KoRn
Five Finger Death Punch
Hatebreed
As I Lay Dying

4 repeats, but I'd totally go to that

& The Faceless/After the Burial

llama lom
11-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Let's just hope they stick with a similar setlist to this summer's European dates - on average 2 songs from the shit stained AHIG

This, and I really wish they'd bring out Gematria, even though it will never happen for god knows what reason.

kommie
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
This, and I really wish they'd bring out Gematria, even though it will never happen for god knows what reason.

please Satan, no. Just no.

kommie
11-01-2011, 12:39 PM
So I just listened to Germatia(whatever it's called) and I don't get the big boner people have for this song.... 'Merica rules and we're gonna kill everyone else? Slipknot guitar solos are a joke to boot.

llama lom
11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I couldn't care less about lyrical content, just that I think it's more a straight-forward "metal" song then stuff they've released in the past.

Xenocide
11-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I love Gematria. It's got a great groove and it's pretty much the heaviest song off the album except for maybe AHIG.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
so we're maybe looking at

Slipknot
KoRn
Five Finger Death Punch
Hatebreed
As I Lay Dying

4 repeats, but I'd totally go to that

Slipknot is definitely gonna be there. 5FDP is likely. The others are in talks, nothing certain yet...

AnthG
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Concern with what?.. Theyre amazing live.

Concern with their performance. Yeah, they're still good live, but I wouldn't call them amazing live anymore. Same with Korn. So a Korn-Slipknot pairing doesn't have me excited the way It would have when I was 14.

Let's just hope they stick with a similar setlist to this summer's European dates - on average 2 songs from the shit stained AHIG

I'd rather more songs from AHIG then the standard Greatest hits setlist. I'd love to hear Gematria, All Hope is Gone, and This Cold Black live.

masterguy49
11-01-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm fucking pissed I'll have to go to Tampa for this shit but I'm gonna nostalgia everywhere seeing Slipknot. :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Concern with their performance. Yeah, they're still good live, but I wouldn't call them amazing live anymore. Same with Korn. So a Korn-Slipknot pairing doesn't have me excited the way It would have when I was 14.

Nah, Korn still kicks all sorts of ass live. Slipknot are great, too, but Corey just doesn't have the voice for it anymore.

dcmetal108
11-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Nah, Korn still kicks all sorts of ass live. Slipknot are great, too, but Corey just doesn't have the voice for it anymore.

Really? From what I've heard he can still do it fine. His clean vocals have grown amazingly though.

AnthG
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
His cleans are still in great shape, but he's destroyed his throat where he can't do the growls from the older and even newer songs properly. In songs like People=shit and (sic) he just aggressively talks through many of the verses.

I did see Korn on MAAW this year, and I thought they were great, so i'll give them that. But I still think you're missing the point in what I was making....which is not that either band is bad, but that they're not at the level they once were when I would have been massively excited for this tour like 7-8 years ago.

Xenocide
11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah he can't really scream anymore. At least he's not like David Draiman who can't really sing OR scream anymore...

dtgamerat
11-01-2011, 05:02 PM
No further confirmations needed for the top biller. The official Mayhem Facebook page finally revealed Slipknot to be the main headliner.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/MayhemFestival2012

TiradesOfTruth
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Too bad that's not the official facebook account.

MPF
11-01-2011, 05:07 PM

You mean there's not only 177 people who like Mayhem Festival 2012????

:eek::eek::eek:

Steev
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM

Pretty much, even when its blatantly obvious the headliner is never official til Jan/Feb

Xenocide
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
No it wasn't? The lineup was and always has been announced late january.

Steev
11-01-2011, 06:26 PM
No it wasn't? The lineup was and always has been announced late january.

this year it was beginning of Feb but the site fucked up and leaked images in Jan

dallasdude18
11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Hey guys I just found out most of the lineup from a extremely good sorce that works at the rockstar camp!

Main Stage:
Slipknot
Korn
5FDP

Rotating Main Stage Openers:
Mushroomhead
As I Lay Dying
Hatbreed

All of the above bands are confirmed.
Bands that are not officially confirmed:
Parkway Drive
After The Burial

He also told me the Uproar Festival 2012 Lineup:
Main Stage:
Alice In Chains
Staind (100% Confirmed)
The Used
Crossfade
Black Veil Brides

2nd Stage:
Hollywood Undead

He also mentioned that Rammstein was on the Mayhem Festival 2012 lineup then dropped off to do there own tour. He also said that the Rammstein lineup is going to be very diverse.
Rammstein Tour Lineup:
Rammstein
Manson
Asking Alexandria

Thats all I know as of right now!!

Xenocide
11-02-2011, 08:51 AM
this year it was beginning of Feb but the site fucked up and leaked images in Jan

No it wasn't. It was supposed to be released like January 20 but was postponed until January 25.

TheDeadPanda
11-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Sooooo is that guy trust worthy?

BlindGuardian93
11-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Sooooo is that guy trust worthy?

Thats what i was thinking.

TheDeadPanda
11-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Id like to believe it. Especially if rammstein Actually came around.

Nater
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Speaking of Uproar...Are The Used even big enough to be on the Main stage? does any 14 year old even care about them anymore?

llama lom
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm calling absolute bullshit. Like it's been said a million times in this thread already, Mayhem already tried to get Rammstein but they won't do it due to costs, time to set up the stage, etc. I doubt Rammstein would even think for a minute of doing it after they had rejected it a first time. Also, 6 out of 12 isn't most, it's half.

Steev
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm calling absolute bullshit. Like it's been said a million times in this thread already, Mayhem already tried to get Rammstein but they won't do it due to costs, time to set up the stage, etc. I doubt Rammstein would even think for a minute of doing it after they had rejected it a first time. Also, 6 out of 12 isn't most, it's half.

BOTH Rammstein and System Of A Down turned the tour down

Steev
11-02-2011, 10:27 AM
so yeah if Mushroomhead does Mayhem Ill be very surprised

as for the Uproar lineup, I can see AIC and Staind, but that's all

and LMFAO at the Rammstein tour, I hope that happens if only to see the crowds subjected to Asking Alexandria

kommie
11-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Haven't Rammstein usually gotten European bands to support them here?

Steev
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Speaking of Uproar...Are The Used even big enough to be on the Main stage? does any 14 year old even care about them anymore?

*shrugs

last time I even heard anything from them they headlined the side stage at Rock On The Range in 2009

xStructualDefect
11-02-2011, 01:34 PM
I doubt that's true due to the fact that Parkway Drive has said they won't be back in the U.S. until August.

AnthG
11-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey guys I just found out most of the lineup from a extremely good sorce that works at the rockstar camp!

Main Stage:
Slipknot
Korn
5FDP

Mushroomhead
As I Lay Dying
Hatbreed

All of the above bands are confirmed.
Bands that are not officially confirmed:
Parkway Drive
After The Burial

Even if that is true, yuck. I'm down with Slipknot and Korn...but ugh to the other bands.

MPF
11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Hollywood Undead

He also mentioned that Rammstein was on the Mayhem Festival 2012 lineup then dropped off to do there own tour. He also said that the Rammstein lineup is going to be very diverse.
Rammstein Tour Lineup:
Rammstein
Manson
Asking Alexandria

Thats all I know as of right now!!

Is American Gothic on this as well :lol:

Magson13
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
3 posts on this forum make this guy as reliable as Joseph Smith.

mankvill
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
cmon guys, he has a good sorce

MPF
11-02-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not going to knock this guy quite yet. Everyone thought this of WOLVERINEKILLS as well at first, and he is a pretty reliable guy. If this turns out to be wrong, then feel free to bash him all you want, but until then, it could be true.

It could be true I'm headlining Mayhem as well according to a source I have (myself),

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I know DallasDude18 a bit. So far he has been an honest guy with good intentions. While I cannot verify his source or all of the info, what he says sounds reasonable, the bands are very possible and most of us here were thinking all of the bands he named were likely going to play except for Mushroomhead (who briefly filled in on Mayhem Fest a few years back).

As for Uproar and Rammstein, no idea. I do know AiC cancelled their plans to tour the US in late 2011/early 2012 for some reason. They are working on a new album which they pushed up the date to begin production for some reason. Sounds very possible they could land on Uproar... hell, they would be an excellent choice imo. AiC and Staind is alot better than Distrubed or A7X.

Xenocide
11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
If Staind is on Uproar I'll probably go.

stylesclash516
11-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Rammstein Tour Lineup:
Rammstein
Manson
Asking Alexandria

I can tell you're bullshitting right there. Rammstein, when and if they tour the US in the spring of 2012, will have the Deathstars open for them and no one else. They have always used the same support as they do for their European dates and also don't like to get big(ish) names to open for them (ex: Marilyn Manson).

dcmetal108
11-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I can tell you're bullshitting right there. Rammstein, when and if they tour the US in the spring of 2012, will have the Deathstars open for them and no one else. They have always used the same support as they do for their European dates and also don't like to get big(ish) names to open for them (ex: Marilyn Manson).

Thats what I was thinking. Plus I don't see Manson wanting to open for anyone lmao.

Also that Uproar seems iffy with The Used being main stage and Hollywood Undead playing 2nd stage. I don't like either but based on who makes more money HU would be mainstage.

Magson13
11-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Also that Uproar seems iffy with The Used being main stage and Hollywood Undead playing 2nd stage. I don't like either but based on who makes more money HU would be mainstage.

Sevendust headlined the sidestage this year, with Escape the Fate on the main stage.

AnthG
11-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I think headlining the second stage can (and sometimes should) go to a bigger band than someone who's simply opening the main stage. A good example is Ozzfest 2004 when Slipknot headlined the second stage while Superjoint Ritual and Dimmu Borgir played the main stage.

Dissimulate
11-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I can tell you're bullshitting right there. Rammstein, when they tour the US in the spring of 2012, will have the Deathstars open for them and no one else. They have always used the same support as they do for their European dates and also don't like to get big(ish) names to open for them (ex: Marilyn Manson).

I'm not saying that Manson opening can't happen, but I will say that I don't want it to happen.

kommie
11-02-2011, 10:25 PM
It's really nice that people getting to the point that Magson posts, and no one responds to him, people are realizing they can just ignore it.

dallasdude18
11-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Hey guys I have more awesome info to tell you!!

Mayhem Festival 2012 - Mayhem Festival 2012 is looking to be like this!

Main Stage:

Slipknot (CONFIRMED)

Korn (CONFIRMED)

5FDP (CONFIRMED)

Mushroomhead (CONFIRMED)

As I Lay Dying (CONFIRMED)

Hatebreed (CONFIRMED)

2nd and 3rd Stage Bands:

Soilwork

Born Of Osiris

Parkway Drive

Veil Of Maya

After the Burial

(All bands under the 2nd and 3rd Stage bands section will be confirmed and signed on Friday November 4th 2011)

Ozzfest 2012 (The Return Of Ozzfest) - Ozzfest is being confirmed right now and through out the next 2-3 weeks they will be confirming and signing bands that are listed as follows:

Main Stage:

Black Sabbath (Last Sabbath Tour Ever!)

System Of A Down (Official Reunion Tour From North America)

Megedath

Machine Head

Trivium

Testament

2nd Stage:

Lamb of God (LoG chose specifically to be in this spot on the tour)

Suicide Silence

All Shall Perish

The bands that will be signing next week out of the bands listed above will be the 3 Main bands (Sabbath, SOAD and Megadeth). This tour is going to be huge! this will not just be 5-6 dates.

Spring Metal Masters Tour 2012:

The Spring Metal Masters Tour will be announced sometime this December and it will be the return of Black Sabbath!

Lineup:

Black Sabbath

Judas Priest

Motorhead

Machine Head

Anthrax

(All bands above are confirmed for this tour as of right now.)

Uproar Festival 2012:

Main Stage:

Alice In Chains

Staind

Black Label Society

All That Remains

Hollywood Undead

Black Veil Brides

2nd Stage:

Crossfades

Every band above is confirmed as of right now.

Rammstein/Marilyn Manson Coheadlining 2012 Summer Tour:

This tour was made because Rammstein dropped off the Mayhem Festival 2012 tour and wanted to make there own to compete with Mayhem and Ozzfest 2012. Rammstein made the lineup extremely diverse purposely.

Lineup:

Rammstein

Manson

Behemoth

Dimmu Borgir

(Asking Alexandria used to be on this lineup but then dropped off.)

Lamb of God - Will be touring North America in the beginning of 2012, 1st Leg of the NA tour will be announced on November 15th 2011, LoG is also being confirmed to sign with Ozzfest 2012 and they are wanting to headline the 2nd Stage on all dates.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS 2012=METAL!!:rocker:

illuminatus917
11-02-2011, 11:03 PM

Main Stage:

Slipknot (CONFIRMED)

Korn (CONFIRMED)

5FDP (CONFIRMED)

Mushroomhead (CONFIRMED)

Hatebreed (CONFIRMED)

2nd and 3rd Stage Bands:

Soilwork

Born Of Osiris

Parkway Drive

Veil Of Maya

After the Burial

(All bands under the 2nd and 3rd Stage bands section will be confirmed and signed on Friday November 4th 2011)

Ozzfest 2012 (The Return Of Ozzfest) - Ozzfest is being confirmed right now and through out the next 2-3 weeks they will be confirming and signing bands that are listed as follows:

Main Stage:

Megedath

Machine Head

Trivium

Testament

2nd Stage:

Suicide Silence

All Shall Perish

The bands that will be signing next week out of the bands listed above will be the 3 Main bands (Sabbath, SOAD and Megadeth). This tour is going to be huge! this will not just be 5-6 dates.

The Spring Metal Masters Tour will be announced sometime this December and it will be the return of Black Sabbath!

Lineup:

Black Sabbath

Judas Priest

Motorhead

Machine Head

Anthrax

Uproar Festival 2012:

Main Stage:

Alice In Chains

Staind

Black Label Society

All That Remains

Hollywood Undead

Black Veil Brides

2nd Stage:

Crossfades

This tour was made because Rammstein dropped off the Mayhem Festival 2012 tour and wanted to make there own to compete with Mayhem and Ozzfest 2012. Rammstein made the lineup extremely diverse purposely.

Lineup:

Rammstein

Manson

Behemoth

Dimmu Borgir

Lamb of God - Will be touring North America in the beginning of 2012, 1st Leg of the NA tour will be announced on November 15th 2011, LoG is also being confirmed to sign with Ozzfest 2012 and they are wanting to headline the 2nd Stage on all dates.

Is this legitimate? I mean... :eek:

TheDeadPanda
11-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Youre either amazing or pretty good at making good lineups. I dont want to get my hopes up though...

llama lom
11-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I just honestly can't believe any of this. With Nergal having just said that Behemoth will be having an extreme tour, I doubt they'll be going from that to touring with Rammstein and Marilyn Manson.

TheDeadPanda
11-02-2011, 11:42 PM
I just honestly can't believe any of this. With Nergal having just said that Behemoth will be having an extreme tour, I doubt they'll be going from that to touring with Rammstein and Marilyn Manson.

haha i dont think anyone is going to believe it... its too good to be true.
and everyone on here is negative about everything anyways haha.
mayhem seems believable.. and some of uproar but thats about it to me

hellawaits77ny
11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
If it is indeed true, I'm more excited for Ozzfest than Mayhem. I like Slipknot, Korn and Hatebreed, but other than Soilwork, i don't really dig any of the other side stage bands. Mayhem Fest is always a fun time, though and I still look forward to it every year.

Sepultura69
11-03-2011, 12:05 AM

Main Stage:

Slipknot (CONFIRMED)

Korn (CONFIRMED)

5FDP (CONFIRMED)

Mushroomhead (CONFIRMED)

Hatebreed (CONFIRMED)

2nd and 3rd Stage Bands:

Soilwork

Born Of Osiris

Parkway Drive

Veil Of Maya

After the Burial

Main Stage:

Megedath

Machine Head

Trivium

Testament

2nd Stage:

Suicide Silence

All Shall Perish

Lineup:

Black Sabbath

Judas Priest

Motorhead

Machine Head

Anthrax

Uproar Festival 2012:

Main Stage:

Alice In Chains

Staind

Black Label Society

All That Remains

Hollywood Undead

Black Veil Brides

2nd Stage:

Crossfades

Lineup:

Rammstein

Manson

Behemoth

Dimmu Borgir

DA FUCK?

If this is true...well then holly jimmerz, I just shat in my cunt. :hecho:

orlandodavis
11-03-2011, 12:24 AM
http://www.ozzfest.com/forum/index.php?topic=106037.0

stylesclash516
11-03-2011, 02:56 AM

Lineup:

Rammstein

Manson

Behemoth

Dimmu Borgir

Oh come on, this alone leads me to believe everything the guy says is just a guess. First it was Asking Alexandria and now it's Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir? :tp:

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-03-2011, 03:45 AM
Metal Masters & the Behemoth tour should be announced soon and that will tell us how legitimate his source is.

Suprised I am not seeing KsE or Mastodon involved in these line ups...

rugbyman
11-03-2011, 03:53 AM
i think some of the side stage bands for mayhem are wrong. parkway drive said that they were not going to be back in the U.S. until august and i heard born of osiris is confirmed for warped. also i might be able to ask anthrax and testament about metal masters and ozzfest saturday.

NickLed19
11-03-2011, 04:08 AM
If this Metal Masters shit is true, thats gonna be crazy. I will travel 5 or 6 hours to see that.

IrritatedTrout
11-03-2011, 04:28 AM
C'mon you guys, you don;t actually believe him do you.:lol: I'd love for it to be true but why would Sabbath tour in the Spring and then tour with Ozzfest in the summer? And why would Sharon pay for SOAD if she already has Sabbath to headline Ozzfest as their "final tour"?

treghet
11-03-2011, 04:43 AM
And the mindless speculation thread becomes more irrational by the day...

metallicbrian666
11-03-2011, 04:56 AM
And the mindless speculation thread becomes more irrational by the day...
My sources have all been telling me that Ozzy is headlining Mayhem 2012 with Dying Fetus as his backing band. The people in this thread don't know what they're talking about.

treghet
11-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Hm, that's odd, because I was told that Odd Future was going to be direct support.

brutal_descent
11-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Hm, that's odd, because I was told that Odd Future was going to be direct support.

:tp: I don't know who's been telling you that, because my guy on the inside guarantees it's the Arctic Monkeys.

mastodon421
11-03-2011, 05:30 AM
:tp: I don't know who's been telling you that, because my guy on the inside guarantees it's the Arctic Monkeys.

That's funny because my inside source said the Fleet Foxes are direct support with Big Time Rush in the other opening slot.

brutal_descent
11-03-2011, 05:33 AM
That's funny because my inside source said the Fleet Foxes are direct support with Big Time Rush in the other opening slot.

Maybe they're co-headlining? ;)

mastodon421
11-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Maybe they're co-headlining? ;)

We can only hope;)

brutal_descent
11-03-2011, 05:42 AM
We can only hope;)

Man, I never thought I'd join the parade here, but this thread is bullshit. Someone lock this and start a new one up when they actually announce this shit :lol:

kommie
11-03-2011, 05:45 AM
As much as I want to think that Ozzfest is bullshit..... if Sabbath is main stage and Lamb of God are side stage headliners..... Fuck Mayhem with a rusty iron sword.

brutal_descent
11-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Six of those bands on Ozzfest were on Mayhem this year :lol:

kommie
11-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Six of those bands on Ozzfest were on Mayhem this year :lol:

Didn't really notice that till now, Mayhem always sucks though.

Steev
11-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Seems so insanely fake

But if any of those tours are real I will go

Xenocide
11-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Man, I never thought I'd join the parade here, but this thread is bullshit. Someone lock this and start a new one up when they actually announce this shit :lol:

Yeah, we don't want to use too much of that limited forum space. :hmm:

treghet
11-03-2011, 06:18 AM

Bro, calm your tits.

IrritatedTrout
11-03-2011, 07:04 AM

Not on this shit.

Steev
11-03-2011, 07:38 AM
ok, so maybe it ends up like this(will edit when more concrete info comes)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Davidian/mayhem5th.jpg

kommie
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Seriously, there is no need for 6 fucking bands on the main stage, why do people keep predicting 6 bands for the main stage?

Nater
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm jizzing myself over Metal Masters. If that happened I would drive a very long distance to see it. I like Ozzfest but I couldn't sit through SOAD to see Sabbath

brutal_descent
11-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Seriously, there is no need for 6 fucking bands on the main stage, why do people keep predicting 6 bands for the main stage?

The top three are permanently on the mainstage - the lower three switch, with one at a time headlining (or opening, if it's the mainstage) stages.

kommie
11-03-2011, 10:38 AM
The top three are permanently on the mainstage - the lower three switch, with one at a time headlining (or opening, if it's the mainstage) stages.

That still makes no sense, so one day one band will play but not the other two?

TheDeadPanda
11-03-2011, 10:40 AM

Noooo one will play main stage. The other two will finish the side stages

moobys37
11-03-2011, 10:41 AM
My sources tell me there's a 95% chance I won't be going to this next year.

brutal_descent
11-03-2011, 10:48 AM

One of the three bands will open the mainstage for a third of the tour while the other two headline side-stages, the other third another band gets to open the mainstage while the other two headline side-stages, and so on for the last third.

mankvill
11-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Bal-Sagoth confirmed for second stage.

Seriously.

I know a guy. Look em up.

Xenocide
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
^ I don't fully believe you but I looked them up and I like.

Xenocide
11-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Also, there's a post of yours on StumbleUpon.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2qwXep/www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php%3Ftopic_id%3D10190

Steev
11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
One of the three bands will open the mainstage for a third of the tour while the other two headline side-stages, the other third another band gets to open the mainstage while the other two headline side-stages, and so on for the last third.

I was unaware this was such a hard concept to grasp

TheDeadPanda
11-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I asked the trivium drummer if it was true about them
Being on and he said it wasn't true. It's on his personal Facebook page if you wish to see for yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicholas-Augusto/215918408424117

snowdog2112
11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
ok, so maybe it ends up like this(will edit when more concrete info comes)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Davidian/mayhem5th.jpg

This would be good:party:

illuminatus917
11-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Bal-Sagoth confirmed for second stage.

Seriously.

I know a guy. Look em up.

:lol: Bal-Sagoth?

That's even more random than Red Fang.

metallicbrian666
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
^ I don't fully believe you but I looked them up and I like.
>Implying that you actually think they have a chance

You're a dumbass

Xenocide
11-03-2011, 02:39 PM
And you're a tool. Anything new?

MPF
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I love seeing Preteens fighting about Mayhem festival.

:lol:

hellawaits77ny
11-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I love seeing Preteens fighting about Mayhem festival.

:D

illuminatus917
11-03-2011, 07:09 PM
>notice the same people post over and over in this thread but never anywhere else...
>implying all they care about in music is Mayhem Festival
>pathetic

Am I turning to an internet hipster like mankvill :eek: :eyes:

mankvill
11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
>notice the same people post over and over in this thread but never anywhere else...
>pathetic

:cool: come to the dark side!

illuminatus917
11-03-2011, 07:37 PM
:cool: come to the dark side!

There actually is something humorous about it.

Xenocide
11-04-2011, 03:57 AM
>pathetic

I've said before, I lurk in other threads.

dallasdude18
11-04-2011, 06:58 AM
I have more news about Ozzfest 2012!!

Lineup:
Black Sabbath
System Of A Down
Megadeth
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head

2nd Stage Headliners:
Lamb Of God
Testament
Suicide Silence

2nd Stage Rotating Order Bands:
36 Crazyfists
Impending Doom
All Shall Perish
Dirge Within

All these bands are confirmed as of right now!!

There will be 29 dates and all I know is that 3 of them are San Bernadino,CA, Seattle, WA and Bristow, VA!!

This is going to be sweet!!!

Steev
11-04-2011, 07:15 AM

Lineup:
Black Sabbath
System Of A Down
Megadeth
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head

2nd Stage Headliners:
Lamb Of God
Testament
Suicide Silence

36 Crazyfists
Impending Doom
All Shall Perish
Dirge Within

There will be 29 dates and all I know is that 3 of them are San Bernadino,CA, Seattle, WA and Bristow, VA!!

If that's real cool, but man they're copying Mayhem hard

kommie
11-04-2011, 08:02 AM
What was awesome about Ozzfest is that for the most part, Sharon would get bands that are both radio-rock bands that sell tickets, and bands more 'underground' so it was a diverse lineup, that isn't that great if it's real, which it probably isn't.

RAZOR
11-04-2011, 09:33 AM
That's...pretty bad. :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Lineup:
Black Sabbath
System Of A Down
Megadeth
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head

2nd Stage Headliners:
Lamb Of God
Testament
Suicide Silence

36 Crazyfists
Impending Doom
All Shall Perish
Dirge Within

What happened to Trivium? Nice that they added KsE. They usually never plan Ozzfest this early but Sabbath is playing the Grasspop Euro festival so maybe it is true. One thing to consider is that your source said it would be a few weeks before bands were signed only to tell you a few days later that all those bands are confirmed? Hope your source is right but it sounds fishy...

Another thing that doesn't add up is Sabbath on the metal masters tour this spring then returning less than 6 months later with Ozzfest. If Ozzfest has 29 dates then the Metal Masters tour must be extremely short & will hit smaller, less visited markets. Doesn't add up.

GarageMetal468
11-04-2011, 01:45 PM
That's...pretty bad. :lol:

Yeah no kidding. I think I'll stick to MDF for a good American METAL festival.

illuminatus917
11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah no kidding. I think I'll stick to MDF for a good American METAL festival.

:fist:

Or ROD.

xStructualDefect
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM
That's a pretty good lineup. Dunno how reliable this source is but if it's true I'd go to it.

daimonos
11-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Lamb of God and Testament on the second stage would be fantastic, and it'd be cool to see System of a Down again. I saw them on Ozzfest 2006. I doubt this is real, but Ii'd rather see Sabbath on their own tour instead of this, unless of course the lineup ends up being better.

kommie
11-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I heard they're gonna turn this into a Hottest Chicks in the Music Industry like tour and have Paramore, In This Moment, Within Temptation, Walls of Jericho, Lacuna Coil and Evanescense like bands on it.

Epidemic Reign
11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
I heard they're gonna turn this into a Hottest Chicks in the Music Industry like tour and have Paramore, In This Moment, Within Temptation, Walls of Jericho, Lacuna Coil and Evanescense like bands on it.

I wouldn't be surprised. It would suck though, cause none of the hottest chicks in music are in any of those bands.

moobys37
11-07-2011, 10:11 AM

Walls of Jericho's still a thing?

xskizzelzx90x
11-07-2011, 11:45 AM
turn what into the hottest chicks tour? mayhem or ozzfest?

larvtard
11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Main stage rules. SOAD's one of my favorite bands, and I'd love to see Sabbath and Machine Head. As far as the second stage goes, Testament's amazing live and Lamb of God would be cool to live. Fuck the third stage.

I'd go :fist:

kommie
11-07-2011, 12:42 PM
turn what into the hottest chicks tour? mayhem or ozzfest?

Well, ya know, this is the Mayhem thread.

xskizzelzx90x
11-07-2011, 09:13 PM
yeah but like the past 10 pages of this thread have been going back and forth between mayhem and ozzfest, esp the more recent ones. just double checking...:eyes:

dallasdude18
11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
This is Jordan's (Drummer of AILD) answer to "Will As I Lay Dying Be At Mayhem Festival 2012?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sHyiJfaRs8

Bigstu_13
11-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Black Sabbath
Judas Preist
Motorhead
Megadeth
Slayer
Alice in Chains
Machine Head
Anthrax

Im happy with the original but this would be even better

kommie
11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Black Sabbath
Judas Preist
Motorhead
Megadeth
Slayer
Alice in Chains
Machine Head
Anthrax

Why would Sharon book her husband's band to be on the tour that 'killed' Ozzfest?

Maidenmagic
11-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Remember, most of the bands have to be trendy and current for this festival.

daimonos
11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Why would Sharon book her husband's band to be on the tour that 'killed' Ozzfest?

This tour didn't 'kill' Ozzfest. Ozzfest took a couple years off so of course people are going to jump at an opportunity to be the 'new' Ozzfest. When Ozzfest did the small tour in 2010, there were more people at the Pittsburgh Ozzfest than there were for Mayhem, and everyone at the Mayhem show said that it was the biggest date on the tour so far.

kommie
11-10-2011, 04:09 PM
This tour didn't 'kill' Ozzfest. Ozzfest took a couple years off so of course people are going to jump at an opportunity to be the 'new' Ozzfest. When Ozzfest did the small tour in 2010, there were more people at the Pittsburgh Ozzfest than there were for Mayhem, and everyone at the Mayhem show said that it was the biggest date on the tour so far.

thanks captain obvious

Xenocide
11-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Black Sabbath
Judas Preist
Motorhead
Megadeth
Slayer
Alice in Chains
Machine Head
Anthrax

da fuq

illuminatus917
11-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Someone should assassinate Sharon Osbourne.

dcmetal108
11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Someone should assassinate Sharon Osbourne.

Agreed

TheDeadPanda
11-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Not that anyone needed more confirmation about 5fdp but at the end of the concert he said see you next summer.

dallasdude18
11-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Not that anyone needed more confirmation about 5fdp but at the end of the concert he said see you next summer.

what concert?

MPF
11-13-2011, 12:34 AM
what concert?

Behemoth/Attack! Attack!/Opeth/Deicide/The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza

November 12th, US Ambassador Building, Antarctica

*Psst, it was a Five Finger Donkey Punch Show*

stylesclash516
11-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Behemoth/Attack! Attack!/Opeth/Deicide/The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza

November 12th, US Ambassador Building, Antarctica

I was there, setlists and review coming soon.

Steev
11-13-2011, 04:42 AM

In Camden last year Mayhem had almost twice the crowd of Ozzfest

TheDeadPanda
11-13-2011, 06:21 AM
what concert?

At..the 5fdp concert.. The lead singer of the band, 5fdp, said they'd be back in the summer.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Guys...

Slipknot
5FDP

Are set in stone. Multiple confirmation from different sources.

Korn
Hatebreed
AILD

Are very likely.

Mushroomhead & the other bands Dallas listed I have no clue about. Nothing confirming or denying either way.

dcmetal108
11-13-2011, 09:26 AM
I'd love to see Slipknot, AILD, Korn, and HATEBREED!!!! I just wish 5FDP would drop dead.

mankvill
11-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Guys...

Bal-Sagoth have confirmed themselves that they'll be on it.

Personally, I'm stoked. Love the band and can't wait for them to get a huge break.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Guys...

Bal-Sagoth have confirmed themselves that they'll be on it.

Personally, I'm stoked. Love the band and can't wait for them to get a huge break.

Haha.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Rumor killer:

Phil Labonte confirmed to me that they are not on that tour but would love to be. He states he has "no idea what Uproar is going to do."

Steev
11-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Rumor killer:

Phil Labonte confirmed to me that they are not on that tour but would love to be. He states he has "no idea what Uproar is going to do."

well considering they got shafted on the tour last year who knows

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-13-2011, 09:48 AM
True. I was posting in reference to the Uproar rumors. :)

AnataFan4Life
11-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Don't they usually get a band or two from the previous year's Summer Slaughter lineup?

mastodon421
11-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Don't they usually get a band or two from the previous year's Summer Slaughter lineup?

It tends to be 1 band from the previous Summer Slaughter every year (If I was a gambler, I would it say it would be Whitechapel or As Blood Runs Black on this year's mayhem) and there is always 1 band from the previous Mayhem that will do Warped Tour the following year (probably All Shall Perish).

AnataFan4Life
11-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Well Whitechapel is supposedly being interviewed tonight apparently by Rock and Metal News

Steev
11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Well Whitechapel is supposedly being interviewed tonight apparently by Rock and Metal News

they could always just have a higher side stage slot(like Suicide Silence this past year)

dallasdude18
11-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Yup RockAndMetalNewz will be interviewing Whitechapel tonight and they will be asking if Whitechapel is on Mayhem, Summer Slaughter (again), or warped.

dallasdude18
11-13-2011, 11:45 AM
What other questions should RockAndMetalNewz ask whitechapel?? comment in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvlxn5z204I

hellawaits77ny
11-13-2011, 01:31 PM
(probably All Shall Perish).

Please no. There's usually only 2 bands I like on Warped Tour, can't bring myself to watch a bunch of bands I don't like to see ASP.

Xenocide
11-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Isn't Rock n Metal News that youtube channel that just makes videos based on everything posted here and cites them as "inside sources"? lolz

mastodon421
11-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Isn't Rock n Metal News that youtube channel that just makes videos based on everything posted here and cites them as "inside sources"? lolz

Yeah, they are pretty awful.

Magson13
11-13-2011, 03:30 PM

Probably that dallasdude guy. With the way he promotes the shit. Hah

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-13-2011, 03:55 PM
DallasDude is a good guy. I have to say, I think his sources on Ozzfest/Uproar are way off on their info, but just because he has wrong info doesn't make him a bad guy.

However he did find some info about Uproar that is true. I am sure he will post it after he finds out if Whitechapel is touring this summer.

dallasdude18
11-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey guys! RockAndMetalNewz interviewed Whitechapel a couple of hours ago and thf ront man said they wont be a Warped Tour 2012 but he said Mayhem 2012 is "very likely"! Video will be up soon! Stay tuned!

dallasdude18
11-14-2011, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRNSn9bOcck - Sounds to me like Whitechapel is on Mayhem Fest 2012 because Phil talked about Warped, Mayhem and Summer Slaughter. He shut down Warped.. then he said they wont be on Slaughter because they were on that this year. Then he says, "Mayhem is definitively likely to happen"! He also mentioned in this interview that Whitechapel's new album is coming out in Summer 2012 so around Unearth was this year.

Xenocide
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that they're playing a European festival in July that is the same date as a Mayhem date, so if they are on they'll be missing some.

dcmetal108
11-14-2011, 02:07 PM
My love for Whitechapel would make me happy for them to be on there.

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I like WC, but these fuckers better not get a headlining second stage spot.

AnataFan4Life
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I like WC, but these fuckers better not get a headlining second stage spot.

They will probably end up where Suicide Silence was this year.

Steev
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM

I said the same thing, its some kind of upgrade but they aren't headlining a stage or anything

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM

They headlinded the Jager stage, right?

Steev
11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
They headlinded the Jager stage, right?

They played the Revolver stage going on before the headliner

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 06:50 PM
They played the Revolver stage going on before the headliner

That's right. If that's the case, I could deal w/ that. Like I said, I like WC, but they're overrated, and shouldn't headline one of the side stages. Of all the shitty ass bands that have been on Mayhem, I would prefer WC to many of them.

Magson13
11-14-2011, 09:18 PM
When White Chapel did that club tour not too long ago, it came here for.... I wanna say $16. But I cannot remember exactly, because I did not give a shit about the show, at all. Now, Machine Head is headlining the same club, for $18, with support from Suicide Silence. White Chapel's tour had no real drawing openers, from what I could tell.... Of course, I don't know who draws scene kids in terms of openers, so I could be wrong. But from this, I wouldn't be surprised if White Chapel was a sidestage headliner.

TheDeadPanda
11-14-2011, 10:42 PM
When White Chapel did that club tour not too long ago, it came here for.... I wanna say $16. But I cannot remember exactly, because I did not give a shit about the show, at all. Now, Machine Head is headlining the same club, for $18, with support from Suicide Silence. White Chapel's tour had no real drawing openers, from what I could tell.... Of course, I don't know who draws scene kids in terms of openers, so I could be wrong. But from this, I wouldn't be surprised if White Chapel was a sidestage headliner.

I hate your logic.

jd091
11-15-2011, 12:22 AM

Whitechapel

One word. One of my biggest pet peeves.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 12:22 AM
I hate your logic.

It is what I am best at. :finger:

Magson13
11-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Whitechapel

One word. One of my biggest pet peeves.

Huh? What about White Chapel?

jd091
11-15-2011, 01:55 AM
/unsubscribe

See you in April, bitches.

brutal_descent
11-15-2011, 01:56 AM
/unsubscribe

Wait, you actually subscribe to threads? :lol:

Magson13
11-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Wait, you actually subscribe to threads? :lol:

This thread, nonetheless....... Baha

RAZOR
11-15-2011, 05:47 AM
/unsubscribe

What a dork. :p

TheDeadPanda
11-15-2011, 07:24 AM
It is what I am best at. :finger:

Doesn't mean it always makes sense..

dcmetal108
11-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Are you talking about their Welcome To Hell Tour? The one with Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Are you talking about their Welcome To Hell Tour? The one with Acacia Strain and Veil Of Maya.

Fuck if I know, it should be very well known that I do not care for that scene, and I do not pay attention much to it. I just know White Chapel headlines a club here, for around $16

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Just in case there was any doubt left about Slipknot headlining Mayhem Fest 2012 I can tell you all that I talked to a member of the band (not Clown or Sid) and he confirmed to me that the rumors are true and Slipknot will headline in 2012. Unfortunately he wouldn't tell me any other details.

AnthG
11-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Which member was it?

treghet
11-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Which member was it?

I don't think he would tell you, seeing as it hasn't been officially announced...

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-20-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't think he would tell you, seeing as it hasn't been officially announced...

This.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Presale for Mayhem starts tomorrow. If you are a diehard Slipknot fan willing to go just for Slipknot then go ahead & get your ticket. I would never advise anyone to use my info as the lone source to make a decision to buy tickets for a concert out of good faith that a certain band is playing according to my sources... BUT... I am so confident about this that I can easily throw caution to the wind and tell you SLIPKNOT is 100% playing Mayhem Fest 2012. Unless some type of unforseen tragedy occurs, Slipknot will be there.

AnthG
11-20-2011, 10:53 AM

Mmhmm.

kommie
11-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I wonder how many kids Google/Ticketmaster "Mayhem" and scratch their heads when some Norwegian band pops up.

GarageMetal468
11-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I wonder how many kids Google/Ticketmaster "Mayhem" and scratch their heads when some Norwegian band pops up.

I wonder how many times this situation has been brought up.

kommie
11-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I wonder how many times this situation has been brought up.

I wonder how many times Fagson says he's not trying to troll but really that's all he does.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I wonder how many times Fagson says he's not trying to troll but really that's all he does.

:party:

AnthG
11-20-2011, 12:22 PM
I wonder how many times people get mad on this forum.

brutal_descent
11-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I wonder when YOU WILL ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP

treghet
11-20-2011, 12:54 PM
I wonder when YOU WILL ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP

Not until 200 pages.

stylesclash516
11-20-2011, 02:09 PM
I wonder how many times people get mad on this forum.

I'M NOT MAD FUCK YOU.

Skyline Chili Buoy
11-21-2011, 08:28 AM
What is going on with the tickets for this today?

Steev
11-21-2011, 11:17 AM
apparently Anthrax is pushing to get on this year, then again they tried for years to get on Ozzfest

Xenocide
11-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Anthrax would kick ass headlining a side stage.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
apparently Anthrax is pushing to get on this year, then again they tried for years to get on Ozzfest

Anthrax never was part of a US Ozzfest. Seeing as how the Big 4 has been a big success along with the good reviews for the new Anthrax album, the timing is right for it.

BlindGuardian93
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
What is going on with the tickets for this today?

Idk ive been looking all day and they dont have shit posted.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Its not announced yet but I've got mine already :D

Not only will I give you some of the line up early, but here are the tickets early too:

http://mayhemfest.tickets.musictoday.com/MayhemFest/calendar.aspx

Enjoy my friends!!!

brutal_descent
11-21-2011, 01:25 PM
:bouville:

It said SAN FRANCISCO not MOUNTAIN VIEW, ffs

don't want to go all the way down there again

TheDeadPanda
11-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Will pit tickets be $85 regardless of getting the tickets now or waiting until getting them when regular sales happen?

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Not sure BUT after these pit tickets are gone, Korn and Slipknot have fan clubs that will have pit tickets alloted to them that get sold, then the Mayhem Festival sale begins for the general public with a limited amount of pit tickets left. The longer you wait the more likely you are to miss out on getting pit this year IMO. I paid the extra $ to get them now. I got 2 pit tickets with shipping for the preorder crap at 168$ total. 85$ per ticket. I bet the amount you pay Live Nation for service fees equals almost the exact same cost. Might as well get them now. I am giving them to my gf as a part of her Christmas present. Kills 2 birds with one stone.

Xenocide
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
If Korn and 5FDP are on I'm getting lawn.

I love Slipknot, but even they aren't enough to make me shell $85 to see an hour set from them...

AnthG
11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Not coming to Canada. Not even as Heavy MTL or Heavy TO. No fucks given.

BlindGuardian93
11-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Got my tix :D

Steev
11-21-2011, 08:19 PM
I thought about it(the sox look randomly rad) but haven't bought tix yet

Steev
11-22-2011, 11:02 PM
So went to "Share the Welt" tonight
-forgot to ask Hatebreed
-FFDP are definitely on
-ATR are actually still in the running for this years

xStructualDefect
11-23-2011, 12:39 AM
-FFDP are definitely on

:hecho:

rjturtle9
11-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Do any of you remember when they announced the bands last time?

llama lom
11-23-2011, 01:24 AM
It's always January, but bands usually figure out if they're on or not around now. Last year rumors came from Jamey Jasta about half the lineup, so I'm not surprised to be hearing all of this now.

hellawaits77ny
11-23-2011, 03:13 AM
:hecho:

Yeah ghey

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-23-2011, 03:35 AM
January 25th is when they are announcing the bands.

ATR makes sense as a small stage headliner...

converge241
11-23-2011, 04:24 AM
I hate this second year ina row of selling tix before the bands are official lol But hey must be working for them if they keep doing it. I just cant buy tix to a show when I dont know who is playing yet (and I have gone every year but one to Mayhem but im glad I didnt go last year and would have been pissed if I had bought and then saw that)

RAZOR
11-23-2011, 04:48 AM
I hate this second year ina row of selling tix before the bands are official lol But hey must be working for them if they keep doing it. I just cant buy tix to a show when I dont know who is playing yet (and I have gone every year but one to Mayhem but im glad I didnt go last year and would have been pissed if I had bought and then saw that)

We pretty much do.

Steev
11-23-2011, 05:32 AM
January 25th is when they are announcing the bands.

ATR makes sense as a small stage headliner...

I could see Hatebreed/All That Remains/As I Lay Dying as rotating main

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-23-2011, 06:47 AM
I could see Hatebreed/All That Remains/As I Lay Dying as rotating main

True. I would prefer to see Mastodon or a veteran metal band like Anthrax or Testament land that slot. A veteran band could really benefit from being on Mayhem Fest.

Also, I think at this point we can confirm AILD and Whitechapel due the videos Dallas posted. When bands members are saying 'I'm not sure if I can say anything yet" that means the writing is on the wall. My source (not a band member) who told me Slipknot & 5FDP are on the festival says Korn is too. Not 100% sure about Hatebreed yet but they seem very likely. Hopefully we start hearing more concrete info about the other small stage headliner and rotating bands.

brutal_descent
11-23-2011, 06:56 AM
I seriously doubt Whitechapel are playing this - the first two dates of the tour are on the 30th of June and 1st of July, and they're in Europe before and after those dates.

Steev
11-23-2011, 08:10 AM
True. I would prefer to see Mastodon or a veteran metal band like Anthrax or Testament land that slot. A veteran band could really benefit from being on Mayhem Fest.

Also, I think at this point we can confirm AILD and Whitechapel due the videos Dallas posted. When bands members are saying 'I'm not sure if I can say anything yet" that means the writing is on the wall. My source (not a band member) who told me Slipknot & 5FDP are on the festival says Korn is too. Not 100% sure about Hatebreed yet but they seem very likely. Hopefully we start hearing more concrete info about the other small stage headliner and rotating bands.

ATR said they were trying to get on(which says some slots arent solid yet) and they'd rather do Mayhem than Uproar

honestly if it came down to them and Hatebreed I think ATR gets it(it's been longer since they played)

and yeah, had a very definitive answer on FFDP

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I seriously doubt Whitechapel are playing this - the first two dates of the tour are on the 30th of June and 1st of July, and they're in Europe before and after those dates.

I checked Whitechapel's website and did not see any dates listed for 2012.

http://www.thediseased.com/events/

It should be worth mentioning that in the past several bands have played a few overseas dates during Mayhem with other bands filling in.

brutal_descent
11-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I checked Whitechapel's website and did not see any dates listed for 2012.

http://www.thediseased.com/events/

It should be worth mentioning that in the past several bands have played a few overseas dates during Mayhem with other bands filling in.

They've got a date with August Burns Red (http://www.oeticket.com/de/tickets/august-burns-red-usa-koncert-budapest-durer-kert-108699/event.html) in Budapest on the 3rd of July, and they're playing both editions of the Extremefest (http://de.extremefest.eu/?page_id=2&lang=en) (in Salzburg and Hunxe) on the 5th and 6th, along with Graspop Metal Meeting (http://www.graspop.be/en/bands/index.html) way back on June 22nd.

dcmetal108
11-23-2011, 12:21 PM
I might get pit tickets for Christmas so hopefully this isn't like last year and find out that the main band I wanted to see (Trivium) dropped off the date. So therefore I didn't go.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-23-2011, 03:15 PM
They've got a date with August Burns Red (http://www.oeticket.com/de/tickets/august-burns-red-usa-koncert-budapest-durer-kert-108699/event.html) in Budapest on the 3rd of July, and they're playing both editions of the Extremefest (http://de.extremefest.eu/?page_id=2&lang=en) (in Salzburg and Hunxe) on the 5th and 6th, along with Graspop Metal Meeting (http://www.graspop.be/en/bands/index.html) way back on June 22nd.

Wasn't listed on their website but kudos to you for finding those dates. I still believe they are a contender for Mayhem Fest and would drop off the other shows in a heartbeat in order to return to Mayhem.

Orion89
11-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Another thing that makes FFDP all the more confirmed, last at the share the welt tour, at the end of the set Ivan said,"See you all next summer!"
haha my dad just looked at each and were like, "Mayhem!"

Magson13
11-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Another thing that makes FFDP all the more confirmed, last at the share the welt tour, at the end of the set Ivan said,"See you all next summer!"

Awwww, you go to shows with your daddy? That's so cute.

MPF
11-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Aww, you love cock, isn't that funny as hell?

Indestructible
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM

U Mad Bro.

I go to shows with my Daddy too:D, and uncle. Most of the time it's with both of them but sometimes I go with just my Dad or just my Uncle.

MPF
11-23-2011, 04:10 PM
U Mad Bro.

I go to shows with my Daddy too:D, and uncle. Most of the time it's with both of them but sometimes I go with just my Dad or just my Uncle.

Just ignore him, He's a fucking asshole. and loves men.

TheDeadPanda
11-23-2011, 04:14 PM

He's just mad that his dad doesnt even love him enough to go with him and has to go alone.

Indestructible
11-23-2011, 04:14 PM

Him loving men is none of my bussiness, but yes he is an asshole. I shouldn't feed the troll.

John The Drummer
11-23-2011, 04:27 PM
My Mom goes to my shows.....

and gets drunk....

and hits on all of my guy friends.......

and yells "THATS MY JOHN!!!!" while we are on stage....

I may leave this site now -__-

MPF
11-23-2011, 04:28 PM
He's just mad that his dad doesnt even love him enough to go with him and has to go alone.

My dad used to go to all of my band's shows. Not because of me being underage or anything, he actually wanted to go and support me. It's too bad Magson hates his dad and takes it out on the rest of us.

Him loving men is none of my bussiness, but yes he is an asshole. I shouldn't feed the troll.

He hit on me, so I can make fun of it as much as I want to. He probably gets off on people talking to him here.

slapguitarer
11-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Going to shows with my dad is boss. I don't have to buy my food and get to sleep on the way back home.

larvtard
11-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Going to shows with my dad is boss. I don't have to buy my food and get to sleep on the way back home.

Yeah, I got my dad to see AC/DC with me partly for the reason that I wouldn't have to pay :D

and gets drunk....

You would leave this forum for admitting that? Haha oh boy.

RAZOR
11-23-2011, 06:17 PM

and gets drunk....

...that's so cute. :lol:

MPF
11-23-2011, 06:21 PM

and gets drunk....

Replace John with Josh and that is my mom at cover band shows. hahaha

xStructualDefect
11-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I went to see Metallica at the Forum back in Dec '08 with my uncle and aunt, which is similar to going with parents. That was really cool of them. On top of that they had floor tickets and bought 2 extra so I took a friend. I was very close to the stage too. Even high fived Kirk at the end of the set :D

Steev
11-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Yeah they did that here, then later that night I asked someone in the FFdP "soooo summer, would that be....." and they laughed and winked

Crionics
11-23-2011, 06:41 PM

and gets drunk....

:rocker:

I used to go to every show with one of my parents :blaze:

hellawaits77ny
11-24-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm 26, and I have been to several concerts w/ my father.

noahj
11-24-2011, 06:34 AM
I take my 8 year old with me whenever the venue allows :blaze:

TiradesOfTruth
11-24-2011, 07:49 AM
I would always go to shows with my dad. I even saw him throwdown in a DevilDriver pit.

Xenocide
11-24-2011, 10:20 AM
I've never been to a show with somebody over 18.

dcmetal108
11-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I constantly go to shows with my mom , dad, cousin etc.

My mom likes Warped Tour because its fun and has taken me to Uproar for A7X because they were far away and before I could drive.

My dads taken me to see Carnifex, Oceano, Papa Roach, Anvil, Children Of Bodom, BDM and all day fests so I didn't go alone.

My cousins taken me to see Slayer and stuff before to get me into metal.

Its not a big deal and going to shows with them is amazing.

metallicbrian666
11-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I went to my first concert (Ozzfest 2007) with my mom's boss, and I went to Metallica with my uncle. Other than that, I just go with friends.

Xenocide
11-24-2011, 06:47 PM
"My cousins taken me to see Slayer and stuff before to get me into metal."

Yeah, my friend who's 2 years older than me took me to see KSE and Slayer at Mayhem 09 in order to get me into metal. It worked.

AnthG
11-24-2011, 07:15 PM
My parents can't stand 95% of the music I listen to, so they don't go to shows with me. I'm also 23, so I don't need them to come to shows with me.

dcmetal108
11-24-2011, 07:59 PM
My parents can't stand 95% of the music I listen to, so they don't go to shows with me. I'm also 23, so I don't need them to come to shows with me.

haha my mom can't stand really any metal and my dad is into older metal (Maiden etc) but I'm only 18 so they take me sometimes since I don't have a way otherwise.

daimonos
11-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I took my dad to see Triptykon and 1349. He wasn't very impressed.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-28-2011, 05:04 PM
My mom went with me to the third Gigantour because I was only 16 and didn't have a ride. It wasn't awful though. I went to the rail for every band and would make sure she wasn't being hassled or anything in between sets. She actually fell asleep during Children of Bodom's set. Below are some direct quotes from her during the show:

On High on Fire: "I like these guys. But why doesn't the singer wear a shirt?"

On Job for a Cowboy: "These guys are awful. But that one guy looks like Sayid from LOST."

On Children of Bodom: "The keyboard sections were so beautiful! But why did that one guy have to keep swearing?"

On In Flames: "Who are these guys? High on Flames? Flames on Fire? Whatever...I like them, they have good melody, and the singer has awesome dreadlocks."

On Megadeth: "Man, I'm glad that's over...his voice was awful."

dcmetal108
11-28-2011, 08:03 PM
My mom went with me to the third Gigantour because I was only 16 and didn't have a ride. It wasn't awful though. I went to the rail for every band and would make sure she wasn't being hassled or anything in between sets. She actually fell asleep during Children of Bodom's set. Below are some direct quotes from her during the show:

On High on Fire: "I like these guys. But why doesn't the singer wear a shirt?"

On Job for a Cowboy: "These guys are awful. But that one guy looks like Sayid from LOST."

On Children of Bodom: "The keyboard sections were so beautiful! But why did that one guy have to keep swearing?"

On In Flames: "Who are these guys? High on Flames? Flames on Fire? Whatever...I like them, they have good melody, and the singer has awesome dreadlocks."

On Megadeth: "Man, I'm glad that's over...his voice was awful."

:D:D

That's awsome.

treghet
11-28-2011, 08:08 PM
All of those quotes are great. :lol:

masterguy49
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
My mom can't stand the music I listen to, but she tolerates it in the car and is somewhat curious about concerts. My uncle digs the music I listen to and has come to many shows with me, including Mayhem 2008 and 2009, Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax, Iron Maiden, and AC/DC. My dad while not a huge fan of my music, appreciates it and digs some of it too. He's been to 2 shows with me, Mayhem 2010(though he showed up only for the last 3 bands) and Metallica. He loved Metallica and enjoyed Mayhem Fest, but his back got screwed up on the lawn cause he had to stand for so long on a inverted hill, so he won't go to shows anymore cause he's afraid of his back getting screwed up.

Natrlhi
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
All of those quotes are great. :lol:Agreed - especially the ones about Matt Pike and Dave Mustaine. :lol:

Magson13
11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
but I'm only 18 so they take me sometimes since I don't have a way otherwise.

So you've been old enough to find employment, and get a driver's license, for a full two years now, but are incapable of getting to shows without your parents taking you?

BloodoftheKings
11-28-2011, 08:32 PM
The only show I ever went to with a parent was when I saw Lynrd Skynrd with my dad back in 09'. My mom actually has pretty high tolerance for my music in the car. I've played Slayer, Gwar, and Autopsy in my mom's car before and she didn't care.

DisposableJustice
11-28-2011, 09:46 PM
My dad is an awesome dude he has tagged along with me on many shows, including my first rock/metal show (Family Values 2001). He is also a metallica fan and has been with me at 4 of the 5 times I have seen them

Natrlhi
11-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Not only am I going to take my sons to metal shows if they want...I'm gonna MAKE those little fuckers go as soon as they're old enough. :D

BloodoftheKings
11-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I just looked up and noticed this is a mayhem fest thread. When did it become the "Concert experiences with parents" thread?

rjturtle9
11-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Not only am I going to take my sons to metal shows if they want...I'm gonna MAKE those little fuckers go as soon as they're old enough. :D

Proper parenting at work!

AnthG
11-29-2011, 06:53 AM
So you've been old enough to find employment, and get a driver's license, for a full two years now, but are incapable of getting to shows without your parents taking you?

Having a driver's license =/= having access to a vehicle.

Xenocide
11-29-2011, 08:22 AM
I just looked up and noticed this is a mayhem fest thread. When did it become the "Concert experiences with parents" thread?

Such is a great mystery of life.

street_burial
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=DisposableJustice;418433]My dad is an awesome dude he has tagged along with me on many shows/QUOTE]

i know how that is, my dad always went to shows with me and still goes to the occasional one with me. Always great times.

street_burial
11-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Any more news on who's playing?