PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot booking a US tour

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Slipknot is booking a US tour. This came from Blabbermouth.net via Corey Taylor's twitter. I am assuming the tour won't happen until 2012... if the band wants to properly promote it.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162405

ravenheart
08-25-2011, 03:09 AM
To be honest, I'm more interested in the Stone Sour live DVD/covers EP package, the new Stone Sour album and the solo tour...

hellawaits77ny
08-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Sweet!! After seeing some video of their performances in Europe recently, I'm very excited to see them.

mastodon421
08-25-2011, 03:41 AM
Great news! I have been really wanting to see Slipknot again since 2008. Still one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

kommie
08-25-2011, 05:44 AM
will definitely go to this if they only play 1-2 songs off that shitty last CD of theirs like they did in Europe.

ravenheart
08-25-2011, 05:48 AM
will definitely go to this if they only play 1-2 songs off that shitty last CD of theirs like they did in Europe.

What? You don't like their last album? Funny, you've never said :tp:

Dextrimental
08-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Stone Sour news is great, really looking forward to that.

Xenocide
08-25-2011, 06:48 AM
I really think that the US Slipknot tour is going to be Mayhem 2012.

llama lom
08-25-2011, 07:35 AM

As much as this is probably going to happen, I'm not sure if I want it to happen.

Steev
08-25-2011, 07:58 AM

See that was my thought, tour's 5th anniversary

Xenocide
08-25-2011, 11:25 AM

Exactly, and as of now they're pretty much the most demanded band for the tour.

dcmetal108
08-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Exactly, and as of now they're pretty much the most demanded band for the tour.

And don't forget that they played the first Mayhem Fest. But I'd only want them to do it again if they headlined and could play an 90 minute or two hour set.

And I'll also be getting the stone sour cd and dvd. Really enjoy them and their great live.

Butcher of Birth
08-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Their tour for their last album was terribly short... Only one trip through Florida, very odd for them.

NickLed19
08-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Slipknot/A7X for Mayhem next year?

AnataFan4Life
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm fine with Slipknot, but fuck A7X

xStructualDefect
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM

I could see that happening. I wouldn't doubt it.

Xenocide
08-25-2011, 01:38 PM
I could see that happening. I wouldn't doubt it.

This. I think the coheadliner will either be A7X or Slayer.

kommie
08-25-2011, 02:17 PM
What? You don't like their last album? Funny, you've never said :tp:

Their last album sucks, it's a fact.

AnthG
08-25-2011, 03:22 PM
I hope this doesn't come through Toronto, so I don't give in to shelling out $50-$70 for a ticket.

NickLed19
08-25-2011, 03:26 PM
That would be the best Mayhem headliners yet.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I think the headliner will be Slipknot with Alice in Chains or Deftones as coheadliner.

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 03:33 PM

Slipknot would be fun, seen 'em three times before. A7X? :barf:

masterguy49
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I think the headliner will be Slipknot with Alice in Chains or Deftones as coheadliner.

I'd buy pit tickets immediately

AnataFan4Life
08-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Slipknot, Alice in Chains, and Anthrax on the mainstage would be pretty fucking awesome.

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Slipknot, Alice in Chains, and Anthrax on the mainstage would be pretty fucking awesome.

And then they just need to fill those side stages with some death metal like they did in 2009. The only one I didn't go to. :mad:

AnataFan4Life
08-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Slipknot
Alice In Chains
Anthrax
Deftones

That seems awesome and likely.

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Slipknot
Alice In Chains
Anthrax
Deftones

That would be the best mainstage so far.

masterguy49
08-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Slipknot
Alice In Chains
Anthrax
Deftones

I can't seen Deftones opening up the mainstage....

christopher
08-25-2011, 04:18 PM
And then they just need to fill those side stages with some death metal like they did in 2009. The only one I didn't go to. :mad:

Oh that was an awesome day. I was pissed cause I missed Behemoth due to a long ass wait to get into the venue and Behemoth going on 30 minutes early:mad:

masterguy49
08-25-2011, 04:20 PM

You missed out. One of the best days ever. Saw and met Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Job for a Cowboy, All That Remains, Trivium, and SLAYER in one day while i was 11/12. 3rd concert ever :D

dcmetal108
08-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I see Slayer being more of a possibility than Avenged Sevenfold. It'd be awsome if main stage was Killswitch opening for Slayer opening for Manson with Slipknot headlining. Mansons making a new album and KSE has dropped off the face of the earth with all the side projects everyone else is in.

makethemsuffer12
08-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Their last album sucks, it's a fact.

:tp:

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
You missed out. One of the best days ever. Saw and met Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Job for a Cowboy, All That Remains, Trivium, and SLAYER in one day while i was 11/12. 3rd concert ever :D

:finger:

llama lom
08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Slipknot
Alice In Chains
Anthrax
Deftones

I would go immediately.

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Oh that was an awesome day. I was pissed cause I missed Behemoth due to a long ass wait to get into the venue and Behemoth going on 30 minutes early:mad:

Oh man, that would've ruined my day if I had gone to that and missed Behemoth. Well, as soon as Slayer started I'd probably be able to get over it. :tongue:

Steev
08-25-2011, 05:18 PM
I could see Slipknot/Alice In Chains, as far as Avenged Sevenfold goes I think they'll eventually do Mayhem, but in a few years

Especiall after now doing Uproar twice

stylesclash516
08-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Mayhem 2009 was my first Metal show and it is still the best I've been to. As for Mayhem 2012, I can see Slipknot/Marilyn Manson headlining which I would definitely be excited for. I just really hope A7X isn't there.

Shadowswillfall414
08-25-2011, 05:36 PM
I could see Slipknot/Alice In Chains, as far as Avenged Sevenfold goes I think they'll eventually do Mayhem, but in a few years

Especiall after now doing Uproar twice

And thats why Im afraid they'll be there, they did uproar. Disturbed did uproar, then taste of chaos THEN music as a weapon and STILL was on mayhem. So thats why I think its still a chance of avenged sevenfold being there.

DementedX14
08-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Hopefully Slipknot doesn't do Mayhem. I would prefer if they did their own tour and bring one opener.

xStructualDefect
08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
I would have rather have A7X than Slayer coheadlining tbh. I would rather have new bands on Mayhem instead of more repeating bands. Slipknot would be a cool headliner though. They've been a lot of fun the times I've seen them live. Deftones would be great on this too.

masterguy49
08-25-2011, 05:48 PM
I would have rather have A7X than Slayer coheadlining tbh. I would rather have new bands on Mayhem instead of more repeating bands. Slipknot would be a cool headliner though. They've been a lot of fun the times I've seen them live. Deftones would be great on this too.

So get a band who's done Uproar twice in a row, practically like Mayhem Fest instead of a band who has done Mayhem Fest once?

xStructualDefect
08-25-2011, 05:52 PM
So get a band who's done Uproar twice in a row, practically like Mayhem Fest instead of a band who has done Mayhem Fest once?

I never go to Uproar so I could care less about that. I wouldn't mind Slipknot headlining because it'd be a great comeback tour, but 2 headliners repeating the same year? That's doing too much.

llama lom
08-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I never go to Uproar so I could care less about that. I wouldn't mind Slipknot headlining because it'd be a great comeback tour, but 2 headliners repeating the same year? That's doing too much.

I think the "repeating going too far" boat has already sailed. ;)

xStructualDefect
08-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I think the "repeating going too far" boat has already sailed. ;)

True but just because last year had a lot of repeats doesn't mean this year has to have a lot of repeats.

Steev
08-25-2011, 06:17 PM
True but just because last year had a lot of repeats doesn't mean this year has to have a lot of repeats.

Exactly, though I will say this years was probably the most fun I've had at Mayhem

hellawaits77ny
08-25-2011, 07:30 PM

Mayhem Fest 2009? Holy shit you're young

hellawaits77ny
08-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Slayer and Slipknot would spell bad news for me. I'd travel all over the place and go to like 6 shows :light:

AnthG
08-25-2011, 08:06 PM
AIC seem like more of an Uproar band

AnataFan4Life
08-25-2011, 08:13 PM
If Godsmack can do Mayhem, so can Alice In Chains

OraclesofAgony
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM

:nonono:I think they should bring Slayer back every year. ;)

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-26-2011, 02:42 AM
I could see Slipknot, AiC, Mastodon, Devildriver on the main stage. Anthrax on the fest probably revolves around how well their new album sales as they are a distant 4th in terms of popularity of the big 4.

dcmetal108
08-26-2011, 05:29 AM
Personally I'd rather see Anthrax headline second stage. Same with Mastondon. Not bands I want to see on main stage.

TheDeadPanda
08-26-2011, 06:04 AM
I know im new to this, but do tours start booking nearly a year in advance? seems a little soon, or is that just me?

Steev
08-26-2011, 06:53 AM
I could see Slipknot, AiC, Mastodon, Devildriver on the main stage. Anthrax on the fest probably revolves around how well their new album sales as they are a distant 4th in terms of popularity of the big 4.

Id hit that like I caught it breaking into my house

llama lom
08-26-2011, 07:00 AM
I know im new to this, but do tours start booking nearly a year in advance? seems a little soon, or is that just me?

I think so, as they have to make contracts witht the bands, work out dates with the venues, figure out promoting, etc.

MetalIsArt
08-26-2011, 07:05 AM
*Destroys books*

:tongue:

mastodon421
08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm I were a gambiling man I would bet the main stage next year would look something like this...
Slipknot
Dethklok
Killswitch Engage(new album coming out+Roadrunner=more than likely on this festival)
? for the opener, they might maintain the rotating slot thing from this year. Perhaps Anthrax/Testament/Devildriver in those slots? I don't know.

DisposableJustice
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Slayer and Slipknot would spell bad news for me. I'd travel all over the place and go to like 6 shows :light:

This, lol....I would try to get every show within the midwest then I would be a broke hobo

Dextrimental
08-26-2011, 11:05 AM

It seems soon, but some tours are booked up to two years in advance, Lee Evans booked a UK tour a year and a half in advance, as did Blink 182. It depends on how much of a cash cow the tour/artist is.

Festivals are very on the ball year to year, in a lot of cases, the first couple of bands are confirmed a full year in advance, so they can be announced as soon as the festival is over, Wacken nearly always do this, MDF do it as well.

I studied this myself in college this past year, its ridiculously hectic being a big concert promoter.

Anyway, my bets for next years Mayhem:

Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold OR Lamb of God OR Korn (I can see one of these three getting that slot, but only one of these three)
Killswitch Engage (Possibly Times of Grace playing a smaller slot)
Testament/Deftones/Mastodon (rotating slot)

Devildriver
Cavalera Conspiracy
Morbid Angel
Anthrax
As I Lay Dying

That's just my bets anyway, feel free to disagree, but that's how I could imagine the set being, given the current state of things.

Shadowswillfall414
08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold
Anthrax
Mastodon

Im sticking to this...

dcmetal108
08-26-2011, 11:13 AM
It seems soon, but some tours are booked up to two years in advance, Lee Evans booked a UK tour a year and a half in advance, as did Blink 182. It depends on how much of a cash cow the tour/artist is.

Festivals are very on the ball year to year, in a lot of cases, the first couple of bands are confirmed a full year in advance, so they can be announced as soon as the festival is over, Wacken nearly always do this, MDF do it as well.

I studied this myself in college this past year, its ridiculously hectic being a big concert promoter.

Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold OR Lamb of God OR Korn (I can see one of these three getting that slot, but only one of these three)

Devildriver
Cavalera Conspiracy
Morbid Angel
Anthrax
As I Lay Dying

That's just my bets anyway, feel free to disagree, but that's how I could imagine the set being, given the current state of things.

Thats a very realistic lineup. Lamb Of God would be obvious since they supposedly are making a new album and that'd be cool if TOG played side stage with KSE on main stage. It could happen (ex: Hatebreed/ Kingdom Of Sorrow).

TheDeadPanda
08-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Slipknot

Devildriver
Cavalera Conspiracy
Morbid Angel
Anthrax
As I Lay Dying

I think korn could be a sleeper since theyre working on a new album, i dont think avenged sevenfold will do anything opening up for anyone though, or that theyll do mayhem next year, maybe 2 years or so. Other than that, that seems pretty likely.

MPF
08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Slipknot
Avenged Sevenfold
Powerglove
Blackguard

Yeah...this seems pretty likely :)

mastodon421
08-26-2011, 02:18 PM

Slipknot

Devildriver
Cavalera Conspiracy
Morbid Angel
Anthrax
As I Lay Dying

That's a very realistic (and good) lineup. I just posted this lineup on the Mayhem Facebook page as a comment for who should be on their next year. I feel like this would be a solid lineup that would sell tickets and appeal to most metal fans. Feel free to comment...

Main Stage:
Slipknot
Dethklok
Killswitch Engage
Anthrax

Jager Stage:
Testament
Arch Enemy
Volbeat
Protest The Hero
Jager Band

Revolver Stage:
As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
The Faceless
Born Of Osiris
Revocation

xStructualDefect
08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I could see As Blood Runs Black on Mayhem next year. Every year they get new deathcore bands that appeal to metal fans. ABRB has been touring constantly ever since they realeased their album and finally have a stable lineup.

kommie
08-26-2011, 02:38 PM
i love how the natural assumption is that it's gonna be Mayhem, and not their own tour.

mastodon421
08-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I could see As Blood Runs Black on Mayhem next year. Every year they get new deathcore bands that appeal to metal fans. ABRB has been touring constantly ever since they realeased their album and finally have a stable lineup.

It's possible, but I think they more likely to put a band like Born Of Osiris or Veil Of Maya on there.

Xenocide
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
I love how this turned into a Mayhem 2012 thread cuz of me...

GarageMetal468
08-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Slipknot

Devildriver
Cavalera Conspiracy
Morbid Angel
Anthrax
As I Lay Dying

LOL what the hell would Morbid Angel be doing on Mayhem? They'd say no anyway because they wouldn't be headlining.

TheDeadPanda
08-26-2011, 03:39 PM
i love how the natural assumption is that it's gonna be Mayhem, and not their own tour.

I assumed at first itd be their own tour. And id rather it be their own tour. But apparently now is a good time to start signing bands for next years mayhem.

Xenocide
08-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I think that a separate tour would be better, but I'm only able to go to summer shows.... so I'm hoping it's Mayhem.

xStructualDefect
08-26-2011, 03:49 PM
It's possible, but I think they more likely to put a band like Born Of Osiris or Veil Of Maya on there.

Born of Osiris was the other deathcore band i was thinking that might get the slot, but i can't see them or VOM on Mayhem Fest. I can easily see ABRB on it though.

Xenocide
08-26-2011, 04:44 PM
If this year is tipoff, I'd start expecting 2 or more deathcore bands per year. I'm guessing this year whitechapel will make a comeback and the other one will be ABRB.

xStructualDefect
08-26-2011, 04:52 PM
If this year is tipoff, I'd start expecting 2 or more deathcore bands per year. I'm guessing this year whitechapel will make a comeback and the other one will be ABRB.

I could definitely see that happening also.

Dextrimental
08-26-2011, 04:53 PM
LOL what the hell would Morbid Angel be doing on Mayhem? They'd say no anyway because they wouldn't be headlining.

Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth have done Mayhem, and CC have been the biggest selling Death Metal band for years. Morbid Angel could play to much bigger crowds on Mayhem, and still do their own headline tour afterwards.

As for Slipknot actually doing Mayhem, I can see the promoters bending over backwards for them to do it, as Mayhem know they will fail against Slipknot if Slipknot did a separate tour.

OraclesofAgony
08-26-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't see Morbid Angel doing Mayhem either. Summer Slaughter maybe, but not Mayhem.

TiradesOfTruth
08-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Deathcore Bands that have a possibility on Mayhem Fest 2012.

1. Job For A Cowboy- They are working on a new album
2. The Agonist- They always have a female fronted band and ahave a new album coming out.

mankvill
08-26-2011, 07:41 PM
They always have a female fronted band and ahave a new album coming out.

didn't have one in 2010

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
In This Moment

mankvill
08-26-2011, 07:48 PM
In This Moment

derp, i meant 2009.

Steev
08-26-2011, 08:32 PM
derp, i meant 2009.

had a female bassist though

mankvill
08-26-2011, 08:59 PM
had a female bassist though

...so?

Steev
08-26-2011, 09:04 PM

...so?

That was pretty much it, atleast Mayhem has had some female presence each year

mankvill
08-26-2011, 09:07 PM
That was pretty much it, atleast Mayhem has had some female presence each year

wtf?

Just because the bass player is a girl doesn't automatically deem them as a "female presence"

Jo from Bolt Thrower is going to kill you

TheDeadPanda
08-26-2011, 10:18 PM
If slipknot does their own tour i hope they get someone better than coheed and cambria to open up, that was awful.

xskizzelzx90x
08-27-2011, 09:17 PM
in response to what everybody said about mayhems headliners next year, Im willing to put money on slipknot and evanescence (as much as a LOTTA people here wouldnt like that probably lol). it just seems realistic.

jd091
08-27-2011, 09:27 PM
If slipknot does their own tour i hope they get someone better than coheed and cambria to open up, that was awful.

...what

Coheed is AMAZING live. :confused:

TheDeadPanda
08-28-2011, 06:58 AM
...what

Coheed is AMAZING live. :confused:

Well maybe it was just my date, and i may have a biased opinion since im not into them. But it wasnt very good.

OraclesofAgony
08-28-2011, 09:24 AM
They need to do their own tour and play the Hollywood Palladium again. Their show there in 2009 was the shit.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-28-2011, 09:33 AM
in response to what everybody said about mayhems headliners next year, Im willing to put money on slipknot and evanescence (as much as a LOTTA people here wouldnt like that probably lol). it just seems realistic.

I could picture this:

Uproar 2012:

Alice In Chains
Evanescence
5DFP
etc and so forth... Evanescence will not be on Mayhem...

hellawaits77ny
08-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth have done Mayhem, and CC have been the biggest selling Death Metal band for years. Morbid Angel could play to much bigger crowds on Mayhem, and still do their own headline tour afterwards.

As for Slipknot actually doing Mayhem, I can see the promoters bending over backwards for them to do it, as Mayhem know they will fail against Slipknot if Slipknot did a separate tour.

You're right on both your points.

jd091
08-28-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd much rather see Slipknot on their own than on Mayhem. :/

hellawaits77ny
08-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd much rather see Slipknot on their own than on Mayhem. :/

Me too. 90 minutes on their own vs 65 on Mayhem. Also, the last time Slipknot toured the US, ticket prices were reasonable. I always got seats so I could film, but I went to 3 shows, and I think prices were only around $40.

TheDeadPanda
08-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Looks like it won't be mayhem if they're going to be touring by June.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162561

xskizzelzx90x
08-29-2011, 07:51 AM

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162561

OMG. YES.

MetalIsArt
08-29-2011, 07:53 AM
You're right on both your points.

I'd rather have CC & MA do a co-headline tour than paying for Slipknot.

Dextrimental
08-29-2011, 08:19 AM
I'd rather have CC & MA do a co-headline tour than paying for Slipknot.

So would I, I love Slipknot but CC and MA on their own tour's would be cheaper and the sets longer. However, for MA, I can see Mayhem happening.

That news article points to a separate earlier tour. This is good on all fronts.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM

Its possible they could do some warm up shows at the end of June for Mayhem... but probably not...

TheDeadPanda
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Its possible they could do some warm up shows at the end of June for Mayhem... but probably not...

I hope it's not Mayhem since I work at The theater they'd play at in Dallas so I could get paid to slack off and watch the show right behind the pit.

dcmetal108
08-29-2011, 11:08 AM
So since its not going to be a tour for a new album that leaves the chance that after this tour they do a album them tour again.

If it starts in June though I see it being a outside amplitheater tour.

Dextrimental
08-29-2011, 11:24 AM
So since its not going to be a tour for a new album that leaves the chance that after this tour they do a album them tour again.

If it starts in June though I see it being a outside amplitheater tour.

I can see another European tour happening, then an album.. A stadium tour, just to fully flesh out the market..

Stone Sour are going to take mainstay until then though!

dcmetal108
08-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I could see something happening where Stone Sour opens up one of the Slipknot tours or does Mayhem though as one of the opening main stage bands.

TheDeadPanda
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I could see something happening where Stone Sour opens up one of the Slipknot tours or does Mayhem though as one of the opening main stage bands.

No way ss would open for slipknot. Corey likes to keep those separate and get away from slipknot.

NickLed19
08-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah I cannot ever see SS opening for Slipknot.

TheDeadPanda
08-29-2011, 02:27 PM
If it isn't mayhem, i could see 5fdp being the opener since theyre current u.s. tour is missing a lot of big cities that im sure slipknot will go to. Just a guess though.

hellawaits77ny
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
If it isn't mayhem, i could see 5fdp being the opener since theyre current u.s. tour is missing a lot of big cities that im sure slipknot will go to. Just a guess though.

I would hate that with a passion :barf:

TheDeadPanda
08-29-2011, 09:21 PM

Haha just a guess. Maybe they can snatch machine head for the opener ;) just my wish.

OraclesofAgony
08-29-2011, 10:06 PM

Yeah that would be a major bummer.

xskizzelzx90x
08-29-2011, 11:53 PM

you and me both.

hellawaits77ny
08-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Haha just a guess. Maybe they can snatch machine head for the opener ;) just my wish.

Now that I can dig.

While I of course wouldn't mind seeing Slipknot headline Mayhem, I'd rather see them on thei rown tour. 65 minute set on Mayhem, and I believe on their last NA tour, they played for 95ish minutes. But as long as Slipknot tours, I'll be happy!

OraclesofAgony
08-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Now that I can dig.

While I of course wouldn't mind seeing Slipknot headline Mayhem, I'd rather see them on thei rown tour. 65 minute set on Mayhem, and I believe on their last NA tour, they played for 95ish minutes. But as long as Slipknot tours, I'll be happy!

Yeah, I rarely listen to them on record, but their live show is just one of the best times you could ever have. I've seen them three times.

Luckily I have a few Slipknot fanatic friends or else I probably would've never gone to a Slipknot show. The first Mayhem was my first show ever and Slipknot was awesome. The experience I had with them was what kept bringing me back and I here I am 30-something shows later and counting.

hellawaits77ny
08-30-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I rarely listen to them on record, but their live show is just one of the best times you could ever have. I've seen them three times.

Luckily I have a few Slipknot fanatic friends or else I probably would've never gone to a Slipknot show. The first Mayhem was my first show ever and Slipknot was awesome. The experience I had with them was what kept bringing me back and I here I am 30-something shows later and counting.

You've seen them 30+ times??!! Impressive :rocker:

OraclesofAgony
08-30-2011, 01:08 AM
You've seen them 30+ times??!! Impressive :rocker:

Yeah, not what I meant. You can thank the alcohol for that. :tongue: That's the number of shows I've been to in general. I wish it was in the 100's

Magson13
08-30-2011, 01:45 AM

It's the tour's fourth year anniversary next year.

coltongsmith
08-30-2011, 08:15 AM
It's the tour's fourth year anniversary next year.

well with it being the fifth year is what he meant '08, '09, '10, '11 and '12 being number 5

dcmetal108
08-30-2011, 08:19 AM
well with it being the fifth year is what he meant '08, '09, '10, '11 and '12 being number 5

I see I just don't think theres any chance of them being on it with their spring tour.

kommie
08-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Is 5 years really that big a deal? seriously?

Magson13
08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Is 5 years really that big a deal? seriously?

For real. I have milk older than that in my fridge.

MetalIsArt
08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
For real. I have milk older than that in my fridge.

You have seen Minority Report, I take?

(who gets it :D)

brutal_descent
08-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd understand a 10th anniversary, but a 5th is pushing it.

KillerCannabis
08-30-2011, 01:16 PM
They need to do their own tour and play the Hollywood Palladium again. Their show there in 2009 was the shit.

That was a killer show. I feel like I've seen them enough that I don't have much interest in future shows, though.

Magson13
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I'd understand a 10th anniversary, but a 5th is pushing it.

Again, next year is the fourth ANNIVERSARY of the tour.

And nah, never seen Minority Report. So I do not get it. >_>

TiradesOfTruth
08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Again, next year is the fourth ANNIVERSARY of the tour.

And nah, never seen Minority Report. So I do not get it. >_>

It will be the 5th. 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

makethemsuffer12
08-30-2011, 05:05 PM

Wrong. The 2nd year was the first anniversary, making the upcoming 5th year the 4th anniversary.

kommie
08-30-2011, 05:05 PM

In a way he is right in 4. 2008 was the first year it happened, yes? Meaning 2009 was the 1st anniversary of the tour making next year the 4th one.