PDA

View Full Version : Stream "The Dead Throne" by Devil Wears Prada in its entirety!

jd091
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
:ass:

http://www.deadthrone.com/

So far, it sounds fantastic. I think Mike's lows could use some work, but the riffs are tasty! Could be their best album so far. ;)

MPF
08-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll swallow my pride and listen to this. I already heard Black Tide this week. This can't be that much worse.

Woah, whoever is singing the high pitch screams fucking sucks!

mankvill
No thanks

jd091
So far:

Dead Throne = pretty good, solid track.
Untidaled = very, very good!
Mammoth = :wow:

Can't wait to get through the rest!

mastodon421
08-26-2011, 03:15 PM

So far, it sounds fantastic. I think Mike's lows could use some work, but the riffs are tasty! Could be their best album so far. ;)

It already leaked. I haven't listened to it yet, but it sounds promising from the intros I heard.

masterguy49
08-26-2011, 03:17 PM
So far:

Dead Throne = pretty good, solid track.
Untidaled = very, very good!
Mammoth = :wow:

Can't wait to get through the rest!

My reaction more or less.
I'm enjoying it, the highs are annoying the fuck out of me.

OraclesofAgony
08-26-2011, 03:17 PM
:lol:, no.

jd091
08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
It already leaked. I haven't listened to it yet, but it sounds promising from the intros I heard.

Cool, thanks for the heads up! D/L as we speak! :cool:

My reaction more or less.
I'm enjoying it, the highs are annoying the fuck out of me.

Really? I kind of have a soft spot for Mike's highs. They're unique at least.

masterguy49
08-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Really? I kind of have a soft spot for Mike's highs. They're unique at least.

I mean I don't hate them but I'd rather have him do lows. Sometimes his highs can get annoying. They are no doubt unique though.

MPF
08-26-2011, 03:22 PM
I got two and a half songs in and had to shut it off. Fucking wretched. The high pitch singer must of had his ball in a vice grip the entire recording session. Wow he sucks.

jd091
08-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I got two and a half songs in and had to shut it off. Fucking wretched. The high pitch singer must of had his ball in a vice grip the entire recording session. Wow he sucks.

:lol: I mean, have you never heard them before? All their vocals are like that. I'm 3/4 of the way through, and really diggin' it. Very much continuing that heavy sound from the Zombie EP.

MPF
08-26-2011, 03:36 PM
:lol: I mean, have you never heard them before? All their vocals are like that. I'm 3/4 of the way through, and really diggin' it. Very much continuing that heavy sound from the Zombie EP.

I've seen them before. They were one of the opening bands for the Sounds Of The Underground tour. During their last song, they were pelted with Water Bottles until they left the stage. :D

Like I said the music is....better, but the vocals make it unbearable.

mastodon421
08-27-2011, 09:03 AM
I am just about done listening to this. Everything is better on this record (even the clean vocals, which I normally hate, aren't too bad here), except for Mike Hrnaica's vocals, which have never sound worse. It really brings the album down a lot. It's decent, but it's nowhere near great.

edit: Just got to the song with Tim Lambesis from As I Lay Dying on it. It's actually hilarious how much better of a vocalist Lambesis is then Hrnaica. Hrnaica get's completely embarassed.

El Gordo
08-27-2011, 10:37 AM

What riffs? I've never listened to this band before, I wish I could still say that. This fucking sucks.

jd091
08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I am just about done listening to this. Everything is better on this record (even the clean vocals, which I normally hate, aren't too bad here), except for Mike Hrnaica's vocals, which have never sound worse. It really brings the album down a lot. It's decent, but it's nowhere near great.

edit: Just got to the song with Tim Lambesis from As I Lay Dying on it. It's actually hilarious how much better of a vocalist Lambesis is then Hrnaica. Hrnaica get's completely embarassed.

Yeah, Tim Lambesis is a beast. The same situation comes up in Impending Doom's "Orphans": Tim blows the Impending Doom guy out of the water.

I do think you're being a little tough on Mike's vocals. The lows aren't exactly amazing, but I like his highs. Maybe I'm the only one here. :lol: The actual riffs and songwriting are great, though. I'm sure it'll just sound awesome live.

jd091
08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
What riffs? I've never listened to this band before, I wish I could still say that. This fucking sucks.

TROO BUTTHURT METAL FAN IS BUTTHURT :(

treghet
08-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I do think you're being a little tough on Mike's vocals. The lows aren't exactly amazing, but I like his highs. Maybe I'm the only one here. :lol: The actual riffs and songwriting are great, though. I'm sure it'll just sound awesome live.

I agree about the highs. I love those screams. But his lows have never been great. Anyway, I listened to it all and enjoyed it, but I miss the melodies from the previous album.

mankvill
08-27-2011, 05:09 PM
TROO BUTTHURT METAL FAN IS BUTTHURT :(

>points out valid criticisms
> "LOL U MAD? YEA U MAD BUTTHURT xD"

jd091
08-27-2011, 07:43 PM
>points out valid criticisms
> "LOL U MAD? YEA U MAD BUTTHURT xD"

Yeah, 'cause I'm obviously serious and don't realize his remarks are valid. :tp:

Who wants to bet 10 years from now Manks will be a crabcore fan?

zgodt
08-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I like it. Huh.

MPF
08-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, 'cause I'm obviously serious and don't realize his remarks are valid. :tp:

Lulz, you think Crabcore is still going to be around in 10 years.

Trsut me, by then something much, MUCH worse will be around. There will be bands that were influenced by Design The Skyline and Attack Attack! and iwrestledabearonce will come out of the woodwork and make shit even worse.

llama lom
08-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Electro blackcore.

mankvill
08-27-2011, 08:40 PM

*punch*

this comment kinda reminds me when jhdeity was like "will you even be listening to Anaal Nathrakh in 10 years?" even though I've been listening to them for 7 now :P

dcmetal108
08-27-2011, 09:08 PM
From what I've heard so far I am really enjoying this album.

metallicbrian666
08-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Awful vocals and boring instruments. I tried, sorry.

jd091
08-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Lulz, you think Crabcore is still going to be around in 10 years.

Trsut me, by then something much, MUCH worse will be around. There will be bands that were influenced by Design The Skyline and Attack Attack! and iwrestledabearonce will come out of the woodwork and make shit even worse.

It's already happening, man. Dubstep is gonna get infused with crabcore. It will be... beyond words. Design the Skyline will look like fuckin' Deicide compared to the future.

treghet
08-27-2011, 10:05 PM
It's already happening, man. Dubstep is gonna get infused with crabcore. It will be... beyond words. Design the Skyline will look like fuckin' Deicide compared to the future.

We're pretty close to that already.

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/commisoner.jpg