PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

BloodoftheKings
01-05-2012, 12:46 PM
If that's the lineup I might go and see Skeletonwitch, Soilwork, Motorhead, Anthrax, and Slayer. Slayer being under Korn would be a fucking disgusting but at least I'd be able to get home early.

brutal_descent
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
So some guy said his dad is security for one of the places mayhem will be and he said the line up is Slipknot KoRn Slayer (rotating bands) Five Finger Death Punch, Anthrax, Motörhead, Jäger Stage: As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Skeletonwitch, Extream Stage: Soilwork, Whitechapel, Bury Your Dead, and After The Burial, he said there was another small band he couldnt remember and imma say it's IWABO

Slayer, Slipknot, Anthrax, Motorhead, As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Skeletonwitch, Soilwork, After the Burial and Bury Your Dead are all fine with me, but Whitechapel, Korn, Five Finger Death Punch = :barf:

GarageMetal468
01-05-2012, 01:20 PM
If that's the lineup then... I dunno, I think I like it. I haven't seen Motorhead or Anthrax, and seeing Slayer, As I Lay Dying and Skeletonwitch again would be cool.

mankvill
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
"hey man my dad works for nintendo and he told me how to get mew in pokemon red but i cant show you because then hed get fired"

>implying security knows who is playing before anyone else

TheDeadPanda
01-05-2012, 01:56 PM
"hey man my dad works for nintendo and he told me how to get mew in pokemon red but i cant show you because then hed get fired"

It's possible.. At the Verizon theater I work at my boss tells
Me all the time, I knew the two tool shows were coming. I'm sure he could've just asked the venue manager and he'd obviously know.

BloodoftheKings
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM

:lol: It was always the uncle though. Not the dad.

Dextrimental
01-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Mayhem seem to be building it towards one big announcement, so the idea the venue and all its staff already know the full line up isn't shocking. That line up is probably my favorite of all the years so far. That being said, not like I have to worry, being from Europe and all :D

mastodon421
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
That lineup is completely fine by me if it's true. Bury Your Dead is such a random choice for a rotating band :lol:

slapguitarer
01-05-2012, 03:16 PM
2 good bands. No thanks.

BloodoftheKings
01-05-2012, 03:18 PM
2 good bands. No thanks.

>Slayer
>Skeletonwitch
>Motorhead
>Anthrax

Your calling at least 2 of these bands not good.

slapguitarer
01-05-2012, 03:20 PM
>Slayer
>Skeletonwitch
>Motorhead
>Anthrax

Your calling at least 2 of these bands not good.

Slayer and Motorhead are not good.

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/032011/come-11.jpg

Orion89
01-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I highly doubt that's the lineup. Too many big names. slayer third on the bill? Ffdp playing a sidestage? They just got off a headling tour playing pretty big venues. Not just clubs, but arenas. And really, motorhead on a sidestage too? All that remains bitched when they couldn't play mainstage on uproar, what makes you think they'll play a lower slot this year than they did back in 09. I defitnatley wouldn't go by this.

BloodoftheKings
01-05-2012, 03:28 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FNv8o.gif

Steev
01-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Id laugh if Soilwork and Bury Your Dead played, since I'm pretty sure I made that rumor up(one of the fake lineups I made has been being passed around FB)

GWAR654
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM

i second this..

Sepultura69
01-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I wish Slayer would just go on their own headlining tour and snag a few dope opening bands and ditch this fest. Slayer have not played their own official headlining gig since Unholy Alliance back in 06' over here in California :(

RampinUp46
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I wish Slayer would just go on their own headlining tour and snag a few dope opening bands and ditch this fest. Slayer have not played their own official headlining gig since Unholy Alliance back in 06' over here in California :(

2010 had the American Carnage tour with Megadeth, Anthrax, and Testament... and I saw them just a couple of months ago closing out Fun Fun Fun Fest.

street_burial
01-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I like the artwork for this year

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388771_10150456605162551_54746932550_8921474_20597 5300_n.jpg

Dextrimental
01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
If people didn't know better, that'd look like a Mayhem Festival Eddie logo..

BlindGuardian93
01-06-2012, 06:26 PM
I like the artwork for this year

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388771_10150456605162551_54746932550_8921474_20597 5300_n.jpg

Whered you find that pic? i was on the site and didnt see it

TiradesOfTruth
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Mayhem posted it on their facebook.

mankvill
01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Mayhem posted it on their facebook.

Mayhem didn't. Mayhem Fest did.

TiradesOfTruth
01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
That made me look like a dumbass.

Crionics
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Mayhem didn't. Mayhem Fest did.

http://files.sharenator.com/what_you_did_there_i_see_it_thumbnail_My_first_pic _dump-s500x447-250628-580.jpg

amidoingitright?

hiddenzombie013
01-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Slipknot, Motorhead, and As I Lay Dying and incredibly awesome. Slayer is always a good time, Korn was pretty awesome when I saw them, Anthrax is alright (although I was going to see them next month), and I heard FFDP is good live, so I don't mind that. But for reasons stated earlier, I'd be shocked if it was. I really can't see Slayer being third. If it means ATR, Whitechapel, and Skeletonwitch also being there though, I'm sure not complaining. If it's true though, very solid lineup IMO.

hellawaits77ny
01-06-2012, 09:27 PM

Actually they did play a short headlining tour in early '07. Not sure if it made it to Cali or not.

But I 100% agree w/ you. We deserve a headlining Slayer tour.

Sepultura69
01-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Actually they did play a short headlining tour in early '07. Not sure if it made it to Cali or not.

Nah it didn't. But they did play about ten minutes away from me in 2007 with Mansion :(

It was awesome hearing those "Christ Illusion" tunes since they never play em' anymore. :rocker:

But I 100% agree w/ you. We deserve a headlining Slayer tour.

Yeah but if they end up doing this Mayhem fest shindig then I will go 100% because I love me some slayer. No matter how long or short the set is going to be. :rocker: :party:

hellawaits77ny
01-06-2012, 11:19 PM
It was awesome hearing those "Christ Illusion" tunes since they never play em' anymore. :rocker:
:

Yeah, it's a bummer they took those off the setlist. Jihad in 2009 has been the most recent. I think

Sepultura69
01-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Yeah, it's a bummer they took those off the setlist. Jihad in 2009 has been the most recent. I think

Yeah, It would be nice if they pulled out stuff like "Eyes of the insane". They played it just as good live back in 06'-07' and I bet with the way tom has been busting out those epic vocals now that he has put Head banging aside forever(especially with his recent performances from 2010-2011), he could probably nail and play the song beautifully if they chose to do so which they won't but it's all good because what ever slayer will bust out will be awesome. :rocker:

Crionics
01-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Yeah, It would be nice if they pulled out stuff like "Eyes of the insane". They played it just as good live back in 06'-07' and I bet with the way tom has been busting out those epic vocals now that he has put Head banging aside forever(especially with his recent performances from 2010-2011), he could probably nail and play the song beautifully if they chose to do so which they won't but it's all good because what ever slayer will bust out will be awesome. :rocker:

Christ Illusion isn't my favorite Slayer album, but it would be cool to hear "Flesh Storm", "Supremist", and "Jihad" again.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-07-2012, 07:59 AM
The line up that has Slayer and Motorhead in it is too good to be true, too many big named bands. I was told Korn and 5FDP where on the main stage. I don't see Slayer or Motorhead on a small stage or 5FDP either.

Either 5FDP and/or Korn were changed to play on Uproar or the Slayer/Motorhead rumor is a bad rumor. Things can change, me or thePRP.com could be wrong, but I doubt if members of Korn and 5FDP were telling people they are on Mayhem that it would be changed. Stranger things have happened I guess...

Also, here is another possibility for a small stage band...

"The North American release of their critically acclaimed debut album City Of Vultures via Century Media Records now moves to June 5th, when Rise To Remain will be heading to North American shores for an extensive soon-to-be-announced tour. The North American album release will also feature exclusive new material recorded in the coming months."

Steev
01-07-2012, 08:19 AM
The line up that has Slayer and Motorhead in it is too good to be true, too many big named bands. I was told Korn and 5FDP where on the main stage. I don't see Slayer or Motorhead on a small stage or 5FDP either.

Either 5FDP and/or Korn were changed to play on Uproar or the Slayer/Motorhead rumor is a bad rumor. Things can change, me or thePRP.com could be wrong, but I doubt if members of Korn and 5FDP were telling people they are on Mayhem that it would be changed. Stranger things have happened I guess...

Also, here is another possibility for a small stage band...

"The North American release of their critically acclaimed debut album City Of Vultures via Century Media Records now moves to June 5th, when Rise To Remain will be heading to North American shores for an extensive soon-to-be-announced tour. The North American album release will also feature exclusive new material recorded in the coming months."

Maybe Slayer and Motorhead are doing a string of summer dates on there own? As for RTR I'm wondering because they've bailed on two different US tours nows.

Sepultura69
01-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Maybe Slayer and Motorhead are doing a string of summer dates on there own? As for RTR I'm wondering because they've bailed on two different US tours nows.

Hopefully this is all just a dirty little rumor and Slayer will ditch this fest to go on their own proper headlining tour with a couple of good opening bands. :D

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Lamb of God said they are doing a US tour in late summer. Would be nice to see:

Slayer
Motorhead (rotating)
Lamb of God (rotating)
Mastodon
random opener

Have LoG and Motorhead rotate spots every night. Motorhead deserves to coheadline due to their longetivity and being legendary but LoG outsells them via albums and concert tickets in the US.

llama lom
01-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Slayer
Motorhead (rotating)
Lamb of God (rotating)
Mastodon
random opener

Have LoG and Motorhead rotate spots every night. Motorhead deserves to coheadline due to their longetivity and being legendary but LoG outsells them via albums and concert tickets in the US.

Would go.

TiradesOfTruth
01-07-2012, 09:51 AM

Slayer
Motorhead (rotating)
Lamb of God (rotating)
Mastodon
random opener

That would be awesome! :drool:

mastodon421
01-07-2012, 09:59 AM

Slayer
Motorhead (rotating)
Lamb of God (rotating)
Mastodon
random opener

That would be nothing short of mind-blowing.

Xenocide
01-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure Chris Adler said they were headlining that late summer tour.

Xenocide
01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Rise To Remain just lost 2 members. They're not breaking up but they've cancelled most of their current touring plans. I doubt Mayhem has them booked as a side stage band.

elturtleboy
01-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Slayer (my favorite Thrash band)
Motörhead(my favorite NWOBHM band)
:rocker:

This will be worth the 20 shitty openers. I'm hoping for Skeletonwitch tho

mankvill
01-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Motörhead(my favorite NWOBHM band)

:eyes:

Steev
01-08-2012, 06:11 AM
so apparently Ive started a rumor unintentionally about a number of bands playing and now people are taking fake pages as fact

BlindGuardian93
01-08-2012, 06:46 AM
so apparently Ive started a rumor unintentionally about a number of bands playing and now people are taking fake pages as fact

lol like the ones you made with last years layout?

Xenocide
01-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Yeah, but I am surprised that no legitimate side stage rumors have really leaked other than headliners. Well except Skeletonwitch :rocker:

Steev
01-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Yeah, but I am surprised that no legitimate side stage rumors have really leaked other than headliners. Well except Skeletonwitch :rocker:

Actually I prefer that, I'm ok with knowing Main Stage and headliners, I like to be surprised with the side stage bands

And yeah 4 of those bands I had on their were random and no rumors whatsoever, I'm not even sure Deadlock has ever played in America

Xenocide
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Yeah I looked them up and was like no way they're getting on Mayhem lol.

But Bury Your Dead seems like a plausible candidate...

Steev
01-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah I looked them up and was like no way they're getting on Mayhem lol.

But Bury Your Dead seems like a plausible candidate...

Yeah they were wishful thinking

BYD seems likely since their label hasn't had anyone on Mayhem and if they were to that'd be the biggest name

Also surprised so far that Sumerian hasn't had a band play Mayhem yet

treghet
01-08-2012, 09:10 AM

Sumerian does their own summer tour. It's called Summer Slaughter.

AnataFan4Life
01-08-2012, 09:11 AM

Weren't After the Burial rumored?

Steev
01-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Sumerian does their own summer tour. It's called Summer Slaughter.

There's a handful of their bands that could easily do Mayhem

I feel like Asking Alexandria is gonna do Uproar though

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Weren't After the Burial rumored?

I've heard their name mentioned before Steev made his fake line ups. Century Media will have a band and since there has not been any female fronted bands rumored for this year I think we will get either The Agonist or Arch Enemy. I lean towards Arch Enemy because other than Summer Slaughter or Ozzfest, Mayhem Fest is the only traveling US festival they could not seem out of place on.

I think Skeletonwitch, After The Burial, and Arch Enemy should be added as rumored. Nuclear Blast (http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/en/music/releases/index.html) and Relapse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Relapse_Records_artists) will likely have bands on too. Figure out which bands on those labels have new album due out soon (or released in late 2011) and that will answer some questions as to who some likely candidates are for the smaller stages. Also looking at the main stage headliners mangement bands or bands managed by the band members or associated with those bands... Lacuna Coil, Droid...

I could really see it looking like this:
Main Stage:
Slipknot
Korn
5FDP
All That Remains

Revolver Stage:
Anthrax
*Lacuna Coil or Arch Enemy or iwrestledabearonce
Whitechapel
Skeletonwitch

Jager Stage:
As I Lay Dying
*Cradle Of Filth
*Baroness or Toxic Holocaust
*After The Burial
Jager Band

* = pure speculation at this point without any evidence that those bands will play Mayhem Fest 2012

Steev
01-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Id love to see Baroness on there, it's been years

and you're forgetting a Century Media band with a female singer ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwgMMtgSTVE

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Id love to see Baroness on there, it's been years

and you're forgetting a Century Media band with a female singer ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwgMMtgSTVE

Good catch!!!

NickLed19
01-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Toxic Holocaust would be sick.

Steev
01-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Good catch!!!

and honestly although Id LOVE to see Arch Enemy(been over 6 years) I feel like iwrestledabearonce is more likely

as far as a reasonable lineup I'm thinking

Main:
Slipknot
KoRn
Five Finger Death Punch

Rotating:
Anthrax
All That Remains
As I Lay Dying

Revolver Stage:
Whitechapel
Periphery
iwrestledabearonce

Jager Stage:
Bury Your Dead
Skeletonwitch
A Life Once Lost
-jager band-

Bergman101
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
oh man. I'd love to see ALOL on mayhem

Steev
01-08-2012, 11:54 AM
oh man. I'd love to see ALOL on mayhem

they haven't done a major tour in years+new album+new label

at the very least I could see them being the Philly area Jager band(assuming we don't get the same shitty band a FIFTH year in a row)

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Even though we pretty much knew this, Hatebreed tweeted that they are not playing Mayhem Fest. Specific, to the point & Jasta doesn't swerve people so we know for sure now.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Jeanne Sagan from AtR was asked about Mayhem Fest 2012 tonight and stated "I dunno. I haven't heard anything myself. I think they are announcing soon."

AnataFan4Life
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I assume that knocks them out too?

xStructualDefect
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I hope ATR isn't on this. I like them but they just played 2 years ago, same with Hatebreed. I could understand them repeating main stage acts because there's only so many bands you could book for main stage, but there's many bands that could all fit on the side stages insteading of having a bunch of repeats.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I assume that knocks them out too?

The only bands I know that were slated to play was Slipknot, Korn & 5FDP. Others have come from rumors, band members, bullshit from trolls, etc. I find it funny for someone to say "I dunno... aren't they announcing it soon" instead of what Hatebreed did earlier with an emphatic "NO." Sounds like she is playing dumb to me & that AtR is likely playing. Who knows for sure?

If AtR isn't playing I am going to assume that HellYeah, BLS or Mastodon would be in the running... maybe Dragonforce as Roadrunner usually has a band headline a small stage.

Steev
01-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Jeanne Sagan from AtR was asked about Mayhem Fest 2012 tonight and stated "I dunno. I haven't heard anything myself. I think they are announcing soon."

And she(along with Jason Costa) are who I heard Mayhem from, namely do to this convo:
"So are you guys looking at Uproar this year, I know you tried last summer"
"Actually were working on getting on Mayhem for next year"

The words might not be exact (it was back in November and everyone was drinking) but it was definite they were in talks for Mayhem

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-09-2012, 06:26 AM
The words might not be exact (it was back in November and everyone was drinking) but it was definite they were in talks for Mayhem

I think she swerving and playing dumb about Mayhem imo.

Steev
01-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I think she swerving and playing dumb about Mayhem imo.

Most likely, keep in mind the conversation I had with Ivan Moody was a "wink wink nudge nudge" talk(in that neither one said the word "Mayhem" but made it perfectly clear that was what was going down).

These folks can be coy and dance around it(they just can't definitely say "Yes we are on Mayhem")

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Most likely, keep in mind the conversation I had with Ivan Moody was a "wink wink nudge nudge" talk(in that neither one said the word "Mayhem" but made it perfectly clear that was what was going down).

These folks can be coy and dance around it(they just can't definitely say "Yes we are on Mayhem")

Like the interviews done with the AILD drummer and Whitechapel vocalist...

TiradesOfTruth
01-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Yep I have asked ATR's bassist twice and each time it seemed like she was playing dumb and didn't know what I was talking about.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Yep I have asked ATR's bassist twice and each time it seemed like she was playing dumb and didn't know what I was talking about.

Mayhem Fest? Whats that? Lol

I asked Angela from Arch Enemy and received no reply back. Hopefully that means they are playing!!!

TiradesOfTruth
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM

I asked Angela from Arch Enemy and received no reply back. Hopefully that means they are playing!!!

Arch Enemy would be sick!

Xenocide
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah Arch Enemy would be sick... much better than IWABO lol

TiradesOfTruth
01-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah Arch Enemy would be sick... much better than IWABO lol

To be honest I have never listened to IWABO.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM

Disregard, Angela just confirmed to me that AE is not playing Mayhem Fest 2012. Must be IWABO for Century Media.

Xenocide
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
:axe:

Steev
01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
kinda figured that

xStructualDefect
01-09-2012, 02:24 PM
What a waste for a Century Media band. I really hope IWABO isn't on this, they wouldn't even attract a crowd here either. Eh I guess that means break band.

Xenocide
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Wait, does the Century Media band definitely have a female vocalist, or is that just guesswork? Because there are plenty of other CM bands that could get on this...

And there's always The Agonist.

rugbyman
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Wait, does the Century Media band definitely have a female vocalist, or is that just guesswork? Because there are plenty of other CM bands that could get on this...

iwabo said they were on a big summer tour and that it wasn't warped or all stars.

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Well I'll be the one guy there sing screaming every word to every IWABO song.

Xenocide
01-09-2012, 02:48 PM
iwabo said they were on a big summer tour and that it wasn't warped or all stars.

it doesn't have to be a fest though

it could be a new tour with a bunch of scenie bands

Steev
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I hope it is IWABO, fun live and I'm pretty sure it'll piss off a lot of the crowd

Steev
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM

IWABO are bigger, they do club tours with As I Lay Dying and Dillinger Escape Plan while The Agonist plays sports bars with crappy local bands(atleast here)

dcmetal108
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I hope it is IWABO, fun live and I'm pretty sure it'll piss off a lot of the crowd

When I saw them they had just about the entire crowd (maybe 3,500) doing a pit and a wall of death.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Rumored:

Slipknot
Slayer/Korn (only one of them would be on it, both have industry rumors)
Five Finger Death Punch
Motorhead
As I Lay Dying
Anthrax
All That Remains
Whitechapel

Add Skeletonwitch and IWABO to that... worst case scenario is that they do not play.

rugbyman
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
it doesn't have to be a fest though

it could be a new tour with a bunch of scenie bands

you're right, it doesn't have to be a fest. but right now it just makes alot of sense.

Steev
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
When I saw them they had just about the entire crowd (maybe 3,500) doing a pit and a wall of death.

I mean they'll get a draw, but I'm sure a lot of the more mainstream crowd that goes will hatethem

Ok so just a thought
MAIN
Slipknot
KoRn
Five Finger Death Punch

ROTATING
Motorhead
All That Remains
Anthrax

REVOLVER
As I Lay Dying
iwrestledabearonce

JAGER
Whitechapel
Skeletonwitch

I think that'd work nicely

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
IWABO is without a doubt one of the worst bands I've ever heard.

And a side note: Some of you care WAY too much about the lineup. Get a life people.

kommie
01-09-2012, 03:38 PM
IWABO is without a doubt one of the worst bands I've ever heard.

And a side note: Some of you care WAY too much about the lineup. Get a life people.

*insert comment on you caring about how much other people care about it* This is an endless cycle in this thread, bitch, moan, this tour is gay, why do you care? it's just gonna be nothing but radio rock/bands that will sell tickets and not bands that are actually good, blah blah blah, etc.

Steev
01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
*insert comment on you caring about how much other people care about it* This is an endless cycle in this thread, bitch, moan, this tour is gay, why do you care? it's just gonna be nothing but radio rock/bands that will sell tickets and not bands that are actually good, blah blah blah, etc.

radio rock? ok two bands at best(maaaaaybe three) per year have had any kind of radio airplay

hellawaits77ny
01-09-2012, 05:16 PM

I really don't care, I was just saying.

I never said the tour is gay. It's just my opinion that some here seem to be obsessed w/ the lineup.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I mean they'll get a draw, but I'm sure a lot of the more mainstream crowd that goes will hatethem

Ok so just a thought
MAIN
Slipknot
KoRn
Five Finger Death Punch

ROTATING
Motorhead
All That Remains
Anthrax

REVOLVER
As I Lay Dying
iwrestledabearonce

JAGER
Whitechapel
Skeletonwitch

I think that'd work nicely

I love Motorhead but don't see them playing. Lemmy & Ozzy are practically best friends & with Sabbath back, pending on Iommi's health, his band will tour with Sabbath imo. AILD sells as many albums these days (not counting their EP) as Lamb of God & Slayer, no way they don't headline a small stage.

Steev
01-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I love Motorhead but don't see them playing. Lemmy & Ozzy are practically best friends & with Sabbath back, pending on Iommi's health, his band will tour with Sabbath imo. AILD sells as many albums these days (not counting their EP) as Lamb of God & Slayer, no way they don't headline a small stage.

I look at it this way, both All That Remains and Atreyu have done Mayhem after playing bigger venues and sold more records(and had radio songs) and neither of them headlined the stages they played on at Mayhem

xStructualDefect
01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah I don't see Motorhead being on this I don't know where that rumor came from. Anthrax is more believable but I don't know.

Steev
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah I don't see Motorhead being on this I don't know where that rumor came from. Anthrax is more believable but I don't know.

ThePRP started the Motorhead thing, and while it is hard to believe they're usually spot on with their information

and yeah Anthrax I'm almost positive is on

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I look at it this way, both All That Remains and Atreyu have done Mayhem after playing bigger venues and sold more records(and had radio songs) and neither of them headlined the stages they played on at Mayhem

AtR weren't as popular last time they played and Atryeu headlined the date I went to.

Prp was spot on last year due me and a roadie for Megadeth giving them info. In years past, perhaps like this years rumors from them, they have been way off.

Steev
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
AtR weren't as popular last time they played and Atryeu headlined the date I went to.

Prp was spot on last year due me and a roadie for Megadeth giving them info. In years past, perhaps like this years rumors from them, they have been way off.

at the date here In This Moment headlined for some reason

slapguitarer
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
at the date here In This Moment headlined for some reason

Atreyu didn't want to headline, so they took the second to last spot on their side stage, and allowed all the bands billed under them rotate as headliner.

Steev
01-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Atreyu didn't want to headline, so they took the second to last spot on their side stage, and allowed all the bands billed under them rotate as headliner.

Guess it really didn't matter, they all had equal set times

Xenocide
01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah Atreyu couldn't handle following up Hatebreed's show :D

Magson13
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Atreyu was the "headliner" of the sidestage, but everyone was leaving the sidestage area before their set, so they asked to be dropped down a slot, in order to have the opportunity to play a bunch of people (the reason for playing a festival in the first place).

IWABO opening for AILD is the same as headlining a small bar with local openers......

All That Remains and Trivium were billed as coheadliners of the sidestage that year.

Steev
01-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Rise To Remain is on Warped Tour, so they are definitely not on Mayhem

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Apparently Born Of Osirus just tweeted that they will have big news soon regarding their summer touring plans. I guess Warped or Mayhem. Not a big BoS fan, not sure if they have played Warped recently.

street_burial
01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
they just lost their guitarist so I'm guessing it will be Summer Slaughter, so that way the new guy has a lot of time to get use to the touring life

xStructualDefect
01-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Born of Osiris has been heavily rumored for Warped Tour for awhile. Wish they were on Mayhem opposed to Warped though, their crowd is gonna blow at Warped.

street_burial
01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
so the actually the guitarist was fired from the band. he said this on facebook

Just to clarify to everyone I did NOT quit Born of Osiris, I would have never been able to bring myself to do such a thing no matter how much tension was between us. All of those dudes were essentially my family, I lived in the same house as them for over 2 years. This was by no means at all my decision(not that I was involved in the decision in any way shape or form lol). I have been fired from the band because I, "don't agree with the way they want to live their lives" and "it felt like their dad was in the band." So instead of confronting me about my eeeendless bitching about their excessive drinking and assorted drug abuse they decided that calling me at 130 in the morning 4 days before christmas while I'm home visiting family to tell me that all of my belongings from the new BOO house were in my trailer on the way to me in VA was the professional way to handle it. So i can say with pride that I will NEVER play another note on stage with the group of cowards that is Born of Osiris. I don't give a fuck what they think of me for putting their personal stuff out there, I want everyone to see them for who they really are. Im just happy the truth finally came out and now I know what truly matters to them and it is NOT putting out albums like The Discovery. On another note I will continuing the rest of my musical endeavors with Chelsea Grin, as we are already really great friends and with the recent loss of their guitar player we were able to make the best out of two very shitty situations. I will be involved with the writing process of their next release which is supposed to be dropped before warped tour this summer. You guys heard how much a higher place sucked and what came after it, so get ready for some of the sickest CG you've ever heard!!! :D

electrocute1031
01-11-2012, 05:49 PM
this picture was just posted on Mayhem fest boards claiming it's the lineup.
http://ldbs.s3.amazonaws.com/users/926/926278/photos/4f8bc667a7454cfb4eb9926e288acf48_f.jpg

Xenocide
01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
youmustbenew.jpg

masterguy49
01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
youmustbenew.jpg

Coming from the guy who only posts in like 2 threads :tp:

Xenocide
01-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I love how people keep saying that to me like every 5 minutes here.

I may only post regularly in Misinformation and Propaganda but I view threads everywhere. I'm not going to post for the hell of it if I don't actually have anything to say. Sheesh.

masterguy49
01-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I love how people keep saying that to me like every 5 minutes here.

I may only post regularly in Misinformation and Propaganda but I view threads everywhere. I'm not going to post for the hell of it if I don't actually have anything to say. Sheesh.

Well if you only have something to say about Mayhem Fest then there's something wrong with you, man.

elturtleboy
01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Well if you only have something to say about Mayhem Fest then there's something wrong with you, man.

:party:

street_burial
01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
that's okay at least he isn't making pointless thread like he does over at MetalUprising. Even there he really only posts in threads like this.

Steev
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Phil Labonte just posted that ATR has nothing confirmed for the summer

DementedX14
01-11-2012, 08:24 PM
this picture was just posted on Mayhem fest boards claiming it's the lineup.
http://ldbs.s3.amazonaws.com/users/926/926278/photos/4f8bc667a7454cfb4eb9926e288acf48_f.jpg

Hopefully Soilwork and Deadlock will be on it but I am not holding my breath. Also it sucks to hear about the BoO situation.

mankvill
01-11-2012, 08:44 PM
This thread should be renamed to "most gullible people ever"

Steev
01-11-2012, 08:54 PM
This thread should be renamed to "most gullible people ever"

I just its funny something I photoshopped like a month ago has made all these people convinced that's the lineup

Steev
01-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Not sure if this means anything but IWABO is doing a photoshoot with Clown from Slipknot

bt11763
01-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Not sure if this means anything but IWABO is doing a photoshoot with Clown from Slipknot

you should have just stopped there

DementedX14
01-11-2012, 09:20 PM

It is probably for Revolver.

elturtleboy
01-11-2012, 10:03 PM

Why do people listen to them!?:confused:

Steev
01-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Why do people listen to them!?:confused:

they amuse me, not something I listen to alot by any means, but it can be fun

apparently the shoot was for Inked magazine, but still, why would those 2 bands have any association?

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 07:03 AM
This thread should be renamed to "most gullible people ever"That, or maybe "Completely Unchecked, Stream-of-Consciousness Ramblings about a Pseudo-Shitty Metal Festival That Has Been Borderline Interesting (At Best) Every Year Since Its Inception, and That Ridiculously Optimistic Dreamers Everywhere Keep Naively Thinking Is Going to Someday Be Decent".

Or something like that.

metallicbrian666
01-12-2012, 07:06 AM
That, or maybe "Completely Unchecked, Stream-of-Consciousness Ramblings about a Pseudo-Shitty Metal Festival That Has Been Borderline Interesting (At Best) Every Year Since Its Inception, and That Ridiculously Optimistic Dreamers Everywhere Keep Naively Thinking Is Going to Someday Be Decent".

Or something like that.
The people this festival appeals to probably don't know what optimistic and naive mean, and they'd be led to believe Leonardo DiCaprio would be attending because you mentioned Inception

Natrlhi
01-12-2012, 07:09 AM
The people this festival appeals to probably don't know what optimistic and naive mean, and they'd be led to believe Leonardo DiCaprio would be attending because you mentioned InceptionAll of this (1) is true, and (2) made me L:lol:L.

EDIT: Especially since "Inception" is capitalized.

EDIT2: Note to Ravenheart the CORRECT spelling of the word "capitalized".

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Looks like All That Remains will not be playing. I guess they had the same fate as Hatebreed. That probably opens up a headliner for the smaller stages/opener for the main stage.

Not sure who it will be. Motorhead will be cool if those rumors turn out to be true. Personally, I would love to see Mastodon or Down land in that slot. However, I wouldn't rule out HellYeah or Dragonforce.

As of right now who do you think will actually play this year?

I think Slipknot, Korn, 5FDP, As I Lay Dying and Whitechapel are a lock. Anthrax, Skeletonwitch and IWABO are strong possibilities. I really hope the Slayer/Motorhead rumor is true. I will hate it if Slayer plays before Korn or 5FDP. That would be a huge travesty imo.

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't think Slayer would open for Korn or 5FDP, Kerry wouldn't have that. Manson was different because they're friends.

wachan242
01-12-2012, 02:32 PM
I honestly want to see Slayer/Motorhead do their own tour more. But I will consider going to Mayhem if the rumors are true. Even though I gotta drive to Bristow instead of Virginia Beach this year. :mad:

AnthG
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't think Slayer would open for Korn or 5FDP, Kerry wouldn't have that. Manson was different because they're friends.

Has Kerry ever publicly stated his opinion on Korn or FFDP?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-12-2012, 03:33 PM

Slayer played before Deftones & Rob Zombie on Ozzfest 99, why not Korn? Slayer is 10 times better but Korn has sold alot more albums.

dcmetal108
01-12-2012, 05:20 PM

They opened for Manson because Manson was booked as headliner and he told Mayhem Fest that he'd get Slayer to open for him.

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2012, 06:41 PM

He has been known to talk shit about nu-metal.

They opened for Manson because Manson was booked as headliner and he told Mayhem Fest that he'd get Slayer to open for him.

That doesn't mean they're not cool with Manson.

mankvill
01-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Slayer played before Deftones & Rob Zombie on Ozzfest 99, why not Korn? Slayer is 10 times better but Korn has sold alot more albums.

There ya go.

Dextrimental
01-12-2012, 07:19 PM

In Kerry's own words:

'While the Unholy Alliance was our tour, we're never going to sell as many albums as Slipknot' Replace Unholy Alliance with whatever tour and replace Slipknot with Korn and the same logic applies.

'I love watching Manson play, you never know whats going to happen' There once was a time when Manson was one of the best live acts going for energy and spectacle. Indeed, he should, SHOULD, be talked about as much as Zombie is for live show, but he's just gone to shit.

Steev
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax they all have made similar sentiments

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-12-2012, 08:11 PM
There ya go.

God Hates Us All came out after that but has Slayer really put out any classic material other than that one release to make things that much different than how they were perceived by most fans in 99?

mankvill
01-12-2012, 08:18 PM
God Hates Us All came out after that but has Slayer really put out any classic material other than that one release to make things that much different than how they were perceived by most fans in 99?

I just meant Rob Zombie and Deftones were THE hot item at that point in time in 1999, so of course Slayer would open for them. They also opened for Pantera, didn't they?

Steev
01-12-2012, 08:21 PM
So I asked the owner of Sumerian if any of their bands would be playing

His answer was "Stay Tuned", most likely this is Born Of Osiris or Periphery(fingers crossed its them), and honestly probably a small chance its Asking Alexandria(doubtful though)

mankvill
01-12-2012, 08:22 PM

His answer was "Stay Tuned", most likely this is Born Of Osiris or Periphery(fingers crossed its them), and honestly probably a small chance its Asking Alexandria(doubtful though)

cool, i asked Ares Kingdom if they were on it and they said "what is mayhem fest" so obviously they might be on it

brutal_descent
01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
cool, i asked Ares Kingdom if they were on it and they said "what is mayhem fest" so obviously they might be on it

:lol:

rugbyman
01-13-2012, 07:22 AM

i'm pretty sure it's after the burial. born of osiris is supposed to be on warped and asking alexandria supposed to be headlining the all stars tour.

Steev
01-13-2012, 07:26 AM
i'm pretty sure it's after the burial. born of osiris is supposed to be on warped and asking alexandria supposed to be headlining the all stars tour.

Damn I was hoping for Periphery

side note, NAMM starts today, usually someone mentions the lineup there

mankvill
01-13-2012, 07:36 AM
The wikipedia article for this year's installment is fucking horrendous.

No offense to Wolverinekills because I like the guy, but people are promoting your shit on Wikipedia. Like, right there in the article, saying "follow him on twitter for more updates"

And half the article is just speculation bullshit. I'm deleting everything without a source and everything non-notable. Like someone put up which bands said they are not playing Mayhem Fest. Really? For fuck's sake.

treghet
01-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Hahahaha wow. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a fair amount of the guests on this site are just reading this thread.

Edit: Yeah, I think I'm right. The current 'What Are You Doing' thread has 3,190 replies and 55,316 views, while this topic has only 1,391 replies yet 64,904 views.

Steev
01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Hahahaha wow. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a fair amount of the guests on this site are just reading this thread.

Edit: Yeah, I think I'm right. The current 'What Are You Doing' thread has 3,190 replies and 55,316 views, while this topic has only 1,391 replies yet 64,904 views.

yeah noticed that when a FB page quoted me verbatim

mankvill
01-13-2012, 09:02 AM
attn: dumbasses looking at this thread from the official mayhem forums

Turn off your radio and go to local shows and support local music instead of this fest

AnthG
01-13-2012, 09:18 AM
But local music sucks a lot of the time. I'd rather support bands that I already know and love.

Steev
01-13-2012, 09:25 AM
But local music sucks a lot of the time. I'd rather support bands that I already know and love.

there are ALOT of crappy local metal bands here, oddly enough some of the non metal ones are pretty good

treghet
01-13-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm now imagining Jackson feeling like his post was a lost cause.

mankvill
01-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Then you aren't looking hard enough.

Dextrimental
01-13-2012, 09:38 AM
this thread is such a cluster-fuck, its pure entertainment! :lol:

Steev
01-13-2012, 09:59 AM
from a recent interview with Jordan from AILD

Mike: Onto the next studio album. Any new material written?

Jordan: Individually, the guys have some stuff, but we haven’t gotten together and thrown around any ideas yet. We’re still trying to figure out who’s producing the record, and to get the scheduling worked out, and then probably starting in the new year, we’ll get to writing. We have a couple one-offs, and a big summer tour announcement coming up soon for the U.S., as well as European festivals.

Mike: Can you throw us some minor hints about the big summer tour announcement?

Jordan: I don’t know when we’re supposed to announce it or when we can, but it’s a tour that’s been a long time coming. It’s a tour that our fans have wanted us to do, and it’s a tour that we’ve wanted to do. And it hasn’t worked out until this upcoming summer, so it’ll be sweet. Hopefully in the next couple weeks, we’ll be able to get the word out there.

GarageMetal468
01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
attn: dumbasses looking at this thread from the official mayhem forums

Turn off your radio and go to local shows and support local music instead of this fest

This. Also, if you want a real festival where the lineup never disappoints, here you go! (http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/)

VoidFlame
01-13-2012, 10:27 AM
This. Also, if you want a real festival where the lineup never disappoints, here you go! (http://www.marylanddeathfest.com/)

brutal_descent
01-13-2012, 10:32 AM
>Cosmonauts Day
>Mooncake
>RXYZYXR
>Equal Minds Theory
>Everything Is Made In China
>Ease of Disgust

Yeah, I'd take a show with more than half of those bands (locals if y'all didn't get the point) than how this lineup is turning out :fist:

Xenocide
01-13-2012, 10:51 AM

I only like Napalm Death and Agalloch out of those bands.

mankvill
01-13-2012, 10:53 AM

:lame:

street_burial
01-13-2012, 11:00 AM

http://www.funnypicturespace.com/files/700d450a7f97.gif

BloodoftheKings
01-13-2012, 11:00 AM

You don't like Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Electric Wizard, Saint Vitus, and a fuckton of other great bands but you obsess over finding out the lineup for this shitfest 2 weeks in advance? gtfo.

http://i.imgur.com/RAqLl.gif

masterguy49
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Are you trying to get everyone to hate you? :lol:

GarageMetal468
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM

Or is it really:

I've only heard of Napalm Death and Agalloch out of those bands.

brutal_descent
01-13-2012, 11:06 AM

http://captionsearch.com/pix/thumb/pijobf4e8h-t.jpg

masterguy49
01-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Or is it really:

>"Agalloch Fan"
>Only knows Falling Snow

brutal_descent
01-13-2012, 11:09 AM
>"Agalloch Fan"
>Only knows Falling Snow

>Napalm Death fan
>Only knows You Suffer

:D

BloodoftheKings
01-13-2012, 11:11 AM
>"Agalloch Fan"
>Only knows Falling Snow

>Napalm Death fan
>Only knows You Suffer

You know whats worse then both of these?

>Cares about Mayhem Fest.

brutal_descent
01-13-2012, 11:13 AM
You know whats worse then both of these?
>Cares about Mayhem Fest.

I really find it funny how half of the people who rag on the usual posters in this thread end up going to Mayhem anyway :lol:

BloodoftheKings
01-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I really find it funny how half of the people who rag on the usual posters in this thread end up going to Mayhem anyway :lol:

I didn't go to the past 2 Mayhems. If the Slayer/Motorhead rumor was true then I would definitely go but every other rumored lineup is pretty shitty. Also there's nothing wrong with going to Mayhem fest, but obsessing over what the lineup is gonna be when the official announcement is in 2 weeks is asinine.

RAZOR
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
...this thread is hilarious. I'm sad I haven't peeked in here more often. :lol:

Xenocide
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Or is it really:

Maybe...

And no, I have 3 full albums from Agalloch and 2 from Napalm Death.

xStructualDefect
01-13-2012, 01:19 PM
lulz @ ppls reactions "you don't like bands on MDF? you're fucking gay, gfto"

Steev
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM

it is kinda funny

then again so is comparing the two, one is a massive tour that goes all over the country and one is one weekend only in one city

mankvill
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM

It's true

xStructualDefect
01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
always get a laugh when people talk shit when others don't like the same amazing bands as they do. who cares. let people obsess over finding out the mayhem fest lineup and not like MDF bands.

Steev
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
always get a laugh when people talk shit when others don't like the same amazing bands as they do. who cares. let people obsess over finding out the mayhem fest lineup and not like MDF bands.

I look at it this way, Mayhem always has bands I like and it's near by and it's easy enough to deal with the douchebag frat boys because they usually show up late

MDF would require a hotel, driving much further, and having to deal with the kind of people that would come early and bitch all day

mankvill
01-13-2012, 01:39 PM
deal with the kind of people that would come early and bitch all day

...the fuck?

xStructualDefect
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
deal with the kind of people that would come early and bitch all day

inb4 shitstorm

Steev
01-13-2012, 01:47 PM
...the fuck?

most metal shows here

basically there's a group you see at almost every show(literally, like the same people):
-guy in his 40's(probably 50's now, Ive seen him at shows since I was 16) who bitches and calls basically every band that isnt currently playing a sellout
-teenagers who complain that "insert name here" cut their hair, or about someone else in their band
-this sketchy middle age woman who claims to work for record labels
-the same long haired kid in corpse paint who always wears fishnet shirts and the shirt of whoever is playing

and combined they never shut the fuck up and they're at any show that isn't a festival like Mayhem or a band who is begin enough to headline a show like that

meanwhile a show like Mayhem just gets the drunk retards that show up late, and usually by the time they show up the headliners are on and you can basically avoid them(or watch security beat the piss out of them)

mankvill
01-13-2012, 01:49 PM
So do you only go to shows for bands you've heard on the radio? :lol:

99.99999% of people who go to big metal fests like MDF here in the US are going for a majority of the bands, not just the headliners.

The headliners for MDF aren't exactly huge names, either. Well they're huge in the metal underground, but not big enough to attract "oh, i heard them on the radio, they might be cool" casual fans.

I just really don't understand where you're coming from with this.

Steev
01-13-2012, 01:54 PM
So do you only go to shows for bands you've heard on the radio? :lol:

99.99999% of people who go to big metal fests like MDF here in the US are going for a majority of the bands, not just the headliners.

The headliners for MDF aren't exactly huge names, either. Well they're huge in the metal underground, but not big enough to attract "oh, i heard them on the radio, they might be cool" casual fans.

I just really don't understand where you're coming from with this.

yes because apparently Evergrey, Iced Earth, Nile, Down, Baroness, Misery Index and The Absence are on the radio, you do realize that in the first 4 years of Mayhem about 2 bands(maybe) get radio airplay here

the radio argument is singlehandidly one of the stupidest things and something that would come from the mouth of the people I described

and I never said they only went for the headliners, but I have been to PLENTY of shows where people complain and bitch throughout the show without "being there just for the headliner", the only city Id been to where you didnt have these types was Savannah because theyred be like 30 people in the crowd and most were in the other bands from the area

BloodoftheKings
01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
you do realize that in the first 4 years of Mayhem about 2 bands(maybe) get radio airplay here

Slipknot
Disturbed
Dragonforce (replace 'radio' with 'guitar hero')
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Killswitch Engage
Bullet For My Valentine
Five Finger Death Punch
Godsmack
Megadeth
Korn

It's a little bit more then 2 buddy.

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Slipknot
Disturbed
Dragonforce (replace 'radio' with 'guitar hero')
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson
Killswitch Engage
Bullet For My Valentine
Five Finger Death Punch
Godsmack
Megadeth
Korn

It's a little bit more then 2 buddy.

in Philadelphia we get Disturbed and maybe Godsmack(but not in recent years), Manson and KoRn haven't been played on the radio here in over a decade and the rest haven't period(except in the early 00's when the one station here had a late night metal show from 12-2, which they haven't in 7 years)

mankvill
01-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Well it's not like that in most of the places in the US. Most shows have dedicated fans who are either there for the entire show or show up because they are at least interested in the (usually) less-popular opening bands.

I just think you'd be absolutely mental if you skip out on a fest like MDF and opt for one like Mayhem Fest because you'll deal with less desireable people.

I mean, I already think you're absolutely mental for only liking Agalloch and Napalm Death, but... ;)

street_burial
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
in Philadelphia we get Disturbed and maybe Godsmack(but not in recent years), Manson and KoRn haven't been played on the radio here in over a decade and the rest haven't period(except in the early 00's when the one station here had a late night metal show from 12-2, which they haven't in 7 years)

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/23271_116886391687084_315_n.jpg

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Well it's not like that in most of the places in the US. Most shows have dedicated fans who are either there for the entire show or show up because they are at least interested in the (usually) less-popular opening bands.

I just think you'd be absolutely mental if you skip out on a fest like MDF and opt for one like Mayhem Fest because you'll deal with less desireable people.

I mean, I already think you're absolutely mental for only liking Agalloch and Napalm Death, but... ;)

MDF is in another state, Mayhem is a 30 min drive(and I dont know about most of you, but most of the people I know arent keen on taking a trip 3 hours or more south to see bands they've never heard of) folks I know are more likely to do Mayhem or even some of the smaller metal shows in Philly

this by no means is a slight on MDF(there's always bands I like, there's atleast 15 this year I either like or at least have some interest in), it's just not that reasonable of a scenario to do(same thing with NEMHF)

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/23271_116886391687084_315_n.jpg

call it all you want, I live here and we only have one station that plays rock(and they cover from the 70's to now, not alot of room for those bands) and in the past couple years the only Mayhem band Ive heard on there was Disturbed(unless you count Stone Sour, they might have played them a handful of times) I mean they gave away a Dave Mustaine guitar last year and never played a single Megadeth song in that time frame

mankvill
01-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Oh, I know. I'm not saying that you should go to MDF or anything. I can't go either.

But I just wish people would support local shows and local venues and local bands. But they don't, then bitch up a storm when the shows that do come through are shit.

street_burial
01-13-2012, 02:12 PM
call it all you want, I live here and we only have one station that plays rock(and they cover from the 70's to now, not alot of room for those bands) and in the past couple years the only Mayhem band Ive heard on there was Disturbed(unless you count Stone Sour, they might have played them a handful of times) I mean they gave away a Dave Mustaine guitar last year and never played a single Megadeth song in that time frame

refer to my picture

http://www.ontheradio.net/metro/philadelphia_pa.aspx

BloodoftheKings
01-13-2012, 02:12 PM

Them being on the radio wasn't exactly the point. Most people don't even listen to the radio anymore, my real point was that every single one of those bands has casual fans that don't really even listen to metal. Everybody knows those bands whether it's from the radio or not. I think when manks says 'the radio' he also kind of means tv, video games, etc.

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Oh, I know. I'm not saying that you should go to MDF or anything. I can't go either.

But I just wish people would support local shows and local venues and local bands. But they don't, then bitch up a storm when the shows that do come through are shit.

we get ALOT of kids now, and I mean kids(like 15) who think because they grow their hair out and wear Immortal shirts theyre all of a sudden the shit

actually the Evergrey show wasnt bad, but to be fair they had less than 50 people in the crowd

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Them being on the radio wasn't exactly the point. Most people don't even listen to the radio anymore, my real point was that every single one of those bands has casual fans that don't really even listen to metal. Everybody knows those bands whether it's from the radio or not. I think when manks says 'the radio' he also kind of means tv, video games, etc.

oh they definitely have the casual fans, and they show up late and don't fuck up me and friends watching the bands earlier in the day

Mayhem last year was a blast because people didn't really start showing up until after Megadeth(or they didn't bother going in the crowd and acting like jackasses) so by the time the drunk fairweather fans showed up the show was almost over and their stupidity couldn't fuck things up

mankvill
01-13-2012, 02:17 PM
we get ALOT of kids now, and I mean kids(like 15) who think because they grow their hair out and wear Immortal shirts theyre all of a sudden the shit

actually the Evergrey show wasnt bad, but to be fair they had less than 50 people in the crowd

Why are you caring about what the crowd looks like at shows?

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Why are you caring about what the crowd looks like at shows?

I care when they're obnoxious(see previous post) like when All That Remains decided to bring Asking Alexandria as an opener and crowd was full of kids who decided to throw punches and do jump kicks in the pit

mankvill
01-13-2012, 02:20 PM
I care when they're obnoxious(see previous post) like when All That Remains decided to bring Asking Alexandria as an opener and crowd was full of kids who decided to throw punches and do jump kicks in the pit

Then get out of the pit. :lol:

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Then get out of the pit. :lol:

I learned my lesson about that years ago(namely Stillborn Fest when some fat dude split my lip open 5 seconds after walking into the crowd)

dcmetal108

Thats when you go in the pit and knock out EVERYONE. Thats what we do in Chicago.

xStructualDefect

:lol: could relate to you. i've seen a lot of kids who 1 year are barely getting into metal and like some metallica, maiden, slipknot, etc, and the next year their hair is really long and i see them with a bunch of death metal and black metal band tees and become the biggest fucking elitists ever when they've only listened to metal for about a year. that's why i assumed some people on this board were they same when they said they missed at the gates on their 08 tour because they didn't know who they were and didn't even listen to much metal back then.

mankvill
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
that's why i assumed some people on this board were they same when they said they missed at the gates on their 08 tour because they didn't know who they were and didn't even listen to much metal back then.

Who said that? :confused:

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:23 PM
:lol: could relate to you. i've seen a lot of kids who 1 year are barely getting into metal and like some metallica, maiden, slipknot, etc, and the next year their hair is really long and i see them with a bunch of death metal and black metal band tees and become the biggest fucking elitists ever when they've only listened to metal for about a year. that's why i assumed some people on this board were they same when they said they missed at the gates on their 08 tour because they didn't know who they were and didn't even listen to much metal back then.

I missed that tour because they didn't come anywhere nearby......bastards

buuut yeah, you get alot of that though, although my favorite thing here is we still have the aging mallgoths(and endangered species) they're fun

Xenocide
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM

I skip out on MDF because it's 5 hours away and Mayhem Fest is 30 minutes away.

xStructualDefect
01-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Who said that? :confused:

it was like 2 years ago, so can't remember any names, and don't want to put anyone on blast on here when i might be wrong anyway.

but there's in fact a lot of kids like that. i know a lot of people like that.

mankvill
01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I skip out on MDF because it's 5 hours away and Mayhem Fest is 30 minutes away.

Oh whoops, I got you mixed up with Steev.

*re-directs all my hate from Steev to you*

DAMNIT XENOCIDE :flame:

Steev
it was like 2 years ago, so can't remember any names, and don't want to put anyone on blast on here when i might be wrong anyway.

but there's in fact a lot of kids like that. i know a lot of people like that.

there's some that are alright though, surprisingly a really cool crowd at Slayer/Zombie/Exodus last year

Steev
Oh whoops, I got you mixed up with Steev.

*re-directs all my hate from Steev to you*

DAMNIT XENOCIDE :flame:

in that case MDF is about 3 and a half hours away and Mayhem is 30 min away

better?:D

RAZOR
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM

I haven't been to MDF yet, but I can almost guarantee you'll find waaaay more "less desireable" people at Mayhem Fest. I don't get it. :confused:

mankvill
01-13-2012, 02:51 PM
in that case MDF is about 3 and a half hours away and Mayhem is 30 min away

better?:D

That's even worse!

I went 3 hours just to see Alice Cooper! I only wish I was only 3 away from MDF. :bouville:

Steev
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
That's even worse!

I went 3 hours just to see Alice Cooper! I only wish I was only 3 away from MDF. :bouville:

3 and a half with no one else I know having any desire to attend, it's one thing going yourself to local shows, but one in a totally different state isn't that enthralling

besides most of the bands come here anyway

Blackened12
01-13-2012, 03:07 PM
That's even worse!

45 minutes is nice too:lol:

Sepultura69
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM
So people who live only 3-4 hours away from MDF would rather go to Lame Hem Fest which is 30 minutes away. :hecho:

What has this planet come to?

Fuckin' A........

:bouville:

Steev
01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
So people who live only 3-4 hours away from MDF would rather go to Lame Hem Fest which is 30 minutes away. :hecho:

What has this planet come to?

Fuckin' A........

:bouville:

Or people actually like some of the bands on Mayhem, novel thought

Magson13
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Or people actually like some of the bands on Mayhem, novel thought

Those people are known as posers.

Steev
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM

So you're still doing this troll thing?

Xenocide
01-13-2012, 03:29 PM

This has never made sense to me. "Posers" to me are people who take part in something for the image it will give to them, and don't really have an appreciation for whatever it is they're taking part in. But honestly, it seems like this is more common among metal elitists than casual metal listeners... for example, I used to talk enormous amounts of shit about Suicide Silence when I had only heard 1-3 songs. I eventually gave them a chance and now I regularly listen to them.

I'm not sure what the specific point of what I'm saying is... but I think a good summary is go fuck yourself with a cactus.

Steev
01-13-2012, 03:45 PM
This has never made sense to me. "Posers" to me are people who take part in something for the image it will give to them, and don't really have an appreciation for whatever it is they're taking part in. But honestly, it seems like this is more common among metal elitists than casual metal listeners... for example, I used to talk enormous amounts of shit about Suicide Silence when I had only heard 1-3 songs. I eventually gave them a chance and now I regularly listen to them.

I'm not sure what the specific point of what I'm saying is... but I think a good summary is go fuck yourself with a cactus.

a good summery is the word "poser" is idiotic and usually used by people with no real argument

metallicbrian666
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I used to talk enormous amounts of shit about Suicide Silence when I had only heard 1-3 songs. I eventually gave them a chance and now I regularly suck dick
Figured as much

Magson13
01-13-2012, 04:42 PM

People go to gayhem and think they're metal. They makes them posers.

You listen to suicide silence, and are therefore a poser.

Steev
01-13-2012, 04:49 PM

Wow, poser and gayhem in the same post, that's some serious trolling

slapguitarer
01-13-2012, 04:56 PM
If MDF was 5 hours away that'd be no issue. Hell, even 10 would be close enough.

xStructualDefect
01-13-2012, 04:58 PM

lulz

shouldn't you be out trying to make some friends?

i'm starting to feel bad for you

street_burial
01-13-2012, 05:04 PM
if im not mistaken Magson use to troll the official mayhem forums a year or so ago.

metallicbrian666
01-13-2012, 05:04 PM
lulz

You should make your sig "lulz" so you don't have to go through the trouble to type it out every time

Magson13
01-13-2012, 05:06 PM
lulz

lulz

shouldn't you be out doing the same thing?

i'm starting to feel bad for you because all you do is get asshurt on the internet

metallicbrian666
01-13-2012, 05:06 PM
if im not mistaken Magson use to troll the official mayhem forums a year or so ago.
Magson was on the original and used to be on MetalUprising but then he went outside

GarageMetal468
01-13-2012, 05:18 PM
MDF would require a hotel, driving much further, and having to deal with the kind of people that would come early and bitch all day

Don't forget making up absurd bullcrap about festivals that you've never been to before!

Steev
01-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Don't forget making up absurd bullcrap about festivals that you've never been to before!

Kinda like most of the people have here about Mayhem?

GarageMetal468
01-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Kinda like most of the people have here about Mayhem?

Yeah I guess, like people saying that any year that was not the 2nd year being the best year for Mayhem.

slapguitarer
01-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah I guess, like people saying that any year that was not the 2nd year being the best year for Mayhem.

Mayhem 2009 was the worst.

Come at me bros.

Steev
01-13-2012, 05:30 PM

And a point is unintentionally made

Steev
01-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Mayhem 2009 was the worst.

Come at me bros.

The only thing I can say about that is that whenever Manson and Slayer tour together the crowd is a hot mess of drunken awkward fights(although it was worse the first time around in 2007)

masterguy49
01-13-2012, 09:05 PM
I used to talk enormous amounts of shit about Suicide Silence when I had only heard 1-3 songs. I eventually gave them a chance and now I regularly listen to them.
>Only posts in Mayhem thread
>Only has something to say about Mayhem Fest, but not the billions of other awesome threads
>Only like 2 bands on MDF line up
>Prefers Mayhem Fest over MDF
>Isn't entertaining
>Regularly listens to Suicide Silence

No offense man, but you must seriously want everyone here to hate you.

elturtleboy
01-13-2012, 09:45 PM
>Only has something to say about Mayhem Fest, but not the billions of other awesome threads
>Isn't entertaining

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-14-2012, 02:28 AM
>Isn't entertaining

Seriously, who gives a fuck? Does it really matter? People like different genres of music, bands, festivals, etc. Why does it matter what thread(s) someone posts in?

I sure as hell ain't the standard bearer for music for anyone but myself. Same applies to Steev, Mankvll, Xenocide, masterguy49, etc or anyone else who posts on metalsetlists.com.

Anyone who posts in a thread about a tour/band they hate and try to belittle or insult those who are using the forum properly are nothing more than a troll. Drop the elitist, my-metal-preferences-are-holiier-than-thou attitude and go post in a thread about a festival/album/band that you do like. This is not aimed at any one person who posts here, just seeing alot of this type of behavior lately from those who used to make good contributions to this forum.

AnataFan4Life
01-14-2012, 03:50 AM
I like music. I don't give a shit if it's underground or popular, as long as I think it's good, that's enough for me.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-14-2012, 04:50 AM
I like music. I don't give a shit if it's underground or popular, as long as I think it's good, that's enough for me.

Excellent post Anata.

Muddy Waters, Megadeth, Mercyful Fate, Mamas & Papas, Mr. Big, Motley Crue, Mastodon, Machine Head, Montgomery Gentry, Metallica, Morbid Angel, Merle Haggard, M.O.D., Michael Jackson, Mad Season, Madonna, Marilyn Manson and Mayhem. All of those artists starting with an "M" have at least a few songs on my ipod right now.

*Waits for close minded metal elitist trolling*

metallicbrian666
01-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Mayhem
Lol u can't listen 2 a festival

Steev
01-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Lol u can't listen 2 a festival

Steev
01-14-2012, 05:29 AM
oh and on a note of complete wishful thinking(in that I know it's not happening) Fear Factory is finishing a new album

Maidenmagic
01-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the news! I like Fear Factory.

metallicbrian666
01-14-2012, 05:36 AM
oh and on a note of complete wishful thinking(in that I know it's not happening) Fear Factory is finishing a new album
Fear Factory are actually a band I could see on this fest. They're pretty much the only band that could make me go

mastodon421
01-14-2012, 05:42 AM

This x1000

Steev
01-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Fear Factory are actually a band I could see on this fest. They're pretty much the only band that could make me go

always a good time live

metallicbrian666
01-14-2012, 06:51 AM
always a good time live
For sure. I know Burton's not great live, but I mean if you're a fan of the band you'll have a great time. I'm looking forward to the new album, Mechanize was awesome so I have high hopes

Maidenmagic
01-14-2012, 07:19 AM

Agree!

W0unds
01-14-2012, 07:52 AM
According to theprp Jason Sutter (American Hi-Fi, Chris Cornell, etc.) will be drumming for Marilyn Manson this year.

From Jason's website

"Jason was recently named as Marilyn Manson's new touring drummer. He will head out on the road in February to start a lengthy world tour which will include both headline shows and major festivals."

I wasn't sure if Manson had been considered as a possible band for this year.

masterguy49
01-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Seriously, who gives a fuck? Does it really matter? People like different genres of music, bands, festivals, etc. Why does it matter what thread(s) someone posts in?

I sure as hell ain't the standard bearer for music for anyone but myself. Same applies to Steev, Mankvll, Xenocide, masterguy49, etc or anyone else who posts on metalsetlists.com.

Anyone who posts in a thread about a tour/band they hate and try to belittle or insult those who are using the forum properly are nothing more than a troll. Drop the elitist, my-metal-preferences-are-holiier-than-thou attitude and go post in a thread about a festival/album/band that you do like. This is not aimed at any one person who posts here, just seeing alot of this type of behavior lately from those who used to make good contributions to this forum.

I don't really care honestly. I hate elitists and I act nothing like one. I'm actually some of the few who likes deathcore here. That doesn't change the fact that he really isn't getting off to a good start if he wants to post here. I mean I don't care, not like I hate him or anything, I'm just saying everything right to get a lot of members on here to hate him. no hate, just honesty

Xenocide
01-14-2012, 11:13 AM
People on the internet don't like me?

shockedandappaled.jpg

treghet
01-14-2012, 11:18 AM

shockedandappaled.jpg

Why? Do they typically not like you in real life either?

Xenocide
01-14-2012, 11:21 AM
/sarcasm

AnthG
01-14-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure if someone mentioned it, as I know they haven't been one of the heavily rumored bands, but God Forbid's got a new album coming this year. If they're going to repeat bands I'd love to see them on this tour again.

Also, Wolverinekills/anyone else who knows...what are the chances of the Mayhem bands this year playing the HeavyMTL and HeavyTO festivals, since they both take place a week after Mayhem ends.

xStructualDefect
01-14-2012, 12:17 PM

seriously this. well fucking said.

BloodoftheKings
01-14-2012, 12:20 PM
The internet is srs business guise.

DementedX14
01-14-2012, 12:39 PM

:hug:

masterguy49
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM

shockedandappaled.jpg

I'm just saying man, you don't have to be a dick about it. Regardless, I'm not gonna bother posting here until the line up is revealed. I'll see you on the next Mayhem thread.