PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Napalm Death Album

adamclark52
08-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Why not, lot's of era's to choose from, lot's of different sound. I pick 'the Code is Red, Long Live the Code'. I can imagine a lot of people picking 'Scum' just because they think it's cool but 'From Enslavement to Obliteration' is actually the way better of their earlier grind albums.

I only put in full albums, too many EP's and comps to keep track of. Except the 'Leaders Not Followers' EP's because they're a pretty important part of ND's history.

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 09:56 AM
Probably something very old, but I'm not gonna pick just yet.

inb4 "I wonder which album smearCampaign would pick" :dorky:

DethMaiden
08-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm going to start a Favorite Favorite Album Poll Poll. For fuck's sake.

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm going to start a Favorite Favorite Album Poll Poll. For fuck's sake.:lol:

I'm going to do a Pulp one just to piss you off, because after your pissy post above, you won't be able to respond to it without looking like a total tool. :finger:

mastodon421
08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Easy one for me, Scum.

DethMaiden
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
:lol:

I'm going to do a Pulp one just to piss you off, because after your pissy post above, you won't be able to respond to it without looking like a total tool. :finger:

:lol: Just sayin'. I voted in a number of them, but it's starting to take over the entire General Chat forum.

christopher
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
This is probably the most difficult poll so far. ND has so many great albums. I think I'll have to stick with FETO.

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Easy one for me, Scum.

This is probably the most difficult poll so far. ND has so many great albums. I think I'll have to stick with FETO.

:agree: Mine will probably be one of these two.

christopher
08-23-2011, 10:31 AM
:agree: Mine will probably be one of these two.

FETO is probably the best lineup ND ever had. Shane Embury's first album with the band. Bill Steer wrote most of the album with the leftover Carcass shit that Jeff probably didn't want to use. Lee Dorian and Mick Harris were awesome. I wish this line up stayed for a few more albums. I do think Jesse Pintado is the most underrated guitar legends of all time and his albums were kick ass. That riff to Suffer the Children:lovedup:

Epidemic Reign
08-23-2011, 10:47 AM
:lol: Just sayin'. I voted in a number of them, but it's starting to take over the entire General Chat forum.

To be fair, these forums don't move at an incredibly fast pace. But hell, maybe a new forum just for polls wouldn't be a bad idea...

Epidemic Reign
08-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I love Napalm Death, but I'm not familiar enough with their entire discography to feel entitled to a vote. I do, however, own all of their albums (minus the first two because I don't care for them).

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 11:09 AM
That riff to Suffer the Children:lovedup:...which is from "Harmony Corruption", not FETO, for the record...but yeah. ;)

So yeah, I just did a quick refresher for each of the first two albums, and FETO is definitely my favorite. The production is perfect for what grindcore was at that time - i.e., extremely grungy and dirty, but just clean enough to really get the full heavosity of the amazing riffs. FETO for the win.

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
I love Napalm Death, but I'm not familiar enough with their entire discography to feel entitled to a vote. I do, however, own all of their albums (minus the first two because I don't care for them).There's the door right over there.

christopher
08-23-2011, 11:19 AM
...which is from "Harmony Corruption", not FETO, for the record...but yeah. ;)

I know that! :lol: I should have made my two points in different paragraphs. After I was done talking about the lineup for FETO, I went on to talk about Jesse Pintado being awesome and love the riff he wrote for Suffer the Children.

mankvill
08-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Probably something very old, but I'm not gonna pick just yet.

inb4 "I wonder which album smearCampaign would pick" :dorky:

Jokes on you, I picked it first

Natrlhi
08-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Jokes on you, I picked it firstI didn't say he'd be the first to pick it. Read much? :finger:

The Colonel
08-24-2011, 02:37 PM
This is really hard for me, ND are one of my favorite bands of all time and I love everything they've done. I have to go with "Enemy Of The Music Business." I think that album perfectly blends the energy and anger of their early shit with the more refined musicianship of their later stuff. Everything they've done since has been pure gold too.

Dextrimental
08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Scum and FETO will forever be classics, with a double CD of those given to me when I was 14 being my introduction to extreme music, but 'Code is Red' is my favorite of theirs personally, it just does it for me more so than any of their other records!

hellawaits77ny
08-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Harmony Corruption

mankvill
08-24-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hf5KznxOKA

fuck yeah

adamclark52
08-24-2011, 10:13 PM
This is really hard for me, ND are one of my favorite bands of all time and I love everything they've done. I have to go with "Enemy Of The Music Business." I think that album perfectly blends the energy and anger of their early shit with the more refined musicianship of their later stuff. Everything they've done since has been pure gold too.

I second. I've never heard Order of the Leech but everything they're done from 2000 on has been their best work.

metallicbrian666
08-25-2011, 03:52 AM
FETO is my personal favorite. Lee Dorrian makes Barney sound like shit.

Enemy Of The Music Business is definitely killer, though. I couldn't get into their last couple of albums, mainly Time Waits For No Slave, but I'd still like to see them live.

ChildrenofSodom
08-25-2011, 04:00 AM

I haven't been posting much lately because every fucking day somebody posts a "top [random number] song/album" thread. That stuff is boring when you a) don't care about the band, b) don't care enough to rank every single piece of music you listen to.

smearCampaign
08-25-2011, 07:16 AM
BETTER AN OUTCAST THAN A FORCED SYCOPHANT
BETTER A HEAD FREE FROM RELIGIOUS CHECKS

elturtleboy
01-22-2013, 12:33 PM
HOW DID I JUST SEE THIS?!

Alright. im gonna listen to all the albums again then choose. Most likely gonna be Scum though...

elturtleboy
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Ok. Listened to all of em. Here's My ranking. Also I replaced Leaders not followers(cover album which ruled hard) with Utilitarian(new album)

1.Scum
2.From Enslavement To Obliteration
3.Harmony Corruption
4.Smear Campaign
5.The Code Is Red... Long Live The Code
6.Enemy Of The Music Business
7.Utilitarian
8.Utopia Banished
9.Time Waits For No Slave
10.Order Of The Leech
11.Fear, Emptiness, Despair
12.Inside The Torn Apart
13.Words From The Exit Wound
14.Ditribes

OraclesofAgony
02-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Utilitarian is becoming my personal favorite Napalm album. I cannot stop listening to it. When I put it in the CD player in my truck it stays in there for weeks at a time. I did vote for FETO on this poll but had Utilitarian been on there I probably would've voted for it.

energymetal14
02-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Utilitarian is becoming my personal favorite Napalm album. I cannot stop listening to it. When I put it in the CD player in my truck it stays in there for weeks at a time. I did vote for FETO on this poll but had Utilitarian been on there I probably would've voted for it.

It's one of my top favorites right now. I still think Scum and From Enslavement will always be 1 and 2 for me, but Utilitarian has grown on me A LOT since the first time i listened to it.

Mental Pain
03-08-2013, 05:01 AM
Scum is the absolute definition of what the earliest examples of grindcore sound like.