PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2012

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

larvtard
10-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Keep in mind he is the one who started the nu-metal thread.

and never finished :finger:

Is a man not allowed to have a guilty pleasure?

DementedX14
10-08-2011, 05:54 PM
and never finished :finger:

Is a man not allowed to have a guilty pleasure?

You should really finished it. I would like to see the rest of the list.

AnthG
10-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Do you think because they both wear masks, that they would automatically not tour together?

No. It's because both bands, and more specifically both fanbases, genuinely hate each other. Fans of Mushroomhead 10-12 years ago attended a Slipknot show in Cleveland (MRH's hometown) in droves and pelted the band offstage with batteries, and according to an interview with Slipknot in Revolver a couple of years back a couple of members went into the crowd and started beating on and fighting with the fans in the crowd that were throwing stuff at them. They've traded insults consistently back and forth. According to Mushroomhead, a woman associated with the band was verbally harrassed and almost cornered by a couple of Knot members shortly after the battery throwing incident in Cleveland. They've taken shots at each other as recently as 2006 or 2007. Not to mention Mushroomhead helped finance and promote that film "A Clown Short of Destiny" that does nothing but criticize Slipknot for taking advantage of the Des Moines music scene and then doing nothing to help the other local bands there (despite the fact that Corey, Clown, and Sid have all worked with local Iowa bands and helped them out).

So yeah, I don't see a tour between these guys happening at all. As far as i'm concerned, that public condolence to Paul Gray from Mushroomhead doesn't mean shit. That was probably done as an act of good PR. The media and fans may have blown the Metallica/Megadeth and Megadeth/Slayer feuds and what not out of proportion, but the feud Slipknot and Mushroomhead was real and filled with hatred.

JulianH
10-09-2011, 09:36 AM
so WOLVERINKILLS hearing any thing about bands? I trust your word more than the other people on here

Xenocide
10-09-2011, 01:14 PM
He said Hatebreed and As I Lay Dying are both big possibilities, and he hasn't taken that back so I guess it still applies. Idk about anything new.

Dextrimental
10-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Not much of a feat considering the band...

Actually that's impressive no matter the band. You try remembering five albums worth of songs, and be able to recess them at will. Its not an easy task.

Also, @Magson13, according to my friends, there were a couple of obscurities throw in for good measure by the crowd, and Limp Bizkit had a LOT of popular songs, it would have been very easy to be un-rehearsed in quite a few of them.

Xenocide
10-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I think the only reason they would announce the headliner this early would be if its a really big band that people would be happy about, like Slipknot.

xStructualDefect
10-09-2011, 01:59 PM
As I Lay Dying would be awesome and i really hope they're on this, but I wouldn't really want to see Hatebreed again. They put on a very good show last time but it'd be lame in my opinion to have more second stage repeats when there's so many bands to choose from to put on the second stages. I like Trivium but I wasn't really excited to see them this year because they already played in '09. I guess I didn't mind Suicide Silence being a repeat because I missed them when they played '08, so it wasn't a repeat for me at least. I also hated them back then so I didn't care that I missed them.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
so WOLVERINKILLS hearing any thing about bands? I trust your word more than the other people on here

At this point and time look at Roadrunner Records... Slipknot, Korn, KsE... I'd say 2 of those 3 will play in 2012... along with probably Hatebreed, AILD, Mastodon... nothing official or being leaked from the Mayhem camp, but a few possibilities (Hatebreed, AILD) mixed with past behavior & common sense (Roadrunner) will lead us in the right direction ;)

JulianH
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
At this point and time look at Roadrunner Records... Slipknot, Korn, KsE... I'd say 2 of those 3 will play in 2012... along with probably Hatebreed, AILD, Mastodon... nothing official or being leaked from the Mayhem camp, but a few possibilities (Hatebreed, AILD) mixed with past behavior & common sense (Roadrunner) will lead us in the right direction ;)

lmao awesome man thanks I didnt know KsE was in the running I knew they were working on shit but ya and i had a feel Mastodon would be on what do you think about Lamb being on?

xskizzelzx90x
10-09-2011, 10:04 PM
No. It's because both bands, and more specifically both fanbases, genuinely hate each other. Fans of Mushroomhead 10-12 years ago attended a Slipknot show in Cleveland (MRH's hometown) in droves and pelted the band offstage with batteries, and according to an interview with Slipknot in Revolver a couple of years back a couple of members went into the crowd and started beating on and fighting with the fans in the crowd that were throwing stuff at them. They've traded insults consistently back and forth. According to Mushroomhead, a woman associated with the band was verbally harrassed and almost cornered by a couple of Knot members shortly after the battery throwing incident in Cleveland. They've taken shots at each other as recently as 2006 or 2007. Not to mention Mushroomhead helped finance and promote that film "A Clown Short of Destiny" that does nothing but criticize Slipknot for taking advantage of the Des Moines music scene and then doing nothing to help the other local bands there (despite the fact that Corey, Clown, and Sid have all worked with local Iowa bands and helped them out).

So yeah, I don't see a tour between these guys happening at all. As far as i'm concerned, that public condolence to Paul Gray from Mushroomhead doesn't mean shit. That was probably done as an act of good PR. The media and fans may have blown the Metallica/Megadeth and Megadeth/Slayer feuds and what not out of proportion, but the feud Slipknot and Mushroomhead was real and filled with hatred.

this is all true, I remember hearing all about this. it was all unnecessary and really sucked cuz Im in love with both bands and theyre both so great live. but, mushroomhead apparently has considered this over for a while now, and its mostly been fans carrying it on over the past couple years.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152930

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-10-2011, 03:52 AM
I would say that KsE, LoG and Mastodon are all strong possibilities. I do not think you will see all 3 bands on the tour. Remember that KsE could play Warped/Uproar because they are more radio friendly than the other bands.

My GUESS is that Slipknot will headline & Roadrunner will use that band as a way to place several of their own bands on the tour. Mayhem Fest needs a solid headliner & Slipknot seems likely at this point.

Nick_to_the_face
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
On the topic of Mushroomhead and Slipknot, I wore a Mushroomhead to a Slipknot show, no malice intended, and no one said a thing:eyes:

dcmetal108
10-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I would say that KsE, LoG and Mastodon are all strong possibilities. I do not think you will see all 3 bands on the tour. Remember that KsE could play Warped/Uproar because they are more radio friendly than the other bands.

My GUESS is that Slipknot will headline & Roadrunner will use that band as a way to place several of their own bands on the tour. Mayhem Fest needs a solid headliner & Slipknot seems likely at this point.

KSE I think is a strong possibility saying that they are making a new album which I think they said will be released in the spring. Plus they did Mayhem in 2009 so I don't think they would mind coming back.

llama lom
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I can see more djent type bands getting on this with the recent increase in popularity.

kommie
10-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I can see more djent type bands getting on this with the recent increase in popularity.

Ugh.. did you hear that Djent band with a vagina and tits for a singer? that shit will get popular, cause people love bands with female singers, that are basically only famous cause they have tits and a vagina.

MPF
10-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Ugh.. did you hear that Djent band with a vagina and tits for a singer? that shit will get popular, cause people love bands with female singers, that are basically only famous cause they have tits and a vagina.

I know what you are trying to get at, but that works for any form of music.

JulianH
10-10-2011, 02:51 PM

I personally hope LoG and Mastodon are on I'm a big KsE fan but idk I just want LoG and Mastodon on more and I hope to god that Slipknot is on and if not that they have a killer line up with em but that would kinda just have one Roadrunner band and I dont seem them allowing just one band on the lineup

Steev
10-10-2011, 03:51 PM

My assumption is Periphery will be on it, and I'm fine with that

mastodon421
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I actually think it would be pretty awesome if Periphery was on this. They have two new records coming out next year, so it would make sense.

slapguitarer
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I actually think it would be pretty awesome if Periphery was on this. They have two new records coming out next year, so it would make sense.

Two? Jesus Christ. I wonder if they'll be as long as the self-titled, because that alone could've been two records or at least one record and an EP...

Xenocide
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Periphery would be an interesting as a side stage opener, I'm yet to see a straight-up "Djent" band in person. I have my fingers crossed for Baroness, seeing how Red Fang was on the lineup last year...

llama lom
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Periphery would be an interesting as a side stage opener, I'm yet to see a straight-up "Djent" band in person. I have my fingers crossed for Baroness, seeing how Red Fang was on the lineup last year...

Baroness on Mayhem would be all kinds of awesome, though I don't see it happening.

Steev
10-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Baroness on Mayhem would be all kinds of awesome, though I don't see it happening.

Relapse was able to get Red Fang on last year after all, and Baroness is much higher profile(toured the US with Mastodon, Deftones, etc)

I honestly could see them on, and would like to, haven't seen these guys in years(was actually at the record release show for their first EP in 04)

llama lom
10-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Relapse was able to get Red Fang on last year after all, and Baroness is much higher profile(toured the US with Mastodon, Deftones, etc)

I honestly could see them on, and would like to, haven't seen these guys in years(was actually at the record release show for their first EP in 04)

I didn't know they had toured with those bands before. If they got Baroness on I would probably go instantly.

slapguitarer
10-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I didn't know they had toured with those bands before. If they got Baroness on I would probably go instantly.

Yeah, Baroness has been around. They actually opened up for Metallica in Australia.

Steev
10-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Yeah, Baroness has been around. They actually opened up for Metallica in Australia.

Also got A LOT of press when Revolver made "The Red Album" album of a the year awhile back

mastodon421
10-11-2011, 04:47 AM
I think if Relapse gets a band on Mayhem next year, it will be Revocation.

Steev
10-11-2011, 05:04 AM
I think if Relapse gets a band on Mayhem next year, it will be Revocation.

I'm good with that too, but who says they can only have one band?(I mean Metal Blade had a whole stage in 09)

slapguitarer
10-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm good with that too, but who says they can only have one band?(I mean Metal Blade had a whole stage in 09)

This, and Relapse had both Red Fang and Kingdom of Sorrow. So maybe we could get both Baroness and Revocation....

Steev
10-11-2011, 05:36 PM
This, and Relapse had both Red Fang and Kingdom of Sorrow. So maybe we could get both Baroness and Revocation....

We can dream right?

Steev
10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
At this point I see this as a possible lineup

Main: Slipknot, Lamb of God, Anthrax

Rotating Main: Testament, Devildriver, As I Lay Dying

Revolver Stage: Periphery, Skeletonwitch, iwrestledabearonce

Jager Stage: Darkest Hour, Baroness, Revocation

Steev
10-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm aware Ill probably be very wrong, buuuut worth a shot

MPF
10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
At this point I see this as a possible lineup

Main: Slipknot, Lamb of God, Anthrax

Rotating Main: Testament, Devildriver, As I Lay Dying

Revolver Stage: Periphery, Skeletonwitch, iwrestledabearonce

Jager Stage: Darkest Hour, Baroness, Revocation

Switch Anthrax and LOG around and that is very possible.

Although I will be a dick and hope this doesen't happen, because I know this tour isn't coming to Minnesota, and I wanna see most of these bands next year.

Steev
10-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Switch Anthrax and LOG around and that is very possible.

Although I will be a dick and hope this doesen't happen, because I know this tour isn't coming to Minnesota, and I wanna see most of these bands next year.

I feel like LOG is a bigger draw(remember Anthrax is supporting FFDP next month at a show)
it seems like Anthrax could be this years Megadeth

MPF
10-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I feel like LOG is a bigger draw(remember Anthrax is supporting FFDP next month at a show)
it seems like Anthrax could be this years Megadeth

WHAT WHAT WHAT?????

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1237105651021&id=21d36f7e79c7f6d70cd9be5ef22bb691

Steev
10-11-2011, 06:13 PM
WHAT WHAT WHAT?????

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1237105651021&id=21d36f7e79c7f6d70cd9be5ef22bb691

Yeah they're replacing All That Remains at one of the shows

mastodon421
10-11-2011, 06:14 PM

Very true, like Slap mentioned they had two bands last year. Really anything's possible at this point in time.

MPF
10-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah they're replacing All That Remains at one of the shows

There is no god...

BloodoftheKings
10-11-2011, 06:24 PM
There is no god...

Megadeth opens for Disturbed
Anthrax opens for Five Finger Donkey Punch

I'm afraid next year we are gonna see Exodus open for Black Veil Brides.

Magson13
10-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Anthrax opened for Megadeth/SLAYER, they would be lower than Megadeth was on the lineup.

Lamb of God would be where Megadeth was. Aka, where they were last year. Nothing has happened to move them up the lineup.

Magson13
10-11-2011, 06:25 PM

If Black Veil Brides and Exodus actually toured together..... Yes, that would happen.

Steev
10-11-2011, 06:25 PM
There is no god...

Hey if it sells Anthrax albums it'll help

I'm counting on SO MANY fights at these shows

BloodoftheKings
10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Anthrax opened for Megadeth/SLAYER, they would be lower than Megadeth was on the lineup.

Lamb of God would be where Megadeth was. Aka, where they were last year. Nothing has happened to move them up the lineup.

You know the lineup doesn't have to precisely equal to last years bill.

Steev
10-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Yeah, but I think considering how well last year did we'll see 3 co-headliners on Main and rotating openers again

MPF
10-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Don't you ever say that again!!!

If that happens, Slayer will open for Asking Alexandria.

Magson13
10-11-2011, 06:55 PM

Hey, it's true..... And nah, SLAYER would headline that. But Asking Alexandria would be over Anthrax

Magson13
10-11-2011, 06:58 PM

There's a pretty basic formula for the tour. Two coheadliners, mainstream draw, small arena/large club headliners. Third, large club headliner with solid support bands. Fourth/Sidestage headliners, small club headliners. They've never broken this pattern in four years, why would next year be any different?

GarageMetal468
10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
If Black Veil Brides and Exodus actually toured together..... Yes, that would happen.

I'd actually support these tours.

Think about it.

The die hard Exodus fans would kill the scene kids at every show, thus reducing the amount of scene kids throughout the nation.

Now if this continues on to this hypothetical Slayer/Asking Alexandria tour, there would be no doubt that the die hard Slayer fans would not only kill and/or mutilate whatever scene kids remain, but end up tracking down and killing Asking Alexandria themselves for headlining over FUCKIN SLAYER

Magson13
10-11-2011, 08:06 PM
killing Asking Alexandria themselves for headlining over FUCKIN SLAYER

AA would not headline over SLAYER though. In terms of draw, SLAYER gets the top slot there....

illuminatus917
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
AA would not headline over SLAYER though. In terms of draw, SLAYER gets the top slot there....

Nevertheless, Garagemetal's point is an accurate one. Regardless of the headliner, a Slayer/Asking Alexandria tour would result in casualties.

jd091
10-11-2011, 10:52 PM
WHAT WHAT WHAT?????

...and this is surprising why? What was the last Anthrax song you heard played 60 times a day on the radio? Let alone at all?

mankvill
10-11-2011, 10:58 PM
...and this is surprising why? What was the last Anthrax song you heard played 60 times a day on the radio? Let alone at all?

The rock radio station here actually plays The Devil You Know all the time. :eyes:

kommie
10-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Asking Alexandria would play over Slayer, as horrible as it sounds, you have to remember, most of the bands that are headliners on this tour are put there to sell tickets(herp derp Disturbed, Slipknot, more Disturbed), and someone here has said that the year Slayer were a headliner, it didn't sell too well.

larvtard
10-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Asking Alexandria over Slayer is definitely a bit much.

MPF
10-12-2011, 09:44 AM
The rock radio station here actually plays The Devil You Know all the time. :eyes:

Yeah same here.

ASSumptions, are exactly that.

jd091
10-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah same here.

ASSumptions, are exactly that.

Not an Anthrax fan anyway! :ass:

MPF
10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Not an Anthrax fan anyway! :ass:

I'm not a Deathcore fan. But I understand it's appeal to people and why people listen.

kommie
10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
We all know Slayer should headline over them in a realistic world, but this tour exists to make money.

larvtard
10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
We all know Slayer should headline over them in a realistic world, but this tour exists to make money.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Slayer would still attract a much larger crowd. Give them credit, dude.

makethemsuffer12
10-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Slayer would still attract a much larger crowd. Give them credit, dude.

This. There is no way AA could headline over Slayer.

And though that one Mayhem fest they were on didn't sell as well as others, you have to remember that Manson played last, and, let's be real, he is as irrelevant as it gets.

xStructualDefect
10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah Manson was a bad idea for a headliner. He could probably fill up clubs nowadays but he i doubt he could fill up theaters. I left after Slayer that year and my friend said there was maybe 2/5s of the crowd left before he went on.

dcmetal108
10-12-2011, 03:07 PM
For the Chicago date no one really left that I saw. The place was still pretty packed for Manson.

And I'd love to see him again just not on Mayhem.

AnthG
10-12-2011, 09:37 PM
It's a lot more tolerable with bands like Disturbed and Godsmack over Megadeth. Yeah, Megadeth's much more legendary and been around longer, but at least Godsmack and Disturbed have also been around for quite some time and have built a large following through touring and what not. Same with Manson over Slayer in 2009 (and that 2007 tour). I think AA headlining over Slayer is a huge over-exaggeration.

It's almost as if you guys want stuff like that to happen so you can complain.

Magson13
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
SLAYER plays clubs for $30, Asking Alexandria plays clubs for $20.... SLAYER would be over AA. Sheer numbers. If you change it from SLAYER to someone like.... Testament, then ya, Testament would be opening for AA.

AnthG
10-13-2011, 11:42 AM
If by clubs for $30 you mean small arenas/amphitheatres for $60...

mankvill
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
If by clubs for $30 you mean small arenas/amphitheatres for $60...

I think the last time I saw Slayer headline an actual tour (not american carnage) tix were $35.

christopher
10-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Winter just posted this on facebook

thank you all for your support on our west coast tour- the shows went great! next show we have booked is at Mayhem Fest - May 25-27 2012 - see you then!

:confused:

mankvill
10-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Winter just posted this on facebook

:confused:

they meant MDF

masterguy49
10-13-2011, 08:00 PM
they meant MDF

:lol:

hellawaits77ny
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
If Asking Alexandria ever so much as got a main stage slot, that would be a travesty.

TheDeadPanda
10-13-2011, 09:31 PM
asking alexandria wont be on this tour!!! dont even mention it!:mad:

christopher
10-14-2011, 09:56 AM
they meant MDF

That's what I figured but someone asked them and they posted a link to Mayhem Fests fb, so it made it confusing :lol:

Xenocide
10-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Ivan Moody apparently said on facebook that 5FDP is touring the US this summer. Maybe they're on Mayhem?

mastodon421
10-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Ivan Moody apparently said on facebook that 5FDP is touring the US this summer. Maybe they're on Mayhem?

God damn it, not again.

illuminatus917
10-15-2011, 04:44 PM

great

OraclesofAgony
10-15-2011, 04:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

kommie
10-15-2011, 05:54 PM
It always amuses me when shitty bands are rumored, and people here get upset........ this tour exists to sell tickets, and the greater population likes shit like 5 Finger Donkey Punch.

mankvill
10-15-2011, 06:01 PM
It always amuses me when shitty bands are rumored, and people here get upset........ this tour exists to sell tickets, and the greater population likes shit like 5 Finger Donkey Punch.

Honestly this tour now has about the same ratio of good bands to bad as Warped Tour now

300%_Density
10-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Honestly this tour now has about the same ratio of good bands to bad as Warped Tour now

Depending on the year I will either agree w/ you or disagree w/ you. There's a reason I only manage to go to Warped once every other year on average. I only found Warped worth it in '03, '06, '07, '10. Come to think of it maybe your onto something.

*Edit not that the ones before '03 weren't good, I just didn't know alot of that music pre-'03

xStructualDefect
10-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Fuck. I really hope 5FDP aren't on this. Not because I think they're a bad band, but because it'd be their 3rd time on it. Really being on the lineup 3x within 5 years of the festival being around? Pretty lame if you ask me. If that's the case then they will be my rest/piss break band.

Epidemic Reign
10-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I wish people would stop caring about this fest.

Yes

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-16-2011, 12:13 AM
5FDP could be a coheadliner for Mayhem or Uproar. I really think they are better suited for Uproar at this point. I could see them & Evanescence headlining Uproar this summer. Mayhem has alot of other bands who sell tickets they can choose from as headliners such as Slipknot, Korn, KsE, LoG, Mastodon, etc. One thing to remember is that they have the same management as Korn, so a possible tour of those bands plus a few opening bands could be a possibility as well.

Magson13
10-16-2011, 04:10 AM
5FDP could be a coheadliner for Mayhem or Uproar
Mayhem has alot of other bands who sell tickets they can choose from as headliners such as......KsE, LoG, Mastodon, etc
Bahahahahahhahahahaha and I actually thought you knew something about the music industry.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Bhahahahahahahahaha... in general, is there a least liked or least respected poster around these parts than you? Seriously? Can someone besides Magson13 answer this with a different name?

daimonos
10-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Bahahahahahhahahahaha and I actually thought you knew something about the music industry.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164576

Sad but true.

MPF
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Magson13
10-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

What am I wrong about? FFDP isn't big enough to coheadline an amphitheatre tour. Nor are KSE, Mastodon, nor LoG.

Magson13
10-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Bhahahahahahahahaha... in general, is there a least liked or least respected poster around these parts than you? Seriously? Can someone besides Magson13 answer this with a different name?

Awww, do the popular kids not like me nor my opinions?

larvtard
10-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Maggers, as much as I stand up for you man, you're way wrong on this one bud... Mastodon and Lamb of God could easily co-headline an amphittheatre tour. FFDP and KsE, not so much in my opinion, but hey, the statistics don't lie...

Magson13
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Maggers, as much as I stand up for you man, you're way wrong on this one bud... Mastodon and Lamb of God could easily co-headline an amphittheatre tour. FFDP and KsE, not so much in my opinion, but hey, the statistics don't lie...

Lamb of God did this tour in 2010, and have done nothing since then to increase their ability to draw. Mastodon is about to go on a club tour for twenty bucks, not even close to an amphitheatre band.

MPF
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Lamb of God did this tour in 2010, and have done nothing since then to increase their ability to draw. Mastodon is about to go on a club tour for twenty bucks, not even close to an amphitheatre band.

1.) LOG is writing a new album....so yeah you're wrong again.

2.) Mastodon always does a small club tour on their first tour for a new album, and each tour after is either the same or bigger.

Please...look into shit before posting your thoughts.

Dextrimental
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
What am I wrong about? FFDP isn't big enough to coheadline an amphitheatre tour. Nor are KSE, Mastodon, nor LoG.

Alright, who do you think would headline this festival? Let's hear your predictions.

Magson13
10-16-2011, 07:47 PM
1.) LOG is writing a new album....so yeah you're wrong again.

2.) Mastodon always does a small club tour on their first tour for a new album, and each tour after is either the same or bigger.

Please...look into shit before posting your thoughts.

What does writing a new album have to do with headlining amphitheatres? My buddy's band is writing a new album in their garage. Does that mean they automatically qualify as a headliner for an amphitheatre?

If Mastodon were capable of headlining amphitheatres, the price for a club show would be a bit more than twenty bucks. And last year, they toured amphitheatres, as an opening act.

larvtard
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
What does writing a new album have to do with headlining amphitheatres? My buddy's band is writing a new album in their garage. Does that mean they automatically qualify as a headliner for an amphitheatre?

If Mastodon were capable of headlining amphitheatres, the price for a club show would be a bit more than twenty bucks. And last year, they toured amphitheatres, as an opening act.

They're perfectly capable of headlining amphittheatres if it was on a tour like this. Maybe not on their own headlining tour, but they still headline and sell out pretty big clubs all the same, so let's not underestimate their popularity here. And Mastodon charges about 20-35 bucks on their headlining tours, which is pretty expensive for a metal band but not horrible. Remember, they are the quintessential modern metal band. Rolling Stone sucks their dick; that should tell you something.

And I believe the LOG example Dexty made was a counter to your point that LOG isn't capable of headlining amphittheatres because they haven't released an album since 2009. A fair point, but your counter-point about your buddy's band was completely irrelevant.

Magson13
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM
If they're capable of doing so, then why didn't they when they were on the tour last year? My point is that they did this tour, and did not headline, and there is nothing that has happened to spike their popularity upwards to move them up the lineup. Simply writing a new album does not change their popularity. And that's where the metaphor of my buddy's band writing in their garage comes in.

Mastodon plays clubs for less than what Megadeth plays them for, and Megadeth wasn't even one of the top two bands this year. Just because Rolling Stone loves them, doesn't mean they draw a big enough crowd for amphitheatres.

Dextrimental
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
If they're capable of doing so, then why didn't they when they were on the tour last year? My point is that they did this tour, and did not headline, and there is nothing that has happened to spike their popularity upwards to move them up the lineup. Simply writing a new album does not change their popularity. And that's where the metaphor of my buddy's band writing in their garage comes in.

This album could push their popularity up another notch. Considering Lamb of God's rise since the start of their career, this new album could easily see them gain headlining status. They are in a perfect position to be upgraded to headlining status for the festival.

daimonos
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Magson must be forgetting that Lamb of God were main support on Ozzfest 2007 and that their last album debuted at number 2, only behind Taylor Swift. 2 years ago.

Magson13
10-16-2011, 08:36 PM
This album could push their popularity up another notch. Considering Lamb of God's rise since the start of their career, this new album could easily see them gain headlining status. They are in a perfect position to be upgraded to headlining status for the festival.

It could. So could In This Moment's new album. Doesn't mean anything until the single is released. If they decide to sell out, and be more radio friendly, then sure, they could gather a large enough audience for amphitheatres.

Magson13
10-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Magson must be forgetting that Lamb of God were main support on Ozzfest 2007 and that their last album debuted at number 2, only behind Taylor Swift. 2 years ago.

Right. Because supporting Ozzy Osbourne, on a free tour, totally means they draw a crowd. :tp:

Their last album debuted at number 2. And they still didn't have a big enough crowd to be a coheadliner last year.

daimonos
10-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Right. Because supporting Ozzy Osbourne, on a free tour, totally means they draw a crowd. :tp:

Their last album debuted at number 2. And they still didn't have a big enough crowd to be a coheadliner last year.

It wasn't the size of their crowd that prevented them from being a coheadliner, it was the two bigger bands that the organizers could get instead :tp:

Dextrimental
10-16-2011, 08:41 PM
It could. So could In This Moment's new album. Doesn't mean anything until the single is released. If they decide to sell out, and be more radio friendly, then sure, they could gather a large enough audience for amphitheatres.

Lamb of God have a MUCH higher chance of it happening, based on their already highly rated status amongst the general metal population, and the fact that they have not stopped getting more popular and garnering more success with each release. I can also see them doing it without 'selling out' and becoming more radio-friendly, but that's a difference of opinion.

Also, I already asked this earlier, Magson13, what are your predictions for next years headliners? You seem so quick to doubt everyone's predictions, I would imagine you have a set of predictions of your own that go against any of those mentioned here?

mankvill
10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
If not next year, LoG is only a few years away from headlining amphitheater tours. They sold out a huge theater here in town a few years back and are always a gigantic draw no matter where they go. I don't like em, but they're destined to be as big, if not bigger, as Pantera.

Steev
10-16-2011, 09:04 PM
The only way LOG does Mayhem is as a coheadliner, especially when they're playing the same venues as Slayer and Rob Zombie(among others)

dcmetal108
10-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Like mankvill said LOG is only years away from headlining amplitheaters because when they do tour they have huge crowds and sell out places.

Also like diamonos said they didn't headline when they played on Mayhem because the other two bands had a much bigger draw.

(Also whoever said that FFDP and Evanescence could do Uproar I could see that happening. Although I think it'd be in this order : main stage opener, FFDP, Evanescence, then headliner.)

AnthG
10-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I'll disagree with Magson here about Lamb of God as I think they could possibly co-headline a tour like Mayhem. When they did that tour a couple years back with As I lay Dying and Children of Bodom (I think it was the first tour they did for Wrath), they played a 6,000 person arena here. I didn't attend the show so I don't know how close they got to filling it up, but they could have easily selected to play a GA venue in town that holds about 3,200, and they didn't.

But I have to disagree with the rest of you about Mastodon. Yeah, they've crossed over into the mainstream quite a bit with Rolling Stone coverage and playing on Letterman twice, but I still think at best they're a large club (3,000ish) capacity band when they're headlining. I could be wrong (as I have been before about these things. Several times), but I don't see them higher than 3rd billing if they do Mayhem.

dcmetal108
10-16-2011, 09:41 PM
I don't know if I'd say Mastodon could headline Mayhem but co-headline it I think is quite possible.

illuminatus917
10-16-2011, 09:42 PM
The fact that Lamb of God is releasing a new album is irrelevant in and of itself to their ability to draw. It is relevant to their possible spot on the bill. If the album is well received it will be relevant to their ability to draw. I'm actually not sure I agree with all the folks saying Lamb of God could co-headline Mayhem this coming year, but I agree with mankvill that if they don't in 2012, it's likely only a matter of time before they'll be able to.

The comparison to Ozzfest is irrelevant. When you have Ozzy Osbourne headlining a tour, you don't need popular support bands to draw. Unlike Mayhem.

slapguitarer
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I can see Mastodon and LoG co-headlining Mayhem Fest in like, 3-5 years from now. Not 2012, but soon.

The only bands I think have the capability of headlining the fest that haven't already are Tool, Alice in Chains, and Dethklok. Say what you want, but I think Alice in Chains are a band that appeals to the generic Mayhem crowd.

illuminatus917
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
The only bands I think have the capability of headlining the fest that haven't already are Tool, Alice in Chains, and Dethklok. Say what you want, but I think Alice in Chains are a band that appeals to the generic Mayhem crowd.

Rammstein could headline it.

Tool would be incredible, though.

MPF
10-16-2011, 10:26 PM

How does it feel knowing that at this rate you'll live your life completely alone? Seriously if you act like this around people in real life, you will be alone forever. Maybe you just think you are too much of a badass and a hipster cynical asshole to care what anyone thinks but yourself, but seriously dude, do yourself a favor, get laid. The only ones who hang around Cynical assholes....are themselves.

But back on topic, I'll say it again, if Mayhem couldn't afford Rammstein this year, how can they afford them next year?

I wouldn't doubt that LOG will at least co-headline headline the more I think about it, but look at all the previous Mayhem festivals, they gotta have someone with Clean vocals to headline top bill. It just draws more. Mastodon would be under Lamb of God sadly, maybe one day that will change.

But regardless whoever had top bill will be radio friendly.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-16-2011, 10:29 PM
The comparison to Ozzfest is irrelevant. When you have Ozzy Osbourne headlining a tour, you don't need popular support bands to draw. Unlike Mayhem.

Exactly... like if Slipknot or Korn headline Mayhem Fest... which I think either of them is likely to do so this year...

larvtard
10-16-2011, 10:31 PM
The only ones who hang around Cynical assholes....are themselves.

:( He's right...

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-16-2011, 10:35 PM
But back on topic, I'll say it again, if Mayhem couldn't afford Rammstein this year, how can they afford them next year?

Instead of 2 bigger acts headlining they could have a more well known headliner like Slipknot, Rammstein, etc then have KsE, Mastodon, Dethklok level bands coheadline instead of the B level bands like Disturbed, Zombie, Godsmack, etc. Spend more $ for a bigger headliner & less $ on the rest of the main stage.

illuminatus917
10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
The only ones who hang around Cynical assholes....are themselves.

:( He's right...

I don't necessarily think that's true. Human personality complexes run deeper than that. It's extremely general to say "cynical assholes have no friends," or things of that sort, and while it may be true in some cases, it's perfectly feasible to assume some cynical assholes have other redeemable qualities (humor, for instance, or intellect) that can attract others to them.

MPF
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Instead of 2 bigger acts headlining they could have a more well known headliner like Slipknot, Rammstein, etc then have KsE, Mastodon, Dethklok level bands coheadline instead of the B level bands like Disturbed, Zombie, Godsmack, etc. Spend more $ for a bigger headliner & less $ on the rest of the main stage.

AS much as I love Rammstein, I don't see it happening. They are going to want the biggest bands that makes sense to have. unless Rammstein is putting out an album Summer/Fall 2012, I can't see it happening.

Mayhem gets bigger and bigger every year (and of course comes nowhere near Minnesota, but that's besides the point) All the bigger bands are going to want to be apart of this unless they can afford to headline themselves. They are going to want to see that, not just have one big band and 11 smaller....SMALLER bands.

I don't necessarily think that's true. Human personality complexes run deeper than that. It's extremely general to say "cynical assholes have no friends," or things of that sort, and while it may be true in some cases, it's perfectly feasible to assume some cynical assholes have other redeemable qualities (humor, for instance, or intellect) that can attract others to them.

How many friends do you think he has in real life? If he's like this about music, imagine how he is in other aspects in life. The only reason people like him have friends (unless there is some good qualities about...if you do, feel free to show them off, Magson) Is to make themselves feel better. Unless you are apart of the hipster/cynical asshole crowd. Or youre trying to be an ironic douce, there's no reason to act like this.

AnthG
10-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Just because he's being a dick towards you and other people on this forum doesn't mean that he's like that with everyone he knows. Are you trying to tell me you're absolutely nice, level-headed, and constructive with everyone you know, whether online or in-person? Here's a hint: The answer isn't yes, because you'd be lying. We all know people or have come in contact with people who we argue with over shit that doesn't matter to the point where it resorts to name-calling or insults. And really, over the last couple of pages he didn't really do any of that. All he did was criticize people's opinions which is, umm, kind of what message boards are known for.

There's also the fact that online persona is usually not the same as real-life persona and how they handle and carry themselves in real-life interaction with others.

MPF
10-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Just because he's being a dick towards you and other people on this forum doesn't mean that he's like that with everyone he knows. Are you trying to tell me you're absolutely nice, level-headed, and constructive with everyone you know, whether online or in-person? Here's a hint: The answer isn't yes, because you'd be lying. We all know people or have come in contact with people who we argue with over shit that doesn't matter to the point where it resorts to name-calling or insults. And really, over the last couple of pages he didn't really do any of that. All he did was criticize people's opinions which is, umm, kind of what message boards are known for.

There's also the fact that online persona is usually not the same as real-life persona and how they handle and carry themselves in real-life interaction with others.

Actually I try my best to do that to everyone I know. I got treated like all my life till I was a sophomore in high school, then things started to get somewhat better. I could go on but no one reads MyJournal anymore. :tongue:

I see absolutely no point in being a dick to somebody unless there is no other option. What's the point? To paraphrase George Carlin 'What do white people have to be pissed off about? Banana Republic ran out of Khakis? The Expresso Machine is jammed? Hootie And The Blowfish are BREAKING UP???"

Magson13
10-17-2011, 01:39 AM
It wasn't the size of their crowd that prevented them from being a coheadliner, it was the two bigger bands that the organizers could get instead :tp:
Ummm, duh? There were two bands that drew better than LoG, therefore LoG did not co-headline....

Lamb of God have a MUCH higher chance of it happening, based on their already highly rated status amongst the general metal population, and the fact that they have not stopped getting more popular and garnering more success with each release. I can also see them doing it without 'selling out' and becoming more radio-friendly, but that's a difference of opinion.

Also, I already asked this earlier, Magson13, what are your predictions for next years headliners? You seem so quick to doubt everyone's predictions, I would imagine you have a set of predictions of your own that go against any of those mentioned here?
I'm not denying there is a chance they could explode with some huge single of their new album. It has happened before. But how many metal bands actually do that? How many metal bands go from playing clubs, to playing arenas (on the level of festival co-headliner)?

I don't have any specific predictions. Because there's a pretty wide range of hard rock bands they could get to do this tour. I do, however, know bands that won't be given top billing, which is all I'm speaking of here.

If not next year, LoG is only a few years away from headlining amphitheater tours. They sold out a huge theater here in town a few years back and are always a gigantic draw no matter where they go. I don't like em, but they're destined to be as big, if not bigger, as Pantera.
The only way LOG does Mayhem is as a coheadliner, especially when they're playing the same venues as Slayer and Rob Zombie(among others)
I'll disagree with Magson here about Lamb of God as I think they could possibly co-headline a tour like Mayhem. When they did that tour a couple years back with As I lay Dying and Children of Bodom (I think it was the first tour they did for Wrath), they played a 6,000 person arena here. I didn't attend the show so I don't know how close they got to filling it up, but they could have easily selected to play a GA venue in town that holds about 3,200, and they didn't.
LoG headlines large clubs with support from bands that headline clubs on their own tours (Children of Bodom and AILD both are club headliners, and were both on the same tour with LoG). Compare that to Megadeth. 'Deth toured clubs with support from Testament and Exodus. As unfortunate as it is for me to say this, both CoB and AILD are bigger draws than Testament. Opening for LoG on that tour were Municipal Waste and God Forbid, and both of those bands are on just about equal footing as Exodus. And those two shows were the same price. And Megadeth went on to be third from the top on this festival.

I don't know if I'd say Mastodon could headline Mayhem but co-headline it I think is quite possible.
Solid reasoning why you think they could........

Exactly... like if Slipknot or Korn headline Mayhem Fest... which I think either of them is likely to do so this year...
Slipknot and Korn have both co-headlined the tour already. And the years they did it, they each had a co-headliner. Why would it be any different next year? And the point of this tour has always been that they don't have a huge anchor. And whatever band they could get to anchor, could easily just do a tour of their own, and make more money. I don't see anyone turning down more money just to do this festival. And if it did happen.... Then the other bands on the mainstage wouldn't be co-headliners, they would be support bands, with a single headliner.

Magson13
10-17-2011, 01:45 AM
We all know people or have come in contact with people who we argue with over shit that doesn't matter to the point where it resorts to name-calling or insults. And really, over the last couple of pages he didn't really do any of that. All he did was criticize people's opinions which is, umm, kind of what message boards are known for.

Oh hey, someone who actually comprehends what I'm doing: Debating. I thoroughly enjoy debating with people. There are a good amount of people that take it personally when debating though, and it turns into an argument/pissing contest. This debate, for example. LoG doesn't have the drawing capabilities to co-headline this festival. In no way am I persoanlly attacking anyone, their musical preferences, ect (although I have been known to do this, I have not done so at all in this debate). I'm just stating my position, and backing myself up with facts.

Oh and, you all need to learn what "cynical" means before you throw it out in an attempt to insult someone. Because it does not apply to me in this debate.

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 01:47 AM
I just want to throw this out there... being cynical and being an asshole are two completely different things, and sometimes they're polar opposites :lol:

IrritatedTrout
10-17-2011, 01:54 AM
Honestly guys I don't see how you can possibly think Magson is wrong about this. Mastodon headlining an arena? You gotta be fucking kidding me. I looooooove Mastodon so it's nothing against them.

I saw them 3 times on the CTS touring cycle. In 09 they played at a small shitty club, I missed the tour with Dethklok but they co-headlined a very small arena in the DC area (that was a half-house show mind you), in '10 they played a nice, good-sized club in Richmond and Baltimore. I didn't see the Baltimore show but I know the place, it's the same place that I've seen Helloween / Gamma Ray and Motorhead. In Richmond they played the same club where Alice Cooper, Megadeth, and Primus have all recently payed. Pretty damn respectable but it was not even close to a sell-out I believe.

I also saw them on the BlackDiamondSkye tour where they played arenas. In the DC area they played the same arena they did on the Dethklok tour but it was a full-house show this time. However, the turn out was pathetic. It was maybe half-full even with two more popular bands playing over them and pretty reasonable ticket prices (around $60 including fees for GA). They played MSG that tour and I heard that the upper levels were roped off and there were still a ton of empty seats. I really don't think Mastodon will be headlining amphitheaters any time soon, especially not this summer.

As far as LOG goes, I don't follow them closely but I'm pretty sure they play the same clubs as Mastodon / Megadeth / Slayer and other mildly popular bands. 2 of those bands have been on Mayhem and always with a more popular closer.

stylesclash516
10-17-2011, 01:21 PM
AS much as I love Rammstein, I don't see it happening. They are going to want the biggest bands that makes sense to have. unless Rammstein is putting out an album Summer/Fall 2012, I can't see it happening.

It actually comes out in November. ;) They will be touring the US this Spring anyways.

xStructualDefect
10-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Honestly guys I don't see how you can possibly think Magson is wrong about this. Mastodon headlining an arena? You gotta be fucking kidding me.

this

dcmetal108
10-17-2011, 01:24 PM
It actually comes out in November. ;) They will be touring the US this Spring anyways.

True but there is NO way they will ever do Mayhem. Like everyone said they refused the offer and I don't think they'd want the 1 hour and 15 minute setlist or so. Plus they'd have to dumb the stage show down alot or else it would take forever just to set them up and take them down.

mastodon421
10-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I think Lamb Of God could co-headline Mayhem. They have the record sales (Wrath debuted at #2 on the charts) and they sellout venues pretty frequently. Mastodon, on the other hand, couldn't. They are popular, but not quite co-headliner of a major touring festival popular.

xStructualDefect
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
I think Lamb Of God could co-headline Mayhem. They have the record sales (Wrath debuted at #2 on the charts) and they sellout venues pretty frequently. Mastodon, on the other hand, couldn't. They are popular, but not quite co-headliner of a major touring festival popular.

I'd agree that Lamb of God could possibly co-headline Mayhem Fest, but they would need a pretty popular other co-headliner. Maybe Slayer for example. I could see that combination happening.

MPF
10-17-2011, 02:27 PM

Point taken. Thank you. I have a new album to look forward to soon. :D

But back on topic again, LOG can co-headline, but they need a radio friendly band to co-headline with. Manson, SLipknot, Korn, Godsmack, Disturbed. It needs to be a band like that, and they gotta have top billing.

It sucks...but it's true.

Xenocide
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Anybody who thinks Mastodon can coheadline: No. You're wrong. Stop trying.

As for LoG, I think they could coheadline if their upcoming album does as well as Wrath.

stylesclash516
10-17-2011, 04:29 PM
True but there is NO way they will ever do Mayhem. Like everyone said they refused the offer and I don't think they'd want the 1 hour and 15 minute setlist or so. Plus they'd have to dumb the stage show down alot or else it would take forever just to set them up and take them down.

Correct, plus their new stage set-up consists of 2 stages and a walkway going down the middle so that would be a little hard for Mayhem Fest to set up.

brutal_descent
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Dates out next week.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Anybody who thinks Mastodon can coheadline: No. You're wrong. Stop trying.

As for LoG, I think they could coheadline if their upcoming album does as well as Wrath.

Anyone can coheadline with the right headliner. Slipknot, Tool, Iron Maiden, Metallica- Mastodon can coheadline with any of those bands. The problem is that Mayhem organizers won't spend the $ to have a bigger act on the festival, except in 08 when Slipknot was on.

I did talk to a source today who told me that Roadrunner is trying to put 2 bands on the mainstage. No names were mentioned but I would bet that Slipknot, Korn and KsE are among those bands.

mankvill
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Slipknot, Tool, Iron Maiden, Metallica- Mastodon can coheadline with any of those bands.

erm...

larvtard
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
I always thought Mastodon was really popular.

llama lom
10-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I always thought Mastodon was really popular.

Same here. Considering that they were on the main stage in the inaugural tour, I thought they could have easily moved up a couple of slots.

street_burial
10-18-2011, 02:57 PM
here is my prediction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBCSGCIDMmE

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-18-2011, 02:59 PM
I love Mastodon and they can play the main stage, probably just not as one of the final 2 bands due to the fact Mayhem usually relies on booking headlining bands who can sell out large clubs (B Level Bands: Disturbed, Godsmack, Zombie, Slayer, Manson), instead of more popular bands (A Level Bands: Slipknot, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Tool, Black Sabbath, etc). You could avoid a B level band and pay an A Level Band to headline and use bands who who aren't quite as popular as B level (C Level Bands: Lamb of God, KsE, Mastodon, BLS) to round out the main stage openers and second stage headliners.

You could have Korn and Slayer headline this year with 5FDP and All That Remains round out the main stage. Or they could spend more $ on Slipknot and have LoG, KsE, Mastodon round out the main stage for less $ than the normal coheadliners and main stage opening bands. They would probably sell more tickets with a more popular band headlining. Most of the B level bands that have headlined Mayhem Fest all share the same fans. Except for Slayer fans. Most of those fans aren't into Korn, Godsmack and Disturbed.

Mayhem could get SoaD or Rammstein... but... there may not be much interesting or good in the way of other bands.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-18-2011, 03:18 PM
erm...

I guess I need to be more clear on my meaning. Due to the fact that Metallica, Tool, Iron Maiden, & Slipknot are so popular you are guaranteed to sell so many tickets that it really doesn't matter if you have a band as popular as Korn/Zombie/Disturbed etc or a less popular band like Mastodon/All That Remains/BLS as a coheadliner because you will still sell an ass load of tickets.

Mayhem Fest organizers/Live Nation spend around the same amount on the tour each year. I think they should funnel more $ towards a bigger headliner to carry the tour while acts the size of the second stage headliners would cost less to round out the mainstage. This could elevate smaller bands and wouldn't cost any more $ imo.

Magson13
10-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Ummmmmmm, if they have a huge act anchoring the tour, then three lower-level bands opening the main stage, those three bands are openers/support. They wouldn't be "coheadliners" because the one anchor is the sole headliner. Simply playing second to last doesn't automatically make a band a coheadliner....

xskizzelzx90x
10-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Dates out next week.

I honestly thought you were joking. youre REALLY not. that was FAST.

brutal_descent
10-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Hopefully releasing the dates earlier means releasing the lineup earlier as well.

Magson13
10-18-2011, 11:28 PM
At this rate, gayhem '14 lineup will be released before gayhem '13 even starts.

brutal_descent
10-18-2011, 11:30 PM
At this rate, gayhem '14 lineup will be released before gayhem '13 even starts.

I wouldn't be talking about gay if I were you.

MPF
10-18-2011, 11:52 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brutal_descent
10-19-2011, 02:03 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ass:

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-19-2011, 03:43 AM

:party:

Steev
10-19-2011, 04:23 AM
here is my prediction. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBCSGCIDMmE

I dont know how likely that is, but Id totally go to that

kommie
10-19-2011, 06:12 AM
my prediction:

Linkin Park.

Now if they were on it, how many people would bitch, and how many would be going OMG BEST HEADLINER EVER.

masterguy49
10-19-2011, 10:22 AM
my prediction:

Linkin Park.

Now if they were on it, how many people would bitch, and how many would be going OMG BEST HEADLINER EVER.

Linkin Park isn't even hard rock anymore....

xStructualDefect
10-19-2011, 10:52 AM
If Linkin Park only had Hybrid Theory and Meteora out right now, then yeah they'd be a great headliner and I'd be stoked to see them headline Mayhem. But now? No thanks.

makethemsuffer12
10-19-2011, 01:28 PM
LP are probably too expensive, so I doubt it.

MPF
10-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Linkin Park wouldn't fit for Mayhem. Uproar? Absolutely, but not Mayhem.

AnataFan4Life
10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
I'll probably get shit for this one, but maybe Staind? Their new record has them going back to their old, heavier sound, and they seem pretty big without costing them too much to book them.

MPF
10-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll probably get shit for this one, but maybe Staind? Their new record has them going back to their old, heavier sound, and they seem pretty big without costing them too much to book them.

I actually dig the new Staind album, only album since Dysfunction I can say that about.

Again another perfect candidate for Uproar, not Mayhem.

AnataFan4Life
10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
I actually dig the new Staind album, only album since Dysfunction I can say that about.

Again another perfect candidate for Uproar, not Mayhem.

They're one of my "guilty pleasure" bands. They're one of the first rock bands I ever got into, so I guess I owe 'em one for eventually leading me to where I am now as far as music goes. What i've heard so far from the new record sounds pretty good for the most part, seeing as how the band lost their way after Break the Cycle.

As far as them being better suited for Uproar, I thought the same thing about Godsmack, and they ended up co-headlining Mayhem.

DementedX14
10-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Linkin Park need to do a Projekt Revolution tour next year. Just saying.

Steev
10-19-2011, 09:26 PM
They're one of my "guilty pleasure" bands. They're one of the first rock bands I ever got into, so I guess I owe 'em one for eventually leading me to where I am now as far as music goes. What i've heard so far from the new record sounds pretty good for the most part, seeing as how the band lost their way after Break the Cycle.

As far as them being better suited for Uproar, I thought the same thing about Godsmack, and they ended up co-headlining Mayhem.

Yeah now that I think about it a Slipknot/Staind Mayhem would do very well

AnthG
10-19-2011, 11:20 PM
Linkin Park need to do a Projekt Revolution tour next year. Just saying.

The last 2 PR tours have been absolute shit, save for having Mindless Self Indulgence on it in 2007.

xskizzelzx90x
10-19-2011, 11:29 PM
staind is UNFORTUNATELY a band I havent seen live yet, but Ive always heard how great they are and how great of a frontman aaron is. loved em FOREVER. Id absolutely LOVE them to be on uproar, but if they ended up on this tour, I wouldnt even say Id be disappointed in that. I might get shit for that.

nickbaird3491
10-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Headlining- Slipknot
Main Stage- Lamb of God
Main Stage- Mastodon

MS Rotator- Hatebreed
MS Rotator- As I Lay Dying
MS Rotator- All That Remains

Mayhem Stage-
1 Every Time I Die
2 Parkway Drive
3 After The Burial

Jager Stage-
1 Hellyeah/Sevendust
2 The Black Dahlia Murder
3 Skeletonwitch
Jager Opener

What about this?

brutal_descent
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Headlining- Slipknot
Main Stage- Lamb of God
Main Stage- Mastodon

MS Rotator- Hatebreed

Mayhem Stage-
1 Every Time I Die
2 Parkway Drive
3 After The Burial

Jager Stage-
1 Hellyeah
3 Skeletonwitch
Jager Opener

What about this?

Hellyeah over TBDM and ETID over PWD seems unlikely.

xStructualDefect
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Headlining- Slipknot
Main Stage- Lamb of God
Main Stage- Mastodon

MS Rotator- Hatebreed

Mayhem Stage-
1 Every Time I Die
2 Parkway Drive
3 After The Burial

Jager Stage-
1 Hellyeah/Sevendust
3 Skeletonwitch
Jager Opener

What about this?

I'd be content with that. Although the Mayhem Stage would appeal a lot more to the Warped Tour crowd.

nickbaird3491
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
I'd be content with that. Although the Mayhem Stage would appeal a lot more to the Warped Tour crowd.

Those are bands that appeal to both crowds. I know plenty of guys who listen to metal and love those bands. Every Time I Die used to play Ozzfest. Parkway and ATB are bands who can be on most metal tours.

and to the other post, Hellyeah/Sevendust are bigger bands than TBDM and 2010 Warped Tour had ETID on Main Stage and PWD on the 2nd biggest stage, plus ETID has been around for a lot longer.

Xenocide
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Based on what Wolverine and some others have been saying mixed in with some of my ideas, this is my current prediction:

Main stage:
Slipknot
Slayer
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying

Jagermeister Stage:
Hatebreed
Arch Enemy
Baroness
Darkest Hour

Revolver Stage:
Behemoth
Parkway Drive
Whitechapel
Periphery

llama lom
10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Based on what Wolverine and some others have been saying mixed in with some of my ideas, this is my current prediction:

Main stage:
Slipknot
Slayer
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying

Jagermeister Stage:
Hatebreed
Arch Enemy
Baroness
Darkest Hour

Revolver Stage:
Behemoth
Parkway Drive
Whitechapel
Periphery

I would go, although I doubt Arch Enemy would be there.

mastodon421
10-20-2011, 03:50 PM

Main stage:
Slipknot
Slayer
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying

Jagermeister Stage:
Hatebreed
Arch Enemy
Baroness
Darkest Hour

Revolver Stage:
Behemoth
Parkway Drive
Whitechapel
Periphery

This would be a fucking sick lineup, very diverse and very possible.

This is my current prediction:
Main Stage:
Slipknot
Deftones
Killswitch Engage

Rotating Main Stage Openers/Side Stage headliners
Anthrax
As I Lay Dying
Volbeat

Jager Stage:
Arch Enemy
Periphery
Revocation
Jager Band

Revolver Stage:
Job For A Cowboy
Every Time I Die
The Acacia Strain
Protest The Hero

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
This is my GUESS as of now (subject to change as more info surfaces)

MAIN:
Slipknot
Deftones
Lamb of God

MAIN OPENER/2nd STAGE HEADLINER:
Mastodon
As I Lay Dying
Dragonforce/Dream Theater

JAGER:
Whitechapel
Baroness
After The Burial

REVOLVER:
Down
Jasta
Skeletonwitch

I think Volbeat, 5FDP, AiC, Lacuna Coil, KsE, B4MV. HellYeah will be used on Uproar or Warped

MPF
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM

MAIN:
Slipknot
Deftones
Lamb of God

Mastodon
As I Lay Dying

JAGER:
Whitechapel
Baroness
After The Burial

REVOLVER:
Down
Jasta
Skeletonwitch

I think Volbeat, 5FDP, AiC, Lacuna Coil, KsE, B4MV. HellYeah will be used on Uproar or Warped

Will never happen, ever, ever ever.

Magson13
10-20-2011, 05:14 PM

MAIN:
Slipknot
Deftones
Lamb of God

Mastodon
As I Lay Dying

JAGER:
Whitechapel
Baroness
After The Burial

REVOLVER:
Down
Jasta
Skeletonwitch

Just wanna point out the irony that you said LoG could co-headline, but you don't predict they will co-headline. :dorky:

MPF
10-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Just wanna point out the irony that you said LoG could co-headline, but you don't predict they will co-headline. :dorky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

John The Drummer
10-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Why can't Blackguard just go on Mayhem Fest and leave all the other Summer Touring bands alone?

nickbaird3491
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Headlining- Slipknot
Main Stage- Deftones
Main Stage- Lamb of God

MS Rotator- Mastodon
MS Rotator- Hatebreed

Mayhem Stage-
1 Every Time I Die
2 Parkway Drive
3 The Acacia Strain

Jager Stage-
1 As I Lay Dying
3 Darkest Hour
Jager Opener

Switched it up a little bit, I totally forgot about the Deftones. Plus I feel like ATB might be on Warped Tour this year.

And I'd buy Pit tickets to this in a heartbeat.

Magson13
10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

*saw The Village People live*

illuminatus917
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Baroness?

Is there a reason they're being suggested or is it just speculation?

MPF
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Eh fuck it, everyone else is doing it, why not me too?

Headlining- Slipknot
Main Stage- Lamb of God
Main Stage- Mastodon

MS Rotator- Volbeat
MS Rotator- Children Of Bodom

Mayhem Stage-
1 Skeletonwitch
2 Powerglove
3 Warbringer

Jager Stage-
1 After the Burial
2 The Human Abstract
3 Blackguard
4 (Jager Opener)

MPF
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
*saw The Village People live*

This in all ways makes sense.

I'm sure these guys are next right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8&ob=av2e

Shadowswillfall414
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I already posted this in dream setlists but since everyone is posting them here, Ill do the same.

Main Stage:
Slipknot
Deftones
Lamb Of God

Rotating stage bands:
Mastodon
Anthrax
Hatebreed

Jaagermeister Stage:
All That Remains
As I Lay Dying
Skeletonwitch

Whatever the fuck its called stage:
Arch Enemy
Devil Driver
White Chapel

BlindGuardian93
10-20-2011, 05:35 PM
I really hope the Deftones arnt on it.

xStructualDefect
10-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Fuck it might as well.

Main Stage:
Slipknot
Deftones
Lamb of God

Rotating Stage Bands:
Children of Bodom
As I Lay Dying
Arch Enemy

Side Stage:
DevilDriver
Skeletonwitch or Revocation
Darkest Hour

Side Stage 2:
As Blood Runs Black
Born of Osiris
Miss May I

A dream lineup mixed with trying to be realistic with it actually being possible. I'd love this lineup though.

Shadowswillfall414
10-20-2011, 05:54 PM
So Coal Chamber... Possibility?

Steev
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Will never happen, ever, ever ever.

Especially when they often headline the same venues

MPF
10-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Especially when they often headline the same venues

Exactly!

Steev
10-20-2011, 06:15 PM
to be honest after reading some of these I think Main will come down to this(and I think they will continue having 3 bands coheadline)

Slipknot
Staind
Lamb of God/Anthrax/Mastodon/All That Remains(one of those)

I feel like LOG and Mastodon would only come back if they had the hour set, ATR is getting alot bigger and could easily do an hour, and Anthrax would be out of respect(to be honest I dont see the Deftones doing Mayhem-actually I dont think they will tour next year)

slapguitarer
10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I really hope Slipknot stay off.

Steev
10-20-2011, 07:45 PM
I really hope Slipknot stay off.

it feels like between Mayhem's 5th anniversary the band wanted to do their first US tour without Paul that it just falls into place that way

AnataFan4Life
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
I really hope they don't bring back FFDP, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Magson13
10-20-2011, 07:56 PM
it feels like between Mayhem's 5th anniversary the band wanted to do their first US tour without Paul that it just falls into place that way

5th anniversary would be 2013........

Magson13
10-20-2011, 07:57 PM
This in all ways makes sense.

I'm sure these guys are next right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8&ob=av2e

No false metal, kthx

Steev
10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
5th anniversary would be 2013........

why gee, thatd be the 5th year they do Mayhem, making it the 5th anniversary

Steev
10-20-2011, 08:04 PM
I really hope they don't bring back FFDP, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

I'm more than willing to say they do Uproar next year

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 08:07 PM

why gee, thatd be the 5th year they do Mayhem, making it the 5th anniversary

5th annual, not 5th anniversary.
But something like this, they would celebrate the annual rather than the anniversary. So in a way you're both right.

Steev
10-20-2011, 08:25 PM
5th annual, not 5th anniversary.
But something like this, they would celebrate the annual rather than the anniversary. So in a way you're both right.

in 2005 they celebrated Ozzfest's 10th anniversary(and they started in 1996)

it just happens that way

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 08:39 PM
in 2005 they celebrated Ozzfest's 10th anniversary(and they started in 1996)

it just happens that way

I was born on October 29th, 1987.

I'm going to be 24 next Saturday, but fuck it, I'm celebrating my 25th birthday instead :lol:

Steev
10-20-2011, 08:41 PM
hey that's just how they did it

I was at Rock On The Range's 5th anniversary this year, and that was 2007-2011

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 08:45 PM
It's just poor word choice is all.

Magson13
10-20-2011, 09:09 PM

Incorrect word choice is more like it.

Now I got you with it too! :tongue:

Steev
10-20-2011, 09:23 PM

Like I said its been applied to Ozzfest, Rock On The Range, and come to think of it even Warped Tour(ran by the same people as Mayhem)

So in the minds of the agencies and promoters 5th year=5th anniversary(especially since it'd just confuse people to celebrate the 5th anniversary in the tours 6th year)

MPF
10-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Incorrect word choice is more like it.

Now I got you with it too! :tongue:

Magson, your flirting is making everyone here uncomfortable.

AnthG
10-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I think Ozzfest even did the "10th annual", not "10th anniversary" when promoting Ozzfest 2005. But maybe i'm wrong.

But yeah, like everyone's been saying, if something happens a 2nd time, it's the 1st anniversary.

Steev
10-21-2011, 04:54 AM
I think Ozzfest even did the "10th annual", not "10th anniversary" when promoting Ozzfest 2005. But maybe i'm wrong.

But yeah, like everyone's been saying, if something happens a 2nd time, it's the 1st anniversary.

It was anniversary, confirmed on Amazon and IMDB

kommie
10-21-2011, 05:50 AM
This '5th Anniversary' thing is the second time in this thread that it's come up.

xskizzelzx90x
10-21-2011, 10:33 AM
alright to everybody guessing slipknot...its probably not happening. they said theyre gonna be touring the US in june...so why would they do that and THEN mayhem fest? unless if they end up changing their minds later. I wont really care with which one they wanna go for, either way I just wanna see them again in general. :)
oh, and as for all that remains, the tour that theyre on now with 5fdp and hatebreed is the last tour theyre on in support of "for we are many", phil labontes even said that. so theyll probably take a break after this tour...so they wont be on mayhem fest.

Nater
10-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't completely rule out ATR. Just because they are done touring for the album doesn't mean they are done playing. If anything they could use Mayhem to play some shows between recording a new album. There is a fairly big gap between Share the Welt and Mayhem.

Steev
10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't completely rule out ATR. Just because they are done touring for the album doesn't mean they are done playing. If anything they could use Mayhem to play some shows between recording a new album. There is a fairly big gap between Share the Welt and Mayhem.

They could also have a new album by then, and they haven't done a major summer tour since 2009

mastodon421
10-21-2011, 11:56 AM
They could also have a new album by then, and they haven't done a major summer tour since 2009

They tend to make a new album every 2 years, that trend will more than likely continue considering that this is their last tour for For We Are Many. They very well could be on Mayhem next year.

Steev
10-21-2011, 12:06 PM
They tend to make a new album every 2 years, that trend will more than likely continue considering that this is their last tour for For We Are Many. They very well could be on Mayhem next year.

+they've gotten more popular with each album, so by then they could easily be one of three coheadliners and playing an hour set

mastodon421
10-21-2011, 12:11 PM
+they've gotten more popular with each album, so by then they could easily be one of three coheadliners and playing an hour set

I agree.

Xenocide
10-21-2011, 01:20 PM
they said theyre gonna be touring the US in june...so why would they do that and THEN mayhem fest

Makes perfect sense to me... do some warm-up shows where they get 2 hour sets, then do Mayhem. Godsmack and Machine Head did it.

Steev
10-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Makes perfect sense to me... do some warm-up shows where they get 2 hour sets, then do Mayhem. Godsmack and Machine Head did it.

Mayhem seems like it fits as well because overseas they did Sonisphere, clearly the "baby steps" they spoke of includes festivals and is most likely preferable right now for them over doing a massive headlining run

dtgamerat
10-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm going to go on out on a limb with this one, but somewhat, realistic...

Main Stage
SLIPKNOT
LAMB OF GOD
MASTODON/DEFTONES

Rotating Main Stage Openers
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ALL THAT REMAINS
AS I LAY DYING

Jagermeister Stage
AFTER THE BURIAL
SKELETONWITCH
BARONESS

Revolver Stage
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA
PARKWAY DRIVE
THE ACACIA STRAIN/DARKEST HOUR

brutal_descent
10-23-2011, 12:25 AM

Main Stage
SLIPKNOT
LAMB OF GOD
MASTODON/DEFTONES

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ALL THAT REMAINS
AS I LAY DYING

Jagermeister Stage
AFTER THE BURIAL
SKELETONWITCH
BARONESS

Revolver Stage
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA
PARKWAY DRIVE

A) After the Burial over Baroness? Really?

B) No way could BLS play on a side-stage.

Magson13
10-23-2011, 12:37 AM
So I guess now 'going out on a limb' means 'more than half my picks are exactly the same as everyone else'

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-23-2011, 03:02 AM
B) No way could BLS play on a side-stage.

The last 2 Ozzfests they did this as well as 2006 too. They could open the main stage but not any higher on the bill than that.

dtgamerat
10-23-2011, 11:09 AM
The last 2 Ozzfests they did this as well as 2006 too. They could open the main stage but not any higher on the bill than that.

This.

dcmetal108
10-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Rob Zombie should do side stage like he did for Ozzfest 2005. That would draw HUGE crowds if he did side stage.

Also if Volbeat could get on here I'd buy a pit ticket in a heartbeat.

xskizzelzx90x
10-23-2011, 12:39 PM

Main Stage
SLIPKNOT
LAMB OF GOD
MASTODON/DEFTONES

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
ALL THAT REMAINS
AS I LAY DYING

Jagermeister Stage
AFTER THE BURIAL
SKELETONWITCH
BARONESS

Revolver Stage
THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA
PARKWAY DRIVE

ID LOVE THIS.

BlindGuardian93
10-24-2011, 01:25 PM
So apparently a girl who went to the Share the Welt tour said that FFDP said they will be on Mayhem

mastodon421
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM
So apparently a girl who went to the Share the Welt tour said that FFDP said they will be on Mayhem

FUCK.

TheDeadPanda
10-24-2011, 01:42 PM

iiii call bullshit.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
They will likely be coheadlining with Korn. 5FDP and Korn share the same mangement. Korn has a new album dropping from Roadrunner Records soon too. It makes sense as far as selling tickets, however hopefully the first 2 bands on the main stage and the rest of the smaller stage bands redeem this...

I would almost bet on Korn, 5FDP and KsE as the main stage headliners... maybe LoG instead of KsE but probably unlikely as KsE is a Roadrunner Records band.

hellawaits77ny
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
They will likely be coheadlining with Korn. 5FDP and Korn share the same mangement. Korn has a new album dropping soon too. It makes sense as far as selling tickets, however Hopefully the first 2 bands on the main stage and the rest of the smaller stage bands redeem this...

Korn gets hated on here, but I'm cool with them. 5FDP.........................kill yourselves.

mankvill
10-24-2011, 04:28 PM
They will likely be coheadlining with Korn. 5FDP and Korn share the same mangement. Korn has a new album dropping soon too. It makes sense as far as selling tickets, however Hopefully the first 2 bands on the main stage and the rest of the smaller stage bands redeem this...

shit sandwich with shit sandwich

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 04:31 PM
FUCK.

My sentiments exactly but it is the one band Mayhem has really helped to launch and now that they are selling 90,000 albums in the first week they would be a likely choice... supposedly the tour with ATR and Hatebreed is doing well.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 04:32 PM
shit sandwich with shit sandwich

Lets be honest, did you expect anything less?

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Current rumors:
As I Lay Dying
Hatebreed

Add in Korn, 5FDP, KsE, LoG

mankvill
10-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Lets be honest, did you expect anything less?

Absolutely not. This tour was never really that good. It peaked in 2009, if peaking is not even half the lineup being good.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Absolutely not. This tour was never really that good. It peaked in 2009, if peaking is not even half the lineup being good.

I understand having a headliner that sells alot of tickets like Korn or Disturbed, its the other bands with them I get sick of. Same ole crap.

Worst part is that my gf wants to go. But, seeing as how she went to 3 Down shows with me this year and is going to see Mastodon too, I can deal with it.

slapguitarer
10-24-2011, 04:51 PM
They will likely be coheadlining with Korn. 5FDP and Korn share the same mangement. Korn has a new album dropping from Roadrunner Records soon too. It makes sense as far as selling tickets, however hopefully the first 2 bands on the main stage and the rest of the smaller stage bands redeem this...

I would almost bet on Korn, 5FDP and KsE as the main stage headliners... maybe LoG instead of KsE but probably unlikely as KsE is a Roadrunner Records band.

Need I remind you that their new album is going to be a dubstep album? I doubt they'll be back so soon. 5FDP I can see, but hope to God isn't true.

illuminatus917
10-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Wolverinekills... any rumors for OzzFest?

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
I haven't heard much in the way or rumors at all. Haven't asked around about much. I'd guess if Sabbath gets back together that they might could have an Ozzfest. They seem to do it only when Ozzy has something new to promote any more...

kommie
10-24-2011, 05:15 PM
KoRn is now a dubstep band, move along.

Shadowswillfall414
10-24-2011, 05:24 PM
I Dont Know... Korn Seems Very unlikely. I mean, 5FDP is something I can believe unfortunately but Korn is too unlikely IMO. Maybe Korn On uproar?

MPF
10-24-2011, 05:54 PM
If KoRn and Donkey Punch tour together this summer....that means they are not coming to Minnesota....

LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

*I'm a dick*

makethemsuffer12
10-24-2011, 05:59 PM

Why not get Rob Zombie so we could do 2010 all over again?

TheDeadPanda
10-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Why not get Rob Zombie so we could do 2010 all over again?

Exacatly. No way theyd be dumb enough to have korn 5fdp and Log again, not that i personally wouldnt mind it. but still, 3 main stage bands from the same year repeating only 2 years later? no way.
Maybe one of those 3 coheadlining, thats about it.

mastodon421
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I really don't Korn being on this. With the dubstep album coming out in December, I think they want to stay away from a touring metal festival. The biggest issue I have with Five Finger Death Punch being on there is that would make 3 times in 5 years. Seriously? Find another band please.

TiradesOfTruth
10-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Well I guess as long as they have someone like Slipknot and maybe someone like Lamb Of God I can use their set as a piss break. But please no Korn.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Need I remind you that their new album is going to be a dubstep album? I doubt they'll be back so soon. 5FDP I can see, but hope to God isn't true.

Wasn't aware of that... is dubstep like remix with rappers or something? Anyways, I hope Korn is not on it. I bet 5FDP is the coheadliner.

masterguy49
10-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Wasn't aware of that... is dubstep like remix with rappers or something? Anyways, I hope Korn is not on it. I bet 5FDP is the coheadliner.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0Kwutugeg&ob=av3e

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Not sure whats worse? The fact I did not know or that you did know!!! That was horrible...

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Exacatly. No way theyd be dumb enough to have korn 5fdp and Log again, not that i personally wouldnt mind it. but still, 3 main stage bands from the same year repeating only 2 years later? no way.
Maybe one of those 3 coheadlining, thats about it.

Remember the Manson/Slayer tour from 2007? So did Kevin Lyman. His version was called Mayhem Fest 09 and had different opening acts :D

TheDeadPanda
10-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Remember the Manson/Slayer tour from 2007? So did Kevin Lyman. His version was called Mayhem Fest 09 and had different opening acts :D

But this is the same tour.. I'm not saying I wouldn't go, but that'd be a new low..

masterguy49
10-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Not sure whats worse? The fact I did not know or that you did know!!! That was horrible...

I'm 16, I'm obligated to know what dubstep is. It's whats becoming popular :tongue:

AnthG
10-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Even before this dubstep debacle, I don't think Korn has much steam left in them in terms of drawing power for big tours. I was at the Music as a weapon show they did with Disturbed in Toronto, and the arena was less than half full.

Steev
10-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Even before this dubstep debacle, I don't think Korn has much steam left in them in terms of drawing power for big tours. I was at the Music as a weapon show they did with Disturbed in Toronto, and the arena was less than half full.

oddly enough they're better live now(IMO) than the last couple tours they did with the full original lineup

AnthG
10-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Oh i agree, I'm just saying they don't translate to ticket sales necessarily. I mean I know they did well on the last Mayhem tour, but KIII kind of dissapointed sales-wise. Add the dubstep stuff in, the fact they would be the headliner again just 2 years later, I just don't see it being a good move for the Mayhem people.

TheDeadPanda
10-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh i agree, I'm just saying they don't translate to ticket sales necessarily. I mean I know they did well on the last Mayhem tour, but KIII kind of dissapointed sales-wise. Add the dubstep stuff in, the fact they would be the headliner again just 2 years later, I just don't see it being a good move for the Mayhem people.

Thats what im saying, i could see them being a coheadliner with slipknot.. but other than that i dont think korn being the main act would do well enough.

llama lom
10-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Thats what im saying, i could see them being a coheadliner with slipknot.. but other than that i dont think korn being the main act would do well enough.

Korn and Slipknot co-headlining would be a dream come true.

Magson13
10-24-2011, 08:51 PM
I doubt FFDP would be a co-headliner. Maybe third from the top, but not co-headlining. FFDP with two bands that have been prominently featured on the gayhem sidestages, and it's still only clubs. And for only $25.... Megadeth did clubs for $30, with support that didn't draw as well as FFDP's support, and Megadeth was only third from the top.

Magson13
10-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Dubstep is basically just a new way of DJing. Takes some talent to do what they do, but it's not really quality music. It's fun live though.