PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Opeth Album

brutal_descent
08-25-2011, 06:28 AM
I promise, no more polls after this from me. ;)

ShatteredFlame
08-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Tough choice between Morningrise and MAYH.

I went with Morningrise though. For the longest time I would say Still Life but it grew old after years of listening.

ravenheart
08-25-2011, 06:49 AM
Still Life all day long.

Dextrimental
08-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Still Life, just a downright amazing and rewarding listen every time I stick it on.

powerslave_85
08-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Blackwater Park, yo.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-25-2011, 08:31 AM
The album that made me a fan.

Ghost Reveries.

adamclark52
08-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Morningrise, although My Arms Your Hearse was the album that got me into them and comes in at a close second.

Butcher of Birth
08-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Only one for Watershed? What's the deal? :tp: :lol:

daimonos
08-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Really hard for me to pick.

Blackwater Park is my favorite nostalgia wise and changed my life.
Still Life is my favorite musically.
Ghost Reveries is the one I listen to the most nowadays, and is the first one I bought.

So...which one do I pick?

EDIT: Went with Blackwater Park. Probably should've voted for Still Life though.

ravenheart
08-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Only one for Watershed? What's the deal? :tp: :lol:

All their other albums are better...? :eyes:

Except Orchid.

Butcher of Birth
08-25-2011, 12:33 PM
All their other albums are better...? :eyes:

Except Orchid.

:nag: No way!

Epidemic Reign
08-25-2011, 12:49 PM
I think all of their albums are fantastic, but I voted for Blackwater Park because it was my first Opeth album and it brings back great memories.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-25-2011, 02:38 PM
As a complete album, I gotta go with Still Life. Every album is amazing, though..... literally. I can only say that about an elite few

Triggz
08-25-2011, 03:38 PM
It was between Watershed and GR for me. I chose Watershed.

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 04:46 PM
I love Watershed. Not my favorite but it's up there. I gotta go with the easy choice though, Blackwater Park.

makethemsuffer12
08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Eh, I chose Watershed because it's the one I'm most familiar with.

illuminatus917
08-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Always been partial to Morningrise.

DementedX14
08-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Blackwater Park does it for me. Damnation comes in a close second even though it is not a metal album.

ravenheart
08-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Eh, I chose Watershed because it's the one I'm most familiar with.

Fix this!

Butcher of Birth
08-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Fix this!

:lol: I actually started on Blackwater Park and ended loving Watershed, there is hope for him ;)

slapguitarer
08-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Who is my Deliverance buddy? :D

makethemsuffer12
08-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I have their whole discography, but I rarely listen to it. To be completely honest, I lose interest with a lot of their songs (well, the longer ones, that is) about halfway through. The Watershed stuff seems to click with me, though.

SomewhereInTime72
08-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Easily BWP. Can't really explain why.

MetalIsArt
08-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Deliverance.

Haunting, harsh, repetitive and yet so beautiful. The title track alone is worth buying it. Lovin' the artwork too.

jd091
08-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Fuck, man, this is like choosing which child you like best. So fucking hard.

Had to go with Blackwater Park, but Ghost Reveries is pretty much on par with it's amazingness as well. I think Blackwater feels like a more singular, cohesive album though, while Reveries is just a collection of awesome songs.

Deliverance is also incredibly close as a 3rd, and Morningrise as a 4th. Damnation after that, perhaps. Then Watershed. The thing is, Opeth has no bad albums. A more interesting poll would probably be "What is you LEAST favorite Opeth album?"

MetalIsArt
08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
:lol: I actually started on Blackwater Park and ended loving Watershed, there is hope for him ;)

Had to go with Blackwater Park, but Ghost Reveries is pretty much on par with it's amazingness as well. I think Blackwater feels like a more singular, cohesive album though, while Reveries is just a collection of awesome songs.

Deliverance is also incredibly close as a 3rd, and Morningrise as a 4th. Damnation after that, perhaps. Then Watershed. The thing is, Opeth has no bad albums. A more interesting poll would probably be "What is you LEAST favorite Opeth album?"

Least favorite (for now,but I do think that Heritage will be amazing and make them even bigger) would be Watershed. I just stopped listening to it, and I'm a big fan of this band.

jd091
08-26-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't see why people dislike Watershed. Heir Apparent, Hex Omega, Hessian Peel, and The Lotus Eater are all fantastic.

MetalIsArt
08-26-2011, 08:06 AM
I don't see why people dislike Watershed. Heir Apparent, Hex Omega, Hessian Peel, and The Lotus Eater are all fantastic.

I don't really dislike it THAT much, I just never got into it as with their other albums.

adamclark52
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM

I'd have to pick Still Life in that poll:eyes:. That album never did it for me from the day it came out.

jd091
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd have to pick Still Life in that poll:eyes:. That album never did it for me from the day it came out.

Probably the same, honestly. I know there's people here who think Still Life is their best, but other than some parts in Serenity Painted Death, nothing really stands out to me on that album.

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 01:33 PM
"What is you LEAST favorite Opeth album?"

Orchid. Duh.

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Probably the same, honestly. I know there's people here who think Still Life is their best, but other than some parts in Serenity Painted Death, nothing really stands out to me on that album.

The best albums don't have stand-outs. They have uniform greatness.

jd091
08-26-2011, 01:38 PM

So you're one of those crazies, huh? ;)

I would agree with that statement, but when I said "nothing stands out to me", I mean that I listen to it, then 10 minutes later I can't remember a single riff that I just heard. The best albums never have that problem.

daimonos
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM

:wow:

The Moor is probably my favorite Opeth song.

adamclark52
08-26-2011, 06:17 PM
:wow:

The Moor is probably my favorite Opeth song.

The intro acoustic guitar (after the fade-in part) in the Moor is really the only part of that album that ever grabbed me.

jd091
08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Huh, only 2 for Ghost Reveries? That album was near-perfect.

Epidemic Reign
08-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Am I the only person here that thinks Orchid is a killer album? Of course it's not their best, and it has its share of imperfections... but IMO "In the Mist She Was Standing" and "The Apostle in Triumph" are two of the best songs they've ever recorded.

daimonos
08-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Am I the only person here that thinks Orchid is a killer album? Of course it's not their best, and it has its share of imperfections... but IMO "In the Mist She Was Standing" and "The Apostle in Triumph" are two of the best songs they've ever recorded.

I love the album. "The Twilight is My Robe","Forest of October", "Under the Weeping Moon", you really can't go wrong. It's just a little rough, writing wise, I think, because they hadn't 'perfected' the "Opeth sound" yet.

jd091
08-27-2011, 08:03 AM

I agree, I enjoy that album a ton. Not as much as Morningrise for that "style" of Opeth, but its not bad by any means.

ShatteredFlame
08-27-2011, 09:27 AM

Huh, only 2 for Ghost Reveries? That album was near-perfect.

It's funny cause I don't like Ghost Reveries as an album because imo it has some great songs but as an album I never thought it felt right.

MetalIsArt
08-27-2011, 09:35 AM
IMHO, Ghost Reveries is absolutely good.

But only 3 for Deliverance? :eyes: :confused: