PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2012

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

xStructualDefect
10-25-2011, 12:39 AM
I really don't Korn being on this. With the dubstep album coming out in December, I think they want to stay away from a touring metal festival. The biggest issue I have with Five Finger Death Punch being on there is that would make 3 times in 5 years. Seriously? Find another band please.

Pretty much all of this, especially the bold.

Steev
10-25-2011, 08:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Davidian/mayhem2012.jpg

probably not likely, but it's a thought

GarageMetal468
10-25-2011, 09:02 AM
lol Staind.

Steev
10-25-2011, 09:06 AM
lol Staind.

after having Godsmack last year just seems likely, especially when I don't think they've done any touring for their new album yet

Steev
10-25-2011, 09:30 AM
and what the hell, while I'm at it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Davidian/uproar2012.jpg

llama lom
10-25-2011, 10:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Davidian/mayhem2012.jpg

probably not likely, but it's a thought

I saw the format and thought this was legit. Then I saw the lineup.

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 12:39 PM
I love how Steev continually posts on Mayhem's facebook telling people that certain bands aren't going to be there, as if it will make a difference....

Steev
10-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I love how Steev continually posts on Mayhem's facebook telling people that certain bands aren't going to be there, as if it will make a difference....

I know, but I figure if they're gonna keep posting stupid unrealistic wishlists I'm gonna keep posting that

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Lets not forget the Warped tour. KsE, AtR, In This Moment, Lacuna Coil, Filter could possibly be on the Warped tour too...

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2011, 01:36 PM
I know Staind's new album is heavier, but I think they are better suited for Uproar. AiC could probably play Uproar or Mayhem.

DementedX14
10-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Lets not forget the Warped tour. KsE, AtR, In This Moment, Lacuna Coil, Filter could possibly be on the Warped tour too...

I highly doubt those bands would be on warped tour. Warped tour is for punk rock, hardcore, and deathcore bands.

rugbyman
10-25-2011, 01:46 PM

i think the only one of those that could be on warped is in this moment. the others would make more sense on uproar or mayhem.

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 01:49 PM
All metal except for scene stuff has been banished from Warped.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2011, 01:56 PM

Probably so now that Mayhem and Uproar are around. I recall KsE, Hatebreed, ITM, A7X, etc on Warped back in the day.

Steev
10-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I highly doubt those bands would be on warped tour. Warped tour is for punk rock, hardcore, and deathcore bands.

the first(and one of the only) times I went to Warped they had Blink 182, Sevendust, Suicidal Tendencies, Less Than Jake, Royal Crown Review, and THE BLACK EYED PEAS

anything is possible with that tour

dcmetal108
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
That uproar list would be awsome. Although I'd want Evanescence headlining! (let the hate begin (little do they know I like AiC too))

AiC would draw tickets but the latter would draw more.

Steev
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Probably so now that Mayhem and Uproar are around. I recall KsE, Hatebreed, ITM, A7X, etc on Warped back in the day.

ATR and AILD were on the same year Mayhem started

Steev
10-25-2011, 02:01 PM
I know Staind's new album is heavier, but I think they are better suited for Uproar. AiC could probably play Uproar or Mayhem.

Staind will probably be this year's Godsmack, a band a lot of people don't see as metal, but ends up on the tour

keep in mind Staind has headlined a lot of the same venues as Mayhem(Stimulate This tour)

mankvill
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM

At the two Warped tours I've been to, I've seen:

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Andrew W.K.
Norma Jean
Street Dogs
Protest The Hero

and more bands I love that aren't metal.

I will take Warped over this (and other shitty "metal" fests like Uproar" every day

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Staind will probably be this year's Godsmack, a band a lot of people don't see as metal, but ends up on the tour

keep in mind Staind has headlined a lot of the same venues as Mayhem(Stimulate This tour)

I really, really disagree about Staind being on this tour. Uproar? Maybe...

DementedX14
10-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I really, really disagree about Staind being on this tour. Uproar? Maybe...

Staind has a better chance on being on Mayhem than Korn. IMO.

MPF
10-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Korn would do Mayhem since they've done it before. Despite the dubstep shit, they are still a Mayhem band.

Staind is a Uproar band, even though their newest album is pretty heavy. If Staind only played songs from their first two albums (Tormented, Dysfunction) and The new album, then maybe they could do Mayhem.

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Staind can do Mayhem if Godsmack can.

I refuse to acknowledge the possibility of Korn headlining until there is more evidence.

Steev
10-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Staind can do Mayhem if Godsmack can.

I refuse to acknowledge the possibility of Korn headlining until there is more evidence.

Agreed, I still love KoRn but I have a very hard time believing they'd be on it twice in a span of 3 years

hellawaits77ny
10-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I don't mind Staind's older stuff, but even so, I don't think they belong on Mayhem. Still would MUCh prefer them over 5FDP.

MPF
10-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Agreed, I still love KoRn but I have a very hard time believing they'd be on it twice in a span of 3 years

Why? They created The Family Values Tour and toured behind that for the 5 years they had it.

If they can make money off of it, and they get the offer, why wouldn't they take it?

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't think we have to worry about a 5FDP/Korn headlining bill. The only way 5FDP will coheadline is if there's a big band headlining like Slipknot. If Korn is headlining, they'd want a band with bigger name power than 5FDP to coheadline with them. Maybe Slayer?

mankvill
10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Out of all the bad bands Mayhem has had headline, Godsmack is the least worst.

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 04:01 PM

You sir are false.

Edit: My bad, I read that as all bands.

slapguitarer
10-25-2011, 04:03 PM

I agree with that statement.

mankvill
10-25-2011, 04:03 PM
You sir are false.

Not in the least. Headlining Mayhem to me is the top 2 bands on the mainstage.

So you've got:

Slipknot
Disturbed

Marilyn Manson
Slayer

Korn
Rob Zombie

Disturbed
Godsmack

Since Slayer and Rob Zombie are good bands, they don't count.

illuminatus917
10-25-2011, 04:09 PM

Thought you were a bit of a Slipknot fan.

mankvill
10-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Thought you were a bit of a Slipknot fan.

A little. I'd listen to Slipknot on album before I listened to Godsmack, but Godsmack would be less lame live, in my opinion. Although I've never seen either band live.

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM
I've been to 3 Mayhem Fests, and the best "bad" headliner was definitely Korn.

TheDeadPanda
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM
A little. I'd listen to Slipknot on album before I listened to Godsmack, but Godsmack would be less lame live, in my opinion. Although I've never seen either band live.

You think 9 people on a stage running around while hitting trash cans in masks would be boring?

Edit: Oops, meant 8...my bad.

John The Drummer
10-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I will admit that seeing Disturbed/Slipknot live was *gulp* pretty rad. I am not a fan of either band anymore since my musical tastes have expanded and changed, and I have never liked Disturbed, but both bands put on a hell of a live show.

illuminatus917
10-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I will admit that seeing Disturbed/Slipknot live was *gulp* pretty rad. I am not a fan of either band anymore since my musical tastes have expanded and changed, and I have never liked Disturbed, but both bands put on a hell of a live show.

Out of Slipknot, Disturbed, Korn, and Rob Zombie, Slipknot was the worst live.

Just because your tastes expand doesn't mean you have to dislike bands that used to mean something to you.

John The Drummer
10-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Out of Slipknot, Disturbed, Korn, and Rob Zombie, Slipknot was the worst live.

Just because your tastes expand doesn't mean you have to dislike bands that used to mean something to you.

I worded that wrong, lets just say, I grew out of it. I still enjoy Slipknot's first 3 albums (MFKR, s/t, Iowa) at times, but overall I'm just kinda meh about them.

MPF
10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Just to show how cool I am, I put Slipknot's The Heretic Anthem as the first song on my radio show tonight. Only because I've been requested for them for weeks and it only felt appropriate tonight for the Halloween edition.

Steev
I like all the past headliners, but Manson was the only one I thought had a weak performance

kommie
Wow - was Uproar that tour that had StoneSour on it where they booked 3,000 capacity venues and usually only around less than half, if not only 1/3 of the venue was filled?

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 04:31 PM
I only saw the main stage at Mayhem 2009 and was completely unfamiliar with any of the bands at the time since I was just getting into metal, which I think gave me a completely objective view of the bands. KSE and Slayer kicked ass, Manson didn't.

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Wow - was Uproar that tour that had StoneSour on it where they booked 3,000 capacity venues and usually only around less than half, if not only 1/3 of the venue was filled?

Yes, it had Stone Sour as support.

No, it didn't book 3,000 capacity venues. It booked ampitheatres and sold extremely well seeing how it was A7X's first real tour since The Rev died.

MPF

No that was Snocore or something like that. Something with snow or winter in the title.

illuminatus917

No.

kommie
10-25-2011, 04:35 PM
There was a tour recently where StoneSour headlined and they overbooked themselves, no shock as the second time I did see them the venue was not full at all, went to another concert at the same place - Lamb of God - and it was packed.

Steev
10-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I only saw the main stage at Mayhem 2009 and was completely unfamiliar with any of the bands at the time since I was just getting into metal, which I think gave me a completely objective view of the bands. KSE and Slayer kicked ass, Manson didn't.

That year was my least fav(irony being that year also had the douchiest crowd, and that's the year people online always say was the only good one)

Majority(actually, all) of the main stage bands I had seen previously(been going to shows for over 17 years) and actually for consistancy this year was one of the best, although of the 4 bands I thought Disturbed was the least impressive

makethemsuffer12
10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
If we're talking about Mayhem headliners (last band of the night), I think Korn wins in my book in terms of performance, with Slipknot coming in second. Disturbed were awesome when I saw them on the first Mayhem fest, but they were pretty dull this past one. Manson was pretty bad.

Steev
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
If we're talking about Mayhem headliners (last band of the night), I think Korn wins in my book in terms of performance, with Slipknot coming in second. Disturbed were awesome when I saw them on the first Mayhem fest, but they were pretty dull this past one. Manson was pretty bad.

From top to bottom Id rank like this:
1) Slipknot(always amazing, never seen them do a bad show)
2) KoRn(a lot of energy, they got a lot better when Ray came in)
3) Disturbed(good show, but predictable)
4) Marilyn Manson(just not strong, but not the worst time I've seen him)

slapguitarer
10-25-2011, 05:04 PM
That year was my least fav(irony being that year is the year people online always say was the only good one)

Ditto

mastodon421
10-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Here is my perspective on the last band to play on each Mayhem Fest.

2008: Slipknot-Fucking amazing. They have never been one of my favorite bands, but they still rank among the best live bands I have ever seen. Despite this being (probably) the weakest Mayhem lineup from top to bottom, Slipknot was the best headliner.

2009: Marilyn Manson-Awful, stagant performance. Manson sounded like shit and his on-stage antics pissed me off. Definitely the best Mayhem Fest, but easily the worst headliner.

2010: Korn-Great peformance. Korn was one of the big bands that go me into metal and seeing them live was a dream come true.

2011: Disturbed-Not bad, but barely above average. David Dramain's voice sounded strained and I am glad they took that hiatus after the tour. Not even close to as good as they where on Mayhem 08.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Nick Raskulinecz is currently producing the new AiC album which is due for a spring 2012 release. After that he is working on the new Rush album which is due for a summer 2012 release. Up last for Nick is the new Deftones album, which will likely be recorded late summer 2012 for a fall release.

Sounds like AiC will be ready to tour this summer while Deftones will be in the studio.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2011, 05:19 PM
I really think we will see the second stage headliners/main stage openers be AILD, Mastodon & Testament.

Steev
10-25-2011, 05:21 PM
I really think we will see the second stage headliners/main stage openers be AILD, Mastodon & Testament.

Wouldn't surprise me, I'm convinced AILD is gonna be on Mayhem

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Ditto

Only you didn't go...

Xenocide
10-25-2011, 05:41 PM

ME GUSTA

Steev
10-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Here is my perspective on the last band to play on each Mayhem Fest.

2008: Slipknot-Fucking amazing. They have never been one of my favorite bands, but they still rank among the best live bands I have ever seen. Despite this being (probably) the weakest Mayhem lineup from top to bottom, Slipknot was the best headliner.

2009: Marilyn Manson-Awful, stagant performance. Manson sounded like shit and his on-stage antics pissed me off. Definitely the best Mayhem Fest, but easily the worst headliner.

2010: Korn-Great peformance. Korn was one of the big bands that go me into metal and seeing them live was a dream come true.

2011: Disturbed-Not bad, but barely above average. David Dramain's voice sounded strained and I am glad they took that hiatus after the tour. Not even close to as good as they where on Mayhem 08.

So were pretty much on the same page

slapguitarer
10-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Only you didn't go...

Because the line-up was bad. All I agreed with him on was that it was my least favorite line-up.

masterguy49
10-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Because the line-up was bad. All I agreed with him on was that it was my least favorite line-up.

/facepalm
Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Black Dahlia Murder are bad? :flame:

Not to mention personally I love All That Remains and like Trivium, Killswitch Engage, and Job for a Cowboy and it is definitely the best line up IMO.

Steev
10-25-2011, 06:56 PM
/facepalm

Not to mention personally I love All That Remains and like Trivium, Killswitch Engage, and Job for a Cowboy and it is definitely the best line up IMO.

Never been big on JFAC, liked most of the bands, but between the shitty crowds and some "meh" performances(in other words every band I liked Id seen play a lot better elsewhere) it just wasn't that good of a year

masterguy49
10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Never been big on JFAC, liked most of the bands, but between the shitty crowds and some "meh" performances(in other words every band I liked Id seen play a lot better elsewhere) it just wasn't that good of a year

For me it was my 3rd show ever and I was like 11/12 so seeing some of my favorite bands in one day was amazing. Not to mention seeing my first thrash band, death metal band, and meeting Cannibal Corpse at an early age was pretty awesome.

slapguitarer
10-25-2011, 07:06 PM
/facepalm

I know I'll catch shit for this, but of the bands that were on the 2009 line-up the only ones I liked at the time were ATR, JFAC, and Whitechapel. And now-a-days I only like TBDM. Could never get into Slayer, Behemoth or CC.

makethemsuffer12
10-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Anyone that says that the '09 lineup was bad needs to be brought out back and shot. That being said, I probably had the most most fun at the 2010 fest, though I think '09 had the best lineup.

masterguy49
10-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Anyone that says that the '09 lineup was bad needs to be brought out back and shot. That being said, I probably had the most most fun at the 2010 fest, though I think '09 had the best lineup.

So when will the shooting of Slap commence?

10 I had the worst time, probably cause my friend got his front teeth knocked out during Hatebreed and It put me in a bad mood :lol:

Magson13
10-25-2011, 07:19 PM
For me it was my 3rd show ever and I was like 11/12

You can't remember your exact age from TWO YEARS AGO?

AnthG
10-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I still think 09 had the worst lineup. Or "least good", or whatever. I mean, each tour in my opinion only had like 3-4 really good bands and the rest I was "meh" about or thought aren't good, but the 3-4 bands I really like on the 09 tour were just less impressive than the ones I liked on the other editions.

illuminatus917
10-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I know I'll catch shit for this, but of the bands that were on the 2009 line-up the only ones I liked at the time were ATR, JFAC, and Whitechapel. And now-a-days I only like TBDM. Could never get into Slayer, Behemoth or CC.

At the time I only liked Slayer and Behemoth. At the present time I only like Slayer and Behemoth, and Shogun Trivium and Manson to a degree.

dallasdude18
10-25-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey guys.. check out the last post on the Mayhem Festival 2012 page.. https://www.facebook.com/MayhemFestival2012

dtgamerat
10-25-2011, 08:25 PM
This was just now posted on the official Mayhem Festival Facebook page...

Main Stage

SLIPKNOT
LAMB OF GOD
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH

HATEBREED
AS I LAY DYING
DRAGONFORCE

Revolver Stage

DOWN
WHITECHAPEL
HAVOK

Jagermeister Stage

PARKWAY DRIVE
AFTER THE BURIAL
SKELETONWITCH

Don't know what to think of this just yet until January rolls around...

daimonos
10-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Skeletonwitch, Lamb of God, and Down = Great.

Everything else, not so much.

I did just notice Havok though, I'm pretty sure they're good.

but HA FUCK YOU MAGSON LOOKS LIKE LAMB OF GODS COHEADLINING MAFUCKAH!

MPF
10-25-2011, 10:16 PM

For Magson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A&ob=av2e

But back on topic. Really solid lineup, only 1 deathcore band is a major plus.

jd091
10-25-2011, 10:19 PM

Main Stage

SLIPKNOT
LAMB OF GOD

HATEBREED
AS I LAY DYING

Revolver Stage
WHITECHAPEL

Jagermeister Stage

PARKWAY DRIVE
AFTER THE BURIAL
SKELETONWITCH

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf6plhV1Ex1qcyv2e.gif
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsh4zsJ8RK1qcu14xo1_500.gif

THIS. IS. FUCKING. INCREDIBLE!

mankvill
10-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Main Stage

SLIPKNOT
LAMB OF GOD
FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH

HATEBREED
AS I LAY DYING
DRAGONFORCE

Revolver Stage

DOWN
WHITECHAPEL
HAVOK

Jagermeister Stage

PARKWAY DRIVE
AFTER THE BURIAL
SKELETONWITCH

VERY surprised. Only truly shit bands here are Whitechapel, FFDP and Lamb of God. I'd go if it came here, but it won't.

mankvill
10-25-2011, 10:26 PM
THIS. IS. FUCKING. INCREDIBLE!

look at this faggot not liking Havok

MPF
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM

Once he sees them live that will change.

Once all br00tal kids see Thrash their opinion changes. That and they grow up.

AnataFan4Life
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Seems pretty realistic for the most part. I'd probably go to this.

jd091
10-25-2011, 10:29 PM

Don't know them. ;)

And guys, this page looks so goddamn unnofish. Only 146 people like it. (https://www.facebook.com/MayhemFestival2012) If anything, this idiot "dallasdude18" who linked to the page, who has only posted a grand fucking total of once, probably shopped this shitty image. In fact, this is so goddamn fake now that I feel like an idiot for wasting those gifs on such an overreaction.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/308609_308246582535479_267706073256197_1236462_118 1442659_n.jpg

Hey, cool move being an asshole, man. You really fooled us. :finger: Parkway Drive doesn't use that logo anymore, and that was the "Mayhem" image for the ad campaign last year I believe.

mankvill
10-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Don't know them. ;)

And guys, this page looks so goddamn unnofish. Only 146 people like it. (https://www.facebook.com/MayhemFestival2012) If anything, this idiot "dallasdude18" who linked to the page, who has only posted a grand fucking total of once, probably shopped this shitty image. In fact, this is so goddamn fake now that I feel like an idiot for wasting those gifs on such an overreaction.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/308609_308246582535479_267706073256197_1236462_118 1442659_n.jpg

Hey, cool move being an asshole, man. You really fooled us. :finger: Parkway Drive doesn't use that logo anymore, and that was the "Mayhem" image for the ad campaign last year I believe.

Official Mayhem tour: same lineup, minus Slipknot, FFDP and Whitechapel! Hooray!

AnataFan4Life
10-25-2011, 10:32 PM
I knew it was fake already. There were too many good bands on it too be the real thing >_<

jd091
10-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Official Mayhem tour: same lineup, minus Slipknot, FFDP and Whitechapel! Hooray!

Hey now, you got a problem with Slipknot live? ;) I've been dying to see them someday, so I'd be down with them on this.

I knew it was fake already. There were too many good bands on it too be the real thing >_<

Yeah, really. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many big-namers.

IrritatedTrout
10-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Damn, I was hoping it was real. It was good to see no decent bands on the tour so I won't have to feel bad about skipping somebody cool when this comes to my area.

Magson13
10-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Skeletonwitch, Lamb of God, and Down = Great.

Everything else, not so much.

I did just notice Havok though, I'm pretty sure they're good.

HA FUCK YOU DAIMONOS FOR BEING A MORON AND BELIEVING THAT OBVIOUSLY FAKE PAGE DUMBASS!

But seriously. Did no one scroll down like, 2-3 posts, and see the page owner repeatedly asking if anyone heard rumors yet? :tp:

MPF
10-26-2011, 01:42 AM
HA FUCK YOU DAIMONOS FOR BEING A MORON AND BELIEVING THAT OBVIOUSLY FAKE PAGE DUMBASS!

But seriously. Did no one scroll down like, 2-3 posts, and see the page owner repeatedly asking if anyone heard rumors yet? :tp:

And you love men.

On to the next topic!

Magson13
10-26-2011, 01:53 AM
And you love men.

K. And?

MPF
10-26-2011, 03:27 AM
K. And?

And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s&ob=av2e

Now next topic!

RAZOR
10-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Hah.

mastodon421
10-26-2011, 03:43 AM
If that lineup was real, it would be pretty fucking sick. Only 2 bands that I don't like (Dragonforce and Five Finger Death Punch) and a lot of bands that I really want to see.

Steev
10-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Yeah that was fake for waaaaay too many reasons
-they used the exact same template I did(last year's)
-too many repeats
-at least one or two that will probably never do the tour
-the FB page was also a dead giveaway

I'm kinda thinking they just took the one I made and threw in some unrealistic alterations(especially having Down billed that low)

Steev
10-26-2011, 04:36 AM
I mean they even have Slipknot and AILD in the exact same spots I did

kommie
10-26-2011, 04:52 AM
That lineup doesn't have enough radio rock bands to be real.

also the main stage usually only has a max of 4 bands, 6 is ridiculous.

Steev
10-26-2011, 05:04 AM
That lineup doesn't have enough radio rock bands to be real.

Ehhhhhh, I don't know, last year only had 3(if you count Megadeth)

But I mean you definately need some bands with radio hits to anchor this thing, when you have Godsmack THEN you can have All Shall Perish, Red Fang, Suicide Silence, etc.

Steev
10-26-2011, 06:47 AM
someone needs to get this rumor going, lulz all around

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Davidian/veryfakemayhem-1.jpg

dallasdude18
10-26-2011, 06:57 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Davidian/veryfakemayhem.jpg

LMAO!

jd091
10-26-2011, 09:42 AM

OMG

Would totally go to this

AnataFan4Life
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Dates Announced

http://rockstarmayhemfest.com/dates

Looks like they're starting it a bit earlier.

IrritatedTrout
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
It's not coming to VA Beach this year so I'm gonna be really pissed if someone like Mastodon is on it.

mankvill
10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm ready for all the Kansas City off-dates like they've done the last two years. :D

mastodon421
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Wow, Mansfield is near the end of the tour this year. That surprised me.

GarageMetal468
10-26-2011, 11:31 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

brutal_descent
10-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Dates Announced

http://rockstarmayhemfest.com/dates

Looks like they're starting it a bit earlier.

Not good, not good... a bit too close to Graspop. :eyes:

NickLed19
10-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Atlanta on a Sat...nice.

makethemsuffer12
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM

I love how Deicide is randomly thrown in there. :lol:

But I really hope the lineup isn't special now, because I'd rather not have to drive to CT.

jd091
10-26-2011, 01:12 PM

Deicide over Attack Attack! ? Bullshit. ;)

Xenocide
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
So my friend told me about the lineup guess from the Mayhem Festival 2012 unofficial facebook page, but he thought it was the official one, so I was excited all day. Now I get on and it's just a guess :(

But looks like I'm going to Boston on August 3rd.

dcmetal108
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Chicago on a Saturday nice!

Xenocide
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
So Mayhem is starting in June this year, and Slipknot said on twitter they'd be playing US shows by June.

THE PLOT THICKENS.

dcmetal108
10-26-2011, 01:22 PM
So Mayhem is starting in June this year, and Slipknot said on twitter they'd be playing US shows by June.

THE PLOT THICKENS.

Yet other than them and AILD who do we KNOW will be on there.

Xenocide
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Five Finger Death Punch.

BloodoftheKings
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
THE PLOT THICKENS.

everyday, and the pieces of my puzzle keep crumblin' away but I know, there's a reason beneath.

stylesclash516
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
everyday, and the pieces of my puzzle keep crumblin' away but I know, there's a reason beneath.

Faith No More for Mayhem 2012! :D

MPF
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM

If only.....

Sadly they would be opening for Slipknot at this rate. :(

kommie
10-26-2011, 02:18 PM

But I really hope the lineup isn't special now, because I'd rather not have to drive to CT.

Is Saratoga closer? Or CT?

makethemsuffer12
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Is Saratoga closer? Or CT?

CT. 3 hours, maybe even 2.5 if you're lucky. Saratoga is like a 4 hour drive.

BloodoftheKings
10-26-2011, 02:30 PM
If only.....

Sadly they would be opening for Slipknot at this rate. :(

FNM on Mayhem would be weird, it would kill me to see them on a bill under Slipknot. I don't care who sells more records, this "legendary bands opening for modern radio metal bands" faggotry needs to end.

AnthG
10-26-2011, 08:23 PM

Is it sad that the only band I lol'd at was Deicide?

And I totally wouldn't mind seeing Otep. Ascension is a pretty decent album, and Battle Ready is a kick ass tune.

treghet
10-26-2011, 08:43 PM
If Deicide was on that I think Glen would probably murder everybody.

Steev
10-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Is it sad that the only band I lol'd at was Deicide?

And I totally wouldn't mind seeing Otep. Ascension is a pretty decent album, and Battle Ready is a kick ass tune.

Sadly back in 2004 I was told by members of her band that song wouldn't be played live

AnthG
10-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Sadly back in 2004 I was told by members of her band that song wouldn't be played live

Which makes total sense that the song is played live...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buoWDCxg1eE

Sinister_Chalupa666
10-26-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope Behemoth makes a return to Mayhem. I can see them doing it again and they said they loved doing Mayhem.

If not then I hope they hop on Summer Slaughter :rocker::rocker:

Steev
10-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Which makes total sense that the song is played live...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buoWDCxg1eE

*shrugs

I haven't seen Otep since Ozzfest '04 and its entirely possible the guys I talked to haven't been in that band in years

Epidemic Reign
10-27-2011, 02:51 AM
I hope Behemoth makes a return to Mayhem. I can see them doing it again and they said they loved doing Mayhem.

If not then I hope they hop on Summer Slaughter :rocker::rocker:

Or maybe, if we get really lucky, they'll jump onto a tour that doesn't absolutely suck ;)

Epidemic Reign
10-27-2011, 02:54 AM

Pretty much the only thing that could draw me into this shitty tour once more.

metallicbrian666
10-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Pretty much the only thing that could draw me into this shitty tour once more.
Really though, fuck them for not touring the states.

Steev
10-27-2011, 05:30 AM
They kinda toured the US........

Well, they played Philly :)

GarageMetal468
10-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Or maybe, if we get really lucky, they'll jump onto a tour that doesn't absolutely suck ;)

I just saw that they have plans to tour the U.S. in the spring, so if they won't be back in Europe after that, it's a possibility for a summer U.S. touring fest or another tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Don't kill the messenger. Take this as a strong rumor and nothing more...

Got word today that Korn is very likely to play the 2012 Mayhem Festival along with 5FDP. I don't see LoG playing if this is the case. It would be too similar to 09.

Main:
Korn
5FDP
KsE

Or...

Main:
Slipknot
Korn
5FDP

Thats the only way I can see this turning out if Korn & 5FDP both play.

Shadowswillfall414
10-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Main:
Korn
5FDP
Kse

No, Just no...

Main:
Slipknot
Korn
5FDP

Actually pretty good since Slipknot and Korn would make great headliners yet still not big on 5FDP

llama lom
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Don't kill the messenger. Take this as a strong rumor and nothing more...

Got word today that Korn is very likely to play the 2012 Mayhem Festival along with 5FDP. I don't see LoG playing if this is the case. It would be too similar to 09.

Main:
Korn
5FDP
KsE

Or...

Main:
Slipknot
Korn
5FDP

Thats the only way I can see this turning out if Korn & 5FDP both play.

I'd be happier with option A if KsE was above 5FDP, but it probably won't happen. Option B would be better for everyone involved I think.

BlindGuardian93
10-27-2011, 02:12 PM
I hope to god its the Slipknot one

TheDeadPanda
10-27-2011, 02:26 PM
I hope to god its the Slipknot one

Same. I might risk the presale they do this year.

xStructualDefect
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Slipknot and Korn would be pretty co-headliners. It would attract a crowd. 5FDP being on the tour 3 times in the span of 5 years is pretty lame though..

BloodoftheKings
10-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Slipknot and Korn would be pretty co-headliners. It would attract a crowd. 5FDP being on the tour 3 times in the span of 5 years is pretty lame though..

5FDP existing is pretty lame.

kommie
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
I still don't see why KoRn would do this, since they're becoming dubstep, unless they'd actually play non-dubstep songs, that's be cool.

MPF
10-27-2011, 03:48 PM
I still don't see why KoRn would do this, since they're becoming dubstep, unless they'd actually play non-dubstep songs, that's be cool.

So because they are making a dubstep album and bringing dubstep artists to open for them means they are ignoring their whole back discography. Unless they don't give a fuck about their radio fans, they won't be doing that.

Xenocide
10-27-2011, 04:02 PM

They aren't becoming dubstep, they're making a dubstep collab album. They usually only play 1 or 2 dubstep songs at their live shows, maybe a bit more on this winter's tour since it's in support of the album.

kommie
10-27-2011, 04:32 PM
They aren't becoming dubstep, they're making a dubstep collab album. They usually only play 1 or 2 dubstep songs at their live shows, maybe a bit more on this winter's tour since it's in support of the album.

not trying to be difficult here, but how can they only play 2 dubstep songs live when so far only 2 dubstep songs have been released? just checked setlists.fm and their last couple concerts, no dubstep songs.

Steev
10-27-2011, 05:40 PM
not trying to be difficult here, but how can they only play 2 dubstep songs live when so far only 2 dubstep songs have been released? just checked setlists.fm and their last couple concerts, no dubstep songs.

the whole album comes out in a few weeks(meaning the songs are done)

Jonathan said their set on this tour will be in 3 sections
-old and rare songs(not usually played)
-material from the new album
-hits and songs they usually play

Xenocide
10-27-2011, 05:41 PM
When they were touring in support of Korn III they only played 2 songs from it. And they've been playing Get Up.

Steev
10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
When they were touring in support of Korn III they only played 2 songs from it. And they've been playing Get Up.

the latest Ive heard is they will do 6, also "Predictable" will be one of the older songs they play

Xenocide
10-27-2011, 06:06 PM
If Korn coheadlines with 5FDP, I'm leaving at like 8 PM lol

hellawaits77ny
10-27-2011, 09:35 PM
the whole album comes out in a few weeks(meaning the songs are done)

Jonathan said their set on this tour will be in 3 sections
-old and rare songs(not usually played)
-material from the new album
-hits and songs they usually play

Interesting to see what the "old and rare" songs will be.

Magson13
10-28-2011, 01:52 AM
It's not coming to VA Beach this year so I'm gonna be really pissed if someone like Mastodon is on it.

Y'know. Korn went past the noise curfew here last year. The city won't let them play here anymore because of that. Correlation?

MPF
10-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Y'know. Korn went past the noise curfew here last year. The city won't let them play here anymore because of that. Correlation?

This is the correlation I can find for you Magson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQGi_h6ag8

christopher
10-28-2011, 02:17 AM
This is the correlation I can find for you Magson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQGi_h6ag8

hahahaha oh I'm dying again. So goddamn funny

MPF
10-28-2011, 02:20 AM
hahahaha oh I'm dying again. So goddamn funny

:lol: this is never going to get old. :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-28-2011, 05:16 AM
:lol: this is never going to get old. :lol:

Hahahahaha

Xenocide
10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
WOLVERINE Y U NO COMMITTING CORPORATE ESPIONAGE TO GET US MOAR RUMORS

BlindGuardian93
10-28-2011, 12:29 PM

I agree

BloodoftheKings
10-28-2011, 12:43 PM

It's fucking October. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even decided what washed up nu metal band is gonna headline yet.

MPF
10-28-2011, 12:59 PM
It's fucking October. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even decided what washed up nu metal band is gonna headline yet.

Exactly!

I said it 75 pages (or so) back. It's October...Mayhem is in Summer 2012...CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!

Xenocide
10-28-2011, 01:48 PM
That's funny, because by now the entire lineup is usually booked. Or at least most of it.

MPF
10-28-2011, 01:59 PM
That's funny, because by now the entire lineup is usually booked. Or at least most of it.

So?

You can't have patience? You can't wait to see if they need to have everything lined up 100%, you can't wait till 2012 to hear about a tour that won't even happen for another 9 months?

TheDeadPanda
10-28-2011, 02:05 PM
So?

You can't have patience? You can't wait to see if they need to have everything lined up 100%, you can't wait till 2012 to hear about a tour that won't even happen for another 9 months?

That's no fun..

BloodoftheKings
10-28-2011, 02:12 PM
So?

I don't know why people are so eager to be disappointed. 2009 was the only decent mayhem lineup. It confuses me why people get so hyped to hear the lineup announcement when we all know that it's just gonna have some shitty headliner like Limp Bizkit or 5FDP and the 2 or 3 good bands on the lineup are only gonna play 30 minute sets.

And to Xenocide and several others, whats the point of joining a forum if you're only going to participate in 1 thread? If all you want to talk about is mayhem fest you should just sick to the mayhem boards.

Xenocide
10-28-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't know why people are so eager to be disappointed. 2009 was the only decent mayhem lineup. It confuses me why people get so hyped to hear the lineup announcement when we all know that it's just gonna have some shitty headliner like Limp Bizkit or 5FDP and the 2 or 3 good bands on the lineup are only gonna play 30 minute sets.

And to Xenocide and several others, whats the point of joining a forum if you're only going to participate in 1 thread? If all you want to talk about is mayhem fest you should just sick to the mayhem boards.

"2009 was the only decent mayhem lineup" -opinion

As for your second paragraph, I lurk plenty in other threads and occasionally post.

kommie
10-28-2011, 10:55 PM
I always expect Mayhem to suck, therefore when the shitty washed up nu-metal headliners get announced that I liked when I was 14-16 get announced, I am never shocked.

mastodon421
10-29-2011, 03:57 AM
Personally, I get excited for the Mayhem lineup announcement. I have been every year since it's inception and it's always a great fucking time. I have enjoyed every lineup so far (to varying extents) and I am intrigued to see who is going to be on this year's festival. That being said, I don't really expect all the information to be leaked out yet. I am sure some bands are already booked, but there's pretty much no way the entire lineup has been set by now. I am pretty sure the lineup will be known fully by mid-December or so and I can wait until then. I am not one of those people who is going to get pissed that every fucking detail isn't out by Halloween.

Steev
10-29-2011, 03:59 AM
I always expect Mayhem to suck, therefore when the shitty washed up nu-metal headliners get announced that I liked when I was 14-16 get announced, I am never shocked.

I wouldn't call having your latest album debut at number 1 and being one of the top selling rock albums of the year "washed up"

because BOTH Godsmack and Disturbed had that

IrritatedTrout
10-29-2011, 04:43 AM
Half the posters in this thread should just go away forever. And yes, I am aware that I am a poster in this thread.:finger:

Xenocide
10-29-2011, 06:46 AM
>complain about thread's existence
>complain about length of thread
>but post in thread, making in the thread longer
>???
>PROFIT!

kommie
10-29-2011, 07:24 AM
serious question:

Does Mayhem have a varying age group of attendees? I've never been to one, but I did go to some Ozzfests, and there you could have anything from small kids with their metal parents, to people in their 50's-60's there solely just to see Ozzy, I would assume Ozzfest's range of attendees is more varied than Mayhem though, as Ozzy can easily play the venues without care to who else plays, and there are a lot of people who went to Ozzfest just to see Ozzy.

IrritatedTrout
10-29-2011, 09:37 AM
>complain about thread's existence
>complain about length of thread
>but post in thread, making in the thread longer
>???
>PROFIT!

You're a fucking genius, man.:tp:

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-29-2011, 10:07 AM
serious question:

Does Mayhem have a varying age group of attendees? I've never been to one, but I did go to some Ozzfests, and there you could have anything from small kids with their metal parents, to people in their 50's-60's there solely just to see Ozzy, I would assume Ozzfest's range of attendees is more varied than Mayhem though, as Ozzy can easily play the venues without care to who else plays, and there are a lot of people who went to Ozzfest just to see Ozzy.

The oldest people I see at Mayhem are usually in their mid 40's. They don't have Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, etc headline. Its usually more modern bands. Rob Zombie has probably been a band longer than the other Mayhem Fest headliners and he never was known until White Zombie became big back in 1992.

Steev
10-29-2011, 10:48 AM
I've seen way older than 40s at Mayhem, but its a diff crowd every year

Xenocide
10-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't know if it's just Boston, but the majority of the guys I see are muscleheads in their 20s/30s, and emo chicks. There's then a somewhat smaller group of straight up "metalheads" in their black shirts and long hair, and then a smaller demographic of normal looking people.

TiradesOfTruth
10-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Seems like in Detroit it is mostly metalheads then the scene kids, the the normal looking people. I'd say the age of the crowd is anywhere from 13-45.

Xenocide
10-29-2011, 12:55 PM
There was a couple in front of me at the main stage this past summer that looked like they were in their early 50s or late 40s.

mankvill
10-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Most of the people at Mayhem Fest are basically in four groups:

1. "Cool" parents who listened to AC/DC in college one time and now they wear bandanas and Harley shirts and keep screaming "FUCKIN METAL!" and are basically only there for whatever radio hard rock band is on the mainstage.

2. Introverted high schoolers who try hard to be mysterious and morbid with their chains, big pants and Mushroomhead t-shirts.

3. Bro's who just care about seeing titties and showing off their five finger death punch tats.

4. Genuine metal fans who are there for the few legitimately good bands on the tour, who usually instantly regret going to Mayhem fest after they see the crowd.

Xenocide
10-29-2011, 01:26 PM
I love how people on this forum act like their own personal opinion of which bands are "good" and "bad" are law.

illuminatus917
10-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I love how people on this forum act like their own personal opinion of which bands are "good" and "bad" are law.

Were you Metallica720 on the Official Mayhem Boards?

BloodoftheKings
10-29-2011, 01:32 PM

1. "Cool" parents who listened to AC/DC in college one time and now they wear bandanas and Harley shirts and keep screaming "FUCKIN METAL!" and are basically only there for whatever radio hard rock band is on the mainstage.

2. Introverted high schoolers who try hard to be mysterious and morbid with their chains, big pants and Mushroomhead t-shirts.

3. Bro's who just care about seeing titties and showing off their five finger death punch tats.

4. Genuine metal fans who are there for the few legitimately good bands on the tour, who usually instantly regret going to Mayhem fest after they see the crowd.

:lol: I've seen all of these at the 2 mayhems i've been to (08 and 09).

Depends what bands you're talking about. Some are debatable but some you can't argue against.

Five Finger Death Punch sucks = Fact

Mastodon is great = Fact

mankvill
10-29-2011, 01:36 PM

It's really easy to know which bands are good and bad.

metallicbrian666
10-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Don't mind Xeno, he's wrong a lot.

He also said Suicide Silence were the best band on the Latin American Cannibal Corpse/TBDM/SS tour

Steev
10-29-2011, 02:46 PM

You forgot about the mutants who don't function in normal society(rotted out teeth, sunburned, usually horrible tattoos all over sometimes including face, and stretched out piercings that just look wrong)

Indestructible
10-29-2011, 03:07 PM

:fist:

slapguitarer
10-29-2011, 03:09 PM

About 90% accurate.

xStructualDefect
10-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Eh it's all opinion. Personally I think most black metal is a joke of a genre. While I do like some of their stuff, I think Mastodon is pretty overrated. Just my opinion though. There isn't facts on what bands are bad and what bands are good.

/flameshield

inb4 ur wrong

mankvill
10-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Eh it's all opinion. Personally I think most black metal is a joke of a genre. While I do like some of their stuff, I think Mastodon is pretty overrated. Just my opinion though. There isn't facts on what bands are bad and what bands are good.

/flameshield

inb4 ur wrong

You are wrong!

illuminatus917
10-29-2011, 03:44 PM

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2460/opinion111.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/opinion111.png/)

Xenocide
10-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Yup, back in 2010.

@illuminatus

Xenocide
10-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Don't mind Xeno, he's wrong a lot.

He also said Suicide Silence were the best band on the Latin American Cannibal Corpse/TBDM/SS tour

twas a joke, dipshit. I also said TBDM fucking suck when I love that band.

IrritatedTrout
10-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Ban?;) Please.

Xenocide
10-30-2011, 05:30 AM
I wasn't spamming, I was reporting a new rumor that turned out to be wrong.

Steev
10-30-2011, 05:31 AM
I wasn't spamming, I was reporting a new rumor that turned out to be wrong.

which was?(just for shits and giggles)

kommie
10-30-2011, 07:41 AM
pretty sure you can delete posts instead of editing and saying 'ignore'

Xenocide
10-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Didn't notice that, my bad.

rugbyman
10-30-2011, 01:29 PM
the faceless and after the burial are now rumored to play.

kommie
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Amon Amarth, Meshuggah and Gojira now rumored to play.

MPF
10-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Strapping Young Lad, Frank Zappa and Mr. Bungle are now rumored to play.

Xenocide
10-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Can't tell if Rugbyman is telling the truth and others are trolling or if all are trolling...

kommie
10-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Strapping Young Lad, Frank Zappa and Mr. Bungle are now rumored to play.

Death just rumored too, and Wintersun and Bloodbath.

slapguitarer
10-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Led Zeppelin to headline.

MPF
10-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Can't tell if Rugbyman is telling the truth and others are trolling or if all are trolling...

Well if it helps any, Frank Zappa has been dead since 1993....

Death just rumored too, and Wintersun and Bloodbath.

and you just know Slipknot will still get top billing.

rugbyman
10-30-2011, 02:10 PM

i'm not trolling. some dude on another forum who works for a magazine or something said they were being talked about. he also mentioned slipknot and as i lay dying.

MPF
10-30-2011, 02:27 PM
So ASSuming that the real posts are true the lineup so far is:

Slipknot
Five Finger Death (Donkey) Punch
As I lay Dying
The Faceless
After The Burial

I'd to go that if it was coming anywhere near me.

Xenocide
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Well if it helps any, Frank Zappa has been dead since 1993....

Of course you were trolling, I just wanted to know if rugbyman were serious or not.

But coolbeans.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-30-2011, 02:43 PM

Slipknot
As I lay Dying
The Faceless
After The Burial

Its possible that Slipknot, 5FDP & AILD are the three mainstage headliners. I would hope that another band plays after 5FDP before Slipknot. Would love to see Slayer or AiC or Deftones in that spot but I bet Korn plays instead...

masterguy49
10-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Its possible that Slipknot, 5FDP & AILD are the three mainstage headliners. I would hope that another band plays after 5FDP before Slipknot. Would love to see Slayer or AiC or Deftones in that spot but I bet Korn plays instead...

AILD is def. not big enough to be 3rd. They'd be mainstage openers or headlining a side stage.

xStructualDefect
10-30-2011, 03:04 PM
AILD is def. not big enough to be 3rd. They'd be mainstage openers or headlining a side stage.

This. If 5FDP is actually on this they would be 3rd.

slapguitarer
10-30-2011, 03:16 PM

Slipknot
As I lay Dying
The Faceless
After The Burial

I'd to go that if it was coming anywhere near me.

If this is true, they'll need some really good side stage acts to get me to go. Unlike a lot of people, I don't want to see Slipknot again.

kommie
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
What these idiots need to do is get a band like Slipknot, and then get a more 'respected' Metal band more akin to the bands the more 'elite' metal heads like so that it's not just a Radio-Rock Fest. Get Slipknot, and have Lamb of God below them, or Slayer, fuck even Dethklok, who appeals to almost everyone.

Xenocide
10-30-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd be fine with Korn/Slipknot coheadlining. It would be a smart decision for the organizers.

slapguitarer
10-30-2011, 04:36 PM
What these idiots need to do is get a band like Slipknot, and then get a more 'respected' Metal band more akin to the bands the more 'elite' metal heads like so that it's not just a Radio-Rock Fest. Get Slipknot, and have Lamb of God below them, or Slayer, fuck even Dethklok, who appeals to almost everyone.

I'd love for Dethklok to be on the whole tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-30-2011, 04:39 PM

I agree. Variety is great. I like something from most subgenres of metal.

Xenocide
10-30-2011, 04:40 PM
But yeah, I have to agree that AILD couldn't be main support on the main stage. As of now I'm guessing the main stage is going to be AILD/5FDP/Korn/Slipknot.

I really want to see Killswitch Engage though.

xStructualDefect
10-30-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd be fine with Korn/Slipknot coheadlining. It would be a smart decision for the organizers.

As much as I don't want to see repeats for Mayhem, I honestly wouldn't mind this. Korn and Slipknot share many mutual fans. I got into metal by listening to both bands by around age 9. I'm sure that's the case for many metalheads so a lot of people would go to this for nostalgia.

Xenocide
10-30-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm indifferent when it comes to repeats.

Magson13
10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
I'd love for Dethklok to be on the whole tour.

They won't, though. This year, when they played their one date, they had to play last so their video screens would work. But if they actually did the whole tour, they would be on of the first two bands on the mainstage.

slapguitarer
10-30-2011, 05:31 PM
They won't, though. This year, when they played their one date, they had to play last so their video screens would work. But if they actually did the whole tour, they would be on of the first two bands on the mainstage.

I don't think so. On their last tour, they were playing at the same venues Slipknot played at. Also, Dethalbum is one of the highest selling albums in the US in recent years. They could co-headline.

MPF
10-30-2011, 05:50 PM

This would be headlining your festival right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DmYf2vhhg&feature=related

xStructualDefect
10-30-2011, 05:54 PM
They could co-headline.

I doubt it. More than half the crowd left before Dethklok played. There were so many empty seats that they let a bunch of people who were on the lawn into seats.

slapguitarer
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
I doubt it. More than half the crowd left before Dethklok played. There were so many empty seats that they let a bunch of people who were on the lawn into seats.

Well that's because Disturbed was also there. If you paired Dethklok with another band whose fanbase doesn't have the average IQ of 10, more people would've stayed. Disturbed fans are the kind of people who sit down during Megadeth.

Magson13
10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Well that's because Disturbed was also there. If you paired Dethklok with another band whose fanbase doesn't have the average IQ of 10, more people would've stayed. Disturbed fans are the kind of people who sit down during Megadeth.

So Dethklok wasn't announced as playing, at all, and therefore none of their fans were able to get tickets.... Is that what you're implying?

Dethklok played here at a club, for twenty bucks. Definitely not the same drawing capabilities as Slipknot :lol:

AnthG
10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
fuck even Dethklok, who appeals to almost everyone.

...They do?

slapguitarer
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
So Dethklok wasn't announced as playing, at all, and therefore none of their fans were able to get tickets.... Is that what you're implying?

Dethklok played here at a club, for twenty bucks. Definitely not the same drawing capabilities as Slipknot :lol:

First comment was just shits and giggles

Well, over here the Mastoklok tour played the same venue as Slipknot on their All Hope Is Gone tour.

MPF
10-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Please...go back to listening to this shit that you are accustomed to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHuayZK9sug&feature=related

Magson13
10-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Well, over here the Mastoklok tour played the same venue as Slipknot on their All Hope Is Gone tour.

Here it was the same club Megadeth played, for less money than Megadeth

stylesclash516
10-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Looks like we can confirm Slipknot is the headliner as per a friend of mine who emailed Clown's management. Here is a screen shot of the email:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3376/slipknotvz.jpg

makethemsuffer12
10-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Looks like we can confirm Slipknot is the headliner as per a friend of mine who emailed Clown's management. Here is a screen shot of the email:

Shocker.

I do want to see Slipknot again, the question though is if I or anyone else I know would be willing to go CT to see them.

BlindGuardian93
10-31-2011, 07:01 AM

I really want to believe this.

Steev
10-31-2011, 09:13 AM
I really want to believe this.

yeah, but it does seem very possible

brutal_descent
10-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Cool, will be my third time seeing Slipknot.

Xenocide
10-31-2011, 09:52 AM
It'll be my first time seeing Slipknot, and they (along with Metallica) are the band that got me into metal. Still love them. If the rest of the main stage is decent I'll probably get pit in Boston.

mankvill
10-31-2011, 10:07 AM
It'll be my 0th time seeing Slipknot

Xenocide
10-31-2011, 10:56 AM
A google search has revealed that Clown does in fact have a drum tech named Sean Kane... looks like this is legit.

kommie
10-31-2011, 11:09 AM
A google search has revealed that Clown does in fact have a trash can tech named Sean Kane... looks like this is legit.

that was fixed for you, but aside from that sarcasm, if the rest of the bands are half-way decent this might be my first Mayhem

IrritatedTrout
10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Alright, now I'm going to be so pissed if Mastodon wastes their summer on this tour. Or Anthrax. Or Testament. Or anyone that doesn't suck.

mastodon421
10-31-2011, 11:31 AM
That looks legit. I will be going to Mayhem for sure now. I can't fucking wait to see Slipknot again.

Xenocide
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Alright, now I'm going to be so pissed if Mastodon wastes their summer on this tour. Or Anthrax. Or Testament. Or anyone that doesn't suck.

I hope Mastodon and Testament are on the tour just to spite you.

Or just because I like them...

dcmetal108
10-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Slipknot alone will warrent me going and getting pit tickets!

stylesclash516
10-31-2011, 01:58 PM
A google search has revealed that Clown does in fact have a drum tech named Sean Kane... looks like this is legit.

Thanks Sherlock Holmes.

brutal_descent
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks Sherlock Holmes.

The way we say it in Russian is

"Спасибо, кэп!"

Steev
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM

I think that mightve been the guy in that band Gizmachi

Xenocide
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks Sherlock Holmes.

I don't think most people knew that, Captain MAN-LOVER.

COME AT ME BRO.

xStructualDefect
10-31-2011, 02:17 PM
I expected Slipknot to be headliner, and I'm pretty content about it. Should be fun. If Korn is the other co-headliner then that'd be even more awesome. My 10-14 year old self will be very stoked to see both of them together :D

stylesclash516
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Captain MAN-LOVER.

COME AT ME BRO.

Wow, I didn't know you liked it that way. Looks like we can throw you in the same boat as Magson.

AnthG
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
I expected Slipknot to be headliner, and I'm pretty content about it. Should be fun. If Korn is the other co-headliner then that'd be even more awesome. My 10-14 year old self will be very stoked to see both of them together :D

Everyone's been saying how seeing Slipknot and Korn together would be a dream come true. Problem is, as much as I love both bands, it isn't 2001. Or even 2005. I'd still be interested in a potential tour pairing, but I don't see it having the same flair or potential awesomeness as it could have had if they did it when they were still in their sorta-prime.

Steev
10-31-2011, 03:38 PM
Everyone's been saying how seeing Slipknot and Korn together would be a dream come true. Problem is, as much as I love both bands, it isn't 2001. Or even 2005. I'd still be interested in a potential tour pairing, but I don't see it having the same flair or potential awesomeness as it could have had if they did it when they were still in their sorta-prime.

They played together on the main stage at Rock On The Range(with Alice In Chains between them) and it worked well, had a huge draw

MPF
10-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow, I didn't know you liked it that way. Looks like we can throw you in the same boat as Magson.

:lol:

This new generation. I tell you. Once he starts hitting on me I'll be linking him to youtube videos as well.

slapguitarer
10-31-2011, 04:11 PM
Cool, will be my third time seeing Slipknot.

Have fun.

AnthG
10-31-2011, 05:59 PM
They played together on the main stage at Rock On The Range(with Alice In Chains between them) and it worked well, had a huge draw

I'm not talking about draw, i'm talking about the quality of the performances.

Steev
10-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not talking about draw, i'm talking about the quality of the performances.

The performances were great too, and since then I've seen KoRn do much better shows

AnthG
10-31-2011, 07:33 PM
My concern is more for Slipknot. And to be fair, i don't think either band is bad live. I'm just saying this tour possibility doesn't have the same amount of excitement that it did back when both bands were really kicking ass and taking names in the early 2000s.

TheDeadPanda
10-31-2011, 07:51 PM
My concern is more for Slipknot. And to be fair, i don't think either band is bad live. I'm just saying this tour possibility doesn't have the same amount of excitement that it did back when both bands were really kicking ass and taking names in the early 2000s.

Concern with what?.. Theyre amazing live.

llama lom
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Since Paul passed, people around the world have been waiting to see them live. They'll have no problem drawing in people to shows.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Slipknot is probably one of the top 4 most popular metal bands today alongside Tool, Metallica & Iron Maiden. None of those bands have a problem of putting butts into seats.

On a different note... I directly asked the Hatebreed guys about Mayhem. They said that everything is still up in the air and that they weren't sure yet. Was told this backstage at the VIP meet n greet a few hours ago. Dude had a cheese eating smile on his face when talking about it. I think they are on but he was instructed not to say anything. Either way it is a fact that they are definitely trying to land on the fest for 2012

hellawaits77ny
11-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Definately NOT complaining about Slipknot headlining. However, I hope they still do a headlining tour of their own, so they'll player longer than 65 minutes. Or maybe some of you are right in that Slipknot will be the solo headliners on Mayhem.

Xenocide
11-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Somebody on the official boards asked Sid on a webcam chat whether Slipknot is on it and he said they are.

Steev
11-01-2011, 05:14 AM
so we're maybe looking at

Slipknot
KoRn
Five Finger Death Punch
Hatebreed
As I Lay Dying

4 repeats, but I'd totally go to that

kommie
11-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Let's just hope they stick with a similar setlist to this summer's European dates - on average 2 songs from the shit stained AHIG