PDA

View Full Version : Original Black Sabbath lineup reformed!

JuuKun
08-15-2011, 11:45 AM
http://metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php#.TklW81Xru9Y

:D

mankvill
08-15-2011, 11:48 AM
"metaltalk.net"

yeah ok

llama lom
08-15-2011, 11:51 AM
If this actually happens, I will shit myself. I'm still skeptical until I see something from the band.

Epidemic Reign
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Yep, sounds like shenanigans to me.

daimonos
08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
If this is true, I will be the happiest motherfucker on this planet.

rjturtle9
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
We must wait and see...

Magson13
08-15-2011, 12:22 PM
They'll do Ozzfest 2012. I've been saying this would happen for two years now. And I'm totally right. Haha

John The Drummer
08-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Dollar signs.

IrritatedTrout
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
I hope this is true.

christopher
08-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Link doesn't work anymore...

daimonos
08-15-2011, 12:45 PM
the page has been removed...

300%_Density
08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm glad my skepticism kept me from being too excited before reading these comments till the end. I will now go off to search for the always elusive lochness monster next!!!

JuuKun
08-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Well, then. My bad, folks. False alarm. Move along.

velvetgrass
08-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Link still works for me, the Metaltalk.net one that is

christopher
08-15-2011, 02:22 PM
The link works again. That would be cool to see them live again.

Maidenmagic
08-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Please let this be true. I'm not a Ozzy fan but hearing Tony's bonecrushing riffs live would be incredible.

300%_Density
08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Feel like a dick for my cynical comments. God let this be true. I'd find it hard to believe the news would break on that site but I'm hoping for the best. 7 years is way to long to wait to see them again.

Sanitarium78
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
This would be great if it ends up being true. But i'll wait for a reliable source to report this before getting too excited.

AnthG
08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
If it's not true: Lol

If it is true: Lol

ravenheart
08-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Great. And there I was thinking Tony and Geezer were going to do something good with their post-H&H time. So much for a new band with a new name, huh guys?

I'm all for the album, but for the love of God don't tour. It's bad enough seeing Ozzy ruin the old songs with his solo band. We don't need him ruining them fronting the proper band too.

Incidentally, Tony is going to start doing more with Ian Gillan soon too, so not sure how this is all going to fit in. These guys only have so many years left.

Sanitarium78
08-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I think because they don't have that long left it makes sense to reunite and tour. That way their careers come full circle and they can call it quits once it's over. I also think it would be cool if they played venues that held only four or five thousand instead of amphitheaters if they decide to do it again.

300%_Density
08-15-2011, 05:09 PM
I think because they don't have that long left it makes sense to reunite and tour. That way their careers come full circle and they can call it quits once it's over. I also think it would be cool if they played venues that held only four or five thousand instead of amphitheaters if they decide to do it again.

The fan in me likes the 4-5000 seat venues. The ticket buying fan in me cringes at how much I'd pay for a ticket in a smaller venue.

ravenheart
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I think if they came here and played a couple of nights at Hammersmith Apollo or something, I would go. Just the once, to satisfy myself that I was right and Ozzy would ruin it.

Really, truly though... I don't want a tour. I want the album, but not the tour. They've been so shit-scared of ruining the legacy with a new album, but in reality they've all demonstrated they still have the chops in the studio. It's a tour that will ruin the legacy.

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I want the tour but not the album because The Devil You Know is crap and Scream is crap so there's no reason to think combining the forces behind them in the same timeframe wouldn't be. :)

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2011, 05:47 PM
I want the tour but not the album because The Devil You Know is crap and Scream is crap so there's no reason to think combining the forces behind them in the same timeframe wouldn't be. :)

:hmm:

makethemsuffer12
08-15-2011, 06:24 PM
:hmm:

This. "Follow the Tears" has to be one of Sabbath's best (and heaviest) songs, if you ask me. "Bible Black", "Fear", "Eating the Cannibals", etc. are all killer.

BlackmoreOfBowling
08-15-2011, 08:06 PM
For me, TDYK was the hands-down album of 2009 for the sheer prospect of 65 year-old men killing hipsters with brooding Doom Metal. Of course, it helps to have an immaculate vocalist and that the songs were the best that they've written in a solid couple decades.

Scream was crap though.

300%_Density
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
For me, TDYK was the hands-down album of 2009 for the sheer prospect of 65 year-old men killing hipsters with brooding Doom Metal. Of course, it helps to have an immaculate vocalist and that the songs were the best that they've written in a solid couple decades.

Scream was crap though.

+1
+1

DethMaiden
08-15-2011, 08:32 PM
I honestly didn't know people liked that album until this thread. :confused: It's heavy, yes, but what else is it, exactly?

makethemsuffer12
08-15-2011, 08:56 PM
I honestly didn't know people liked that album until this thread. :confused: It's heavy, yes, but what else is it, exactly?

Fucking awesome. Duh.

mankvill
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
I really didn't like it at first, but it really grew on me! :bawling: dio come back

Christen
08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
This is one of those things I would pay for just so I could say I've seen the original line-up of Black Sabbath.

idrinkwine732
08-15-2011, 09:45 PM

I yawned frequently on my first few listens. I wouldn't say it sucked, but it was given a lot of praise for its lineup, not its content.

christopher
08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
I really liked TDYK and was really happy to see the tour for it. I'm really happy they played Follow the Tears cause that riff is fucking awesome!

daimonos
08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I think if they came here and played a couple of nights at Hammersmith Apollo or something, I would go. Just the once, to satisfy myself that I was right and Ozzy would ruin it.

Really, truly though... I don't want a tour. I want the album, but not the tour. They've been so shit-scared of ruining the legacy with a new album, but in reality they've all demonstrated they still have the chops in the studio. It's a tour that will ruin the legacy.

:tp:

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 01:53 AM
:tp:

Implying I'm in any way wrong?

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 01:55 AM

You are, in fact, completely wrong on both counts, but thanks for playing ;)

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 02:13 AM
No other more "reputable" sources are reporting this yet...

stylesclash516
08-16-2011, 05:52 AM
It's official, new album on its way:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162051

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2011, 05:59 AM
The first news story of the day that I read was that story on Blabbermouth. My day couldn't have started any better. :party:

AnataFan4Life
08-16-2011, 06:05 AM
If they can record something that's at least on par with The Devil You Know, then i'll be satisfied. :rocker:

300%_Density
08-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Didn't think I'd see the day. Goodbye having to hear Momma I'm coming Home for the 50th time now.

Sanitarium78
08-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Great news. If they can write something musically like TDYK combined with Geezer's lyrics we might have something special here.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-16-2011, 06:26 AM
I hope they stay away from Kevin Churko (Ozzy) producing this. He is one of the reasons the last few Ozzy albums have not been too good.

I'd like to see Rick Rubin, Max Norman or Terry Date produce this album.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 06:57 AM
It's official, new album on its way:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162051

Shame on you, Blabbermouth readers. Quote actual sources.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Rick Rubin

Please God no.

Tony, Geezer and Ronnie did a fine job producing The Devil You Know themselves, with help from Mike Exeter. Don't see why Tony and Geezer couldn't work with him again to achieve a good, heavy result.

daimonos
08-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Implying I'm in any way wrong?

I know you're wrong. The reunion hasn't even happened yet and you're already talking about how Ozzy is going to ruin it. I know it's cool to hate on Ozzy these days, but letting something like Ozzy's voice, which we can all admit isn't as good as it once was, ruin a performance from the most important, influential, and arguably best metal band of all time, is just silly. He sounded great on Ozzfest last year. It was probably the best I've seen him.

I definitely want a tour, no doubt, it's the album that I'm 50/50 on. I just wanna see these guys one more time before they get too old. Black Sabbath at Ozzfest 2005 was a life changing moment for me, and one of the first shows I ever went to, and since then I've wanted nothing more than to see my heroes, who I've been listening to since I was in elementary school, live on stage again.

So, in short...

FUCK YES

Sanitarium78
08-16-2011, 07:21 AM
There's no reason to have Rick Rubin produce the new album. After he ruined Metallica's last one I don't have much faith that he knows how to make Sabbath sound proper. Besides Tony and Geezer have produced enough of their albums through the years that the album will be fine with them doing it.

MetalIsArt
08-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Yep, sounds like shenanigans to me.

It's true and all over the interwebs. Finally.

Let's hope Bill is involved.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 07:53 AM
letting something like Ozzy's voice, which we can all admit isn't as good as it once was, ruin a performance from the most important, influential, and arguably best metal band of all time, is just silly.

No, it's accurate. History means nothing if the current performances are poor. An attitude you and everyone else would, and do, apply quite happily to every other band on the live circuit. Black Sabbath are no different. Ozzy's voice is not going to improve. His performances are not going to improve. It's too late for that, and he will suck just as badly, if not more, when he tries to sing more of the old material.

I have no idea whether it's cool to hate on Ozzy these days. I don't care who it's cool to hate on, as you'll have gathered from any conversation I've joined in on regarding the likes of recent Metallica music and Guns N' Roses. Coolness has nothing to do with it. Ozzy's live vocals are terrible now. It's an unavoidable fact. He can pull off the odd night, granted. I saw him at the Roundhouse in London last year and he sounded pretty good. But the time before that in '07 he was awful. And earlier this year he was awful. 1/3 ain't good enough and there is no evidence at all to suggest that ratio is going to get any higher at all.

If his vocals don't ruin the show for you, well you enjoy it, but that just means you're watching the show through rose-tinted eyes. As evidenced by:

Black Sabbath at Ozzfest 2005 was a life changing moment for me, and one of the first shows I ever went to, and since then I've wanted nothing more than to see my heroes, who I've been listening to since I was in elementary school, live on stage again.

That means you're going to have a great time and Ozzy isn't going to ruin it for you. That's fine, and you should rightly look forward to that. I don't have the same view. Sabbath are one of my favourite bands, if not my all time favourite as I love everything they've done, with all of the singers, not just Ozzy. But it doesn't matter how much I love them, if they do something that sucks, I can recognise that.

And there'll be more than enough people worldwide with the same "OMG, original Black Sabbath, this is going to be amazing regardless" view to guarantee a tour will be a success.

However, bring on the album. That's the important part of all this. Potentially good new music > greatest hits sets at all times, for all cases.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Let's hope Bill is involved.

If I had to guess, I'd say he will be but the tour will string the shows out so he's not doing a whole bunch in a row.

daimonos
08-16-2011, 08:16 AM

I do understand what you're saying, and it does make sense. But you have to admit that Ozzy is in much better shape now, physically and vocally, than he has been for many years.

Just go to the show, jam out, and enjoy the little things in life! :D

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 08:23 AM
I do understand what you're saying, and it does make sense. But you have to admit that Ozzy is in much better shape now, physically and vocally, than he has been for many years.

Just go to the show, jam out, and enjoy the little things in life! :D

Physically yes, in absolute agreement. He is moving SO much better than when I saw him in '07. At that point he was the epitome of the shuffling old man characture everyone pictures him as.

But vocally, he's still as hit-and-miss as he was before. I've heard people say he sounded great on their stop of the '05 Ozzfest, go to another show the same year and find he sucked again. Same in '07, there were shows where he reportedly sounded great. My one he was awful.

And that hasn't changed on this tour. Saw him July 2010, great. June 2011, crap.

I'm not going to go out of my way to see this. If they headline a festival I'm going to, I will watch them for sure. I still love those songs, and watching Tony is always rewarding. But if Ozzy spoils it, I'm not above saying so.

And if they book headlining dates in the UK, which I'm sure at some point they will, and tickets aren't extortionate for a band of their size, I'll consider it, for sure.

I'm far more excited about the album though.

DethMaiden
08-16-2011, 09:35 AM
http://www.avclub.com/articles/black-sabbath-reunites,60466/

"Via the Quietus" ---> Link to my Home of Metal article when Tony dropped the big hints for this in June ---> I'm on the AV Club

:dorky:

MetalIsArt
08-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Physically yes, in absolute agreement. He is moving SO much better than when I saw him in '07. At that point he was the epitome of the shuffling old man characture everyone pictures him as.

But vocally, he's still as hit-and-miss as he was before. I've heard people say he sounded great on their stop of the '05 Ozzfest, go to another show the same year and find he sucked again. Same in '07, there were shows where he reportedly sounded great. My one he was awful.

And that hasn't changed on this tour. Saw him July 2010, great. June 2011, crap.

I'm not going to go out of my way to see this. If they headline a festival I'm going to, I will watch them for sure. I still love those songs, and watching Tony is always rewarding. But if Ozzy spoils it, I'm not above saying so.

And if they book headlining dates in the UK, which I'm sure at some point they will, and tickets aren't extortionate for a band of their size, I'll consider it, for sure.

I'm far more excited about the album though.

Jebus, wait until you hear/see them live.

llama lom
08-16-2011, 10:27 AM
If this comes anywhere remotely near me, I HAVE to go. There's no way I'm missing a possibly once in a lifetime thing like this.

Maidenmagic
08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
If this comes anywhere remotely near me, I HAVE to go. There's no way I'm missing a possibly once in a lifetime thing like this.

I feel the same way.

makethemsuffer12
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM
There's no reason to have Rick Rubin produce the new album. After he ruined Metallica's last one I don't have much faith that he knows how to make Sabbath sound proper. Besides Tony and Geezer have produced enough of their albums through the years that the album will be fine with them doing it.

Eh, Rick's not really to blame for that one. Greg Fidelman was the engineer. Rubin just helped direct them musically.

mankvill
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
From Black Sabbath's Facebook page:

"Tony Iommi Comments on Today's Posts:

I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Sabbath reunion.

Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of “official” statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory, he won’t have another"

>_>

<_<

could he be talking about Brad?

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 12:24 PM
could he be talking about Brad?

Brad isn't from Birmingham and could never fool anyone into thinking that, so clearly not.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Eh, Rick's not really to blame for that one. Greg Fidelman was the engineer. Rubin just helped direct them musically.

He's not even to blame either. The record company are.

mankvill
08-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Brad isn't from Birmingham and could never fool anyone into thinking that, so clearly not.

BUT STILL

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Jebus, wait until you hear/see them live.

That won't make any difference. Ozzy can't be fixed now. It's too late.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 12:28 PM
http://www.avclub.com/articles/black-sabbath-reunites,60466/

"Via the Quietus" ---> Link to my Home of Metal article when Tony dropped the big hints for this in June ---> I'm on the AV Club

:dorky:

That was tenuous :lol:

TonyD
08-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Figures.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-16-2011, 01:02 PM
The comments Iommi made in the June article combined with his lack of denial and "no official statement has been released" convince me its still happening but someone let the cat out of the bag earlier than planned. Iommi's new statement is vague about denying much of anything. It seems more like an apology to his band members for not keeping his mouth shut. You make those statements to the media but you expect no one to say a word? Ok...

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2011, 01:20 PM
I still think this is happening, it just wasn't meant to be known yet.

Maidenmagic
08-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Damn! Well, I still have the new Van Halen album and tour to look forward to.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 01:57 PM
The comments Iommi made in the June article combined with his lack of denial and "no official statement has been released" convince me its still happening but someone let the cat out of the bag earlier than planned. Iommi's new statement is vague about denying much of anything. It seems more like an apology to his band members for not keeping his mouth shut. You make those statements to the media but you expect no one to say a word? Ok...

Yeah, if it weren't true he'd just flat out deny it. Also, unless the journalist in question completely made up comments from Iommi, which again Iommi is not claiming he did, then statements like the ones he made aren't just "speculation".

masterguy49
08-16-2011, 02:28 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO MG

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 02:56 PM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO MG

:lol: Where have you been?

PowerMaiden
08-16-2011, 02:59 PM
that would be the only way for me to ever see Ozzy again

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

masterguy49
08-16-2011, 03:13 PM
:lol: Where have you been?

:lol:

I guess I really didn't believe it till I read that.

ravenheart
08-16-2011, 03:43 PM
:lol:

I guess I really didn't believe it till I read that.

You probably should have read it four pages ago like the rest of us then. Would have saved yourself a heart attack ;)

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah, if it weren't true he'd just flat out deny it. Also, unless the journalist in question completely made up comments from Iommi, which again Iommi is not claiming he did, then statements like the ones he made aren't just "speculation".

Exactly. And now that Ravenheart & Wolverinekills have crashed this public relations nightmare party, the best thing the band can do is announce the info as well as Ozzfest 2012 at a press conference tomorrow. :allan:

Butcher of Birth
08-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Loved them when I saw them on their last tour date with Ozzy back in 2005, still gonna have the same amount of love! :rocker:

Dissimulate
08-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Fuck Ozzfest. They should just do an arena tour, at least in Canada, so I actually get to see them before Bill Ward dies mid-drum solo.

AnthG
08-16-2011, 10:54 PM
And while you guys are creaming your pants for this, I'll be seeing better and more affordable live bands. It appears Ravenheart will be doing the same thing.

MetalIsArt
08-16-2011, 11:36 PM
:bouville: :eek: It's not true.

http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/2011/08/16/black-sabbaths-tony-iommi-saddened-by-reunion-rumors/

:finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2: :hecho::hecho::hecho::hmm:

masterguy49
08-16-2011, 11:40 PM
:bouville: :eek: It's not true.

http://www.metal-rules.com/metalnews/2011/08/16/black-sabbaths-tony-iommi-saddened-by-reunion-rumors/

:finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2: :hecho::hecho::hecho::hmm:

/FACEPALM

MetalIsArt
08-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Damn them journalists! :flame:

TonyD
08-17-2011, 01:15 AM
He was also facepalming because of you, everybody knew about that like a day ago.

MetalIsArt
08-17-2011, 01:46 AM
He was also facepalming because of you, everybody knew about that like a day ago.

That's the disadvantage of living in a different timezone. :D

I'm still convinced we'll see a reunion one day though.

ravenheart
08-17-2011, 02:19 AM
That's the disadvantage of living in a different timezone. :D

I'm still convinced we'll see a reunion one day though.

As me and Wolvie up there said, he doesn't say it's not true.

MetalIsArt
08-17-2011, 05:23 AM
That's my second part of the post. I'm pretty sure that Iommi was surprised by the intense buzz it created.

And I'm convinced they are able to make a great final album...

imanidiot777
08-17-2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/53/22378/BLACK-SABBATH-Reunion-Back-On

This is different, perhaps some of the story was actually true.

MetalIsArt
08-17-2011, 10:22 AM
I get it, it was supposed to be a SECRET until the guys make their official statement.

:cool:

christopher
08-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Imagine how epic it would be if they got Wino to do vocals instead of Ozzy:drool:

MetalIsArt
08-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Imagine how epic it would be if they got Wino to do vocals instead of Ozzy:drool:

No.

IrritatedTrout
08-19-2011, 05:03 AM
No.

This.

Sanitarium78
08-19-2011, 05:10 AM

Excuse my ignorance but who the fuck is Wino?

Getting anyone to replace Ozzy on vocals now that the original Sabbath is back together again is just a rediculous idea.

daimonos
08-19-2011, 06:09 AM
who the fuck is Wino?

oh no he dint

daimonos
08-19-2011, 06:14 AM
But in all seriousness Wino is the does vocals/or at least is involved with:

Saint Vitus
The Obsessed
Spirit Caravan
Premonition 13
Shrinebuilder
The Hidden Hand
Place of Skulls
and his solo band.

Sanitarium78
08-19-2011, 06:17 AM
But in all seriousness Wino is the does vocals/or at least is involved with:

Saint Vitus
The Obsessed
Spirit Caravan
Premonition 13
Shrinebuilder
The Hidden Hand
Place of Skulls
and his solo band.

Ok, the only band i've ever listened to on there is Saint Vitus and they didn't do much for me if I recall.

christopher
08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Excuse my ignorance but who the fuck is Wino?

Getting anyone to replace Ozzy on vocals now that the original Sabbath is back together again is just a rediculous idea.

I know it'll never happen. It's obviously a dream to hear that. I know I'll definitely get a lot of hate from this, but I think Wino>>Ozzy at the moment. Back in Ozzy's prime it would definitely be another story, but Ozzy should call it quits soon.

Rocco44
08-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I know it'll never happen. It's obviously a dream to hear that. I know I'll definitely get a lot of hate from this, but I think Wino>>Ozzy at the moment. Back in Ozzy's prime it would definitely be another story, but Ozzy should call it quits soon.

Yeah I agree. I would love to hear an album with all those guys I just wouldn't call it Black Sabbath. Wino is the most underrated metal legend in my eyes.

MetalIsArt
08-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Thank god it'll never happen. St Vitus does nothing for me and I think we have waited for the final reunion long enough.

ravenheart
08-20-2011, 03:14 AM

Hell yes. But not under the Black Sabbath name.

Some project with Iommi and Wino though would be doom metal heaven.

300%_Density
08-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Even though I know I risk the ridicule for using this as a source but even Ozzys kids seem to imply that the Sabbath thing will still go down.

Source:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162346

This was @ the premire of the new Ozzy documentary that Jack made:

Artisan News asked Ozzy's daughter Kelly at last night's event where her dad was and she sort of let the cat out of the bag while her brother was better able to keep the secret.

"My dad is… I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you," Kelly said. "But he's doing something that is very, very exciting. He's just finished a tour. But he's doing something very exciting. I'm not allowed to talk about it, though."

When asked if there is any truth to the reports that Ozzy is in England working on a new SABBATH album, Jack replied, "I can neither confirm nor deny who he is with or where he is."

I also await smartass comments as well. :cool:

AnthG
08-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Only smartass thing I have to say is how is Black Sabbath reforming for the 4th or 5th time in the last few years "very, very exciting"? If they record an album, then ok, that's something they haven't done together since like 1978 or something, but I doubt it will be anything more than an excuse to tour and play the same 14 songs every night on Ozzfest 2013.

Maybe i'm just a bitter young guy who isn't old enough to appreciate what Black Sabbath did for music and what it was like in the 70s and all that jazz, but seriously, Who. The. Fuck. Cares?

El Gordo
08-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Only smartass thing I have to say is how is Black Sabbath reforming for the 4th or 5th time in the last few years "very, very exciting"? If they record an album, then ok, that's something they haven't done together since like 1978 or something, but I doubt it will be anything more than an excuse to tour and play the same 14 songs every night on Ozzfest 2013.

Maybe i'm just a bitter young guy who isn't old enough to appreciate what Black Sabbath did for music and what it was like in the 70s and all that jazz, but seriously, Who. The. Fuck. Cares?

Alright, alright, I really don't give a shit if Sabbath records an album or tours or whatever. But to say you don't appreciate what Sabbath did for music, or more importantly, METAL, well that's just fucking ignorant. I wasn't alive in the 70's either, but those early Sabbath albums are groundbreaking, earth-shattering gold.

electrocute1031
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM

that would be awesome, it would also be awesome if sabbath toured with saint vitus and or pentagram (dream lineup). But sadly that would probably never happen.

TonyD
08-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah if it does happen they're not gonna pick anyone that Iron Maiden wouldn't to open.

BlackmoreOfBowling
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I wasn't alive in the 70's either, but those early Sabbath albums are groundbreaking, earth-shattering gold.

Even that's kind of understating how potently executed those first 6 records were. It didn't just annoy parents like all the party bands like Zeppelin and KISS did. It made people fear for their lives. Obviously, 4 decades have significantly changed both parties. But TDYK exemplified Iommi's reign as the founding father of metal, and it has been well over 5 years since Ozzy and Tony have shared a stage together. The reunion will undoubtedly be refreshing.

that would be awesome, it would also be awesome if sabbath toured with saint vitus and or pentagram (dream lineup). But sadly that would probably never happen.

Sabbath/Pentagram/Saint Vitus is like the Father, Son & Holy Ghost of Doom Metal music. Except all the kids would probably be turned off by how old Liebling, Wino and Chandler are and by how "boring" their music would be, as opposed to the fun-filled, energetic stylings of Disturbed and In Flames...

AnthG
08-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Alright, alright, I really don't give a shit if Sabbath records an album or tours or whatever. But to say you don't appreciate what Sabbath did for music, or more importantly, METAL, well that's just fucking ignorant. I wasn't alive in the 70's either, but those early Sabbath albums are groundbreaking, earth-shattering gold.

Oh, I like Sabbath plenty. I have a ton of their stuff, and I understand what they did for metal and music in general. I just don't understand how them reuniting and getting back together for the 4th or 5th time is exciting in any way. And I assumed (probably incorrectly) that someone would attribute my non-excitement to being too young and not being able to appreciate what they were and what not.

Sorry if I implied anything different.

daimonos
08-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Sabbath/Pentagram/Saint Vitus is like the Father, Son & Holy Ghost of Doom Metal music. Except all the kids would probably be turned off by how old Liebling, Wino and Chandler are and by how "boring" their music would be, as opposed to the fun-filled, energetic stylings of Disturbed and In Flames...

So excited for Pentagram this week :fist:

and yeah, I'd like to see them on tour with Sabbath.

Butcher of Birth
08-25-2011, 11:39 AM
The rumors of a Black Sabbath reunion continue to build with Ozzy's own kids adding to the speculation.

Kelly said: "We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we've been writing is really good. It's more back to the old original stuff. It's all been very hush-hush. Ozzy's been the worst at trying to hold it back. He's doing a lot of TV and he's being asked stuff about a reunion and he's going ‘Well, I never say never'. He told me, ‘I don't know what to say'. My dad is… I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you. But he's doing something that is very, very exciting. He's just finished a tour. But he's doing something very exciting. I'm not allowed to talk about it, though."

Meanwhile Jack added: "I can neither confirm or deny who he is with or where he is."

Tony Iommi has denied the rumors.

ravenheart
08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Kelly said: "We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we've been writing is really good. It's more back to the old original stuff. It's all been very hush-hush. Ozzy's been the worst at trying to hold it back. He's doing a lot of TV and he's being asked stuff about a reunion and he's going ‘Well, I never say never'. He told me, ‘I don't know what to say'. My dad is… I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you. But he's doing something that is very, very exciting. He's just finished a tour. But he's doing something very exciting. I'm not allowed to talk about it, though."

This part is Tony's quote.

Butcher of Birth
08-25-2011, 12:08 PM
This part is Tony's quote.

Just copied and pasted it from a news site, didn't bother to edit it.

El Gordo
08-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Oh, I like Sabbath plenty. I have a ton of their stuff, and I understand what they did for metal and music in general. I just don't understand how them reuniting and getting back together for the 4th or 5th time is exciting in any way. And I assumed (probably incorrectly) that someone would attribute my non-excitement to being too young and not being able to appreciate what they were and what not.

Sorry if I implied anything different.

Understood! Carry on. :D

ravenheart
10-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Ozzy in an interview with Billboard this week, when asked about Sabbath reforming:

"Yes, it's a very, very strong possibility. It's in the very early stages, so we haven't recorded anything yet. If it works out, it'll work out. If it doesn't, I'll keep doing my thing."

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Good news! It better work out though.:nag:

TonyD
10-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Sharon won't let 2005 be the last time Sabbath plays, since she didn't get to capitalize on it by throwing "BLACK SABBATH FINAL LAST FAREWELL FOREVER PAY MORE TO SEE THEM" all over it.

Butcher of Birth
10-08-2011, 02:19 PM
I was at that last show! hehe ;)

TonyD
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
The one time it didn't get canceled because of a fucking hurricane.

jhdeity
10-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Sharon won't let 2005 be the last time Sabbath plays, since she didn't get to capitalize on it by throwing "BLACK SABBATH FINAL LAST FAREWELL FOREVER PAY MORE TO SEE THEM" all over it.

So true...

Butcher of Birth
10-10-2011, 05:20 PM
The one time it didn't get canceled because of a fucking hurricane.

And i loved the shit out of it! My third show!

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Tony Iommi: "We’ve had a rehearsal and played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We’re all on good terms and we’re at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it’s the closest it’s been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

Butcher of Birth
10-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Tony Iommi: "We’ve had a rehearsal and played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We’re all on good terms and we’re at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it’s the closest it’s been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

Such great news! Hope it happens, and those who are anti-ozzy sabbath can just stay out of the gig!

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Such great news! Hope it happens, and those who are anti-ozzy sabbath can just stay out of the gig!

There are people who are anti-Ozzy Sabbath?

I thought there were only retarded people who were anti every other Sabbath.

TonyD
10-21-2011, 09:08 AM

Maiden33?
Where is the source, btw...?

Maiden33
10-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Maiden33?

Guilty as charged.

kommie
10-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Maybe there will be an Ozzfest next year, and for the first time in a long time I might go to an outdoor music festival cause the last time was Ozzfest 2007.(Mayhem line-ups are always super lame save maybe 3 bands, and it's not worth paying $40+ for 3 bands that aren't even headliners.)

Butcher of Birth
10-22-2011, 12:23 PM

There is a new wave of people saying that the only good line up was the Dio line up, just on the bias they liked Dio better than Ozzy. There by making Mob Rules > War Pigs and Heaven and Hell > Children of the Grave.

ravenheart
10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
There is a new wave of people saying that the only good line up was the Dio line up, just on the bias they liked Dio better than Ozzy.

That's only because people have such short memories.

There by making Mob Rules > War Pigs and Heaven and Hell > Children of the Grave.

Both of these things are true, though.

mankvill
10-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Pfft, War Pigs is classic. I like it better than Mob Rules. Heaven and Hell is one of the greatest songs ever written in any genre since the beginning of time, though.

Iron Man...there's a crappy song.

ravenheart
10-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Iron Man...there's a crappy song.

Paranoid wishes it were as good as Iron Man.

mankvill
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Paranoid wishes it were as good as Iron Man.

I'm not saying Paranoid or Iron Man are AMAZING and shit.

But I will take anything from the first four Black Sabbath albums over Iron Man. I dunno if it's just extremely over-played or what, but it's just not a good song at all.

ravenheart
10-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm not saying Paranoid or Iron Man are AMAZING and shit.

But I will take anything from the first four Black Sabbath albums over Iron Man. I dunno if it's just extremely over-played or what, but it's just not a good song at all.

Exactly how I feel about Paranoid. It's probably amongst five my all-time worst Black Sabbath songs of any line-up.

I don't really see a lot of difference in quality between Iron Man and War Pigs though.

mankvill
10-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Exactly how I feel about Paranoid. It's probably amongst five my all-time worst Black Sabbath songs of any line-up.

I don't really see a lot of difference in quality between Iron Man and War Pigs though.

War Pigs and Iron Man are stylistically similar, but I just think War Pigs does everything Iron Man does but just so much better. It's slow, heavy-as-balls beginning, the build-up, the climax, everything.

Plus War Pigs is a lot more fun to sing live!

Butcher of Birth
10-22-2011, 05:04 PM

LIES! Well maybe the Heaven and Hell one, but most to all "classic" Sabbath is better than all other Sabbath. I hope we can agree on that.

Butcher of Birth
10-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Plus War Pigs is a lot more fun to sing live!

This is true!

Most things off the Paranoid record are overplayed and dull now. Paranoid is Black Sabbath as Number of the Beast is to Iron Maiden, where you start but not where you finish!

El Gordo
10-22-2011, 08:48 PM

No. You could make a case for Mob Rules being better than War Pigs, but Heaven & Hell better than Children of the Grave? Fuck off, Children of the Grave made people headbang before it was called headbanging.

darkguardian50
10-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Heaven and Hell IS better than Children of the Grave. Mob Rules is eh...its a solid song, but I'd take War Pigs any day. But for me the definitive Sabbath song will always be a split between Black Sabbath (the song) which scared the beejus out of me the first time I heard it, or Heaven and Hell which I think is one of the definitive metal songs ever written.

Maidenmagic
10-23-2011, 05:27 AM
If Ozzy Sabbath wasn't the first heavy metal band I wouldn't care about their material as much. Yes their stuff is classic but the only period of Sabbath that I truely love is the Dio one. In my opinion, They did their best work with him and vice versa. I thought Born again was a decent album , haven't listened to seventh star that much, and the Tony Martin albums were a little too light for sabbath. (But I can get into them.)

AnthG
10-23-2011, 08:48 AM
This is true!

Most things off the Paranoid record are overplayed and dull now. Paranoid is Black Sabbath as Number of the Beast is to Iron Maiden, where you start but not where you finish!

I started with Powerslave. Now what?

ravenheart
10-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Not sure what next, but I can tell you the thing not to do is ask my opinion of that album :lol:

mankvill
10-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Not sure what next, but I can tell you the thing not to do is ask my opinion of that album :lol:

GOD DAMNIT

Butcher of Birth
10-23-2011, 06:40 PM

So you are minority. :cool:

metallicbrian666
10-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Dehumanizer is the best Sabbath album :rockdevil

masterguy49
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I started with Powerslave as well. :D

Butcher of Birth
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I started with Powerslave as well. :D

But you would have to agree that the big album, that most people listen to first, is Number of the Beast. You would also be hard pressed to find someone who hadn't heard a song from that album, in modern times, before hearing another song from another album.

ravenheart
10-24-2011, 01:58 AM
But you would have to agree that the big album, that most people listen to first, is Number of the Beast. You would also be hard pressed to find someone who hadn't heard a song from that album, in modern times, before hearing another song from another album.

Anyone remember what I started with? I *think* it was Brave New World, then Somewhere In Time... maybe... Or maybe Fear of The Dark second?

Epidemic Reign
10-24-2011, 02:01 AM
I started with Dance of Death :lol:

Maidenmagic
10-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Anyone remember what I started with? I *think* it was Brave New World, then Somewhere In Time... maybe... Or maybe Fear of The Dark second?

I started with Brave New World. My intro to Maiden, Heavy metal, and progressive music. So you can imagine how it felt when I saw Maiden open with the one two punch of The Wicker Man and Ghost of The Navigator last summer.

Butcher of Birth
10-24-2011, 08:52 AM
:boxer::wallbang::boxer::wallbang:

daimonos
10-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Piece of Mind was my first Maiden album, I believe. Although my brother had The Number of the Beast, so I had heard it.

AnthG
10-24-2011, 07:20 PM

First Maiden song I ever heard was The Trooper. And this was back in 2003.

slapguitarer
10-24-2011, 07:56 PM
My first Maiden album was The Final Frontier :eyes:

Prior to that, all I had was Somewhere Back in Time :eyes::eyes:

masterguy49
10-24-2011, 08:11 PM
My first Maiden album was The Final Frontier :eyes:

Prior to that, all I had was Somewhere Back in Time :eyes::eyes:

Wadda n00b

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Now I feel really old. I "borrowed" my brother's Piece of Mind cassette in '84. Was hooked from then on. I must have watched Iron Maiden: Behind the Iron Curtain that my brother recorded off of MTV a hundred times.

Butcher of Birth
10-24-2011, 08:24 PM
You guys make my sad.

TonyD
10-24-2011, 09:19 PM

Let me check my records on that...

Butcher of Birth
10-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Let me check my records on that...

MetalSelists has the best archival system in all of forum based websites.

electrocute1031
10-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead tour, is now rumored
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/rumors/hope-black-sabbath-judas-priest-motorhead-tour-rumor-true

TonyD
10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey didn't that already happen?

IrritatedTrout
10-26-2011, 11:52 AM
That would be absolutely amazing.

TonyD
10-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Unless it ends up at an outdoor seated/lawn venue :mad:

Maidenmagic
10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
I read about this tour but with Maiden and Led Zeppelin. Maiden and Sabbath on the sane stage again is not going to happen and Led Zeppelin is dead. Weird that Priest would want to do this, with the Epitaph tour underway.

Dissimulate
10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
It almost sounds too good to be true, but the reunion itself was just a rumor at the start as well. I'll go if it comes here, I honestly wouldn't expect too much from Sabbath live now though.

Maidenmagic
10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't either but I still want to see them at least once. But Priest would be the main attraction for me, since I can't see them on their current tour. I'm not a fan of Motörhead but I can tolerate their music.

ravenheart
10-26-2011, 03:37 PM
What was that people were saying about Europe getting the good package tours. We NEVER get tours like this because the bands involved can always make more money on their own.

You get tours like this because y'all are tight motherfuckers who don't spent money on tickets.