem Fest facebook wall claiming that he had a friend in the Rockstar Camp or some shit, and that he heard the current (incomplete) lineup from them.

Here's what he said it was:
Main Stage:
Slipknot
Rammstein
Mudvayne
As I Lay Dying
Side Stages:
Hatebreed
Devildriver
Parkway Drive
Mushroomhead

I'm pretty skeptical obviously because it's an unprovable rumor, and a Slipknot/Rammstein coheadlining bill seems way too big for Mayhem. But then again he said he didn't expect people to believe him, so who knows...

Umm i cant find where he posted this...i just looked all the way down until like september 25.. and no one posted anything about it. Maybe mayhem deleted it ;)

Steev
10-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Rammstein isn't gonna do it, considering they can do a full production if they "tour" like this past year and only do a handful of shows

Like everyone already said, Hellyeah is more popular now so Mudvayne isn't happening

Finally I don't see Mushroomhead getting on Mayhem(again, kinda) anytime soon, judging by the tours they book the demand doesn't really seem to merrit the kind of slot they would probably want

Though honestly I do see Slipknot, Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, and Devildriver as likely bands

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-06-2011, 02:47 AM

Don't forget the haters!!! :D

IrritatedTrout
10-06-2011, 03:28 AM

It'll stay that way for another 5 or 6 months. Then the lineup will be announced and the speculation will stop but we'll still have a huge thread full of shitty bands.:hecho:

ravenheart
10-06-2011, 03:37 AM
It'll stay that way for another 5 or 6 months. Then the lineup will be announced and the speculation will stop but we'll still have a huge thread full of shitty bands.:hecho:

So... why do we all care?

IrritatedTrout
10-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Mayhem Festival could be cool if they would always have a great headliner each year. They cover a lot of the country and they always come 20 minutes away from my house so I'd love it if they could put together a decent lineup. Ozzfest always had their fair share of shit but they always guaranteed us a good headliner, either Ozzy or Black Sabbath. Mayhem has yet to have a good headliner, even when they had Slayer they had to ruin it by taking stage time away from them and giving it to that worthless fuck Manson.

It's a shame.

kommie
10-06-2011, 05:13 AM
This tour is aimed towards Hot Topic High School kids.... of course it's gonna suck to us, for the most part.

Steev
10-06-2011, 05:20 AM
I don't know how many times I've said this, but when it comes to the headliners its about money and filling arenas

Other more diverse bands can get on because a big name(you may not like) is on it

That's just how this tour will always work, suck it up

Xenocide
10-06-2011, 06:37 AM

Cool story, bro.

ravenheart
10-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Cool story, bro.

It's a shame no one knows how to use this properly anymore.

dcmetal108
10-06-2011, 12:35 PM
I really do hope Hatebreed is on it again so I can finally see them.

Steev
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
I really do hope Hatebreed is on it again so I can finally see them.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=five+finger+death+punch

stylesclash516
10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Once again we get the yearly "Rammstein will be on Mayhem" rumors. They tried to get them in 2009 and they said no, they nearly doubled their offer in 2010 and they still said no. The thing is, they've never played for only an hour or below since 2001 and they hate having to set everything up then take it all back down after only an hour of playing. Plus, this is a band that sold out MSG in minutes, they're probably just better off on their own.

dcmetal108
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=five+finger+death+punch

There is no IL date!

And yea the whole Rammestein rumor is stupid anyone. Like you said the whole set up and take down alone wouldn't be worth the hour or so set time.

TonyD
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Cool story, bro.

Thanks, dude!

Steev
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Once again we get the yearly "Rammstein will be on Mayhem" rumors. They tried to get them in 2009 and they said no, they nearly doubled their offer in 2010 and they still said no. The thing is, they've never played for only an hour or below since 2001 and they hate having to set everything up then take it all back down after only an hour of playing. Plus, this is a band that sold out MSG in minutes, they're probably just better off on their own.

Exactly, people are too fucking stupid to understand this

same goes for System Of A Down

Steev
10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
There is no IL date!

And yea the whole Rammestein rumor is stupid anyone. Like you said the whole set up and take down alone wouldn't be worth the hour or so set time.

Really? My mistake

And once again, the Rammstein rumor needs to end

AnthG
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I think what's even more unrealistic than Rammstein doing this tour is Mushroomhead and Slipknot doing a tour together.

xStructualDefect
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I think what's even more unrealistic than Rammstein doing this tour is Mushroomhead and Slipknot doing a tour together.

I didn't think about that lol

velvetgrass
10-06-2011, 08:02 PM

I thought I read the Slipknot/Mushroomhead feud came to an end shortly after Paul Gray's death when someone from Mushroomhead put out a public statement something along the lines of "this feud has to end" and giving condolences to those who knew Paul Gray?

Do you think because they both wear masks, that they would automatically not tour together? If that's your reasoning, it's illogical. Just because two bands don masks, doesn't mean their music is similar. Look at Slipknot and Hollywood Undead, both don masks but their music styles are not remotely similar. Now I'm an honest metalhead so I'll say I don't know shit about Mushroomhead's music, but I'm assuming their music isn't exactly the same as Slipknot. If their feud is truly over, than what is so unrealistic about them sharing a bill on a tour?

But ending on an unrelated note, the only Slipknot album I've actually listened to is Iowa and the actually only Stone Sour album I've listened to is Audio Secrecy. But just from that I listen to songs Audio Secrecy WAY more than songs from Iowa. The Heretic Anthem and Skin Ticket kick ass from Iowa, but I don't commonly listen to much else from that album. Where on Audio Secrecy I listen to Digital (Did You Tell), Mission Statement, Hesitate, Say You'll Haunt Me and Dying commonly.

Steev
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM

Probably the closest they'd ever get was last years Rock On The Range where Mushroomhead played and Joey Jordison was there playing with Zombie

DementedX14
10-07-2011, 10:09 AM
On the Official Mayhem Festival Facebook:

"2012 Dates Coming…We're working hard on planning out the best festival ever! Look for the 2012 Mayhem dates by the end. Meanwhile, time to chime in on the Mayhem message boards on what bands you want to see next summer."

dcmetal108
10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Why do I feel like right before they go to announce them they will get pushed back.

MPF
10-07-2011, 11:51 AM
it's 2011 still and this tour isn't happening till SUMMER 2012...

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!

BloodoftheKings
10-07-2011, 12:03 PM

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!

I think the Mayhem promoters spread some kind of chemicals through the air that brainwash people into obsessing over an announcement for a shitty fest that obviously is going to have a terrible lineup way before the announcement is going to be made.

MPF
10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I think the Mayhem promoters spread some kind of chemicals through the air that brainwash people into obsessing over an announcement for a shitty fest that obviously is going to have a terrible lineup way before the announcement is going to be made.

Makes sense to me.

dcmetal108
10-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Knowing me unless the lineup is amazing I won't go.

I think its just that people want the lineups and dates early so they can plan to go. Thats my only guess.

GarageMetal468
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Knowing me unless the lineup is amazing I won't go.

I think its just that people want the lineups and dates early so they can plan to go. Thats my only guess.

Yeah but this is a nation wide tour. It's not like Maryland Deathfest or any European festival where it's at one specific place at a specific time during the year.

Magson13
10-07-2011, 02:40 PM

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!

You're the one using caps lock brah.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenocide
10-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I love the people who go into a thread just to bitch about the thread's existence.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-07-2011, 03:24 PM

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!

True... but the dates are coming on (or about) Halloween. Pre Sale will be around Thanksgiving from what I am hearing. Supposedly the headlining band will have a fan club pre sale too. I hear they may announce the headliner when they announce the tour dates, but that is being finalized.

Steev
10-07-2011, 03:43 PM
True... but the dates are coming on (or about) Halloween. Pre Sale will be around Thanksgiving from what I am hearing. Supposedly the headlining band will have a fan club pre sale too. I hear they may announce the headliner when they announce the tour dates, but that is being finalized.

http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/bands/s/slipknot/a_z/281x211.jpg
http://www.sweetslyrics.com/images/img_gal/8707_limp_bizkit.jpg

slapguitarer
10-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Don't even kid about that shit :barf:

MPF
10-07-2011, 05:20 PM

http://tnation.tmuscle.com/forum_images/4/a/4a4da-Ari_Gold_Get_the_Fuck_Out.gif

Steev
10-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Don't even kid about that shit :barf:

Id laugh so hard

Magson13
10-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I would get a pit ticket if Limp Bizkit plays.

mastodon421
10-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Limp Bizkit live would be hilarious, the rest of the lineup would have to be amazing though to balance their presence.

BlindGuardian93
10-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Says on the website January?

Dextrimental
10-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Couple of my friends have said Limp Bizkit are incredible live, and none of them were fans at all before seeing them. At Sonisphere UK, they didn't have a setlist and just let the crowd shout out song titles until one would become a proper chant and they'd play that one, and they didn't turn any of them down, which means they were prepared to play virtually any song in their back catalog, which is something most bands can't boast.

MPF
10-07-2011, 07:39 PM
I have seen Limp Bizkit live, back when most of you kids were 11 or younger when St. Anger came out.

*Obvious joke is obvious*

WHile they are not as terribale as you would imagine, they should have stayed gone.

makethemsuffer12
10-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Couple of my friends have said Limp Bizkit are incredible live, and none of them were fans at all before seeing them. At Sonisphere UK, they didn't have a setlist and just let the crowd shout out song titles until one would become a proper chant and they'd play that one, and they didn't turn any of them down, which means they were prepared to play virtually any song in their back catalog, which is something most bands can't boast.

Not much of a feat considering the band...

What Hell is About
10-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Now I'm an honest metalhead so I'll say I don't know shit about Mushroomhead's music, but I'm assuming their music isn't exactly the same as Slipknot. If their feud is truly over, than what is so unrealistic about them sharing a bill on a tour?

I spent hours backstage at a festival show last year and MRH was there. Slipknot got brought up and the guys said the feud is hyped by fans and not from the bands on either side. If a tour happens, it happens. The claim is that Roadrunner approached MRH first and they declined at the time so Roadrunner went and "put together" Slipknot.

Wasn't the Mayhem tour announced in December of last year? I doubt we'll see anything before then.

xStructualDefect
10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Limp Bizkit. I've heard many stories of them being very fun live even from people who hate them. I used to listen to them like 8-10 years ago so there'd be a nostalgia factor for me. That being said I wouldn't want to see them on Mayhem Fest.

Steev
10-07-2011, 08:23 PM
I spent hours backstage at a festival show last year and MRH was there. Slipknot got brought up and the guys said the feud is hyped by fans and not from the bands on either side. If a tour happens, it happens. The claim is that Roadrunner approached MRH first and they declined at the time so Roadrunner went and "put together" Slipknot.

Wasn't the Mayhem tour announced in December of last year? I doubt we'll see anything before then.

Late last year(literally like NYE) a few bands were leaked(like 3 at most)

But in the past by mid Nov most people have known atleast half of the lineup

larvtard
10-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I fucking love Limp Bizkit, I'd kill to see them. Well...I'd like to see them.

Magson13
10-07-2011, 10:45 PM

Not too hard when you need the majority of people in the crowd to chant together, and the majority of the people only know the hits.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Says on the website January?

It sure does. Guess we'll see if my info or their website is more legit compared to each other

makethemsuffer12
10-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I fucking love Limp Bizkit, I'd kill to see them. Well...I'd like to see them.

wat

treghet
10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
wat

Keep in mind he is the one who started the nu-metal thread.