PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

kommie
11-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Any more news on who's playing?

popular radio-rock bands, and bands that had their peak in the early 2000's. y'know like every year.

Magson13
11-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Having a driver's license =/= having access to a vehicle.

Hence where the employment comes in. Paychecks enable you to purchase a vehicle, therefore having access to one.

dcmetal108
11-29-2011, 11:42 AM
So you've been old enough to find employment, and get a driver's license, for a full two years now, but are incapable of getting to shows without your parents taking you?

For one thing I live in Chicago. Public transportation is much easier. I can take the train to HOB in 30 minutes or have to drive there, get stuck in traffic, and have to pay like $30.00 to park in a garage. Also yes I have had jobs but a car is expensive and also very expensive is insurance and I never made that much so why pay it. Also 90% of the shows they took me to were at a amphitheater which is an hour away and no train or bus will go there.

Indestructible
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM
So you've been old enough to find employment, and get a driver's license, for a full two years now, but are incapable of getting to shows without your parents taking you?

Not sure if I should be feeding the troll here since I have never had a car or a job but are you really that big of an idiot Magson? It's not like a job and a car magically appear to you the second you turn 16, one paycheck will not give you the couple thousand or more that you need to buy a car. If you haven't realized the economy sucks and cars cost a lot, so it might take a few years to save up and buy one.

dcmetal108
11-29-2011, 12:55 PM
It actually took a year after I turned 16 to find a job. Until recently I lived in the suburbs and there were no jobs available.

Indestructible
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
It actually took a year after I turned 16 to find a job. Until recently I lived in the suburbs and there were no jobs available.

Not all of us can be Magson where we live in a land where jobs hire you and people give you free cars once you turn 16.:D

BloodoftheKings
11-29-2011, 02:21 PM
Not all of us can be Magson where we live in a land where jobs hire you and people give you free cars once you turn 16.:D

Magson isn't speaking from experience, he's only 14.

AnthG
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Any more news on who's playing?

Uh, please try to stay on topic.

dcmetal108
11-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Magson isn't speaking from experience, he's only 14.

I was going to say that lol.

Instead we all just wait until the real world bends him over and fucks him hard. Although he might like that.

Xenocide
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Magson is only 14?

Explains a lot...

Magson13
11-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Also yes I have had jobs but a car is expensive and also very expensive is insurance and I never made that much so why pay it.

That's why work hard, earn more hours, and make enough money to buy one. I've been working since I was 15. My first job, the place closed down, and I managed to find a new job within two weeks. Not that hard to do if you're a good worker. Got my first car when I was 16. Been paying insurance ever since. So no, it is not impossible to find a job, if you're a responsible person.

Indestructible
11-29-2011, 07:11 PM
That's why work hard, earn more hours, and make enough money to buy one. I've been working since I was 15. My first job, the place closed down, and I managed to find a new job within two weeks. Not that hard to do if you're a good worker. Got my first car when I was 16. Been paying insurance ever since. So no, it is not impossible to find a job, if you're a responsible person.

You're a bigger idiot than I thought. Yeah your comments on this board show someone who is really adult and responsible with their life, oh Magson please tell me more, I wanna be like you. :tp:

mankvill
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM

kinda soundin like the 1% there buddy

Magson13
11-29-2011, 08:22 PM
kinda soundin like the 1% there buddy

These damn 99'ers need to get their acts together and stop wanting something for nothing!

mankvill
11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
These damn 99'ers need to get their acts together and stop wanting something for nothing!

kinda soundin like my grandparents there buddy

Magson13
11-29-2011, 08:34 PM
kinda soundin like my grandparents there buddy

Great life wisdom flows through me, young one.

MPF
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM

No it doesn't

brutal_descent
11-29-2011, 08:59 PM

There's only one thing I know that flows through you, and it sure as hell isn't wisdom! ;)

moobys37
11-29-2011, 10:06 PM
There's only one thing I know that flows through you, and it sure as hell isn't wisdom! ;)

:lol:

NickLed19
11-30-2011, 02:14 AM

Why do you care if he has a car?

Magson13
11-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Why do you care if he has a car?

Why do you care that I care he has a car?

converge241
11-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Uh, please try to stay on topic.

FAIL~!

Natrlhi
11-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Great life wisdom flows through me, young one....he says to the guy who's at least seven years older than he is. :rolleyes:

There's only one thing I know that flows through you, and it sure as hell isn't wisdom! ;)Perfect.

imanidiot777
11-30-2011, 07:09 AM
After reading the last few pages....the sad part is I actually AGREE with the hated Magson. It really isn't that hard to get a goddamn job and buy a vehicle. If you aren't able to find a job there is a reason and it is most likely amendable.

And before you claim I'm not speaking out of experience, I worked from the moment I could get a job, I did my job well, I looked clean (that's a lot bigger of an issue than you think), I bought my own car and paid for my own gas. Worked through college and got a good job soon after. If you can't get a job, MOST of the time it is because you are either: only looking for certain jobs when you cant be picky or think certain things are below you, you look like shit (meaning you aren't well groomed, not naturally ugly), you have no communication skills at all and don't know how to interview, or you are being a lazy bum. If you really are one of the unlucky ones then I feel sorry for you, but for the most part people fall into those categories.

imanidiot777
11-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Can we get back to Mayhem?

brutal_descent
11-30-2011, 07:14 AM
In other news...

THREAD SUCCESFULLY HIJACKED

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Can we get back to Mayhem?

Never.

brutal_descent
11-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Never.

Yeah, what's the point? It's not like Euronymous or Dead are coming back anytime soon ;)

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah, what's the point? It's not like Euronymous or Dead are coming back anytime soon ;)

:lol: I like this thread better when it's just a back up "What are you doing" thread. We can leave the mayhem fest discussion for when the lineup actually gets announced.

IrritatedTrout
11-30-2011, 08:01 AM
I don't know about you guys but I fucking love it when my godfather or father takes me to a show. Less driving, gas money, and possibly a free shirt for me.:bliss:

Edit: And yes, I have my own car and go to the majority of shows by myself. Doesn;t mean it's not awesome when someone offers to take you.

masterguy49
11-30-2011, 08:49 AM
I don't know about you guys but I fucking love it when my godfather or father takes me to a show. Less driving, gas money, and possibly a free shirt for me.:bliss:

Edit: And yes, I have my own car and go to the majority of shows by myself. Doesn;t mean it's not awesome when someone offers to take you.

Yeah I save a fuck load of money when I go with Uncle to shows :fist:

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I hear that Anthrax's Scott Ian was on a radio show the other night (Sirius?) and stated the band is on a US summer tour in 2012. What else is there that has been put together at this point besides Mayhem Fest?

Slipknot
Korn
5FDP
Anthrax
Hatebreed
As I Lay Dying
Whitechapel

IrritatedTrout
11-30-2011, 09:28 AM
I hope Anthrax isn't on it. I wanna see them but if those other bands are confirmed then I'm not shelling out the cash for such a shit lineup.

Steev
11-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I hear that Anthrax's Scott Ian was on a radio show the other night (Sirius?) and stated the band is on a US summer tour in 2012. What else is there that has been put together at this point besides Mayhem Fest?

Slipknot
Korn
5FDP
Anthrax
Hatebreed
As I Lay Dying
Whitechapel

first off WOOOO holy shit

anyway, Anthrax has been posting Mayhem surveys to request them, and like I said before All That Remains is still in the running(depending on album's release)

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-30-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd love to see Anthrax live. But why would Korn play again? I know they've got a new album, but dubstep at a metal festival? I realize the promoters are mostly in it for the money, but come on, that just seems like an awful idea. Heck, I'd rather see Manson play again than Korn. Screw them both and bring back Slayer and Cannibal Corpse.

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Why do Anthrax degrade themselves by opening for shit bands like 5FDP? I hope they're not on mayhem and Scott means they're doing a different tour.

AnataFan4Life
11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Why do Anthrax degrade themselves by opening for shit bands like 5FDP?

http://iheartmoney.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/356.jpg

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 07:34 PM
http://iheartmoney.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/356.jpg

Would you rape and kill a homeless chinese man for money?

Didn't think so.

slapguitarer
11-30-2011, 07:50 PM

Didn't think so.

Opening for shitty bands =/= Raping and killing homeless people.

BloodoftheKings
11-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Opening for shitty bands =/= Raping and killing homeless people.

When that shitty band is 5FDP it's pretty close.

makethemsuffer12
11-30-2011, 08:14 PM

Didn't think so.

I'll do it for 5 bucks. Just tell me the street corner he's on and I'll be there unzipped and with a hammer in hand.

Magson13
11-30-2011, 08:56 PM
After reading the last few pages....the sad part is I actually AGREE with the hated Magson. It really isn't that hard to get a goddamn job and buy a vehicle. If you aren't able to find a job there is a reason and it is most likely amendable.

And before you claim I'm not speaking out of experience, I worked from the moment I could get a job, I did my job well, I looked clean (that's a lot bigger of an issue than you think), I bought my own car and paid for my own gas. Worked through college and got a good job soon after. If you can't get a job, MOST of the time it is because you are either: only looking for certain jobs when you cant be picky or think certain things are below you, you look like shit (meaning you aren't well groomed, not naturally ugly), you have no communication skills at all and don't know how to interview, or you are being a lazy bum. If you really are one of the unlucky ones then I feel sorry for you, but for the most part people fall into those categories.

Exactly. And what really irks me, is when people say they're out applying and job hunting.... But they're filling out one or two applications a week. That shit isn't job hunting. When I found my jobs, I was filling out ten-twenty applications daily. I walked to every shopping center within five miles of my house and covered everything, even places I knew I wouldn't be hired. But that didn't stop me from applying. Kids these days are just too lazy, and expect everything to just be handed to them........ But it's really funny using facebook to find people I went to high school with, and laughing that they're still unemployed, sponging off mommy and daddy, complaning they have to do chores, while they live there rent free. And then post about Occupy. Makes me lawl every time.

mankvill
11-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Exactly. And what really irks me, is when people say they're out applying and job hunting.... But they're filling out one or two applications a week. That shit isn't job hunting. When I found my jobs, I was filling out ten-twenty applications daily. I walked to every shopping center within five miles of my house and covered everything, even places I knew I wouldn't be hired. But that didn't stop me from applying. Kids these days are just too lazy, and expect everything to just be handed to them........ But it's really funny using facebook to find people I went to high school with, and laughing that they're still unemployed, sponging off mommy and daddy, complaning they have to do chores, while they live there rent free. And then post about Occupy. Makes me lawl every time.

You and Logan are about on the same level of "are they really this stupid or are they trolling"

imanidiot777
12-01-2011, 05:37 AM

Agreed, get the fuck up and do something, and don't do it half-assed.

Steev
12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
So here's the latest update then
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/Steev_Oh84/mayhem12update-1.jpg

mastodon421
12-01-2011, 11:11 AM
So here's the latest update then
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/Steev_Oh84/mayhem12update-1.jpg

That lineup is actually pretty fucking solid so far.

kommie
12-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Lame so far, save Slipknot, and I suppose Anthrax doesn't suck, but I just don't like them.

NickLed19
12-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Looks solid, imo.

BloodoftheKings
12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Lame.

mankvill
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
welcome to mayhem fest, where we reuse the same shitty fucking bands over and over and then throw in like 1 or 2 good ones to try and justify it being a shitfest

BloodoftheKings
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
welcome to mayhem fest, where we reuse the same shitty fucking bands over and over and then throw in like 1 or 2 good ones to try and justify it being a shitfest

This.

treghet
12-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm confused... what makes this lineup solid??

BloodoftheKings
12-01-2011, 01:02 PM

idk, maybe the fact that it's incomplete and only shows 5 shit bands instead of the usual 10.

GarageMetal468
12-01-2011, 01:34 PM
If you think this is even a remotely good lineup then you've never seen a good lineup before.

NickLed19
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM

Anthrax and Hatebreed make it ok, now if they can only find 2 or 3 more solid bands.

Steev
12-01-2011, 01:55 PM

just gonna say it, none of those bands are shitty

clearly you don't like them, but they aren't shitty

and this tour has pretty much booked the same types of bands every year, so it's not like they're pulling a 180

moobys37
12-01-2011, 01:57 PM

You've obviously never been subjected to a Five Finger Death Punch song then.

Steev
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
You've obviously never been subjected to a Five Finger Death Punch song then.

actually I saw them about a week ago, are they gonna please people listening to Deicide and Six Feet Under? Probably not

but they certainly aren't shitty

Steev
12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah, and I've rarely ever seen you post outside this thread.

then you haven't looked at too many threads, like the several I've posted

larvtard
12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
just gonna say it, none of those bands are shitty

EDIT: Okay, you've posted in here 94 times and your post-count is 747...but my point still stands. I think.

Steev
12-01-2011, 02:03 PM

EDIT: Okay, you've posted in here 92 times and your post-count is 747...but my point still stands. I think.

that's like 12% of the posts then

xStructualDefect
12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Besides 5FDP, that's a solid lineup. But god damn too many fucking repeats..

TheDeadPanda
12-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe it's just because i like most of these bands.. But why does everyone complain about repeats? Isn't that what ozzfest always did? And I thought ozzfest was the tour that everyone loved.

Steev
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Maybe it's just because i like most of these bands.. But why does everyone complain about repeats? Isn't that what ozzfest always did? And I thought ozzfest was the tour that everyone loved.

I think part of it was that for awhile Mayhem avoided doing that

makethemsuffer12
12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I think part of it was that for awhile Mayhem avoided doing that

Well, the tour hasn't been around that long. It was bound to happen eventually.

I think the lineup is looking okay so far. Not amazing though. If Anthrax is on it (which I doubt), I might be justified in heading out to CT for it (Slipknot being the other band I really would want to see).

mastodon421
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Personally, I think Slipknot, Korn, As I Lay Dying, and Hatebreed are all amazing live. I have seen them all before, but they are all in the top tier of bands I've seen live. I've also never seen Anthrax and I've been dying to for quite some time. FFDP I could care less about, but it could be worse. I actually don't think Whitechapel is on this, so that (possibly) eliminates a repeat. The rest of the lineup won't be completely comprised of repeats and I'm sure they will throw in more cool bands. I am amped about this lineup and I don't give a fuck if some of these bands are repeats.

street_burial
12-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm fine with this line-up so far. i just hope hatebreed closes out the side stages so i can secure a spot on rail for main stage

velvetgrass
12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I really hope KoRn is on this next year and not just a rumor. I know they were on it in 2010 but I haven't seen them live yet and they aren't coming near Milwaukee or Chicago on the first US leg of their Path Of Totality tour. I would personally rather see Stone Sour instead of Slipknot, but if Slipknot AND KoRn were both on this like the speculations that would still be incredibly awesome.

AnthG
12-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Normally i'd be jizzing my pants at the prospect of a full Slipknot/Korn tour, but with Slipknot not being that great live these days compared to even the Vol. 3 days plus the atrocity that is the latest Korn album....meh.

imanidiot777
12-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Anybody else wishing that Dry Kill Logic would show up on one of these festivals? If they are even still together?

BloodoftheKings
12-02-2011, 07:18 AM
actually I saw them about a week ago, are they gonna please people listening to Deicide and Six Feet Under? Probably not

>implying the average metal fan actually gives a shit about Six Feet Under.

Steev
12-02-2011, 08:03 AM
>implying the average metal fan actually gives a shit about Six Feet Under.

Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, you get the point

hiddenzombie013
12-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Personally I think this line-up is looking awesome. Any way you slice it, Slipknot/Korn is a better combo than Disturbed/Godsmack. Plus, I've heard FFDP is a great live band, and I do enjoy them somewhat for what they are (you can't take them seriously though). Anthrax was good on their tour last fall, but I've been dying (no pun intended) to see As I Lay Dying again. Saw them once before I knew their stuff, now I've grown to like them. Throw on the other two, and you're off to a decent start.

mattlion
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Not sure it should be on this thread or on its own thread, but Scott Ian just tweeted to Mark Morton "looking forward to shows together in 2012". So, somewhere, maybe festivals or a tour, there will likely be an Anthrax/LoG pairing.

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, you get the point

>implying Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, and Six Feet Under all sound the same.

slapguitarer
12-03-2011, 06:20 PM

They all play guitar fast and scream 'n' shout about Satan.

duh

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2011, 06:22 PM
They all play guitar fast and scream 'n' shout about Satan.

duh

Yeah, they're not talented and original song writers like 5FDP \m/

Steev
12-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Just understand the fucking point and stop nitpicking

Magson13
12-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Just understand the fucking point and stop nitpicking

Just stop being a douchebag and stfu.

The Ginger King
12-03-2011, 07:03 PM
If these rumors are true, then its trash. They know that people that have gone to all mayhems will go to this if Anthrax on it. Half korns set will be dubstep and ffdp will be shouting "America, Fuck Yeah" for the first half and the second half they will be like "America, Fuck capitalism!" And Slipknot? All Hope Is Gone Tour: Rehashed. Cradle of Filth almost got on last year. What about this time?

Magson13
12-03-2011, 07:22 PM
They know that people that have gone to all mayhems will go to this if Anthrax on it.

Bahahahahahahahahaha

metallicbrian666
12-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Bahahahahahahahahaha
This.

Steev
12-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Just stop being a douchebag and stfu.

Done yet?

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Seems everyone has voiced their opinion. Suppose I’ll do the same. If all of these bands actually are on the tour (most are, I guess), this is a fairly shitty lineup.

Slipknot – I love SK so I’m obviously ok w/ this. Great live band. However, they’ve already headlined Mayhem, and I’d much prefer to see them do their own tour, so they get more than an hour.

Korn – I don’t mind seeing these guys, but same as SK. Already headlined, would rather see them on their own tour.

5FDP – Without as doubt one of the worst things to happen to heavy music in a long time. Disgusting, terrible, awful, insert any negative adjective here.

Anthrax – Sorry dudes, just can’t get into these guys. They definitely don’t suck live, I just really don’t have any interest in seeing them.

Hatebreed – Great live band, and I’m happy to see them here.

AILD – Eh. Don’t hate them, but there are plenty of other bands I’d rather see.

Whitechapel – I like WC, but I’ve seen them a bunch, and while I don’t think they’re bad live, I hope they either find another death metal (I know these guys are deathcore, but for the sake of argument, I’m calling them death metal) band for this tour, or the rumor that WC is on this bill is false.

My opinion on the Mayhem lineups:

2008 : 5/10
2009 : 8.5/10 (best lineup by far)
2010: 6/10
2011: 7/10
2012: 5/10

Steev
12-03-2011, 08:13 PM
2009 had the worst crowd of any Mayhem fest(funny in hindsight right?)

Basically just stop crying, you know how this tour runs and its gonna keep going the same way

09 was horrible ticket sales wise, if you don't like it move, because that's how American tours are

dcmetal108
12-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I still have had more fun at Warped tours than at Mayhem. lol.

also I think its funny how for the new people on this site this is the first thread they find.

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
2009 had the worst crowd of any Mayhem fest(funny in hindsight right?)

Basically just stop crying, you know how this tour runs and its gonna keep going the same way

09 was horrible ticket sales wise, if you don't like it move, because that's how American tours are

Not crying. Simply voicing my opinion.

This is now, what? Your 100th post in this thread? Get a life you fucking loser 5FDP-liking moron.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 10:42 PM
Says the guy who likes Slipknot and KoRn, but doesn't dig Anthrax. :tp:

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Says the guy who likes Slipknot and KoRn, but doesn't dig Anthrax. :tp:

Who the fuck are you? I've never heard of you:eyes:

Another elitist, just what we need here. And no, I'm not an elitist because I hate 5FDP. So that comeback ain't there for ya ;)

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 11:01 PM
:tp:

larvtard
12-03-2011, 11:12 PM
also I think its funny how for the new people on this site this is the first thread they find.

on the contrary, i find it fucking annoying.

also, I think they join because of the thread :tongue:

TheGrandWazoo40
12-03-2011, 11:14 PM
I guess I'm an outliar then, if Hell hadn't said what he said last I wouldn't have even had a post in this thread yet.

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I guess I'm an outliar then, if Hell hadn't said what he said last I wouldn't have even had a post in this thread yet.

I have no problems w/ people posting wherever they want. My issue was, that dude posts ~100 times in the thread, I simply make a post, voicing my opinion about the tour (which even though it's not my favorite lineup; I will still go), and the idiot tells me to stop crying. I was irritated by his comment, so I said something about his musical tastes, purposely trying to piss him off.

No problems w/ you, my friend :cool:

Magson13
12-03-2011, 11:28 PM
I was irritated by his comment, so I said something about his musical tastes, purposely trying to piss him off.

Welcome to the Dark Side :dance:

AnthG
12-03-2011, 11:32 PM
You guys are SOOOOOO Mad

MPF
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
^ Literally! Everyone seems so pissy around here lately.

Get the sand out of your vaginas you negative Nancys'.

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 11:52 PM
^ Literally! Everyone seems so pissy around here lately.

Get the sand out of your vaginas you negative Nancys'.

I prefer to call myself a Gloomy Gus.

MPF
12-04-2011, 12:10 AM
I prefer to call myself a Gloomy Gus.

Gloomy Gus', Negative Nancys', and Debbie Downers

hellawaits77ny
12-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Debbie Downers

Haven't heard that one in a while. Good one:D

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Not crying. Simply voicing my opinion.

This is now, what? Your 100th post in this thread? Get a life you fucking loser 5FDP-liking moron.

I seem to have missed the part where I express undying love for FFDP

But really, its a broken record, people pissed and moaned when Disturbed played last year too. And the year before when KoRn played. Its obvious you have no interest in this tour and to chime in every ten minutes with "oh this is the worst thing ever" is pointless. Because from it looks like the more people complain about the lineup the more successful the tour has been. And I'm pretty sure we did the post count thing already and it wasn't a good argument the first time.

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I have no problems w/ people posting wherever they want. My issue was, that dude posts ~100 times in the thread, I simply make a post, voicing my opinion about the tour (which even though it's not my favorite lineup; I will still go), and the idiot tells me to stop crying. I was irritated by his comment, so I said something about his musical tastes, purposely trying to piss him off.

No problems w/ you, my friend :cool:

Probably because its the same point every time, how many times do you need to post how you think the tour sucks? Its not like its anything new.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Because from it looks like the more people complain about the lineup the more successful the tour has been.

Probably because the shittier music gets, the greater number of sheeple get attraced...

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Probably because the shittier music gets, the greater number of sheeple get attraced...

Sheep? Really?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 02:18 AM
I applaud your literacy.

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:19 AM
I applaud your literacy.

I'm just baffled at that argument, all I can think of is the goth kids on South Park

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 02:21 AM
All I can think of are fans of the kinds of bands that usually get on this fest.

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:25 AM
All I can think of are fans of the kinds of bands that usually get on this fest.

Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, Black Dahlia Murder, Slayer, The Red Chord, Machine Head

Yeah not adding up. And pretty much any metal tour is going to have shitty people at it whether there's 50 or 5000 people.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Hahaha of course you would pick the hand full of respectable bands over the years (aside from The Red Chord). Anything to debunk an argument I suppose.

Oh shit!.. 200 posts in 2 days.

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Hahaha of course you would pick the hand full of respectable bands over the years (aside from The Red Chord). Anything to debunk an argument I suppose.

It stops being an argument when its just "oh it sucks" over and over, and obviously if "respectable" bands play every year it doesn't suck. It just happens to also have bands you don't like.

Magson13
12-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, Black Dahlia Murder, Slayer, The Red Chord, Machine Head

Yeah not adding up. And pretty much any metal tour is going to have shitty people at it whether there's 50 or 5000 people.

Three good bands across four years. You make such a compelling argument :tp:

Anything has it's group of shitty people, yes. But when the vast majority of the group is shitty people, then it's a group of shitty people with the occasional respectable person.

Epidemic Reign
12-04-2011, 04:19 AM

Congrats. Have you been counting all the buttons you've pushed as well? :lol:

street_burial
12-04-2011, 05:09 AM
the butthurt is strong in this thread :tp:

hellawaits77ny
12-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Probably because its the same point every time, how many times do you need to post how you think the tour sucks? Its not like its anything new.

I said it once :eyes:

Steev
12-04-2011, 05:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiMOKmp0uZc

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-04-2011, 07:09 AM
This thread is showing how metal fans in general are close minded, whining , elitist wannabe, hating trolls.

Good common sense dictates that if you don't like a tour, the bands involved, etc that you wouldn't waste your time and energy on something you do not like, such as debating your opinion of it on the internet. I am sure there are other tours that you may like with threads created about them which you could post in.

Also let us be careful not to feed the trolls. Haters are gonna hate but they show it even more when we encourage them by replying back to them.

So you don't like Mayhem Fest or most of the bands playing? Good. See ya around.

BlindGuardian93
12-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Any news Wolverine?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
It stops being an argument when its just "oh it sucks" over and over, and obviously if "respectable" bands play every year it doesn't suck. It just happens to also have bands you don't like.

Bands usually don't have a ton of control over what ters they get on buddy. Also, to some bands it's all about the money.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Congrats. Have you been counting all the buttons you've pushed as well? :lol:

If I have pushed buttons it's not deliberately. hahaha Also it's easier to just look at the left hand side of my post box. hehehe

dcmetal108
12-04-2011, 02:15 PM
This thread is showing how metal fans in general are close minded, whining , elitist wannabe, hating trolls.

Good common sense dictates that if you don't like a tour, the bands involved, etc that you wouldn't waste your time and energy on something you do not like, such as debating your opinion of it on the internet. I am sure there are other tours that you may like with threads created about them which you could post in.

Also let us be careful not to feed the trolls. Haters are gonna hate but they show it even more when we encourage them by replying back to them.

So you don't like Mayhem Fest or most of the bands playing? Good. See ya around.

What? It seems only the new members that join this thread only like to whine about it.

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:19 PM
What? It seems only the new members that join this thread only like to whine about it.

I can never tell who is new, just gets old with the "oh its a shitty tour and shitty bands and blah blah"

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Hope your not talking about me, cause I don't give two jiggles of a jack rabbit's ass about this ter. hahaha

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I can never tell who is new, just gets old with the "oh its a shitty tour and shitty bands and blah blah"

Thats it.

TiradesOfTruth
12-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Wolverine do you have anymore news on Mayhem Fest?

Magson13
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Wolverine do you have anymore news on Mayhem Fest?

You know who does have info? The people who run the tour. And they're going to tell you, when they feel like it.

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
You know who does have info? The people who run the tour. And they're going to tell you, when they feel like it.

This is one 0of the only good post I've ever seen from you.

llama lom
12-08-2011, 07:57 PM
:D

Steev
12-09-2011, 04:37 AM
maybe Blackguard will play now ;)

Steev
12-13-2011, 07:28 AM
"SLIPKNOT, we're going to tour Australia on the Soundwave festival, and then in late summer, we're going to go out on a summer festival tour here in the States. Yeah, that's the plan right now."

straight from Corey Taylor

Xenocide
12-13-2011, 08:27 AM
late summer? what?

street_burial
12-13-2011, 08:40 AM
le uproar?

dcmetal108
12-13-2011, 12:21 PM
le uproar?

I doubt that. They're too heavy for Uproar and I doubt Corey would ever do it.

makethemsuffer12
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM
I doubt that. Their too heavy for Uproar and I doubt Corey would ever do it.
Uhh, didn't Stone Sour play the first Uproar?

mastodon421
12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
This is a pointless arguement becuase it's been confirmed by multiple sources that Slipknot is headlining Mayhem.

dcmetal108
12-13-2011, 12:54 PM

Yea but Slipknot and Stone Sour are two different bands. (and I forgot I saw Stone Sour at the first Uproar :D:D:D:D),

To rephrase :

Slipknots too heavy for Uproar.

christopher
12-13-2011, 01:21 PM

I thought you were highlighting the fact that he used their instead of they're and then I read that your reply had nothing to do with that :lol:

dcmetal108
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I thought you were highlighting the fact that he used their instead of they're and then I read that your reply had nothing to do with that :lol:

What are you talking about? I used they're. :eyes::eyes:

kommie
12-13-2011, 03:54 PM
To rephrase :

Slipknots too heavy for Uproar.

If they were to only play All Hope is Gone material, that statement is invalid.

christopher
12-13-2011, 04:17 PM

:lol: nice edit.

Epidemic Reign
12-13-2011, 04:26 PM

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/380407_10150516470375923_545555922_11109916_113145 0049_n.jpg

dcmetal108
12-13-2011, 05:24 PM
:lol: nice edit.

Thank you very much! :D

Xenocide
12-13-2011, 06:51 PM
official lineup announcement is 1-25-12

dcmetal108
12-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Hatebreed won't be on it as Jamey just posted this off his twitter.

There are NO plans right now for Hatebreed to tour the USA in 2012. We will be touring the rest of the world & recording a new album....

xStructualDefect
12-15-2011, 01:17 PM

There are NO plans right now for Hatebreed to tour the USA in 2012. We will be touring the rest of the world & recording a new album....

Sorta happy to know Hatebreed isn't on this. They were funnest set on Mayhem '10 but it's gonna get old seeing them the same bands over and over again on Mayhem.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-15-2011, 01:18 PM

I saw that. I guess they didn't make it. This really leads me to believe that Anthrax, All That Remains & As I Lay Dying will headline the small stages although I would love to see Down or Mastodon land one of those spots.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Sorta happy to know Hatebreed isn't on this. They were funnest set on Mayhem '10 but it's gonna get old seeing them the same bands over and over again on Mayhem.

I cant argue your point but out of the repeats Hatebreed is the most fun live.

dcmetal108
12-15-2011, 04:10 PM
See I really wanted Hatebreed to be on there since I have yet to see them. Although I'm meeting the drummer Sunday so I'll see if he has any secret info.

Steev
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I saw that. I guess they didn't make it. This really leads me to believe that Anthrax, All That Remains & As I Lay Dying will headline the small stages although I would love to see Down or Mastodon land one of those spots.

Well like I said as of last month ATR were definitely in talks, and they're a bigger name so that'd help with ticket sales

And I love the idea of Anthrax, All That Remains, and As I Lay Dying all being on

Skyline Chili Buoy
12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
I cant argue your point but out of the repeats Hatebreed is the most fun live.

What would your best guess at the lineup be, given this information?

Magson13
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM

A solid guess would be January 25th's announcement.

Steev
12-15-2011, 06:36 PM

Slipknot/KoRn/Five Finger Death Punch/Anthrax/All That Remains/As I Lay Dying

mankvill
12-15-2011, 07:16 PM

Boring repetitive shit: the festival

Xenocide
12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Boring repetitive shit: the festival

Boring repetitive shit: people bitching about this festival

And as if we needed any more confirmation for Slipknot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp1tFfTDfPg&feature=g-u&context=G27e8b39FUAAAAAAADAA

Steev
12-15-2011, 07:20 PM

THIS

BlindGuardian93
12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
I know he basically confirmed it for mayhem but wouldnt late summer be more Ozzfest related?

Steev
12-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I know he basically confirmed it for mayhem but wouldnt late summer be more Ozzfest related?

I feel like they'd rather headline Mayhem given the option(which Im very sure they have)

BlindGuardian93
12-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I feel like they'd rather headline Mayhem given the option(which Im very sure they have)

I know and i agree. Just the whole "late summer" thing is bothering me. Idk why

Steev
12-15-2011, 08:10 PM
I know and i agree. Just the whole "late summer" thing is bothering me. Idk why

Watch that int video, about 7 min in its clear they're doing Mayhem

the interviewing mentions it and he just makes this face and plays off like he didn't hear the question

hellawaits77ny
12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
No Hatebreed :mad:

mankvill
12-15-2011, 09:31 PM
THIS

It is my patriotic duty to try and warn people about this terrible fest.

Sepultura69
12-15-2011, 09:42 PM

I hope Anthrax pull them selves out between that sandwich before the final announcement is made :(

Steev
12-16-2011, 04:36 AM
I hope Anthrax pull them selves out between that sandwich before the final announcement is made :(

It would be one of the biggest tours they've done in over a decade, once again difference between "not liking it" and "not a good tour", it is one of the most successful tours of recent years and would be huge for them

elturtleboy
12-16-2011, 01:15 PM
It is my patriotic duty to try and warn people about this terrible fest.

Nu- Metal> pop punk

mankvill
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Nu- Metal> pop punk

i wish i was high enough to even entertain this thought for more than a nanosecond

elturtleboy
12-16-2011, 03:14 PM
i wish i was high enough to even entertain this thought for more than a nanosecond

<3

kommie
12-16-2011, 03:46 PM
so guys, I heard that

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LIMP-BIZKIT-LOGO-EMBROIDERED-PATCH-/22/!BwEtfp!CGk~$%28KGrHqN,!hEEv1+zyBfNBMHS-nj%28ig~~_35.JPG

Will be on this.

Steev
12-16-2011, 04:16 PM
so guys, I heard that

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/LIMP-BIZKIT-LOGO-EMBROIDERED-PATCH-/22/!BwEtfp!CGk~$%28KGrHqN,!hEEv1+zyBfNBMHS-nj%28ig~~_35.JPG

Will be on this.

I did that joke like 50 pages back

and it'd still be funny

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-16-2011, 06:15 PM
If Anthrax is on the tour they would be foolish to abandon it. Slipknot - along with Metallica, Black Sabbath, SoaD, Tool & Iron Maiden - is one of the top 6 most popular metal bands in the world. Who in their right mind turns down an opportunity to win over fans from that large of a fan base?

Add in Korn, 5FDP, AILD and that means Anthrax is playing for several different genres & age groups who may not have been exposed to their music yet. Maybe the Thrax can convert some nu metal fans into new Anthrax fans.

mankvill
12-16-2011, 06:36 PM
If Anthrax is on the tour they would be foolish to abandon it. Slipknot - along with Metallica, Black Sabbath, SoaD, Tool & Iron Maiden - is one of the top 6 most popular metal bands in the world. Who in their right mind turns down an opportunity to win over fans from that large of a fan base?

Add in Korn, 5FDP, AILD and that means Anthrax is playing for several different genres & age groups who may not have been exposed to their music yet. Maybe the Thrax can convert some nu metal fans into new Anthrax fans.

I would say something about having self-respect, but I'm pretty sure Anthrax would still do it.

elturtleboy
12-16-2011, 06:45 PM

Since Slayer/Megadeth/Testament did it, its very possible.

DementedX14
12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Nu- Metal> pop punk

Damn straight. :cool:

Steev
12-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Since Slayer/Megadeth/Testament did it, its very possible.

This, honestly it sounds like this is the tour for metal bands to try and get on now(especially with so many bands openly stating how well they were treated and that they didn't have to pay like Ozzfest always did)

"Worship Music" could sell A LOT more if they do this

kommie
12-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I did that joke like 50 pages back

and it'd still be funny

I was gonna do it at some point, cause Fred Durst posted on twitter that "Big Limp Bizkit news was coming in 2012" so maybe get people thinking it was this, not long after that the big news ended up being them dropped from their record label.

Steev
12-17-2011, 06:05 AM
I was gonna do it at some point, cause Fred Durst posted on twitter that "Big Limp Bizkit news was coming in 2012" so maybe get people thinking it was this, not long after that the big news ended up being them dropped from their record label.

well I mean they did like 3 or 4 US shows since "reuniting" and all before their album came out

still would have been funny though

Magson13
12-17-2011, 01:19 PM
:cowsleep:

300%_Density
12-17-2011, 04:11 PM

LOL umadson!!!!

metallicbrian666
12-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Boring repetitive shit: Only posting in one thread on this website because you don't go to any other concerts

slapguitarer
12-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Boring repetitive shit: Only posting in one thread on this website because you don't go to any other concerts

Boring repetitive shit: boring repetitive shit

Xenocide
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM

I don't only post in this thread.

/argument

Now go be a shrimpy faggot elsewhere.

treghet
12-18-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't only post in this thread.

/argument

Now go be a shrimpy faggot elsewhere.

Well then.

BloodoftheKings
12-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Post of the year?!?!?

makethemsuffer12
12-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Well then.

:lol:

hellawaits77ny
12-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Boring repetitive shit: boring repetitive shit

:D

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Talked to the guys in Skeletonwitch today. They are in talks to play Mayhem Fest 2012 but at this time they haven't been told no or yes. Add them to rumored.

Xenocide
12-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Done. It'd be cool to see them.

TiradesOfTruth
12-26-2011, 03:41 PM
I'd be down for that.

street_burial
12-26-2011, 04:45 PM
me fucking gusta

mastodon421
12-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Fuck yeah Skeletonwitch:rocker: Would be awesome if they end up being on there.

Steev
12-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Side thought, anyone else notice this year the tour ends earlier? Also the last 2 days of the festival are the same day as Wacken. I feel like a band doing Wacken may end up on Mayhem(even if it means missing the last two shows, not like it hasn't happened before).

treghet
12-28-2011, 04:37 PM
I think you're thinking about this tour too much.

Magson13
12-28-2011, 06:26 PM
I think you're thinking about this tour too much.

I concur.

street_burial
12-29-2011, 01:44 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12242/12536010.jpg

brutal_descent
12-29-2011, 06:49 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12242/12536010.jpg

I already posted that :hmm:

300%_Density
12-29-2011, 07:58 AM
I already posted that :hmm:

I would say goddamit Ryan but that is my name so I just cannot tell him that :cool:

street_burial
12-29-2011, 09:46 AM
i know. it needed posted again. more of an emphasis thing.

Nickweiser
12-29-2011, 10:09 AM
this tour seems to oddly limit itself VERY badly. I am someone who has gone there the past 4 years. But it seems like with the 5th year, they are dwelling on WAY too many repeats. If every year is gonna dwell on so many of them, how is this gonna make room for new blood to come up and land a spot on this tour?!

Ya, Mayhem took over where Ozzfest left off but at least that tour had PLENTY of bands to help gain recognition. The only repeats they had were more than twice BLS, Ozzy(it's his fucking tour!), SOAD, Disturbed, Hatebreed and maybe Slayer. Not a fan of that "pay to play" the 2nd stage but it seems like that type of hard work did pay off for several bands playing it. It also took SEVERAL years for SOAD, Slayer to play several times. Wher Mayhem is only on its 5th year having FFDP play a 3rd freakin time. Really?!

Nickweiser
12-29-2011, 10:21 AM
On top of it within metal whether underground or mainstream, there is a super wide spectrum of bands and they choose the same ones like as if these are all the bands that the music has to offer. I understand the idea of having current names that can sell tickets, Ozzfest moved with the times as well. So will Summer Slaughter, but these aren't the ONLY bands who can sell tickets and bring in a crowd. There are MANY bands that can bring in a crowd that are considered "relevant" in today's music scene to make this show successful while staying fresh.

Revocation. Havok. Ghost. Obscura. Daath (if their even still active). Devin Townsend. That's some new or somewhat newer acts.

Amon Amarth, Soilwork, Tool, Alice In Chains, Testament(1 date doesn't count in my book), Deftones, Fear Factory are just a few of the older acts who are still relevant and successful who cand still draw a crowd.

300%_Density
12-29-2011, 11:19 AM
I think Daath is still active. Their name is Chimaira.

Seems like Mayhem is pigeonholing themselves. I'll use Rocklahoma since it is close to where I live. They did great crowds first 2-3 years. Of course there are only so many 80s hair metal bands before you repeat yourself. 2 years ago AEG took over and put in actual current bands and they are back to drawing thousands of people again. Eventually it will be to the point where we will be able to pick the line up just like people fill out brackets for March Madness.

detuned
01-01-2012, 12:46 PM
the prp reporting that slipknot, slayer and motorhead are "rumored"

they were pretty much dead on with last year's lineup well before it was announced, so this is probably legit

http://www.theprp.com/2012/01/01/news/official-rockstar-energy-drink-mayhem-festival-lineup-announcement-to-be-made-this-month/

hellawaits77ny
01-01-2012, 01:03 PM

they were pretty much dead on with last year's lineup well before it was announced, so this is probably legit

http://www.theprp.com/2012/01/01/news/official-rockstar-energy-drink-mayhem-festival-lineup-announcement-to-be-made-this-month/

PLease give us Slayer instead of 5FDP (confirmed, I guess) or Korn for the other co-headline spot.

mastodon421
01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
This would be a surprising and awesome turn of events. If this is true,I am assuming that 5FDP is still on it, Slayer is co-headlining with Slipknot, and they will stick Motorhead on in a rotating main stage opener/ side-stage headliner slot (with Anthrax and As I Lay Dying perhaps?). Korn probably dropped off because of how bad the dubstep shit is getting received.

AnataFan4Life
01-01-2012, 01:18 PM
This would be a surprising and awesome turn of events. If this is true,I am assuming that 5FDP is still on it, Slayer is co-headlining with Slipknot, and they will stick Motorhead on in a rotating main stage opener/ side-stage headliner slot (with Anthrax and As I Lay Dying perhaps?). Korn probably dropped off because of how bad the dubstep shit is getting received.

Motorhead opening for FFDP would be fucking sad.

Does this mean we need to edit the first post?

NickLed19
01-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Slayer and Motorhead would be awesome.

dallasdude18
01-01-2012, 02:32 PM
look at the Mayhem Fest 2012 Wiki page...
I don't believe it...

MPF
01-01-2012, 02:34 PM
look at the Mayhem Fest 2012 Wiki page...
I don't believe it...

That's actually not too hard to believe. although Donkey Punch billed over Motorhead.....:bouville::bouville::bouville:

Let alone Anthrax on the Jagermeister stage...

Steev
01-01-2012, 02:35 PM

I don't know, I mean id be down with that but it seems a little far fetched. Slayer especially since it seems like they'll be taking more time off unless they just go ahead without Jeff.

And a couple folks have reported that KoRn confirmed with some radio stations that they are on Mayhem.

TheDeadPanda
01-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I don't know, I mean id be down with that but it seems a little far fetched. Slayer especially since it seems like they'll be taking more time off unless they just go ahead without Jeff.

And a couple folks have reported that KoRn confirmed with some radio stations that they are on Mayhem.

A local station here said korn confirmed with them that they were on it as well.
Unless they decided to do uproar instead or something.

Nater
01-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Motorhead opening for any of those bands is sad but atleast it will make a few new fans out of some of the slipknot kiddies.

TonyD
01-01-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't wanna live in a world where this thread has 1,200 posts before the lineup is even announced.

brutal_descent
01-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't wanna live in a world where this thread has 1,200 posts before the lineup is even announced.

:eek:

slapguitarer
01-01-2012, 06:23 PM
If the Main Stage really is Slipknot, Slayer, 5FDP, and Motorhead, I'm definitely not going.

dcmetal108
01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
If the Main Stage really is Slipknot, Slayer, 5FDP, and Motorhead, I'm definitely not going.

Other than 5FDP thats an awsome set of 3.

Crionics
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
My first real post in this thread:

Let us say this rumor is true. I would love to see Slayer, Motorhead, Anthrax, and Skeletonwitch, but wouldn't care for anything else. Considering this isn't coming to Richmond and that the ticket prices will probably be a bit high, can't see myself going to this unless I have a friend that really wants to go.

TheDeadPanda
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I really hope y'all weren't holding the Wikipedia thing to be accurate.
Last year some one got on there and put soad and rammstein as the headliners and everyone freaked out and we saw how that turned out..

hellawaits77ny
01-01-2012, 07:31 PM
I really hope y'all weren't holding the Wikipedia thing to be accurate.
Last year some one got on there and put soad and rammstein as the headliners and everyone freaked out and we saw how that turned out..

Yes, I remember. There have been several tours where idiots have done shit like that, and people lose their minds.

TheDeadPanda
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Yes, I remember. There have been several tours where idiots have done shit like that, and people lose their minds.

I'm pretty sure it was that dallasdude. He likes to always try and report stuff. Woildnt be surprised if he went in there and put it up.

Xenocide
01-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Yeah the Wikipedia thing isn't holding any ground for me, but the fact that Theprp are saying Slayer and Motorhead are rumored is fantastic. They're accurate in my book because last year they came out of nowhere with the Machine Head and In Flames rumors which turned out to be true.

Slayer/Slipknot = me actually shelling out money to get good tickets to this rather than lawn

hellawaits77ny
01-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah the Wikipedia thing isn't holding any ground for me, but the fact that Theprp are saying Slayer and Motorhead are rumored is fantastic. They're accurate in my book because last year they came out of nowhere with the Machine Head and In Flames rumors which turned out to be true.

For sure. I think most people know Slipknot have been all but "officially" confirmed, but this new Slayer rumor is nice. Hopefully it's true!

And yes, I agree w/ whoever said it's a sad world we live in, where this thread has 1200+ posts before the official announcement. I'm guilty of a few

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-02-2012, 12:08 AM

If Slayer & Motorhead are on this I will be suprised. It would be great if they are but it would mean that Korn & 5FDP are likely on Uproar. Its not jiving with the info I was told BUT I'd gladly be wrong this time!!!

Also thePRP got their line up info from 2011 from me when I posted in their forums.

Steev
01-02-2012, 02:50 AM
If Slayer & Motorhead are on this I will be suprised. It would be great if they are but it would mean that Korn & 5FDP are likely on Uproar. Its not jiving with the info I was told BUT I'd gladly be wrong this time!!!

Also thePRP got their line up info from 2011 from me when I posted in their forums.

I'm ok with them doing Uproar, but it raises some questions

detuned
01-02-2012, 04:12 AM
we both know this isnt true, knock it off

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-02-2012, 07:57 AM
we both know this isnt true, knock it off

How about you knock this off: http://www.theprpboard.com/showthread.php?t=13030

Thats the post where they lifted the 2010 info from me. My 2011 info post was apparently deleted, but most members who posted here then knew I had pegged Disturbed, Godsmack, Unearth, SS and a few of the other bands.

Regardless of that I can verify that Slipknot (so obvious now), Korn & 5FDP (both bands were interviewed by a radio dj friend of mine and confirmed they will be on Mayhem) are on the mainstage in 2011 with Anthrax, AILD, Whitechapel, ATR and Skeletonwitch heavily rumored due to statements band members have made in interviews, twitter, etc. Other rumors of Slayer, Motorhead, Soilwork, Bury Your Dead, After the Burial, etc may be true but there isn't the slightest bit of evidence to support those rumors that I've seen. Not saying it wouldn't be cool if it was true, just looking like a fake rumor, especially the Slayer part of it.

Steev
01-02-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm pretty sure the part about Soilwork and Bury Your Dead came from a fake lineup I photoshopped awhile back

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-02-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm pretty sure the part about Soilwork and Bury Your Dead came from a fake lineup I photoshopped awhile back

Imagine that lol

Xenocide
01-02-2012, 08:49 AM
I just don't think they would say that Slayer and Motorhead are rumored, and not mention any other more known rumors, unless they had good reason.

Steev
01-02-2012, 08:56 AM
I just don't think they would say that Slayer and Motorhead are rumored, and not mention any other more known rumors, unless they had good reason.

Maybe for the 5th anniversary they're expanding the Main Stage

or maybe Slayer decided they wanted to come back and do a side stage(plenty of bands have done that at Ozzfest)

dcmetal108
01-02-2012, 09:04 AM

or maybe Slayer decided they wanted to come back and do a side stage(plenty of bands have done that at Ozzfest)

Slayer on side stage means that there would be deaths at every show. Imagine the entire crowd in one large circle pit! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Steev
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Slayer on side stage means that there would be deaths at every show. Imagine the entire crowd in one large circle pit! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

I could really see Slayer wanting this since most of their tours have been indoor arenas the past couple years

jd091
01-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Old school early 00's moshcore side stage maybe, with Bury Your Dead, Throwdown, and Suffocate Faster or something? :D

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Things can change. Maybe Korn and 5FDP are now headed to Uproar? But lets assume they are not. Mayhem Fest is all about making $. Korn and 5FDP will make twice as much $ for them compared to what Slayer and Motorhead will make. Slayer and Motorhead are 100 x's better imo, but its unlikely they are on Mayhem Fest this year, especially with Korn and 5FDP telling people they were locked into the tour over a month ago.

One scenario I could see happening is 5FDP changing over to Uproar. Perhaps Mayhem could have Slipknot, Korn, Slayer on the main stage with Motorhead, Anthrax, and AILD as the main stage openers/small stage headliners? Anything is possible, BUT these new rumors go against everything I have been told from a credible source.

Xenocide
01-02-2012, 10:24 AM
shit's phucked

300%_Density
01-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Old school early 00's moshcore side stage maybe, with Bury Your Dead, Throwdown, and Suffocate Faster or something? :D

I would actually be totally onboard w/ this :rocker:

Magson13
01-02-2012, 03:04 PM

It's the fourth anniversary. Get a dictionary, learn what words mean.

brutal_descent
01-02-2012, 03:10 PM
1. 2008
2. 2009
3. 2010
4. 2011
5. 2012

Learn how to count dipshit.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

mankvill
01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
1. 2008
2. 2009
3. 2010
4. 2011
5. 2012

Learn how to count dipshit.

Year 1 wasn't it's first anniversary.

When you get married, after you are married for a year, it's your first anniversary, not your second.

BloodoftheKings
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Year 1 wasn't it's first anniversary.

When you get married, after you are married for a year, it's your first anniversary, not your second.

This is true. But I'm pretty sure Steev meant they're celebrating the 5th annual, not anniversary. I guess magson isn't wrong this time but he's still a dipshit regardless.

Steev
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
This is true. But I'm pretty sure Steev meant they're celebrating the 5th annual, not anniversary. I guess magson isn't wrong this time but he's still a dipshit regardless.

when they did the 5th Rock On The Range festival, it was called the Fifth Anniversary

and when they did a 10th Ozzfest it was called the Tenth Anniversary

it's just how they do it

300%_Density
01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
This meaningless argument brought to you by your Mayhem Fest '12 thread.

Epidemic Reign
01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
This meaningless argument brought to you by your Mayhem Fest '12 thread.

We had this same exact argument a few months ago :lol:

Magson13
01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
when they did the 5th Rock On The Range festival, it was called the Fifth Anniversary

and when they did a 10th Ozzfest it was called the Tenth Anniversary

it's just how they do it

Just because they 'do it that way' does not mean it is correct.

MPF
01-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Just because they 'do it that way' does not mean it is correct.

Does it really matter?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen this post was brought to you by www.DontFeedTheTroll.com

Magson13
01-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Does it really matter?

It matters about as much as the existence of this thread.

Travis The Dragon
01-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for fucking skipping MN. yet fucking again!

MPF
01-02-2012, 05:16 PM
It matters about as much as the existence of this thread.

And all your posts.

AnataFan4Life
01-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Apparently IWABO are planning on stinking up a tour this summer, and it isn't Warped or All Stars. The only other things I can think of are this or Summer Slaughter, and dear god I hope it isn't the second one.

Steev
01-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Apparently IWABO are planning on stinking up a tour this summer, and it isn't Warped or All Stars. The only other things I can think of are this or Summer Slaughter, and dear god I hope it isn't the second one.

I had actually predicted they could do Mayhem, eh, they amuse me

dcmetal108
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I love IWABO but I know they would never be put on Summer Slaughter. I bet it's either Mayhem or they are doing their own tour.

And I heard The All Starts tour is doing another run. Hopefully they promote it better as the last one was a disaster.

Steev
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I love IWABO but I know they would never be put on Summer Slaughter. I bet it's either Mayhem or they are doing their own tour.

And I heard The All Starts tour is doing another run. Hopefully they promote it better as the last one was a disaster.

The biggest lol was booking the same arena in Reading that acts like Judas Priest and Elton John play, big surprise it was moved to a significantly smaller venue in Allentown

xStructualDefect
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
So some guy said his dad is security for one of the places mayhem will be and he said the line up is Slipknot KoRn Slayer (rotating bands) Five Finger Death Punch, Anthrax, Motörhead, Jäger Stage: As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Skeletonwitch, Extream Stage: Soilwork, Whitechapel, Bury Your Dead, and After The Burial, he said there was another small band he couldnt remember and imma say it's IWABO

Found this off absolutepunk.net forums. Not saying I believe it, but a lot of those were already rumored in the first place so I wouldn't doubt if this is actually true.

street_burial
01-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Found this off absolutepunk.net forums. Not saying I believe it, but a lot of those were already rumored in the first place so I wouldn't doubt if this is actually true.

im okay with that line-up