PDA

View Full Version : Big 4 Trading Cards

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Unless you’ve been living under a boulder, you know that the Big Four of thrash—Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax—are playing Yankee Stadium in New York City on Wednesday, September 14. It’s only the second time these four metal colossuses have shared a stage in the United States.

Since nobody knows whether we’ll get another chance to see them onstage again, Revolver and Guitar World are celebrating the event with the Big Four Weeks. For the next month or so, leading up to the show, our websites will be giving fans eye-popping exclusives, previously unseen backstage video, excerpts from our interviews with the bands—including those in Revolver’s special issue devoted to the Big Four, which you can buy right here—and much, much more.

To kick things off, Revolver is presenting a first look at the Big Four trading cards we’re including in newsstand editions of our September/October issue, which you can buy right here right now and will be available everywhere else on Tuesday, August 16. We’ve modeled the cards after the Topps baseball cards in 1986—the year that three of the bands released their masterpieces—and the backs feature vital stats, selected discographies, and fun facts sponsored by our friends at Samson, Zoom, and Hartke.

You can preview the cards here (http://www.revolvermag.com/news/view-revolvers-big-four-trading-cards.html?pid=315)

ravenheart
08-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Do you get a full set with the mag, or do you need to buy 50 copies to try to collect them all? If it's a full set, I want!

Maidenmagic
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
On the card it says Megadeth tapes all their concerts. I'm assuming this is for personal reference.

ravenheart
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
On the card it says Megadeth tapes all their concerts. I'm assuming this is for personal reference.

Probably for future bonus tracks etc. if they need them, and so pop out the occasional live album. A lot of bands do this.

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Do you get a full set with the mag, or do you need to buy 50 copies to try to collect them all? If it's a full set, I want!

I bet it's one band per mag.

ravenheart
08-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I bet it's one band per mag.

Actually, looks like it's a set of all 18 cards: http://secure.nps1.net/guitarworld/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=262

I want!

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Actually, looks like it's a set of all 18 cards: http://secure.nps1.net/guitarworld/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=262

I want!

I'll buy the mag and tear off the cover.

ravenheart
08-15-2011, 05:21 PM
It's kinda ridiculous that I can get a six-issue international subscription for $20 including shipping, but it will cost nearly the same to buy this one issue.

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2011, 05:26 PM
It's kinda ridiculous that I can get a six-issue international subscription for $20 including shipping, but it will cost nearly the same to buy this one issue.

Revolver is garbage, you wouldn't want more then 1 issue.

Steev
08-15-2011, 06:45 PM
got this issue in the mail, no cards

someone's getting an email

DisposableJustice
08-15-2011, 08:09 PM
not a fan of the mag but I think I'll pick up this issue just for the cards they look awesome:rocker:

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Revolver is garbage, you wouldn't want more then 1 issue.

Precisely my problem. Not to worry, problem solved :D