PDA

View Full Version : Hold the fucking phone: Thrashfest EU tour

mankvill
08-25-2011, 11:30 PM
http://www.smnnews.com/2011/08/25/thrashfest-classic-tour-trailer-posted-by-rock-the-nation-promotions/

“Back to the 80ties, back to the roots! Tour-promoter Rock The Nation turns back the time for you headbangers, catapulting you back into the glorious 80ties — the unforgettable days of prime for thrash metal – with a phenomenal package of top-acts. Hardly another period of time carries so much metal-history with it than this one. Rough, rapid and impulsive sounds dominated the whole music-industry at that time. Breath-taking masterpieces of metallic art, which still enjoy authority and significance these days, emerged out of the creative urge of charismatic musicians and bands. Now the time is right to let the flair, the feeling and the sounds rise again! Thrashfest Classics is a pure celebration for the high-culture of thrash metal. Some of the most influential combos will perform their cult-albums in full length.”

Rock the Nation announced the Thrashfest Classic Tour featuring headliner Sepultura (performing “Beneath the Remains”, “Arise” and “Chaos A.D.”), co-headliner Exodus (performing “Bonded By Blood”, “Pleasure Of The Flesh” and “Fabolous Disaster”), Destruction (performing “Sentence Of Death” and “Infernal Overkill”) and Heathen (“Breaking The Silence” and “Victims Of Deception”). Another opening act will be announced soon.

25.11.11 – Munich, Germany – Backstage
26.11.11 – Leeuwarden, Netherlands – Schaaf
27.11.11 – Paris, France – Bataclan
28.11.11 – Braunschweig, Germany – Meier Music Hall
29.11.11 – Würzburg, Germany – Posthalle
30.11.11 – Saarbrücken, Germany – Garage
01.12.11 – Prague, Czech Republic – Kd Vltavska
02.12.11 – Oberhausen – Turbinenhalle
03.12.11 – Giessen, Germany – Hessenhallen
04.12.11 – Antwerpen, Belgium – Trix
05.12.11 – Hamburg, Germany – Markthalle
06.12.11 – Göteburg, Sweden – Trädgarn
07.12.11 – Aarhus, Denmark – Voxhall
08.12.11 – Berlin, Germany – C-Club
09.12.11 – Katowice, Poland – Mega Club
10.12.11 – Leipzig, Germany – Hellraiser
11.12.11 – Bratislava, Slovakia – Majestic
12.12.11 – Zagreb, Croatia – Boogaloo
13.12.11 – Ljubljana, Slovenia – Kino Siska
14.12.11 – Bologna, Italy – Estragon
15.12.11 – Pratteln, Switzerland – Z-7
16.12.11 – Eindhoven, Netherlands – Effenaar
17.12.11 – Stuttgart, Germany -LKA
18.12.11 – Wien, Austria – Arena

The fuck? There's no way each band will perform each of those albums every night...right?

Fuck man.

treghet
08-25-2011, 11:38 PM
PLEASE DO THIS IN THE US

MPF
08-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Maybe they will pick one for each show or something? 0.o

treghet
08-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Maybe they will pick one for each show or something? 0.o

That would make the most sense. Still, this is just fucking awesome.

Onioner
08-25-2011, 11:41 PM
No way they're actually gonna do every song from every album listed. That's like 2 hour sets from Sepultura and Exodus, an hour long set from Destruction and a 90 minute set from Heathen. The order wouldn't make sense then, and no tour would be that generous with set-times.

christopher
08-25-2011, 11:42 PM
WHAT THE FUCK!!??!?!?!?!? How is this fucking possible?? Each band would get almost two hours a night. I'm sure they're rotating albums right??

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 11:47 PM
:drool:

Sepultura69
08-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Rock the Nation announced the Thrashfest Classic Tour featuring headliner Sepultura (performing “Beneath the Remains”, “Arise” and “Chaos A.D.”)

WHAT

THE

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Are they going to play all 3 albums in one setting?!?!?!?!?!? If they are just rotating and playing one album each date....well, I would hate to be the one that gets shafted with "CHAOS A.D" :hecho:

treghet
08-26-2011, 12:25 AM
well, I would hate to be one that gets shafted with "CHAOS A.D" :hecho:

This. :lol:

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 01:18 AM
:lol: Where the fuck have you guys been? Exodus, Destruction and Heathen were announced two months ago, Sepultura were unofficially confirmed over a month ago, formally confirmed six days ago.

I went to Paris for this tour last year. Not bothering this year.

treghet
08-26-2011, 01:34 AM
:lol: Where the fuck have you guys been? Exodus, Destruction and Heathen were announced two months ago, Sepultura were unofficially confirmed over a month ago, formally confirmed six days ago.

I went to Paris for this tour last year. Not bothering this year.

I think we all knew about the tour, just not about the bands playing full albums.

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Oh yeah, that was the whole point since first announcement.

Obviously they can't play all of them. Especially at the shows on weekday evenings :lol:

I agree rotating the albums is the most likely thing. I was expecting the second headliner to be Testament (who suspiciously cancelled their one confirmed date on the Sweden Rock Cruise, so I have a feeling they were going to be the headliner), so am very disappointed with Sepultura.

And since Exodus played this tour last year, I really can't be bothered to travel just for Heathen and Destruction, who both already toured Europe this year on Overkill's Killfest.

treghet
08-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Well then, you're more than welcome to send this tour our way. ;) We'd all die for a lineup like that!

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Doubt it'll be happening. The tour is run by a German promoter. The same one who does the Full of Hate, Hatefest, Heidenfest, Power of Metal, Neckbreakers Ball and Paganfest tours, and the Metalfest Open-Air festivals. As you can see from the routings, they don't even bring most of them to London, so I think your changes of a US leg are slim to none.

Current line-ups:

HATEFEST
Kataklysm
Triptykon
Marduk
Milking the Goatmachine
Azarath
Dawn of Disease

FULL OF HATE
Cannibal Corpse
Behemoth
Legion of The Damned
Misery Index
Suicidal Angels
+1 TBA

POWER OF METAL
Sabaton
Grave Digger
Powerwolf
Skull Fist

NECKBREAKERS BALL
Dark Tranquillity
Eluveite
Varg
Mercenary
Gurd
Omnium Gatherum

HEIDENFEST
Finntroll
Turisas
Alestorm
Arkona
Trollfest
Skalmold
Wintersun (selected shows)
Dornenreich (selected shows)
Todtgelichter (selected shows)

PAGANFEST (already finished)
Korpiklaani
Unleashed
Moonsorrow
Varg
Arafel
Kivimetsan Druidi
Eluveitie (selected shows)
Heidevolk (selected shows)
Obscurity (selected shows)

Nater
08-26-2011, 05:38 AM
I would kill to hear Beneath the Remains played all the way through. :rocker::rocker:

Sepultura69
08-26-2011, 06:46 AM
I would kill to hear Beneath the Remains played all the way through. :rocker::rocker:

AGREED, COMRADE :rocker: :fist:

KillerCannabis
08-26-2011, 08:54 AM
I remember reading somewhere that the bands are playing cuts from only those records. So it's not the albums in full, just that they'll be playing songs exclusively from them.

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the bands are playing cuts from only those records. So it's not the albums in full, just that they'll be playing songs exclusively from them.

That was speculation. Possibly from me, I certainly said words to that effect at the time somewhere.

But the press release clearly says they'll be playing the complete albums, so I think the theory that they'll each rotate the albums they play each night is more likely.

christopher
08-26-2011, 05:52 PM
On the THRASHFEST CLASSICS Tour 2011 SEPULTURA will only perform songs from „Beneath the Remains“, „Arise“ and „Chaos A.D“ – a true highlight for every metal fan out there! Be a part of the THRASHFEST CLASSICS tour! Second headliner will be EXODUS and the line-up is completed by more killer bands such as HEATHEN, DESTRUCTION and an opening band which will be announced soon.

Hmm I don't think the full albums are being played, sounds like songs only from those albums. I found this on Thrashfest's facebook page.

ravenheart
08-27-2011, 05:10 AM
I did suggest at the time a couple of months ago that something had been lost in translation regarding this tour. I said then that it would be "songs from", not "all of".

But then they said this: "will perform their cult-albums in full length."

KillerCannabis
09-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Blabbermouth:

Metal Insider: For the "Thrashfest Classics" European tour this November/December with EXODUS, DESTRUCTION and HEATHEN, you are only playing songs from "Beneath The Remains", "Arise" and "Chaos A.D.", correct?

Kisser: We are going to choose songs from the three [albums] and create a set list around that era. The whole festival has that kind of [throwback] idea. It's great. I think the concept is awesome. There's a lot of kids who want to see some songs that we never play live, because we have no room in our setlist. I think it will be a good challenge for us to try to learn some old stuff that we don't play for a long time. The setlist is still being worked out. We have some songs that we already play, but we'd like to do some extra stuff that we don't do for many years and try to do something different for us as well.

treghet
09-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Very cool. I hope the crowd reactions inspire them to keep some of the rarities in the set for future tours.

JRA
09-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I wish Sepultura picked Schizophrenia instead of Chaos AD, but 2/3 ain't bad/

ThrashManiac
09-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I wish Sepultura picked Schizophrenia instead of Chaos AD, but 2/3 ain't bad/

I was just gonna post that. Why dont they ever do good stuff like this in america :/

MPF
09-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Chaos A.D. is my favorite Sepultura album. I don't get all the hate for it.

Roots and onwards, I totally understand, but Chaos A.D.? Come on!

ravenheart
09-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Chaos A.D. is my favorite Sepultura album. I don't get all the hate for it.

Mine too. I like Roots as well.

But either way, Sepultura are the deal-breaker on me bothering to attend this tour.

BlackmoreOfBowling
09-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Another opening act will be announced soon.

Hope it's Lamb of God doing Sacrament & Ashes of the Wake dawg!

mankvill
09-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Hope it's Lamb of God doing Sacrament & Ashes of the Wake dawg!

It said opening band, not opening band of faggots

larvtard
09-17-2011, 04:41 PM
It said opening band, not opening band of faggots

:lol::lol:

daimonos
09-17-2011, 04:46 PM
eh Lamb of God would be headlining anyways...

Spiner202
09-17-2011, 06:58 PM
The band was announced a little while ago: Mortal Sin from Australia. I know they are playing stuff from Mayhemic Destruction and maybe the next one as well.

We really need these tours in North America. Especially because the most similar tour (Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel) isn't coming to Toronto.

GarageMetal468
09-17-2011, 09:01 PM
The band was announced a little while ago: Mortal Sin from Australia. I know they are playing stuff from Mayhemic Destruction and maybe the next one as well.

We really need these tours in North America. Especially because the most similar tour (Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel) isn't coming to Toronto.

The Destruction/Heathen tour was the closest we'll ever get. That or the rumored Kreator/Sodom/Destruction tour in the next couple years. But no, we're stuck with Avenged Sevenfold doing 3 tours in less than a year.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!

ravenheart
09-18-2011, 10:12 AM
You won't get an Austrian promoters sending any of the seven tours they do to North America. It'll be down to a US promoter acquiring the rights or something, or trying to put together something similar, and honestly, I can't see the nationwide turn-out being high enough to make it pay.

idrinkwine732
09-18-2011, 10:21 AM
I can't see the nationwide turn-out being high enough to make it pay.

In the US? The national interest in a tour like this would be pretty big. That Anthrax/Testament tour is going to do very well, it's getting a ton of hype.