PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth Mystery Countdown?

makethemsuffer12
08-26-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.megadeth.com/

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162477

Probably more info on the album. Notice how there are 13 candles. Could be a song release, too.

MPF
08-26-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say New song, track listing, album cover, or a combination of the 3.

GarageMetal468
08-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Gigantour announcement?

slapguitarer
08-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Gigantour announcement?

This would be most excellent.

IrritatedTrout
08-26-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say New song, track listing, album cover, or a combination of the 3.

My guess is this.

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Whatever it is, it will be a disappointment.

makethemsuffer12
08-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Whatever it is, it will be a disappointment.

Not much for optimism, eh?

Travis The Dragon
08-26-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm with MPF on this one.

300%_Density
08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Calling it right now. They are going to play Risk in its entirety on next Gigantour. All I wanna know...is who's coming w/ me? :cool:

hellawaits77ny
08-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Calling it right now. They are going to play Risk in its entirety on next Gigantour. All I wanna know...is who's coming w/ me? :cool:

I would vomit

electrocute1031
08-26-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm with MPF on this one.

+1

ravenheart
08-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Not much for optimism, eh?

When was the last time a band did some mystery build up to a "big" announcement and it was good?

Sanitarium78
08-27-2011, 05:55 AM
When was the last time a band did some mystery build up to a "big" announcement and it was good?

This.

Usually it's just a new song/album or tour announcment and that's it. Since we know that they have a new album coming out in November which will be followed by a tour obviously, there's nothing really that "big" about it.

I'm guessing it's a new song and album news. They toured for about two years nonstop and with Dave's mysterious shoulder injury, I don't see them touring until the new year.

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2011, 08:15 AM

Every time it was for a tour with good bands.

KillerCannabis
08-27-2011, 08:17 AM

Dimmu Bor... :lol: . Sorry, I can't even type that without laughing.

IrritatedTrout
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162928

I don't like how boring the Vic is on the album cover. The colors and the candles and the font is cool though. The titel is still stupid. Also, WTF @ having 4 previously released songs on there.

mankvill
09-07-2011, 10:03 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162928

I don't like how boring the Vic is on the album cover. The colors and the candles and the font is cool though. The titel is still stupid. Also, WTF @ having 4 previously released songs on there.

4 previously released songs? I thought it was only Sudden Death and Public Enemy No. 1?

IrritatedTrout
09-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Sudden Death, Millennium of the Blind, Black Swan, and New World Order.

mankvill
09-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Sudden Death, Millennium of the Blind, Black Swan, and New World Order.

I meant to say Never Dead, not Public Enemy No. 1.

Where were Black Swan, Millenium Of The Blind and New World Order released?

IrritatedTrout
09-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Bonus track to United Abominations, bonus track to Youthanasia, bonus track to Youthanasia and on Warchest.

mankvill
09-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Bonus track to United Abominations, bonus track to Youthanasia, bonus track to Youthanasia and on Warchest.

oh barf. yeah, that's kind of lame.

BloodoftheKings
09-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Wow, two previously released songs on the album. I understand Sudden Death because it's never been released on any cd but seriously why is New World Order on here? That song is almost 20 years old and has been on 3 cd's already.

EDIT: I never heard Millennium of the Blind and Black Swan before but wow, this things basically an EP fluffed up with (i'm assuming) re-recordings of old songs. Whats the deal with people calling Never Dead previously released? The song doesn't count as being released if all we heard of it was a 2 minute clip with video game characters talking over it.

MetalIsArt
09-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Teh cover is ugly, the candles bother me even more than Vic Rattlehead's back... and the title IS stupid, "thirteen" would've been just ok.

I hope the record doesn't have Machine Head's Supercharger production lol. :D

BloodoftheKings
09-07-2011, 10:53 AM
The Public Enemy song is ok, they repeat the chorus and little too much and it starts to get annoying.

MPF
09-07-2011, 11:29 AM
I see Vic Rattlehead is too good to look at us in an album cover now...

ravenheart
09-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Wait, Millennium of the Blind and New Workd Order are on the new album?

Maidenmagic
09-07-2011, 12:36 PM
This album was rushed. The band had to make in a limited amount of time. I blame Roadrunner.

BloodoftheKings
09-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Wait, Millennium of the Blind and New Workd Order are on the new album?

CD track listing: (someone should have just posted this here)

01. Sudden Death
02. Public Enemy No. 1
03. Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
04. We The People
05. Guns, Drugs & Money
06. Never Dead
07. New World Order
08. Fast Lane
09. Black Swan
10. Wrecker
11. Millennium Of The Blind
12. Deadly Nightshade
13. 13

I'm predicting this album will only have 30 minutes of new material.

makethemsuffer12
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
This album was rushed. The band had to make in a limited amount of time. I blame Roadrunner.

This. It's still kinda lame though.

Jochen
09-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Good, maybe they'll start playing NWO live.

Maidenmagic
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Good, maybe they'll start playing NWO live.

I hope so. I really like it and I hope this new version (if there is a new version) doesn't deviate too heavily from the original.

Sanitarium78
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I've never heard any of these songs before, except Public Enemy live this past summer. So to me this will all be new.

BloodoftheKings
09-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I've never heard any of these songs before. So to me this will all be new.

You should probably just look them up now rather then waiting 2 months to hear re-recorded versions.

Butcher of Birth
09-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Best way to have people stop saying "they aren't as good as they used to be" is just record professional quality versions of songs from 1994. Duh :eyes:

In the end, I'm still excited for this release! :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
09-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Da fuck.

hb420
10-23-2011, 12:39 AM
It's out now for those who want to hear it. It's really good, nowhere near as good as Endgame but blows everything Post-Youthanasia away.

ravenheart
10-23-2011, 12:41 AM
It's really good, nowhere near as good as Endgame but blows everything Post-Youthanasia away.

This sentence doesn't make sense.

hb420
10-23-2011, 12:45 AM
This sentence doesn't make sense.

Guess I didn't explain myself clear enough. Besides Endgame nothing else in their back catalog Post-Youtanaisa holds a candle to it.

KillerCannabis
10-23-2011, 02:23 PM
So it's better than their weakest efforts? Solid recommendation.

I'm listening to it now. It's good, not great. I don't like the re-recorded version of Sudden Death as much. Never Dead is a solid track.

Jochen
10-23-2011, 02:48 PM
I listened to a few songs, not bad, better than Endgame. Also, I don't like the production, Dave's vocals are too loud, and idk if this makes sense, but the instruments seem mashed together, there's not enough "space" in the music.

Butcher of Birth
10-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Ugh, are there really that many people who don't like Cryptic Writings all of a sudden? :tp:

On "New World Order" now and it's fairly good, for a re-do.

IrritatedTrout
10-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna wait till it comes out here this Friday to listen to it but how different are Black Swan, Sudden Death, Millennium of the Blind, and New World Order from the versions that have been previously released?

Still think putting them on a new album is lame even though New World Order in it's original form is awesome.

Butcher of Birth
10-24-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm gonna wait till it comes out here this Friday to listen to it but how different are Black Swan, Sudden Death, Millennium of the Blind, and New World Order from the versions that have been previously released?

Millennium is AWESOME! Easily one of the best tracks for me. Black Swan is fairly good too. Sudden Death has slight tweaks.

OH! And New World Order is pretty much the same, just best production, great song. I give the album a 8/10, on par with Endgame for me.

Sanitarium78
10-24-2011, 07:05 AM
I've heard the new Megadeth twice and it's a decent album but nothing more. The songs are passable material but that's it. Over the last ten years Megadeth would always have like four or five really good standout songs on their albums then the rest would be just OK. Well, that's what this album mainly is, Megadeth doing a bunch of their OK songs.

As i've said before on here, they toured the world for over two years and should've taken a break before releasing anything new. You can hear that this album was just thrown together so they could give the record company something. They should've just released a live album and took a break until next summer.

300%_Density
10-24-2011, 08:02 AM
I've heard the new Megadeth twice and it's a decent album but nothing more. The songs are passable material but that's it. Over the last ten years Megadeth would always have like four or five really good standout songs on their albums then the rest would be just OK. Well, that's what this album mainly is, Megadeth doing a bunch of their OK songs.

As i've said before on here, they toured the world for over two years and should've taken a break before releasing anything new. You can hear that this album was just thrown together so they could give the record company something. They should've just released a live album and took a break until next summer.

Exactly. I made almost same comment in album review section on here. The word I used to describe this album best would be "rushed".

Butcher of Birth
10-24-2011, 09:15 AM
I feel they rushed it because they were both excited to get back with Junior, I mean it's a huge deal, and then to finally get off contract with Roadrunner. If the latter is true, then you can assume that they will tour this album with Gigantour, one headline run, a classic album thing, take a break, and finally release the LAST album with a writing process that is clear headed and not confronted with so much stuff as this album was.

Make sense?

Sanitarium78
10-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I feel they rushed it because they were both excited to get back with Junior, I mean it's a huge deal, and then to finally get off contract with Roadrunner. If the latter is true, then you can assume that they will tour this album with Gigantour, one headline run, a classic album thing, take a break, and finally release the LAST album with a writing process that is clear headed and not confronted with so much stuff as this album was.

Make sense?

Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't know this was their last album with Roadrunner. But couldn't they have got out of the contract just as easily by releasing a live album or another best of compilation instead of rushing a new album?

With Ellefson being back most fans probably have way bigger expectations than what this album brings.

Butcher of Birth
10-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. I didn't know this was their last album with Roadrunner. But couldn't they have got out of the contract just as easily by releasing a live album or another best of compilation instead of rushing a new album?

Yeah I was thinking that too, but there really isn't a show filmed to be released. Blood in the Water doesn't have Junior in it, so there goes that one, plus another greatest hit album would invoke to much fury from me!:bouville: