PDA

View Full Version : Charred Walls Of The Damned- Cold Winds on Timeless Days

MPF
08-23-2011, 04:32 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/08/23/charred-walls-of-the-damned/

New single: Zerospan is in the link. DAAAAAAAAMN they have improved.

It just might be muh fAAAAAAAAAAAAAAvorite.

llama lom
08-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Wow I haven't listened to these guys in a while, but this kicks ass!

BloodoftheKings
08-23-2011, 05:06 PM
This is much better then their debut.

Maidenmagic
08-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Although I consider Ripper to be the best heavy metal vocalist of the last fifteen years, I didn't listen to the first album. The samples I heard didn't really interest me. This song doesn't either. It should be heavier. I did raise the horns wen he started singing high. I totally disagree with the first response on the metal sucks site (Why is it named that?!). We need more melodic vocals in heavy metal. I'm not talking about whiny teens. I'm talking about guys who can sing high and have an edge to their voice, like Ripper. The main reason I don't listen to modern heavy metal is because of the vocals. Either it's a death grunt, a pig squeal, or a whine. So vocalists like Ripper deserve support.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-23-2011, 07:13 PM
We need more melodic vocals in heavy metal. I'm not talking about whiny teens. I'm talking about guys who can sing high and have an edge to their voice, like Ripper.

This.

I like this new song and I liked the first album. I'll definitely check it out.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Hopefully they'll do another tour

Nater
08-23-2011, 11:10 PM
So excited for the new album. I loved the last one so much. I hate how he is just written off for being in Judas Priest for a while. It's like no one actually gave him a chance to get out there and shine and be himself. Now he is and most people are just calling him a Halford rip-off. How many other bandas are doing that in this day and age?

Maidenmagic
08-24-2011, 12:29 PM
So excited for the new album. I loved the last one so much. I hate how he is just written off for being in Judas Priest for a while. It's like no one actually gave him a chance to get out there and shine and be himself. Now he is and most people are just calling him a Halford rip-off. How many other bandas are doing that in this day and age?

Sadly, not many. So that's why we should appericate them.

ThrashManiac
08-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Although I consider Ripper to be the best heavy metal vocalist of the last fifteen years, I didn't listen to the first album. The samples I heard didn't really interest me. This song doesn't either. It should be heavier. I did raise the horns wen he started singing high. I totally disagree with the first response on the metal sucks site (Why is it named that?!). We need more melodic vocals in heavy metal. I'm not talking about whiny teens. I'm talking about guys who can sing high and have an edge to their voice, like Ripper. The main reason I don't listen to modern heavy metal is because of the vocals. Either it's a death grunt, a pig squeal, or a whine. So vocalists like Ripper deserve support.

old school heavy metal with actual vocals is coming back. check out enforcer, night mistress, katana, steelwing, white wizzard, evil survives, volture,etc

just gotta dig to find the good stuff.

Maidenmagic
08-25-2011, 04:42 AM
old school heavy metal with actual vocals is coming back. check out enforcer, night mistress, katana, steelwing, white wizzard, evil survives, volture,etc

Thanks for these band names. (The only one I know is White Wizzard.) I'll check them out.

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Samples of all songs: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cold-Winds-On-Timeless-Days/dp/B005J8Q8Q8/

This is SO much better than the first one.

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 03:45 AM

Not listened to Night Mistress or Volture, but all of those other bands suck HARD.

Steelwing are cool live, but White Wizzard and Enforcer can't even redeem themselves on stage.

I wouldn't say old school metal is coming back, it's just being covered by second-rate tribute bands a lot.

Wolf are the only band doing it right, and they've been around for 16 (!) years now. Plus Hell, of course. Who are ancient, but never made it the first time.

ravenheart
09-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Another full song, 'Ashes Falling Upon Us':
http://soundcloud.com/metalbladerecords/charred-walls-of-the-damned-1